Board Guild Meeting 27th April 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 27th April 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:22] You: let's start then
[9:22] You: hello everyone
[9:22] You: welcome to the Board meeting
[9:22] You: remember that this meeting will be trasnscripted into our forums
[9:22] Rose Springvale: hi satir :)
[9:22] Satir DeCuir: hiii
[9:22] You: Agenda can be consulted by touching the blue box
[9:22] Satir DeCuir: hello people from cds
[9:23] Rose Springvale: have a seat, just starting :)
[9:23] You: hi Satir :)
[9:23] Satir DeCuir: hi moon :))
[9:23] Satir DeCuir: hi jon hi koala :)
[9:23] Satir DeCuir: lol
[9:23] Satir DeCuir: hi ludo
[9:23] You: ok Satir
[9:23] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:23] Jon Seattle: Hi Satir
[9:23] Rose Springvale: sit satir! :)
[9:23] Brian Livingston: hehe
[9:23] You: dunno if you got what i was saying
[9:23] You: meetings are transcripted into our foriums
[9:24] You: consult agenda please by touching the blue box
[9:24] Rose Springvale: (anything you say can and will be used against you, you have the right to an.. er.. )
[9:24] Rose Springvale: nm
[9:24] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:24] You: i will start the meeting by requiring an assistant
[9:24] Rose Springvale: :: hangs head::
[9:24] You: loll Rose
[9:24] Rose Springvale: ::raises hand meekly::
[9:24] Rose Springvale: rose forgot to post the transcript last week
[9:24] You: Rose assists
[9:24] You: no no no
[9:24] Satir DeCuir: lol
[9:25] You: i post the transcript lol
[9:25] Rose Springvale: oh
[9:25] You: you post the motions and votes
[9:25] Rose Springvale: i'm supposed to do the summary :)
[9:25] Satir DeCuir: oh rose
[9:25] Brian Livingston: hehe
[9:25] Rose Springvale: ahh okay. NOW i understand
[9:25] You: i post the transcript as soon as the meeting finishes
[9:25] You: Jon, i think you may be ghsoted
[9:25] Jon Seattle: it looks as if I am typing but I am not.
[9:25] Rose Springvale: okay :) I"m on it! i wont' let you down!
[9:26] You: yay!
[9:26] Jon Seattle: I think I am back :)
[9:26] You: ok, let me open aganeda then
[9:26] You: agenda
[9:26] You: 1. General regulations draft for new sim buildings - report by Symo and Moon
[9:27] You: nothing more to report, as Symo is travelling
[9:27] You: nevertheless, we do encourage people to go to the thread called Qaulity in building
[9:27] You: and read, ask questions, post comments, etc
[9:27] You: one sec so i can get the link
[9:28] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1782
[9:28] You: 2. CDS Information centre - submitted by Arria or Alex
[9:28] Rose Springvale: i kept watching.. was there a threat opened on that?
[9:28] You: i propose we delay this point, if you do not object, untill Arria or Açlex are present
[9:29] Rose Springvale: they asked me to comment, but i couldn't find a threat
[9:29] Rose Springvale: thread either :)
[9:29] You: i remind that last week it was agreed that they would prepare us the functional specs for this info centre
[9:29] You: i don't know where that thread is either
[9:29] You: does anyone?
[9:29] Rose Springvale: Okay, maybe i'll just open one :)
[9:30] You: lol, ask Arria where it is
[9:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: knock, knock!
[9:30] Rose Springvale: okay.
[9:30] Rose Springvale: Hi Gwyneth!
[9:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hi Guilders :)
[9:30] You: i know i never can find anything using the search in forums :P
[9:30] You: hey Gwyn
[9:30] You: join in :)
[9:30] You: i must warn you
[9:30] You: that this meeting is transcripted
[9:31] You: into our forums. Agenda is on the blue box
[9:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah that's ok, I don't intend to say anything unappropriate!
[9:31] Jon Seattle: Hi Gwyn :)
[9:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /laugh3
[9:31] You: can someone update Gwyn on IM?
[9:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oh, please ignore me :D
[9:31] Rose Springvale: yes, i will
[9:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: thank you Rose — you're too kind lol
[9:31] Brian Livingston waves to Gwyn
[9:31] You: thanks Rose :)
[9:31] You: ok
[9:32] You: point 3
[9:32] You: Textures and texture content theft (submitted by Rose) - report of progress by Moon
[9:32] You: ok
[9:32] You: i have been researching this
[9:33] You: as i had already told you, the costs of digitally marking using either Digimarc or IBM systems are firghtenginly high
[9:33] You: so i am still looking for a solution
[9:33] You: this of course, related to textures that we create for the projects
[9:33] You: as for the other side of the issue
[9:34] You: which is: using textures which may not be bona fide
[9:34] You: at last meeting we arrived at the conclusion that for the moment, awareness should be raised about this
[9:34] You: this issue
[9:35] You: also, that the best solution would be the ideal solution of Guild making their own textures
[9:35] You: for which we need ways to teach people how to do them
[9:36] You: still in research too... and waiting too for new Faculty and new charter
[9:36] Rose Springvale: do any of the teaching groups, TUI or such, do classes on this?
[9:36] You: which will allow us to organize better
[9:36] You: possibly
[9:36] You: and well, rose
[9:36] You: the web is FULL of tutorials
[9:36] Rose Springvale: yes, i 've learned!
[9:36] You: for photoshop, paintshop pro, gimp
[9:37] Rose Springvale: so really we just need to USE them
[9:37] You: full of plugins free that can help, etc
[9:37] You: yes
[9:37] You: but i feel that we need a real curricula here
[9:37] You: or better
[9:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (http://www.pixelmator.com/ for the Mac hehe — a Photoshop clone, much cheaper though)
[9:37] Rose Springvale: yes, i think we should lead rather than piece together
[9:38] You: atm, for instance
[9:38] You: i know what i can do in terms of textures
[9:38] Satir DeCuir: gwyn has great tutorials :) lol
[9:38] Rose Springvale: smile.. thanks gwyn :)
[9:38] You: i know what jon can do
[9:38] You: i don't know what Ludo can do, or you, for instance
[9:38] Satir DeCuir: at her blog
[9:38] You: so i think that the education dep
[9:38] Rose Springvale: i can say "satir, how do i fix this?"
[9:38] You: (future)
[9:38] Brian Livingston knows what he can do.... butcher perfectly goood textures :p
[9:38] Satir DeCuir: lol
[9:39] You: will first of all need to assess what levels of teaching should be given
[9:39] Ludo Merit: Gimp. Not a pro.
