Board Guild Meeting 20th April 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 20th April 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:15] You: 9.15 AM
[9:15] You: we will start
[9:15] You: hello everyone
[9:15] You: thanks for coming
[9:15] You: don't forget that meetings are recorded into our forum
[9:15] You: agenda is on that cube in front of me
[9:16] You: i will use my prerrogative and change agenda
[9:16] You: if you agree
[9:16] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:16] Rose Springvale: please do!
[9:16] You: to first of all, do point 10
[9:16] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:16] You: which is just an announcement
[9:16] You: Faculty Chair elections will occur next thrusday, 24th April
[9:17] You: 3PM SLT
[9:17] Rose Springvale: wow, we are to that again already!
[9:17] You: all Faculty members and candidates have been duly informed
[9:17] You: ok
[9:17] You: next point i want to move up, with your permission
[9:18] You: is Masterplan WG report
[9:18] You: since Symo will have to leave sooner
[9:18] Symo Kurka: Ty Moon
[9:18] You: ah, but before that
[9:18] You: i request an assistant
[9:18] Rose Springvale: raises hand
[9:18] You: thanks Rose :)
[9:19] You: ok
[9:19] Rose Springvale: record and count?
[9:19] You: soif you all agree,
[9:19] You: yes
[9:19] Rose Springvale: kk
[9:19] You: Symo will start by reporting on Masterplan wg
[9:19] You: any objections?
[9:19] Sudane Erato: no
[9:19] Symo Kurka: Ok
[9:20] Symo Kurka: can i start?
[9:20] You: : Symo, if you please, then
[9:20] Symo Kurka: laaaaag
[9:20] Symo Kurka: +hm
[9:20] Symo Kurka: OK
[9:20] Symo Kurka: As wasstated in our first WG meeting
[9:20] Symo Kurka: we are first of all collecting data
[9:21] Jon Seattle: Oh, I sometimes turn my camera out to sea to reduce lag.
[9:21] Symo Kurka: and defining basic principles of good planning
[9:21] Symo Kurka: Data.
[9:21] Symo Kurka: We are cololecting structural data on existing sims
[9:21] Symo Kurka: Covered areas prims, public and private use,
[9:22] Symo Kurka: nr of plots
[9:22] Symo Kurka: nr of citizens
[9:22] Symo Kurka: and citizens' need
[9:22] You: Symo, just one question?
[9:22] Symo Kurka: we have defined a questionnaire
[9:22] Symo Kurka: yes pls
[9:23] You: has anyone voluneteered to help you doing the topo and urban survey?
[9:23] Symo Kurka: not really
[9:23] Symo Kurka: and i will need some help for NFS
[9:24] Bjerkel Eerie: are you consulting with people like Desmond Shang or Mystical Cookie, my unterstanding is tht they anticipate a land glut and depressed prices
[9:24] Sudane Erato: well, I am always available with the data that i have
[9:24] ThePrincess Parisi: already happened
[9:24] You: hmm
[9:24] ThePrincess Parisi: land is almost half what it was
[9:24] You: sorry everyone
[9:24] You: we are talking a specific issue here
[9:24] You: Symo is doing a TON of work all alone
[9:24] ThePrincess Parisi: i just answered BJ sorry
[9:24] Bjerkel Eerie: sorry
[9:25] Rose Springvale: symo, i'm clueless, but if it takes less time to teach than to do, i'll be glad to help
[9:25] Symo Kurka: yes let me finish first updating what we 're doin
[9:25] You: ok Symo, carry on
[9:25] Symo Kurka: the questionnaire is now official
[9:25] Symo Kurka: [8:25] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1799
[9:25] ThePrincess Parisi: gtg
[9:25] Symo Kurka: and Jon kindly offered his help for the software stuff
[9:26] Jon Seattle: I can set this up within a week or so.
[9:26] Jon Seattle: nods
[9:26] Symo Kurka: great
[9:26] Symo Kurka: so we'll go on with this first step
[9:26] Symo Kurka: and afterwards
[9:26] Symo Kurka: our intention is intervewing Oldies and Stakeholders
[9:26] Symo Kurka: about their strategic vision
[9:27] Moon Adamant nods
[9:27] Symo Kurka: on CDS territory AND society development
[9:27] Symo Kurka: so we'll have both qualitative and quantitative data to go on planning
[9:27] You: visions for teh future...
[9:27] Symo Kurka: ìyes visons of the furture
[9:28] Symo Kurka: we should'nt be here if not
[9:28] You: i totally agree
[9:28] Symo Kurka: in the meanwhile
[9:28] You: i consider the route you are taking very sound
[9:28] Symo Kurka: we started something for me very interesting
[9:28] Sudane Erato: yes
[9:28] Symo Kurka: half way educational and participation
[9:28] Symo Kurka: debating on key principles of planning
[9:29] Symo Kurka: and we'll go on with this in a parallel way
[9:29] Symo Kurka: collecting data
[9:29] Symo Kurka: AND sharing informations
[9:29] Symo Kurka: and points of view
[9:29] Symo Kurka: that's all for now
[9:29] Symo Kurka: if i did'nt forget anything
[9:29] Symo Kurka: oh
[9:30] Symo Kurka: + just a link
[9:30] Symo Kurka: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1781
[9:30] Symo Kurka: yere
[9:30] You: hi Alex :)
[9:30] Symo Kurka: her
[9:30] Alexicon Kurka: hi all
[9:30] Jon Seattle: Hi alex :)
[9:30] Symo Kurka: i would be happy if you all share this in forum
[9:30] Symo Kurka: i've finished now
[9:30] You: ok, Symo thanks :)
[9:31] Symo Kurka: hi alex
[9:31] You: hmm, can someone update Alex in IM?
[9:31] Alexicon Kurka: :)
[9:31] You: while i resume the order of Agenda?
[9:31] Rose Springvale: yes, i'll do it
[9:31] Symo Kurka: Moon
[9:31] You: thanks, Rose :)
[9:31] You: yes?
[9:31] Symo Kurka: just one more point
[9:32] Symo Kurka: pls can i ask you to officialy report WG activity to RA?
[9:32] You: surely
[9:32] You: the Secreatry of the Board
[9:32] You: will officially inform the rA
[9:32] You: that a survey/questionnaire is in preparation by the Masterplan WG
[9:33] You: thank you :)
[9:33] You: ok, resuming agenda order
[9:33] You: Point 1.
[9:33] You: General regulations draft for new sim buildings - report by Symo and Moon
[9:33] You: i will introduce this
[9:33] You: we have started
[9:33] You: to discuss abstractly
[9:34] You: what are quality norms for a building
[9:34] You: correct, Symo?
[9:34] Symo Kurka: yes
[9:34] You: care to comment while i go and look for the link?
[9:34] Symo Kurka: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1782
[9:34] Symo Kurka: her's the link lol
[9:35] Symo Kurka: and dare i say
[9:35] Symo Kurka: not so abstract
[9:35] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1782
[9:35] You: lol
[9:35] You: sorry, and thanks
[9:35] Symo Kurka: yw
[9:35] Rose Springvale: may i ask
[9:36] Rose Springvale: is this for the new committee being formed? or for use by the chancellor of what fits the covenants?
[9:36] Rose Springvale: sorry, i'm a little out of it :(
[9:36] You: this will be needed for teh BAC indeed
[9:36] You: in any case
[9:36] You: you can also consider it hmmm
[9:37] You: educational material
[9:37] Rose Springvale: how does it relate though to citizen building on their land?
