Debate: Friday, July 14th 7pm SLT

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Debate: Friday, July 14th 7pm SLT

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

Political Debate at Trotsky's
Friday, July 14, 2006, 7:00PM - 8:00PM

This is the only scheduled debate between the two parties the Citizen's Social Democratic Faction (CSDF)& the Democratic Pragmatist Union (DPU). The debate will be in an agreed upon format and shall be moderated.

Kazuhiko Shirakawa
Lurker
Lurker

Transcript?

Post by Kazuhiko Shirakawa »

[quote="Salzie Sachertorte":3mkrwugv]Political Debate at Trotsky's
Friday, July 14, 2006, 7:00PM - 8:00PM

This is the only scheduled debate between the two parties the Citizen's Social Democratic Faction (CSDF)& the Democratic Pragmatist Union (DPU). The debate will be in an agreed upon format and shall be moderated.[/quote:3mkrwugv]
Will there be a transcript posted afterwards?

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Transcripts.

Yes, a transcript will be posted.

[i:2yfduxxs]getting on soapbox [/i:2yfduxxs]

Not everyone can attend every event - it is just a fact that RL interferes with the fun which is SL. I encourage everyone to post transcripts of their meetings, discussions, whatever, so that everyone can see what transpired.

HOWEVER....

Make sure you get permission to do so from those attending - or conversely, ask if anyone objects to have their comments logged in a transcript.

[i:2yfduxxs]/soapbox [/i:2yfduxxs]

