Metanomics, and other events...

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Metanomics, and other events...

Post by Rose Springvale »

1. Metanomics is sponsoring a series of lectures/ interviews on economic issues relevant to virtual worlds. On Monday, thanks to the efforts of Draxtor Despres, CDS partnered with the Metanomics group to present a concurrent presentation on Virtual World Taxation via live media feed in the Colonia Nova Amphitheater. Even with very last minute notice, we had about 15 people present for the presentation and discussion that I hosted afterwards. There were still people chatting in the amphitheater three hours later.

We've been asked to be a regular partner with the group, for lectures that will primarily occur on Mondays at 11 am slt. We also have access to the taped show, which can be replayed if we wish... perhaps at a time more user friendly for US audiences. The events beceom "our" events... we can host discussions or before and after parties.. whatever we wish. Metanomics had serious overload issues (crashed sim) when they tried to host the event on only their island, so they are providing the content at no charge to us... other than the display of sponsor images. They will also include our logo as an event partner.

I"ll post details of the next lecture as soon as i have them. Thanks to Moon, Sudane and Drax for your timely assistance on Monday.

If there is interest in replays, please let me know, and include a suggested time. The information on Monday was directed to U.S.
taxation; I understand there will be international presentations in the future.

2. In the Emporium Romani: ChelseaMarie Noel sings tonight at 7 slt ; Kelvinblue Oh sings at 6 tomorrow. We'll have a halloween party next Wednesday, so get your costumes ready.

3. There is a rumor that the catacombs in CN may be haunted. Stay tuned.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Metanomics, and other events...

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

This is really excellent news Rose. I was excited to see that the Metanomics feed was coming to the CN ampitheatre but couldn't make it on that occasion. I've been to one of their events before but the lag was horrendous so having these partner events around the grid makes a lot of sense. I think it also reflects well on us that we are seen as a natural partner for this kind of event and I think that is well-deserved; we have a 'civic-minded' citizenry who would be part of the target audience for this kind of event. I hope I'll be able to get to some of them in future and join in the discussion, it sounds really interesting.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Events in CDS”