Guild Board Meeting Log - 6th April 2008

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Board Meeting Log - 6th April 2008

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:33] You: let's start
[9:33] Salzie Sachertorte: I seem to be stuck
[9:33] Pip Torok: hi salzie
[9:33] Salzie Sachertorte: an there
[9:33] Symo Kurka: hello Salzie
[9:33] You: i remind all present that this meeting is transcripted
[9:33] You: into our forums
[9:33] Salzie Sachertorte: Ah, I give consent
[9:33] Bjerkel Eerie: everyone gest stuck with this client
[9:34] You: please click the blue cube for today's agenda
[9:35] Symo Kurka: ok under my nose
[9:35] You: i will call an assistant for recording motions and votes if needed
[9:35] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:35] You: anyone?
[9:35] You: hi Brian :)
[9:35] PMRobert Walpole: yes i can do it
[9:36] Symo Kurka: thanks PM
[9:36] You: PM, thanks
[9:36] Symo Kurka: hi Brian
[9:36] Brian Livingston: (Hi All!)
[9:36] Bjerkel Eerie: I would liek to encourage a discussion of the implications of void sims adn expansion later on the agenda
[9:36] PMRobert Walpole: Cheers Brian ;)
[9:36] You: i will ask you to note down all motions
[9:36] You: and record votes, and count them
[9:37] You: later on, uyou can either publish a summary, or send me the data that i'llpublish it, as you prefer
[9:37] PMRobert Walpole: right
[9:37] You: ok
[9:37] You: i will ask you now
[9:37] You: to use my prerogative
[9:37] You: to change agenda order
[9:37] You: to just make an announcement point
[9:37] You: if you are all agreeable?
[9:37] Cindy Ecksol: yes
[9:38] Symo Kurka: i agree
[9:38] Brian Livingston: Sure
[9:38] Bjerkel Eerie: good with me
[9:38] You: ok
[9:38] You: then last point in agenda
[9:38] You: is an announcement
[9:38] You: that a draft analysis has been published
[9:39] You: concerning private development of sims inside the CDS
[9:39] You: i will ask you to read it
[9:39] You: and join the discussion at the thread
[9:39] You: let me get the link hmmm
[9:40] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1736
[9:40] You: ok
[9:40] You: thank you
[9:40] Cindy Ecksol: did you want to discuss it here, moon, or are you just encouraging us to speak in the forum?
[9:40] You: well, i have long matters to discuss before discussing that
[9:40] Cindy Ecksol: ok...
[9:40] You: following our procedures
[9:41] You: as you need to read it
[9:41] You: and compare it also with the other poroposal, also posted
[9:41] You: i think we will leave that for later
[9:42] Symo Kurka: yes it's a tough matter lol
[9:42] You: you tell me!
[9:42] You: :)
[9:42] You: ok
[9:42] You: so let's resume our agenda order, shall we?
[9:42] Symo Kurka: i already posted a couple of obs
[9:42] Symo Kurka: k let's go on
[9:43] You: 1- Building Approval Commitee - discussion of sketch of rules and procedures
[9:43] You: i'll introduce it in a moment, jut let me go get a sweater
[9:43] You: bacj
[9:44] You: as you know
[9:44] You: we have discussed this proposal
[9:44] You: for having a standing commitee
[9:45] You: that helps the chancellor controlling the quality of private building in the CDS territory
[9:45] You: the focus here
[9:45] You: is that instead of the Chancellor have a punitive action ("you'll have to demolish THAT!")
[9:46] You: the chnacellor, helped by this commitee
[9:46] You: has a preventive action.... which can also be an educative action
[9:46] You: since the proposal
[9:46] You: previews that people build on a skybox over the 512m high mark
[9:47] You: and then lower the building down, when the building is approved
[9:47] You: so debate on this
[9:47] You: let's make it till 10 AM
[9:47] Cindy Ecksol: great idea! when do we start? :-)
[9:47] Cindy Ecksol: (the committee I mean)
[9:47] PMRobert Walpole: So this would be a purely advisory body with no binding powers on the Chancellor? The Chancellor may or may not accept the Standing Committee's recommendations?
[9:47] Symo Kurka: well sounds good if we add basic criteria
[9:48] You: that's part of what we must discuss
[9:48] You: i am sorry that Arria isn't here
[9:48] You: hmmm
[9:48] You: perhaps we should wait till she arrives
[9:48] Symo Kurka: well Pm
[9:48] Symo Kurka: if the Chncellor approoves it he is suposed to use it
[9:48] Cindy Ecksol: moon, my only concern is that the constitution gives the chancellor this power, does it not? so the chancellor would have to officially ask the guild for this "standing commttee"
[9:49] You: well, that's also something for us to debate
[9:49] PMRobert Walpole: well i dont think as a Guild we can do anything else unless we ask the RA to pass legislation binding the Chancellor.... and form what i hear the RA is quite busy rigght now with other matters ....
[9:49] You: the Faculty
[9:49] Bjerkel Eerie: isnt there a problem with simulation of terrain and viewshed in a skybox?
[9:49] Cindy Ecksol: seems that it would exist according to the chancellor's whim....unless the RA changed the constitution to include this committee
[9:49] You: bnecause this commitee should be made out of faculty
[9:50] PMRobert Walpole: indeed cindy
[9:50] You: would have to define the internal procedures for the commitee
[9:50] You: as for your question
[9:50] You: which is very pertinent
[9:50] You: i suggest that we ask RA
[9:50] Cindy Ecksol: hello jon!
[9:50] You: what to do?
[9:50] PMRobert Walpole: Cheers Jon
[9:50] Jon Seattle: Hi! sorry, forgot about the time change.
[9:50] Moon Adamant hugs jon
[9:50] Salzie Sachertorte: Hi Jon
[9:50] Symo Kurka: hi jon
[9:51] Jon Seattle hugs Moon
[9:51] You: please, can somebody update Jon in IM of the discussion so far?