[9:37] You: it can also be used by the future Certification process
[9:37] Rose Springvale: yes, that makes good sense to me
[9:37] You: well, quality building
[9:37] You: must respect these points
[9:38] You: don't worry, we will find a clear way to formulate them
[9:38] You: perhaps with visual examples
[9:38] You: or a seminar cycle
[9:38] You: but please understand
[9:38] Symo Kurka: yes that would be great
[9:38] Rose Springvale: just trying to clarify the confusion that was in the forums
[9:38] You: that this is THE fundamental points
[9:38] You: which concern quality in building
[9:39] You: these are*
[9:39] You: Symo, would you like to add something?
[9:39] You: or can we table this?
[9:39] Symo Kurka: no but i recommend that evrybody reads and contributes to the post in Forum
[9:40] You: yes, even if only asking questions
[9:40] Rose Springvale hates forums... grumbles
[9:40] Symo Kurka: these are again BAICS
[9:40] Jon Seattle: :) yes
[9:40] Symo Kurka: *BASICS
[9:40] You: yes
[9:40] You: and the grasp on basics is fundamental
[9:40] Jon Seattle: Have we ever considered setting scale stadards for an entire sim?
[9:40] You: Jon, we did that for AM
[9:41] Jon Seattle: :) its a good idea
[9:41] You: with maximal heights, etc
[9:41] Alexicon Kurka: what was the scale for AM?
[9:41] Rose Springvale: hmm, in covenants...
[9:41] You: Alex, it's on teh covenants
[9:41] Rose Springvale: 18 m?
[9:41] Rose Springvale: max height?
[9:42] You: if i say: a building can't be more than X tall when occupying Y area
[9:42] You: i am setting a scale
[9:42] Jon Seattle: Well, I am thinking more of how to make scale consistant.. so that buildings are not in vastly different scales.
[9:42] Alexicon Kurka: like scale everything with a single scale compared to RL?
[9:42] You: but you may need that some builds be in different scale
[9:42] Jon Seattle: yes
[9:42] You: like a church for instance
[9:42] You: Alex
[9:43] You: the forum thread contains info about that point
[9:43] You: i would like to table this
[9:43] Jon Seattle: itsa good way to put it.. not to restruct design as much as set some guildlines for how large a person is, etc
[9:43] You: and as i know you're busy
[9:43] You: to pass immediately to the point that concerns you
[9:43] You: guys, sorry
[9:43] You: discussion to teh forums, please
[9:43] Jon Seattle: :)
[9:44] You: Next point
[9:44] You: 2. CDS Information centre - specs to be provided by Arria or Alex
[9:44] You: Alex
[9:44] You: this point was submitted either by your or Arria
[9:44] You: can't remember
[9:44] You: but we asked you for specs
[9:44] Symo Kurka: wait got the figures
[9:45] You: and we haven't got them yet
[9:45] Alexicon Kurka: We need a new updated standard communication packeage for the CDS. It conserns not only texts but visual presentation.
[9:45] You: ok
[9:46] You: but we - NG - need you to tell us
[9:46] You: what you need to dispaly
[9:46] You: we already know you want to display the CDS calendar
[9:46] You: (which, btw, needs updating...)
[9:46] Alexicon Kurka: A poster is a minimum, but a slide show will be better
[9:46] Rose Springvale: hmm
[9:46] You: Alex
[9:46] You: what i propose is
[9:46] You: can you and Arria draft a doc
[9:46] Sudane Erato: GCalendar
[9:47] Rose Springvale: we used a notecard giver for a long time, till it took too much time to update alone :(
[9:47] Alexicon Kurka: we already have some gadgets too, but they are outdated
[9:47] You: and send us it
[9:47] You: with YOUR needs
[9:47] You: so that the NG can do consulting?
[9:47] You: because i think that you need consulting first of all
[9:47] Alexicon Kurka: So you need a list of objects? Do you need the dimensions specified?
[9:47] You: no
[9:48] You: i need a list of what you want the CDS info Centre to do
[9:48] Alexicon Kurka: more of a functional specification then
[9:48] You: does it display GCalendar? does it give Objects?
[9:48] Rose Springvale: like, give links, give notecards? etc?
[9:48] You: yes, we need functional specs
[9:48] Alexicon Kurka: instead of translating functions to objects
[9:48] You: what you want it to DO
[9:48] You: yes
[9:49] You: then we can make a WG, analyse your needs, propose a solution
[9:49] You: ok?
[9:49] Alexicon Kurka: OK we will present that this week. On the forum?
[9:49] You: or mail me it
[9:49] You: and we will discuss it at next meeting
[9:49] Alexicon Kurka: Good.
[9:50] You: ok
[9:50] You: can we table this then?
[9:50] Alexicon Kurka: yes
[9:50] You: Alex and Arria will define the specs of what their Info centre will need to do
[9:50] You: so that we can transform it into a project
[9:51] Bjerkel Eerie: Their info center, isnt it the communities????
[9:51] You: the info centre is a structure that will be present at each sim
[9:51] You: to inform the citizens
[9:52] Alexicon Kurka: Bjerkel you already complaint about the poor visual presentation on AM, remember we talked a bout it?
[9:52] You: guys sorry
[9:53] Bjerkel Eerie: sorry for speaking
[9:53] You: it is a common fact that we miss a centralized in world info kiosk
[9:53] You: everyone that complains about not knowing about events, etc... is referring to that
[9:53] Rose Springvale: yes, its frustrating for everyone... the people trying to announce things, and the people needing info
[9:53] You: this is an important project for teh CDS citizens
[9:54] You: and community
[9:54] You: so, it needs to be carefully thoiught over and prepared
[9:54] Rose Springvale: it takes a LOT of time to do anouncements and group notices ... it would be wonderful it it could be done once
[9:54] Rose Springvale: and update all places
[9:54] You: thus i am asking for the specs of the needs of the PIO and chancellor in what concerns info to the citizens and visitors
[9:55] Rose Springvale: i have an idea.. will post on the forum thread.
[9:55] Alexicon Kurka: Rose please do, I know you have had a lot of ideas's about it too
[9:55] You: ok Rose, please do
[9:55] You: ok, if all agree, next point?
[9:56] Sudane Erato: yes
[9:56] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:56] Jon Seattle: yes
[9:56] You: 3. Textures and texture content theft (submitted by Rose)
[9:56] You: Rose, would you mind to introduce the subject?
[9:56] Rose Springvale: sure
[9:56] Rose Springvale: as most of you probably know
[9:56] Rose Springvale: one of the most respected texture providers in SL, TRU, has recently been sued
[9:57] Rose Springvale: the reason, and i'll take some liberty in paraphrase
[9:57] Jon Seattle has started keeping track on the origjn of every texture he uses
[9:57] Rose Springvale: is because the were selling textures taken from sources outside SL that were copyrighted .. like video games, and other providers
[9:57] Rose Springvale: my office
[9:57] Rose Springvale: in CN
[9:58] Rose Springvale: was built by a professional builder, who bought the textures, legally, from TR"U
[9:58] Rose Springvale: but
[9:58] Rose Springvale: now i've discovered that they were in fact illegal textures.. from a game
[9:58] Rose Springvale: so my concern ... first, that i need to change the textures, because i "know" they are not properly licensed
[9:59] Moon Adamant nods
[9:59] Rose Springvale: but more importantly for guild purposes, how we keep this from happening in our builds.. which means, i think, do we need to make all our own textures? and if so, how?