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Debate Transcript

[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: hello all :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: hi! :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOliveGreen:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Jon Seattle[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hello Moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkGreen:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Pelanor Eldrich[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hi Moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hi moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Navy:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Redaktisto Noble[/b:ameyyf0t]: Do you always look busy in RL, Moon? I picture you carrying papers and walking briskly.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Indigo:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Skunken Gascoigne[/b:ameyyf0t]: My my, how the Neualtenburg/Neufriestadt project has changed.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][i:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte gave you DEBATE RULES.[/i:ameyyf0t][/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: although she probably doesn't have the wings.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Navy:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Redaktisto Noble[/b:ameyyf0t]: haha[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: lol, Redak... that isn't far from truth... :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: no, shame though... would come handy :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkRed:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Glo Gable[/b:ameyyf0t]: /ao off[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Any one want a notecard with the rules?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: sure![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Navy:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Redaktisto Noble[/b:ameyyf0t]: Right here, Salzie.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: Sure, I'll take one.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOrange:ameyyf0t][i:ameyyf0t]Al Poutine sniggers[/i:ameyyf0t][/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: thx[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Navy:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Redaktisto Noble[/b:ameyyf0t]: Most places have beer and peanut vendors, Nstadt has rule vendors. What does it mean?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Indigo:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Skunken Gascoigne[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hmmm...funny that there seems to be little historical information on the old Neualtenburg...[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hello :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hi Gwyn[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOliveGreen:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Jon Seattle[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hi Gwyn! :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: Oh?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Indigo:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Skunken Gascoigne[/b:ameyyf0t]: Hmmm...[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you for the rules, Salzie... hehe[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Everyone get them?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Indigo:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Skunken Gascoigne[/b:ameyyf0t]: I still have some old photos of the WIP on the old Neualtenburg Senate Building, back in November '04...[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: I'm pretty sure we tried to gather all the info on old N'burg we could... saving that a lot of it has been purged from the LL forums and never saved.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOliveGreen:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Jon Seattle[/b:ameyyf0t]: Yes, thanks Salzie[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Indigo:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Skunken Gascoigne[/b:ameyyf0t]: Might these images be of some historical interest?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: yes! tyx![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Nevermind.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Are we ready?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Salzie. Do you have the RL coin?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: hmmm, more or less so[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOrange:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Al Poutine[/b:ameyyf0t]: I've no idea why I'm here so I'm ready as I'll ever be[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Yes I do - and a stopwatch, so watch it[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: lol[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][i:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn smiles while she can :)[/i:ameyyf0t][/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: yeah, hand 'em to someone and we can stick them on the website and/or wiki,[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Welcome Everyone.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Anyone objct to recording and posting this?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: no![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: np![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOliveGreen:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Jon Seattle[/b:ameyyf0t]: no objection[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: nay.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Teal:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Rubaiyat Shatner[/b:ameyyf0t]: no[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Blue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Alco Gerstort[/b:ameyyf0t]: works for me.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: surely not ;)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: televising even! :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: Wow Sudane :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOrange:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Al Poutine[/b:ameyyf0t]: Only if I can get the right's :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: I have a few comments before we begin.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: Do we have Video Linden here? ;)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: The factions have information available for you at NFS's website, the NFS Forums and at inworld dispensers. Their members are also available to chat with, so you shouldn't have any difficulties getting the information you need to vote.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Citiznes have been emailed a guide to voting in NFS, should you have any questions regarding that, or need it resent, contact me.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: The polls open tommorrow at noon, if you have any problems, contact the SC Dean, Gwyn, for help.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Please vote.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: On to the debate[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Audience - plese be quite[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: When I say candidate, I mean the leaders of the two active factions, here tonight to represent their factions.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: The candidates, in surname alphabetical order, are Moon Adamant, Citizen's Social Democratic Faction, and Claude Desmoulins, Democratic Pragmatist Union.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Okay coin toss[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Moon - you call it[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: hedsor tails?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: heads[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Heads it is - would you like to give or receive the first question?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: i can give the first question... and thanks Salzie :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: okay[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Our format is simple - Candidate Cross-Question Block with Rebuttal and Response. After 4 or 5 rounds of questions - depending on the time frame, each candidate will have 2 minutes to make a closing statement.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: my first question is about teh proposed Senate by DPU[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: what will be its governamental role?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: May I begin?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: yes[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The DPU imagines a fully bicameral legislative branch.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Although this would involve more persons serving than merely adding seats to the RA, it has distinct advantages.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: First, as we grow, the building of consensus will become a more complex process. A bicameral legislature will slow the legislative process and ensure many constiuencies have time to make their views heard.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Some already complain about the speed with which legislation moves.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Also, placing sim represenatatives in a separate chamber will make that election process separate from the platform driven elections for RA.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Thankk you claude[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Moon - Rebut[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: well, my rebuttal is about teh quorum problem[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: at this moment, we do have a lready a quorum roblem in RA[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: woul'you be doubling it... and stopping all legislative action then too?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: wouldn't*[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Thank you moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Cladue a resonse?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The DPU proposal triggers a Senate at five sims. By this point, the population will have grown so that the additional persons requireed will not be a strain.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Also the number of people required by our plan vs. the CSDF plan is a difference of on or two at most. hardly a significant one.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: *one[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you Claude[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: befoe we move on, let me ask the candidates if that was enough time?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: It goes by faster than you realize.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: or Should we incease each segmen by 30 seconds?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Sorry follks, this is the first time we've tried this[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Moon?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: hmm, ok, it can be - if Claude agrees[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Claude?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Either way is fine.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: I think so,[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Claude your turn to ask a question[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Considerthe following situation at a pointin the future when we are multiple sims.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Someone wishes to move a road in one of the many sims.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: To whom do they make that proposal and who makes that decision if the CSDF government reforms become reality?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Moon?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: The CSDF proposes that a clear Executive branch be installed, to replace the Guild[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: That Executive branch will hold all functions of territory managemnet - following the covenants defined by RA[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: in our model actually, that person will be able to address teh issue through a local sim resident's association[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: they will be able to campaign for tehir solution[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Claude?