[9:51] Jon Seattle: Hi PM, Cindy, Salize, Symo :)
[9:51] You: Cindy and PM
[9:52] You: the charter of this guild defines already a consultative relation beteen the CDS gov and NG
[9:52] You: perhaps you are right
[9:52] You: and that shoudl be issued legislation
[9:52] You: for this matter
[9:52] You: in any case
[9:52] You: mind that it is an offer
[9:52] You: that we, the volunteers at NG, are doing to chancellor
[9:53] You: an offer for help
[9:53] Jon Seattle: Thanks Symo
[9:53] PMRobert Walpole: Well if i may... i think the Guild should go ahead and make a concrete proposal.... then let the RA vote up or down. If we are to wait for RA instructions before beginning work, i an not certain we will get too far in the near future
[9:53] Bjerkel Eerie: this discussion seems to be going straight to process wthout stopping by purpose and intent at all
[9:54] You: bjerkel, sorry
[9:54] You: read back
[9:54] You: i stated purpose and intent
[9:54] You: ok PM
[9:55] You: i think you are right
[9:55] You: i am atm only at a hmmm difficult position
[9:55] You: because Faculty should be here to discuss this as well
[9:56] You: so what about hmmm
[9:56] You: tabling this for later on in the discussion?
[9:56] Symo Kurka: well can't we make a draft proposal and you discuss it with Arria?
[9:56] You: when Faculty is present?
[9:56] PMRobert Walpole: indeed
[9:56] PMRobert Walpole: i agree with symo
[9:56] Symo Kurka: we delegate you
[9:56] You: do it right here?
[9:57] You: or make a workgroup for that
[9:57] You: that presents teh draft later on?
[9:57] You: what do you gusy prefer?
[9:57] PMRobert Walpole: let us get something concrete done and then let the vetting bodies deal with it after as they see fit
[9:58] You: yes PM
[9:58] You: but my question is
[9:58] You: we can discuss it right now
[9:58] Cindy Ecksol: hmmm...will take some time to get this right. perhaps delegate several to work on it this week and report back to next meeting?
[9:58] You: or we can create an informal workgroup
[9:58] You: who work on this
[9:58] You: and reports at next meeting?
[9:58] Jon Seattle: yes, the workgroup idea may work
[9:59] You: any other opinions?
[9:59] Cindy Ecksol: i have limited time this week so cannot take complete responsibility, but would be happy to work with someone else
[9:59] Symo Kurka: ell us exactly the workin group's report goal pls
[9:59] PMRobert Walpole: why not create a workgroup... give it specific guidlines of what we as a group are looking for.. let it report next week?
[9:59] You: the workgroup goal is
[9:59] PMRobert Walpole: smiles
[9:59] You: to meet with Faculty
[9:59] You: and jointly
[9:59] Bjerkel Eerie: shouldent the range be "quality, quanity, and style"? not just quality of build?
[10:00] You: define internal procedures and criteria
[10:00] Cindy Ecksol thinks bjerkel needs to be in the workgroup :-0
[10:00] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:00] Symo Kurka: i'm available
[10:00] You: ok
[10:00] Cindy Ecksol: I will work on this with you symo as much as I have time for
[10:00] You: but i am still uncomfy
[10:00] You: Faculty should be here
[10:00] PMRobert Walpole: Why Moon?
[10:01] Brian Livingston: If you want to CC me on the discussion,I am on vacation thsi week but my computer iacting a bit wonky so not sure hiow my inworld access is going to be until I iron out the problem
[10:01] You: because Faculty is the consultive branch of the guild
[10:01] Cindy Ecksol thinks PMRobert looks real cute on Jon's lap
[10:01] You: also, Faculty is the educative branch of teh guild
[10:01] Symo Kurka: lol
[10:02] Brian Livingston: Vacation involving me on my couch with a 12 pack, so I am pretty open.
[10:02] PMRobert Walpole: apologies dont know how that cme about
[10:02] Jon Seattle: :D
[10:02] PMRobert Walpole: well if faculty doesnt like the proposal it will say so and send it back for review I trust
[10:02] Cindy Ecksol: exactly!
[10:03] Cindy Ecksol: if we don't ask, they can't say "yes"
[10:03] You: well, does anyone want to propose a motion
[10:03] PMRobert Walpole: ah
[10:03] PMRobert Walpole: faculty may be here
[10:04] PMRobert Walpole: smiles
[10:04] You: we have faculty members in thsi meeting
[10:04] You: but we don't have THE Chair
[10:04] PMRobert Walpole: she just came online
[10:04] You: ok
[10:05] Symo Kurka: well Guild proposes a taskforce to meet with Faculty and discuss procedures and criteria
[10:05] You: just a sec Symo
[10:05] You: i see her on my radar already
[10:05] You: hello Arria
[10:06] Jon Seattle: yay Arria!
[10:06] Arria Perreault: Hello all
[10:06] PMRobert Walpole: Cheers Arria
[10:06] You: Arria, you arrived just as we were discussing
[10:06] You: the Build Approval Committee
[10:07] You: let me try and resume what has been discussed so far
[10:07] You: BAC was explained, goal and intents
[10:07] You: it was concluded that we may need to prepare internal procedures and critera
[10:08] You: also to submit to RA
[10:08] You: we were just discussing teh creation of a workgroup
[10:08] You: that would work with faculty
[10:08] You: to create those docs
[10:08] Salzie Sachertorte: Excuse me, but I have to leave. Good seeing all of you again!
[10:09] Jon Seattle: Nice seing you Salzie!
[10:09] Patroklus Murakami: hi all :)
[10:09] You: goodbye Salzie, see you later! :))
[10:09] Pip Torok: cheers salzie
[10:09] Jon Seattle: Hi Pat :)
[10:09] You: hi Pat, please have a seat
[10:09] Arria Perreault: Hi Pat :-)
[10:09] You: someone please update Pat in IM please
[10:09] You: to continue
[10:10] You: i was asking if there was a motion to create that workgroup
[10:10] You: when you logged in
[10:10] You: before carrying on, i would like to hear your comments
[10:12] You: are you still with us?
[10:12] Symo Kurka: yes
[10:12] Patroklus Murakami: sorry moon, are you waiting for me?
[10:13] PMRobert Walpole: Arria I think
[10:13] You: no, i am waiting for Arria
[10:13] Patroklus Murakami: ok :)
[10:13] You: i suspect she may have crashed
[10:13] Arria Perreault: no
[10:13] Symo Kurka: yes we all are.. lol
[10:13] You: well, Symo, sometimes people crash and a ghost remains
[10:13] Arria Perreault: I am here
[10:14] Jon Seattle: :)
[10:14] You: well, do you have any comments that you'd like to add before i ask again if there is a motion for the workgroup?
[10:15] Arria Perreault: well. I think that the new role of the Faculty is interesting
[10:15] Arria Perreault: we have to recruit new members
[10:16] PMRobert Walpole: I think the Chairs question referred specifically to the proposal of setting up a workgroup
[10:16] Cindy Ecksol: which new role, arria?
