Small (I hope) emergency with Sudane' s records.

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Small (I hope) emergency with Sudane' s records.

Post by Sudane Erato »

I have had what I hope is only a small emergency here at my office, where the computer I use for my business info, both RL and SL, refuses to start.

I expect to have something functional again by tomorrow. I don't think the problem is the HD. The books of the City are stored on our server, but the critical Land Journal and Role of Citizens is on that drive. The last Ghost back-up of that drive was a few weeks ago, so, if by chance I do lose that drive, I will have some reconstructing to do.

I'm sorry to add another bit of chaos into this harried time. I hope everything will be straightened out in a day or so. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sudane

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Just a "sigh of relief" follow up. The HD in the failed machine has been successfully retrieved. In fact, it works fine. And, guess what's just been copied in their entirety to our main servers? My complete Second Life directory... hehe....

I'll still be a few days getting back to normal, so please bear with me. But I do have access now to the critical Land Journal and Roll of Citizens.

Sudane

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Sudane, I'm sorry about all the "hiccups" with your computer :( I'm glad, though, that you haven't lost anything crucial — either for your SL or RL work :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Return to “General Discussion”