No RA meeting planned for June 21

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

No RA meeting planned for June 21

Post by Jamie Palisades »

The CDS RA is not required to meet weekly. Recently we have seen some drop off in member attendance. Our procedures ask members to send me any proposed new items of business for a Saturday meeting by the Thursday before; I have received none for this week. (See list below.)

Accordinghly I do not plan to call a meeting for this week. However, I am available and will attend at the usual time (09h00 SLT Saturday) if at least 3 other members notify us here on the forums that they will attend. 4 members is a quorum.

We will plan to meet again a week later, on the 28th, when the CDS Chancellor has agreed to provide his report.

Regards Jamie P
---
Notes on possible items of RA business exist, & known status:

a. Commerce Commission. Their amended proposed legislation may be ready for adoption, but needs to be presented by the commission chair.

b. Commission on Conflict of Interest, etc. They are due to report this week; not yet received.

c. Election Commission. Final report due but (I think) not received.

d. Patroklus Murakami's alternate elections reform legislation proposal. Proposed submitted, and wIll be before us at our next quorate meeting.

e. Any opportunity for the RA to set dates for the upcoming regular election will lapse, if we do not act, with the result that the default dates will apply. Tihs was noted in RA 2 weeks ago.

[end]

Last edited by Jamie Palisades on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: No RA meeting planned for June 21

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

I'm available tomorrow (June 21st) and will certainly be glad to attend, but I'm afraid that I'll be doing a workshop about SL on the 28th (so you might see me in-world, but I apologise in advance if I'll be mostly ignoring your IMs...) and won't be able to make the meeting then.

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: No RA meeting planned for June 21

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Thanks. Of course, RSVPs or regrets for most RA members [ i.e., those who do not own the Forum boards :) ] will have to occur on the RA Discussion board. I will start a new thread there for the 28th June meeting. Regards Jamie P

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”