[9:39] You: basics for sure
[9:39] Gwyneth Llewelyn smiles at Brian ;)
[9:39] You: but what else'!
[9:39] You: ?!
[9:39] You: and that is really a mission for Faculty
[9:39] You: but... i'll keep reseraching
[9:39] Rose Springvale: yes, and the interest and level of the students will guide that i think
[9:39] You: yes
[9:39] Satir DeCuir: wyn did u make your smily skin?
[9:39] Satir DeCuir: lol
[9:39] Rose Springvale: maybe we could put together a resourse list
[9:40] You: yes, taht can be done as well
[9:40] You: ok
[9:40] Rose Springvale: so table for more research? do you want to assign someone to work on it?
[9:40] You: any more comments?
[9:40] Rose Springvale: or send to faculty?
[9:40] You: i would say table for more research
[9:41] You: and in any case yes
[9:41] You: Faculty must look at it, it's their field
[9:41] You: ok point 4
[9:41] You: 4. Altenstadt redeployment (submitted by Sonja)
[9:41] You: Sonja warned, i think, that she wouldn't be around this weekend
[9:42] You: so i propose to table this to next week
[9:42] Rose Springvale: poor Altenstadt
[9:42] You: well, in any case
[9:42] You: i must say that yesterday altenstadt and embassy row were NOT discussed at RA
[9:42] You: neither were they discussed teh other week
[9:43] You: so maybe next week we have news
[9:43] You: tabled
[9:43] Ludo Merit: Altenstadt. Another high sim?
[9:43] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:43] You: no Ludo
[9:43] Satir DeCuir: alpine himalaia
[9:43] You: it's the bit of NFS that is undeveloped
[9:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: No, a quarter of the inner city of NFS
[9:43] Rose Springvale: noo, part of NFS that needs to be rebuilt. thread on forums..
[9:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: just next to the Schloß in fact
[9:43] You: Sonja has trhis idea to make it an embassy row
[9:43] Ludo Merit: Oh yes, that area.
[9:44] You: so we can have the presence of other communities in NFS
[9:44] You: BUT
[9:44] You: there is an issue
[9:44] You: the inner ciity covenants are very strict
[9:44] You: and the covenants for that area may need to be altered
[9:44] Rose Springvale: moon, may i ask?
[9:44] You: because it is possible that Roma, say, will not want to have its embassy as a fachwerk :)
[9:45] You: yes?
[9:45] Rose Springvale: before the embassy row idea came up, i thought we had a plan that sleazy had proposed for more houses.. is that dead?
[9:45] You: no, not dead
[9:45] You: but since this embassy row idea comes from RA itself
[9:45] Rose Springvale: i see
[9:46] You: it must have some priority over Sleazy's plan
[9:46] Rose Springvale: k
[9:46] You: which in any case can be implemented right away
[9:46] You: since it only defines plots
[9:47] You: but we need to know what is the function of the area, and if covenants need to be altered, i think
[9:47] Rose Springvale: makes sense
[9:47] Brian Livingston: Althoguh wasn't it revealerd that there seemd to be little interest amongts the other communities in terms of trading plots for embassies? I thogut Roma was only itnerested in providing what in effect was a vendor spot
[9:47] You: Brian, i am not aware of that
[9:47] Rose Springvale: i read that too brian
[9:48] You: the only thing i know is that RA discussed the area as an embassy row
[9:48] Rose Springvale: there was a debate about people giving prims from their own land
[9:48] Rose Springvale: directed i recall, at the chancellor
[9:48] You: but what for?
[9:48] You: Sleazy's plan allows much larger plots
[9:49] Rose Springvale: for ad vendors i think.
[9:49] You: i mean, we the fachwerk dwellers don't have all those prims to share :P
[9:50] Rose Springvale: nor do the forum dwellers in CN
[9:50] You: yes
[9:50] Rose Springvale: at any rate, we table :)
[9:51] You: yes, point tabled
[9:51] You: hello princess.
[9:51] Jon Seattle: Hi Princess
[9:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hi Prin :)
[9:51] ThePrincess Parisi waves
[9:51] Satir DeCuir: hello prin
[9:51] You: please touch the blue cube for agenda
[9:52] You: and i recall that guild meetings are transcripted to our forums
[9:52] Rose Springvale: we are a ways into the meeting, would you like the notes so far or wait to read the transcript?
[9:54] Moon Adamant waits
[9:54] Rose Springvale: go ahead, if she replies, i'll respond :)
[9:54] You: ok
[9:54] You: Point 5
[9:54] You: 5. Use of Basecampto coord Guild activities (submitted by Moon) - report by Moon
[9:54] You: i must report
[9:54] You: that very happily
[9:55] You: we found a clone of basecamp that is free and is hoted at OUR servers :)))
[9:55] You: hosted*
[9:55] Satir DeCuir: freewee
[9:55] ThePrincess Parisi: yay
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well, it's not as good as basecamp...
[9:55] You: we are running tests with it atm, Sys admin, Chancellor, PIO and Faculty members
[9:56] You: yes, Gwyn, but it will serve our needs
[9:56] Rose Springvale: yay!
[9:56] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I agree...
[9:56] You: yes, VERY good news
[9:56] You: when we finish testing
[9:56] You: we will reset it and put all our projects into it
[9:56] You: we will also define rules for the use of it
[9:57] Rose Springvale: want me to see if it's breakable?
[9:57] Rose Springvale: :)O
[9:57] You: lol
[9:57] You: so, for the moment... we are happy with it
[9:57] You: ah, also, apparently it will be able to connect to the portal system
[9:57] You: which is an added bonus as well
[9:58] Rose Springvale: omg!
[9:58] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes, it should...
[9:58] Brian Livingston: cool :)
[9:58] Rose Springvale: well done!
[9:58] You: Arria is currently testing that matter specifically
[9:58] ThePrincess Parisi: hi cindy
[9:58] You: hello Cindy :)
[9:58] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hello Cindy :))
[9:58] Cindy Ecksol: good morning all
[9:58] You: touch the blue box for agenda
[9:59] Jon Seattle: Hi Cindy
[9:59] You: and remind that this meeting is transcripted into our forums
[9:59] You: can someone please update Cindy as well?
