Special Metanomics Session on Banking

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Special Metanomics Session on Banking

Post by Rose Springvale »

In light of todays announcement by LL, the metanomics group will hold a special session Thursday, Jan 10. As Metanomics event partners, we will host streaming video of the event in the Amphitheater. (notice below) If you are a member of the metanomics group, you also got the call from Beyers Sellers regardomg a panel discussion to be held on Jan. 21. I'll reproduce that announcement as well, as i know many of you are involved in banking and law. Please contact Beyers directly if you want to participate.

Linden Lab is taking action on banking, effective January 22nd. (My current take here: http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2 ... crisi.html). This suggests a natural topic for the Metanomics session on the 21st: a panel discussion on the history behind this move, and an analysis of its immediate and long-term implications. If you have panelists to suggest, let me know. I'm hoping for a lawyer, representatives of inworld banks and exchanges, someone from Linden Lab, etc. Let me know!

and the notice for Thursday's session:

A special Metanomics event to address a radical shift in policy will be held this Thursday at 11 a.m. SLT. Linden Lab has regulated SL banks, effectively shutting them down until they change the way they do business. Guests will include key figures related to this issue. Do not miss this opportunity to ask questions and share your opinion!
See the in-depth analysis by Robert Bloomfield for details here: http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2 ... crisi.html

For the information of those who were unable to attend, the metanomic session with Robin Linden on Monday was our highest attendance yet... i counted 42 avi's in the amphitheatre at peak.

Return to “Events in CDS”