RA Meeting 12 April 2008 - transcript

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:56 pm

RA Meeting 12 April 2008 - transcript

Post by Jamie Palisades »

See http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1795 for a non-normative (unofficial) index of the action items and main points from this meeting.
Transcript of 12 April 2008 Representative Assembly Meeting
Recorded by Jamie Palisades (= "You", below)
Topic separators "----" inserted to separate agenda items

[2008/04/12 8:59] Second Life: Too many instant messages. Delivery capped.
[2008/04/12 8:59] Teleport completed from
[2008/04/12 9:00] PMRobert Walpole gave you Non-Cumulation of Mandates Act (2. Draft) - PMRobert Walpole.
[2008/04/12 9:04] Sonja Strom: hi Jamie :)
[2008/04/12 9:04] Sonja Strom: I thought so.
[2008/04/12 9:07] Sonja Strom: Hi Dnate! :)
[2008/04/12 9:07] Dnate Mars: hi
[2008/04/12 9:07] Sonja Strom: Looks like a small group so far.
[2008/04/12 9:08] You: Good morning, I'm in IM with some of the others, seeing if we are going to get a quorum :)
[2008/04/12 9:08] Sonja Strom: ok
[2008/04/12 9:08] Sonja Strom: Will you have a notecard-giver?
[2008/04/12 9:09] Cup of fresh ground coffee whispers: Now THAT I needed!
[2008/04/12 9:11] You: well I am asking Prin to join us - I do not see Beathan on line
[2008/04/12 9:11] Sonja Strom: hmm
[2008/04/12 9:12] You: And I know that MT's offline - you'll recall that he said he would be absent this week due to travel
[2008/04/12 9:12] Sonja Strom: Hi Robert!
[2008/04/12 9:12] PMRobert Walpole: Cheers all
[2008/04/12 9:12] PMRobert Walpole: Another DPU meeting? :)
[2008/04/12 9:12] Sonja Strom: I don't know why, but I can't get my IM window to work now...
[2008/04/12 9:13] You: Apparently. You're the gentleman who sent that citizen bill in.
[2008/04/12 9:13] Sonja Strom: can you see my typing?
[2008/04/12 9:13] You: Are you DPU also, in that avatar Mr Walpole?
[2008/04/12 9:13] You: yes Sonja I can
[2008/04/12 9:14] PMRobert Walpole: Indeed. Thank you for your confirmation. Did you also get my Second draft ?
[2008/04/12 9:14] You: also, Sonja my IM *seems* to work - I have been conversing
[2008/04/12 9:14] You: Just this morning
[2008/04/12 9:14] PMRobert Walpole: Ah thank you.
[2008/04/12 9:15] You: Good morning Prin, and thank you for coming
[2008/04/12 9:15] You: I see we have quorum technically, though a small one it is being 3 out of 5 seated -
[2008/04/12 9:15] PMRobert Walpole: Yes I am a DPU member
[2008/04/12 9:15] You: :)
[2008/04/12 9:15] You: A moment while I check again on the others I'd thought we would see - Beathan & Alexicon
[2008/04/12 9:16] Sonja Strom: me too.
[2008/04/12 9:16] Sonja Strom: Your email was clear.
[2008/04/12 9:17] ThePrincess Parisi: where did dnate go
[2008/04/12 9:18] Sonja Strom: Don't know.
[2008/04/12 9:18] You: well then
[2008/04/12 9:18] You: Here's my suggestion
[2008/04/12 9:18] ThePrincess Parisi: well i thought it was today at noon
[2008/04/12 9:19] ThePrincess Parisi: until last night
[2008/04/12 9:19] ThePrincess Parisi: beathan might too
[2008/04/12 9:19] Sonja Strom: today at noon?
[2008/04/12 9:19] You: We are quorate under our own rules, ...
[2008/04/12 9:19] ThePrincess Parisi: fine
[2008/04/12 9:19] You: oops - listening to Prin first
[2008/04/12 9:19] ThePrincess Parisi: you better
[2008/04/12 9:19] ThePrincess Parisi: about what
[2008/04/12 9:20] You: hmm. It was my impression that we announced and discussed the time change last week with all RA members present.
[2008/04/12 9:20] Sonja Strom: mine too.
[2008/04/12 9:20] You: Let me check that - it would be unfair to proceed now, if that was not so.
[2008/04/12 9:20] ThePrincess Parisi: no you did i just didnt read it
[2008/04/12 9:20] Sonja Strom: sure
[2008/04/12 9:20] You: ah good then - thx - saves me the time
[2008/04/12 9:20] ThePrincess Parisi: i just thought it was the same time for suome reason
[2008/04/12 9:21] ThePrincess Parisi: my fault
[2008/04/12 9:21] You: then let's proceed with quorum present, skipping items where there's either a necessary protagnoist, or some other eason to wait
[2008/04/12 9:21] ThePrincess Parisi: then lets go on
[2008/04/12 9:21] ThePrincess Parisi: if we have quaroum
[2008/04/12 9:21] ThePrincess Parisi: yeah.........
[2008/04/12 9:21] ThePrincess Parisi: nope but i want it clear that alexicon is shirking again
[2008/04/12 9:21] ThePrincess Parisi: im really upset with the chancleoors office jamie
[2008/04/12 9:22] ThePrincess Parisi: are we recorded yet?
[2008/04/12 9:22] ThePrincess Parisi: i have a question to you about alexicon, jamie
[2008/04/12 9:22] You: We're called to order then - and yes (small smile) we took the precaution to adopt a rule clarifying quorum, which has not been challenged, and under which we are in fact quorate with 3 of the 5 seated members present
[2008/04/12 9:22] You: yes we're in session. A Q before we begin, Prin?
[2008/04/12 9:22] ThePrincess Parisi: did you talk to him about why no one inclueding me........is getting reimbursed and / or paid for budget items approved.. and where is he on the budget at all
[2008/04/12 9:22] You: 1a
[2008/04/12 9:23] You: would all present please assent to recording. I so assent.
[2008/04/12 9:23] ThePrincess Parisi: he was to get back to us on the project with teh website probposal
[2008/04/12 9:23] ThePrincess Parisi: i assent
[2008/04/12 9:23] Sonja Strom: I assent.
[2008/04/12 9:23] PMRobert Walpole: aye
[2008/04/12 9:23] You: prin I have a report on that, which will come up on the agenda :)
[2008/04/12 9:23] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[2008/04/12 9:23] ThePrincess Parisi: wtf is going on with him and its gotta be fixed.. and what did he say
[2008/04/12 9:23] You: 1b
[2008/04/12 9:23] You: approve agenda :)
[2008/04/12 9:23] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[2008/04/12 9:24] You: it is posted here:
[2008/04/12 9:24] You: http://forums.slcds.info//viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1774
[2008/04/12 9:24] ThePrincess Parisi: i read it
[2008/04/12 9:24] You: I will suggest ...
[2008/04/12 9:24] ThePrincess Parisi: ok, and MT said I can either talk about commerce for him or wait
[2008/04/12 9:24] You: that we skip the Chancellor report if Alexi is not present - though I did confirm it with him earlier this week
[2008/04/12 9:24] You: .. and also, there may be some items where we wish to wait
[2008/04/12 9:25] ThePrincess Parisi: i think we should at least discuss the controversial isse with the commerce commission in MTs absesence
[2008/04/12 9:25] You: let's see when we get to them
[2008/04/12 9:25] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[2008/04/12 9:25] You: let me also note we have a rule (as of last month) permitting citizens to proposed bills ...