[9:59] Rose Springvale: i have it
[9:59] Rose Springvale: one sec
[9:59] Rose Springvale: hi cindy :)
[9:59] Rose Springvale: i jus tkeep adding
[10:00] You: as to what refers to this program, then
[10:00] You: called Project Pier
[10:00] You: we will continue testing
[10:00] You: and we can table this point
[10:00] You: Point 6
[10:00] You: 6. Bierhaus - report by Moon
[10:01] You: Though we had agreed that this would be a non priority project
[10:01] You: the other day i woke up at some impossible hours
[10:01] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[10:01] You: and i decided to have a close look at the build
[10:01] Rose Springvale: a normal one?
[10:01] You: lol
[10:01] Arria Perreault: Hi:-))
[10:01] Jon Seattle: Hi Arria :)
[10:01] You: hello Arria, have a seat .)
[10:01] Rose Springvale: Hi arria!
[10:01] Satir DeCuir: hi arria
[10:02] Rose Springvale: yes, i'll update her lol
[10:02] You: agenda in blue box
[10:02] You: and thanks Rose :9
[10:02] You: Arria, let me finish this point and then i'll go back to an earlier point which i need your input from, ok?
[10:02] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:02] You: ok
[10:03] You: so i did the catalogue of textures in the bierhaus
[10:03] You: and had a close look at prim alignments, prim permissions, groups...
[10:03] You: and is as i thought
[10:03] Rose Springvale: did you burn i t down yet?
[10:04] Satir DeCuir: lol
[10:04] You: the building will have to be replaced in its almost wholeness
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: *sigh*
[10:04] You: i also took some pics for the historic records, which i will gladly share with the person who will take care of it in the future
[10:05] You: of the historic records, that is
[10:05] You: BUT
[10:05] You: again
[10:05] You: this is a LOW priority project
[10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Still a nice one to finish :D
[10:05] You: and which will demand authorization from the Chancellor
[10:05] You: so... i suggest we table it for the moment being
[10:06] Cindy Ecksol: and a party for the burning down, I think :-)
[10:06] ThePrincess Parisi: lol
[10:06] You: lol, at least a new inauguration party
[10:06] Rose Springvale: sanantha and i both are wroking on lower prim stools for it
[10:06] Jon Seattle: cool :)
[10:06] You: but i must say that i was actyally surprised by the catalogue of textures
[10:06] Rose Springvale: hers is pretty and down to 8 prims, mine needs work but has only 2
[10:06] Satir DeCuir: oh rose did a wonderful 2 prim stool !
[10:06] You: i was expecting HUGE textures
[10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: at how bad they are, Moon? :)
[10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ah!
[10:07] Cindy Ecksol: I have a 1-prim stool....but needs work to be pretty :-)
[10:07] You: and actually, they're not many, and they're not very big
[10:07] Ludo Merit: Why not one prim?
[10:07] Rose Springvale: its a race!
[10:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: the less the better ;)
[10:07] Satir DeCuir: half prim stool
[10:07] You: yes
[10:07] Rose Springvale: i added a prim for prettiness... and our goal is to be better than the 12 prims ones we have ther now
[10:07] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol Satir — yes!
[10:07] Rose Springvale: satir!
[10:07] Ludo Merit: I have stools with poses, one prim torus.
[10:07] Satir DeCuir: smie
[10:07] Satir DeCuir: smile
[10:07] You: the current structure takes 460 prims out of the NFS prim pool reserve
[10:07] Jon Seattle: now we just need a particle only stool -- 0 prims :D
[10:08] Rose Springvale: cindy??
[10:08] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:08] Satir DeCuir: wow yes
[10:08] Rose Springvale: she is the master of that!
[10:08] You: so the less prims the better .)
[10:08] Satir DeCuir: rez 1 prim with particle script, we'll have 1000 stools particles
[10:08] You: ok guys
[10:08] You: tabled?
[10:08] Rose Springvale: can we sit on them though?
[10:08] ThePrincess Parisi: i wanna see ludos
[10:08] Jon Seattle: Rose, that the problem :D
[10:08] Rose Springvale: "stooled"
[10:08] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:09] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:09] Cindy Ecksol: ah, now THERE is a thought....but I can only make one particle stay in place at a time, and of course you can't sit on them :-)
[10:09] Cindy Ecksol: for a real unique application of the technique, though, check out Naftali's barmaid, Vesella :-)
[10:09] You: ok guys
[10:09] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oh? hmm
[10:09] You: now for reports from the WGs
[10:09] You: 7. Building Approval Committee WG - Report
[10:10] You: nothing to report yet
[10:10] You: as we need to do the elections for new Faculty
[10:10] You: (we had no quorum last week)
[10:10] You: and approve new charter
[10:10] You: oh, i frogot, sorry
[10:10] You: turning back
[10:11] You: to point 2
[10:11] You: Arria?
[10:11] Arria Perreault: yes
[10:11] You: 2. CDS Information centre - submitted by Arria or Alex
[10:11] Arria Perreault: I have the notecard with the spec
[10:11] You: next week Alex told us he would give us the specs for the info centre
[10:11] Arria Perreault: a set of textures (textures for each sim) a CDS flag (included a good jpg version) gadgets (like barrels, typical objects of CDS) displays to offer objects or to present informations
[10:11] Cindy Ecksol: ah, excellent!
[10:12] Arria Perreault: a set a of typical textures for each sim would be useful when we have to build a booth
[10:12] Cindy Ecksol: I made kiosks for the calendar, but would be nice if we had a standard "look" -- I just put up metanomics posters without any kiosk...
[10:12] You: ok ok wait
[10:12] Arria Perreault: or adapt a booth or a display
[10:12] You: so you want the info centre to have these functions:
[10:12] Gwyneth Llewelyn: There is a "NFS display"...
[10:12] You: it gives objects
[10:12] Arria Perreault: the builders should give us some textures
[10:13] You: wait
[10:13] Arria Perreault: CDS flag: this is an issue
[10:13] Rose Springvale: i have one
[10:13] Rose Springvale: gwyn gave me
[10:13] Rose Springvale: here
[10:13] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[10:13] Arria Perreault: is it a good version?
[10:13] You: i am not sure about our IP on the current CDS flag
[10:13] Rose Springvale: yes very
[10:13] You: but guys wait a second
[10:13] Arria Perreault: the texture that I have is not good
[10:13] You: we're talking objects here
[10:14] You: and what we need to know
[10:14] Arria Perreault: we need also a jpg version for the portal
[10:14] Rose Springvale: i thought we were building the center
[10:14] You: is what do you want the info centre MUST do
[10:14] You: we know now
[10:14] You: it must give objects
[10:14] Arria Perreault: ty for textures. I will see them
[10:14] You: it must also display info
[10:14] Rose Springvale: i was able to import that to photoshop arria, worked well
[10:14] You: but how is that info displayed?
