Guild Meeting Log - 28th Oct 2007

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting Log - 28th Oct 2007

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:18] You: hi all :)
[10:18] Sudane Erato: oops... Moon is here
[10:18] Brian Livingston: Err, ISabella
[10:18] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[10:18] Sleazy Writer: Isabel, *perfect* fora franchulate!
[10:18] Brian Livingston: I used to own land in Isabel
[10:18] Sudane Erato: meeting time!
[10:18] Sleazy Writer: Fran-chu-late FEVAH!
[10:18] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Moon
[10:18] Sleazy Writer: ooh yeah
[10:19] You: and sorry, we changed to winter hour today and i only noticed now :)
[10:19] Brian Livingston: Now I've moved up a few conseents
[10:19] Sudane Erato: haha
[10:19] Brian Livingston: Wait.... when si that in NAmerica?
[10:19] You: that's what i'd like to know as well, if anyone can help
[10:19] Brian Livingston: First sunday of November
[10:19] Sleazy Writer: Evening Moon
[10:19] Sudane Erato: oh... next weekend
[10:20] Sleazy Writer: Can I add 3 things to the NG agenda?
[10:20] Sudane Erato: 3! now
[10:20] You: hmmm, wasn't the US going to adjust hour changes?
[10:20] Sudane Erato: it was 2 before
[10:20] You: sure, i still have to think what teh agenda is :)
[10:20] Sudane Erato: we didn't adjust today
[10:21] Sudane Erato: hehe... neat seat Brian :)
[10:21] Sleazy Writer: ah, maybe I should just start with MY agenda then .. #1 = can I rez Qarl Linden's turtle?
[10:21] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:21] Brian Livingston: His Turtle?
[10:21] You: sure
[10:21] Sleazy Writer: ahhhh, look at him!
[10:22] Sudane Erato: holy s____!
[10:22] Brian Livingston: Geesh
[10:22] Sleazy Writer: look at those shadows on his head!
[10:22] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehe
[10:22] Sudane Erato: he'll scare the gargoyles!!
[10:22] Brian Livingston mumbles "Bet I could take him in a fight..."
[10:22] Sleazy Writer: :-)
[10:22] Sudane Erato: haha
[10:22] Sleazy Writer: Who wants to have him?
[10:23] Sudane Erato: no thx :)
[10:23] Brian Livingston: seriously though, that's pretty friggin cool and impressive to boot
[10:23] Tanoujin Milestone: how many prims?
[10:23] Sudane Erato: how many prims? :)
[10:23] Brian Livingston: 18
[10:23] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[10:23] Sleazy Writer: yeah, but Qarl is the dude who *invented* the sculpties .. :-) So he *should* be good
[10:23] Brian Livingston: WHere'd you come across that?
[10:23] You: well, yes
[10:23] Sudane Erato: i thought LL invented them! :)
[10:23] You: and as he has Maya, he can make a good texture baking
[10:24] Sleazy Writer: In Qarl's sim "Q", up in the sky is a maze, with some "windows", and there are some freebies there
[10:24] Sleazy Writer: M > exactly ..
[10:24] Sleazy Writer: My agenda item #2 is : Can I rez Qarl's ANT?
[10:24] Sudane Erato: haha
[10:24] Brian Livingston: Aww geesh
[10:24] You: lol
[10:24] You: go on...
[10:24] Sleazy Writer: lo & behold!
[10:24] Sudane Erato: show and tell with Sleazy!
[10:25] Brian Livingston: I have the feelign this is leading toa proposal for an invasion of ants around Neufreistadt anda turtle invasion of CN
[10:25] Sudane Erato: better not!
[10:25] Brian Livingston: It would be entertaining :p
[10:25] Sudane Erato: maybe in the catacombs
[10:25] Sleazy Writer: Use your camera to zoom and turn and *marvel*!
[10:25] You: takes a bit to load fully
[10:25] Tanoujin Milestone: still rezzing...
[10:25] Sleazy Writer: one friggin' big halloween ant
[10:25] Tanoujin Milestone: ohhhh, looks hungry
[10:25] Brian Livingston: Errr....
[10:25] Brian Livingston: lol
[10:25] Sudane Erato: does it move?
[10:26] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:26] Sleazy Writer: sorry
[10:26] Sleazy Writer: I aimed at Tan
[10:26] Sudane Erato: won't scare me!
[10:26] Sleazy Writer: Who wants one?
