Guild Meeting Log - 24th Feb 2008

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting Log - 24th Feb 2008

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:20] ThePrincess Parisi: hi moon
[10:21] Jon Seattle: back :)
[10:21] MT Lundquist: wb
[10:21] Jon Seattle: thanks
[10:22] Jon Seattle: Hi Sudane :)
[10:22] ThePrincess Parisi: hi sudane
[10:22] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[10:22] MT Lundquist: hi sudane
[10:22] ThePrincess Parisi: did you see my fower cart
[10:22] Sudane Erato: i did!!
[10:22] Sudane Erato: beautiful... ty! :)
[10:22] ThePrincess Parisi: aww
[10:23] You: ok guys hmmm
[10:23] ThePrincess Parisi: i hope it gets traffic
[10:23] You: one minute while i look for something in my inventory
[10:24] Sudane Erato: i vite bfor upper right :)
[10:24] Sudane Erato: vote for
[10:25] You: ehehe
[10:25] You: these ere made by Symo
[10:25] Sudane Erato: they are great!!
[10:25] MT Lundquist: i like the upper right to
[10:25] You: we will discuss how to vote for them
[10:25] Sudane Erato: I like the upper left too... but it more blongs in the church
[10:25] Sudane Erato: *belongs
[10:26] You: in my opinion, they should be in show for a bit more...
[10:26] You decline 'Guildlogos' ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Neufreistadt/246/242/176 ) from guildlogos.
[10:26] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:26] Sudane Erato: awwww Moon :)
[10:26] guildlogos owned by Moon Adamant gave you 'Guildlogos' ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Neufreistadt/246/242/176 ).
[10:27] You: well, it's only us here.... not even Symo is here to explain them to us
[10:27] Sudane Erato: you are right
[10:27] Jon Seattle notices the masonic symbolism :)
[10:27] ThePrincess Parisi: freemasons?
[10:27] ThePrincess Parisi: nooo
[10:28] You: so i'll possibly ask him to post them in the forum, where he can explain teh designs
[10:28] Sudane Erato: :).... why not?
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: snap jon
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: we arent the freemasons
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: i like the bottom right
[10:28] You: and where i can set a poll, which peopel can vote in
[10:28] Sudane Erato: tell him to supply a tex without the alpha channel :)
[10:28] You: what do you think?
[10:28] Sudane Erato: i can hardly see it :)
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: yeaah
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: he just logged off
[10:28] MT Lundquist: yes it is shifting
[10:29] You: yes, i'll talk to him about then supplying a hi-res non-alpha texture
[10:29] You: brb
[10:29] Jon Seattle: well, freemasons did originally come from stone mason guilds :)
[10:29] Sudane Erato: yes... they did
[10:29] Sudane Erato: its quite appropriate
[10:29] Jon Seattle: nods
[10:30] Sudane Erato: we are indeed builders with philosoplucal motivations
[10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: well but its thelogo identically with a owl in it
[10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: idk
[10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: what about the lower left its similar but not identical
[10:30] You: ok, so is this a plan?
[10:30] Valus Valiant: hello !
[10:31] ThePrincess Parisi: yeah that makes sensemoons
[10:31] ThePrincess Parisi: hi vslus
[10:31] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[10:31] You: pass the explanation and voting for the forumns?
[10:31] ThePrincess Parisi: valus
[10:31] You: ok
[10:31] MT Lundquist: hi valus
[10:31] Sudane Erato: sit down!
[10:31] You: hello Valus
[10:31] MT Lundquist: hi bromo
[10:31] Valus Valiant: hoping not to disturb, I wish to introduce me :)
[10:31] ThePrincess Parisi: hehehhe
[10:31] You: and hi Bromo
[10:31] ThePrincess Parisi: bromo goes shopping
[10:31] Sudane Erato: Value, come and sit
[10:31] Jon Seattle: Hi Bromo
[10:31] You: you don't disturb at all, please sit down
[10:31] Sudane Erato: you are welcome here
[10:32] MT Lundquist: nice head band
[10:32] Sudane Erato: hehe... but only if you fix that AO! :)
[10:32] You: just bear in mind that a trasncript of this meeting will published in our forums
[10:32] MT Lundquist: perfumed of course i guess
[10:32] Valus Valiant: I'm a new resident in Alpine Meadow
[10:32] ThePrincess Parisi lifts her hands up and crosses her fingers in front of her face at bromo
[10:32] ThePrincess Parisi: hi valus
[10:32] ThePrincess Parisi: welcome to cds
[10:32] You: welcome then Valus :)
[10:33] Jon Seattle: Hi Valus
[10:33] Valus Valiant: I've just finished my house there
[10:33] Bromo Ivory: Its near my house - its great!
[10:33] ThePrincess Parisi: i havnt seen it yet
[10:33] Valus Valiant: thanks Bromo
[10:33] Valus Valiant: I've tried to do my best