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: We're concerned that the civil service, hired by the cainet appointed buy the RA , isn't accountable to the citizens. Is the resident association a decision making body? If not, how is it a local decision?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: *cabinet[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Or will the decision be made by the bureaucracy?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: ok, the cabinet first of all is accountable to teh citizens, since it stems out of teh RA election[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: Cabinet will define clear strategies, there is no decision-making done at civil service level[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: and, last of all, every citizen can still propose a bill to the RA[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we want to give them theopportunity to associate in common interest causes[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you Moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: And now its Moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: turn to quizz Claude[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: i will ask now how does teh DPU plan to spread the current Guild powers between all teh structures it proposes[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: please :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Claude[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The DPU wishes to separate the Guild's current administrative function from it's artist collective role.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: We see it as a bottom up organization, growing from the local administrative needs of each sim.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: We wish the executive branch, whatever form it finally takes, to be independent from the legislative and separately accountable to the citizens.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The financial role of the Guild could be handled by this executive branch, it's not being subject to the RA making it able to act as a check onthe latter.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: *its[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: tahnk you Claude. Moon?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: well, th CSDF also agrees hat a clear executive be defined :=[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we wuld like to know to whom does this New Guild, be accountable to?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: would*[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The sim level administrators would be accountable to popularly elected covenant oversight boardas (P&Z) in each sim or directly elected.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: These local admins would have a role in selecting the national executive branch.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Which might itself bedirectly elected, or not.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you Claude[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Claude your question?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Continuing on this thread. Why is a joining of exeutiev and legislative branches as the CSDF proposes preferable to an independent executive branch?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: moon?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: well, the executive as we propose isn't joined to the legislative[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: our actual constitution, anyway, does tend to give excutive_like powers to teh RA - on a matter of tradition[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we do propose for clarity and transparence of executive processes that these be actually given to a well-defined structure, the Cabinet[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: ;)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: But since the cabinet in your system is chosen by the RA, why do they have any incentive to serve as a check on the RA?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Won't they be yes men and women for fear of losing their jobs?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: How does this allow executive independence?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: But Claude, the role of the Cabinet is not to act as acheck on the RA, but to implement policy and strategy defined by the RA[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: this executive will have the overseeing of teh executive powe[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: they are *not* an executive as in US government - thus the name Cabinet for clarity[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you Moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: And you're turn to ask Claude a question[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: Ok:)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: i would like to ask Claude about DPU's proposal for moving seats in RA[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: when there is a lck of quorum[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: doesn't this affect represntativity of teh citizens?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: We believe the citizen's vote for a faction should be honored.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: By allowing faction members to rerank, we assure that the platforms voted for by the citizens continue to be placed at the fore.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Since the non aligned citizen doesn't vote for a person, but a platform, as long as the factions the citizens voted for have the seats they earned, the people's will is being expressed.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: ok, but how you will deal with vacant seats?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: If a seat is vacant and the original faction list fromthe general election is exhausted, the faction whose seat it is has a special election and ranks those faction members not ranked in the general election.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: You may say that the people never voted for person x, but they never did. They voted for faction A's platform.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The people meaning the whole populace.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Thank you Claude[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Claue, one last question for Moon please.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Given the general nature of CSDF platform statements and the lack of any public transcripts of meetings where these are flushed out...[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: How do you intend to make the city a center ofdesign educatin for example, andhow are you going to pay for it?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The same coule be asked of raising our brand awareness. What spwcifically will you do ane where will the money come form[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: *from?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Okay, Moon[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: ok, fist of all the transcripts are there :) plus, we did hold a series of meetings to iscuss all our points[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: about your other question, this city has always supported cultural events and institutions[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: this is an extending of the N'stadt tradition with a well defined goal[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: funding isn't only money, it is also resources, and supoort from governmental structures[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: and of course, you can have both private and public sponsoring[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The transcripts are noted. Haven't had time to digest them. Looking at the design program, would the education providers be paid? and how will they be paid if citizens sign up and non-citizens (tuition paying) don't?[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: ok ,)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: the design school would have, first of all, its own economical plan[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we aim at that it becomes self-supporting[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we believe it is possible, by stablishing the reputation of n'stadt quality standards and brand[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: so governemnet provides encouragement, strategy and promotion[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Well, that concludes the questions and answer period[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Now I ask each candidate to give us a closing statement[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Moon asked the first question, so Claude can make the first statement[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: The choice in this election is a clear one, between central authority and local control, between the multitude and the neoghborhood. A vote for the DPU is a vote for power at the local level. A vote for the DPU is a vote in support of a legacy of[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: progress.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: Together we can move forward maintaining our sense of community and neighborhodd as we grow to the future.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Thank you Claude.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: thanks Salzie :=[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: the CSDF thinks that N'stadt i s going through a forming period.The future lies ahead of us[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we will expand, both territorially as in the scope of our political project[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we believe that we need a greater vision[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: we invite teh Civil Society to participate actively in the building of this larger Neufreistadt.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you both[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: And I'd like to thank trotskyi's for hostingthis event[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: And I urge everyone to VOTE![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][i:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato claps***[/i:ameyyf0t][/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: thank you very much Salzie, for organizing this debate, specially on so short a notice[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Thank you all for coing[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: *coming[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: Can we applaud now? :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: yay!!![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: and thanks to Trotsky's ![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: bravo! :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: Thanks guys. This was great :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Yees = this conludes this program![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkOliveGreen:ameyyf0t][i:ameyyf0t]Jon Seattle cheers![/i:ameyyf0t][/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: Who has brought the fireworks? :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: hehe[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Olive:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Gwyneth Llewelyn[/b:ameyyf0t]: ... well we have BEER![/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][i:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant laughs[/i:ameyyf0t][/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Green:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Claude Desmoulins[/b:ameyyf0t]: I hope someone took pictures :)[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateBlue:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Salzie Sachertorte[/b:ameyyf0t]: Could someone takes a copy of the transcript? Mine is full of IMS with time warnings[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=DarkSlateGray:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Aliasi Stonebender[/b:ameyyf0t]: yay, beer.[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Sienna:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Sudane Erato[/b:ameyyf0t]: hehe[/color:ameyyf0t]
[color=Black:ameyyf0t][b:ameyyf0t]Moon Adamant[/b:ameyyf0t]: hmmm, i can now, let me try[/color:ameyyf0t]

Return to “Events in CDS”