[10:26] Sudane Erato: no thx :)
[10:26] Brian Livingston: Hehe, I don't ahve 75 prims to use up
[10:27] Sleazy Writer: heheh, just for the inventory
[10:27] Sudane Erato: thats a lot
[10:27] Sleazy Writer: to remind yourself what you can do with the sculpties
[10:27] Sleazy Writer: apparently Maya has an exporter that exports whole 'scenes', not just 1 shape
[10:27] Tanoujin Milestone: hm, i have to convince my boss we need maya
[10:27] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:27] Sudane Erato: its a lot of $$
[10:28] Sleazy Writer: Okay Moon .. my only remaining item is: discussing the ground-textures for the 3rd sim
[10:28] You: ok
[10:28] Sleazy Writer shuts up now and listens to Moon
[10:28] You: thanks for teh texture you sent , btw
[10:29] Sudane Erato: hi Jon :)
[10:29] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Jon :)
[10:29] Sleazy Writer: hey Jon :)
[10:29] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[10:29] Jon Seattle hugs Moon
[10:29] You: let me rez the texture, just a sec
[10:29] Jon Seattle: Hi Tan, Sleazey, Brian, Sudane
[10:29] Brian Livingston waves to Jon
[10:30] Sleazy Writer: It's just a picture that shows which textures are bordering the 3rd sim .. what color etc and where they are
[10:30] Sudane Erato: i think we will have to unify the texs
[10:31] Sudane Erato: across all 3 sims
[10:31] You: most possibly, i agree
[10:31] Sudane Erato: its extremely difficult to get a perfect match
[10:31] Sudane Erato: if you do not
[10:31] Sudane Erato: (I've tried)
[10:31] Sleazy Writer: Moon, can you sell the object to me? I have one schematic that has some additional info
[10:31] You: perhaps we should study the terrain textures in an overall way?
[10:32] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:32] You: just a sec
[10:32] Sudane Erato: if you look closely
[10:32] Sudane Erato: they are quite parallel
[10:32] You: ok, sleazy, buy
[10:32] Sudane Erato: as the note says...
[10:32] Sudane Erato: the left hand tex on NFS
[10:32] Sudane Erato: is essentally not used
[10:33] Sleazy Writer: Okay, I've pasted Jon's height & parcel map into it
[10:33] Sudane Erato: so the left nad tex from CN could replace it
[10:33] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, ic, Sudane
[10:33] You: what i meant is
[10:33] You: that maybe we should consider a texture set from 20 m to the 200 m
[10:33] You: see what i mean?
[10:34] You: actually, two - one for winter and another for summer
[10:34] Sleazy Writer: The *grey* boxes on this picture are the places where a *rock* texture woudl be suitable, .. a rock texture identical to those in NFS & CN
[10:34] Sleazy Writer: The area in between could be filled by 2 grass textures
[10:34] Sudane Erato: i don't follow that Sleaze
[10:35] Sleazy Writer: Interesting point you're making Sudane ... so the beige color from CN could be used in NFS ... or that grey-ish green texture from CN could be used in NFS
[10:35] Sudane Erato: well... we do need the sandiness in CN
[10:35] Sudane Erato: i think thats definite
[10:36] You: let me look at something
[10:36] Sleazy Writer: S > Well I've added Jon's map to this picture ... some plots are the top and bottom have grey boxes (zoom in) ... those are the areas that should probalby have a rock texture .. Just to get an idea
[10:36] Sudane Erato: Sleaze, keep in mind the way the texs work
[10:36] Sudane Erato: the numbers there are only means
[10:37] Sudane Erato: any given texture could be over most of the sim
[10:37] Sleazy Writer: S > But arent the heights indications of where they occur the most?
[10:37] Jon Seattle: yes, good point
[10:37] Sudane Erato: "the most", yes
[10:37] Jon Seattle: Its always a mix
[10:37] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:37] You: guys, sorry
[10:37] Sleazy Writer: okay .. So if you want a smooth transition, then you probably still need to put those rock textures where I put them on this picture ..
[10:37] You: if you make an overall grade
[10:38] You: throughout teh territory
[10:38] You: you can have the sandiness at 20 m in all sims
[10:38] You: and the rockyness at 180 m in all sims
[10:38] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:38] You: see what i mean?
[10:38] Sudane Erato: exactly
[10:38] Sleazy Writer: as a matter of fact I don't like both :-)
[10:38] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:38] You: well, that's another issue: you can upload better terrain textures
[10:39] Sleazy Writer: (they're not bad but not great either)
[10:39] You: have a look at these, tehy're free:
[10:39] You: http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/ter ... /index.htm
[10:39] Sleazy Writer: thanks!
[10:39] Sudane Erato: it is EXTREMELY difficult getting good, usable terrain texs
[10:39] Sleazy Writer: Can I talk some more Moon?
[10:39] Sleazy Writer: Or do you want to continue with other stuff?
