Guild Meeting Log - 2nd March 2008

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting Log - 2nd March 2008

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:13] Symo Kurka gave you AM LAND SURVEY_V1.
[10:13] You: and Symo, thanks :)
[10:13] Symo Kurka: Oh np
[10:13] Rose Springvale: next she's going to be after your agenda.... lol
[10:14] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:14] Symo Kurka: just need to talk a bit about it
[10:14] Arria Perreault: is it the survey?
[10:14] You: aaah, thank you, this is going to be sweet for the masterplan :)
[10:14] Symo Kurka: yes
[10:14] Rose Springvale: detailed!
[10:14] You: hmmm
[10:14] Rose Springvale: notes are loading slow too .. sighhh
[10:15] Symo Kurka: yes it's a huge note
[10:15] You: ok guys, up in the air
[10:15] Symo Kurka: but we can split it
[10:15] Arria Perreault: i'll be partly present
[10:15] You: goodness, Inv IS slow today!
[10:15] Rose Springvale: i had to close the note and open it from inventory
[10:16] Rose Springvale: Symo, you did a lot of work1
[10:16] Symo Kurka: well not so much
[10:16] Symo Kurka: it took one week
[10:16] Symo Kurka: 5/6 hours
[10:16] Symo Kurka: and update will be much easier
[10:17] Symo Kurka: now .. are we recording Moon?
[10:17] You: thank you very much Symo :)
[10:17] You: yes, we are
[10:17] Symo Kurka: Ok
[10:17] Symo Kurka: i suggest that we look for a volunteer in CN and another in NFS
[10:17] Symo Kurka: i'll teach them how to do
[10:17] ThePrincess Parisi: a volunteer for what?
[10:17] You: may i trouble to ask you to send Rudeen Edo a copy of it, btw?
[10:18] Symo Kurka: sure
[10:18] Symo Kurka: to extend the Land Surbey TPP
[10:18] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[10:18] Symo Kurka: *survey
[10:18] Symo Kurka: Arria could you help us with this?
[10:18] Rose Springvale: Antonius woudl be a good person for CN
[10:19] You: the Neufreistadt map is specially outdated
[10:19] Rose Springvale: if he has time
[10:19] ThePrincess Parisi: hes too busy rose
[10:19] Rose Springvale: tony?
[10:19] Rose Springvale: i saw him the other day,didn't seem busy
[10:19] You: he will be a bit busy for a while now
[10:19] You: but you can always ask him
[10:19] ThePrincess Parisi: he told me he was, whatever
[10:19] You: worst he can say is 'no' :)
[10:19] ThePrincess Parisi: hes in shcool.. he doesnt even log in every day
[10:20] Rose Springvale: yes, i think a lot of people are busy
[10:20] Rose Springvale: i mean.. we get moon here!
[10:20] Symo Kurka: yes we all are busy
[10:21] Rose Springvale: i'll ask him if you want Moon
[10:21] You: we'll both ask, whoever catches him first
[10:21] Rose Springvale: seems like somethign he'd have the skills for
[10:21] Rose Springvale: good
[10:21] You: i have him on Gtalk
[10:21] Rose Springvale: since he is moving to portugal....
[10:21] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:21] You: the things you guys know :)
[10:21] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:22] You: but in any case only for the the next school term lol
[10:22] You: year*
[10:22] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:22] You: ok guys
[10:23] You: but i agree that Symo has done a wonderful work here
[10:23] Symo Kurka: ty :))
[10:23] Rose Springvale: claps for symo!
[10:23] You: and we surely could use something like this for teh other sims
[10:23] You: specially for NFS
[10:23] You: since the old Anzere plan is quite different from the actual NFS sim
[10:24] Rose Springvale: there are a lot of people .. me included...
[10:24] You: so, should we discuss this materplan thingy?
[10:24] Rose Springvale: who could really uses maps of NFS lol
[10:24] Symo Kurka: well we have to decide if we have any priorities in cartographic base
[10:24] You: road intersections
[10:24] ThePrincess Parisi: yay symo
[10:24] You: vital for NFS expansion
[10:25] Symo Kurka: So the choice is that NFS be expanded?
