Guild Meeting log - Oct 7th 2007

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting log - Oct 7th 2007

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:05] You: ok, everyone, let's start
[10:05] You: agenda for today
[10:05] You: 1.info on Alp Meadows
[10:05] You: 2. elections
[10:06] You: 3. Guild's plot in Colonia Nova
[10:06] You: 4. Monastery report
[10:06] You: 5. Schloss report
[10:06] You: point 1
[10:07] You: last RA has decided to upheld a 3rd sim plan that will be sold in its majority
[10:08] You: as opposed to a sim plan that would be supported by the community
[10:08] You: it has also expressed their will that the current proposal hmmm
[10:08] You: let's call it Jon's/Dnate's
[10:08] You: be followed through
[10:09] Jon Seattle: Yes, #2 or 3.
[10:09] You: this means that work should proceed along a philosophy that mixes several sizes of plots
[10:09] Rose Springvale: could you explain please, i'm sorry
[10:09] You: well, Rose
[10:10] You: we asked the RA specifically three questions
[10:10] You: one was that if teh new sim would be for sale or community-supported
[10:10] You: (in which case we would not need to work in parcelling, financial plans, etc)
[10:10] You: RA has decided that the sim would be for sale
[10:11] You: then we asked them to rule the distribution of plots inside the sim
[10:11] You: and the RA has voted that a mix of plot sizes would be the best
[10:11] Rose Springvale: so the double prim plan is out?
[10:12] Jon Seattle: No, double prim would be okay as long as we have a mix of sizes.
[10:12] You: no, teh double prim plan is on
[10:12] You: that was never in discussion, since teh Guild has chosen that as technically advantageous
[10:12] Dnate Mars: like the plans that jon and I had
[10:12] Rose Springvale: i'm sorry, i was too busy to read more plans last week
[10:13] Rose Springvale: please go on, sorry to interrupt
[10:13] Jon Seattle: Yes, Dnate, they specificly liked those ones.
[10:13] You: hi Jon, Sudane and Brian :)
[10:13] Sudane Erato: hi :)... sorry i'm late
[10:13] Arria Perreault: Hi
[10:13] Jon Seattle: Hi Brian, Arria,Job, Brian, sudane, dnate and Rose -- I am still rezzing a bit.
[10:14] You: i expressed at the RA
[10:14] Brian Livingston: Indeed, sorry for the tardiness, was toyign aroudn with the skybox soccer field idea on the guild skybox
[10:15] You: my idea that the current proposals are a refining of the original exp10 proposal
[10:15] You: and the RA has expressed their will that the refining goes on
[10:16] You: so i would like to invite everyone to go and have a look at the last proposals in the forum
[10:16] Dnate Mars: Yes, once the final terrain is laid out, the plots may be moved or changed slightly to fit what we have on the ground
[10:16] You: and if you have further ideas for refining the proposals, please propose
[10:16] You: indeed, and vice-versa too :)
[10:17] Jon Seattle: proposals for refining the ideas :D ?
[10:17] You: whatever, please bear with me because i have a headache so i am not very clear today .)
[10:18] You: at the same time, i think tables on teh proposals can start to be drafted
[10:18] You: so the finantial workgroup can start making their work
[10:19] Jon Seattle: Yes, I agree. I wanted to discuss the shift in population towards the SE in Dnate's version, not because I object, I am just trying to understand the rationalle
[10:20] You: hmmm
[10:20] You: i think Dnate is a bit afk atm
[10:20] Jon Seattle: Ah :) nods
[10:20] Arria Perreault: do you have enough informations to take in account the Monastery in the project?
[10:20] Dnate Mars: Well, I always thought that doing that made sense, people tend to settle in the river valleys
[10:21] Arria Perreault: or should we provide more?
[10:21] You: Arria, there is a plot for the monastery considered in both proposals
[10:21] Arria Perreault: is the size already decided?
[10:21] Jon Seattle: I think so. Both maps we are working with have a 2k m2 plot for the monistary -- do we need to be more detailed?
[10:22] You: 2k m2 double prim
[10:22] Jon Seattle: yes
[10:22] You: so corresponding to 4k
[10:22] Dnate Mars: which should be the right amount for the 1000 or so prims you need
[10:22] Jon Seattle: indeed. I think he monistrary will need the physical space as well.
[10:23] Jon Seattle: (well, lol, virtual space.. )
[10:23] You: but Arria, please check the proposals in the forums
[10:23] Rose Springvale: which way is southeast?