[10:40] You: sure, for a few minutes
[10:40] Sleazy Writer: Well .. if you look at the picture, you'll see that the highest point in CN has rock, and the highest point in NFS has rock .. so from CN --> AM --> NFS it will be: rock --> grasses --> rock .. Somehow that doesn't make sense to me
[10:41] Sudane Erato: theres a river valley in between
[10:41] You: lol, that's why i am suggesting that we establish a gradient throughout the territory :)
[10:41] Sleazy Writer: So .. I figured perhaps the rock in CN could be replaced by some grass texture?
[10:42] Sudane Erato: i think we will find that the 4 texs must be the same
[10:42] You: exactly
[10:42] Sudane Erato: the numbers can be different
[10:42] Sudane Erato: as per Moon's gradient
[10:42] You: actually, you need two sets of 4 textures each
[10:42] Sudane Erato: they must match at the boundaries
[10:43] You: winter and summer
[10:43] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:43] You: another issue may be
[10:43] You: we can study teh textures, of course, but whom is it up to implement those?
[10:44] Sleazy Writer: Why not take a vote on that later?
[10:44] Sudane Erato: well, we could to trials and then comments
[10:44] Sleazy Writer: good idea
[10:44] Sudane Erato: i REALLY think you have to see it in place
[10:44] Sleazy Writer: yup .. very likely
[10:44] You: yes, from my experience in trying to adjust ground textures
[10:44] Sudane Erato: yes!
[10:45] You: it frequently plays tricks on people
[10:45] You: and matches are never never perfect
[10:45] You: but then we can plant some trees :)
[10:45] Sleazy Writer: Moon, I have some quite nice examples for *grass* textures as well, can I rezz them?
[10:45] Sudane Erato: well, they can be perfect
[10:45] Sudane Erato: if you adhere to those rulkes
[10:45] You: yes, but you need not only the same textures, as also to very similar numbers
[10:46] Sudane Erato: yes.. the numbers must match on the adjoining edges
[10:46] You: and sleazy, sure - but i think that those should be rezzed on terrain, mind
[10:46] You: because you do get distortion on the terrain mesh
[10:47] You: and sometimes a good stone texture, say, becomes terrible when distorted - it has happened to me
[10:47] Sleazy Writer: The grass at the top left, is the stuff from the south continent, I think it looks quit 'fresh'
[10:47] Sudane Erato: i love the flowers one :))
[10:48] Sleazy Writer: then, the one at the top, in the middle, .... is probalby the same thing but made a bit brighter
[10:48] Sleazy Writer: then ... the one at the top-right is a default "NW Coastal 'lawn'" grass (I think we have it in NFS), .. mixed with some autumnal leaves thing
[10:48] Sleazy Writer: which isnot my favorite ..
[10:48] Sleazy Writer: then at the bottom
[10:48] Sleazy Writer: there's the best one
[10:49] Sleazy Writer: a snapshot from a Swiss sim .. real alpine meadows!
[10:49] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:49] Tanoujin Milestone: dandelion?
[10:49] Sleazy Writer: at the bottom right you can see how it looks from the camera view ... the drawback is that it's oviously a flattened photogrpah ... (zoom in) .. but I think it still loost best
[10:49] You: edelweiss ;)
[10:50] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:50] Tanoujin Milestone: i see more seasons coming :-)
[10:50] You: LOL
[10:50] You: yes :)
[10:50] Sudane Erato: seasons are so easy with the terrains...
[10:50] Sleazy Writer: So the textures that I put on the sculptie-model are (from top to bottom) ---> default rock (NFS), ..... "lawn" grass (NFS, near wagon) ... then 3 x flowery alpine meadow textures (where do we get it?) ... and at the bottom another default ROck that we have in CN
[10:50] Sudane Erato: but they really suck with the trees
[10:51] Sleazy Writer: What sucks with trees?
[10:51] Sleazy Writer: oh .. seasons - yeah
[10:51] Sudane Erato: changing the seasons
[10:51] You: hmmm
[10:51] You: actually
[10:51] Sleazy Writer: What do we all think about the flowery texture?
[10:51] You: you could make them change
[10:52] You: with a scripted tree, and a different set of textures hmmmm
[10:52] Sudane Erato: early on Eloise and i tried to create a script
[10:52] Sudane Erato: that would change all the LL trees
[10:52] Sudane Erato: but you can't
[10:52] You: ah, but LL trees are strange objects
[10:52] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:53] Sudane Erato: but HIGHLY desireable
[10:53] Sudane Erato: flexi... and one prim
[10:53] You: they're very hard to script, that's why the Grundfos tree station has my trees instead
[10:53] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:53] Sudane Erato: for for a whole sims
[10:53] Sudane Erato: you need LL trees
[10:53] You: yes
[10:54] You: let's hope they implement SpeedTree in teh next few years :)
[10:54] Sudane Erato: oh... you must tell me what that is!