[10:25] You: no, that's not our choice
[10:25] You: to make that is
[10:25] MT Lundquist: hi all
[10:25] You: but when that choise is made
[10:25] Symo Kurka: Hi Mt
[10:25] You: choice*
[10:25] You: we need to know where NFS is exactly
[10:26] Symo Kurka: kk
[10:26] You: because the cartographic indications in teh old Anzere plan aren't correct
[10:26] You: hi MT :)
[10:26] Rose Springvale: symo, are you aware of the history?
[10:26] MT Lundquist: hi moon
[10:26] Symo Kurka: not really
[10:26] You: well, it's ismple
[10:26] Rose Springvale: that NFS is based off a mainland area called Anzere
[10:27] You: exactly
[10:27] Rose Springvale: we still maintain as a telehub
[10:27] You: and then was transplanted to this sim
[10:27] You: sort of linden-copied to here
[10:27] You: BUT
[10:27] Rose Springvale: which is why its so high :)
[10:27] You: not really
[10:27] Rose Springvale: no?
[10:27] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:27] Rose Springvale: that's the myth i spread :)
[10:27] You: because i think that NFS was raised in relation to Anzere
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: i herd it was a contest and built in the air
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: *heard
[10:28] You: ah, that i don't remember
[10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: lol
[10:28] You: when i came to anzere the first time, the platz was already being built in place
[10:29] You: anyway
[10:29] ThePrincess Parisi: i see
[10:29] Brian Livingston: Neualtenburg was the only proposal for the Anzere project if i recall correctly
[10:29] You: i think so too
[10:29] Brian Livingston: But I digress
[10:29] Rose Springvale: Symo, Neualtenburg is the former name of NFS
[10:29] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:29] You: because it was done by Kendra and Ulrika themselves
[10:29] You: anyway
[10:29] You: this is history :)
[10:30] Symo Kurka: while we look for a volunteer i can track the roads' grid if necessary
[10:30] You: we now have three sims, and a masterplan which needs to be completed
[10:30] You: and corrected
[10:30] You: so i woul dsuggest a workgroup to be created
[10:30] You: what do you all think?
[10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: sounds good
[10:31] Rose Springvale: how technical is the work?
[10:31] Rose Springvale: is it just time?
[10:31] Symo Kurka: i agree
[10:31] MT Lundquist: i agree
[10:31] You: symo, you shoudl talk to Sudane btw
[10:31] Brian Livingston: Sounds good
[10:31] Symo Kurka: yes... hoped she was here
[10:31] You: because there was an old version of the land management system
[10:31] You: that worked a bit like this
[10:32] Symo Kurka: i know
[10:32] You: it was a bot that moved... say, each 4 metres at the time
[10:32] You: and recorded the owner of teh parcel
[10:32] Symo Kurka: but i did this map with "traditional" methods
[10:32] You: if it coudl be adapted, it would save work
[10:32] Symo Kurka: on site survey lol
[10:32] You: lol
[10:32] Symo Kurka: cheap and accurate anyway
[10:33] Jon Seattle: Hi :)
[10:33] Symo Kurka: Hi Jon
[10:33] You: it is so
[10:33] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[10:33] You: so what i propose is this
[10:34] Jon Seattle hugs Moon
[10:34] You: let's call definetely the masterplan commission
[10:34] You: in which we will specifically ask for people willing to learn cartographic techniques .)
[10:34] You: (sounds alluring? :)
[10:35] Symo Kurka: any arhitecture students in CDS?
[10:35] Rose Springvale: tony lol
[10:35] You: Tony
[10:35] Symo Kurka: and the new italian..
[10:35] Symo Kurka: Valis
[10:35] Rose Springvale: yes valus
[10:35] You: well, myself technically yes as well
[10:35] Rose Springvale: satir might help
[10:35] Jon Seattle: Brian I think is urban planning.
