Guild Meeting Log - 20th Jan 2008

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting Log - 20th Jan 2008

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:35] You: thanks everyone for showing by :)
[10:35] You: first issue in agenda:
[10:35] You: thanks for setting the river in AM :)
[10:35] Rose Springvale: yay!!
[10:35] ThePrincess Parisi: yay its gorgeous
[10:35] Rose Springvale: :) for the record
[10:35] MT Lundquist: yes
[10:35] Sudane Erato: the river is great!!!
[10:35] MT Lundquist: fantastic
[10:35] You: :))
[10:36] Jon Seattle: yea! :)
[10:36] Delia Lake: thank you all
[10:36] You: we are missing only now
[10:36] You: the ski track and the lodge
[10:36] You: as for teh lodge, last meeting decided to install teh track/path first of all
[10:36] You: and then set the lodge according to needs
[10:36] You: and to availibility
[10:36] Rose Springvale: the lodge is ina great place for rafting...
[10:37] Moon Adamant wonders about that spelling
[10:37] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:37] Bjerkel Eerie: are we going to create a lift or xc trails?
[10:37] Rose Springvale: is there any date set for the thaw?
[10:37] You: dunno actually
[10:37] You: March?
[10:37] Rose Springvale: smile...
[10:37] MT Lundquist: hi Bromo
[10:37] You: hi hi Bromo :)
[10:37] ThePrincess Parisi: hi bromo
[10:37] Bromo Ivory: Hi Guys
[10:38] Rose Springvale: i know that sonja and jamie worked on ski path, but i'm not sure where it goes.. was there a decision to go with a track over free style?
[10:38] Delia Lake: last year the thaw was i think the beginning of april
[10:38] You: never was discussed
[10:38] You: i must say that i know nothing about ski
[10:38] Rose Springvale: gotta get out more moon
[10:39] You: so i am willing to leave that decision to a committee
[10:39] Sudane Erato: hehe.... no snow in portugal :)
[10:39] You: we only have a place here where it snows enough for skiing :)
[10:39] You: actually, i lived there for two years, many years ago :)
[10:39] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:39] Rose Springvale: there are two kinds of skiing in sl
[10:40] Rose Springvale: one is where you put on skis.. like bjerkel has for sale
[10:40] Rose Springvale: and just .. go
[10:40] Rose Springvale: the other is like the sleds and ice skates that i put in CN
[10:40] You: sort of alpine cross-country?
[10:40] Rose Springvale: where a hud waypoint path is created
[10:40] Rose Springvale: well,
[10:40] Rose Springvale: the hud type has both .. alpine and cross country
[10:40] Bjerkel Eerie: I used to work in a ski shop rl, and hve been sking in Europe for many seasons
[10:40] Rose Springvale: the diference is that it is a predetermined course
[10:41] Rose Springvale: and anyone can do it
[10:41] You: ehehe Bjerkel, would you like to coord the ski path thingy then? :)
[10:41] Rose Springvale: as opposed to free stlye
[10:41] Rose Springvale: whic is like.. riding a bike
[10:41] Sudane Erato: thats the kind i would need :)
[10:41] ThePrincess Parisi: but can you do both?
[10:41] Bjerkel Eerie: I would love too
[10:41] You: i can't ride a bike either lol
[10:41] Rose Springvale: i'll work with bjerkel
[10:41] Rose Springvale: moon, come to my office
[10:41] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:41] Rose Springvale: you can get one to practice on!
[10:41] You: ok, thanks Bjerkel, and thanks Rose
[10:41] You: everyone wanting to help with skis to join this workgroup :)
[10:42] You: second issue
[10:42] You: and before i forget lol
[10:42] You: as you all know
[10:42] You: elections in the CDS have happened this weekend
[10:42] You: by our charter
[10:43] You: we will need to elect Guild Sec now
[10:43] You: correct?
[10:43] Sudane Erato: Moon for secretary!
[10:43] Rose Springvale: second
[10:43] Jon Seattle: Yea!