[10:54] Sudane Erato: but not now
[10:54] You: yes lol
[10:54] You: ok guys
[10:54] You: about this terrain thing
[10:54] You: i think we need to pick sets of textures
[10:55] You: anyone volunteering for that?
[10:55] Sudane Erato: well... trial sets
[10:55] You: yes, trials
[10:55] Sudane Erato: we must be ready to experiment
[10:55] Sleazy Writer: I volunteer but don't have any commercial sets
[10:55] You: in any case, we can only try them WELL after we have the third sim
[10:55] You: i can help there
[10:56] You: even if not commercial, i can adapt textures from uncommercial ones
[10:56] Jon Seattle: I will say that when I did it -- I had to experiment quite a bit on the actual landscape before it worked well.
[10:56] Sudane Erato: i agree Jon
[10:56] Sleazy Writer: hm hm okay
[10:57] You: ok, then we'll work on it
[10:57] You: now for the official agenda :P
[10:57] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks, Sleazy, nice demos
[10:57] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:57] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[10:57] You: 1. 3rd sim - plans, covenants
[10:57] Sleazy Writer: :)
[10:57] You: 2. Elections
[10:57] You: 3. Monastery
[10:58] You: 4. Schloss
[10:58] Sleazy Writer: she said 58 minutes later
[10:58] You: 5. Winter Holidays
[10:58] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:58] You: and i would like to discuss pending issues, like Altenstadt
[10:58] You: but dunno if we have time
[10:59] You: ok...
[10:59] You: 3rd sim - plans and covenants
[10:59] Sudane Erato: question
[10:59] You: Jon, thanks for making those tables
[10:59] You: yes?
[10:59] Sudane Erato: are the plans to a state where I should do a financial on them?
[10:59] You: i thnk so
[10:59] Sudane Erato: parecls and all
[11:00] You: considering that the current proposals have been posted for over a month without any firestorm
[11:00] Sudane Erato: kk... great
[11:00] Sudane Erato: I'll do that this week
[11:00] Sudane Erato: and post them in the forum
[11:00] You: but am willing to start a definite vote on teh parcel plans proposed, if you think it necessary
[11:00] Sleazy Writer: Hi Arria
[11:00] Sudane Erato: hi Arria! :)
[11:01] You: hi Arria :)
[11:01] Tanoujin Milestone: Arria :)
[11:01] Arria Perreault: Hi everybody :-))
[11:01] You: winter hour change too? :)
[11:01] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:01] Sleazy Writer: Btw guys, I have some hilarious political news .. (if I may distract a bit more) Sonja aka Nikki, has joined the DPU !! :D isn't that amazing? :D
[11:02] Sudane Erato: why is that amazing?...
[11:02] Sudane Erato: and it IS pout of order :)
[11:02] You: lol, quite
[11:02] You: come on, concentrate
[11:02] You: a question for you all
[11:02] Sleazy Writer: because that faction seemed so dead (except Dnate)
[11:03] You: do we need to vote the current Jon/Dnate proposal? Yes or no?
[11:03] Sudane Erato: i think that there seems to be a consensus
[11:03] Sleazy Writer: a vote would be good
[11:03] Sudane Erato: so we should just agree with our APPROVAL
[11:03] Brian Livingston: I don't believe so but perhaps for formality's sake
[11:03] You: my opinion is that there was enough time for any serious critique to be posted
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: like marriage? speak now or be silent for ever?
[11:04] Jon Seattle: Hi Arria, (back)
[11:04] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:04] Brian Livingston: lol
[11:04] You: yes, exactly :D
[11:04] Arria Perreault: Hi Jon
[11:04] Sudane Erato: so may I move that we approve it?
[11:04] Arria Perreault: so I missed all the meeting !
[11:04] You: no Arria, we started late
[11:05] You: this is the first point
[11:05] Sleazy Writer: yeah, I wasted 58 of these people's minutes with showing of my grass textures
[11:05] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:05] You: anyone second?
[11:05] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: sure i second that
[11:05] Jon Seattle: I second..
[11:05] You: and i second as well
[11:05] Sleazy Writer abstains
[11:05] Arria Perreault: i abstain (because i just arrive..)
[11:06] You: Brian?
[11:06] Brian Livingston: Sure!
[11:06] Sleazy Writer: M > Maybe you can repeat the question for Arria, so that she can vote?
[11:06] You: ok
[11:06] You: motion is to approve the Jon/Dnate proposal for parcels that ahs been posted on the forums
[11:07] Arria Perreault: for the new sim?
[11:07] You: yes
[11:07] Sleazy Writer: (Including the 2 variants I presume?)
[11:07] Sudane Erato: varients?