[10:16] PMRobert Walpole: to study the Building Approval Commitee
[10:16] Arria Perreault: yes, the BAC
[10:17] Arria Perreault: This volunteer structure is proposed to be composed only of Faculty members whose function is to be technical consultants to Chancellor.
[10:17] Arria Perreault: I like this idea. I just think that we need more members or members more active
[10:17] Arria Perreault: I am working on this
[10:18] Arria Perreault: I just see one problem
[10:18] Cindy Ecksol: how many faculty members are there now?
[10:18] You: always a difficult question :)
[10:18] You decline Schumann Duo Music Island Sunday 2:30 pm from A group member named Kate Miranda.
[10:18] Arria Perreault: now 5, but the last survey has shown that few are still active
[10:18] You: let me see... we discussed the issue when Arria was elected
[10:19] Cindy Ecksol: moon, can I make a suggestion?
[10:19] Arria Perreault: the list is in the forum
[10:19] You: of course Cindy?
[10:19] Arria Perreault: I see two problems
[10:19] Symo Kurka: back
[10:19] Cindy Ecksol: in light of the fact that there are so few faculty members, perhaps this "buildig committee" idea is a bit too ambitious for now.
[10:19] Arria Perreault: 1. non-citizen can be members of the faculty and I intend to recruit people outside the CDS
[10:20] You: not necessarily Cindy
[10:20] You: it can start with 2 Fac members+ Chancellor
[10:20] You: so you have an odd number
[10:20] You: and grow with time
[10:20] Arria Perreault: 2. de facto Faculty members must renounce to any commercial building activities
[10:20] Bjerkel Eerie: so buildings will be censored by non citizens??
[10:20] PMRobert Walpole: Well isnt this what the workgroup's task is? to study this matter and make a proposal?
[10:20] You: ah, a good point Bjerkel
[10:20] Arria Perreault: if we recruit non-citizen members, yes
[10:21] Brian Livingston: Hmm, a complication I hadn't thoguht of Bjerkel, but a good point...
[10:21] You: not necesarily Arria
[10:21] Arria Perreault: this is in the charter
[10:21] You: BAC can be made out of faculty members who are citizens only
[10:21] Arria Perreault: so double condition: to be Faculty member and citizen
[10:21] You: exactly
[10:21] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:22] You: the non-citizen clause in the Faculty charter
[10:22] You: is to allow us to have good designers outside the CDS giving classes in the CDS
[10:22] Jon Seattle: exactly
[10:22] You: seeing we don't have ALL kind fo designers in the CDS
[10:22] Bjerkel Eerie: and there really needa to be an appeal process the owner builder can seek redress through
[10:23] You: we lack a few types
[10:23] You: Bjerkel
[10:23] You: the process of BAC
[10:23] You: is an iteractive process
[10:23] Brian Livingston: If someone is qualified to be in the Faculty though, it seems sorta counter-intuitive that they would not be qualified to weigh in on the design and applicability of structures taht are proposed.
[10:23] You: iterative too
[10:23] You: meaning, bac discusses what is being built at the same time it is being built
[10:23] Brian Livingston: Hmmm, will have to think on that some more.
[10:24] Arria Perreault: May I add: is there is any interested people to be Faculty member, please IM me
[10:24] You: ok guys
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: bjerkel, I think PMRobert is onto this -- we need to discuss it in the iformal workgroup.
[10:24] PMRobert Walpole: is there a motion ?
[10:24] Symo Kurka: having accepted Faculty's specs?
[10:24] You: cindy is right
[10:24] You: yes, there is
[10:24] You: i am going to use my prerogative
[10:24] You: and send this to vote :)
[10:24] You: let me prepare the vote
[10:24] Arria Perreault: what is the question?
[10:25] You: that is what i am preparing :)
[10:25] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:25] You: All agreeing that a workgroup must be created to discuss the internal procedures and criteria of the Cuilsding Approval Committee, please say Aye
[10:25] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[10:25] Sudane Erato: aye
[10:25] Pip Torok: aye
[10:26] Bjerkel Eerie: so it would be very analogus to the RL building code approval prosess, but with finished structrues submitted insteaqd of blueprints?
[10:26] Symo Kurka: aye
[10:26] Brian Livingston: aye
[10:26] You: Bjerkel, we're in middle of the vote now
[10:26] PMRobert Walpole: Aye
[10:26] Arria Perreault: Aye
[10:26] Jon Seattle: Aye
[10:26] Bjerkel Eerie: sorry I was slow on the "return" hit
[10:27] Sonja Strom: Aye
[10:27] You: anyone missing to vote?
[10:27] Jon Seattle: As Moon often says, every building in SL is a model :)
[10:27] Sonja Strom: Pat and Sudane?
[10:27] Pip Torok: agreed!
[10:27] Sudane Erato: i voted aye
[10:27] Sonja Strom: sorry, just saw that ;)
[10:27] Patroklus Murakami: sorry, aye :)
[10:28] You: has everyone voted?
[10:28] PMRobert Walpole: yes
[10:28] You: so i vote too Aye
[10:28] You: BAC wg
[10:28] PMRobert Walpole: motion carried unanimously
[10:28] Cindy Ecksol: if you wish to be part of the workgroup, I have set up a doodle scheduling page at http://doodle.ch/8fkek5bb86nwxan2 where you can indicate your availability and Symo can call the meeting
[10:28] You: ok, thanks Cindy :)
[10:29] Symo Kurka: great
[10:29] Jon Seattle: :) great.
[10:29] You: just le me try and get the link...
[10:29] You: ok
[10:29] Sonja Strom: Are they SLT?
[10:30] Cindy Ecksol: yes, SLT times please!
[10:30] Cindy Ecksol: sorry, should have said that...
[10:30] Pip Torok: lol
[10:30] You: point 2 of agenda
[10:30] You: 2- prepare CN actual situation map
[10:30] You: this was submitted by Symo
[10:30] You: so care to introduce it, Symo, please?
[10:30] Symo Kurka: yes ... and almost done in the meanwhile lol
[10:30] Symo Kurka: well
[10:31] Symo Kurka: to start a planning or re-planning process
[10:31] Symo Kurka: we NEED to know the actual situation
[10:31] Symo Kurka: in terms i said in the forum
[10:31] Symo Kurka: and i'll repeat here..
[10:32] Symo Kurka: Update Maps of existing sims Population trends’ history Existing lots and functions (residential, commercial, public use etc) Existing roads’ grid Existing rivers Altimetric sections Survey on Sims’ citizens satisfaction and wishes
[10:32] Symo Kurka: This should be royghly whre we start from
[10:32] You: ok
[10:33] You: but atm, you are starting with topo only, right?