[10:35] Symo Kurka: *valus
[10:36] You: ah, i didn't know that Valus was too
[10:36] Suksuk Memel: good evening! Is this public?
[10:36] ThePrincess Parisi: seems we need to make the request for volunteers as open as possible instead of just seeing who we know who we want
[10:36] ThePrincess Parisi: per jons post
[10:36] You: hello Suksuk, yes it is
[10:36] Symo Kurka: city planning is based on a safe cartography of wxisting sims
[10:36] Brian Livingston: I had to take Cartography calsses for my Geography degree but wooo those skills are gone
[10:36] You: please join us, our chat is transcripted later into the NFS forums
[10:36] Suksuk Memel: I heard about your city in a book about SL
[10:36] Rose Springvale: i think it's important to ask people too, as most dont' read forums
[10:37] You: well, Rose, can you ask then Tony and Valus?
[10:37] Suksuk Memel: may I sit and listen?
[10:37] ThePrincess Parisi: well we can outreach in other ways than the forum
[10:37] Jon Seattle: Sorry for being late -- what are you looking for?
[10:37] You: cartographers
[10:37] ThePrincess Parisi: i dont think we need to decide who the volutneers are moon
[10:37] Rose Springvale: perhaps a group notice would be best?
[10:37] Symo Kurka: why not
[10:37] ThePrincess Parisi: we need an open call to volutneers a lot of ppl are feeling as if they arent inclueded and we need to invite everyone .. espeically new ppl
[10:37] You: thus is was suggesting to call for the workgroup on the foruns
[10:37] ThePrincess Parisi: because jon posted it
[10:38] Jon Seattle: Ah, I have a MA degree in geography, with lots of work GIS. I do a bit from time to time.
[10:38] Symo Kurka: i think the group notice is a good idea
[10:38] Jon Seattle: What sort of cartography?
[10:38] You: we can do both
[10:38] You: Jon, look at the sim survey Symo has done
[10:39] You: over where Suksuk is sitting
[10:39] Jon Seattle: The plot map. nods.
[10:39] You: we are looking at it as a first step towards completing the masterplan
[10:39] Rose Springvale: take the notecard JOn
[10:40] Jon Seattle: does AH2 really have that little corner on it :)
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: where are the note cards
[10:40] Symo Kurka: yes it does
[10:40] Rose Springvale: click the map
[10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: oh got it
[10:40] Jon Seattle: got it also.
[10:40] You: yes, the plots were a bit twiddled to match the precise areas
[10:41] Rose Springvale: is twiddled a term of art? :)
[10:41] Jon Seattle: Rose, one of the most important skills ! :D
[10:41] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:41] You: ok guys
[10:41] You: to bring this discussion to a close
[10:41] You: we'll do this
[10:42] Jon Seattle: Wow, so this is a very detailed survey. Are you looking for a releif map?
[10:42] You: i'll call for a masterplan workgroup in the foruns
[10:42] ThePrincess Parisi: and the CDS group?
[10:42] You: with objectives
[10:42] ThePrincess Parisi: and can you also put a list out and maybe well, a notice up ? in world
[10:42] You: when i have done so, then we can send a notice with the URL :)
[10:43] Symo Kurka: k Moon
[10:43] ThePrincess Parisi: ok thanks moon we need to get as a many ppl involved and feel welcome as possible
[10:43] You: yes
[10:43] You: though mind that this discussion will be eminently technical
[10:43] Symo Kurka: yes but i would also prefer a little professionality in city planning
[10:43] Symo Kurka: :)
[10:44] Rose Springvale: perhaps
[10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: well we have to let ppl who want to also participate
[10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: volunteers
[10:44] Rose Springvale: the faculty can run some preliminary classes
[10:44] Symo Kurka: of course
[10:44] You: surely
[10:44] Arria Perreault: sure
[10:44] Symo Kurka: ppl can participate to debate
[10:44] Rose Springvale: so that the workgroup can spend its time working instead of teachine
[10:44] You: but let's define teh scope immediately: it's a technical discussion
[10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: sure dont let them ruin it
[10:44] You: it's not a political discussion, or a discussion on themes
[10:45] You: it's just a boring discussion on where does this road goes through :)
[10:45] Symo Kurka: i agree with Moon
[10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: well we have ppl who may want to do that
[10:45] You: they will be welcome :)
[10:45] Symo Kurka: they would be welcome
[10:45] MT Lundquist: great
[10:45] You: only don't expect wild excitment, it will be DRY :)
[10:46] You: i am being totally honest here lol
[10:46] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:46] You: ok
[10:46] You: next
[10:46] Symo Kurka: is there any decision about the guild logo?