[10:14] Arria Perreault: yes, but sometimes we need the elements to build objects
[10:15] Arria Perreault: for example, when we are invited to a fair, we have to build something special
[10:15] You: no, i propose that you think the other way around in this case
[10:15] Arria Perreault: and we need textures
[10:15] Moon Adamant waits
[10:15] Arria Perreault: we have to adapt us sometimes
[10:15] Rose Springvale: i thought building was the guilds job
[10:15] You: yes
[10:15] You: it is
[10:16] You: but let us think a moment on it
[10:16] Arria Perreault: it is.
[10:16] You: we need to know what the centre must do
[10:16] You: so we can make a coherent object
[10:16] Rose Springvale: i was hopeful that it would clean up the forum etc from all the signs
[10:16] You: that doesn't need to nbe constantly added to
[10:16] Cindy Ecksol nods vigourously
[10:16] Arria Perreault: but I think that the PIO and the Chancellor should have a set of textures in order to make something quicjly
[10:17] You: so, first we think how it should work
[10:17] Rose Springvale: well, i always just made myself if there was something that quick
[10:17] You: then we plan to make sure it works as we want it to work
[10:17] Arria Perreault: yes, it is so. I agree with Rose
[10:17] Cindy Ecksol: yes, and I have been doing the same -- but moon is right: we need something mor ecoherent
[10:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn certainly agrees... it's about *branding*
[10:18] Arria Perreault: we need two kinds of things
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: consistent image, that sort of thing
[10:18] Cindy Ecksol: would be very nice to have an "info center" that could accomodate posters, etc. without littering the way we have been
[10:18] Rose Springvale: yes, we've been aksing or something for as long as i've been in cds
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes!
[10:18] You: yes, but that can be done
[10:18] Rose Springvale: including a spot for the "outside of cds" things
[10:18] Arria Perreault: 1. objects "CDS made" with our identity
[10:18] You: but for instance
[10:18] ThePrincess Parisi: yes arria!
[10:18] Arria Perreault: 2. set of textures to build quickly objects
[10:18] You: arria
[10:19] ThePrincess Parisi: commerce commission had that idea too arria!
[10:19] You: those are things that are INSIDE the centre
[10:19] You: but are NOT the centre
[10:19] You: for instance
[10:19] Arria Perreault: everybody has this idea
[10:19] Cindy Ecksol has a thought about Anzere -- consider her hand raised on that when we're about finished with this phase of the discussion
[10:19] ThePrincess Parisi listens
[10:19] You: you will want that the centre has a link to the portal, supposedly, right?
[10:19] Arria Perreault: we have to implement it
[10:19] Arria Perreault: it would be good
[10:19] You: that is the specs we need
[10:19] Arria Perreault: having official displays
[10:20] Rose Springvale: lol we authorized this a year ago.. as a "signaletic" i think you called it lol
[10:20] You: meaning
[10:20] Arria Perreault: what are spec, Moon?
[10:20] You: you must think what the centre must DO
[10:20] You: not what it has
[10:20] ThePrincess Parisi: form follows function
[10:20] Rose Springvale: for example, display photos?
[10:20] You: specifications
[10:20] Rose Springvale: give notecards?
[10:20] Rose Springvale: hand out beer?
[10:20] You: vbut Rose
[10:20] You: for instance
[10:20] You: let me take your example
[10:21] Rose Springvale: okay :)
[10:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: A step by step description of what the item should do, what happens when you click on it, how it is configured, etc
[10:21] You: you want the centre to display photos of the sims
[10:21] Arria Perreault: what do you need: a plan, a drawing?
[10:21] You: should it be a slideshow?
[10:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: what is interactive, what is automatic... etc
[10:21] You: should it be video?
[10:21] Rose Springvale: yes, maybe we should brainstorm it here?
[10:21] Arria Perreault: wait
[10:21] You: should it be an url, that links to flicker, for instancem and shows stuff randomly?
[10:21] Arria Perreault: we are talking about easy thing that made the PIO everyday life
[10:22] ThePrincess Parisi: huh
[10:22] Arria Perreault: we need a serie of display with CDS identity and a CDS logo
[10:22] Cindy Ecksol: Moon, I would say "all of the above" and am thinking that a "vendor" system of some sort might be the perfect vehicle: a lot of posters and stuff could be loadede into a vendor and displayed automagically on all of them
[10:22] Arria Perreault: but adapted to each sim
[10:22] Rose Springvale: lets do a threat on this in the forum, i don't think thy are ready
[10:22] You: no, i propose other thing
[10:22] You: that a workgroup be created right away
[10:23] Arria Perreault: the problem of vendor is that people may activate it
[10:23] Rose Springvale: ah, yes!
[10:23] You: and helps with consulting
[10:23] Cindy Ecksol: why is that a problem, arria?
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (it can be set so that only a limited number of people are able to change/configure it)
[10:23] Cindy Ecksol: exactly....
[10:23] Arria Perreault: some information can stay hidden
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So it's not exactly a "problem" — it's specifications :)
[10:23] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:23] You: exactly
[10:24] You: thus i move that a WG be created
[10:24] Rose Springvale wonders why we would have an info center with hidden info
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: can I second that?
[10:24] Pip Torok: hallo everyone
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: and volunteer?
[10:24] Rose Springvale: seconds motion
[10:24] Arria Perreault: if we make a wg, I will nothing until the end of my term
[10:24] ThePrincess Parisi: pip hello!
[10:24] You: to discuss specs with the Chancellor and PIO, and define the Infor Centre Project
[10:24] Arria Perreault: I propose a contest
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: Arria, if you like I will volunteer to lead the WG...
[10:24] Rose Springvale: hi pip!