[9:59] You: ok
[9:59] You: let me speak now for a moment
[10:00] You: the concern is real
[10:00] You: we have NO assurance from textures bought in SL
[10:00] Sudane Erato: doesn't TRU function as an agent on behalf of individual texture artsists?
[10:00] You: that they are the IP of tehir sellers
[10:00] Rose Springvale: yes,but thesee were not licensed by anyone sudane
[10:00] Rose Springvale: they were "house" textures
[10:00] You: hi again Sonja
[10:00] You: so there are two solutions
[10:01] Sonja Strom: hi everybody!
[10:01] You: or better
[10:01] You: i don't think
[10:01] You: that tere is no risk buying textures in SL
[10:01] You: you always have a risk
[10:02] You: even though you can always allege bona fide
[10:02] You: so the solutions are
[10:02] Rose Springvale: until you have actual knowledge at least... then i think there is a duty to mitigate
[10:02] You: 1. either the Guild buys texture collections (expensive)
[10:02] You: 2. either the guild makes textures
[10:03] You: 3. there are open source, publid cdomain texture sites
[10:03] You: a few of them
[10:03] You: BUT
[10:03] You: for instane
[10:03] Sudane Erato: Moon, in this context, what do you mean by "the Guild"?
[10:03] You: i have teh same issue with teh AM cottages
[10:03] Sudane Erato: the group, or the individuals?
[10:03] You: one sec, Sudane
[10:03] Rose Springvale: hi pat
[10:03] You: hi Pat
[10:03] Sonja Strom: hi Patroklus
[10:03] Patroklus Murakami: hi everyone :)
[10:04] You: i downloaded a texture from one of those sites... edited it (i always edit textures)
[10:04] You: but the site went poof
[10:04] You: now i don't know...
[10:04] You: has the make given up?
[10:04] You: has somebody sued him?
[10:04] You: so most possibly i'll have too to remake the cottages *sigh*
[10:05] Sudane Erato: i don't understand this
[10:05] You: but on theiir due time, because i did derivative work over a bona fide material :P
[10:05] Sudane Erato: if textures are acquired in good faith
[10:05] You: what is it that you don't understand?
[10:05] Sudane Erato: then how are I liable?
[10:05] Rose Springvale: the actual risk is a matter of scale i think, and not likely to affect any particular individual... but obviously textue makers are starting to take action
[10:05] You: that's teh bona fide question
[10:05] Sudane Erato: if I buy stolen property in good faith
[10:06] Sudane Erato: am I an assistant of the thief?
[10:06] Rose Springvale: not when you buy sudane, but when you are informed... there is a question of what your duty then becomes
[10:06] Rose Springvale: and query whether we now can argue good faith without some inquiry
[10:06] Sudane Erato: ok... thats fair
[10:06] You: ok Sudane
[10:07] Sudane Erato: but... it is very rare for your experience
[10:07] You: about your other question
[10:07] You: if the Guild buys or the individuals buy textures
[10:07] You: generally
[10:07] You: the serious tecture sites like Ttexturama, marlin Textures, etc
[10:07] You: give you a commercial license
[10:08] You: and only stop you from redistributing
[10:08] You: so i would say
[10:08] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:08] You: that the Guild, unless it becomes incorporated
[10:08] You: which is not in the plans
[10:08] Sudane Erato: yes, this building is built entirely of marlin textures
[10:08] You: could risk distributing textures
[10:08] You: i know :)
[10:09] You: so the best solution
[10:09] You: is obviously to teach people how to do textures
[10:09] You: you have a lot of free software to help you do that
[10:09] You: gimp, inkscape, etc
[10:10] You: you also have cheap sofwatre, like filterfourge
[10:10] You: that helps a LOT
[10:10] Jon Seattle: Though source materials are also an issue.
[10:10] You: but... it is also the mission of teh Guild to teach
[10:10] You: yes, but there are a few bona fide sites
[10:10] Sonja Strom: Hi Arria
[10:11] You: also, when i take a texture now from one of them, i also save the license HTML :P
[10:11] You: hi Arria :)
[10:11] Arria Perreault: Hi all :-)
[10:11] Jon Seattle: Hi Arria :)
[10:11] Rose Springvale: hi Arria!
[10:11] Symo Kurka: Sorry friends i leave
[10:11] Bjerkel Eerie: i think getting leagal interperetions of derivative work and fair use would be smart
[10:11] You: bye Symo, thanks :)
[10:11] Sonja Strom: ok Symo - see you later :-)
[10:11] Symo Kurka: ciao ciao
[10:11] Jon Seattle: Thanks and see you Symo
[10:11] Sudane Erato: hmmm... I can build buildings... but i could NEVER create these textures
[10:11] Rose Springvale: bye symo, have a good evening!
[10:11] Arria Perreault: Bye Symo
[10:11] You: yes you could
[10:12] You: i know you can :P
[10:12] Sudane Erato: *shakes head*.....
[10:12] You: main issue is
[10:12] You: atm
[10:12] You: everyone here that works with a graphic program has learned it HIM/HERSELF
[10:12] Rose Springvale: can't have fair use bjerkel if you have actual knowledge of the lack of licensing
[10:12] You: so... giving classes is hard
[10:12] You: for isntance
[10:13] You: i use pshop
[10:13] You: i can also use GIMP
[10:13] You: but take three times the time to do something
[10:13] You: have to go looking for commands etc
[10:13] You: so this is a question indeed
[10:14] You: unless, of course
[10:14] You: we do very shot classes
[10:14] Sudane Erato: well, i think we should adopt the opposite approach
[10:14] You: very thematic
[10:14] You: like 'doing wood in photoshop!'
[10:14] Rose Springvale: plywood buildings?
[10:14] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:14] You: if you use GIMP, don't bother showing up
[10:14] Sudane Erato: that is that if we become aware of a violation... then we should be radeady to altyer the build
[10:14] Sudane Erato: as with Rose's build
[10:14] You: of course
[10:14] Sudane Erato: but absence of awarenness
[10:14] You: but Sudane
[10:15] Sudane Erato: means we should not worry about it
[10:15] You: there's also the question of creation of new material
[10:15] You: i am also investigating
[10:15] You: the possibility of digitally marking CDS textures
[10:15] You: without digimark
[10:15] You: apparently, there's a clever way to do that with photoshop layers
[10:16] You: because
[10:16] You: Rose is quoting one side of teh question
[10:16] You: atm
[10:16] You: there is technology that allows a person to come here
[10:16] You: to NFS
[10:16] Rose Springvale: yes, as creators.. it is "our" problem
[10:16] You: copy all prims
[10:16] You: copy all textures
[10:17] Arria Perreault: why not licence all CDS material under Creative Commons
[10:17] Arria Perreault: ?
[10:17] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:17] Rose Springvale: the bane of the copyright lawyer:)
[10:17] Arria Perreault: it allows more creativity
[10:18] Arria Perreault: if people re-use what we do
[10:18] You: argh
[10:18] You: i HATE creative commons
[10:18] Rose Springvale: so do copyright lawyers
[10:18] You: besides, creative commons is individual
[10:18] Rose Springvale: we call it "copywrong"
[10:18] Sudane Erato: some of us are unfamiliar with these terms :)
[10:19] You: means, teh CDS can't register work in creative commons
[10:19] Rose Springvale: its a bigger discussion than we have time for today
[10:19] You: but Arria Perrault can
[10:19] Arria Perreault: but builders can
[10:19] You: yes, let's not go down that bog
[10:19] Alexicon Kurka: I really have to go now. I don't think we should not make our life impossible about textures, relying solely on own created textures is already hard for members of the Guilt, it will be usually impossible for newbies. Bye for now anyway.