[2008/04/12 9:25] You: ... and we have one from Mr Walpole, who's present, and which appears later ...
[2008/04/12 9:26] You: ... on the agenda (and I think he will have a suggested update for us then)
[2008/04/12 9:26] ThePrincess Parisi: let me se e if i can get any citizens here
[2008/04/12 9:26] PMRobert Walpole: Thank you for putting it on the agenda sir
[2008/04/12 9:26] You: any proposed changes to the agenda for now?
[2008/04/12 9:26] You: hearing none, let's take it as approved, and adjust on the fly, if needed
[2008/04/12 9:26] You: 1c
[2008/04/12 9:27] ThePrincess Parisi: its fine with me
[2008/04/12 9:27] You: Routine announcement: if anyone wishes to speak on an agenda item they should so indicate - and I will assume Mr Walpole's on the list for his proposal
[2008/04/12 9:27] Sonja Strom: I didn't look through all of your links -- is the agenda the same as what you sent out earlier?
[2008/04/12 9:27] You: thx Prin
[2008/04/12 9:27] You: yes
[2008/04/12 9:27] PMRobert Walpole: Indeed
[2008/04/12 9:27] You: yes Sonja, it's consistent with the e-mail on - hm - Wed or Thur
[2008/04/12 9:27] Sonja Strom: ok
[2008/04/12 9:27] You: 1d then
[2008/04/12 9:28] You: Routine request: if anyone sees flaws in the posted transcripts or summaries, please let me know - or just make a corrective posting
[2008/04/12 9:28] You: but if you do the latter, please let me know, so I see it
[2008/04/12 9:28] You: 1e
[2008/04/12 9:28] You: future RA meetings
[2008/04/12 9:28] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[2008/04/12 9:29] You: :P i am not feeling good about our results today ...
[2008/04/12 9:29] Sonja Strom: right...
[2008/04/12 9:29] ThePrincess Parisi: MT would normally be here
[2008/04/12 9:29] You: hm
[2008/04/12 9:29] ThePrincess Parisi: and this time is good for him but this week he had a atypical rl conflict
[2008/04/12 9:29] You: should we stay with this same slot next week, and see?
[2008/04/12 9:29] Sonja Strom: I have a question about that.
[2008/04/12 9:29] ThePrincess Parisi: id ask beathan
[2008/04/12 9:30] You: sonja?
[2008/04/12 9:30] Sonja Strom: If we did want to have referendum questions on the April ballot, would they still be able to make it in time if the first time we debate them is next week?
[2008/04/12 9:30] You: good Q
[2008/04/12 9:31] You: I *think* Arria is plannig a debate - hm - let me check calendar
[2008/04/12 9:31] Sonja Strom: Jon is in-world, I will IM him.
[2008/04/12 9:31] You: next weekend
[2008/04/12 9:32] You: Sonja, it seems to me obvious that any referendum must be on the ballot by the time the ballot opens :)
[2008/04/12 9:32] You: now
[2008/04/12 9:32] You: the SC owns the ballot process
[2008/04/12 9:32] You: and has seemed in the past to me to be somewhat hostile to referenda ...
[2008/04/12 9:33] You: I could be wrong, smile, shrug
[2008/04/12 9:33] ThePrincess Parisi: the questions you handed out sonja.. that would be binding and over turn what the RA voted on already
[2008/04/12 9:33] ThePrincess Parisi: i can tell you nuCARE wont support that
[2008/04/12 9:33] You: but I'd say we need to get it passed soon, if you want to hand it to them in time for them to deliberate and, maybe, approve it. I point out to you that any constitutional amendment is thought by some of our more consevartive factions to require a minimum of 5 votes
[2008/04/12 9:34] ThePrincess Parisi: all factions have stated in manifestos that they want a new sim.. and we voted on a theme that is conssitent with the master paln
[2008/04/12 9:34] ThePrincess Parisi: i see no point in making it go through a vote and all unless its to stall
[2008/04/12 9:34] You: hm
[2008/04/12 9:34] You: let's focus on next RA meeting for the moment
[2008/04/12 9:34] Sonja Strom: I just sent Jon an IM to ask him that question.
[2008/04/12 9:35] You: sonja, do your plans to introduce bills give us ny guidance on when you'd want us to meet next?
[2008/04/12 9:35] ThePrincess Parisi: well we arent suppoting it in its form right now
[2008/04/12 9:35] ThePrincess Parisi: so if you need us its not a go ....how many votes do you need
[2008/04/12 9:35] You: OK - ahem :)
[2008/04/12 9:35] You: let's do that in its ownut agenda item
[2008/04/12 9:36] You: for now
[2008/04/12 9:36] Sonja Strom: He said if we were to decide next week to put them on the April ballot, that he could still include them.
[2008/04/12 9:36] You: may I assume we are OK to set the next RA meetign one week from today, same time?
[2008/04/12 9:36] Sonja Strom: So I am OK with talking about this more next week.
[2008/04/12 9:36] You: at 9 am SLT next Saturday?
[2008/04/12 9:36] Sonja Strom: sure
[2008/04/12 9:36] You: I will take that as agreed and move on then
[2008/04/12 9:37] You: 1f
[2008/04/12 9:37] You: consent items - I have none - anyone?
[2008/04/12 9:37] Sonja Strom: Sorry, what is a consent item?
[2008/04/12 9:38] Sonja Strom: Hi Alexicon!
[2008/04/12 9:38] Sonja Strom: Welcome
[2008/04/12 9:38] Alexicon Kurka: Hi all
[2008/04/12 9:38] You: under our rules Sonja, we set aside time for any quick noncontroversial items
[2008/04/12 9:38] You: :)
[2008/04/12 9:38] You: Hi Alexi - a moment please
[2008/04/12 9:38] Sonja Strom: ok, no I don't have any.
[2008/04/12 9:38] You: Sonja, we have none this week
[2008/04/12 9:38] You: :)
[2008/04/12 9:39] You: Excellent timing - Alexi please assent on the record to being recorded in our transcript
[2008/04/12 9:39] Alexicon Kurka: do I have to click on an object?
[2008/04/12 9:39] You: next item
[2008/04/12 9:39] You: 2
[2008/04/12 9:39] You: no just say I agree :)
[2008/04/12 9:39] Alexicon Kurka: I agree
[2008/04/12 9:40] You: And it's time for the Chancellor's Report :) note this is set by our rules as a regular item - once a month I think?
[2008/04/12 9:40] Alexicon Kurka: OK is it my time now?
[2008/04/12 9:40] You: yes
[2008/04/12 9:41] Alexicon Kurka: I suggest to keep the chancellor's hours for the last weekend of each month
[2008/04/12 9:41] Alexicon Kurka: but this time I messed my chance so we can do it today
[2008/04/12 9:41] You: OK, starting in 2 weeks, then?
[2008/04/12 9:41] Alexicon Kurka: I have two issues I want to talk with you about
[2008/04/12 9:42] Alexicon Kurka: 1.- Consulates
[2008/04/12 9:42] Alexicon Kurka: I have had contacts with Rome and Caledon about it
[2008/04/12 9:42] Alexicon Kurka: we can start with these two locations soon if we wish to
[2008/04/12 9:43] Alexicon Kurka: The idea is that we will rent a commercial area and put there our communication items
[2008/04/12 9:44] Alexicon Kurka: Rome: as they do it on CNB allready it is more logical to begin there, althoug there is not much similarity exept the theme of the sim
[2008/04/12 9:44] Alexicon Kurka: Caledon: this is a more interesting sim group for CDS
[2008/04/12 9:44] Alexicon Kurka: but
[2008/04/12 9:44] ThePrincess Parisi: Roma or Rome?