[10:33] Symo Kurka: Cindy can you hel pus with your poll machine on the last point?
[10:33] Symo Kurka: yes
[10:33] You: because these are very ambitious goals
[10:33] Symo Kurka: i'm working on CN
[10:33] Symo Kurka: updating map
[10:33] Cindy Ecksol: ?
[10:33] Jon Seattle: We can use a simple open source GIS even.
[10:34] You: to complete what Symo said
[10:34] You: these tasks are THE tasks that an urban plan needs iRL
[10:34] You: so what Symo is suggesting
[10:35] You: is that we adress our sims, and our territory
[10:35] You: as REAL territory
[10:35] You: i must say
[10:35] Cindy Ecksol: oh....yes, certainly. if someone makes up the questions :-)
[10:35] You: i can't agree more :)
[10:35] Jon Seattle: Yes, its a great idea
[10:35] You: but also from personal expeirence, this is a lot of work
[10:36] Jon Seattle: as things have gotten farther from the plan
[10:36] Symo Kurka: he important to me
[10:36] Symo Kurka: is that it's not a waste of time
[10:36] Jon Seattle: perhaps design a self-reporting system?
[10:36] You: so let me propose something
[10:36] You: guys guys
[10:36] You: wait a sec
[10:36] You: let's talk people first, and tech after
[10:37] You: we are now discussing
[10:37] Patroklus Murakami: brb
[10:37] You: (sorry for agenda being a bit mess«y)
[10:37] You: all things related to masterplan workgroup
[10:37] You: correct?
[10:37] Symo Kurka: yes
[10:37] You: ok
[10:38] You: atm, how many volunteers we have for that wg?
[10:38] You: (and count me in, please)
[10:38] Symo Kurka: me available again
[10:38] Cindy Ecksol: I believe I had volunteered....
[10:39] You: checks the thread
[10:40] You: i have
[10:40] You: Symo, cindy, Arria
[10:40] You: sonja
[10:40] You: and myself
[10:40] You: anyone else?
[10:41] Jon Seattle: I am interested also, but have to be careful -- as I may end up building as well
[10:41] Jon Seattle: that is as a private contractor
[10:41] Jon Seattle: would not like a conflict of interest
[10:41] You: that is in the future
[10:41] You: if teh happens, you leave the group
[10:41] Symo Kurka: well conflict is an open theme
[10:41] You: makes sense?
[10:41] Arria Perreault: is it a conflict of interest?
[10:42] Jon Seattle: Moon, good point, count me in then
[10:42] Symo Kurka: but we acnnot discuss it today
[10:42] You: guys
[10:42] You: let's focus down
[10:42] You: we are discussing a work that is going to be done NOW
[10:42] You: private sim development is atm
[10:42] You: a daft of a proposal which hasn't even been boted yet
[10:42] You: voted*
[10:42] You: so let's be practical
[10:43] PMRobert Walpole: Jon do you wish to be included in the wg?
[10:43] You: and concern ourselves with matter at hands
[10:43] You: and teh future, when it happens, it happens
[10:43] You: ok?
[10:43] Jon Seattle: yes, please
[10:43] PMRobert Walpole: excellent
[10:43] Arria Perreault: great
[10:44] PMRobert Walpole: Moon, Arria, Jon, Symo, Cindy, Sonja volunteers for this wg
[10:44] You: ok, solved
[10:44] Arria Perreault: do you organize the first meeting?
[10:44] You: i propose
[10:44] You: that the workgroup tries to schedule a first meeting
[10:44] Arria Perreault: use Doodle
[10:45] Bjerkel Eerie: I think this will be a facinating impediment to new or out of the mainstream builders
[10:45] You: can somebody create that dodle thingy?
[10:45] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:45] Arria Perreault: http://www.doodle.ch/
[10:45] You: i am sorry, i use dotproject for my projects
[10:45] Arria Perreault: I can
[10:46] Cindy Ecksol: folks, I am sorry but I must leave.
[10:46] Symo Kurka: ok Moon do you cohordinate this working group?
[10:46] You: well, i was thinking of volunteering you to coord it :)
[10:46] Symo Kurka: lol
[10:47] Arria Perreault: date in the following week?
[10:47] Arria Perreault: or later
[10:47] Arria Perreault: ?
[10:47] Symo Kurka: yes available with your help
[10:47] You: my help is always available
[10:47] Symo Kurka: honoured
[10:47] Symo Kurka: :)
[10:47] You: Cindy, bye and thanks
[10:47] Symo Kurka: if all here agree
[10:48] You: hmmm
[10:48] You: we need a date then?
[10:48] Jon Seattle: Bye :)
[10:48] Symo Kurka: for the first GMP meeting?
[10:48] You: yes
[10:49] Symo Kurka: i propose to sketch down a draft of jobs for volunteers
[10:49] Symo Kurka: share it
[10:49] Symo Kurka: and come next week before Guild
[10:49] You: ok
[10:49] Jon Seattle: :)
[10:49] Symo Kurka: but
[10:49] You: so let's do this
[10:49] You: yes?
[10:50] Symo Kurka: we also have to share the objectives of a GMP
[10:50] PMRobert Walpole: as long as all WG members are here - or almost since Cindy just left- can a date be set now for the first meeting?
[10:50] Symo Kurka: yes PM
[10:50] You: hmm, we can try
[10:50] Symo Kurka: next sunday
[10:50] You: 2 minutes for everyone to look at their calendars
[10:51] You: ouch symo
[10:51] Arria Perreault: http://www.doodle.ch/participation.html ... zkw5px8axg
[10:51] Symo Kurka: or saturday
[10:51] You: saturday is my day off SL...
[10:51] You: :(~
[10:51] Brian Livingston needs to run, unfortunately
[10:51] Arria Perreault: Bye Brian :-)
[10:52] Brian Livingston: I'll catch up on the minutes. Bye all :)
[10:52] Jon Seattle: Bye Brian!
[10:52] You: bye Brian :)
[10:52] Jon Seattle: :)
[10:52] Arria Perreault: try the Doodle survey
[10:52] You: it's not that i can't occasionally do something on saturdays
[10:52] Symo Kurka: yes Moon
[10:52] Symo Kurka: what do you propose
[10:52] You: but... if i fon't rest on saturdays i never rest
[10:52] You: don't*
[10:53] Symo Kurka: can i pass to workgroup members a notecard
[10:53] You: Symo
[10:53] You: use the forums for that?
[10:53] Symo Kurka: yes?