[10:34] You: ok
[10:34] You: hmmm
[10:34] You: certification programme
[10:34] You: still in thinking
[10:34] You: also, i think Arria may not be around today
[10:34] You: more on that later on
[10:35] ThePrincess Parisi: the pipster
[10:35] You: hi Pip
[10:35] MT Lundquist: hi pip
[10:35] Valus Valiant: hi Pip!
[10:35] Jon Seattle: Hi pip
[10:36] Jon Seattle: Ah, saw you at the concert pip! :) Did you like it?
[10:36] Pip Torok: so is this a happening or is it something formal?
[10:36] Jon Seattle: New Guild meeting
[10:36] Sudane Erato: Formal!!
[10:36] Pip Torok: which concert!
[10:36] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:36] Pip Torok: should i be here?
[10:36] Jon Seattle: Pip, piano, Music Island, Sea Turtle
[10:36] Sudane Erato: yes!
[10:36] Pip Torok: ok ....
[10:36] Sudane Erato: all citizens are welcome
[10:36] Jon Seattle: Pip, everyone is welcome
[10:37] Pip Torok: gives me that warm feeling!!!
[10:37] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:37] You: ok guys
[10:37] You: sim expansion and masterplan
[10:38] Valus Valiant: oh interesting
[10:38] Valus Valiant: are there expansion plans? for which sim?
[10:38] You: perhaps our RA reps here would like to brief us on the last discussion on this on the RA?
[10:39] ThePrincess Parisi: we are going to expan d CDS val
[10:39] ThePrincess Parisi: with a new sim
[10:39] Valus Valiant: sorry, what is RA?
[10:39] ThePrincess Parisi: we passed cdfs bill
[10:39] You: Representativa Assembly
[10:39] ThePrincess Parisi: jon .. are you the head of cdsf?
[10:39] You: Representative*
[10:39] Jon Seattle: Princess, nope!
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: well let me give you the notecard
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: !
[10:40] Valus Valiant: is there a theme for the new sim?
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: i see
[10:40] You: Jon is interim sec-general
[10:40] Jon Seattle: Well, not even that. Meeting aranger :D
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: we are going to implement moons plan
[10:40] You: at least he was in the last meeting i attended :)
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: :)
[10:40] You: ok
[10:41] You: as you all know
[10:41] You: or may not know, the new citizens
[10:41] You: the CDS is a territory that is currently being expanded
[10:41] You decline "In-theme" Expansion Enablement Bill from MT Lundquist.
[10:42] You: following a masterplan that was defined by a RA committee last year
[10:42] You: thanks MT, i got it
[10:42] You: let me get the masterplan out too btw
[10:43] ThePrincess Parisi: ty moon
[10:43] You: oops
[10:43] You: Sudane, you'll later on have to correct that wall :(
[10:44] You: sorry :((
[10:44] Sudane Erato: which wall ?
[10:44] You: the one i just painted with the masterplan :P
[10:44] Sudane Erato: haha
[10:44] Sudane Erato: np :)
[10:44] Sudane Erato: maybe it SHOULD be painted with the masterplan
[10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: i think so
[10:44] Sudane Erato: so people remember that it exists
[10:45] Jon Seattle: :D
[10:45] You: well, i think the gothic windows more decorative :)
[10:45] Jon Seattle: indeed!
[10:45] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:45] Sudane Erato: awwww.. shucks :)
[10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: oh ikes
[10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: well
[10:45] You: well, let me paint it for the time being for not being confusing
[10:46] ThePrincess Parisi: at least i didnt do it
[10:47] Valus Valiant: brb, sorry
[10:47] Valus Valiant: hope to find you here
[10:47] You: ok
[10:48] You: so on the walls near the door
[10:48] ThePrincess Parisi: nice
[10:48] You: you have the masterplan that was approved last year
[10:49] You: and over the door, the AM information that must be added to the masterplan
[10:49] Pip Torok: can i have a copy of that ple moon?
[10:49] Pip Torok: pls
[10:49] You: of which?
[10:49] Pip Torok: the masterplan
[10:49] You: sure, just a sec
[10:49] Pip Torok: tks
[10:50] You: i suppose you prefer the plans... the side cut is THE most outdated frawing, and was only an auxiliray to show the levels of NFS and CN
[10:50] Jon Seattle: I should mention, since it has come up, that this is a topological plan, it does not necessarily set theme.
[10:51] Pip Torok: yes pls i prefer what youv got
[10:51] Pip Torok accepted your inventory offer.
[10:51] You: the reasons behind the masterplan were several
[10:52] You: these discussions are somewhere in teh forum
[10:52] You: but for short
[10:52] You: we had a problem which was CRUCIAL
[10:52] MT Lundquist: hi brian
[10:52] You: NFS was too high
[10:52] ThePrincess Parisi: hi pb
[10:52] You: hi Brian
[10:52] Jon Seattle: Hi Brian :)