[10:23] Rose Springvale: i'm soryr, trying to cook omelets for teenagers
[10:23] Arria Perreault: ok. maybe we would need a bit space around
[10:23] Sudane Erato: back... sorry
[10:24] Jon Seattle: The Jon/Dnate version is on this page: http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtop ... c&start=30 and there is another one (#2) on the page before it
[10:24] Rose Springvale: can'tyou just tell me? i've got ten webpages already open :(
[10:25] You: hmmm
[10:25] Jon Seattle: Option #2 on this page (at the end)
[10:25] Jon Seattle: http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtop ... c&start=15
[10:25] You: the plots on that wall
[10:25] You: SE is towards NFS
[10:26] Rose Springvale: and how many plots are we looking at?
[10:26] You: btw, Jon or Dnate, i think we'll need a texture of the proposals to add/replace to those over there
[10:26] Dnate Mars: What we have come up with is a mix of plot sizes, everything from 4k doulbe prims to 512 double prims
[10:26] Rose Springvale: how many?
[10:26] Jon Seattle: Sure, I am glad to upload those.
[10:27] Dnate Mars: 2, 4, 4, 8
[10:27] Dnate Mars: 2, 4k, 4 2k, 4 1k, 8 512
[10:28] Rose Springvale: wow
[10:28] Rose Springvale: big change. great :)
[10:28] Alexicon Kurka: hello everybody
[10:28] Jon Seattle: Hi Alex
[10:28] Rose Springvale: hi alex, thanks for joining us
[10:28] Jo Sapeur: hi alex
[10:28] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[10:28] Brian Livingston waves to alex
[10:28] Dnate Mars: 4 of the 512 are backing up to the monestary, so those will be very strictly controlled
[10:29] Rose Springvale: you mean architecturally or use wise or both?
[10:29] You: hello Alex :)
[10:29] Dnate Mars: both
[10:29] Jon Seattle: Yes
[10:29] Dnate Mars: (mind you, this is just how I see it)
[10:30] Rose Springvale: well ,i'll be interested in what you come up with :)
[10:30] Jon Seattle: Well, small areas of houses near monistaries is traditional.. I imagine a nice cobble lane there.
[10:30] Arria Perreault: Hi Alex
[10:31] Alexicon Kurka: :) I will be listening with a lot of interest, I understand ur finalising the design of the new sim
[10:31] Dnate Mars: hopefully we can get the new map uploaded
[10:31] Rose Springvale: we have now missed all the timelines we set for ourselves.. are there new ones?
[10:31] Jon Seattle: I am uploading now ..
[10:31] You: not yet :)
[10:32] You: do you as PIO need a schedule?
[10:32] Rose Springvale: ah, well, lol
[10:32] You: let me guess: it would be handy :)
[10:32] Rose Springvale: i wanted to capitalize on the momentum from oktoberfest... likely there will not be another event of that scale for some time
[10:33] Rose Springvale: i've had lots of inquiries, nothing to tell
[10:33] You: well, atm i think
[10:33] You: that a good aim is for Winter Holidays
[10:33] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:33] Rose Springvale: well
[10:33] You: that gives us two months
[10:33] Rose Springvale: rose won't be too active in sl during winter holidays, but perhaps the guild will be
[10:33] Dnate Mars: Hopefully we can be done way before that!
[10:33] Brian Livingston: /nods
[10:34] You: well, Dnate, hopefully, yes
[10:34] Arria Perreault: for Christmas
[10:34] Dnate Mars: maybe have the "official" grand opening here
[10:34] Arria Perreault: before the holidays
[10:34] You: but i am starting to desist to try and guess how much time the discussions take place :)
[10:34] Dnate Mars: then*
[10:34] Rose Springvale: i'll propose now then that the guild take charge of planning the events associated
[10:35] Rose Springvale: because i do rl for holidays
[10:35] Rose Springvale: brb
[10:35] You decline exp10-modC512 from Jon Seattle.
[10:36] Dnate Mars: was there anything else that needed to be talked about for the AM?
[10:36] Dnate Mars: (like a name???)
[10:37] Jon Seattle: Moon and I are fiddling with textures :)
[10:37] Rose Springvale: i thought Alpine meadows was agreed on
[10:37] Brian Livingston: Sleazy and I were chattign about names last week
[10:37] Brian Livingston: It seems that given there isn't a population center persay
[10:37] You: hmmm, you uploaded it as 32-b tga
[10:38] Brian Livingston: such as a proper city or town, the name should be based on the natural topography, something perhaps derived from an italian region of hillsides of bluffs?
[10:38] Jon Seattle: hmmm.. png
[10:38] You: i like Alpine Meadows
[10:38] Jon Seattle: should I upload as jpg?