[10:53] You: to discuss hours?
[10:53] Symo Kurka: oh done it
[10:53] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:53] You: better, veryone reads the others' hours
[10:53] Jon Seattle: nods
[10:54] You: Jon, don't forget to join that thread then
[10:54] You: so you get notified of replies too
[10:54] You: thread in your IM
[10:54] You: ok
[10:55] Symo Kurka: Can i open a workgroup post in the forum?
[10:55] You: then we will table the discussion of schedule for the first meeting of GMP for the foums
[10:55] You: yes please
[10:55] You: btw
[10:55] You: ione day
[10:55] You: we will have to request that sim plan thread and NG thread be joined or something like that
[10:56] You: it's maddening to try and follow related discussions across two places
[10:56] Symo Kurka: yes
[10:56] PMRobert Walpole: Chair proposes to table the discussion of schedule for the first meeting of GMP for the forums
[10:57] Symo Kurka: if you all agree
[10:57] You: all agree?
[10:57] Symo Kurka: i would open with two points
[10:57] Symo Kurka: the forum i mean
[10:57] Symo Kurka: one
[10:57] Symo Kurka: jobs for voulnteers
[10:57] Symo Kurka: two
[10:57] Symo Kurka: general master plan concept sharing
[10:57] PMRobert Walpole: have we all agreed to the Chairs proposal?
[10:58] Symo Kurka: yes ai agree with ch
[10:58] You: guys, pçease focus a bit
[10:58] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[10:58] Symo Kurka: lol sorry Moon
[10:58] Pip Torok: aye
[10:58] Symo Kurka: aye
[10:59] Patroklus Murakami: aye
[10:59] Sonja Strom: aye
[10:59] Sudane Erato: aye
[10:59] You: and i vote aye as well
[10:59] Jon Seattle: aye
[10:59] PMRobert Walpole: arria? bjerkel?
[10:59] You: ok, next point
[11:00] Moon Adamant waits~
[11:00] You: though it's passed
[11:00] PMRobert Walpole: excellent
[11:01] You: Arria, bjerkel, you may want to send your votes later to PM
[11:01] You: by IM
[11:01] You: next point
[11:01] You: 3- general regulations draft for new Sim buildings
[11:02] You: submitted by Symo
[11:02] You: Symo, one question
[11:02] Symo Kurka: listens
[11:02] You: can this relate to the BAC wg?
[11:02] Symo Kurka: well
[11:02] Symo Kurka: in my idea the process is on three levels
[11:02] Symo Kurka: GMP
[11:02] Symo Kurka: sim planning
[11:03] Symo Kurka: and building specs
[11:03] Symo Kurka: but the last two are strictly related
[11:03] You: exactly
[11:03] You: sim planning also comprises the eleboration of covenants
[11:03] You: which have the building specs inside
[11:03] Symo Kurka: yes
[11:03] Symo Kurka: OR
[11:03] You: it is a common complaint
[11:04] You: that our covenants are hard to follow
[11:04] Symo Kurka: sim planning can just define specs
[11:04] You: tell me more
[11:04] Symo Kurka: well here we risk to overlap with faculty's group lol
[11:05] Symo Kurka: covenants can be made by BCA following Sim planning standards
[11:05] You: well, it's the same question of a while ago
[11:05] You: there is a present, in which we are
[11:05] You: and a future, which we don't know what is
[11:05] You: let's focus on teh present
[11:06] You: i can say that the AM covenants were defined conjointly by board and faculty
[11:06] You: so there's your precedent
[11:07] Symo Kurka: there could be a general grid of building specs in Sim planning
[11:07] Symo Kurka: Acceptable theme’s structures (quality, nr of building prims, heighth) Acceptable textures (qualitative description) SL sustainability: • prims available for owners • textures’ resolution and specs • structural perception Emotional impact evaluation
[11:07] Symo Kurka: which could be translated in covenants
[11:07] Symo Kurka: from the BCA
[11:08] Symo Kurka: let the lawyers work a bit too lol
[11:08] PMRobert Walpole: hmm where does the RA come into this?
[11:08] Symo Kurka: the RA approoves both GMP and SP
[11:08] PMRobert Walpole: ok
[11:08] Symo Kurka: OR
[11:09] Symo Kurka: gives obs to modify
[11:09] You: Symo, i think i understand what you propose
[11:09] You: what i don't get atm is
[11:09] You: do you want to do it abstractly?
[11:09] You: or for instance, sim by sim, for next sim, say?
[11:09] PMRobert Walpole: so we're talking about covenant and standard proposals subject to RA review and approval
[11:09] Symo Kurka: well some parameters are purely numeric
[11:09] Symo Kurka: yes PM
[11:10] You: yes PM, but that happens in any case
[11:10] Symo Kurka: others are more qualitative
[11:10] Symo Kurka: i'll work a bit more to define this proposal
[11:10] You: ok, thank you
[11:10] You: i'll be glad to help on that as well
[11:11] Symo Kurka: :))
[11:12] You: ok, i propose then that we table this untill we have a more concrete doc for study
[11:12] PMRobert Walpole: any action on this item?
[11:12] PMRobert Walpole: excellent
[11:12] You: do you all agree?
[11:12] Symo Kurka: aye
[11:12] Patroklus Murakami: yes
[11:12] Sonja Strom: yes
[11:12] Sudane Erato: sure
[11:12] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:13] Jon Seattle: aye
[11:13] You: aye, and that passed
[11:13] You: ok, next point
[11:13] You: 4. CDS information Centre (submitted by Alex)
[11:13] Symo Kurka: Moon
[11:14] You: Alex told me that he wouldn't be able to be present
[11:14] You: yes?
[11:14] Symo Kurka: just one more point
[11:14] Symo Kurka: may i?
[11:14] You: sure
[11:14] Symo Kurka: please contribute in forum to the top level of GMP
[11:14] Symo Kurka: there's a lot to discuss there
[11:15] You: i will
[11:15] Symo Kurka: in MACRO planning
[11:15] You: we just have to organize discussion
[11:15] Symo Kurka: i got a quite different idea of how it was b4
[11:15] You: perhaps start a new thread
[11:15] Symo Kurka: we'll keep all that in GMP post
[11:15] You: as i said, i have issues to follow related discussions posted here and there
[11:16] You: but please, feel free to poke me about any issue
[11:16] Symo Kurka: k
[11:16] You: ok
[11:16] You: 4. CDS information Centre (submitted by Alex)
[11:16] You: as alex isn't here
[11:16] PMRobert Walpole: should we table until alex and brian can attend?