[10:47] You: Guild Logos!
[10:47] You: no, not yet
[10:47] You: wanted to ask you if you managed to upload them into the forum?
[10:47] Symo Kurka: yes i did
[10:47] Symo Kurka: with Sudane's help
[10:47] Rose Springvale: yes, and brian has one there too
[10:47] Jon Seattle: Oh, URL?
[10:47] Rose Springvale: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1626
[10:48] Jon Seattle: Thanks!!
[10:48] Brian Livingston: BTW, the date o nteh forum post is wrong ;) It's not november 2008
[10:48] You: thanks
[10:48] Rose Springvale: i saw that lol
[10:48] Rose Springvale: had to look at the calendar...
[10:48] Symo Kurka: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1626
[10:48] Brian Livingston: I keep lookign at it going.... Nvoember, no that's not what I'm looking for... :p
[10:48] Symo Kurka: november is a mistake
[10:48] Brian Livingston is easily confused ;)
[10:49] Symo Kurka: the right month is february
[10:49] Rose Springvale: now March :)
[10:49] Brian Livingston: Scary that it's March already...
[10:49] Symo Kurka: yes but the last meeting's date was february
[10:49] Jon Seattle: Notes the corbusie measure of man in symo's
[10:50] Symo Kurka: :))
[10:50] Jon Seattle: :)
[10:50] Symo Kurka: be aware it's only a draft
[10:50] Symo Kurka: when you'll choose the concept we'll go on refining
[10:51] Rose Springvale: do we want discussion?
[10:52] You: sorry, still trying to open it
[10:52] Rose Springvale: maybe they could rez here?
[10:52] Symo Kurka: i can rez one here if you like
[10:52] Symo Kurka: yes
[10:53] Symo Kurka: no this was the old one
[10:53] Rose Springvale: lol this group is QUIET today
[10:54] MT Lundquist: apologies i have to go just now
[10:54] Rose Springvale: brian are you here?
[10:54] Suksuk Memel: I think I'm gonna take a walk thru town. It's nice.
[10:54] Arria Perreault: see you MT
[10:55] You: see you SukSuk
[10:55] Brian Livingston: hiya
[10:55] Suksuk Memel: BYE to all
[10:55] Rose Springvale: bye!
[10:55] Jon Seattle: Buy :)
[10:55] Arria Perreault: bye
[10:55] Symo Kurka: bye
[10:55] Brian Livingston: sorry, afk a bit
[10:55] Rose Springvale: do you have your logo where you can rez brian?
[10:55] You: sorry guys, my firefox is SLOW
[10:55] Jon Seattle gave you Programming Course.
[10:56] Rose Springvale: we'll take care of you Moon :)
[10:56] Symo Kurka: aw nice lol
[10:56] ThePrincess Parisi: OH I LOVE IT
[10:57] Brian Livingston: That is a huge draft by the way...
[10:57] You: i think the NFS servers are going waywire
[10:57] Rose Springvale liked the blue background better
[10:57] You: ok guys
[10:57] Brian Livingston: That beign said, I like Symo's compass draft
[10:57] Rose Springvale: i like that symos reinforces the brand
[10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: i like the new guild of with the
[10:57] You: the masonic feel at this guild amazes me ;)
[10:58] Symo Kurka: Brian congratulations
[10:58] Jon Seattle: :) I like both approaches very much.
[10:58] Rose Springvale: me too, i'm trying to remember, don't we need two?