[10:53] You: so we needed to bring down the territory untill we could work from the operative base of teh water level
[10:53] Brian Livingston: Hi all
[10:53] You: while NFS's operative level was the cloud level
[10:53] Pip Torok: i see
[10:53] You: at the same time, we already had a second theme in our territory
[10:53] You: and that is CN
[10:54] You: now, CN was planned from the beginning to be able to expand
[10:54] You: something which NFS wasn't quite
[10:54] You: thus we are looking atm at the Altenstadt area
[10:54] You: to see if we can open there for a future NFS Ost
[10:55] You: and taht's what you see in the lowest drawing
[10:55] Sudane Erato: i need to interject here
[10:55] You: listens
[10:55] Sudane Erato: that at the moment, at our current location on the grid
[10:55] PMRobert Walpole: Good evening
[10:55] Sudane Erato: we cannot expand to the east or to the SE
[10:56] Sudane Erato: please check out this thread on the form, which includes a map
[10:56] Sudane Erato: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1553
[10:56] ThePrincess Parisi: well that is good it simplifies things
[10:56] Sudane Erato: I refer to NFS
[10:56] ThePrincess Parisi: hi pmr
[10:56] You: but we can change our location in map, right?
[10:57] Sudane Erato: yes, as i understand it
[10:57] Sudane Erato: if we order a sim in a space that is not available
[10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: well lets just move with what we can do easily then
[10:57] Sudane Erato: then LL will alow us to move the enture continent
[10:57] Sudane Erato: supposedly for free
[10:57] Pip Torok: ??? free?
[10:57] Sudane Erato: that is Desmond's assertion, anyway
[10:57] MT Lundquist: makes sense
[10:57] Brian Livingston: hmm, interesting
[10:58] MT Lundquist: from an it point of view
[10:58] Sudane Erato: yes, only if we seek to buy an unavailable space
[10:58] MT Lundquist: IT
[10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: but we can expand in the other directions with no problem now? np lets just do that
[10:58] Sudane Erato: yes, we can... at least one sim space
[10:59] Sudane Erato: you can see on the post I just gave you
[10:59] You: was reading just that comment by Desmond's
[10:59] MT Lundquist: which ones that
[10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[10:59] You: but guys
[10:59] Sudane Erato: some of Des's comments were in emails i had with him
[10:59] You: before we pick any sim
[10:59] Pip Torok: i take it that if we do expand piecemeal there are plans to develep it?
[11:00] You: you will notice from teh approved bill that the RA will pick the theme
[11:00] You: and will give us a nice full set of specs :)
[11:00] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:00] ThePrincess Parisi: so you need a theme to move forward moon?
[11:00] Sudane Erato: excellent! :)
[11:00] You: oh
[11:00] Pip Torok: seconded
[11:00] You: Princess, atm we have two themes in our territory
[11:00] ThePrincess Parisi: yes i know
[11:01] Pip Torok: better than none tho
[11:01] You: plus a third theme that was proposed, but wasn't applied yet, which is a greek theme - Nea Hora
[11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: but you said the RA has to pick one?
[11:01] Jon Seattle: (2.5 :D )
[11:01] Sudane Erato: and new sim does not need a *new* theme
[11:01] MT Lundquist: do we have as suggestion for RA
[11:01] You: well, from my reading of teh doument
[11:01] You: the theme to expand is ONE of the specs
[11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: we need t o just stick to pats plan i think
[11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: expanding the theme
[11:02] You: yes, but which?
[11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: roman
[11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: i mean beathan liked it too
[11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: and pat
[11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: can we vote today
[11:03] You: i am afraid i will have to insist on a vote on that :)
[11:03] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: well lets get it on the agenda today then...huh brian?
[11:03] Pip Torok: hi Rose
[11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: hi rose!!
[11:03] MT Lundquist: hi rose
[11:03] You: hey Rose
[11:03] Rose Springvale: hi all
[11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: good to see you
[11:03] Rose Springvale: sorr i'm late.. didn't get a notice
[11:04] Brian Livingston: A dense Roman uran residential type theme woul be nice, but by the sae token the fastest selling an most continuously held plots it seemsh ae been outer wall plots. Then again, it sees I a starting to get into the RA's responsibility for sim specs so I'll pipe down :p
[11:04] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:04] You: :)