[11:17] You: he tild me that Arria would introduce this point
[11:17] You: no, i specifically asked him if i shoudl table the point
[11:17] You: and he told me that Arria couuld introduce it
[11:17] You: so Arria, please
[11:17] Symo Kurka: arrriaaaa
[11:17] PMRobert Walpole: ;)
[11:18] Symo Kurka: i think faculty needs a coffee and an assistant
[11:18] PMRobert Walpole: Lets table this then until next week
[11:19] Symo Kurka: wow
[11:19] Jon Seattle: :D
[11:19] Symo Kurka: efficient
[11:19] Symo Kurka: congrats Chair
[11:19] You: well, let's pass ahead then
[11:19] Symo Kurka: ok :)
[11:19] You: when seh is back, we'll call that point
[11:19] You: if you all agree
[11:19] Sonja Strom: sure
[11:19] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:19] Symo Kurka: k
[11:20] Bjerkel Eerie: yeah
[11:20] You: ok, next point is also to be table
[11:20] You: tabled*
[11:20] Jon Seattle: nods
[11:20] You: because Rose asked
[11:20] You: 5. Textures and Texture content theft (submitted by Rose)
[11:20] You: so... tabled, if all agree
[11:20] Pip Torok: agreed
[11:21] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:21] Jon Seattle: agreed.
[11:21] Symo Kurka: aye
[11:21] Sonja Strom: agreed
[11:21] You: agreed
[11:21] You: passed
[11:21] Jon Seattle just went through all his textures and tossed some.
[11:21] You: if everyone who have not voted wish to vote, IM PM
[11:22] You: ok, next point
[11:22] You: my own point
[11:22] You: This meeting hours
[11:22] You: can we coclude on any other schedule?
[11:23] You: conslude?
[11:23] You: conclude*
[11:23] You: for instance, is this hour a good hour?
[11:23] Symo Kurka: good to me and EU probably
[11:23] Pip Torok: good for me
[11:24] Symo Kurka: hey americans..
[11:24] Sonja Strom: good for me
[11:24] Symo Kurka: lol
[11:24] You: american citizens, please state your pov :)
[11:24] Bjerkel Eerie: fine
[11:24] ThePrincess Parisi: sok
[11:24] Symo Kurka: Moon?
[11:24] You: since we europeans know that it's very early in the morning for you
[11:24] You: yes?
[11:24] Jon Seattle: good for me :)
[11:25] Symo Kurka: is it ok for YOU??
[11:25] ThePrincess Parisi: it is OK with me
[11:25] You: well... with a bit of weekly planning, yes
[11:25] You: (means i can NEVER forget to buy bread on satudardays :)
[11:25] You: Saturdays*
[11:25] Symo Kurka: lol
[11:26] You: i wish bakers delivered at home
[11:26] You: there«s €€€ in that and nobody sees it!
[11:26] You: oh well
[11:26] You: let's vote then
[11:27] You: all agreeing that Guild Board meetings pass to 9AM SLT on sundays, please say aye
[11:27] Symo Kurka: aye
[11:27] ThePrincess Parisi: aye
[11:27] Patroklus Murakami: aye
[11:27] Sonja Strom: aye
[11:27] Bjerkel Eerie: anya
[11:27] Jon Seattle: aye
[11:27] Pip Torok: aye
[11:28] You: ok, passed
[11:28] You: thank you
[11:28] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:28] You: next point by Sonja
[11:28] You: Possible development of the southeastern portion of the walled city of Neufreistadt
[11:29] You: i suppose you mean Altenstadt, or Altenburg
[11:29] You: care to introduce it?
[11:29] Patroklus Murakami: "the area formerly know as altenburg" (to keep Kendra from killing us!)
[11:29] Sonja Strom: Sure.
[11:29] Sonja Strom: Heehee
[11:29] Sonja Strom: Yes, Kendra is very upset about our use of that name...
[11:29] You: that's why i always call it altenstadt :)
[11:30] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:30] Sonja Strom: I'm not even quite sure why, but maybe I missed some of the history behind that.
[11:30] Symo Kurka: i lost al of it
[11:30] Sonja Strom: There has been a thread here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1037
[11:30] Sonja Strom: for quite some time.
[11:30] You: well, to simplify
[11:30] You: Kendra owned it all
[11:30] You: all the parcels
[11:30] Sonja Strom: And we apparently are wanting to have some growth to accommodate new residents/citizens.
[11:31] You: at Uquake, or just after,, kendra removed her structures
[11:31] You: you're completely right on that
[11:31] Sonja Strom: It seems like we might as well work on bringing in areas that we already have.
[11:31] You: that is one of my personal goals for this year/term
[11:31] Sonja Strom: I heard a rumour that Port Neualtenburg no longer exists, but I haven't gone to look to be sure.
[11:32] You: i think it is still there
[11:32] Sonja Strom: ok
[11:32] You: but in any case
[11:32] You: Sleazy made a nice plan
[11:32] Pip Torok: sonja cd you be specific about which parts of NeuFreiStadt?
[11:32] You: that allows bigger houses
[11:32] You: Pip, is that bit that only has a small bridge
[11:32] Sonja Strom: Pip, if you look at that thread, there are some nice maps in it.
[11:32] Pip Torok: tks
[11:32] Patroklus Murakami: it would be great to complete that area. it's really sad that we never redeveloped after Kendra's departure. leaves a big hole in NFS
[11:33] You: yes
[11:33] Sonja Strom: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1037
[11:33] You: the main issue, i think
[11:33] Sonja Strom: The clock tower there could still use some work, too.
[11:33] You: is that we only have 2 fachwerk models atm
[11:33] You: Dianne's
[11:33] You: and mine
[11:33] You: i took mine out of sale
[11:33] You: before this became too boring
[11:34] You: i am planning with Arria
[11:34] Jon Seattle: :D
[11:34] You: that we hold seminars on 'how to build your fachwerk'
[11:34] Sonja Strom: I see. Some reconstruction has been done on it, but it still is... not fantastic (sorry, I know that is easy for me to say!).
[11:34] Patroklus Murakami: isn't there sudane's too? my first home in Neualtenburg was by Sudane :)
[11:34] You: we are preparing those atm
[11:34] Jon Seattle: I have the mountain house designs, dont know if they would fit also.
[11:34] Sonja Strom: Great! :-D
[11:34] You: Sudane does customs, i think
[11:34] You: not pre-fabs
[11:34] Sonja Strom: Jon, atm it is a flat area.
