7-day votes

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

7-day votes

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Beathan raised a question about 7-day votes at last Sunday's meeting and I think I gave the wrong answer in the meeting.

The procedures are on the wiki [url=http://www.aliasi.us/nburgwiki/tiki-ind ... s:2j69wvfe]here[/url:2j69wvfe].

The relevant section is:
"Is the topic ready for a vote?
If Yes, the topic is referred to the members. If all present concur, the vote may occur at the in-world meeting. Otherwise, or if one of the members not present has made a public request to do so prior to the meeting, the members vote before the next in world meeting. The results are published in the forum, along with how each member voted."

In other words, when an RA member has requested a 7-day vote this is then taken over the next 7 days with all members (present or not) able to cast their vote during this time. I was wrong to state that any RA members present had to cast their vote during the meeting. Sorry about that, I'll read up on my meeting procedures before each meeting in future!

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Hi Pat!

That is good to know and it makes sense. I don't think any harm was done in this case!

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”