[10:24] You: hi Pip
[10:24] Arria Perreault: I wont any workgroup
[10:24] Rose Springvale: we have a motion on the floor that has been seconded ahem
[10:25] Arria Perreault: sorry
[10:25] You: Pip, meeting is transcripted, Touch the blue box for agenda please
[10:25] Rose Springvale: i don't like contests for things this vital
[10:25] Pip Torok: hi moon
[10:25] Rose Springvale: we need input and collaboration
[10:25] Rose Springvale: not competition
[10:25] You: and Rose will update you :)
[10:25] Rose Springvale: lol yes, hang on pip
[10:25] You: so i will give 2 minutes for Rose to update Pip
[10:25] Arria Perreault: I would like to be pragmatic
[10:25] ThePrincess Parisi: i think a contest is a good idea arria
[10:25] You: and then we will vote
[10:25] Arria Perreault: a wg is not pragmatic
[10:26] Cindy Ecksol: depends on how it runs, Arria.
[10:26] Cindy Ecksol: how about if the product of the workgroup is a prototype rather than a document?
[10:26] Arria Perreault: we need basic things
[10:26] You: no Arria
[10:26] Arria Perreault: we are able to build them, Alex and I
[10:26] Cindy Ecksol: let's do "concurrent development process" and see what we come up with
[10:26] You: you have the basic things
[10:26] Arria Perreault: we do it all the time
[10:26] You: what you need is something that is coherent
[10:26] Arria Perreault: we need a set of texture from Colonia: wall, tiles
[10:27] Arria Perreault: from NFS
[10:27] Arria Perreault: from AM
[10:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods* @ Arria
[10:27] You: Arria, those thing even don't have IP issues solved yet
[10:27] Arria Perreault: I am happy that today I got the CDS flag
[10:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe :)
[10:27] You: anyway
[10:27] You: attention please
[10:27] Arria Perreault: no sorry
[10:27] You: two minutes have passed
[10:28] Arria Perreault: put it in Creative Commons and we can use them
[10:28] Cindy Ecksol: the textures part is easy -- we should build something that can be textured any way that is appropriate for the place it is placed.
[10:28] You: and we have a motion to be voted
[10:28] Rose Springvale: done
[10:28] Cindy Ecksol: what is difficult is the FUNCTIONAL design
[10:28] You: attention please....
[10:28] You: Motion is
[10:28] Arria Perreault: we are working on corporate design for the portal
[10:28] Arria Perreault: no need to do it twice
[10:29] Rose Springvale: well, we need to be able to access information IN world.. not everyone wants to go to portals and forums, particularly visitors
[10:29] You: All agreeing that a WG be created specifically for the conculting, definition of specifications, and production of the CDS Info Centre, in collaboration with the Chancellor and PIO, say Aye
[10:29] Cindy Ecksol: exactly. this is a different set of functionality. one "function" will probably be a link to the portal
[10:29] You: please vote
[10:29] Arria Perreault: yes, but we will have graphical element
[10:30] Rose Springvale: aye
[10:30] Arria Perreault: nay
[10:30] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[10:30] Brian Livingston: aye
[10:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: This will not include graphical design specs, then?... just functional description
[10:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ?
[10:30] You: Satir, Ludo, Princess, Gwyneth?
[10:31] Rose Springvale: princess left i think
[10:31] Cindy Ecksol: yes, I think functional is right for now -- as arria says, graphics is already under development
[10:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn will vote after my question is clarified :)
[10:31] You: Gwyn, i said in collaboration with PIO and Chancellor
[10:31] You: so of course if they have graphical elements ready, they will be integrated
[10:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, "aye" from me then.
[10:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: thanks.
[10:31] Arria Perreault: I am just asking for easy things like textures
[10:32] Arria Perreault: I will get a wg
[10:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: That might be a separate motion?
[10:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ie. a "texture & graphical design workgroup"?
[10:32] You: Satir and Ludo, your votes please
[10:32] Ludo Merit: abstain, don't understand issue well enough
[10:32] Satir DeCuir: sorry was afk
[10:33] Rose Springvale: still waiting for votes on the workgroup for info center motion
[10:33] Satir DeCuir: aye
[10:33] You: Princess wb
[10:34] You: your vote please?
[10:34] You: Motion is:
[10:34] You: All agreeing that a WG be created specifically for the conculting, definition of specifications, and production of the CDS Info Centre, in collaboration with the Chancellor and PIO, say Aye
[10:34] You: cnsulting*
[10:34] You: consulting*
[10:34] You: and i need Pip's vote too
[10:34] ThePrincess Parisi: just a sec
[10:35] ThePrincess Parisi: yes
[10:35] Arria Perreault: I am sorry to say that you did not understand what I was asking. You get build info centers, if you wont. I just need elements to build objects to present CDS in fair, events or special occasions.
[10:35] Rose Springvale: 9 people here, 6 aye, 1 nay, 1 abstention pip not voted
[10:35] You: Arria, let the motion be voted
[10:35] Arria Perreault: I did not talk about info center
[10:35] Rose Springvale: oh, not you either moon
[10:35] You: may i vote then, has everyone voted?
[10:35] Rose Springvale: 10 ppl ..sorry :)
[10:35] Pip Torok: not me
[10:36] Rose Springvale: time to vote pip
[10:36] You: Pip, then please vote
[10:36] Pip Torok: aye
[10:36] You: because as chair i must be the last person to vote
[10:36] You: and i vote aye as well
[10:36] Rose Springvale: 8 aye, 1 nay, 1 abstain
[10:36] You: passed
[10:36] You: i volunteer as chair of this WG
[10:37] You: Arria, to return to your point
[10:37] Rose Springvale: i would like to participate as well
[10:37] Cindy Ecksol: moon, I would love to work with you on this --
[10:37] You: what we were asked from Alex
[10:37] You: ok, guys, thanks :))
[10:37] Cindy Ecksol thinks "Finally something I know how to do!"
[10:37] You: was that we would study an object which is an info centre to be place at each of our sims... or even elsewhere
[10:37] You: this info centre can do a lot of stuff
[10:38] You: it can give objects, landmarks, textures,
[10:38] You: it can display info
[10:38] You: it can display the calendar
[10:38] Arria Perreault: We have to build things for fairs, for events on demand
[10:38] You: it can display video, pics from the sims, general information
[10:38] Arria Perreault: and we need a set of texture
[10:38] Rose Springvale: what kind of things need that rush? i never had that issue
[10:38] You: and this is what we were asked
[10:38] Arria Perreault: you can build a huge info center
[10:38] You: but if you have thios coherent object
[10:38] Arria Perreault: it doesn't solve my problem
[10:39] You: no, think on ity as a kiosk
[10:39] You: it does
[10:39] Cindy Ecksol: no, not huge! small -- replicatable easily.
[10:39] Cindy Ecksol: just a kiosk
[10:39] Arria Perreault: not completely
[10:39] You: because you stick it at SL5B and you're done
[10:39] Cindy Ecksol: low-prim...etc.