[11:04] You: well
[11:04] Jon Seattle: Hi Rose :)
[11:04] You: if we are to expand CN
[11:04] You: i mean, if that will be the RA choice
[11:05] You: we can expand it in villae mainly
[11:05] You: as for myself
[11:05] You: i am all for a model of development that follows the AM development
[11:05] You: Guild will do planning, parcelment, infrastructure
[11:06] You: and now i'll have to bite my tongue
[11:06] You: and cfess that i had to change my mind
[11:06] Jon Seattle: Oh, not too hard I hope!
[11:06] You: so, for discussion now between us
[11:06] You: rationale:
[11:07] You: if the Guild develops minimally (as Guild, you see)
[11:07] You: and the plots are filled by the residenst, with recourse or not to Guild artificers
[11:07] You: how to control quality?
[11:08] You: opinions, please
[11:08] Jon Seattle: Its a good point.
[11:08] Rose Springvale: i love the building reveiw committee of slne
[11:08] MT Lundquist: building regs i would have thought
[11:08] You: MT, those we already have
[11:08] Rose Springvale: our covenants are too complicated already, we need to insert some subjectivity
[11:09] You: yes, that was what i was going to say next
[11:09] You: peopel always complain our covenants are too complex :)
[11:09] Pip Torok: I think the real thing to concentrate on is the residents commitment to free-speech and democracy
[11:10] Rose Springvale: Sudane, how hard is it to keept he slne building committee going?
[11:10] Pip Torok: i.e. the basic ideas behind C.D.S
[11:10] MT Lundquist: even so i would have thought they would be sufficient to control quality
[11:10] ThePrincess Parisi: i like a building review committee too..and making things be preapproved fro theme etc.
[11:10] You: also, MT
[11:10] Jon Seattle: Pip. New Guild deals more with land and building issues :)
[11:10] Sudane Erato: it requires a lot of work and a very single minded devotion to the theme
[11:10] You: the covenants are at the same time building regs, but they're also guidelines for the Chanc
[11:10] Pip Torok: understood
[11:11] ThePrincess Parisi: ulimately the chancellor decided
[11:11] ThePrincess Parisi: decides
[11:11] You: yes
[11:11] You: my thoughts on this
[11:11] You: well, from RL
[11:11] You: when you build something in your property that's not up to norms
[11:12] You: and the townhall officer comes by and fines you...
[11:12] You: it's not pleasant
[11:12] Sudane Erato: you just pay off the town officer
[11:12] Sudane Erato: and all is well
[11:12] You: well, that too
[11:12] Rose Springvale: and very hard on community development
[11:12] ThePrincess Parisi: or makes you take it down i cannot so much as move a chair into my front patio or change anythin g without approval
[11:12] You: so my thinking here is... wouldn't it be better if we could be preventive rather than punitive?
[11:12] ThePrincess Parisi: just doing it before i get approval makes any building or change worng and i have to remove it
[11:12] ThePrincess Parisi: yes pre approval is good
[11:13] Pip Torok: agree
[11:13] You: another thing for thought
[11:13] Sudane Erato: in New England all builds are made at a height of 500 meters
[11:13] You: how can we help the Chancellor in this, or how can he help us?
[11:13] Sudane Erato: and only put on the ground when approved
[11:13] ThePrincess Parisi: clear covenents with a clasue that he can use if it just "isnt workign for us"
[11:14] Pip Torok: but then what happens when the Chancellor carries out the build?
[11:14] ThePrincess Parisi: i love that sudane
[11:14] ThePrincess Parisi: you ean his house?
[11:14] Rose Springvale: it works well imho for slne
[11:14] ThePrincess Parisi: it will be greek
[11:14] ThePrincess Parisi: jk
[11:14] You: ok, this is food for thought
[11:15] Rose Springvale: i'd support a building commitee made up of faculty Moon
[11:15] You: i would like this discussion to proceed
[11:15] Jon Seattle: Well, SLNE has a somewhat different population, and more relaxed in terms of space?
[11:15] Rose Springvale: because i think it is important that and pre approval be in the hands of certifed people.. not popular ones
[11:15] Pip Torok: agree
[11:15] ThePrincess Parisi: i like that too rose
[11:15] ThePrincess Parisi: ouwie
[11:15] You: Ah Rose, Arria must be in this discussion for sure
[11:15] Sudane Erato: most parcels there are much bigger than most here, if thats what you mean
[11:16] Rose Springvale: yes.
[11:16] Rose Springvale: well no
[11:16] Rose Springvale: lol i mean yes arria should be involved
[11:16] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:16] You: so this is my opinion
[11:16] Rose Springvale: but not suggesting that we can't talk about it.. i'd be .. ahem. very disturbed if the secretary of the guild weren't the head of such a committee :)
[11:16] You: about Masterplan, new sim, and specs