[10:38] Alexicon Kurka: it reminds m,e of the north of italy
[10:39] You: well, anything without an alpha channel, it is interfering with the windows behind
[10:39] Dnate Mars: I like that name too
[10:39] Jon Seattle: Ok, uploading jpg :)
[10:40] Rose Springvale: can we move on? i hae a lot to do before the ball :)
[10:40] You: yes
[10:40] You: ok guys
[10:40] You: point 2. Elections
[10:40] Brian Livingston: I have nothign against the name, but there is no harm in discussing alternatives, no? Either way, I'll take thsi to the forums for discussion to get this back on track :)
[10:40] Dnate Mars: k
[10:40] Rose Springvale: i hate the forum
[10:40] Brian Livingston: (or probably nto knowing my track record on starting forum threads)
[10:40] You: as we have decided last meeting
[10:41] You: the two elections will take place at the same time
[10:41] Rose Springvale: no matter what the issue is, they forum always overrides in world
[10:41] You decline exp10-modD512 from Jon Seattle.
[10:41] You: while the election for Secretary is easy
[10:41] Jon Seattle: Sent
[10:41] You: seeing everyone in teh board, that is, the overall meeting votes
[10:41] You: there is an expected complication about Faculty chair election
[10:42] You: as per our charter, only faculty should vote
[10:42] You: but the issue is
[10:42] Dnate Mars: Is anyone even running for the chair?
[10:42] You: that faculty demands a time commitment per quarter
[10:43] You: so atm, i must confess that i am at a loss on this
[10:43] You: and would like to hear your opinion
[10:43] You: not yet, i would ask also for runners to both roles to declare their intentions to run
[10:43] Dnate Mars: We need to overhaul the way the faculty is done
[10:43] Jon Seattle: Well, if either there needs to be a faculty vote, or a guild-wide one.
[10:44] Dnate Mars: we still don't even have rules in place for how we would admit new members to the faculty
[10:44] Jon Seattle: That was done the first time by a vote of the faculty actually
[10:45] Jon Seattle: The problem was more than they never met beyond that first meeting.
[10:45] Dnate Mars: The guild selected the first round of members, but after that the faculty was supposed to come up with their own ways of selecting new people
[10:46] You: well, now you see my troubles :)
[10:46] Dnate Mars: not true! I held 2 meetings... that no one showed up to....
[10:46] You: how are we going to solve this?
[10:46] Jon Seattle: we had several combined meetings actually
[10:46] Rose Springvale: may i ask
[10:46] You: yes?
[10:47] Rose Springvale: given the number of people involved, why we need a separate faculty, and what that does?
[10:47] Rose Springvale: seems to only add another layer of bureaucracy
[10:47] Dnate Mars: It is supposed to be incharge of getting classes and other educational event up and running...
[10:47] Jon Seattle: The faculty are the master builders and designers. The goal is to have some way or organizing people with well-developed skills who can also mentor others.
[10:48] Jon Seattle: Well, not classes really
[10:48] Rose Springvale: well, no offense, but i've been here sinc april in the guild
[10:48] Jon Seattle: Most of the education is "on the job" as it should be
[10:48] Rose Springvale: and haven't seen any of that
[10:48] Dnate Mars: Yes, classes fall under this catagory
[10:48] Rose Springvale: arrias t shirt class i guess
[10:48] Dnate Mars: I know Rose, I have failed in that task...
[10:48] Jon Seattle: More than that -- actual building projects
[10:49] Arria Perreault: yes, it is the best opportunity to learb
[10:49] Arria Perreault: learn
[10:49] Jon Seattle: Yes, it is :)
[10:50] Alexicon Kurka: why not organise the education on the job and communicating as such, if that is the common practice
[10:50] Jon Seattle: Well, according to the charter the faculty, not the administrative board, it supposed to organize actual projects
[10:50] Jon Seattle: As we have been in these meetings
[10:51] Rose Springvale: but the only project being supported is the monastery right now, and it's an ngo
[10:51] Jon Seattle: So with no faculty, we have no project management
[10:51] Jon Seattle: No, the Monistary building is a guild project. The management will be NGO when that is organized
[10:52] Dnate Mars: I hate to have to do this, but I have to run. I will just catch up with the chat log later
[10:52] Jon Seattle: Its an important distiction
[10:52] Rose Springvale: and one not clear to me when made i guess
[10:52] Arria Perreault: this is right
[10:52] Rose Springvale: i thought the guild was jut helping build
[10:52] Rose Springvale: w/e
[10:52] Jon Seattle: No, the Guild is designing and building.
[10:52] Rose Springvale: i see
[10:53] Arria Perreault: the NGO for the management is "under construction" now
[10:53] Dnate Mars: The guild is doing the build, and then turning it over to the NGO
[10:53] Arria Perreault: but the Monastery is almost finished
[10:53] Rose Springvale: i wasn't aware of that
[10:54] Jon Seattle: Other planning projects also count. Its not just prims of course. Planning is very much a part of the job.