[10:39] Rose Springvale: secretary must take a moment for human needs. brb
[10:39] You: or are half done
[10:39] Arria Perreault: when I went to this fair to present CDS, I had booth already made
[10:39] You: then you complete the custom needs you need for that specific event
[10:39] Arria Perreault: I had to adapt it
[10:40] Cindy Ecksol: task force should be able to bring back a list of specs and maybe a prototype.
[10:40] You: agree with Cindy
[10:40] Arria Perreault: put CDS logo
[10:40] Cindy Ecksol: if you need to adapt for a particular purpose, arria, that will be one of the specs
[10:40] Pip Torok: has anyone asked about the primary purpose of the info ctr 1) usful info for newcomers 2) reminders for residents 3) something else?
[10:40] Arria Perreault: it is on demand
[10:40] You: Arria, it can even have space for people to hand posters
[10:40] You: hang posters
[10:40] Arria Perreault: I need the basic elements only
[10:40] Cindy Ecksol: pip, this is what we will discuss at the task force
[10:40] Pip Torok: ok
[10:40] Arria Perreault: give me a set of textures from each sim, and I will be happy
[10:40] You: instead of cluttering them around the platz and forum
[10:41] You: no, what you need is a plan
[10:41] Cindy Ecksol: moon, IS there a set of textures for each sim?
[10:41] You: no
[10:41] Arria Perreault: no, textures
[10:41] Cindy Ecksol: seems like arria needs this now.,...
[10:41] You: there are textures only for CN
[10:41] Cindy Ecksol: the info center is still "wish list"
[10:41] Pip Torok: ah
[10:41] You: but they aren't IP licensed
[10:41] Cindy Ecksol: ah, I see...
[10:41] You: and in any case
[10:42] You: i only have mine, which i CAN share with Arria
[10:42] Arria Perreault: with PIO
[10:42] Arria Perreault: sorry, in 3 months the next PIO will have the same problem
[10:42] You: and i am a depositary of Mizou's, untill IP licenses are solved
[10:42] You: i am sorry, but actually with Content Archivist
[10:43] You: but more people worked at Colonia Nova
[10:43] You: Tony, Jon, Brian, Sudane
[10:43] Arria Perreault: when I was in this fair, my idea was to add a wall symbolizing each sim
[10:43] You: and their IPs aren't solved
[10:43] Arria Perreault: I was not able to do it
[10:43] You: as for NFS
[10:43] You: the situation is even more complex
[10:44] You: as the bierhaus example shows
[10:44] Arria Perreault: I propose that we propose them to share their textures under CC
[10:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (or the exterior walls, which are "patched")
[10:44] Cindy Ecksol thinks "wow!"
[10:44] Satir DeCuir: why is there a need to have a common texture folder or sme sort of?
[10:45] Rose Springvale: Arria, you have a great sign board with photos of the sims
[10:45] Arria Perreault: to build new elements to promote CDS in events outside CDS
[10:45] You: Arria, for the record
[10:45] Rose Springvale: that seems to be as representative as we get
[10:45] You: i am not sharing my textures under CC, i will use the approved IP license form
[10:45] You: which we discussed and discussed
[10:46] Cindy Ecksol: good solution -- either one works.
[10:46] Cindy Ecksol: just needs to get done, sounds like.
[10:46] Arria Perreault: is the flag of CDS in public domain ?
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: lol
[10:46] You: Arria, we do NOT know
[10:46] You: that flag was made by Dianne
[10:46] Arria Perreault: it must be
[10:46] You: who is unreachable
[10:46] Rose Springvale: we have treated it as such
[10:46] You: and so, can't say if she releases the IP to us or not
[10:46] Rose Springvale: on the theory that it is easier to ask forgivness...
[10:47] Rose Springvale: or i have anyway lol
[10:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[10:47] Arria Perreault: I propse that in the future, we solve the IP before to build
[10:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well, I've used Dianne's logo often... on the site, etc
[10:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and yes, Arria :P weve been trying to do that for two years now
[10:47] You: Arria
[10:47] Arria Perreault: and a set of textures may be available for CDS authoroties for promoting use
[10:47] Satir DeCuir: well I think if someone make a logo to a 3rd party, the ips are of this 3rd party
[10:48] You: no Satir
[10:48] You: you always need an IP release
[10:48] Rose Springvale: May i ask what we are discussing?
[10:48] You: guys, trust me... this is what i DO for a living
[10:48] Satir DeCuir: and nothing was discussed when she did?
[10:48] Gwyneth Llewelyn: no, we never came to that point... people just "did things
[10:48] Satir DeCuir: I know, but I didnt know she just did it and nothing was discussed.. lol
[10:48] Rose Springvale: if the PIO needs textures for a fair, she can take photos of the sims.. etc. Not sure why this is an issue
[10:48] You: yes
[10:48] Satir DeCuir: oh my
[10:48] You: and that's why
[10:49] You: the 'just doing things' must end
[10:49] You: because problems accumulate
[10:49] You: see what i mean?
[10:49] Arria Perreault: I would like to build small architectural elements with original textures
[10:49] You: atm, we have an official flag
[10:49] Satir DeCuir: imagine if coca-cola logo was made by the doorman of the build there who was bored... lol
[10:49] You: which we do not know if it is OURS
[10:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn: It's like the exterior walls... we can use them, or not. If we don't wish to use them, we'll have to return them. But we can't expect the textures, prims, etc. to be transferred to anyone in the CDS (same with the Kirche actually)
[10:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: or the rathaus
[10:50] Cindy Ecksol: *sigh*
[10:50] Cindy Ecksol: sounds like we may have to rebuild everything in NFS eventually.
[10:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[10:51] You: that's what will happen to the Bierhaus
[10:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well, a *few* things are from brian, Moon, Sudane...
[10:51] Cindy Ecksol: assuming that we want to be completely within the IP rules and have everything maintainable
[10:51] Satir DeCuir: but there are 100000000 different types of stones...to use in eventual new walls... is it that important to be exactly the same walls?
[10:51] You: but that's the objective yes
[10:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Satir: no
[10:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: it just means: rebuilding.
[10:51] Rose Springvale: yep
[10:51] Rose Springvale: which means volunteers
[10:51] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:51] You: i volunteer *sighs*
[10:51] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: It's not "important"... hardly any building/structure in NFS is the "original" one. The Biergarten was one of the very few exceptions. Even the Kirche was tweaked over the years
[10:52] You: but please understand one thing
[10:52] Satir DeCuir: and why we would need to rebuild the walls for exemple?