[2008/04/12 9:44] You: hsould we hold questions for the end of your talk, or ask you questions now?
[2008/04/12 9:44] ThePrincess Parisi: Roman Empire.. is rome.. mikeD streeter?
[2008/04/12 9:44] ThePrincess Parisi: or roma.. of torin
[2008/04/12 9:44] Alexicon Kurka: we still have the chance that they will drawn us instead og us geting some of their citizens
[2008/04/12 9:45] Alexicon Kurka: Roma, torin
[2008/04/12 9:45] ThePrincess Parisi: i asked him this six months ago
[2008/04/12 9:45] Alexicon Kurka: so I need the ideas and OK of the RA to take final steps
[2008/04/12 9:45] You: hm - OK, Alexi seems ready for questions about consulates
[2008/04/12 9:45] You: I have two
[2008/04/12 9:45] You: anyone else?
[2008/04/12 9:45] ThePrincess Parisi: this is a done deal and its already beendone
[2008/04/12 9:45] ThePrincess Parisi: what is your concern?
[2008/04/12 9:45] You: eh?
[2008/04/12 9:46] You: what is a done deal, and who says so? `Sorry, thought we were getting report from the executive?
[2008/04/12 9:46] ThePrincess Parisi: this is something we have already done, fems land for example has this
[2008/04/12 9:46] Alexicon Kurka: it is mostly for Caledon, I worry about the effect on us
[2008/04/12 9:46] You: *sigh*
[2008/04/12 9:46] ThePrincess Parisi: of putting a info box there and them reciprocating?
[2008/04/12 9:47] Alexicon Kurka: they will do it here as well, unless we don't let them to
[2008/04/12 9:47] You: ok, let me ask Alexi a few questions please, for clarity
[2008/04/12 9:47] ThePrincess Parisi: that is someting that we have already done.. if you were wroried about that then putting Andalus's events in the forum would be a thing that is more worrisome than caledon
[2008/04/12 9:47] You: 1. Does this activity as YOU see it Alexicon require RA approval, or legislation, or budget change?
[2008/04/12 9:47] ThePrincess Parisi: andalus is also a democracy
[2008/04/12 9:47] Alexicon Kurka: we are talking about more permanent steps here tP
[2008/04/12 9:47] You: Prin, please wait
[2008/04/12 9:48] Alexicon Kurka: It requires some budget
[2008/04/12 9:48] Alexicon Kurka: so I need your approval
[2008/04/12 9:48] ThePrincess Parisi holds up her hand
[2008/04/12 9:48] Alexicon Kurka: no legislation
[2008/04/12 9:48] You: OK - so when you are ready, you will bring us a budget, yet?
[2008/04/12 9:49] Alexicon Kurka: we are talking about 2500 per month
[2008/04/12 9:49] ThePrincess Parisi: how much budget and for what.. :)
[2008/04/12 9:49] You: I will hold my second Q until ThePrincess has hers. Prin?
[2008/04/12 9:49] ThePrincess Parisi: omg for what?
[2008/04/12 9:49] Alexicon Kurka: for two locations
[2008/04/12 9:49] Alexicon Kurka: rent of 250 per week per location
[2008/04/12 9:49] ThePrincess Parisi: what is that for rental.. did you find out that torin will let you rent ..............for that
[2008/04/12 9:49] You: so we would *rent* space, just like people rent ithere, yes?
[2008/04/12 9:49] Alexicon Kurka: yes :)
[2008/04/12 9:49] ThePrincess Parisi: torin said yes?
[2008/04/12 9:49] Alexicon Kurka: yes
[2008/04/12 9:49] ThePrincess Parisi: and what exactly do you put in the space in roma
[2008/04/12 9:50] Alexicon Kurka: the only problem with ROme is that if we want a nice place we have to wait
[2008/04/12 9:50] You: any other questions (noting we still do not have a detailed proposal to approve), Prin?
[2008/04/12 9:50] ThePrincess Parisi: you will wait forever
[2008/04/12 9:50] ThePrincess Parisi: and in caledon...........
[2008/04/12 9:50] Sonja Strom: I have one.
[2008/04/12 9:50] ThePrincess Parisi: i think there are plenty of places that we can set out boxes ith info and LM givers that are free
[2008/04/12 9:50] You: Prin, Alexi's time is 2/3rds up, let's let others ask. Sonja?
[2008/04/12 9:51] ThePrincess Parisi: for ppl who already have stalls, alexicon,you have a stall in roma.. canyou please put one prim for our community
[2008/04/12 9:51] Alexicon Kurka: where do you have a place Sonja?
[2008/04/12 9:51] ThePrincess Parisi: i will put one in Rome
[2008/04/12 9:51] ThePrincess Parisi: and you can put them in featherman and novatron
[2008/04/12 9:51] ThePrincess Parisi: i think the money is unnecessary ..
[2008/04/12 9:51] Sonja Strom: Have we/you talked with them about exchanging consulates? I mean, could we provide them space here in exchange for our space there?
[2008/04/12 9:51] Alexicon Kurka: So we may use your own plots tP and Sonja?
[2008/04/12 9:52] ThePrincess Parisi: can we have one prim in roma?
[2008/04/12 9:52] Sonja Strom: Possibly.
[2008/04/12 9:52] ThePrincess Parisi: mine.. yes
[2008/04/12 9:52] Sonja Strom: But we could also give them space in the new development.
[2008/04/12 9:52] You: This is not a legislative discussion yet, just pre-planning :) When Alexicon has a *proposal* and budget he will bring it back here. Alexi has 4 minutes left and another topic?
[2008/04/12 9:52] ThePrincess Parisi: alexicon can you put a box and LM giver in your place in Roma
[2008/04/12 9:52] Sonja Strom: We are working on the "Altenburg" area of Neufreistadt right now.
[2008/04/12 9:52] Sonja Strom: Also we are working on a 4th sim.
[2008/04/12 9:53] Alexicon Kurka: I dont have any prims left thePrinces I already have an LM giver
[2008/04/12 9:53] You: "embassy row" Sonja? :)
[2008/04/12 9:53] ThePrincess Parisi: one prim?
[2008/04/12 9:53] ThePrincess Parisi: lmao
[2008/04/12 9:53] Alexicon Kurka: Caledon was willing to speak about exchange, Torin not
[2008/04/12 9:53] ThePrincess Parisi: take something out alexicon
[2008/04/12 9:53] You: Alexi, if you had a second topic, probably best to mention it. 3 minutes left
[2008/04/12 9:53] Sonja Strom: Maybe ~ ~
[2008/04/12 9:53] Alexicon Kurka: so my proposal for a rent budget is approved or not?
[2008/04/12 9:54] ThePrincess Parisi: make it
[2008/04/12 9:54] Sonja Strom: If it is really needed, I could offer some of my land - especially if it were intended to be temporary until a more permanent place would be found.
[2008/04/12 9:54] ThePrincess Parisi: its nto apporoved...
[2008/04/12 9:54] ThePrincess Parisi: i vote no
[2008/04/12 9:54] Alexicon Kurka: I mentioned an estimated 2500 per month for consulates renting
[2008/04/12 9:54] ThePrincess Parisi: yes i vote no
[2008/04/12 9:54] You: RA members, we are out of time for Alexi's report, and had planned to move on to CommerceCommission (next item) at 9:30, 25 minutes ago. Do you wish to extend this item now, or not?