[10:43] Rose Springvale: move noinations be closed
[10:43] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:43] Cindy Ecksol: gee, that was easy.....
[10:43] You: goodness, can't somebody run too?! :)
[10:43] Bromo Ivory: THIRD
[10:43] You: no lol
[10:43] Bromo Ivory feels sorry for Moon but hopes she will do it
[10:43] Sudane Erato: lol
[10:43] You: let's plan a schedule for these elections
[10:44] Bromo Ivory: HOw abotu now
[10:44] Delia Lake: no, Moon, just you
[10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: :***
[10:44] You: what about hmmm
[10:44] Moon Adamant gets a calendar
[10:44] Rose Springvale: nice try moon
[10:44] Bromo Ivory: :)
[10:44] Rose Springvale: call for vote!
[10:44] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:44] Sudane Erato: yes!
[10:44] Bromo Ivory: This is more of a draft, actually
[10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: i think so bromo
[10:44] You: 3rd Feb for elections?
[10:44] Rose Springvale: i thnk i have tar and feathers if we need them..
[10:44] Rose Springvale: eh
[10:45] You: that will give everyone willing to run 2 weeks to announce
[10:45] Bromo Ivory: Well I may have a net we can capture her and MAKE her be Sec.
[10:45] Sudane Erato: hehe... yes
[10:45] You: lol
[10:45] You: come on guys
[10:45] Rose Springvale: we could all boycott that meeting...
[10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: shes done a great job
[10:45] You: even if nobody else volunteers
[10:45] Cindy Ecksol: <thinking moon must have cotton in her ears...>
[10:45] Sudane Erato: hehehehe
[10:45] You: you know we must do this right :)
[10:45] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: :)
[10:46] You: so, do you all agree with holding elections on the 3rd Feb?
[10:46] Sudane Erato: ok
[10:46] Jon Seattle: yes
[10:46] Sudane Erato: 2 weeks
[10:46] Rose Springvale: if you would feel better
[10:47] You: ah btw
[10:47] You: these elections only for Guild Sec
[10:47] Rose Springvale: we already did faculty chair
[10:47] You: Faculty Chair must run her term in full i think
[10:47] You: yes
[10:47] You: yes, we did
[10:47] Rose Springvale: (arria is setting up a new exhibit too)
[10:48] You: ok
[10:48] You: 3rd point
[10:49] You: AM IPs report
[10:49] You: i am in missing there, as i haven't called teh Content Archivist yet
[10:49] You: but will do so this week
[10:49] Moon Adamant makes a note
[10:50] Moon Adamant listens to Delia
[10:50] Jon Seattle: I don't know if the chancellor has started asking builders to sign the agreement. I have not heard in any case :_
[10:50] Delia Lake: that raises the question for me, how should we set the river water and rocks?
[10:50] You: ah
[10:50] You: Delia, for teh moment, set them to group, unshared
[10:50] Delia Lake: ok
[10:50] You: group is land Verwal thingy
[10:51] Delia Lake: some of the pieces already are set that way
[10:51] Delia Lake: thx
[10:51] Bjerkel Eerie: i think they are all set lrady to that groupe
[10:52] You: Jon, i dunno either, but in any case, i remind everyone who has contributed with content that they can send me a list of the items so that i can prepare the contract forms
[10:52] You: mind you, i haven't done that myself yet lol
[10:52] Moon Adamant makes a note .)
[10:52] Bjerkel Eerie: I hve the cutests accent even if it is a little hard to understand sometimes!
[10:52] You: ok
[10:52] You: Altenstadt
[10:53] You: Sleazy has refreshed the thread
[10:53] You: so it is now the uppermost in the sim and city planning forum
[10:53] You: everyone wishing to comment, please do
[10:54] You: and thanks in any case to everyone who has already commented last year :)
[10:54] Delia Lake: there were proposals last yr. is there anything new added?