[10:19] You: sure, and please do
[10:19] Rose Springvale: maybe we can have a presentaion on creative commons
[10:19] Arria Perreault: this is a new way to see how creativity works
[10:19] You: bye Alex
[10:19] Rose Springvale: thanks for your work alex
[10:19] Jon Seattle: bye Alex :)
[10:19] Arria Perreault: remix belongs to creativity
[10:20] You: in any case
[10:20] You: the work you will do the CDS will not fall under a CC license
[10:20] You: but a real IP release license
[10:20] You: real=real thing
[10:21] Arria Perreault: give me a good reason ....
[10:21] Rose Springvale: it is one area where RL actually applies to SL
[10:21] You: Arria
[10:21] You: look at me
[10:21] You: i am a professional content developer
[10:21] You: do you think i have a CC license?
[10:21] You: no... i have a trademark
[10:22] Arria Perreault: you could have
[10:22] Arria Perreault: some do
[10:22] You: but why have a wishy-washy thing when i can have the real thing?
[10:22] Arria Perreault: this is a question of philosophy
[10:22] Rose Springvale: yes, arria, that is right.
[10:22] Rose Springvale: but for professionals, its a question of livelihood
[10:22] Arria Perreault: in CDS, this is different
[10:23] You: besides,tell me something
[10:23] You: Arria
[10:23] You: i use a texture which has a CC Atribution
[10:23] You: on an object
[10:23] Arria Perreault: we could disseminate better our contents
[10:23] You: how do i attribute?
[10:23] You: do i write over my object the attribute CC?
[10:23] Arria Perreault: there is a line for description in the object editor
[10:23] You: imagine it's a complex build
[10:24] You: i do builds of 13.000 prims
[10:24] Rose Springvale: like this school
[10:24] You: will it be enough?
[10:24] Arria Perreault: there are several CC
[10:24] You: Arria, my pov on that is
[10:24] Arria Perreault: some are without attribution
[10:24] You: if you think your work is better defended by a CC, go ahead
[10:24] You: but teh CDS works with IP release licenses
[10:25] Arria Perreault: I mean, if CDS and Guild will promote education in building, CC is a necessity
[10:25] Rose Springvale: no, not with real licenses
[10:25] Rose Springvale: also
[10:25] You: surely, and we are planning some classes too on IP law :)
[10:25] Rose Springvale: CC is not recognized worldwide
[10:25] Arria Perreault: there are versions for many countries available now
[10:25] Jon Seattle: Well, it depends on your goals to some degree .. sometimes you want to promote free use without attribution. It is then better to use a CC licnece?
[10:26] Arria Perreault: you choose the good licence, without attribution
[10:26] Rose Springvale: we clearly need some expert advice is this is an issue, but in the meantime... i would love to see the guild teach texture making
[10:26] Arria Perreault: listen one second
[10:27] Arria Perreault: I am a former archeologist
[10:27] Arria Perreault: I see everywhere wrong texture in SL
[10:27] You: very true
[10:27] Arria Perreault: in order to correct this, I can produce a serie of right texture and disseminate them with a CC
[10:28] Jon Seattle is much happier now that he makes his own textures, but it does take time!
[10:28] Arria Perreault: the author of the mosaic is dead since long time
[10:28] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:28] You: surely
[10:28] Sudane Erato: thousands of years :)
[10:28] You: but the photyographer that took the pic you are using
[10:28] You: has a copyright of 70 years fater his death
[10:28] You: after*
[10:29] You: unless he releases teh picture
[10:29] Arria Perreault: beware: some pictures are only for documentation
[10:29] You: guys, sorry
[10:29] You: this discussion is taking too long
[10:29] Arria Perreault: not art in many documentary pictures
[10:29] You: Arria: don't forget that for education proposese
[10:29] You: copyright is altered by fair use
[10:29] You: but this is what i propose
[10:30] You: as i said
[10:30] You: Faculty is holding elections
[10:30] You: and also, charter is being rewritten
[10:30] You: to accommodate BAC
[10:30] You: let's wait a few weeks more
[10:30] Arria Perreault: I think that CDS is also a kind of state; state is public
[10:30] You: so that we have an educative department
[10:30] Arria Perreault: work made for CDS is public
[10:31] You: not quite
[10:31] You: to be a state, you have to be recognised as such
[10:31] You: by the other states
[10:31] Rose Springvale: arria, have you seen the license agreement we worked on last year?
[10:31] Arria Perreault: a kind of ;-)
[10:31] Arria Perreault: yes
[10:32] Rose Springvale: then you know, work made for CDS is NOT public, it remains the property of the creator for use outside of cds
[10:32] Rose Springvale: only our property is public
[10:32] Rose Springvale: to the CDS
[10:32] Rose Springvale: which is a small public lol
[10:32] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:32] Arria Perreault: right
[10:33] You: ok
[10:33] Arria Perreault: what about the content of the future website? should we licence it or let other people to re-use it?
[10:33] Rose Springvale: it is copyrighted the moment it isfixed in medium... legally
[10:33] You: that's for the portal WG to decide upon
[10:33] You: but in any case
[10:33] You: to close this issue
[10:34] You: after new faculty in place
[10:34] You: and reorganized charter
[10:34] You: we will look at these matters in a more organized way
[10:34] You: i am already aware of the issue
[10:35] Arria Perreault: ok. I'll come ;-)
[10:35] You: and i am already trying to see whta can be done to solve it
[10:35] You: but i agree with you all
[10:35] You: it's a complex thing
[10:35] Rose Springvale: thanks moon... i think at this point being aware is the most we can do
[10:36] You: not only defending ourselves from hijacked material
[10:36] Rose Springvale: though i'll be asking for waranties from builders from now on lol
[10:36] You: as also defending ourselves from hijacking our material
[10:36] You: ok
[10:36] You: if you all agree
[10:36] You: next point?
[10:36] You: 4. Altenstadt redeployment (submitted by Sonja)
[10:36] You: Sonja, if you please
[10:37] Sudane Erato: yes!
[10:37] Bjerkel Eerie: agree to what proposition?
[10:37] You: agree to changing point?
[10:37] Sudane Erato: .
[10:37] Rose Springvale: yes, we'll be here forever othewise!
[10:37] Bjerkel Eerie: np
[10:38] You: Sonja
[10:38] You: ?
[10:38] Rose Springvale: oops!
[10:38] You: sorry
[10:39] You: do we have quorum
[10:39] You: yes, we do
[10:39] Rose Springvale: not sure what quorum is here....
[10:39] You: 3 people to a meting
[10:39] Rose Springvale: oh yes
[10:39] You: 5 people to hold a vote
[10:39] You: i have a lot of windows open
[10:40] Sudane Erato: sorry... I'll have to leave in a coiuple of mins
[10:40] You: so don't see you all
[10:40] Rose Springvale: right now there are 7 avis in the room but aparently sonja is afk, and sudane is leaving in a moment
[10:40] You: Sonja seems to be away
[10:40] You: ok
[10:40] You: then i will delay Sonja's point
[10:40] You: and pass to next point, with your agreement
[10:41] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:41] You: 5. Use of Basecampto coord Guild activities (submitted by Moon)
[10:41] You: let me introduce the point
[10:41] You: as you know
[10:41] You: we have tons of stuff to do
[10:41] You: it is getting a bit hard to manage everything
[10:41] You: so i suggest this tool, Basecamp
[10:42] You: which is a management software
[10:42] You: it is not free
[10:42] You: but i will gladly pay it while the Guild can't pay it
[10:42] You: and i am also looking for opens source solutions
[10:42] Sudane Erato: how much is it?