[2008/04/12 9:55] Sonja Strom: I do.
[2008/04/12 9:55] ThePrincess Parisi: next item for alexicon?
[2008/04/12 9:55] ThePrincess Parisi: yes
[2008/04/12 9:55] You: As do I, for 5 minutes.
[2008/04/12 9:55] Alexicon Kurka: so only thePrincess votes today?
[2008/04/12 9:55] Alexicon Kurka: lol
[2008/04/12 9:55] Sonja Strom: Has a motion been made?
[2008/04/12 9:55] Alexicon Kurka: Please help me with the procedure Jammie
[2008/04/12 9:56] You: Yes. We'd need a motion. Alexi, I suspect we don't have enough info to approve $L2500 right now; can you post more, so we can read it for next week?
[2008/04/12 9:56] Alexicon Kurka: OK
[2008/04/12 9:56] You: or do yo have a reason why we need to vote this wek?
[2008/04/12 9:56] Alexicon Kurka: next is the webportal
[2008/04/12 9:56] You: OK, thx
[2008/04/12 9:56] You: 4 minutes
[2008/04/12 9:57] Alexicon Kurka: we are now close to a point of starting to build it
[2008/04/12 9:57] Sonja Strom: I really do want to support this effort.
[2008/04/12 9:57] Sonja Strom: However, it would be better if we found a way to avoid this expense.
[2008/04/12 9:57] Alexicon Kurka: design and content structuring is very far now
[2008/04/12 9:57] Sonja Strom: YAY!
[2008/04/12 9:58] ThePrincess Parisi: where is the proposal? and budget
[2008/04/12 9:59] Alexicon Kurka: my first idea involved a hosting of 100$us per month and a website building of around the 4000$US which I would donate to the CDS. My last idea is a hosting of $10US per month and a website of $1500 which I will still donate to the CDS
[2008/04/12 9:59] You: I think Alexi is still typing and reporting
[2008/04/12 9:59] ThePrincess Parisi: we need details of why and what
[2008/04/12 9:59] ThePrincess Parisi: MT said he would help you with a proper proposal many weeks ago
[2008/04/12 9:59] Sonja Strom: yes, it looks like he is having an "SL experience"
[2008/04/12 10:00] You: Alexicon, will we receive a specific budget and report from you, or are you asking for some approval now?
[2008/04/12 10:00] Alexicon Kurka: 1.- nobody was happy about me beeing ready to make such a big donation, 2.- my RL has become too busy to be able to support such a time investment for myself
[2008/04/12 10:00] ThePrincess Parisi: a donation? of what? your time so you can be paid, that is not a donation
[2008/04/12 10:01] Alexicon Kurka: I do a lot of corporate accounts RL, that is my living thePrincess
[2008/04/12 10:01] ThePrincess Parisi: donation means you give something for nothing in return
[2008/04/12 10:01] ThePrincess Parisi: well then you want to work for cds thats differnt
[2008/04/12 10:01] You: Prin. Wait until he;s done please
[2008/04/12 10:01] Alexicon Kurka: if I work for CDS I cannot work for other projects
[2008/04/12 10:01] ThePrincess Parisi: so you want us to pay you ?
[2008/04/12 10:01] ThePrincess Parisi: jamie i am clarifying
[2008/04/12 10:02] Alexicon Kurka: To avoid this discussion I propose to donate the site
[2008/04/12 10:02] You: Ultimately that's what I want to know too :) is there a budget request, or will you come back to us with one?
[2008/04/12 10:02] ThePrincess Parisi: we need a proper proposal the way we asked for this.......many weeks ago
[2008/04/12 10:02] You: there will still be a hosting fee, right?
[2008/04/12 10:02] Alexicon Kurka: so no budget request
[2008/04/12 10:02] Alexicon Kurka: I do not wish to host the website myself
[2008/04/12 10:02] ThePrincess Parisi: he already did this and we asked for a proposal
[2008/04/12 10:02] Alexicon Kurka: so there will be a regular cheap account in USA
[2008/04/12 10:03] ThePrincess Parisi: you have not given us a proposal alexicon
[2008/04/12 10:03] You: alexi, thissounds like a report, but not a requestfro action - which is fine. Do YOU think that RA needs to take any action to support the webportal?
[2008/04/12 10:04] Alexicon Kurka: So to summurise, I need an approval for opening a Typo3 hosting account at siteground
[2008/04/12 10:04] You: ah
[2008/04/12 10:04] Alexicon Kurka: (the rest was for your information)
[2008/04/12 10:04] You: at what cost? and has Sudane offered an opinion?
[2008/04/12 10:05] Alexicon Kurka: Sudane was OK already with the 100$US proposition
[2008/04/12 10:05] Alexicon Kurka: so she has no problems with the 10$ one
[2008/04/12 10:05] Alexicon Kurka: it was the RA that found the budget too high
[2008/04/12 10:05] You: Ok, then I;d say, RA can and should appove the $10US / mnth expense for now, as relatively minimal
[2008/04/12 10:05] Alexicon Kurka: so I come now with a lower proposition
[2008/04/12 10:05] ThePrincess Parisi: i think we need a rwitten proposal and have the ppl who know this area better to look at it
[2008/04/12 10:05] Alexicon Kurka: yes
[2008/04/12 10:06] You: if we learnin a few months that it's a problem, we can make alternate plans :)
[2008/04/12 10:06] Alexicon Kurka: yes
[2008/04/12 10:06] You: Prin, I hear you, but my own inclination would be to approve it
[2008/04/12 10:06] You: SOnja?
[2008/04/12 10:06] ThePrincess Parisi: not til i know why no one else gets money that is approved
[2008/04/12 10:06] ThePrincess Parisi: i am personally owed by / through the chancellor more than that
[2008/04/12 10:06] You: (it's Alexi's job to make sure we have good arrangements, not outs, an dthe cost/risk seems too low for us to fret)
[2008/04/12 10:07] ThePrincess Parisi: im not approving one dime fo rhim til i know what its going on
[2008/04/12 10:07] ThePrincess Parisi: i vote no
[2008/04/12 10:07] You: Sonja, we will do nothing at this meeting unless you want to move to approve the expense for now
[2008/04/12 10:07] You: :) too early to vote
[2008/04/12 10:07] You: no motion
[2008/04/12 10:08] Sonja Strom: no motion
[2008/04/12 10:08] You: OK then - it needs to wait a week
[2008/04/12 10:08] You: and Alexi, if you could post more info on this I thikn it will help
[2008/04/12 10:09] You: and also
[2008/04/12 10:09] Alexicon Kurka: In two weeks we have the next chancellors meeting
[2008/04/12 10:09] ThePrincess Parisi: how about the rest of the budget?
[2008/04/12 10:09] ThePrincess Parisi: hi fem
[2008/04/12 10:09] You: :) working on that too
[2008/04/12 10:09] ThePrincess Parisi: say i assent to be recorded
[2008/04/12 10:09] Alexicon Kurka: there are no changes in the rest of the budget, and Sudane gives monthly reports now
[2008/04/12 10:09] Feminist Expedition: hi prin :) hello all :)
[2008/04/12 10:09] You: Prin, the rules & process around the budget are - underwhelming
[2008/04/12 10:09] PMRobert Walpole: Hello
[2008/04/12 10:09] You: I am chatting with Sudane about our maybe doing a little more formally in RA about that
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: OK
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: Alexi, done for now?