[11:07] You: the two variants are a bit interchangeable, so yes
[11:07] Arria Perreault: i just to see where the Monastery is
[11:07] You: Sudane, they're just the changing of locations of some of teh minor plots, and not relevant for the financial plan
[11:08] Sudane Erato: kk... great
[11:08] Jon Seattle: The monastery would be extended by another 1024 m2 or so, down the hill
[11:08] Arria Perreault: great
[11:08] Sudane Erato: someone will point me to the final plan?? :)
[11:08] Jon Seattle: They both end up being exactly the same toal m2, its very funny
[11:08] Sudane Erato: good
[11:08] You: yup
[11:08] Arria Perreault: so, my vote is yes
[11:09] Brian Livingston: I vote to approve
[11:09] You: so it's a bit irrelevant which of teh two is set
[11:09] Sudane Erato: i vote yes
[11:09] Jon Seattle: Votes to approve
[11:09] You: ok, passed
[11:09] You: i'll post on that thread saying the proposal has been formally approved
[11:09] You: ok, covenants
[11:10] You: i'd like to invite everyone to join in teh discussion
[11:10] You: Sleazy, you have been very active in it
[11:10] You: do you think we can close the discussion on the GENERAL covenants
[11:10] Sleazy Writer: Yes we probably need more pictures (positive and negative examples) for the chateaux/castles
[11:11] You: and pass to more specific covenants?
[11:12] You: Jon, btw
[11:12] You: we need a final clean drawing of the parcels
[11:12] You: with an exclusive identification for them
[11:12] Sudane Erato: that would be great
[11:12] You: i suggest that the ID be made similarly to CN
[11:12] You: with a letter and a number
[11:13] You: letter providing zone or tipology ID
[11:13] Jon Seattle: Sure, glad to do that. Note. One for each parrcel, with the letter standing for the zone.
[11:13] You: if you want, i can do that too
[11:13] Arria Perreault: when can we order/buy the parcel?
[11:13] Jon Seattle: :) either one
[11:14] Jon Seattle: Ah, we need to asses prices..
[11:14] Sudane Erato: yes, thats what i'll try to do this week
[11:14] You: then we will post that drawing as a base for zone covenant discussion
[11:14] You: yes, Arria, we need the financial plan first
[11:14] Sudane Erato: present options for prices and tier
[11:14] You: BTW
[11:14] You: anyone present from teh Bureau wg?
[11:15] Sleazy Writer: not me
[11:16] You: Bureau wg must start compiling conclusions of the covenant discussion...
[11:16] Sleazy Writer: who is in that workgroup?
[11:17] Sleazy Writer: Hm, it's so quiet here, is my SL still working?
[11:17] You: i am looking down the thread
[11:17] Sudane Erato: we are meditating
[11:17] You: i have Beathan and Yoge in that
[11:17] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:17] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, trying to find the thread :-)
[11:17] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1295
[11:18] You: i'll ask them if they can start organizing it
[11:18] You: ok
[11:18] You: everyone, don't forget to add your opinions on the images threads for chateaux and cottages
[11:18] Sudane Erato: i gree with what everyone has said :)
[11:19] You: also new images :)
[11:19] Sleazy Writer: Moon > As for the general Covenant stuff, I think the Bureau-guys, simply need to write down my proposals (no one except Tan and Dnate replied, afaik) .. and let the RA approve it .. or not.
[11:19] Sleazy Writer: But the script rules remain tricky
[11:19] You: ok, my opinion as well
[11:21] You: i don't know if there is any way to get the data from iteration consumption from teh sim
[11:21] You: other than the Estate tools, of course
[11:21] Sleazy Writer: My alternative for scripts was havign 2 categories (intensive scripts and non intensive ones) and an allance for each .. Tan's proposal was to have something millisecond based, but afaik, that depends on consulting the Chancellor/caretaker .. so I think that last option is not really guidance in the covenant but really a *service* by the Exec. guys, if they want to.
[11:21] Sleazy Writer: *allowance
[11:22] Tanoujin Milestone: :) you are right, it could be a service, but Covenant needs a simpler rule
[11:23] You: Sleazy? You still there?
[11:23] Sleazy Writer: I talked to both Ali and Dnate about this, but neither of them had a smart way of putting a millisecond rule in the Covenant .. both of them emphasized that a chancellor needs to keep an eye on the top scripts (not something for covenant) .. And to my proposal of two categories, Dnate was moderately positive, but he couldn't predict if it would have a better effect than the currently ignore 1-per-100sqm rule.
[11:24] Sleazy Writer: *ignored
[11:24] You: so perhaps we can't alter the 1/100m2 rule, you mean?
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: the one per 100 is not much ignored
[11:24] Sleazy Writer: why not?