[10:54] Arria Perreault: I must say that this project is a great opportunity to learn and share experience, knowledge
[10:54] You: the monastery team asked that the monastery be considered as guild project too
[10:54] Arria Perreault: right
[10:54] You: and we have so voted at some last meeting
[10:54] Rose Springvale: but it was well underway when that was requested
[10:54] Rose Springvale: i was here
[10:54] You: guys, i am sorry
[10:54] You: monastery to be discussed later on
[10:55] You: how are we going to solve the lection thing, suggestions? :)
[10:55] Arria Perreault: we have to know first who are the members of the faculty
[10:55] Rose Springvale: i move we eliminate the distinction between faculty and admin board
[10:55] Jon Seattle: As I understand it, Rose is now proposing that we eliminate the faculty.
[10:55] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:55] Rose Springvale: it feels secretive and in accesible
[10:56] Jon Seattle: I think it a very poor idea. The faculty has never been secretive
[10:56] Rose Springvale: who is the faculty jon?
[10:56] Jon Seattle: We have always been at these meetings helping people
[10:56] Rose Springvale: who is the faculty?
[10:56] Rose Springvale: i only know dnate is chair
[10:56] Jon Seattle: Dnate, Moon, Arria, Sudane
[10:56] Rose Springvale: how did they become so?
[10:56] Jon Seattle: FR (though I have not seen him at meetings)
[10:57] Jon Seattle: we had a vote early on.
[10:57] Rose Springvale: was there a test?
[10:57] Rose Springvale: ah
[10:57] Rose Springvale: we dont' have faculty reports at meetings
[10:57] Jon Seattle: The faculty is supposed to design its own test
[10:57] Jon Seattle: Yes, we do. In practice all faculty meetings have been the same as the board meetings.
[10:57] Jon Seattle: And that is not at all a bad idea.
[10:58] Rose Springvale: so .. lol why have a separate designation
[10:58] Arria Perreault: well we cannot decide to suppress now the Faculty, because it changes our charter
[10:58] Rose Springvale: we can change our charter
[10:58] Arria Perreault: we have to discuss it before
[10:58] Rose Springvale: i have moved we do sot
[10:58] Rose Springvale: we are:)
[10:58] Jon Seattle: Rose, because some people have the skills and also the wllingness to mentor others
[10:58] Rose Springvale: b ut jon, they don't
[10:58] Jon Seattle: Rose, we cannot without RA approval
[10:58] Rose Springvale: they haven't at leat
[10:59] You: mind that to change our charter, we will need to ask it to be reconfirmed at RA. We can change it, but it needs to be reconfirmed
[10:59] Rose Springvale: then i ask that my motion be called and the matter be addressed
[10:59] Jon Seattle: So, Rose, are you proposing that we bring this to the RA?
[10:59] Jon Seattle: Does anyone second her motion?
[10:59] Rose Springvale: if it is voted down, then the faculty shoudl meet independent and come back with a proposal
[10:59] You: what is Rose's motion, sorry?
[10:59] Rose Springvale: for their internal working. not fair to take our time with it
[11:00] Jon Seattle: Rose proposes that we alter the charter to eliminate the faculty
[11:00] Rose Springvale: wait
[11:00] Rose Springvale: scroll up
[11:00] Rose Springvale: my motion is NOT to eliminate faculty
[11:00] Rose Springvale: but eliminate a distinction between faculty and board
[11:00] Rose Springvale: because what in effect happens is that the "faculty" counts more than other people
[11:01] Rose Springvale: even though we dont' see it because it is not distinct
[11:01] Jon Seattle: Rose, only for specified decisions that are layed out in the charter
[11:01] Rose Springvale: if the faculty is separate, i think it shold be separate
[11:01] Jon Seattle: I disagree on both counts
[11:01] Rose Springvale: i've technically met the requirements for faculty membership
[11:01] Arria Perreault: the chair has to organize separate meetings
[11:01] Rose Springvale: howeer there is no suggestion taht i ama faculty member, nor do i wish to be
[11:02] Jon Seattle: Moon, if no one will second Rose's proposal, I suggest we move on.
[11:02] Rose Springvale: thanks jon. :)
[11:02] You: does anyone second Rose's motion?
[11:03] Rose Springvale: i move that the faculty then be asked to make a proposal to bring to this meeting
[11:03] Rose Springvale: if we are distinct, i dont want to ge in their busienss
[11:03] You: hmmm
[11:03] Rose Springvale: and i don't want you to waste my time as a guild member on things i'm not allowed to vote on
[11:03] You: proposal on what?
