Board Guild Meeting 6th July 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 800
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 6th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:13] You: let's start
[9:13] You: please remember all meetings are transcripted
[9:13] You: and agenda is on the water-grey cube on the floor
[9:14] Pip Torok: hallo everyone
[9:14] Symo Kurka: hallo Pip
[9:14] Sudane Erato: hey :)
[9:15] You: 1. Information point: Locus Amoenus finantials and budget.
[9:15] Pip Torok: hi symo sudane
[9:15] Symo Kurka: hi Pip
[9:15] Sudane Erato: hey Pip :)
[9:15] You: ok
[9:16] You: as you know, the RA has decided that it will be the chancellor approving the purchase and building budget of the new sim
[9:16] You: Atm, we are completing that budget
[9:17] You: after which we will meet with the Chancellor and present the figures, and he will decide
[9:17] Jon Seattle: When will Alex get a chance to look at it? And will he go ahead on his own?
[9:17] You: he must
[9:17] You: he was commissioned by the RA to take this decision
[9:18] You: at the same time we are doing the budget, we are preparing a task list
[9:19] You: everyone interested in applying to a determinate task will have to present us a model, sketch, photo... whatever of what he/she pretends to build
[9:19] You: so that we can choose/advise
[9:19] You: ok
[9:19] You: 2. Information point: opening of pre-reservations for Locus Amoenus
[9:19] Jon Seattle: *proposes :)
[9:20] You: even though we still don't have the pricing nor the buying date settled
[9:20] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[9:20] You: i have already started a post in the Locus amoenus blog
[9:21] You: for pre-reservations
[9:21] You: as we don't have price or date, these are NOT compromising
[9:21] You: but we would like to know about the nterest in the new sim
[9:21] Sudane Erato: Moon, what do you mean by "compromising"?
[9:21] You: for reference, let me see
[9:21] Sudane Erato: you mean "committing"?
[9:22] You: ah, means that imagine you reserve a plot thinking right now it will cost you 500L
[9:22] You: and in the end it will cost you 5000 L
[9:22] Sudane Erato: so, in essence, the reservation does not commit you to buy the parcel?
[9:23] You: i guess that in this case people may have the option to quit
[9:23] You: yes
[9:23] Sudane Erato: great... that clarifies it
[9:23] Pip Torok: and in effect this operates from _right now_?
[9:23] You: if you think that the post in the blog ins not clear about it, i can rewrite it
[9:23] Sudane Erato: in a sense, it is the "right of first refusal"
[9:23] You: http://locus-amoenus.slcds.info/
[9:23] Cindy Ecksol: does guild have the authority to do this?
[9:23] You: yes Pip
[9:24] Symo Kurka: Moon are the adv panels in world linked to the blog?
[9:24] You: actually Cindy... i was not very sure myself
[9:24] You: yes Symo
[9:24] Sudane Erato: well... as Trasurer of the CDS, I am qyite interested that a plan be set up to manage "pre-selling"
[9:24] You: but i decided to do it, because i already had people asking me about pre-reservations
[9:24] Symo Kurka: :)
[9:25] Sudane Erato: and if this is an administrative first step.. i think its a good idea
[9:25] You: when we have the pricing and schedule for the sim
[9:25] You: then Alex can sort of make it 'official'
[9:26] Symo Kurka: have in mind he's under heavy political attack atm
[9:26] You: so i heard
[9:26] Sudane Erato: ridiculous
[9:26] Jon Seattle: I had not heard. Why?
[9:26] Symo Kurka: yes most political actions atm are quite ridiculous
[9:26] Sudane Erato: no real reason at all
[9:26] You: those december parties, i think
[9:27] You: i'll tell you about it later
[9:27] Symo Kurka: ok let's go on
[9:27] Jon Seattle: eeeek, okay.
[9:27] Cindy Ecksol would like to hear also
[9:27] You: 3. Textures and texture content theft.
[9:27] You: nothing to report on this one
[9:28] Pip Torok: Moon, how can a person express interest in a partivular reservation?
[9:28] Symo Kurka: A proposal
[9:28] Symo Kurka: ops
[9:28] You: you have the blog post
[9:28] You: you make a comment to it
[9:28] Pip Torok: yes
[9:28] Pip Torok: understood
[9:28] You: and say, i am interested in parcel XX
[9:28] Sudane Erato: did we solve the problem of accessing the ability to post?