[10:55] You: no, what is in discussion is teh last version that Sleazy prepared
[10:55] Rose Springvale: i thought hte pond was new
[10:55] Delia Lake: ok. i missed that
[10:55] You: i have a few comments (really minor details) which i have tried to post already, but sometimes the forums say my posts are invalid... dunno.. i'll try again later
[10:55] Delia Lake: connecting to my pond?
[10:56] Rose Springvale sits on hands because she is always lost in NFS....
[10:56] You: hmmm, let me get the link
[10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: well darling
[10:57] MT Lundquist: er
[10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: we have a scandle
[10:57] MT Lundquist: lol
[10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: scandal
[10:57] MT Lundquist: maybe i should move
[10:58] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... a&start=15
[10:58] You: hm?
[10:59] Delia Lake: so the pond would be where the out take pipe is now
[10:59] Bromo Ivory: Oh, I have to go -
[10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: ok bye bromo
[10:59] Delia Lake: bye Bromo
[10:59] Bromo Ivory: I do like Sleazy's plan, though
[11:00] MT Lundquist: bye bromo
[11:00] You: Bye Bromo, thanks for showing by :)
[11:00] Rose Springvale: by bromo!
[11:00] You: and yes delia
[11:00] Rose Springvale: nice to have you back
[11:00] Jon Seattle: bye Bromo
[11:00] You: more or less so
[11:00] ThePrincess Parisi: he bought AM land
[11:00] Cindy Ecksol: ok, I'll avoid another interruption -- I have to go in about 2 minutes....
[11:00] Rose Springvale: no cindy, you can't sorry
[11:00] You: my comments will run basically in teh sense of how to use Sleazy's plan to connect to future NFS-Ost
[11:00] Rose Springvale: bromo only could because he's put in his time
[11:00] Jon Seattle: :D
[11:01] Cindy Ecksol: :-) well, I have a class at 2:05....
[11:01] Cindy Ecksol: uh, 11:05....
[11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: LOL
[11:01] MT Lundquist: lol
[11:01] You: ehehe good work then Cindy .)
[11:01] Delia Lake: bye Cindy
[11:01] Jon Seattle: bye Cindy
[11:01] Cindy Ecksol: BTW, I'm happy to work on anything that needs doing -- just let me know what I can help with
[11:01] MT Lundquist: bye cindy
[11:03] You: ok, guys
[11:03] You: altenstadt: please share your comments with us in that forum
[11:04] You: to see if we can redevelop that area in the end of teh winter/beginning of spring
[11:04] Sudane Erato: great!
[11:04] You: 4th point:
[11:04] You: NG finances
[11:04] You: Brian has created a blog for discussing and putting forward a financial plan for the Guild
[11:05] You: link is:
[11:05] You: http://ngfinance.blogspot.com/2008/01/f ... ogram.html
[11:05] You: i believe that if you want to comment into this, you may have to be registered in. Please call Brian for that.
[11:05] Rose Springvale: moon, last fall i met with pat and sudane and we discussed doing a CDS logo
[11:05] You: ok
[11:05] Rose Springvale: for builders that had met quality standards?
[11:05] You: yes
[11:06] Rose Springvale: sort of kick starting the Chamber of Commerce idea
[11:06] You: and in fact, last meeting we decide to launch a logo contest
[11:06] You: decided*
[11:06] Rose Springvale: maybe that could be worked into this program too..
[11:06] Rose Springvale: but that is different
[11:06] Rose Springvale: than a decal for contributing
[11:06] You: ah ok
[11:06] You: yes, you're right
[11:06] You: one thing is the Guild logo
[11:06] You: and another a CDS logo
[11:06] Rose Springvale: directly related to quality... so maybe the Guild could institute a Certification prcesse?
[11:07] You: eeek
[11:07] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:07] You: we certainly can
[11:07] You: but we will need to look very deeply into that
[11:07] You: so... another committee :)
[11:07] Rose Springvale: one i can't sit on :)
[11:07] Rose Springvale: maybe
[11:08] Rose Springvale: the faculty should handle it!
