Help Test The Voting System

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Help Test The Voting System

Post by Jon Seattle »

Please help test the voting system today

There are voting terminals:

1. Near the hub in the NFS market
2. In front of the NFS church
3. On the CN forum

Unlike the real election, the system is configured to allow anyone to register to vote. In the real election it will be restricted to citizens who meet the constitutional criteria only. To vote:

1. Click the voting machine to get a password. It will be IMed to you privately, along with a URL for voting.
2. Go to the web site. Log in with the password and follow the instructions on the page.

Note that the parties and candidates in the test are not the real parties and candidates. Please email me at [email protected] with any comments or problems.

See the FAQ in this forum for more information. http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1541

Thanks!

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Help Test The Voting System

Post by Jon Seattle »

I've made a couple of changes this morning:

1. The ballot has been updated to make SL name case-insensitive.
2. The LSL script running in the voting machines will ask the voter to wait for a password via IM.
3. The machines will ignore any additional clicks before the server has responded. There is a timeout of 30 seconds for this lock so that the voting machine will not become stuck.

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Help Test The Voting System

Post by Jon Seattle »

The voting system test terminals have been removed as we begin the countdown for the real election. Thanks for testing, everyone!

They will be replaced by the real January 08 election terminals shortly.

Return to “General Discussion”