[2008/04/12 10:10] Alexicon Kurka: yes thank you
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: thank you - and next exec report in 2 weeks
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: next item
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: 3
[2008/04/12 10:10] Alexicon Kurka: you will excuse me for now
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: would Femi please assent to being recorded
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: for our transcript
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: (and welcome)
[2008/04/12 10:10] Feminist Expedition: yup, that's fine
[2008/04/12 10:10] Feminist Expedition: thx :)
[2008/04/12 10:10] You: 3 is commerce comission
[2008/04/12 10:11] You: Prin? You ready on this, without MT the author?
[2008/04/12 10:11] ThePrincess Parisi: well MT posted the results on the forum
[2008/04/12 10:11] You: (see URI listed in today's agenda)
[2008/04/12 10:11] ThePrincess Parisi: and the one item that is controversial is the ultimate decision after other steps .. to take land away that is commerical and not being used as such
[2008/04/12 10:12] ThePrincess Parisi: i propose that we just discuss that and let MT do the report proper next week
[2008/04/12 10:12] You: Seems wise
[2008/04/12 10:12] You: I do have a Q about that myself
[2008/04/12 10:12] ThePrincess Parisi: i posted on my opnion today
[2008/04/12 10:12] ThePrincess Parisi: and it is
[2008/04/12 10:13] You: Did anyone consider a subset approach (no confiscation of current owners, but a covenant change for the parcels next time they change hands)?
[2008/04/12 10:13] You: *sunset
[2008/04/12 10:13] ThePrincess Parisi: the covenent says no w its commerical
[2008/04/12 10:13] ThePrincess Parisi: and i think personally thats enough
[2008/04/12 10:14] ThePrincess Parisi: if its clear in teh covenent that its commerical land, then its commerical land, and it is
[2008/04/12 10:14] ThePrincess Parisi: i think personally we need to try to sort out why its not working that way now...if someone wants help to make it commerical, we help them
[2008/04/12 10:14] ThePrincess Parisi: if they refuse help, take it
[2008/04/12 10:14] ThePrincess Parisi: pay them
[2008/04/12 10:14] ThePrincess Parisi: wh/ever
[2008/04/12 10:15] ThePrincess Parisi: but ppl complain we have no commerical activitiy then tie the govts hands to make that happen
[2008/04/12 10:15] ThePrincess Parisi: we cant have it both ways
[2008/04/12 10:15] ThePrincess Parisi: :)
[2008/04/12 10:15] You: hm - Prin have you proposed changes to the Commission draft, or (just for my understanding) are you speaking in favor of it as written?
[2008/04/12 10:16] Jamie Palisades looks for more typing ...?
[2008/04/12 10:16] ThePrincess Parisi: I think that at some point we have to have the option, and it was my virew of the commission, which had great participation, that there was that sense too, that in order for us to have thriving commerce the land deemed commericial has to be
[2008/04/12 10:16] ThePrincess Parisi: used that way
[2008/04/12 10:17] Feminist Expedition: should be procedures in the cov., re land not used that is specified commercial...
[2008/04/12 10:17] Feminist Expedition: ?
[2008/04/12 10:17] Feminist Expedition: that was a q :)
[2008/04/12 10:17] ThePrincess Parisi: they say its commerical
[2008/04/12 10:17] ThePrincess Parisi: they say that
[2008/04/12 10:17] ThePrincess Parisi: if you buy commerical and it says it has to be used as commerical already
[2008/04/12 10:17] Feminist Expedition: but need to give consequences of non-appropriate use...
[2008/04/12 10:17] Feminist Expedition: in my view
[2008/04/12 10:18] ThePrincess Parisi: its clear
[2008/04/12 10:18] Feminist Expedition: then, it's set up to take it back...
[2008/04/12 10:18] ThePrincess Parisi: it says you have to comply with the community's rules
[2008/04/12 10:18] Feminist Expedition: k
[2008/04/12 10:18] You: hmm - we are not going to have an action item today - so let's keep the discussion to 10 mins? Prin, you've had a fairly long time to speak. Any others? Our rules suggest speaking in turn, 2 mins or less each
[2008/04/12 10:18] Jamie Palisades looks around
[2008/04/12 10:19] You: Let's put further thoughts on the Forum then -
[2008/04/12 10:19] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[2008/04/12 10:19] You: http://forums.slcds.info//viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1611
[2008/04/12 10:19] You: next item
[2008/04/12 10:19] You: 4
[2008/04/12 10:19] You: LRA bills
[2008/04/12 10:20] You: I suggest we hold this one over until next week
[2008/04/12 10:20] ThePrincess Parisi: k
[2008/04/12 10:20] You: Really needs all RA members to have input, I think
[2008/04/12 10:20] ThePrincess Parisi: think so
[2008/04/12 10:20] You: and next weeek, Prin, one of you who crafted that original LRA bill can present it?
[2008/04/12 10:21] You: good
[2008/04/12 10:21] ThePrincess Parisi: MT can
[2008/04/12 10:21] You: next item then, good
[2008/04/12 10:21] You: 5
[2008/04/12 10:21] You: Private Development
[2008/04/12 10:21] You: This was mostly Beathan's bill
[2008/04/12 10:21] ThePrincess Parisi: i think we should still discuss it
[2008/04/12 10:21] You: and Guild plans to bring charter changes but not for another week orthree
[2008/04/12 10:22] You: OK, let's take 5 mins, see if it gets us anything on discussisn only ... Prin, you want your 2 mins first?
[2008/04/12 10:22] ThePrincess Parisi: nope i give mine, i support this.. i think its crucial
[2008/04/12 10:23] You: Sonja?
[2008/04/12 10:23] ThePrincess Parisi: id like to know what you think
[2008/04/12 10:23] Jamie Palisades looks around ...? sees no speakers
[2008/04/12 10:24] ThePrincess Parisi: you jamie? what do you think
[2008/04/12 10:24] Sonja Strom: Sorry, I often am slower than you guys.
[2008/04/12 10:24] Sonja Strom: If you want to hold the meetings in German, I will be faster :)
[2008/04/12 10:24] You: Prin, my own view is that there is a very good chance that Beathan and the Guild can integrate their views into something workable for everyone. Sonja? :)
[2008/04/12 10:24] Feminist Expedition: :)
[2008/04/12 10:24] You decline Winterfell - Medieval Gothic Vil, Winterfell (128, 225, 34) from A group member named Gabrielle Riel.
[2008/04/12 10:25] Sonja Strom: The DPU believes the CDS should build as much as it can with internal resources, but be willing to get outside help when it is stopped and would like help. The CDS has a lot of building resources. These are a little bit slow, but maybe not being used to their full potential.
[2008/04/12 10:26] ThePrincess Parisi: so only if the guild actually stopps?
[2008/04/12 10:26] ThePrincess Parisi: not to assist them ?
[2008/04/12 10:26] Sonja Strom: That is not my intention.
[2008/04/12 10:26] Sonja Strom: What I meant was, if there are difficulties moving forward with the resources we have.
[2008/04/12 10:26] ThePrincess Parisi: and we think they are
[2008/04/12 10:27] Sonja Strom: For example, if a car runs out of gas, then you go outside to get it some gas.
[2008/04/12 10:27] ThePrincess Parisi: what if you get two cars
[2008/04/12 10:27] ThePrincess Parisi: and you put gas in both
[2008/04/12 10:27] Sonja Strom: That is also a possibility.