[11:03] Jo Sapeur: well, I think I can second that
[11:03] You: sorry, i am really slow today
[11:03] Jon Seattle: Proposal for what?
[11:04] Rose Springvale: on elections i believe is the topic under discussion
[11:04] You: yes, but can we concretize it a bit better?
[11:04] Rose Springvale: i'm sure jon can
[11:04] Rose Springvale: i'll wait to hear
[11:05] You: i mean, is it something like : The faculty must propose definite terms for admission and must deliver a list of faculty memebers by next RA meeting?
[11:05] Jon Seattle: Jon is just an ordinary guild member by the way.
[11:05] You: Guild*
[11:05] You: sorry
[11:05] Rose Springvale: and a member of the faculty yes?
[11:05] Jon Seattle: Rose, no
[11:05] You: is that something like that?
[11:06] Rose Springvale: sorry, my mistake
[11:06] Jon Seattle: Moon, I like that idea
[11:06] Rose Springvale: i just want them to do something if they are going to exist
[11:06] You: well, that's what i am trying to do too
[11:06] You: propose the faculty what they should really answer
[11:06] You: so that we can move to vote
[11:08] Rose Springvale: i guess there is a motion on the floor?
[11:08] Rose Springvale: with a second
[11:08] You: yes, there is
[11:08] You: what i am asking is
[11:08] Jon Seattle: Can you read off the motion rose?
[11:08] You: do you agree with my proposal to what teh faculty should discuss?
[11:08] Jon Seattle: It sounded very vague. Moon's fomulation was much clearer.
[11:08] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:08] Rose Springvale: then moons is the one on the floor, as it has been seconded.
[11:08] Rose Springvale: i call the vote
[11:09] Jon Seattle: Rose, Moon in the chair here :D
[11:09] You: ok, everyone agreeing with the motion vote aye
[11:09] Rose Springvale: aye
[11:09] Jo Sapeur: aye
[11:09] You: aye
[11:09] Sudane Erato: The faculty must propose definite terms for admission and must deliver a list of faculty memebers by next RA meeting?
[11:09] Jon Seattle: Moon said "The faculty must propose definite terms for admission and must deliver a list of faculty memebers by next RA meeting?" on that I vote aye
[11:09] Arria Perreault: aye
[11:09] You: yes
[11:09] Sudane Erato: Yes
[11:09] Brian Livingston: aye
[11:10] You: ok, motion passed, i'll tell this to Dnate as Chair
[11:10] Rose Springvale: can we move to the discussion of the guild lot next please?
[11:10] You: yes
[11:10] You: ok
[11:10] You: as everyone knows
[11:11] You: the guild has a lot in Colonia Nova
[11:11] You: this lot has been sponsored by an anonymous spnsor, who has offered it to teh Guild
[11:11] Jon Seattle: Do we need the space?
[11:11] You: with the intention to preserve landscape and connections to the third sim
[11:11] You: that's what we will discuss now
[11:12] You: the proposals so far for Alp Meadows don't need that space for connection
[11:12] You: for the moment, i authorised Sleazy to use it as a sandbox, seeing he is building fachwerks, which is something taht will benefit the NFS community
[11:12] You: the plot size is hmmm
[11:13] Jon Seattle: Can I assume (I am not proposing this..) that is we decide to give it up the Guild would sell it and the proceeds would go to the Guild's account?
[11:13] You: bah, only have the prims, but here it goes
[11:13] You: Parcel at Colonia Nova - 468 objects
[11:13] You: so this means it is around 2 k m2
[11:13] Brian Livingston: It's about 1800 meters sq I think?
[11:13] Jon Seattle nods
[11:13] Rose Springvale: do you remember alex?
[11:14] Alexicon Kurka: I though it was 2k
[11:14] Rose Springvale: k
[11:14] You: so my question is
[11:14] Alexicon Kurka: but i remeber the prims better than sqm
[11:14] Alexicon Kurka: :)
[11:14] You: do we need it?
[11:14] You: will we keep it?
[11:14] You: mind also that
[11:14] You: there are people interested in acquiring teh plot
[11:15] You: its presupposed use won't be needed after all
[11:15] You: and also, that the school is authorized to have two skyboxes
[11:15] Jon Seattle: Ah, who is interesting is buying it?
[11:15] Rose Springvale: alex :)
[11:15] Rose Springvale: for one
[11:15] You: i dunno, but i was told that there was a prospective buyer
[11:15] You: ah, ok :)
[11:15] Rose Springvale: I'd like to introduce you all to Alex..