[11:25] Tanoujin Milestone: if we follow Sleazy with 2 categories of scripts, we have to define them
[11:25] Sleazy Writer: ye s.. with examples
[11:25] You: well, the 1/100 m2 is perhaps the simplest rule possible
[11:25] Sleazy Writer: obvious, clear examples
[11:25] Sudane Erato: NFS has one script for every 70 sq meters
[11:25] Sudane Erato: thats not too far off
[11:26] Tanoujin Milestone: yup, same result here, Sudane
[11:26] You: but i think that perhaps demands a knowledge about scripts that most people don't have
[11:26] Sleazy Writer: Moon > Yes but do people keep the 1/100 rule in mind at all? I think everyone ignores it
[11:26] Jon Seattle: Well, is the goal to reduce lag?
[11:26] Sudane Erato: they might ignore it... but if people keep in mind the need to be spare
[11:26] You: yes, to control it as possible
[11:26] Sudane Erato: that might have ann affect\
[11:26] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:26] You: ah, an idea
[11:26] You: perhaps the thing is
[11:27] You: to say that if a script demands a touch or a collision to activate
[11:27] You: then there's no limit
[11:27] Arria Perreault: the new sim will be an updated version ?
[11:28] You: PLUS that, you can have 1 lagging script/X m2
[11:28] Arria Perreault: i mean, less laggy than ours two present sims
[11:28] You: Arria, though new sims are faster
[11:28] You: script lag from open listeners or open sensors is still a problem
[11:28] Arria Perreault: i see
[11:29] Jon Seattle: Yes, it seems to me that we mainly need to limit the laggy scripts -- not sure how to do that
[11:29] You: place limits on scripts with open listeners, open sensors, etc
[11:30] Jon Seattle: Yes, I agree.
[11:30] You: and perhaps teh Guild should make an effort
[11:30] You: to be able to provide non-lag alternatives to some classes of scripts
[11:30] You: i don't mean for free
[11:31] You: but it could surely be an interesting business for the scripters
[11:31] Jon Seattle: How about one open-sensor script per parcel :)
[11:32] You: that's more restrictive, even
[11:32] Arria Perreault: it depend of the parcel
[11:32] You: if you have a 1024, then you could place 10 sensors (god knows for what)
[11:32] Jon Seattle: Well, its easy to have non-open sensor scripts, and no limits on those.
[11:32] You: the issue on scripts limits
[11:33] You: is that some citizens complain that tehy need more scripts
[11:33] You: think vendors, say
[11:33] Sleazy Writer: that's what waivers are for
[11:33] You: ah
[11:33] Sleazy Writer: or zones
[11:33] You: so
[11:33] You: hmmm
[11:34] You: then we only need to have a N/X m2 rule, and let individual cases be sorted?
[11:34] Sleazy Writer: does anyone have evidence that N/X sqm rules are NOT ignored? If they *are* ignore we can just as well do away with the rule
[11:34] You: perhaps the covenants can say that
[11:35] You: well, as far as i know, they're not enforced
[11:35] Sleazy Writer: heheh, no!
[11:35] You: and possibly, unenforceable
[11:35] Sudane Erato: there is no way to enforce them
[11:35] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:35] You: lol
[11:35] You: then i agree with sleazy
[11:35] Sudane Erato: you'd need a programmed enforcement
[11:35] Sudane Erato: and i don't think that LSL functions exist
[11:36] Sudane Erato: to read this data
[11:36] You: it's irrelevant to discuss this
[11:36] You: we can leave an indication that scripts should be no-lag, etc
[11:36] Sleazy Writer: I have 11 scripts on 450 sqm .. not a Chancellor or caretaker who complains .. but they're probably not heavy scripts
[11:37] You: tsk :D
[11:37] Tanoujin Milestone: as long as the runtime is not above 25 ms
[11:37] You: guys, we are coming close to the RA hour
[11:38] You: and i would like to try and hold elections, or make some advanacement towards we having elections
[11:38] Sleazy Writer: maybe ditching the X/n sqm rule and replacing it with Jon's proposal? ... and illustrating 'sensors' with examples what they actually are?
[11:38] You: Sleazy, please, let's move forward for a bit
[11:38] You: Elections
[11:39] You: the Chair not being here
[11:39] You: i can say that there has been some discussion on the Faculty rules by mail
[11:39] You: and it has been a bit inconclusive so far, though there's a proposal presented for the Faculty rules
[11:40] You: so i am still at a loss here
[11:40] You: in my opinion, and to try and solve this issue quuickly
[11:41] You: i think that the neext Faculty should look closely towards a new set of rules, or a better definition of teh existing set whatever
[11:41] Jon Seattle: yes
[11:42] You: but that the Faculty should move to hold their vote
[11:42] You: so that the Board (all of us) can vote on a new Sec too
[11:42] You: what do you think?