[10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: i like brians a lot
[10:58] Brian Livingston: Same to you symo
[10:58] Rose Springvale: one for certified builders and one for contributors?
[10:59] Jon Seattle: We were talking about a symbol for certified builders also.
[10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: yes
[10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: good idea
[10:59] You: hmmm, that can be changed by lettering
[10:59] You: you can use teh same logo
[10:59] Rose Springvale: well
[10:59] Rose Springvale: personally speaking
[10:59] Arria Perreault: well, I would like to keep the owl but it must be not much masonic
[10:59] Rose Springvale: i'd rather have the certified builders more distinct
[10:59] Rose Springvale: because other wise ther will be confusion
[11:00] You: mind also that logos generally have positive and negative versions
[11:00] Rose Springvale: and i dont' want it to appear that one could "buy" certification
[11:00] You: even several coloured versions
[11:00] You: for different applications
[11:00] Jon Seattle: Perhaps we can have one of each? The masonic one speaks to me more of individual skills
[11:00] Rose Springvale: i agree Jon
[11:00] Rose Springvale: even the compass rose one
[11:00] You: what i would like to discuss here
[11:01] You: is the way to pick the logo
[11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: yes i sorto f personally dont like the masonic
[11:01] Arria Perreault: on the masonic version, do we have to choice one of the six pictures?
[11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: i dont think we should use it
[11:01] You: i had mentioned to Symo that we could make a poll in the foruns
[11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: oh is it one of six? or all six
[11:01] Rose Springvale: one of six lol
[11:01] Symo Kurka: no just one
[11:02] You: so
[11:02] You: what i want to ask is
[11:02] You: do we poll these on the foruns?
[11:02] You: do we pick one now?
[11:02] Rose Springvale: hey, we could use jons voting machine like we used for the sim selection
[11:02] You: or next week, so that everyone wanting to vote can be warned and show up?
[11:02] Jon Seattle: lol, we could :D
[11:03] Rose Springvale: that would be fun actually
[11:03] You: is it easy to set up?
[11:03] Jon Seattle: the forum might need a bit less set-up however
[11:03] Rose Springvale: we should probably narrow the field in this meeting though
[11:03] Jon Seattle: Not too hard :)
[11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: can we vote on the group?
[11:03] Rose Springvale: but again, a lot of people wont' go to the forums who MIght vote here
[11:03] Rose Springvale: in world
[11:03] Jon Seattle: Rose, good point.
[11:03] You: no, because tehre's not a a "Guild" group
[11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: there is a CDS group
[11:04] You: there's jjusta Guild's resource group
[11:04] You: but princess
[11:04] Symo Kurka: Princess you can get a notecard with explanations clicking on the logos now
[11:04] You: wait
[11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: k
[11:04] You: answer me first
[11:04] You: do you want a generall poll? or do you think the guild only should vote?
[11:04] You: that's what i am asking you all here
[11:05] Rose Springvale: ah, good question. Guild only.. because we are open to anyone who wants to come
[11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: just pick here
[11:05] Brian Livingston: I think this is a Guild decision
[11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: agree rose
[11:05] Arria Perreault: the Guild only
[11:05] You: then the best way to do it is
[11:05] You: call a vote for it for the next meeting
[11:06] You: meanwhile, we can send a notice, saying the logos are in exhibition here
[11:06] ThePrincess Parisi: that sure sounds good moon
[11:06] Rose Springvale: symo, maybe ou could separate yours
[11:06] You: and Symo and Brian will leave them here with tehir explanation notecards
[11:06] Rose Springvale: so thre is no confusion that it is one proposal
[11:06] Symo Kurka: oh
[11:07] Symo Kurka: ok i'll do that+
[11:07] Symo Kurka: if necesary
[11:08] Rose Springvale: are we finished with that? :)
[11:08] You: just one mor ething
[11:09] You: can you, Brina or Symo, also get them numbered?
[11:09] You: Brian*
[11:09] Symo Kurka: ok
[11:09] Brian Livingston: Yea
[11:09] Symo Kurka: and afterwards we rez them here?