[2008/04/12 10:27] ThePrincess Parisi: so you get more ppl there faster
[2008/04/12 10:27] You: :)
[2008/04/12 10:28] You: funf minuten
[2008/04/12 10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: farfegnugen
[2008/04/12 10:28] Sonja Strom: haha
[2008/04/12 10:28] You: haben sie keine meinungen uber die Private Development Proposal, biei diesr sitzung, wo wir bildn keine abschließende taetigkeit? :)
[2008/04/12 10:28] You: or are we done for now?
[2008/04/12 10:28] ThePrincess Parisi: im
[2008/04/12 10:29] ThePrincess Parisi: done
[2008/04/12 10:29] ThePrincess Parisi: but i am very curious on other stances
[2008/04/12 10:29] You: OK then
[2008/04/12 10:29] You: we shall ask the other two when they're her next week :)
[2008/04/12 10:29] You: and Beathan may have a new bill text by then
[2008/04/12 10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: they are both adamantly for this bill
[2008/04/12 10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: MT is stronger than i on it
[2008/04/12 10:30] You: next item
[2008/04/12 10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: and beathan well
[2008/04/12 10:30] You: 6
[2008/04/12 10:30] ThePrincess Parisi: obviously .. and it had so much public support
[2008/04/12 10:30] You: Public Referenda - Sonja - do I understand that we will hold that until next week?
[2008/04/12 10:30] Sonja Strom: Yes, we can.
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: very well :)
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: next item
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: 7
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: conflicts of interest etc.
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: please note ...
[2008/04/12 10:31] ThePrincess Parisi: whoa conflicts of interest...yay!!
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: (1) we have a citizen bill, the latest version of which is here:
[2008/04/12 10:31] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... a&start=15
[2008/04/12 10:32] You: and
[2008/04/12 10:32] You: (2) we have mine, which I mentioned last week, and is here:
[2008/04/12 10:32] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1773
[2008/04/12 10:32] ThePrincess Parisi: can they be merged
[2008/04/12 10:32] You: and finally ...
[2008/04/12 10:33] You: (3) I believe this may be viewed by some as a costitutinal amendment
[2008/04/12 10:33] You: which means ideally that to be best able to withstand (hypthetical) opposition ...
[2008/04/12 10:34] You: ... I'd love us to get 5 votes in favor of whatever we do here
[2008/04/12 10:34] ThePrincess Parisi: thats likely i think
[2008/04/12 10:34] You: may I ask Robert, who is here, to introduce his proposal?
[2008/04/12 10:34] You: PMR?
[2008/04/12 10:35] PMRobert Walpole: Thank you Sir.
[2008/04/12 10:35] PMRobert Walpole: I am indeed honored to have the opportunity to address the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators
[2008/04/12 10:35] PMRobert Walpole: and speak in support of my proposed bill, entitled The Limitation of Terms Act,
[2008/04/12 10:35] PMRobert Walpole: the second draft of which resulted from extensive discussions and amendments on the CDS Forums and which I submitted to this Assembly by forwarding it to you, Mr. Palisades.
[2008/04/12 10:36] PMRobert Walpole: My draft bill addresses the problems of older citizens being elected again and again to the same positions or switching from one key CDS office to another, standing as candidates for one whilst still in office in the other.
[2008/04/12 10:36] PMRobert Walpole: In my humble opinion, when the same people keep running for political office with no interruption, they become part of a permanent political group whose members only come to CDS for the politics,
[2008/04/12 10:36] PMRobert Walpole: and have little or no time to actually spend time and develop our community: its events, its commerce, its human side of community building.
[2008/04/12 10:37] PMRobert Walpole: When most of one's SL time is spent in three-hour meetings or in regular readings and posts on these forums, little time is left for socialising, networking, befriending, creating together with the newer CDS citizens.
[2008/04/12 10:37] PMRobert Walpole: Almost every single event, meeting, party, get-together, discussion I have participated in in the CDS was almost exclusively with newer citizens.
[2008/04/12 10:37] PMRobert Walpole: I have not met most of the older CDS members - and those I have, only briefly in RA or Guild meetings.
[2008/04/12 10:37] PMRobert Walpole: By adopting Beathan's proposal of a "2 on, one off" term schedule, combined with a "cooling off" period of one term before one stands down from one office and run for office for another key CDS branch,
[2008/04/12 10:38] PMRobert Walpole: we would give older, more experienced CDs citizens some "time off" official duties and the opportunity to meet and socialise with our newer citizens, and so contribute to what I think remains the biggest current need of CDS:
[2008/04/12 10:38] PMRobert Walpole: true community building and creation of stronger bonds among all citizens, and especially among older and younger ones.
[2008/04/12 10:38] PMRobert Walpole: The second aim of my draft bill is to prevent glaring conflicts of interest where older citizens move too often and too quickly from one CDS office to another
[2008/04/12 10:38] PMRobert Walpole: to ensure that their "vision" of CDS is not endangered, or to deal with what they perceive as emergencies in our political system.
[2008/04/12 10:38] PMRobert Walpole: The current by-elections are a case in point, Gwyn and Justice, sitting members of the SC, both having served multiple terms as both RA and SC members,
[2008/04/12 10:39] PMRobert Walpole: After having approved the constitutionality of both the by-elections and CSDFâ€(tm)s right to present candidates,
[2008/04/12 10:39] PMRobert Walpole: decide to run for theses very two RA seats themselves, as CSDF candidates,
[2008/04/12 10:39] PMRobert Walpole: while still active SC members, in order to ensure that CDS won't run off its tracks in a "wrong" direction.
[2008/04/12 10:39] PMRobert Walpole: Being allowed to run for one such office while still being a sitting member of another such office or immediately after ending one's mandate, creates obvious conflicts of interest, both real and perceived,
[2008/04/12 10:39] PMRobert Walpole: for these individuals and undermines the confidence all our citizens, but especially the newer ones, may have in our political institutions and processes.
[2008/04/12 10:40] ThePrincess Parisi NODS
[2008/04/12 10:40] PMRobert Walpole: This problem is also addressed by my draft bill, which incorporates Beathan's suggestion of a cool-off term
[2008/04/12 10:40] PMRobert Walpole: Ironically, it is exactly Gwyn and Justice, as sitting SC members, who will decide on the constitutionality of this Act if you, Ladies and Gentlemen of the RA, decide in your wisdom to vote in favor of it.
[2008/04/12 10:40] ThePrincess Parisi applauds
[2008/04/12 10:40] PMRobert Walpole: Thank you for your time and for taking my proposal into consideration.
[2008/04/12 10:40] Sonja Strom: Thank you Robert.
[2008/04/12 10:40] ThePrincess Parisi: wow .. what an astute observation :)
[2008/04/12 10:41] ThePrincess Parisi: ty for your time
[2008/04/12 10:41] ThePrincess Parisi: i have a question
[2008/04/12 10:41] Sonja Strom: Me too.
[2008/04/12 10:41] You: go :)
[2008/04/12 10:41] ThePrincess Parisi: sonja
[2008/04/12 10:41] You: Prin then SS
[2008/04/12 10:41] ThePrincess Parisi: oh
[2008/04/12 10:41] Sonja Strom: Would this be a constitutional change?
[2008/04/12 10:42] You: view? :)
[2008/04/12 10:42] ThePrincess Parisi: idk?
[2008/04/12 10:42] You: heh - here's what I think
[2008/04/12 10:42] PMRobert Walpole: That is not a question I can answer - nor even the RA I think. The SC will rule on this - that is, the very people concerned most directly by it - Gwyn and Justice.