[10:42] You: but...
[10:42] You: 25$/month
[10:42] Rose Springvale: the low level is only 24 us!
[10:43] You: yes, that's what i think we need
[10:43] You: at BT
[10:43] Arria Perreault: we may find an open source tool
[10:43] You: we use an open source solution
[10:43] Sudane Erato: less than 7000 L$
[10:43] You: called dotproject
[10:43] Arria Perreault: let me know the specifications
[10:43] You: but i do NOT reccomend it
[10:43] Arria Perreault: i can tests some systems
[10:43] You: well, Arria, have a look at the basecamp tour in their site
[10:43] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:43] You: it's teh easiest interface i have found so far
[10:43] You: and i have tried hmmm
[10:44] Sudane Erato: great!
[10:44] You: dotproject eeek
[10:44] Patroklus Murakami: i had a look at basecamp on friday and set up the limited freebie account. it looked quite useful and easy to use
[10:44] Sudane Erato: yes, its awful
[10:44] Rose Springvale: Moon, i see there is a free trial...
[10:44] You: taskjuggler... even more EEEEEK!
[10:44] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:44] Arria Perreault: i will look for alternatives ...
[10:44] You: oh, i have Gwyn doing the research too :)
[10:44] Rose Springvale: http://www.basecamphq.com/
[10:44] Rose Springvale: for the record
[10:44] Arria Perreault: so we will find somthing
[10:44] You: btw Arria, if you want to talk to her
[10:45] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:45] You: i have tested project-open.org
[10:45] Patroklus Murakami: Metaverse Republic are using Basecamp to coordinate their activities too (but I'm not part of the inner circle so can't see what's on their site)
[10:45] You: which is as complicated as dotproject so eeeek too
[10:45] You: well, Pat
[10:45] You: the thing is
[10:45] You: for instance
[10:45] Sudane Erato: i must go... but I vote that we start testing Basecamp
[10:45] You: BT needs dotproject
[10:45] You: ok dear :)
[10:46] You: have fun! :)
[10:46] Jon Seattle: yes, I think Basecamp makes sense
[10:46] Rose Springvale: shall we have a quick vote?
[10:46] You: because we need to do risk assessment, make gantt charts, etc
[10:46] You: no, not yet
[10:46] Rose Springvale: kk
[10:46] Arria Perreault: why not spend one week to find an free solution?
[10:46] You: let us do a bit more of research
[10:46] Bjerkel Eerie: what is the cost again?
[10:46] You: 24$/month
[10:46] Rose Springvale: 24 usd/mo
[10:46] Rose Springvale: 7000 L
[10:46] Rose Springvale: per sudane
[10:46] You: basecamp«s approach is different
[10:47] Arria Perreault: for the portal, we choosed an open source CMS
[10:47] You: it's bsed on tasks
[10:47] You: tasks to do, by whom, you can juggle priorities around
[10:47] You: and it's more useful because intead of dealing withe ETD
[10:47] Patroklus Murakami: i think it looks good. it has what we need. it would have made planning the building of CN much easier :)
[10:47] You: (Estimated Times of Arrival, thus counting hours, etc)
[10:48] You: it works over timelines
[10:48] You: but i agree with Arria
[10:48] You: and i think we should spend one more week looking for something that does teh same, for free :)
[10:48] Rose Springvale: smiles.... move to table then?
[10:49] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:49] You: So Arria, can you please connect to Gwyn and do the research with her?
[10:49] You: also because of another thing
[10:49] You: atm, i don't know if this tool needs to link with portal
[10:49] You: so you two are obviously the right people to talk about that
[10:49] You: and yes lol Rose, move to table
[10:49] You: i just wanted to consult you about this
[10:50] You: so that you are aware
[10:50] You: that atm
[10:50] Arria Perreault: I will do
[10:50] Rose Springvale: :)... i like organization.
[10:50] You: we have almost a dozen of projects running
[10:50] Rose Springvale: also
[10:50] You: yes?
[10:50] Rose Springvale: this makes it possible for current board to have more freedome if they ever want to leave
[10:51] Rose Springvale: its all there
[10:51] Rose Springvale: so successors could theoretically pick it up. hmmm
[10:51] Rose Springvale: a reason to vote against ... hmmm
[10:51] You: LOL
[10:52] Rose Springvale: :)]
[10:52] You: but you are right
[10:52] You: sucessors would have a record
[10:52] Arria Perreault: just that they don't forget to open accounts for the successors ;-)
[10:52] You: ok guys, next topic
[10:52] You: 6. Building Approval Committee WG - Report
[10:53] You: nothing to report, as the Faculty election must come first
[10:53] You: then we will think about it
[10:53] You: point 7 - Symo already presented it
[10:53] You: 8. Governemntal Spaces Re-organization WG - Report
[10:53] You: neither TP or Brian are here
[10:54] You: who are co-cjhairs of that wg
[10:54] Rose Springvale: afk for a moment
[10:54] You: i am in that wg either, but have got no info on anything related to it
[10:54] You: hey Cindy .)
[10:54] Cindy Ecksol: hi folks.
[10:54] You: welcome
[10:54] Cindy Ecksol: sorry to be late
[10:54] You: we are almost finishing
[10:55] You: but please do join us
[10:55] Cindy Ecksol: What!! all problems solved already???? Must be good :-)
[10:55] You: i must warn you that meetings are recorded. as usual
[10:55] You: and you too Pat, lol, sorry
[10:55] You: and all latecomers
[10:56] You: ok
[10:56] You: point 9
[10:56] You: 9. 4th sim WG - Report
[10:56] You: ok
[10:56] Bjerkel Eerie: I am trying tot hink about the BAC, but nothing is happening
[10:56] You: last WG meeting
[10:56] You: we decided to ask the RA two questions
[10:56] You: 1. could the sim be CN-West instead of CN East?
[10:57] Arria Perreault: who is member of this WG? I don't remember
[10:57] You: err.... have to check the forums lol
[10:57] Cindy Ecksol: I am but did not make the meeting
[10:57] Rose Springvale: (back, hi cindy)
[10:57] You: i am in so many wgs ....
[10:57] Cindy Ecksol waves at rose
[10:58] You: ok, at last meeting were present
[10:58] You: Moon Adamant, Symo Kurka, Bjerkel Eerie, Brian Livingston, Pip Torok, Naftali Torok, Feminist Expedition, Klause Hauberstadt (temporarily)
[10:58] You: but this is not the full workgroup
[10:58] Rose Springvale: ah klause!
[10:58] You: as Cindy has just pointed out
[10:58] You: one advantage of basecamp, btw
[10:58] You: is that i can point members to WGs
[10:59] You: and send mesages around
[10:59] You: ok, but anyway, where was i...
[10:59] You: ah yes
[10:59] You: the two questions
[10:59] You: so question 1 was that
[10:59] You: because you see
[10:59] You: CN is denser on the WESTERN side
[11:00] You: so it makes more sense to go on being denser that side
[11:00] You: second question was
[11:00] You: if we could go lower than 50 plots
[11:00] You: say... 45/46
[11:01] You: but have a prim multiplier
[11:01] You: now
[11:01] You: as you know,
[11:01] You: the other saturday it was impossibnle for me to attend RA
[11:01] You: and yesterday
[11:01] You: RA lost quorum hmmm suddenly
[11:01] You: just before i was going to report and ask these questions
[11:02] Cindy Ecksol wonders what she missed
[11:02] Rose Springvale: hmm, no transcripts from either meeting that i have found :(
[11:02] You: Cindy... i advise the reading of teh trasncript
[11:02] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[11:03] You: anyway
[11:03] Rose Springvale: are they posted someplace??
