CDS Citizens Turnover Statistics - January -December 2007

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: CDS Citizens Turnover Statistics - January -December 2007

Post by michelmanen »

The ad hominem attack was Salzies. Someone had to tell her in a direct way she can't just put down someone who's worked so hard for the CDS for six months and just get away with it -especially when so totally unwarranted and based on sheer ignorance of what's been going on here for the past year in terms of new sim proposals, contest and outcome.

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jon Seattle »

Michel, your incessant attacks on people who have given their time and effort to this project has been, (calling them idiots, implying they are unintelligent, oligarchs, etc, is illustrated by many of your posts in this forum) is truly one of the most difficult aspects of the CDS. This could have been an interesting and useful discussion on membership and growth had you not set out from the start to poison it.

I wonder if your intention isn't really to create a climate of conflict so that people won’t want to come here for fear of getting caught in the crossfire. If people, not in your circle of loyal followers, leave the CDS you see a double advantage: you gain power in and you can blame everyone who opposes you.

My observation is that longer-time citizens are very open to and often help newcomers get involved with public affairs and community projects. (Those who keep a chip on their shoulder are a bother, but we have proven very open even to them.) We usually are desperate for more help and not interested in turning people away.

A policy of careful reform with community support not only works, it allows us to experiment and make corrections as we go. If we continue to experiment and evaluate the results we can and will evolve to become a better, more egalitarian, community with simpler and more effective systems of governance. It will take time, but I have every faith that the result will be much better as a consequence of taking that time and care.

It was especially important for the RA this term (members of all parties) to create a responsible, open, stable climate after the instability of the last election. I gather you would have preferred governance by “the mountain”, constant demands for radical change, upheaval, and displacement. That kind of upheaval is really only more likely to make people more fearful and suspicious of change.

Flyingroc Chung
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Flyingroc Chung »

Flyingroc Chung! yes yes yes! (yes yes)

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Welcome back FR! We missed you! Just in time for an enthusiastic endorsement of Jon Quixote's latest egalitarian anti-Michel charge I guess ;) You guys have are such a riot!

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

"Jon Quixote" ==> LOL!

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jon Seattle »

Your post goes a long way towards proving my point. You are a just a bully with no real policy proposal beyond listening to your own voice, which you clearly truly adore and hope others will as well.

Lets see, so far in the short time I have been here I started a political party, was involved in the negotiation that give us the current constitutional compromise around the executive branch, spearheaded the much needed repeal of the JA, founded the New Guild, stopped those who thought that CDS should not actually belong to the CDS elected government (novel idea!), was involved in planning and building two new sim regions, and wrote some very substantial bills, that unlike yours actually got enough support to pass.

An the amazing thing, while you are calling me Quixote, is that you are by far and away the most ineffectual person ever involved in CDS politics. I can’t think of a single substantial change in policy, major piece of legislation, or organizational innovation that you have managed to get passed in your entire time here, never mind successfully put into practice. Not a one.

It must be election season, lord Michel the wet noodle sallies forth in his royal robes and prosecutes yet another smear campaign. Its getting pretty dull, I tell you.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Wow! You've become an expert at blowing your own horn Jon! It's understandable.. someone has to.... :P

Yes you did a lot of work on the sims, Jon, and no one is questioning your commitment to CDS. Its the effectiveness and viability of your policies and your paranoid attacks on me I question... But hey if you like to consider me your personal wind mill please feel free to charge on your valiant Rocinante.... It's fun to see you ride your favorite whipping horse into the sunset....

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jon Seattle »

Everyone who reads this forum knows that you are a bully, and call people names in a good number of your posts. Is that paranoid? No, I think you have proven your metal again and again and again. Actually its quite a record. Some people just can't stand a dose of their own medicine.

Its very telling that you cannot list even a single achievement. Oh, I forgot! you were elected high Khalifah!! Michel. Tell us about one thing you have achieved in CDS government. I bet you will avoid the question and just continue the name calling..

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

It s not a question about my personal achievements Jon... I leave such narcissistic preoccupations to you.... It's what we achieve as a community that counts.. And losing 35 citizens - half of our current population - under the wise guidance of the party you founded is not a great record of achievement whichever way you cut it..... :|

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jon Seattle »

Oh, now Michel returns to calling me by my actual name. Progress! Michel, this became personal when you called me Jon Quixote. I asked you to back that up, but apparently you can't. So, good lawyer that you are, you can always change the subject. I am much amused. Not have much to show for all your work Michel? If you had any answer to that I am sure you would have listed some achievement or other. Apparently none is forthcoming. From now on, every time you call me Jon Quixote, I will be sure to address you as Lord Chief Justice Wetnoodle and bow with proper flourishes.