[11:16] Rose Springvale: he is the animator of the polka for oktoberfres
[11:16] Alexicon Kurka: well then i'll become a citizen after all
[11:16] You: indeed :)
[11:16] Rose Springvale: as we have worked to find him a place to sell his goods,
[11:16] You: very good work done there :))
[11:16] Rose Springvale: ti's been aparent that he needs more prims for his specialty than are available at any other plot for sale
[11:16] Alexicon Kurka: :))
[11:16] Rose Springvale: the plot in CN is zoned to allow commercial, and skybox as we know
[11:17] You: i would only ask Sudane one thing
[11:17] Rose Springvale: and has sufficient prims to support wha the does
[11:17] Rose Springvale: ant that is why i've proposed we sell
[11:17] You: what is the status of teh school's skyboxes?
[11:17] Sudane Erato: the status?
[11:17] Arria Perreault: is the small prim plot near the bridge still available?
[11:17] You: cureently, they're classrooms, but could we turn one into a sandbox?
[11:17] Jon Seattle: Do we have other options also for sandboxes if we give it up?
[11:17] Sudane Erato: oh... sure!
[11:17] You: that's what i am trying to gather
[11:17] Rose Springvale: well jon, there is a new sim
[11:18] Sudane Erato: i'm not sure what the issue would be, to do that
[11:18] Rose Springvale: if the guild wants a sandbox, my feeling is that we should pursue it
[11:18] Jon Seattle: Well, how many prims are avaiable here though?
[11:18] You: that's another thing
[11:18] You: the school uses two plots
[11:18] Sudane Erato: this parcel takes prims from the city prim bank
[11:18] You: but also NFS prim pool, i think
[11:18] Sudane Erato: *these parcels*
[11:18] Jon Seattle: A sand box should have a few hundred I would thik.. at least two hundred
[11:19] Sudane Erato: NFS is not a good place for a snadbox
[11:19] Sudane Erato: prims are very tight here
[11:19] Rose Springvale: the new sim is a logical place though
[11:19] Rose Springvale: with double prim especially
[11:19] You: but it could be used as a resource andbox till we secure some place in teh new sim?
[11:20] Sudane Erato: well... sure
[11:20] Rose Springvale: sudane
[11:20] Rose Springvale: what is the public prim situation in CN?
[11:20] Sudane Erato: but, at this moment... there are 282 prims available
[11:20] Jon Seattle: Rose, the prims in the new sim do have to be sold to someone, even if it is the guild of course.
[11:20] Sudane Erato: thats insufficient
[11:20] Rose Springvale: lol oktoberfest will go down tonight
[11:20] Brian Livingston: Then again, usign a new sim plot as a sandbox takes it out of availability for sale, and sandboxes need space as mucha s the prims
[11:21] Rose Springvale: yes jon, but with the money the guild would reciever from the sale of the lot, it could do so
[11:21] Rose Springvale: the lot does belong to the guild
[11:21] You: well, the Guild would have to buy it in all case
[11:21] Rose Springvale: so all proceeds would go to it
[11:21] Rose Springvale: and
[11:21] Buddha Zhora: hi
[11:21] Brian Livingston: So you'd be taking one ofthe larger lots off the market and likely pay a higher tier as well
[11:21] You: hello Buddha
[11:21] Rose Springvale: we take a lot that was not meant to be vacant' and put it back into use
[11:21] Rose Springvale: it has only had one resident
[11:21] Rose Springvale: it's lonely in CN!
[11:21] Buddha Zhora: what are we doing?
[11:22] Arria Perreault: Hi Buddha
[11:22] You: this is a CDS (this community) New Guild meeting
[11:22] Buddha Zhora: oo cann i be in it?
[11:22] You: for builders and other artisans
[11:22] You: you can attend :)
[11:22] Buddha Zhora: im a pretty good builder but idk what artisian is
[11:23] You: in all cases, Brian
[11:23] Jon Seattle: Well, a good builder is the main thing :) Are you willing to put time into public projects?
[11:23] Buddha Zhora: sure like what
[11:23] Rose Springvale: buddha, can we tell you details after the meeting?
[11:23] Buddha Zhora: ok sorry
[11:23] You: yes, please
[11:23] Rose Springvale: you might not want to know later :)
[11:23] Buddha Zhora: please continue
[11:24] You: a guild plot can not be very large
[11:24] You: if a skybox is allowed
[11:24] You: but
[11:24] You: we are going to have issues with skyboxes in Alp Meadows
[11:24] You: if we keep the 512 m high rule
[11:25] You: because the higher plots will start being very close to the 700 m high
[11:25] Sudane Erato: i find 700 works fine
[11:25] Rose Springvale: yes, mine is at 700. no issues
[11:25] You: hmm,, you shoul dstart to have some issues at 700 m :)
[11:26] Sudane Erato: well... 650 should be safe
[11:26] Rose Springvale: ours has been at 713 m for almost a year with no problems, for what it's worth
[11:26] You: in any case
[11:27] You: let me resume
[11:27] You: the idea would be
[11:27] You: to either keep the CN plot
[11:27] You: or to sell it, use the money for acquiring a 1000 plot or so in Alp Meadows
[11:28] You: and in meanwhile, use a classroom here as temp sandbox
[11:28] Rose Springvale: the use of eht money isn't part of the present motion as i see it... we haven't had a sandbox before this lot
[11:28] You: any other suggestion?