[11:03] You: not sure if Jamie has posted them already
[11:03] Arria Perreault: yes, in the part of the forum RA Announcements
[11:04] Rose Springvale: were there any ever from last week?
[11:04] Rose Springvale: i looked last night and didn't see any
[11:04] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:04] Cindy Ecksol: yes those are out there...
[11:04] You: last week (12th April) are posted
[11:04] Arria Perreault: the RA of the 12th is there
[11:04] You: these i haven't seen yet
[11:04] You: but haven't looked for them
[11:04] You: anyway
[11:04] Rose Springvale sighs ant repeats her hate for the forums
[11:04] Patroklus Murakami: Minutes of 12 April are here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1794
[11:04] You: LRA suggested that instead of questions
[11:05] Rose Springvale then sits on her hands and stops interrupting the meeting
[11:05] Patroklus Murakami: Yesterday's have not been posted yet :)
[11:05] Rose Springvale: thanks pat
[11:05] Rose Springvale: :)
[11:05] You: we presented the RA with this reasoning instead
[11:05] You: which i will do
[11:05] You: when i can .)
[11:05] You: BUT
[11:05] You: i would also like to warn you
[11:06] You: that i have published a nice grid
[11:06] You: with CN in teh middle
[11:06] You: to help you guys laying down layouts
[11:06] You: let me get the link
[11:06] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1797
[11:07] You: now, i always have these existential doubts where to publish stuff in the forums
[11:07] You: i published it at NG forum
[11:07] You: any suggestion where i can place it too?
[11:07] Arria Perreault: the Guild have a place in the forums
[11:07] You: there's a 4th sim thread started by Pat on the sim and city planning
[11:07] Rose Springvale: i think that is the best place Moon
[11:07] You: well, it seems logic to me
[11:08] Rose Springvale: now that it is underway, lets keep it in NG.. not political
[11:08] You: ok
[11:08] You: but please spread teh word then
[11:08] You: and grab your crayons :)
[11:08] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:08] Arria Perreault: I have a question
[11:08] You: sure Arria
[11:09] Arria Perreault: are you open to the idea to change the place of the walls
[11:09] You: have a bigger core?
[11:09] Arria Perreault: I consider that a high density habitation may be inside the wall
[11:09] You: well, my idea would be to have several layers of walls
[11:09] Arria Perreault: outside the wall, we usually have graves ...
[11:10] You: because, for instance, that happened as teh empire weakened
[11:10] You: the villas, etc - wouldn't be safe
[11:10] You: so they'd go and build an external wall
[11:11] You: but i am not against taking the walls.... though i see an issue only
[11:11] You: is that they're 8 metres thick
[11:11] You: are you proposing cross sim housing?
[11:11] Arria Perreault: why not
[11:11] You: btw, i think the RA or chancellor would have to approve that
[11:12] You: you can have some physical issues with cross sim spaces
[11:12] Arria Perreault: I would like to have something coherent
[11:12] You: but nothing you can't solve with 2-3 prims more
[11:12] Rose Springvale: like disappearing into the ether....
[11:12] You: no, the thing is that prims which have a root in teh other sim can go phatom on this sim
[11:12] You: so what you do is
[11:13] You: set two prims, one inside the other
[11:13] You: with roots on both sims
[11:13] Rose Springvale: hmmm
[11:13] You: we once had a REAL problem with that
[11:14] Jon Seattle: :) I've used something similar for bridges between sims
[11:14] Arria Perreault: well each house may be on its sim
[11:14] You: but it was a 4 corner intersection
[11:14] You: yes, but an 8 meter wide house...
[11:14] Rose Springvale: so you needed 4 ?
[11:14] Arria Perreault: I just thing that our walls don't have sens anymore
[11:14] You: oh Arria, i don't quite agree
[11:14] You: you know that people alwauys built third-wall houses
[11:14] Arria Perreault: think* sense*
[11:15] You: yes, i am thinking sense
[11:15] You: and the sense is
[11:15] Cindy Ecksol: very interesting issues....hadn't thought about it....
[11:15] You: why shoul i build a house with 4 walls
[11:15] You: if i can save one wall by using the city wall?
[11:15] You: :)
[11:15] You: but in any case Arria
[11:15] Arria Perreault: it's so in my house ;-)
[11:15] You: get your crayon!
[11:15] Cindy Ecksol: actually I HAD thought about it: my store in CN uses the wall of the store next door as its 4th wall
[11:15] You: yes
[11:16] Bjerkel Eerie: and moons idea is what really happend
[11:16] You: current practice
[11:16] Cindy Ecksol: saved me some prims on those silly plots
[11:16] You: that's why it's so tricky to do hmmm
[11:16] You: works in historical quarters
[11:16] You: because the houses are all leaning on one another!
[11:17] You: ok
[11:17] You: so
[11:17] Rose Springvale: and when the great fire comes....
[11:17] Arria Perreault: I have an other proposition regarding this project of 4th sim
[11:17] You: ok
[11:17] Moon Adamant listens
[11:17] Arria Perreault: it's about textures
[11:17] You: yes
[11:17] Bjerkel Eerie: thats why the smart piggy used stone rose
[11:17] Arria Perreault: the textures in CN are not really roman
[11:17] Rose Springvale: smile (and ended up with all the relatives living in! ugh!)
[11:18] Arria Perreault: we don't have mosaics, paintings
[11:18] You: yes
[11:18] You: i know that
[11:18] Arria Perreault: the walls of the houses are more italian renaissance than roman
[11:18] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:18] You: we had a terrible lack of data for them
[11:18] You: well
[11:18] You: i tried to reason what a roman carpenter could do
[11:19] Arria Perreault: we could create a set of textures for both sims
[11:19] You: for instance, for windows and doors
[11:19] You: and came to teh conclusion
[11:19] You: that they could do things like shutters, etc
[11:19] You: they had bolts already
[11:19] Arria Perreault: I have already created some textures that you can see in my two houses
[11:20] You: also, from looking at images from Ostia, etc
[11:20] You: and knowing teh materials you know they had
[11:20] Bjerkel Eerie: the roman ruins in germany are pretty short on murals and paintings now
[11:20] You: you can create a similiraity
[11:20] Arria Perreault: for this new sim, Ostia is a good inspiration
[11:20] You: which... in the lack of better data
[11:20] You: was what i aimed at
[11:21] Arria Perreault: for physical reasons, these paintings were not conserved
[11:21] You: yes
[11:21] Arria Perreault: but the roman empire was very homogeneous
[11:21] You: and evenm mosaic, we only have fragments
[11:21] You: but Arria, as said
[11:21] Arria Perreault: I propose that we have a subWG for textures
[11:21] You: i had LOTS of trouble getting textures
[11:22] Bjerkel Eerie: why do we have the word Vandal, and what did they do?
[11:22] You: if you can get better ones
[11:22] You: i'll appreciate that
[11:22] You: and sure
[11:22] Arria Perreault: what kind of trouble?
[11:22] You: well
[11:22] You: lack of photos for a start
[11:22] You: lack of public domain photos!
[11:22] You: lack of good-sized photos!
[11:23] Rose Springvale: we have a broader population now.. i bet we can get first hand ones!
