RA Meeting - March 17, 2008 @ Noon - Rathaus - Agenda

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

RA Meeting - March 17, 2008 @ Noon - Rathaus - Agenda

Post by Brian Livingston »

Good day:

Just a reminder that the weekly R.A. meeting will take place Sunday at noon SLT in the Neufreistadt Rathaus.

I have requested guidance from the S.C. on several points given the current situation, including whether the R.A. can formally meet before the special elections are held and if votes can be held on agenda items. If we do not have a response before the meeting or the response so advises, agenda items will be discussed but votes will not be held.

Please submit any items for discussion via e-mail ([email protected]) or in world on a notecard by 9 PM Friday (I am extending the deadline due to the timing of this announcement).

Regards,

Brian Livingston

Last edited by Brian Livingston on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: RA Meeting - March 17, 2008 @ Noon - Rathaus

Post by Beathan »

Brian --

NuCARE is not available at the regular time. Can we schedule a special session to accommodate MT and TP?

Also, I don't know what possible basis, if we have a quorum based on an RA of 7, there could be for invalidating RA action until the special election is held. I think we should continue to the public work. If the SC wrongly chooses to interfere, we can address the problem when it comes. That seems better than assuming that there is a problem where none should exist.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

I am willing to alter my schedule to meet at another time.

I also see no reason for us not to continue on with the normal business if we have a quorum.

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

I am not against holding a special meeting but haven't received a request with a proposed time. My schedule has gotten incredibly tight and will remain so for the foreseeable future, but I am able to meet at the following times this week and most weeks:

Sunday: All day
Monday - Wednesday: After 4 PM SLT.
Thursday, Friday: After 5 PM SLT
Saturday: After Noon SLT.

I realize that my weekday availability is difficult for our European citizens, and pushing it to Saturday seems counterproductive given that it would result in two RA meetings in two days.

I guess my question to my fellow RA members is: What time would work best for you this week?

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Brian --

I think we should hold the meeting at the regular time this week. If we have not quorum, so be it. I think this week will be the only problem -- and we could use a break to let the SC ring in on things.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

NuCARE will be at the meeting on sunday as scheduled

:D

Cleo
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Ya!!!

Excellent.

Beathan

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Draft Agenda for the RA Meeting
March 17, 2008, Noon SLT
------------------------------------

1. Reports
-Commerce Commission
-Code Reorganisation
-Election Rules