[11:34] Jon Seattle: Yes, custom ones. Very nice.
[11:35] You: and i do NOT have the time to do prefabs or customs either lol
[11:35] You: so i think
[11:35] Jon Seattle: Sonja, I think they could be adapated to that :)
[11:35] Sonja Strom: ok
[11:35] You: that we could hmmm
[11:35] You: cunningly join the build your own fachwerk seminar
[11:35] Sonja Strom: One thing is, I think they should be "city" buildings.
[11:35] Sonja Strom: They would be inside the city walls.
[11:35] You: with altenstadt redeployment
[11:36] You: yes, but fachwrks in any case
[11:36] You: what do you think of my idea?
[11:36] Symo Kurka: sorry folks have to leave now
[11:36] Sonja Strom: Not all of the buildings inside the city walls are fachwerk houses, and I don't see that as completely necessary.
[11:36] Sonja Strom: There should be a little variety.
[11:36] You: yes Sonja
[11:37] Jon Seattle: Well, do they have to be fachwrks in the usual sense? Many actual midievel builds in germanic cities are not
[11:37] You: but that would be added by each individual building a different house, see?
[11:37] Sonja Strom: In that thread I did post a photo from a very similar are in Rothenburg o.d.T.
[11:37] Sonja Strom: Right Jon, I agree.
[11:37] You: Sonja and Jon
[11:38] You: we will have to see what is defined at the NFS covenant
[11:38] You: for that area
[11:38] Sonja Strom: In that photo to the right is a Fachwerk house, but to the left is a stone house.
[11:38] You: personally, i also appreciate some variety
[11:38] You: yes
[11:38] You: but please understand
[11:38] You: when we do this seminar
[11:38] You: we are NOT giving poeple bluprints
[11:38] You: they have freedom inside a certain style
[11:39] You: see?
[11:39] Sudane Erato: sorry again
[11:39] Sonja Strom: But Fachwerk is a particular style - and represents one approach.
[11:39] You: Sonja
[11:40] You: let's do this
[11:40] Sonja Strom: Most old-time cities include several different styles and approaches.
[11:40] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:40] You: you please reserach what is defined for the City in teh covenants
[11:40] You: and we will see what we can do, starting from there
[11:41] Jon Seattle: :) nods
[11:41] You: what do you say?
[11:41] Sonja Strom: The covenants must not require that all buildings be Fachwerk, or a lot of the buildings in NFS would be out of code.
[11:41] Sonja Strom: Including the Schloss and the Museum of Modern Art.
[11:41] Bjerkel Eerie: most of the changes coresopnd to an upturn in the economy with subsequet demoliton of the existing houseing stock.. I think a good backstory for the differences is in order to create a context
[11:41] You: Sonja
[11:42] You: don't forget that covenants may make exceptions
[11:42] You: for special buildings
[11:42] Sonja Strom: Thanks Bjerkel, I agree!
[11:42] You: such as those you mentioned
[11:42] You: also, don't forget
[11:42] You: that chancellor may make waivers
[11:42] Sonja Strom: This new area can be excepted.
[11:42] You: so, please research
[11:42] You: not without altering the covenant, which must be voted at the RA
[11:43] Sonja Strom: I can propose it in the RA.
[11:43] Sonja Strom: There is a way to do almost anything in SL.
[11:43] You: of course
[11:44] You: if you would like to see a new kind of deployment in that area
[11:44] You: please feel free to propose an alteration in that covenant
[11:44] Sonja Strom: I thought that is why we were talking about it.
[11:44] You: Guild can help with maps, etc
[11:44] Sonja Strom: Sure, thanks!
[11:44] You: just understand
[11:44] You: that atm, i don't have the NFS covenant for that area present
[11:45] You: i know it is the more restrictive covenant in NFS
[11:45] You: but it's all i know from memory
[11:45] You: so... let's seee what it says firt of all
[11:45] You: if we don't like what it says, then we can try and alter it
[11:46] Sonja Strom: Well, we can work toward getting the covenant for that area changed, if that is what we want.
[11:46] Sonja Strom: Right.
[11:46] You: for me, i welcome any deployment in that area
[11:46] You: with ONE condition
[11:46] You: that a passage to a future NFS-Ost be kept at that area
[11:46] You: as it already appears at Sleazy plans
[11:47] You: he leaves a nice walk by the wall
[11:47] You: which can easily become an arch to the new sim
[11:47] You: you understand why, of course
[11:47] Patroklus Murakami: bye for now folks :) gotta go eat
[11:47] You: bye Pat .)
[11:47] Pip Torok: cheers Pat ! ...
[11:47] You: we still have quorum
[11:48] You: let's proceed hmmm
[11:48] You: is there RA today?
[11:48] Jon Seattle: Bye Pat :)
[11:48] ThePrincess Parisi: yes
[11:48] ThePrincess Parisi: cn
[11:48] ThePrincess Parisi: bye
[11:48] Sonja Strom: Sure, that seems OK. The only problem I personally see with some of that is how the water flows through that area with no context.
[11:48] Arria Perreault: bye
[11:48] PMRobert Walpole: was there any action on the neufreistadt discussion?
[11:48] You: i am asking because i like to give a few minutes for reps to relax before RA
[11:48] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:49] Sonja Strom: Robert, I don't think we have taken any action so far.
[11:49] You: Robert
[11:49] Sonja Strom: Mostly I just wanted the Guild to keep talking about development of that area.
[11:49] PMRobert Walpole: excellent
[11:49] You: NFS covenants to be reserached and analysed
[11:49] You: to see what they allow in terms of deployment
[11:50] You: then, try and mix the Build your Own House seminars with the deployment plan
[11:50] Sonja Strom: Moon, yes there should be an RA meeting today.
[11:50] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:50] You: and you need some minutes
[11:50] You: so i propose this
[11:50] You: let's table this discussion
[11:50] You: for next meeting
[11:50] Sonja Strom: However, I really do not want builds in that area to be completely restricted by existing covenants.
[11:50] PMRobert Walpole: are we tabling info centre topic till next meeeting?
[11:51] Sonja Strom: If we as a community want something outside of them, we should be able to talk about that too.
[11:51] You: wait wait wait
[11:51] You: atm,. let's fisnish with altenstadt topic
[11:51] Sonja Strom: I personally do not especially, as I have no particular vision for that area.
[11:51] You: because sonja needs to go to RA, ok?
[11:51] You: so
[11:51] You: my motion is
[11:51] You: table this discussion for next meeting
[11:51] Sonja Strom: It is only, we can look at the existing covenants, but I don't want them to limit what can be done.