[11:28] Rose Springvale: so clearly we function without them
[11:28] Rose Springvale: if the guild wants to buy land, it will have funds
[11:28] Arria Perreault: a sanbbox is a good idea
[11:28] You: yes, but for instance Monastery has had to be built in friendly terrain
[11:28] Rose Springvale: but that is another issue
[11:28] Brian Livingston: It is a nice feature for builders
[11:28] Sudane Erato: well, Dianne used to use the space under the Platz for a sandbox
[11:28] Rose Springvale: and should be addressed by the guild as anissue
[11:29] Arria Perreault: many people use the theater of CN as sandbox
[11:29] You: it wouldn't fit the CN plot, but it's a bit the principle of the thing
[11:29] You: Sudane, i think a sandbox is better up in the sky than interred
[11:29] You: camera issues
[11:30] Sudane Erato: yes, i agree
[11:30] Jon Seattle: Yes, I agree with Moon on that
[11:30] Sudane Erato: only to indicate that the sandbox function has been used here
[11:30] Sudane Erato: although... not thrilled with that
[11:30] Sudane Erato: cause of the prim shortage
[11:30] Rose Springvale: i think if we have a sandbox
[11:30] Rose Springvale: we need to address use as well
[11:31] Rose Springvale: is it public?
[11:31] You: yes, i totally agree
[11:31] Rose Springvale: is it available for privat projects of guild members?
[11:31] You: i would say no, reserved to guild members
[11:31] You: but i am willing to vote that
[11:31] You: so how should we organize the discussion here?
[11:31] Rose Springvale: and i'd suggest it should be only public projects, but that's not really the question today
[11:31] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:32] You: shall we vote in keeping the CN plot or moving teh sandbox temp to NFS?
[11:32] Rose Springvale: moon, my motion is that we sell the current lot, and then discuss later what the guild needs are
[11:32] You: ok
[11:32] You: anyone second that?
[11:32] Sudane Erato: i second
[11:32] You: ok
[11:32] You: so teh vote is hmmm
[11:33] You: If you agree to sell the CN plot, and discuss next meeting what are the Guild's needs in terms of a sandbox, also considering that the Guild can use temporarily the classrooms at school, vote aye
[11:33] Arria Perreault: aye
[11:34] Rose Springvale: aye
[11:34] Sudane Erato: aye
[11:34] Jon Seattle: abstain
[11:34] Jo Sapeur: I abstain
[11:34] You: more votes?
[11:34] Brian Livingston: abstain
[11:34] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:35] You: i vote aye
[11:35] You: passed
[11:35] Alexicon Kurka: :)
[11:35] Rose Springvale: as for pricing, shall we let the treasurer set ?
[11:35] Jon Seattle: Who will set the price of the plot?
[11:36] Sudane Erato: there is a "city price"
[11:36] You: i'll organize the transfer of the stuff there with Sleazy and the selling with Sudane
[11:36] Rose Springvale: the acquisition price was not fair i don't think
[11:36] Jon Seattle: Is the city place less than market?
[11:36] Jon Seattle: *price
[11:36] Rose Springvale: so i'd like to see it in line with other sales
[11:36] Sudane Erato: there is no "market"
[11:36] Rose Springvale: how about we go back to the original price?
[11:37] Brian Livingston: Isn't the city price the base price per meter everyone pays for land of that typ?
[11:37] Sudane Erato: thats what i mean by "city price"
[11:37] Arria Perreault: I am very happy to have you as a CDS citizen in the near future, Alex
[11:37] Alexicon Kurka: ty u all
[11:37] Sudane Erato: yes... its what the land was originally bought for
[11:37] Sudane Erato: *sold for*
[11:37] Rose Springvale: that seems fair yes?
[11:37] You: ehehe don't thank meyet, i may try to extract all your money still :)
[11:37] Arria Perreault: Alex has made wonderful ancient greek instruments
[11:37] Jon Seattle: Okay, as long as its not a deep discount.
[11:38] Arria Perreault: do you intend to open a shop in CN?
[11:38] Alexicon Kurka: yes
[11:38] Brian Livingston: $100 million Lindens!