[11:10] You: yes, where you like best
[11:11] Symo Kurka: k
[11:11] Brian Livingston claims across the doorway for his space ;)
[11:11] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:12] Symo Kurka: can we rez them on the walls?
[11:12] You: sure!
[11:12] Rose Springvale: anything else on the agenda?
[11:12] You: any othe business? :)
[11:12] Rose Springvale: how is the treasurey?
[11:12] Arria Perreault: the certification process?
[11:13] Second Life: Your 2 objects have been returned to your inventory lost and found folder by Edgware Marker near parcel '' at Conversation 16.7275, 113.
[11:13] You: guys i am going to remove the mastreplan from walls, so you have more room
[11:13] You: treasurY: Sudane has that info, not me
[11:13] Rose Springvale: is there room downstairs?
[11:13] Rose Springvale: mayb ewe shoud put them on the lower level
[11:14] You: let me look there
[11:14] Brian Livingston: Hey, we can use the lounge !
[11:14] Brian Livingston: Hehe
[11:14] Rose Springvale: lounge?!!
[11:14] Brian Livingston: Isn't that what the lower are ais?
[11:14] Brian Livingston: is*
[11:14] Jon Seattle: yes :)
[11:15] You: yes, you can
[11:15] Rose Springvale: a use for space!!
[11:15] Rose Springvale: yay!
[11:15] You: we must really think what to do about this building!
[11:15] Rose Springvale: then the masterplan can stay :)
[11:15] Symo Kurka: ok
[11:15] Symo Kurka: yes i'm afraid we'll need space for maps here lol
[11:15] You: ah, i am going to return some notice panels down there
[11:16] You: about payment policies at teh school etc
[11:16] You: you have a nice space free if i do that
[11:16] Symo Kurka: great
[11:16] Jon Seattle: Perhaps we could also sometimes use the classrooms for exhibit space.
[11:16] You: well, guys
[11:16] You: i have been calling for a plan on how to use thsi building :)
[11:17] Symo Kurka: best CDS architecture permanent exhibition??
[11:17] You: i mean, we even have signs saying 'NEUALTENBURG'
[11:17] Jon Seattle: Its really a great building, so far we have just been camping here a bit for meetings
[11:17] Rose Springvale: smile
[11:18] Rose Springvale: well, classes would be great
[11:18] You: yes, but we can keep the great spaces and adapt better to our needs
[11:18] Rose Springvale: have been wanting to see some classe her for a year
[11:18] Arria Perreault: yes, we could developp educationnal activities
[11:19] You: indeed
[11:19] ThePrincess Parisi: citizens want that yes
[11:19] Symo Kurka: and i really suggest
[11:19] Symo Kurka: a competition on best architctures
[11:19] Symo Kurka: that would push quality ip
[11:20] Symo Kurka: *up
[11:20] Arria Perreault: CDS or SL?
[11:20] Symo Kurka: oh
[11:20] Symo Kurka: if it's SL it should be a competition for best Sims
[11:21] You: hmmm
[11:21] Symo Kurka: we can make both
[11:21] You: yes
[11:21] You: but i'd rather start small, test... then see how to grow
[11:21] Rose Springvale: smile
[11:21] Rose Springvale: the snow man contest was a good wey to get people building
[11:21] Rose Springvale: and didn't have much emotion to it
[11:22] Arria Perreault: who did win it?
[11:22] ThePrincess Parisi: thats what started me building
[11:22] Rose Springvale: i think people are emotional about their structures
[11:22] ThePrincess Parisi: thanks rose
[11:22] You: i mean, atm we are even discussing how to make a committee to evaluate buildings for teh sims
[11:22] Rose Springvale: we all did arria
[11:22] Arria Perreault: great :-)
[11:22] You: so
[11:23] You: first things first
[11:23] You: and teh first things now are
[11:23] You: masterplan workgroup to be called
[11:23] You: guild logo to be voted upon
[11:23] You: certification to be discussed
[11:23] You: altenstadt to be developed
[11:24] You: classes to be given
[11:24] Arria Perreault: yes, I need some informations
[11:24] Arria Perreault: about certification
[11:24] Moon Adamant listens to Arria
[11:24] Arria Perreault: for certification, we will need to give courses
[11:25] Arria Perreault: and to make some evaluations, expertises of buildings and realization
[11:26] Arria Perreault: so it will be possible to use this building for all this process
[11:26] You: yes
[11:26] You: we have two skyboxes
[11:26] Arria Perreault: and Symo's idea could be integrated in the certification process
[11:26] Arria Perreault: where?
