Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

For Discussion: Guild Board Meeting Procedures

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hello all,

For a long time already, i have been thinking that the Guild Board Meetings should have a set of very simple rules.
I feel uncomfy holding discussions if few members are present, and even more uncomfy if a vote is required in those conditions!

Also, if you remember, the AM Covenants discussion needed a certain formality, and we had then suddenly to invent a few rules on the spot, like myself being able to call for a victim er volunteer to record motions and count votes, publish summaries of those, etc.

So, what i am presenting is nothing new - but just written down.

I have discussed these points with Arria, as Faculty Chair, and she will also study similar rules for Faculty meetings - there being a necessary difference in the quorums.

So here they go, for your consideration:

---
Guild Board Meeting Procedural Rules

Guild Board meetings:

- Guild Board meetings will only happen with 3 members present at least - Faculty and/or Board. When a meeting empties to less than 3 members, meeting is automatically adjourned.
- Guild Board meetings have an appointed hour to start. After 30 minutes, if less than 3 members present, meeting is automatically adjourned.

Chairing of the Board meeting:

- Board meetings are chaired by the Secretary of the Board.
- In the impossibility of the Secretary chairing, Faculty Chair will chair instead.
- If both can't chair, meeting won't happen and is automatically adjourned to next week. In this case, and unless by a major cause, an announcement must be made in the CDS channel with at least 3 hour notice.

Duration of the Board meeting and discussions:

- Sec of the Board and Fac Chair can determine the duration of the Board meeting, and can also allot time for discussion of the points in agenda.

Agenda of Board Meetings

- Any Guild member can propose items for agenda for Board Meeting by posting a request for discussion in the Guild forum. Agenda points will be lined in as they appear, though Sec or Chair can change the order of agenda to help organise discussion, with approval of the majority of present.

Votes in Board Meetings

- For a vote, at least 5 guild members must be present, Faculty and/or Board.
- Sec and Chair can propose any point for vot.
- Guild members must propose a motion for vote. If seconded, then a vote will necessarily proceed.
- When a vote is required, Sec or Chair can request an Assistant to help recording the motions and votes.
- In meetings where a vote takes place, a summary of the motions and vote counts must be published in the forums beside the usual Meeting transcript.

---

Feel free to comment or add points which i may have forgotten, and the approval of these Procedures will be part of the agenda of the Meeting of March the 30th.

Thanks! :

Last edited by Gwyneth Llewelyn on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eudaimonia now!

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”