[11:08] Jon Seattle: yes, a good idea, though it is part of the facuty's mandate
[11:08] You: now really, we need a committee to think on that
[11:08] You: possibly, i'll mail Arria on that
[11:08] Rose Springvale: because they are already doing certification. lets move it to arrias agenda!
[11:09] You: there may be some part of the discussion that may pertain to the board, mind - all that relates to the admin bits of the certification process
[11:09] Rose Springvale: so is there a contest underway for the decal?
[11:09] You: but i'll talk with Arria first of all on that
[11:09] You: well, it's not exactly underway lol
[11:09] You: i have to announce it, but i think we need to prepare the rules first
[11:10] You: since it is the first way the Guild makes a contest
[11:10] Bjerkel Eerie: where do I learn more on this whole certification process?
[11:10] You: ehehe Bjerkel, we will be making it up as we go along :)
[11:10] You: but please talk to Arria Perrault, who is the Faculty Chair :)
[11:11] You: so i think i'll do this about teh rules
[11:11] You: i'll think on a draft, and post it for consideration on teh forums
[11:11] You: next week, we'll launch the contest after you've added your corrections and comments
[11:12] Moon Adamant looks at her notes
[11:12] You: ah yes
[11:12] You: last point: Masterplan
[11:12] You: i will have to look a bit closer to the RA Act that made the last Masterplan comission
[11:13] You: because i am not sure atm if the RA has to create a commission or if they can dump it on us directly
[11:13] You: can't remember the discussion back then
[11:14] You: and of course, in any case, the discussion back then didn't have the Guild as a factor
[11:14] You: so we will adjourn this point till next week, hopefully i'll have more info on that then
[11:14] You: so... i am left with asking if Any Other Business? :)
[11:14] Sudane Erato: none from me :)
[11:15] Rose Springvale: query re finances
[11:15] Jon Seattle: nope :)
[11:15] You: ok Rose
[11:15] Delia Lake: is there a target timeframe for Altenberg?
[11:15] Rose Springvale: do we need contributions to make tier?
[11:15] You: Rose: atm, not yet
[11:15] Rose Springvale: okay, thanks
[11:15] You: we are able to meet next 2-3 months
[11:15] You: Delia: i'd like to have Altenstadt redeveloped untill midspring
[11:16] You: because we don't really need much work in it
[11:16] Rose Springvale: by or until?
[11:16] Bjerkel Eerie: altenburg?? sorry I am new to teh discussion
[11:16] Sudane Erato: by
[11:16] You: untill
[11:16] You: lol
[11:16] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:16] You: what i mean is
[11:16] Rose Springvale: before spring?
[11:16] You: according to Sleazy's plan
[11:16] Delia Lake: ok. i do have an interest in it because it is almost the side and back yard of my townhouse :)
[11:16] You: we only need to make a pond and a dockway
[11:16] You: and teh street, of course
[11:16] Delia Lake: i would volunteer to make the pond
[11:17] You: the rest is private development
[11:17] You: thanks Delia :)
[11:17] Rose Springvale: cool, i'll get fish :)
[11:17] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:17] Delia Lake: BJ, you want to help with a waterfall and pond?
[11:17] Bjerkel Eerie: love too delia
[11:17] Delia Lake: my fish will be much happier then :)
[11:17] You: so, there is no reason that it won't be able to be done by some time in teh spring
[11:17] Delia Lake: sooner
[11:17] Rose Springvale: smile
[11:17] You: ehehe yes, possibly sooner
[11:18] Rose Springvale: they are fast. I'd love to come watch you girls
[11:18] You: but i like to give comfy schedules
[11:18] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:18] Sudane Erato: well... bye all
[11:18] Rose Springvale: bye sudane
[11:18] You: thanks everyone :)
[11:18] Sudane Erato: thx!
[11:18] Delia Lake: bye Sudane
[11:18] Bjerkel Eerie: when is spring thaw
[11:18] You: we are adjourned :)

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”