[11:23] You: well, maybe Symo has lots of photos :))
[11:23] Arria Perreault: we can try to cooperate with the people who have this material
[11:23] Rose Springvale: that's what we did in AA.. just had local people go take pics
[11:23] You: ok Arria, good idea
[11:23] You: can i suggest the following
[11:24] You: well, i don't know how it is in Italy
[11:24] You: here, museums sell their photos
[11:24] You: like 100 euros/photo
[11:24] Arria Perreault: we can get these pictures without going in Italy ...
[11:24] Rose Springvale: but we have lots of italians in CDS
[11:24] Arria Perreault: we can get them for free too
[11:24] Rose Springvale: symo, valus, hmm
[11:24] Rose Springvale: maybe valus is in spain.
[11:25] You: but i agree
[11:25] Arria Perreault: I am talking about collaboration
[11:25] You: THOUGH mind something
[11:25] Bjerkel Eerie: i hve thousands of vernacular photos of Norway and will take thousands while in tuscany
[11:25] You: the next sim is not going to be built by the guild like CN was
[11:25] You: it will be like AM
[11:26] You: we will build roads, bridges, gardens
[11:26] Rose Springvale: so what we need is a texture store....
[11:26] Rose Springvale: with valid textures!
[11:26] Arria Perreault: yes, but we can prepare a set of textures
[11:26] You: at least, if this pressure that the sim be ready on thsi term goes on
[11:26] You: surely Arria
[11:27] You: i can agree with that
[11:27] Arria Perreault: because if we don't, we risk to have something ugly
[11:27] Rose Springvale: top did that before.. just make them availiable to whoever wants them
[11:27] You: and even more, i think they should be set for sale
[11:27] Rose Springvale: but do we require that they are used? is that in the plan?
[11:27] Cindy Ecksol: WHEN the sim will be ready is probably not the most important thing to worry about.
[11:27] You: i don't know that yet Rose
[11:27] Rose Springvale: so is this wg stuff?
[11:27] You: i mean, atm
[11:27] Cindy Ecksol: just need to do it right....but be sure to have the progress be transparent
[11:28] Arria Perreault: I have tried to sell my textures in ROMA, but nobody bought them ;-)
[11:28] You: aaaah
[11:28] Arria Perreault: my conclusion: it's expected as free material
[11:28] You: no
[11:28] Rose Springvale: in Roma, when i lived there.. i just bought a prefab
[11:28] You: if your textures were more like Quo Vadis
[11:28] You: you'd sell them ;)
[11:29] Rose Springvale: put them in your store in CN Arria! if we have a new sim... there is a new market!
[11:29] Arria Perreault: they are made after the original model and with a lot of work to appear as "new"
[11:29] You: i think work should be paid
[11:29] Rose Springvale forgets she's supposed to be sitting on her hands
[11:29] Arria Perreault: I can try ....
[11:29] You: so if the WG is going to have a lot of work
[11:30] Rose Springvale: i'll buy them, lol. i need new textures :(
[11:30] You: it's fair that the textures be for sale
[11:30] You: but i agree
[11:30] You: this is for discussion insid ethe WG
[11:30] You: can i propose something?
[11:30] Arria Perreault: ok. I'll see with Ulysse if we can make a set together and sell them in his house
[11:31] You: that we try and make a WG meeting schedule?
[11:31] Patroklus Murakami: bye folks, i need to get going :)
[11:31] Rose Springvale: good idea
[11:31] You: bye Pat! :)
[11:31] Rose Springvale: bye pat, thanks for coming :)
[11:31] Arria Perreault: bye Pat
[11:31] You: we still have quorum?
[11:31] Cindy Ecksol: bye pat
[11:31] Rose Springvale: only if sonja is here
[11:31] Rose Springvale: no
[11:31] Rose Springvale: yes
[11:31] Rose Springvale: even if not
[11:31] Rose Springvale: six avis
[11:32] You: lol, decide yourself
[11:32] You: in any case
[11:32] Rose Springvale: okay for now :)
[11:32] You: i move that we table the discussion for teh WG
[11:32] Rose Springvale: but meeting is getting long!
[11:32] Rose Springvale: yes second
[11:32] You: but let's try and make a regular meeting
[11:32] Cindy Ecksol: good idea
[11:32] Rose Springvale: who chairs the wg?
[11:32] You: shall i start a forum thread with that
[11:32] Arria Perreault: Can I join the WG 4th sim?
[11:33] You: well, myself, atm
[11:33] You: sure you can!
[11:33] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:33] You: you all CAN!
[11:33] Rose Springvale: me too, i think i signed up and then ran away
[11:33] You: ok guys
[11:34] You: weekend evening or saturday mornings
[11:34] You: i mean
[11:34] Rose Springvale: weeekend evening
[11:34] Rose Springvale: saturdays are baseball days for the rest of the summer for me
[11:34] You: from 3PM SLT on weekdays
[11:34] You: or saturdays AMs
[11:34] You: ok
[11:34] Rose Springvale: lol wait
[11:34] Rose Springvale: weekend?
[11:34] You: well, i like also to have the saturday as free as i can
[11:35] Cindy Ecksol: sat AM is no good for me -- earliest I can meet is 11am
[11:35] Rose Springvale: is that what you meant? or weeknight?
[11:35] You: it's the only day in teh week i can rest
[11:35] Rose Springvale: also doesn't RA meet saturday now?
[11:35] You: Rose, from 3PM SLT on weekdays, excepting mondays and wednesdays
[11:35] You: (i never can on those)
[11:35] Rose Springvale: okay, that is weeknight :)
[11:36] You: tuesdays?
[11:36] Rose Springvale: tues or thursday better than fridays, yes
[11:36] Cindy Ecksol: I like tues/thu too
[11:36] Arria Perreault: for what meeting?
[11:36] You: 4th Sim WG
[11:36] You: let's make it regular
[11:36] Rose Springvale: so everyone knows
[11:36] Arria Perreault: 3PM is never possible
[11:37] Rose Springvale: what time Arria works?
[11:37] Rose Springvale: anytime after?
[11:37] Arria Perreault: during the week
[11:37] You: arria is on CET
[11:37] Arria Perreault: after I usually sleep :-)
[11:37] Arria Perreault: we are going to have issues with that
[11:37] Rose Springvale cannot do time zones
[11:37] You: you tell me
[11:37] You: oh Rose
[11:37] Arria Perreault: I have realized that with the debate
[11:38] You: 3PM SLT=midnight CET
[11:38] Rose Springvale: kk
[11:38] You: 11 PM GMT... but you know i go to bed at 4 AM :)
[11:38] Rose Springvale: yes, lol
[11:38] You: to wake up 4 hours later
[11:38] Arria Perreault: but don't look at me
[11:38] Rose Springvale: how long will symos group meet?
[11:38] You: drag myself to the kitchen, make some coffee
[11:39] Rose Springvale: maybe we could hijack that time?
[11:39] You: masterplan?
[11:39] Rose Springvale: yes
[11:39] You: ooooh
[11:39] You: WEEKS!
[11:39] Rose Springvale: oh :/
[11:39] Arria Perreault: I am not sure to participate on week meetings
[11:39] Arria Perreault: only the week end
[11:39] You: issue on weekend is the RA slot
[11:40] You: which is changing
[11:40] You: they are testing too
[11:40] Rose Springvale: and may change again after the election
[11:40] You: yes
[11:40] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:40] You: so hmmm
[11:40] Rose Springvale: maybe we should pick a time and then use forums?
