Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Guild Faculty Chair Election

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello all,

Last Sunday, the Guild Board has moved to elect the Board Secretary immediately.

The discussion on previous meetings has shown that there is a strong leaning towards the Faculty Chair and Board Secretary elections running together. This leads me into thinking that we must not delay the Faculty Chair meeting any longer, and that it must take place next Guild Meeting.

Also, there is a candidate running for the Chair role. Arria has declared her willing to run for a few weeks now, and it is only but civil that we hold the election as quickly as possible.

What is happening with the Faculty can be summarized as following:

Unlike the Board, which is open to membership to all CDS citizens, the Faculty holds a set of rules concerning the admission of its members. (Read the Sticky on this forum about the Guild Charter). The Faculty in its original gathering constituted themselves in an Interim Faculty, which voted the first Chair at the beginning of its first official term.
During this term, there was an impossibility to enforce the membership rules. So at the moment, we are not sure who the Faculty members are, except from Dnate, who is the current Chair.

The issue has got into such a complexity that we don't even know atm if Arria is a Faculty member, and so if she can run to the Chair role. This strikes me as profoundly unfair, since Arria was the only person in the last Faculty term who did organize an educational activity!

Also, we can't recall who the Interim Faculty were. This is quite natural - the Interim Faculty assembled in April (quite a long time ago). Also, at the time we didn't have a dedicated forum for ourselves - this Guild forum starts with a post by Dnate as Chair already - so there isn't a post of the transcript of that meeting. If somebody held a transcript of that meeting, which happened on the 29th April, please let me know.

So the important thing now is, i think, that we define next week who can vote.

Therefore, using my Board Secretary allowance towards calling Faculty meetings, i am calling a Faculty meeting for next Sunday, the 4th November.

In this meeting i will propose the following motions:

If a list of the Interim Faculty is found:
- A motion that the Interim Faculty is assumed as still in functions, and its members, along with the Chair, be considered as able to vote.
- Next, a motion that the Faculty accepts Arria - and any other board member that holds an interest on Faculty membership - as members, and that they too be considered able to vote.
- Next, a motion to vote for Chair.

If a list of the Interim Faculty is not found:
- A motion that the Board moves to elect a new Faculty Chair. As this is contrary to what is disposed in our Charter, i will then ask the confirmation of the Chair by the RA.

Regardless of which action, i will also move that the Board makes a strong recommendation to the Faculty in the sense of the Faculty quickly defining its procedures for membership.

Eudaimonia now!
Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Guild Faculty Chair Election

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

Moon Adamant wrote:

If somebody held a transcript of that meeting, which happened on the 29th April, please let me know.

The meeting where Dnate was elected? That's this one:

TOPGenosse's archives 26 April 07 - 31 May 07 wrote:

Moon Adamant: ok, shall we proceed for faculty chair election?
(...)
Moon Adamant: Faculty Chair is a role that promises a lot of fun :)
Moon Adamant: and Dnate is running to it
Moon Adamant: so on this, only Faculty will vote
Moon Adamant: members present are me, jon, Sudane and Dnate

Also, in that same archived chat.txt I was talking to Brian, where he said he was invited to join one of the sim design contest groups, which he said he declined because he felt Faculty members should stay neutral.

So, according to my information the interim Faculty is:

• - Brian Livingston
    - Dnate Mars
    - Jon Seattle
    - Moon Adamant
    - Sudane Erato

Trying to make this mainland parcel part of the CDS: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Tethys/64/158/72/
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Great! Thanks! :) :)

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hi all,

on this date, we held elections for the Faculty Chair. Arria was elected with all votes, save one abstention.

For details, please check:

http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 9159#p9159

Eudaimonia now!
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

Hi!

I will thank people who has elected me as Chair of the Faculty. I would like to start a reflexion about the aims and missions of the Faculty. As I have already declared, one of my goals is to develop courses and transfer of knowledge in the domain of building and design. I will discuss this with the other members of the Faculty.
Faculty should be an open place. So if anyone is interested to participate to its activities, she/he can contact me. The two conditions seems to be: be a good builder/designer in some domains (not in every ;-)) and be ready to share this knowledge.
In the same time, if anyone has some expectations regarding the activities of the Faculty (like need a course or some help to start to express creativity), she/he can contact me.

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”