[11:17] You: uh
[11:17] Rose Springvale: smiles
[11:17] You: i was just hoping that the secretary of the guild wouldn't be the head of such a comitee :P
[11:17] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:17] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:17] Rose Springvale: smiles
[11:17] ThePrincess Parisi: it should be separate it seems
[11:17] Rose Springvale: sorry, we DO have standarss!
[11:17] ThePrincess Parisi: but certified
[11:17] ThePrincess Parisi: maybe rose
[11:17] Rose Springvale: and the secretary of hte guild is the only one with the real vision complete, imho
[11:18] Rose Springvale: with a few others in this room also needed :)
[11:18] Brian Livingston: Sorry, I'm going to run, I'm pretty under the weather today and thought I was up to sitting o meetings but yea, not so much. Sorry and Ill read the transcripts later :/
[11:18] ThePrincess Parisi: ohh feel better brian
[11:18] Rose Springvale: sorry brian. :(
[11:18] You: oh Brian, thanks!
[11:18] Jon Seattle: Bye Brian! :)
[11:18] Sudane Erato: feel better brian
[11:18] Brian Livingston: bye
[11:18] You: and feel better soon!
[11:18] Jon Seattle: Hop you feel better
[11:18] Jon Seattle: *Hope
[11:18] You: ok guys
[11:18] Bromo Ivory: Bye Brian - get better!
[11:18] MT Lundquist: bye brian
[11:18] You: so let's do this
[11:19] You: first of all, the RA is going to discuss a nice set of specs for us for teh new sim, including a vote on the theme to be made next
[11:19] You: while they do that :)
[11:20] PMRobert Walpole: moon for those who are new - can we see the master plan with available spaces if possible?
[11:20] You: we will discuss the implementation of an approval committee
[11:20] You: sure, it's next to teh door
[11:20] Jon Seattle: Hi RW
[11:20] You: mind only it lacks teh AM info still
[11:20] You: it's the square between CN and NFS
[11:20] PMRobert Walpole: ah yes thank you
[11:21] PMRobert Walpole: and which one are we thinking of developing next?
[11:21] You: we don't know yet
[11:21] You: RA will decide that
[11:22] PMRobert Walpole: oh right, thank you
[11:22] You: or possibly, decide in which cluster it will be, and we will then make that decision... process there is a bit versatile
[11:23] You: As for the logos for the Guild Symo did, i'll talk to him, and try an organize an exhibition for those, and a poll
[11:23] Rose Springvale: yes!
[11:23] You: ok guys
[11:23] You: any other business?
[11:24] Rose Springvale: one point of interest
[11:24] You: Rose: certification process is already being discussed between Arria nd myself, we are trying to define a process and aims
[11:24] You: but very vague for the moment
[11:25] Rose Springvale: if you all haven't met Valus Valiant and seen his new contruction in AM, you realy should stop by.. i think you will love how it's so much what we envisioned for AM
[11:25] Pip Torok: seconded
[11:25] Rose Springvale: historicall and qualit wise.. just great
[11:25] You: i saw it the other day and quite liked it indeed
[11:25] Rose Springvale: realizes her "y" is sticking lol
[11:25] Rose Springvale: he added a Rascard on frida
[11:26] Rose Springvale: with chickens!
[11:26] Sudane Erato: yum!
[11:26] Rose Springvale: LOL
[11:26] You: ok guys
[11:27] You: shall we adjourn?
[11:27] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:27] Rose Springvale: :)
[11:27] Jon Seattle: Sure :)
[11:27] Rose Springvale: thanks moon
[11:27] You: thanks everyone
[11:27] Sudane Erato: ty Moon!
[11:27] Rose Springvale: pokes the notice mailer side of moon
[11:27] Rose Springvale: :)
[11:27] You: for reference, thsi will be posted at the forums, usual thread
[11:28] You: os Rose, sorry
[11:28] You: but i am half awke only!
[11:28] ThePrincess Parisi: moon .. can we support our fine builders also
[11:28] Rose Springvale: delegate!
[11:28] Rose Springvale: :)
[11:28] ThePrincess Parisi: by having a set of preapproved homes.. and not more than one used
[11:28] You: i am always willing to delegate :)
[11:28] ThePrincess Parisi: so we can have our builder/citixen s do some to sell
[11:28] You: sure Princess
[11:29] Rose Springvale: volunteers to be secretary to the Secretary if needed
[11:29] You: one of teh objetives of teh guild is also to provide quality of building for the citizenry
[11:29] ThePrincess Parisi: you know also, being involved in building a sim is really exciting .. so ..i hope we get the most of our new ppl to work as well
[11:29] You: eheheh Rose, you're hired :)
[11:29] Rose Springvale: smile
[11:30] Rose Springvale: see you soon
[11:30] Rose Springvale: meeting over yes?
[11:30] You: yup. meeting over!
[11:30] You: Reps to go and have a grog before RA :)
[11:30] MT Lundquist: lol
[11:30] ThePrincess Parisi: lol
[11:30] ThePrincess Parisi: thank you moon
[11:30] You: thank you guys :)