[10:52] Cindy Ecksol thinks it would a good think to work on copying something that exists as a way of getting building experience for many
[10:52] You: these issues pile up
[10:52] You: atm, we have 3 sims to deal with IPs of
[10:52] Rose Springvale: but even that has IP issues Cindy
[10:52] You: in another month or so, we'll have 4 sims
[10:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Satir, because we don't own the IP on the walls. So if we wish to open a gate, add a tower...
[10:52] Rose Springvale: and a new one on the way
[10:53] You: i think we don't even have perms on walls
[10:53] Arria Perreault: ok. for the next sim, make a contrat with volunteers:
[10:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: We shouldn't have,. Moon. Dianne was quite clear.
[10:53] Arria Perreault: they give automatically their work to CDS
[10:53] You: surely, and in her right
[10:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (yes, Moon)
[10:53] Rose Springvale: arria.. we have a contract
[10:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Arria — we keep saying that since NFS was rebuilt
[10:53] You: yes Arria, what Rose is saying
[10:54] You: Rose, please explain
[10:54] Arria Perreault: no one works before to sign
[10:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and we *do* have lots of IP release forms on the forums...
[10:54] You: since you're the Ip expert
[10:54] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn smiles at Rose :)
[10:54] Rose Springvale: not the expert
[10:54] Rose Springvale: but we did a lot of work last year
[10:54] Rose Springvale: developing a contract
[10:54] Rose Springvale: that the Guild adopted
[10:54] Rose Springvale: and has been getting signed diligently
[10:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes, exactly!
[10:54] You: and that the CDS adopted too
[10:54] Rose Springvale: for AM i think it was completed yes?
[10:54] You: no
[10:54] Rose Springvale: all builders there signed? no?
[10:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aww
[10:55] You: because we have the issue of notarizing
[10:55] Rose Springvale: that was the plan.
[10:55] Rose Springvale: well
[10:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn *slaps her forehead*
[10:55] Rose Springvale: we are working on that issue
[10:55] You: yes, i know
[10:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: btw Rose, who is working on it?...
[10:55] You: the new charter
[10:55] Arria Perreault: I did not, but I give the IP rights on the bridge that I have made to CDS
[10:55] You: will preview an admin/agent department of the board
[10:55] You: to deal with these matters
[10:56] You: yes Arria, we know that you do
[10:56] You: but we want to have that organized
[10:56] Rose Springvale: and when WE are no longer here
[10:56] Rose Springvale: the contract will survive
[10:56] Rose Springvale: and that's why we need it "registered" someplace in world
[10:56] Arria Perreault: where is this contract?
[10:57] You: let me look for it in the forums...
[10:57] Rose Springvale: it was adopted some time ago.. i think there is a copy in the forum
[10:57] Rose Springvale: in the New Guild threads?
[10:57] Brian Livingston has to run but will cehck up o nthe rest of the meetign in the forums :)
[10:57] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1504
[10:57] Rose Springvale: thanks brian :)
[10:57] Rose Springvale: nice to see you
[10:58] You: thanks Brian, se eyou soon :)
[10:58] You: though attention
[10:58] Arria Perreault: Bye Brian
[10:58] You: as this was voted in RA
[10:58] You: and with teh adittion of the content archivist
[10:58] You: i am not sure if teh RA changed anything on it
[10:59] Arria Perreault: the principle is: copy this in an note card, fill the signature and give it to Content archivist?
[10:59] You: not really
[10:59] You: it's a contract signed by you and chancellor
[10:59] Arria Perreault: yes
[10:59] You: you get paid, you hand a copy of the thing to the content archivist
[10:59] Rose Springvale: but also archive copies of the build right?
[11:00] Arria Perreault: paid?
[11:00] You: surely
[11:00] Rose Springvale: 1 L :)
[11:00] You: no, everyone is free to demand a price for their work
[11:00] You: we are not slaves
[11:00] Rose Springvale: yes, i was kidding :(
[11:00] You: if you choose to ask 1L, make a donation, great
[11:00] Rose Springvale: that's why there is a blank in the contract
[11:00] Arria Perreault: how much for a bridge?
[11:00] You: you decide lol
[11:01] Cindy Ecksol: 1L of course :-)
[11:01] You: but now really
[11:01] You: one of the functions of the future Agent department
[11:01] You: is also to help you on that
[11:01] Satir DeCuir: I may be wrong, I probably missed too many meetings, but I get the feeling too many things are on the "air" here...like, it seems anyone can come, build something, and eventually ask $ for it and eventually get paid or eventually get pissed lol
[11:01] You: to agent you
[11:01] You: Satir
[11:01] You: you must understand one thing
[11:02] You: the CDS exists for almost 4 years now
[11:02] You: the Guild, for one year
[11:02] You: we have been trying to correct these things
[11:02] You: but it's a TON of work
[11:02] You: and then... we get bogs
[11:02] Rose Springvale: it takes a lot of time.. and then what we do goes to the RA
[11:02] You: liek for instance,
[11:02] You: the makerr of teh walls of NFS leaves SL
[11:03] You: no copies left, no IP license, nothing
[11:03] You: what do we do?
[11:03] You: CDS flag: same
[11:03] Patroklus Murakami: hi everyone :) don't mind me
[11:03] You: hey Pat
[11:03] Cindy Ecksol waves at pat
[11:03] You: blue box for agenda
[11:03] Arria Perreault: Hi Pat
[11:04] Rose Springvale: hi pat
[11:04] You: recall these meetings are recorded
[11:04] You: and Rose will update you
[11:04] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:04] Arria Perreault: another question about this contract
[11:04] Patroklus Murakami: ty :)
[11:04] You: yes
[11:04] Moon Adamant listens
[11:04] Arria Perreault: I don't see where I can say what I have build and that I will transmit to CDS
[11:05] You: you add an annex with the description
[11:05] You: this is just a template
[11:05] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:05] Arria Perreault: ty
[11:05] You: ok guys
[11:05] You: are we cleared on this point?
[11:06] You: can i resume agenda
[11:06] You: ?
[11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[11:06] You: i will take silence as yes... .)
[11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: "yes" from me of course.