[2008/04/12 10:42] ThePrincess Parisi: lol ask the SC..
[2008/04/12 10:42] ThePrincess Parisi: the very point
[2008/04/12 10:42] Sonja Strom: (sorry TP, I did not mean to go ahead of you, only did so because you said my name...)
[2008/04/12 10:43] ThePrincess Parisi: sok
[2008/04/12 10:43] ThePrincess Parisi: its an important question sonja asks
[2008/04/12 10:43] ThePrincess Parisi: and its quite
[2008/04/12 10:43] You: Our community *may* include people who see any change of institutions they like as a constitutional matter - regardless of the text thereof.
[2008/04/12 10:43] ThePrincess Parisi: illucidating
[2008/04/12 10:43] Sonja Strom: Would we need to have 5 votes in favor to pass it?
[2008/04/12 10:44] You: Sonja I do not wish to concede that we require 5 votes. But I'd say it would make some lines of attack harder to sustain.
[2008/04/12 10:44] Sonja Strom: It is an interesting issue...
[2008/04/12 10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: sonja, the SC has to answer this and the SC is who the bill affects, so i think that is the case in point
[2008/04/12 10:44] You: any other Q of Robert? or my turn?
[2008/04/12 10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: i have one
[2008/04/12 10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: PMR you said:
[2008/04/12 10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: PMRobert Walpole: The current by-elections are a case in point, Gwyn and Justice, sitting members of the SC, both having served multiple terms as both RA and SC members, [10:38] PMRobert Walpole: After having approved the constitutionality of both the by-elections and CSDFâ€(tm)s right to present candidates, [10:38] PMRobert Walpole: decide to run for theses very two RA seats themselves, as CSDF candidates,
[2008/04/12 10:44] ThePrincess Parisi: why is that so bad if they are unbiased?
[2008/04/12 10:45] Jamie Palisades cautions again personalities or motive speculation - still smiling SO far
[2008/04/12 10:45] You: PMR?
[2008/04/12 10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: shhh jamie
[2008/04/12 10:45] ThePrincess Parisi: you just did what you cautioned against
[2008/04/12 10:45] PMRobert Walpole: Well, a legitimate legal system requires not only for justice to be done
[2008/04/12 10:45] PMRobert Walpole: but also for justice to be seen to be done fairly
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: in order to be accepted.
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: in real life at leasat
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: when a judge
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: is confronted with a case
[2008/04/12 10:46] Feminist Expedition: good point pmr :) i appreciate your notice and work for this draft...
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: which affects him or her directly
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: they would be required by law
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: to lt the ery leeast
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: recuse themselves
[2008/04/12 10:46] PMRobert Walpole: from deciding that case
[2008/04/12 10:47] PMRobert Walpole: this clearly has not happened here.
[2008/04/12 10:47] You: Thank you Robert.
[2008/04/12 10:47] PMRobert Walpole: I hope it will happen if the RA
[2008/04/12 10:47] PMRobert Walpole: adopts this bill
[2008/04/12 10:47] PMRobert Walpole: and it ends up
[2008/04/12 10:47] PMRobert Walpole: in front of the SC
[2008/04/12 10:47] PMRobert Walpole: thank you
[2008/04/12 10:47] ThePrincess Parisi: i see
[2008/04/12 10:47] You: For my own part I have three concerns.
[2008/04/12 10:47] Sonja Strom: That is a very interesting observation! lol
[2008/04/12 10:47] You: One is that it's unseemly for people to fill one role, act to especially benefit their own distinct cause as a candidate, officer or contractor of CDS, and then go get those benefits, in that role or a second changed one. I actually was worried about the originally in the context of this kind of HYPOTHETICAL example: (a) a contested RA election in which one faction is prominent, (b) the same faction controlling the SC (the election authority) and (c) the same faction exclusively running the balloting devices. Cosmetically it's the issue PMR suggests - the problem is that it LOOKS like an uncontrolled opportunity for biased management.
[2008/04/12 10:48] PMRobert Walpole: indeed sir
[2008/04/12 10:48] You: The second is that we are a small community, so TOO much regulation will probably defeat the good faith contributions from our volunteers. There are many instances of benign or virtuous overlap, without unseemly self-interest - which we do NOT want to chill or discourage. (By the way I personally am a little worried about the 'cooling off' period in that regard, though I have not deeply analyzed that yet.)
[2008/04/12 10:48] ThePrincess Parisi shivers
[2008/04/12 10:48] You: and here I may differ from PMR, respectfully
[2008/04/12 10:49] You: last item - I think we may often do best to require *DISCLOSURE* of conflicts of interest - let people reveal their interests in public statements. In which case, we can let the public and officials judge for themselves ... and if someone actually lies or hides acute selfinterest, impeach or otherwise several deal with those cases:)
[2008/04/12 10:49] You: *severely < several
[2008/04/12 10:49] You: done
[2008/04/12 10:49] Feminist Expedition: good points...
[2008/04/12 10:49] PMRobert Walpole: If I may
[2008/04/12 10:49] ThePrincess Parisi: me too
[2008/04/12 10:49] PMRobert Walpole: reply to your last comment Sir
[2008/04/12 10:49] Sonja Strom: of course Robert...
[2008/04/12 10:49] You: other comments? I note no motion YET to adopt these -
[2008/04/12 10:49] You: yes PMR
[2008/04/12 10:49] Sonja Strom: I have one too.
[2008/04/12 10:49] You: PMR then SS please
[2008/04/12 10:50] You: 2 minutes each, hm?
[2008/04/12 10:50] PMRobert Walpole: I have drafted a bill, posted it on the forums, had it discussed and amended extensively, presented to this Assembly the revised second draft, and explained here my rationale for it. The rest is up to you members of the RA. I will leave it in your capable hands :)
[2008/04/12 10:51] You: sonja?
[2008/04/12 10:52] Sonja Strom: It seems to me that there is a little bit of a distinction between moving from one office or branch to another and being in the same office for longer than 2 terms.
[2008/04/12 10:52] Jamie Palisades nods
[2008/04/12 10:52] Sonja Strom: I would like to ask if it really is necessary to consider these two issues at the same time.
[2008/04/12 10:52] Sonja Strom: I would be glad to have Robert's thinking about this.
[2008/04/12 10:52] You: I do not think so personally
[2008/04/12 10:52] You: bring them as two items next week, perhaps?
[2008/04/12 10:53] PMRobert Walpole: Indeed. i believe both prongs of the bill reinforce each other's aims and goals for the reasons I attempted to explain in detail earlier.
[2008/04/12 10:53] You: May I just also mention Beathan's comment about whether the proposed bill would disqualify any current RA candidates, here:
[2008/04/12 10:53] You: http://forums.slcds.info//viewtopic.php ... 772#p10860
[2008/04/12 10:53] PMRobert Walpole: So the bill i submitted contains both. What you choose to do with it is of course your decision
[2008/04/12 10:54] PMRobert Walpole: ah
[2008/04/12 10:54] PMRobert Walpole: may I address that issue for a moment?
[2008/04/12 10:54] You: so we could receive, and discuss, separate motions to adopt each distinct piece as a law, next week, then ... and yes, please PMR
[2008/04/12 10:55] PMRobert Walpole: If we agree that there is a conflict of interest in sitting members of the key CDS offices of state running for another branch while still in office, and that a one-term "cool-off period" is appropriate, then on what grounds is an exception justifiable for these by-elections?
