Are you ready for some Football?

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Are you ready for some Football?

Post by Rose Springvale »

In the spirit of intra mural team building, there will be Game 1 of the CDS oktoberfest soccer tournament in NFS Saturday at noon SLT. CN's roman winos will take on the NFS beer guzzlers for the honor of soccer domination!
If it works out, we'll have game 2 in teh Amphitheater

For this game, residents of CN, friends and anyone else we can drag down will compete against a similarly formed team from NFS.

Where you might ask? why.. down below the street. See the teleporters
and go on down to practice!

Lilith Ivory is designing jerseys.. so come on, be part of the team

(thanks to Sleazy/top (isn't there a band wit that name?) for the idea and tp's

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

This is going to be great, here are a few tricks for better results:

• CTRL-R for running, and press it again to walk again

• Log off while you're on the soccer field, then log on again, to "last location": SL will load fewer textures and run more smoothly

• Enlarge your feet :)

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

okay! the uniforms are ready.. located on the playing field ... come choose your colors! Thanks to Lilith Ivory, who did a GREAT job!

We will start at 12 slt... bring anyone you can find... i'm sure the more we have the easier it will be.... and you won't notice how clumsy Rose is!

It's been suggested that i announce this Grid wide... but events isn't working.... at least not for me... in fact many of the website functions have been down since the upgrade.

I'll try to get the scavenger hunt together still.. but without models or plans for the new sim, the point is kind of gone. We will have the Triathalon tomorrow, in NFS only.

One more concert is in the works, classical music, and of course the ball on the 7th. I'm hoping Draxtor will dj it; waiting for word back before setting a time.

Also, there has been an upgrade to the polka, if you've not tried it yet, you are missing a fun experience... if you have, the sync on start and in lag conditions has been improved. Come see!!

Desmond Shang
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Desmond Shang »

A wonderful thing!

If I get some Caledon uniforms made and roust out some players, care for a World Cup series?

If we get too many Caledon people we can loan a few team members too for a bigger game!

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Rematch Saturday!

The CN Winos fell to the NFS Beer Guzzlers in nail biter on Saturday... the tied was turned by striker Jo Sapeur who scored fourgoals. Unfortunately, two of them were for the opponents....

Despite the mid match ejection of a griefer who tried to spoil the game, we all had a great time. I"m sure the write up will be in the CDSF paper.

So we will have a rematch of the Winos and the Guzzlers Sat, Oct. 6, at noon, same location.

I'll send him a note, but I propose we accept the Caledon challenge and begin the world cup on Saturday Oct. 13. Details to be posted soon. (um, anyone who really knows how to play the game should jump in now before your PIO is caught saying "touchdown")

BTW, port down to the soccer court to see some photos!

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

I also support the Caledon challenge. It would be even better if we can increase participation beyond our two communities by eventually having something like a SL world cup with many different teams. All participant communities would benefit from the interaction and publicity.

I have been mulling the idea of sports in SL. It would be good if there were more varieties of sport in SL -- allowing for more teams and different levels of team. This might be the start of that.

With regard to a griefer -- I think that a specially built venue (audience stands built around a field which is a separate lot with access restrictions limited to the then-playing teams and refs) would prevent this problem (even better than in real life). (One draw back -- if done with a ban the banlines would interfere with match viewing.) If the CDS wants to make this a project, I would be willing to set aside part of my Quincentival sim (or some other land) for the project, provided I have the possibility of using the land to earn enough to pay part of my tier (by, for instance, renting stall space for concessions during matches).

Ben Cushman

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Desmond Shang
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Desmond Shang »

I'll stir up some people for uniforms and a team! While you guys go off and form a committee about this, we'll see about just showing up...

Ah, and I have no idea how the SL version is played other than 'get the ball through the sticks' so if there are rules 'splain em soon!

We are comin' for youuuu...

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

# Hm, if you take a goal, you get the kickoff from the middle, both teams return to their half of the field, ball is in game as soon as you touch it.

# The teams *should* be of equal number (most of the time), 3-5 worked well. You may recruit passengers, hehe.

# We played without break and up to 5 points, but we can agree on anything else.

# The ball runs wild if clicked, there is no use to do that, bump into it to play it. Clicking the ball could be considered as a foul.

I will send you a ball, Desmond, and in case you were not invited to come and check the location or have a little training there, i apologize and do it last minute. TP to the field is on the Marketplatz, NFS.

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Are you ready for some Football?

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Hmm, I'm sure Kendra will go for this, too :)

Hail Port Neualtenburg Pirates!

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Return to “Events in CDS”