Unlike you, I am not my political party. I think the CSDF did a fine job, given that it did not have a majority in the RA and did not have a single person working in the executive branch. Things were stable, we were financially prudent without being too tight fisted, and we built some of the foundations that will allow future steady, careful growth. Things change rapidly in SL, but in the long run its not the numbers but the problem solving that matters. Your mistake is to always to assume that everything has an easy answer, just set up six commissions, there is no real work involved. The CSDF, and most members of the other parties don't believe that.

At the same time, I believe that your incessant attacks are responsible for making the CDS a worse place to live and adding to turnover. No one likes to live in a city where people are throwing rocks. Why not change your ways, stop attacking everyone, and do something constructive for a change?

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

michelmanen wrote:

If you would have bothered to be around a little more Salzie rather than dropping by once in a blue moon and engaging in unwarranted personal attacks of people who actually make an effort to make this community lively, dynamic, and fun to be in, you would know that Nea Hora was Arria's sim proposal which was not selected by the CDS citizens when the theme of Alpine meadow was chosen, but which was retained as a possible future alternative.

I'm here everyday, Michael, I just don't feel the need to proclaim that factor. You're just too full of yourself to notice. And some of us don't want dymanic growth of the CDS.

Last edited by Salzie Sachertorte on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

michelmanen wrote:

The ad hominem attack was Salzies. Someone had to tell her in a direct way she can't just put down someone who's worked so hard for the CDS for six months and just get away with it -especially when so totally unwarranted and based on sheer ignorance of what's been going on here for the past year in terms of new sim proposals, contest and outcome.

Rose is a great event planner. I'll grant you that. Though not all of us desire nor feel the need for events, we go along with the idea and pay for them without complaint. That is a democracy in action. Rose needs improvement as a PIO. You only show your face when its election time and attack those who don't share your vision, such as I. Attack away - I don't care what you or anyone else in Sl thinks of me, I stand by what I think and say what I think, regardless of my popularity. I apologize that I forget there was another sim proposal, Rose's bombastic proclamations of her vision of "her" eltist sim has overtaken my frail memory.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

In reply to Jon, Michel wrote:

It s not a question about my personal achievements Jon... I leave such narcissistic preoccupations to you

What is really funny, is that quotes suffice :

As an introduction of himself to the Al-Andalus citizens, Michel wrote:

Assalamu Alilkum,

My name is Michel Manen, and I am the founder of the Al-Andalus Caliphate Project. I studied politics, languages, law and international relations and became quite familiar with the history, cultures, ideas, politics and legal systems of islamic societies. As President of a real-life non-profit organisaton, CRAEDO (Coalition for the Re-formation of the Euro-American Democratic Order - http://www.craedo.com ), whose aim is to re-think what it means to be an active citizen in a 21st Century democracy, I am naturally very interested in issues of democratic participation, citizenship, intercultural communication, diversity, and human rights.

(...)

I studied politics and languages at the undergraduate level at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario and the University of Glasgow, Scotland. I also spent a semester studying Spanish in Salamanca, Spain. In my spare time I debated, voulnteered with the Canadian Armed Forces Reserves, where I was commissioned as an officer ( 2. Lieutenant) and participated in various international conferences in the United States. I studied law at McGill University, Montreal and worked with law firms there, then moved, in 1992, to London, UK, where I met andd married my wife, Valerie.

In 1993 I founded CRAEDO and continued going to various conferences on law and politics across the UK, where I presented papers and participated in discussions, while at the same time studying for a law degree and an LL.M in International Legal Studies. At the same time I worked with a number of law firms and researched my upcoming book: "The European Crucible: Democracy, Prosperity, Diversity for the 21st Century".

In 1999 Val and I came to Canada and settled in Toronto, where I worked as Director of International Operations with one of Canada's largest immigration law firms. I then moved to Ottawa and then, finally, to Vancouver, where we currently live. I now teach business law for undergraduate and MBA students at a Vancouver university, act as a consultant for an immigration law firm and continue to develop my non-profit organisation, CRAEDO. As CRAEDO's President, I joined the Vancouver Board of Trade and sit on a number of its Committes and Task Forces.

(...)

source: http://www.al-andalus-sl.com/forum/inde ... sg43#msg43

merry christmas!

Flyingroc Chung
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Flyingroc Chung »

I am only briefly back. and already I wish I weren't. ;-) Happy holidays!

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

post deleted

Last edited by Rose Springvale on Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”