[11:43] Sleazy Writer: Have no Board secretary candidates come forward yet?
[11:43] You: no...
[11:43] Sleazy Writer: aha .. the usual volunteer situation :-)
[11:44] Sleazy Writer: I don't think more volunteers will step forward, so a vote would be good.
[11:44] You: Sleazy, my problem isn't board
[11:44] You: but mainly it's faculty
[11:45] You: so i would like to propose a vote on teh following
[11:45] You: will just wait for Tan to speak
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: moon, i beg you, we voted to have a new sec election to have a clean calendar, now it is the chair's election retarding it - if you are willing to continue ... lets renew the vote, with you as the only candidate...
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: and end of board part of story :)
[11:46] Arria Perreault: yes, i think that we have to go foward to find solutions
[11:46] You: ok Tan
[11:46] You: des anyone sec Tan's motion?
[11:46] You: does*
[11:46] Arria Perreault: I do
[11:46] You: ok
[11:47] Sleazy Writer doesn't get it so abstains
[11:47] You: moving then to hold the Board election immediately
[11:47] You: with myself as only victim er candidate
[11:47] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:47] Jon Seattle votes in favor of moon
[11:47] Jon Seattle: lol
[11:47] Tanoujin Milestone: lol, thank you so much!
[11:47] You: please vote
[11:47] Sudane Erato: yes!!!
[11:47] Tanoujin Milestone: aye for Moon
[11:47] Arria Perreault: i vote for moon
[11:47] Sudane Erato: Moon!
[11:47] Jon Seattle: aye for Moon
[11:47] You: i abstain :)
[11:47] Sudane Erato: how often can we vote??
[11:48] Sleazy Writer: aye for Moon's great work :)
[11:48] Brian Livingston: aye
[11:48] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:48] Sleazy Writer: + "Sorry!"
[11:48] Brian Livingston: And as many tiems as you cna type "aye' before Moon closes to polls :p
[11:48] You: ok, thank you
[11:48] Sudane Erato: hehehehe
[11:49] You: now my proposal as regards Faculty, for your consideration
[11:49] Sleazy Writer: each "aye" counts for 1 term
[11:49] Brian Livingston: lol
[11:49] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:49] You: i propose that we consider as valid Faculty members
[11:50] You: those that were appointed as interim, in the impossibility since to organize the Faculty
[11:50] You: and that they hold their vote
[11:50] You: with a strong urging from the Board
[11:51] You: that they dedicate themselves asap to solve the Faculty membership issue
[11:51] Jon Seattle: yes, makes sense.
[11:51] You: comments?
[11:51] Arria Perreault: can you give the names?
[11:51] You: that's what i am trying to find out, lol
[11:52] Jon Seattle: I will find them in the transcripts.. no time just this second.
[11:52] You: i have found out that the last election was on teh 29th April, so let me look for another minute too
[11:53] Arria Perreault: did Dnate give a list?
[11:54] Jon Seattle: I need to get off line for a moment before the RA. See you in a little bit. )
[11:54] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:54] Tanoujin Milestone: in a few :)
[11:54] Jon Seattle smiles and waves
[11:54] Arria Perreault: :-)
[11:54] Sleazy Writer: later :)
[11:54] Jon Seattle hugs moon as he loggs off
[11:54] You: can't find the list of teh faculty
[11:54] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[11:54] You: issue is that we didn't have the forum back then
[11:55] Arria Perreault: Dnate was supposed to give one
[11:55] Sleazy Writer: He's online now, it seems
[11:55] You: but he hasn't yet
[11:55] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:55] You: ah, let me ask him then
[11:56] Sleazy Writer: Can someone please bring me up to date about the 'membership problem'? If it's not too difficult?