EDIT: wrong date

Last edited by Moon Adamant on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eudaimonia now!
User avatar
symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:14 am

Re: Guild Meeting Log - 24th Nov 2008

Post by symokurka »

Ok I'll try to post in here images and explanations b4 tomorrow.
S. :lol:

User avatar
symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:14 am

Re: Guild Meeting Log - 24th Nov 2008

Post by symokurka »

GUILD LOGOS’ SHORT EXPLANATIONS (can be seen soon in world at NFS School entrance 245.245.176)
V_2
(from left to right)

Vitruvian Man
(Source Leonardo da Vinci’s drawing, 1492. Renaissance genius). The image represents the ideal human body’s proportions and its relations to geometry, architecture, nature and universe. It also symbolizes man beeing at the center of material (the square) and spiritual (the circle) needs.

Square and compass
(Source Freemasonry, date unknown.).
Originally symbol of ancient guilds and of architects’ tools, this image is adapted from the symbol of Masonry. Possible meanings are square as virtue, compass as keeping passions under control. Judgement and discerniment.

Modulor
(Source Le Corbusier’s drawing, 1948. Architect). Following the tradition of Vitruvius and Leonardo da Vinci, the image is a study of mathematical proportions in the human body, “universally applicable to architecture and to mechanical objects”.

Golden compass
(Source Ponti-Rosselli, 1954. Designers). This compass symbolizes the golden ratio and is a brand of a famous industrial design Italian award.

Compass rose
(Source Unknown, 14th century AD).
The symbol appeared on charts and maps in 1300 to indicate the directions of the winds. It indicated also main cardinal directions and symbolizes the skill of orienteering on land and sea.

Pentalpha
(Source Pythagoras, 6th Century BC. Mathematician). This symbol has a huge amount of meanings. Eg. in maths represents the golden ratio (the perfect numbers’ harmony), in astrology it’s associated with Venus (light and knowledge), in philosophy with the five elements (spirit, air, earth, fire, water).

User avatar
symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:14 am

Re: Guild Meeting Log - 24th Nov 2008

Post by symokurka »

Hmmm though i keep believeing that a black background would be more elegant....

User avatar
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:44 am
Contact:

Re: Guild Meeting Log - 24th Nov 2008

Post by Sudane Erato »

Here are the images:

Attachments
guildlogo_series_V1_copy.jpg
guildlogo_series_V1_copy.jpg (67.44 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:19 pm

Re: Guild Meeting Log - 24th Nov 2008

Post by Brian Livingston »

Hi!

I just had an idea for a possible New Guild Logo, which I've posted two renditions of below.

newguildlogoc.jpg
newguildlogoc.jpg (16.24 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
newguildlogod.jpg
newguildlogod.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

Just a quick idea I had while reading and figured I'd toss together a draft for consideration.

--BL

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”