[2008/04/12 10:55] PMRobert Walpole: CSDF could easily nominate two other candidates to replace Gwyn and Justice.
[2008/04/12 10:55] PMRobert Walpole: This would preserve two outstanding citizens with substantial experience in governing the CDS where they belong, in the SC, and allow two other CSDF candidates to run for the RA, whose candidacies would not be shadowed by any issues of conflict of interest.
[2008/04/12 10:55] PMRobert Walpole: since voting in the CDS is a party-vote rather than a vote for individuals, this will bring little if any change in the dynamics of the by-elections: those citizens who want to vote for the CSDF and its platform will be able to do so regardless of who the CSDF candidates are; actually, this would encourage those who might hesitate to vote for the CSDF because of possible conflicts of interest to do so without any second thoughts.
[2008/04/12 10:55] You: let's limit comments on this to brief ones, please?
[2008/04/12 10:55] ThePrincess Parisi: me?
[2008/04/12 10:56] You: as we're not acting, this week, and close to out of time.
[2008/04/12 10:56] PMRobert Walpole: this answer was by the way part of the in forum discussion we had :)
[2008/04/12 10:56] Sonja Strom: One brief comment I have is, although some CSDF candidates have been used as examples for demonstration purposes, this is a general issue and not directed at the CSDF (?)
[2008/04/12 10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: there is a point that this bill adresses well and i think this is that it Preserves .. and increases volunteerism.......not thwarts it......:)
[2008/04/12 10:57] PMRobert Walpole: Oh of course. this was just a timely example.
[2008/04/12 10:57] You: OK. I can see some conuntervailing arguments about not changing rules once an election is under way -- which we can lavish time upon next week
[2008/04/12 10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: i agree with sonja
[2008/04/12 10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: indeed it appears to decrease volunteerism
[2008/04/12 10:57] ThePrincess Parisi: but i say it actually will INCREASE it
[2008/04/12 10:57] You: any last word on this for now?
[2008/04/12 10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: and mostly .. the thing that matters most to CDS is that we support our volutneers.. and i totally believe that this bill prtects that and encourages and supports the ppl who volunteer from burnout and opens up opportunities for younger citizens
[2008/04/12 10:58] Sonja Strom: We could consider allowing the new members of the RA to be involved in the ultimate vote, perhaps...
[2008/04/12 10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: lol sonja that is the whole point
[2008/04/12 10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: lol
[2008/04/12 10:58] You: hm - that's an ambivalent comment, Prin
[2008/04/12 10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: so you let gwuen and justice fvote on the bill agbout whether or not they should have
[2008/04/12 10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: been seated on teh SC
[2008/04/12 10:58] ThePrincess Parisi: when they made the rules
[2008/04/12 10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: then vote on it
[2008/04/12 10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: again
[2008/04/12 10:59] You: are we done wih this topic for now?
[2008/04/12 10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: no i didnt get noticed to speak
[2008/04/12 10:59] PMRobert Walpole: I am Sir. Thank you all for considering it.
[2008/04/12 10:59] You: ah OK - may I suggest that we adjourn after this item, as we're at our planned time to adjourn, and ask Prin fof her 2 minutes of comment?
[2008/04/12 10:59] ThePrincess Parisi: why on earth would sonja want to have the ppl who the bill isactually in part addressing that we let them vote on it
[2008/04/12 11:00] ThePrincess Parisi: and the bill encourages volunteerism and protects those who "do too much":
[2008/04/12 11:00] You: sorry :) Prin, 2 mins. then adjourn is my suggestion
[2008/04/12 11:00] ThePrincess Parisi: i LOVE it
[2008/04/12 11:00] ThePrincess Parisi: adjourn
[2008/04/12 11:00] You: Prin, I am personally unaware of anyone who does too much for CDS
[2008/04/12 11:01] You: just so we're clear
[2008/04/12 11:01] Sonja Strom: Sorry to go against the procedures, but personally I would like to continue to hear what ThePrincess wanted to say.
[2008/04/12 11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: thats a saying for ppl that get burnt out
[2008/04/12 11:01] You: she's welcome - it's her turn
[2008/04/12 11:01] ThePrincess Parisi: and its so true that there ARE, ppl who have trouble saying NO
[2008/04/12 11:01] You: sorry, lag typos - please go ahead if you have more, Prin
[2008/04/12 11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: but if they did, others would step up to the plate
[2008/04/12 11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: in my opinion
[2008/04/12 11:02] Sonja Strom: (ok me too, sorry...)
[2008/04/12 11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: im done i was ok
[2008/04/12 11:02] ThePrincess Parisi: i can always type more
[2008/04/12 11:02] Feminist Expedition: :)
2008/04/12 11:02] You: excellent - hm - any urgent 'open chat' items, or are we done for today?
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: what time are we meeting next week
[2008/04/12 11:03] You: 9 am SLT
[2008/04/12 11:03] You: Saturday
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: same time next week, same bat channel
[2008/04/12 11:03] Sonja Strom: haha
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: i have a question
[2008/04/12 11:03] You: per agenda item 1e - that's exactly right, Catwoman :)
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: can we have a theme
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: like
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: superhero day
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: lol
[2008/04/12 11:03] Feminist Expedition: :)
[2008/04/12 11:03] ThePrincess Parisi: im kidding
[2008/04/12 11:04] Feminist Expedition: for those who do too much?
[2008/04/12 11:04] Feminist Expedition: :)
[2008/04/12 11:04] Sonja Strom: TP, I think Alexicon would be the one to talk to about that ;-)
[2008/04/12 11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: can we during RA
[2008/04/12 11:04] Jamie Palisades thinks about capes and shudders
[2008/04/12 11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: oh i should ask him
[2008/04/12 11:04] Sonja Strom: hehee
[2008/04/12 11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: well i sell capes
[2008/04/12 11:04] You: yes, let's make that an executive branch thing
[2008/04/12 11:04] Sonja Strom: Jamie has a cape already!
[2008/04/12 11:04] You: speaking of which
[2008/04/12 11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: ok
[2008/04/12 11:04] You: may I just mention here
[2008/04/12 11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: jamie can you make cookies next time
[2008/04/12 11:04] ThePrincess Parisi: yes
[2008/04/12 11:05] PMRobert Walpole: Thank you for allowing me to present my draft bill and speak in support of it. I wish everyone a very pleasant weekend. Cheers!
[2008/04/12 11:05] You: that I confirmed with Alexicon that he has approved your reimbursement that we discussed last week at the meeting, Prin
[2008/04/12 11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: ty
[2008/04/12 11:05] You: so I will pursuye it with Sudane and keep you potsed
[2008/04/12 11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: well that si good but where is my money
[2008/04/12 11:05] You: posted
[2008/04/12 11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: and why did it take so long
[2008/04/12 11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: i want to have the process clear
[2008/04/12 11:05] You: I am learning much about our budget process :)
[2008/04/12 11:05] Cup of fresh ground coffee whispers: Now THAT I needed!
[2008/04/12 11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: its not about ME
[2008/04/12 11:05] You: Thank you also, Robert
[2008/04/12 11:05] ThePrincess Parisi: its about the fact that everyone knows you never get reimbursed
[2008/04/12 11:06] You: we're adjourned
[2008/04/12 11:06] Sonja Strom: Thanks Robert.
[2008/04/12 11:06] Sonja Strom: ok
[2008/04/12 11:06] ThePrincess Parisi: and i need money for the guided tour
[2008/04/12 11:06] You: Thanks all for coming


== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”