[11:40] Rose Springvale: for those who can't participate?
[11:40] You: or what if we do this
[11:40] You: sure
[11:41] You: and everyone knows they can IM me or mail me with comments they want to be made public
[11:41] Rose Springvale: wb bj :)
[11:41] You: wb bj :)
[11:41] You: ok guys
[11:41] You: so tentatively, let's do this
[11:42] You: RA now seems to be on saturdays
[11:42] You: sor two weeks more or so
[11:42] You: they'll have to decide their new slot, which will take time
[11:42] You: so
[11:42] You: for teh moment
[11:42] You: let's use the sunday RA slot?
[11:43] You: only Not today, because my hand are already aching?
[11:43] Rose Springvale: the one we are using right now? :)
[11:43] Rose Springvale: it makes such long days :(
[11:43] You: hmm, wasn't it noon?
[11:43] Rose Springvale: oh yes, 17 minutes from now
[11:43] Cindy Ecksol: no, the ra slot is noon -- I usually can't make this slot
[11:43] Cindy Ecksol: but noon is usually ok
[11:43] You: but is noon SLT sunday acceptable?
[11:43] You: to everyone?
[11:43] Cindy Ecksol: yes, fine
[11:43] Rose Springvale: if we do masterplan at 8, guild at 10,,,,
[11:44] Rose Springvale: it is very hard for me.. but if that's all there is
[11:44] Cindy Ecksol: wow!
[11:44] You: yes, my chair is already stuck to my bottom :P
[11:44] Jon Seattle: Okay (not that I know what I am agreeing to..) :D
[11:44] Cindy Ecksol: I'm going to spend all day sunday in meetings!!!
[11:44] You: welcome to the club, Cindy :)
[11:44] Rose Springvale: it's spring here :( the sun is out...
[11:44] Rose Springvale whines
[11:44] You: anyway
[11:44] You: so we move that temporarily, while the RA doesn't decide the new slot
[11:45] Sonja Strom: Rose, wouldn't you rather be in a meeting?
[11:45] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:45] Jon Seattle keeps photoshop open while at meetings
[11:45] Sonja Strom: lol
[11:45] Arria Perreault: we can try to work more offline, with the management tool
[11:45] You: the 4Th sim WG meetings shall take place weekly at noon slt, on this school
[11:45] You: if you all agree, say Aye
[11:45] Rose Springvale: aye
[11:45] Arria Perreault: aye
[11:45] Sonja Strom: aye
[11:45] You: pokes everyone
[11:46] Bjerkel Eerie: sure
[11:46] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[11:46] You: Jon?
[11:46] Jon Seattle: Sure :)
[11:46] Rose Springvale: lol in psp.
[11:46] You: and i vote Aye as well
[11:46] Jon Seattle: aye
[11:46] Rose Springvale: unanimous!
[11:46] You: passed
[11:46] You: ok guys
[11:46] You: LASST point
[11:47] You: some of us did a an impropmtu remodelling on teh bierhaus teh other day
[11:47] You: but i found out the following issues:
[11:47] Rose Springvale: redecorating really
[11:47] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[11:47] Sonja Strom: Yay! It is a lot better!!!
[11:47] You: 1. it takes 460 prims
[11:48] You: 2. walls, windows, etc are non coplanar
[11:48] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[11:48] You: 3. all objects i surveyed
[11:48] You: had no perms
[11:48] You: and were in teh wrong group
[11:48] You: altenburg group...
[11:48] Rose Springvale: poor moon was having anxiety attacks :)
[11:48] Jon Seattle: yes, really crazy build
[11:49] You: tythere are serious misalignements of stuff, like counters that go through the oyuter walls, etc
[11:49] You: also
[11:49] Rose Springvale: inaccessible second floor
[11:49] Cindy Ecksol is feeling a lot better about her ability to make good builds
[11:49] You: some objects feature brands taht were created by Kendra
[11:49] You: and which we shouldn't be uing
[11:49] You: using
[11:49] You: so my proposal is
[11:49] You: that in the long run
[11:49] Bjerkel Eerie: burn it
[11:49] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:49] Rose Springvale: the great NFS fire!
[11:49] You: (because we have lots of stuff to do before it!)
[11:50] Cindy Ecksol: yay, a rehap project!
[11:50] You: the building be replaced
[11:50] Cindy Ecksol: rehab that is...
[11:50] You: we will try to make somethink that looks like it
[11:50] You: but well done
[11:50] You: and in teh meanwhile
[11:50] Rose Springvale: yes!!
[11:50] You: if someone volunteers
[11:50] You: we can take pictures, etc, for teh History of the CDS
[11:51] You: same as we did with Schloss
[11:51] You: but mind... this is LONG term project
[11:51] You: tons of stuff to do before it
[11:51] Jon Seattle: brb
[11:51] You: i will also have to ask authorization from teh chancellor
[11:51] You: to replace the build
[11:52] You: so... think on it as a nice cosy project
[11:52] Cindy Ecksol: I cannot imagine anyone would say "no" to that
[11:52] You: for teh summer, or something like it
[11:52] Rose Springvale: and fun. I"ll buy the beer!
[11:52] You: ok
[11:52] Cindy Ecksol thinks we're stil going to be working on "sim 4" in the summer
[11:52] You: hope not
[11:52] Rose Springvale: nah, we'll be done by then!
[11:52] Rose Springvale: brb!
[11:52] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[11:52] You: just bear in mind that there are more urgent projects first
[11:52] You: masterplan
[11:52] You: 4th sim
[11:53] You: gov spaces
[11:53] You: altensat
[11:53] You: altenstadt
[11:54] You: ah Sonja
[11:54] Rose Springvale: reminding chair that agenda isn't done if sonja is back
[11:54] You: almost forgot
[11:54] Rose Springvale: :)
[11:54] You: yes
[11:54] Rose Springvale: gmta
[11:54] You: i delayed your point about Altenstat
[11:54] You: though of course i know :)
[11:54] You: can you please tell us about it?
[11:55] You: Sonja?
[11:55] Rose Springvale: smiles
[11:56] Rose Springvale: maybe we have our first agenda item next week?
[11:56] Rose Springvale: we are approaching three hours
[11:56] You: yes
[11:56] You: guys
[11:56] You: Sonja
[11:56] You: i am sorry
[11:56] You: but shall we move to adjourn?
[11:57] Arria Perreault: for me, yes
[11:57] Rose Springvale: thanks for a great meeting Moon, covered a lot. I move we adjourn
[11:57] You: all agreeing, say Aye
[11:57] Jon Seattle: Sure, aye
[11:57] Arria Perreault: aye
[11:57] Rose Springvale: aye
[11:57] You: Sonja's point is table for next week
[11:57] You: bjerkel?
[11:58] Bjerkel Eerie: aye
[11:58] You: thanks
[11:58] You: and aye as well
[11:58] You: we are adjourned!
[11:58] Rose Springvale: yay!!
[11:58] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[11:58] You: and my CONGRATULATIONS
[11:58] Jon Seattle: :)
[11:58] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:58] Cindy Ecksol: ?
[11:58] You: because it was the first time we managed to complete an agenda
[11:58] Arria Perreault: thank you Moon :-)
[11:58] Rose Springvale: well done!
[11:58] Cindy Ecksol: wow!!!!
[11:58] You: thanks everyone for a great meeting
[11:59] You: this WAS what NG meetings should always be
[11:59] Rose Springvale: only shorter lol
[11:59] You: stopping transcript now

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”