[11:52] You: while we do the necessaruy reserach
[11:52] You: do you all agree?
[11:52] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:52] Sonja Strom: yes
[11:52] Sudane Erato: sure
[11:52] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:52] Bjerkel Eerie: sure
[11:52] Pip Torok: aye
[11:53] You: aye and passed
[11:53] Jon Seattle: yes
[11:53] You: Sonja, beep me during the week so i go and analyze those covenants, ok, please?
[11:53] Sonja Strom: When do you want me to do that?
[11:53] You: when you can lol
[11:53] Sonja Strom: any time...
[11:54] You: i am always more or less around and get my IMs in my mail
[11:54] Sonja Strom: It is your request :-)
[11:54] You: it's just so that i don't forget :)
[11:54] PMRobert Walpole: motion to table info centre discussion too?
[11:54] Sonja Strom: ok
[11:54] You: ok guys
[11:54] You: Robert, just a sec
[11:54] You: RA in 5 minutes
[11:55] You: everyone wanting to go and assist RA, feel free to leave
[11:55] You: and we will check quorums
[11:55] Arria Perreault: what are the next theme?
[11:55] You: if we still have quorum, then i propose meeting to extend for 30 minutes more
[11:55] Arria Perreault: is*
[11:56] You: 4. CDS information Centre (submitted by Alex)
[11:56] You: Açlex asked me to ask you to introduce it
[11:56] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[11:56] You: do we still have quorum?
[11:57] You: i think so
[11:57] You: Arria, please go on
[11:57] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:57] Pip Torok: afk
[11:58] Arria Perreault: me
[11:58] Arria Perreault: CDS Information Centre?
[11:59] You: yes
[11:59] Arria Perreault: I have no idea, sorry
[11:59] You: hm
[11:59] Arria Perreault: Is it the idea to use the Schloss for Chancellor
[11:59] You: wll,
[11:59] Arria Perreault: ?
[11:59] You: no
[11:59] You: i don't know what it is!
[11:59] You: this is what Alex wrote:
[12:00] Arria Perreault: I will ask him for the next meeting
[12:00] You: Alex wrote this for the PREVIOUS meeting
[12:00] You: it had to be tabled for this one
[12:00] You: "The CDS is in great need of promotional objects, gadgets, textures. We need them to present the CDS on an inspiring manner at our info hubs, possible consulates and SL events. I think that the Guild is the best place to ask for creative solutions and request you to put a 'CDS Information Centre' in your agenda."
[12:01] Arria Perreault: I see
[12:01] Arria Perreault: sorry
[12:01] Arria Perreault: Alex is working on the establishment of consulates
[12:01] Bjerkel Eerie: I think it had somthing to do with the need to get rid of the trashpile on the path thru AM
[12:01] Jon Seattle: I see.
[12:01] Jon Seattle: Where?
[12:01] Arria Perreault: I am working on booths for some events outside CDS but to promote our image
[12:02] Arria Perreault: for these places, we need objects, gadgets, textures
[12:02] Bjerkel Eerie: when you start up the hill you run into "freebie" yard sale
[12:02] Arria Perreault: ok
[12:02] You: well
[12:02] You: my 10c on the matter
[12:02] You: first of all
[12:02] Arria Perreault: Sleazy has made nice things
[12:03] You: it's not useful that we distribute same freebies that are distributed in gazillions other places
[12:03] You: we should distribute CDS frebies
[12:03] You: with our brand
[12:03] Arria Perreault: yes
[12:03] Arria Perreault: typical products
[12:04] You: this, btw, is what i tell my clients
[12:04] Bjerkel Eerie: but it seems a bit commercial to have it outside and I was told to remove my ski stand
[12:04] You: so it's really a marketing advice4
[12:04] You: then
[12:04] Arria Perreault: so if you have ideas, or already done objects ...
[12:04] You: what i think Alex and you as PIo need to do is
[12:04] You: structure your speficiations
[12:04] You: and hand us them
[12:05] Arria Perreault: OK. I am preparing a booth next week
[12:05] You: because then we can get a workgroup to do those things
[12:05] Arria Perreault: I will have a better idea of what we need
[12:05] You: or make a contest, say, if Chanc has money to pay ;)
[12:05] Arria Perreault: the Chancellor has money if he get it from CDS
[12:06] You: ok, these are PR expenses
[12:06] You: he get them from teh RA
[12:06] You: :)
[12:06] Arria Perreault: yes
[12:06] You: but we need to know exactly what you want
[12:06] Arria Perreault: ok
[12:06] You: so we can start getting used to work with specs
[12:06] Arria Perreault: I'll make a list
[12:07] You: ok, great :)
[12:07] Arria Perreault: we could prepare a material that we transfer to next PIO
[12:07] You: well, it can fall under CA rules
[12:07] You: and CA hands it to future PIOs
[12:07] You: also an advice
[12:07] You: think versatile stuff
[12:07] Arria Perreault: CA?
[12:08] You: content archivist
[12:08] Arria Perreault: ok
[12:08] You: because the CDS is growing
[12:08] Arria Perreault: is it Aliasi?
[12:08] You: and you don't want t build a new info kiosk everytime we get a new sim
[12:08] You: yes
[12:08] You: so think intead of notecards, textures, etc
[12:09] Arria Perreault: ok
[12:09] You: think connecting it to portal, pass slideshows of pics, etc
[12:09] You: see what i mean?
[12:09] Arria Perreault: yes
[12:09] You: something that you can easily add more info to it
[12:09] You: ok guys
[12:09] You: Robert
[12:10] You: action: Alex and Arria will provide a list of specs
[12:10] You: ok guys
[12:10] You: now i am going to ask you a favour
[12:10] You: my plumbing issues in my kitchen are still going on...
[12:11] You: can we move to adjourn?
[12:11] Arria Perreault: yes, np
[12:11] Sudane Erato: great :)
[12:11] Pip Torok: yes
[12:11] Arria Perreault: no plumbing issues in SL ;-)
[12:11] Jon Seattle: yes
[12:11] Sudane Erato: hehe
[12:11] You: well, i am frustrated
[12:11] Arria Perreault: thank you Moon
[12:11] You: i generally can solve them myself :(
[12:11] Jon Seattle: well, we can have a project to create plumbing problems in SL..
[12:11] You: thank you all guys
[12:12] Arria Perreault: yes, it would be fun
[12:12] Arria Perreault: see you soon
[12:12] Jon Seattle hugs moon :)
[12:12] You: ADJOURNED

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”