The Vision Thing

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

The Vision Thing

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

Bjerkel has written an interesting post on her vision of CDS:

Bjerkeleerie wrote:

On my view, CDS could be about providing opportunities for its virtual citizenry to find self expression thru creative activities in the arts, crafts, sciences, humanities, and recreation.... I think many of us are here to avoid the capricious tyranny of private island owners and the anarchy of the mainland. Better to be ruled by equals and have a right of redress by a court of peers, than to serve under even a well meaning, but dictatorial sim lord, or try to be creative in the cacophony of the mainland

Anybody else care to chime in on their vision of what we are or can become?

Desmond Shang
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: The Vision Thing

Post by Desmond Shang »

Yeah, that rocked! What Bjerkel said!!!

Especially the part about dictatorial but well-meaning sim lords...

Oh, wait...

*goes back to corner*

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Justice Soothsayer wrote:

Bjerkel has written an interesting post on her vision of CDS:

Bjerkeleerie wrote:

On my view, CDS could be about providing opportunities for its virtual citizenry to find self expression thru creative activities in the arts, crafts, sciences, humanities, and recreation.... I think many of us are here to avoid the capricious tyranny of private island owners and the anarchy of the mainland. Better to be ruled by equals and have a right of redress by a court of peers, than to serve under even a well meaning, but dictatorial sim lord, or try to be creative in the cacophony of the mainland

Anybody else care to chime in on their vision of what we are or can become?

I particularly appreciated Bjerkel's speculation that the most interesting thing in CDS was the possibility of a group doing creative work together. Her thought that the "best" periods in CDS history were probably the times when building was actually underway is probably right on, and I'd be interested to hear from those who were involved whether this is accurate.

Personally, the opportunity to participate in a large-scale project like the building of a new sim is exactly why I settled here and started to get involved with the Guild. That's also my primary personal motivation for supporting the addition of a new sim: despite the turbulence of the process of getting it approved, I perceive that having such interesting work underway can be a positive influence on the community. Probably one is not possible without the other....

Cindy

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

I'm not a builder, and never pretend to be one, as the only think I've built is a set of bookcases. But I very much enjoy supporting the creative efforts of some very talented builders in CDS. The Monastery, for example, is fascinating, and although I didn't shape a prim, I did have a chance to contribute to its support. I would welcome more such opportunities.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Ditto --

As with the Monastery, which was pre-built on my land, I would be happy to contribute a sandbox-like building site in my Malfelonius sim for future Guild projects (at least until my Justice Center has enough tenants that I need the prims).

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
bjerkeleerie
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by bjerkeleerie »

"The Vison Thing" thread seems to be ending like Conrad Aiken's 'Secret Silent Snow" not as a blooming rose, but as a flower that closes its petals inward on itself and becomes a seed.... :roll:

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

I'm with your vision, Bjerkel. Sounds good to me! :D

Return to “General Discussion”