[11:26] You: if you click the gargoyles outside this room
[11:26] You: you're teleported there
[11:27] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:27] Symo Kurka: fantastic :)))
[11:27] You: ,my suggestion is taht we leave one as a classroom and teh other as a sandbox
[11:27] You: but we also need to define rules for the sandbox, btw
[11:27] Rose Springvale: 697 prims available!
[11:27] Arria Perreault: great
[11:27] Brian Livingston: For the sim :)
[11:28] You: yes lol
[11:28] Symo Kurka: sandboxes should be wiped automatically
[11:28] Brian Livingston: Well, Land Vert land in the sim
[11:28] Jon Seattle: Oh, I wonder if we are hooked up to the city reserve
[11:28] Rose Springvale: oh
[11:28] You: we are :)
[11:28] Rose Springvale: hmm
[11:28] Rose Springvale: i thought there were over 800 in the city reserve
[11:28] You: so unless you want to feel the wrath of Sudane... :)
[11:28] Rose Springvale: ::shudders:::
[11:29] You: mind you, w ecan always trash the piano on the lobbie, that must save a few dozen prims :)
[11:29] Rose Springvale likes the piano :(
[11:29] You: ah, i wanted to propose a thing for us to think about
[11:29] You: and which could be the hmmm
[11:29] You: goal
[11:29] You: of a building course
[11:30] You: and that is
[11:30] Jon Seattle: Well, if you don't mind it being in another sim, I could provie a 4096 m2 plot as a sandbox.
[11:30] You: fachwerks
[11:30] You: we are getting to be very little varied
[11:30] You: in NFS
[11:31] You: so i would suggest that the building course to be created would focus on making fachwerks that coudl be later then sold by the builders
[11:31] Symo Kurka: what does fachwerks mean Moon?
[11:31] You: these german cottages
[11:31] You: log structured
[11:32] Jon Seattle: Basicaly buildings that fit into NFS? we could get a little more varied and still keep the german / alpine theme.
[11:32] You: have to check teh covenant
[11:32] Arria Perreault: would it also possible to propose also roman houses
[11:32] You: but if i remember it correctly
[11:32] Rose Springvale: Fachwerk is a German term that often describes timber-framed buildings in general, but refers in particular to a certain kind of wall framing with small square panels.
[11:32] Rose Springvale: :)
[11:32] You: the original covenant defined modernist german
[11:32] Arria Perreault: if we consider that we will also add sims to CN
[11:32] You: post-modernist* sorry
[11:33] You: meaning, that experimentation was something that would be appreciated
[11:33] Jon Seattle: Ah, there was a bill passed removing that restriction for outside the walls.
[11:33] You: yes, Arria, and roman houses later, ot at the same time
[11:33] ThePrincess Parisi: maybe we have a competition like symo said for the houses
[11:33] ThePrincess Parisi: and use them that we like .. a pre apporoved set of houses
[11:34] You: because you see
[11:34] You: as we expand
[11:34] You: we need two things
[11:34] ThePrincess Parisi: oops
[11:34] You: we need +pre-fabs that people can rez and get settled right away
[11:34] You: and then we need also the ability that new citizens can pick froma list of builders to build a custom
[11:35] You: or build themselves, and have it approved
[11:35] You: so let's think constructively about fullfilling these three needs
[11:35] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:35] Symo Kurka: yes i understand
[11:35] You: and now
[11:36] You: shall we let our Reps get ready for the RA? :)
[11:36] Symo Kurka: k
[11:36] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:36] Rose Springvale: thanks moon

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”