[11:56] You: sure, while i wait for his reply
[11:56] You: as you know
[11:56] You: the Guild has two branches
[11:57] You: the board and the faculty
[11:57] Sleazy Writer: hm hm
[11:57] You: while the board is the general-assembly of teh guild
[11:57] Arria Perreault: You have this interesting topic in the forum: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... ulty#p6778
[11:57] You: so everyone attending the board meetings is entitled to vote in the board
[11:57] Sleazy Writer: hm hm
[11:57] You: the faculty is supposedly closed to some definite rules
[11:58] You: namely, the faculty members should do some quarterly work, etc
[11:58] You: the issue is that it was never enforced
[11:58] You: so, atm, we don't know who are valid Fac members
[11:58] Sleazy Writer: ahaaa
[11:58] Sleazy Writer: right
[11:59] Arria Perreault: it seems that Faculty doesn't have many activities
[11:59] Arria Perreault: without members and chair, it's quiet hard
[11:59] Sleazy Writer: thx, that explains it
[11:59] You: the issue is further confused because for instance, attending guild meetings can be accountable for faculty quarterly rules
[11:59] You: so
[11:59] Arria Perreault: i see two ways to go forward
[11:59] You: (and this is my personal look on it, mind)
[11:59] You: in one pov, you don't have a valid faculty
[11:59] Arria Perreault: one is to elect a chair that can try to renew this institution
[12:00] You: in another pov, everyone here is faculty :P
[12:00] Moon Adamant listens
[12:00] Sudane Erato: sorry... i must go to the RA
[12:01] Tanoujin Milestone: see you there
[12:01] Brian Livingston: Mmm i must get going too
[12:01] Arria Perreault: the second one is to design a small workgroup that can propose a change in Guild statutes and define better the existence and role of the Faculty
[12:01] You: both things are good ideas, Arria
[12:01] Sleazy Writer: bye Sudane & Brian
[12:01] Sudane Erato: bye :)
[12:01] Brian Livingston waves
[12:01] Arria Perreault: bye Brian and Sudane
[12:02] You: and as said, there is already a procedure proposed for that, which i think can be a good starting point
[12:02] You: bye Brian and Sudane :)
[12:02] You: so this is what i think
[12:02] Arria Perreault: where is the description of this procedure?
[12:03] You: it's on mail only now, in the discussion of the members of teh faculty that remember being mebers of faculty :P
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[12:03] Arria Perreault: maybe you could share these reflexions
[12:03] You: but mind, i think that the newly elected Chair should deal with it preferrably
[12:04] You: well, teh proposal as it stands demands a portfolio from applicants to faculty
[12:04] You: and the discussion paused immediately after
[12:05] You: since some of us (and myself included) feel that the approval of portfolios may be tricky
[12:05] You: in any case
[12:05] You: it doesn't provide a speedy method for us to find out who are the actual faculty members
[12:05] You: see what i mean?
[12:06] You: and i think that is the most important thing now
[12:06] Sleazy Writer listens, but doesn't have much of an opinion ..
[12:06] You: so what i think
[12:06] You: and would like to propose
[12:06] You: is this
[12:06] You: that next week
[12:07] You: ah, btw, dnate doesn't have the list either
[12:07] You: so what i propose is
[12:07] You: that next week we hold the election
[12:07] You: using this process
[12:08] You: if a list of teh interim faculty is found, that those people vote
[12:08] You: (running on the assumption that since the faculty couldn't organize, we're back to teh interim faculty)
[12:09] You: if that list isn't found, that the whole board votes in a Chair
[12:09] Arria Perreault: noboby will find a list til next week, Moon ;-)
[12:09] You: and that the Chair then - according your proposal Arria - starts organizing the Faculty from scratch, if need be with a wg
[12:10] You: well, i can look in my mail to see if i have a transcript of the 29th april meeting
[12:10] You: to see who has voted back then
[12:10] Arria Perreault: i was there
[12:10] You: or to see if the list is told back then
[12:10] Arria Perreault: i remember when Dnate was elected
[12:10] You: yes, me too
[12:11] You: but i can't remember who voted lol
[12:11] You: except myself, of course
[12:11] Arria Perreault: maybe Jon
[12:11] You: in all cases, you shouldn't trust just my word that A, B and C voted
[12:12] Arria Perreault: Moon, there is a problem, if we don't take in consideration new members
[12:12] Arria Perreault: since April
[12:12] You: yes?
[12:12] Arria Perreault: i cannot be candidate
[12:12] Arria Perreault: if i am not member
[12:12] Arria Perreault: and last April, i was not
[12:12] You: hmmmmmMMMM
[12:12] Sleazy Writer: Well, afaik, the criterium for fac. members was that they showed expertise in the construction of CN -- right?
[12:13] You: drat
[12:13] You: quite honestly
[12:13] Arria Perreault: i have recently asked Dnate to take me in consideration
[12:13] You: you were teh ONLY person that tried to fulfill the educational role of the Faculty
[12:13] You: so it's extremely unfair
[12:13] Arria Perreault: giving some indications about what I have done or tried to do
[12:13] You: that s why i am starting really to prefer
[12:14] You: that the whole board votes for Fac Chair, and that the Fac is re-assembled from scratch
[12:14] Sleazy Writer: Guys, I need to attend the RA .. thanks ! see you later
[12:14] You: but that is my opinion only
[12:14] Arria Perreault: i totally agree with this process
[12:14] You: yes, but we will need to vote the process
[12:14] You: and we're only 3 now
[12:14] Tanoujin Milestone: it is my opinion too, looks like the former faculty is a sunken ship
[12:15] You: so hmmm
[12:15] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks, see you :)

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”