[11:06] You: ok
[11:06] You: point 8
[11:06] You: 8. Masterplan WG - Report
[11:07] You: as you know, today's masterplan WG didn't happen
[11:07] You: so... no report
[11:07] You: but nevertheless
[11:07] You: i encourage everyone to attend the meetings of this WG
[11:08] You: because Symo really teaches you how to "think" territorial planning
[11:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn waves at Bjerkel and says hi
[11:08] You: hello Bjerkel :)
[11:08] Bjerkel Eerie: hi all
[11:08] You: touch blue box for agenda
[11:08] You: meeting will be logged as usual
[11:09] You: Rose will update you :)
[11:09] Bjerkel Eerie: no need
[11:09] You: ok, next point
[11:09] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:09] You: 9. Governmental Spaces Re-organization WG - Report
[11:09] Rose Springvale: okay, i'm just copying chat again then
[11:09] You: This is a WG co-chaired by Brian and Princess
[11:10] You: Princess, anything to report?
[11:10] You: oh, she's left?
[11:10] You: sorry guys, i have a ton of windows open... is Princess here?
[11:11] Cindy Ecksol: no, she left
[11:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I don't see her, Moon.
[11:11] You: ok
[11:11] Pip Torok: not here
[11:11] You: tabled untill she returns
[11:11] You: 10. Roman Textures WG - Report
[11:11] You: Arria, you are chairing this wg
[11:11] You: which was created last week
[11:12] You: so i am not expecting a HUGE report
[11:12] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:12] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:12] You: but nevertheless, if you have anything to tell us, you have the table :)
[11:12] Arria Perreault: I am working on mosaic now
[11:12] Arria Perreault: nothing else
[11:12] You: ok
[11:13] You: i would like to ask
[11:13] Arria Perreault: I would like to provide a set of textures that can used by others
[11:13] You: everyone who has access to examples or roman art or builds
[11:13] Pip Torok: afk
[11:14] You: which can be easily photographed... or contacts with museums, etc
[11:14] You: to help Arria on this WG
[11:14] Arria Perreault: yes. Please IM me
[11:14] Arria Perreault: can can use Flickr to share pictures
[11:15] Naftali Torok: hallo all
[11:15] Naftali Torok: smiles
[11:15] You: Arria, i will try to ask one of my clients - King's College, Lodon
[11:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hello, Naftali! :)
[11:15] Pip Torok: hi naf
[11:15] Rose Springvale: hi naf!
[11:16] Naftali Torok: just logged on....
[11:16] You: if they can think on a way to work this
[11:16] Patroklus Murakami: hi ludo, naftali :)
[11:16] Rose Springvale: we are almost through the agenda, and too much for a notecard now, so if you all don't mind waiting for the transcript, it will be posted today :)
[11:16] You: hi Naftali
[11:16] Ludo Merit: I seem to be frozen, reloggoing.
[11:16] You: touch blue box for agenda
[11:16] Naftali Torok: great everybody to see again ..........
[11:16] Naftali Torok: ok
[11:16] You: don't forget meeting is transcripted
[11:16] Naftali Torok: thanks moon
[11:17] You: and yes, we are almost finishing
[11:17] You: 11. 4th sim WG - Report
[11:17] You: as you know
[11:17] You: i posted an useful grid to help you guys do layoiuts for the sim
[11:17] You: at hmmm one sec
[11:18] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1797
[11:18] You: in any case
[11:18] You: this WG will ghold a meeting here at noon
[11:18] You: and we can discuss that further then
[11:18] You: so... tabled
[11:18] You: now
[11:19] You: i would like to ask if any other business?
[11:19] Rose Springvale: and we have 50 minuts to color in the boxes...
[11:19] Rose Springvale: 40
[11:19] You: ahahaha
[11:19] Arria Perreault: Moon, I am not that wg on textures have members
[11:19] You: no, i have a model of the sims which i think will help
[11:19] You: pardon Arria?
[11:19] Arria Perreault: I have read the thread
[11:20] You: link?
[11:20] Arria Perreault: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1802
[11:20] Arria Perreault: last meeting
[11:20] You: one sec
[11:21] Rose Springvale: that is the transcript from last weeks'meeting
[11:21] Arria Perreault: we were talking only about the 4th sim wg
[11:21] You: this is last meeting transcript
[11:21] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:21] You: sorry, i am missing your point
[11:22] Arria Perreault: Roman Textures WG - Report: who are the members?
[11:22] You: hmmm, i dunno
[11:22] You: volunteers?!
[11:22] Arria Perreault: it seems to be a subgroup of WG 4th sim
[11:22] Arria Perreault: anyway I am working on this problematic with Ulysse
[11:22] You: i can be a part of it, but i don't have any important roman structure nearby
[11:23] You: just a rural villa several kms north of my house
[11:23] You: which is covered most years
[11:23] Cindy Ecksol thinks she may have some usable photos of roman structures in northern England...
[11:23] You: what i can do is try to get you information from other sources
[11:23] You: so count me in
[11:23] Arria Perreault: for geometric mosaics, I am drawing them
[11:24] You: Arria, check something called Filter Fourge
[11:24] You: it will help you a LOT
[11:24] Arria Perreault: no direct use of photography
[11:24] You: yes, but you can for instance get a fresco
[11:24] You: and mosaic it using filter fourge
[11:25] You: i can help on that as well
[11:25] Arria Perreault: does it work with gimp?
[11:25] You: my issue is as usual *public domain* photos
[11:25] You: hmmm, dunno
[11:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: "Filter Forge is just a Photoshop plugin, a pack of filters that generate textures, create visual effects, enhance photos, process images. " SO I guess that the answer is "no",
[11:26] You: but
[11:26] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:26] You: Gwyn
[11:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: unless you have a way to run PS plugins under Gimp.
[11:26] You: i can use Filter Fourge out of photoshop
[11:26] You: in fact, i do that
[11:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hmm
[11:26] You: it runs on its own
[11:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: then it might work...
[11:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn *shrugs*
[11:26] You: i can cakll it directly from pshop
[11:27] You: but generally i run it on its own
[11:27] Arria Perreault: I will see
[11:27] You: Arria, do chek it up, let nme get you the link
[11:27] Arria Perreault: I have
[11:27] You: http://www.filterforge.com/
[11:27] Rose Springvale fidgets .. two and a half hours....
[11:27] You: yes
[11:28] You: iff no any other business
[11:28] You: i move to adjourn
[11:28] Cindy Ecksol: second!
[11:28] Rose Springvale: thanks moon, another marathon agenda covered!
[11:28] You: adjourned

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”