metanomics next week, currency, trade and stock exchanges

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

metanomics next week, currency, trade and stock exchanges

Post by Rose Springvale »

One of the areas upon which the CDS can assert some "brand" identity is the financial sector. Next weeks metanomics discussion fits that sector and it would be really nice to have some "experts" available to lead/participate in discussion after the event. I've had a lot of positive feedback from people who really enjoy the after event chance to stay and chat. It takes a good chunk out of my work day though, so i'd really appreciate if someone would step forward to help.

here is the ad i've posted. I'll bring the whiskey.

Professor Robert Bloomfield of Cornell University hosts David Karsbøl, Market Strategist for Denmark's Saxo Bank.
who will apply his expertise in pricing precious metals to virtual currencies,to give new ways of thinking about the Linden Dollar.

IntLibber Brautigan, CEO of Ancapistan Capital Exchange (ACE), Arbitrage Wise, Chairman of SLCapEx, and Shaun Altman, CEO of the first publicly traded firm in Second Life, who is also launching a new exchange ,will join in with their experience in virtual economies and discuss trade in the virtual world.

Strong whiskey and discussion of issues with lawyers, bankers and trend watchers from the Confederation of Democratic Sims follows.

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: metanomics next week, currency, trade and stock exchanges

Post by Sudane Erato »

Two questions:

1) For those of us who are not keeping track of the regular events in this series, what's the day and time of this event?

2) I have a Google calendar called "Neufreistadt SL" on my Google calendar grid. It lists a lot of our regular meetings, but not this.Is there one of the Google calendars that you're using for events such as this one? Or, if not, could you add things like this to Neufreistadt SL?

Sudane......................

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

In answer to question 1): the scheduled time is Monday at 11am SLT in the Colonia Nova Amphitheater.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

Hi Sudane,

Yes, Sonja is correct... the time is 11 slt on mondays.

As for Google calendar.. i tried keeping it up for a while, but i was under the impression most people could not see it. I think only a select group can. If it is helpful, by all means i'll post recurring events, as well as special ones when i can.

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Rose Springvale wrote:

Hi Sudane,

Yes, Sonja is correct... the time is 11 slt on mondays.

As for Google calendar.. i tried keeping it up for a while, but i was under the impression most people could not see it. I think only a select group can. If it is helpful, by all means i'll post recurring events, as well as special ones when i can.

Oh!... it's wonderful for me... I use the google calendar for all my things, so having that there in addition is really helpful.

I others don't use it, maybe we could ocassionally remind folks how to use it (not that I am much of an expert :( ).

And, at one time, the calendar was visible on the website. Is that still the case?

Sudane............................

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

I tried to find the calendar to see if it works for me, but have not been able to. Where is it?

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Sonja Strom wrote:

I tried to find the calendar to see if it works for me, but have not been able to. Where is it?

OK... first it is here: http://neufreistadt.info/id18.html

Then, and I may have this a bit muddled, but this is the best i can figure out....

Open up your own calendar in iGoogle (the customized Google page). On the right is a box that says "My Calendars", with the button that says Add. Click that, and Select "Add a public calendar".

In the Google search box at the top, type in Neufreistadt, and the click Search Public Calendars. When I do that, I get 4 results, all being calendars of events happening in Neufreistadt. The one I am referring to is "Neufreistadt SL". Click "Add To Calendar".

Then, when you go "Back To Calendar", the Neufreistadt calendar has been inserted into your own calendar. You can change the color of the entries, so they don't get mixed up with your things. And, of course, you can put this calendar on your iGoogle page (even make it your home page!). It's a great system (if you can figure it out! :) ).

Sudane........................

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Thanks Sudane. Yes, I can see the calendar, even though I do not have a Google account. :)

Return to “Events in CDS”