[11:38] Brian Livingston: Hehe
[11:38] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:38] Alexicon Kurka: hehe
[11:38] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:38] Rose Springvale: are you carolyn?? :0
[11:38] You: something in that range, yes, Brian :)
[11:38] Brian Livingston: I never got the hang of effective pricing... :p
[11:38] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:38] Rose Springvale: it should be in the range of 25k i think
[11:38] Rose Springvale: if i remember what my lots were purchased for
[11:39] Rose Springvale: yikes. we are going to hae a ery quiet ball if i dont' go check the stream
[11:40] Rose Springvale: sorry
[11:40] Rose Springvale: have to run
[11:40] Rose Springvale: i'll be back if it works
[11:40] Sudane Erato: there is an RA mtg in 20 min
[11:40] You: yes
[11:40] Brian Livingston: Yes, we should probably wrap things up soon as the RA meeting is in 20 minutes?
[11:40] Sudane Erato: so I will have to run too
[11:40] You: i'll just hear the reports on monastery and schloss
[11:40] You: Arria, please
[11:41] Arria Perreault: We are are working on details now
[11:41] Brian Livingston: Arria, do you have a landmark for the Monestary? I would love to see it
[11:41] Arria Perreault: we are ready to buy the plot too
[11:41] Arria Perreault: yes, i will you the LM
[11:42] Brian Livingston: Thanks
[11:42] Arria Perreault: it will be a big job to move all the building
[11:43] Arria Perreault: i have started to think a possible exhbition for the opening time
[11:43] Arria Perreault: and I have created a group for the NGO: Virtus
[11:44] Arria Perreault: we will have to discuss the charter
[11:44] You: ok
[11:45] Arria Perreault: and the donations during the oktoberfest with dresses and hats, and Sleazly beer'glasses were good
[11:45] You: that's great to hear :)
[11:46] You: we should consider having a shop at this space so that Guild items could be sold
[11:46] Arria Perreault: if you have any question, i will away for one week, even the sunday
[11:46] Arria Perreault: in the Monastery?
[11:46] You: also things like your dress and hat, so that you could still be gathering donations untill you can have a proper tipbox at the building
[11:46] Arria Perreault: you mean here?
[11:47] You: yes
[11:47] You: but i think that will need to be discussed next week
[11:47] Arria Perreault: ok, it will be good
[11:47] You: as we are within 10 minute sof RA
[11:47] Jon Seattle: I had better go for a little bit. Great to hear about progress on the monastery :)
[11:47] Arria Perreault: ty
[11:47] Jon Seattle: Thanks and see you later
[11:47] Rose Springvale: all finished?
[11:47] You: Rose, what time is the ball, btw?
[11:48] Rose Springvale: 2- 5.. was hoping to allow time for all meetings
[11:48] Sudane Erato: its at 2 PM SLT
[11:48] Brian Livingston: ty arria :)
[11:48] You: i am not sure if i can be there, i have a lot of stuff to do today still
[11:48] Arria Perreault: you're welcome
[11:48] Jo Sapeur: same here
[11:48] Arria Perreault: all feebback are welcome
[11:48] Rose Springvale: well, i hope you got to go to some of the festival
[11:48] Brian Livingston: I must run too for a few minutes
[11:48] Rose Springvale: i'll take it all down tonight
[11:48] Brian Livingston: See you lal later
[11:49] Arria Perreault: we are a great team of builders
[11:49] Jo Sapeur: and it's from 11pm til 4am for me
[11:49] Rose Springvale: sorry jo
[11:49] Alexicon Kurka: how often is the guild gathering?
[11:49] Rose Springvale: the meetings made it hard to schedule
[11:49] You: Alex, every sunday, here, at 10 AM SLT
[11:49] Rose Springvale: someone interpret that time to dutch time for him lol
[11:49] You: aaah,
[11:50] Rose Springvale: i keep giving him the wrong day lol
[11:50] You: your 7PM
[11:50] Alexicon Kurka: do I wrap up the plot with Rose further?
[11:50] Rose Springvale: sudane actually :)
[11:50] Alexicon Kurka: well 19:00
[11:50] You: no, with Sudane
[11:50] You have offered friendship to Alexicon Kurka
[11:50] Rose Springvale: and rose will finally get to resign a group :)
[11:50] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:50] Sudane Erato: brb
[11:50] Rose Springvale: looking forward to haveing you as a neighbor Alex
[11:51] Alexicon Kurka: me too
[11:51] You: ok guys, adjourn?

User avatar
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 630
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by Arria Perreault »

As I am in holidays now :wink: and without any broadband access, I will not be able to attend the meeting of the New Guild October the 14th.

User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Moon Adamant »

That's ok Arria! Have a lovely holiday! :)

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”