[9:28] Sudane Erato: i had some trouble with it
[9:29] You: i think so
[9:29] You: i added the Meta widget, which was off
[9:29] Sudane Erato: kk
[9:29] Sudane Erato: great :)
[9:30] You: 4. Lapis Niger cerimony
[9:30] Symo Kurka: On point 3 can i propose "texture and texture content theft" should become "basic rules on copyright in SL"
[9:30] You: Symo, take the table, please
[9:30] You: well, the aim of that project is more than that Symo
[9:31] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:31] You: is to really create a digimark system
[9:31] Symo Kurka: that's too ambitious to my opinion
[9:31] Symo Kurka: anyway
[9:31] Symo Kurka: we'll discuss it another time...
[9:32] Jon Seattle: well, it may be possible.. we have a few computer scientests around, but they tend to get busy :)
[9:32] You: i have an idea on how to make it
[9:32] You: but as said, to be discussed at other time
[9:32] You: we're now at point 4
[9:32] Symo Kurka: if they manage with this stuff (but it will take years) i'll buy it in RL lol
[9:32] You: 4. Lapis Niger cerimony
[9:33] Symo Kurka: ok Lapis Niger
[9:33] Symo Kurka: i published the ceremony in forum
[9:33] Symo Kurka: had few answers
[9:33] Symo Kurka: possibly ppl in summertime are out in the gardens
[9:33] Symo Kurka: but
[9:34] Symo Kurka: i asked to send the donations listed either to me or to Moon
[9:34] Symo Kurka: Moon did you receive anything?
[9:34] You: the answers you got were very positive, i think
[9:34] You: nothing yet
[9:34] Symo Kurka: yes sure
[9:34] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:34] You: buut as i said, i can build all things that need to be built
[9:35] Symo Kurka: wait
[9:35] Jon Seattle: you should volunteer some others though :)
[9:35] Symo Kurka: Rose offerd birds, Arria priests clothings...
[9:35] You: i am always the plan B :)
[9:35] Symo Kurka: so something is gonna come
[9:35] Symo Kurka: ok Moon
[9:36] Symo Kurka: think the problem will be the white bull and cow
[9:36] You: those probably will have to bebought
[9:36] You: but i have a contact for someone who can do them
[9:36] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:36] You: i can talk to him and ask him how much he would charge
[9:37] Symo Kurka: i can send you some pix on the shape of an ancient roman bull
[9:37] Naftali Torok: good day all
[9:37] You: hi Naftali :)
[9:37] Symo Kurka: lol
[9:37] Jon Seattle: perhaps a cow tree?
[9:37] Symo Kurka: Hello Naf :))
[9:37] Jon Seattle: Hi Naf :)
[9:37] You: hmmm Symo, to be cheap it will possiblyhave to be the cow he already has
[9:37] Symo Kurka: ok just with wide horns if possible
[9:38] You: ok, maybe i can ask that
[9:38] Symo Kurka: :))
[9:38] You: Naftali, please remember this meeting is transcripted
[9:38] You: agenda is the grey box
[9:38] Symo Kurka: so as soon as you get an answer from Chancellor i'll speed up things
[9:38] Symo Kurka: ok?
[9:39] You: someone please, update Naf in IM
[9:39] You: ok
[9:39] You: 5. General regulations draft for new sim buildings.
[9:40] Naftali Torok: I sorry..
[9:40] Naftali Torok: I'm Sorry! i am on the computer of a friend, so need to get used to this keyboard
[9:40] Jon Seattle: Is there a link with the current proposal?
[9:40] You: np Naftali
[9:40] You: Jon, what Symo has been doing is a set of videos
[9:41] You: which can be seen at the NG blog
[9:41] You: to teach people how to build
[9:41] You: one sec, and i'll get the link
[9:41] Jon Seattle: hmmm... those are great pedagogically, but regulations might have to be another thing.
[9:41] You: http://newguild.slcds.info/
[9:41] Jon Seattle: Thanks :)
[9:41] You: regulations are in the convenants
[9:42] You: and in the 'approved' set of textures
[9:42] You: and in the BAC approval
[9:42] You: so, there's enough steps to ensure that we'll get a quality sim
[9:42] Jon Seattle: I likes the videos very much, but are we settled on a 2x RL scale? I tend to use 1.33 or 1.5x
[9:43] Symo Kurka: Lol Jon you are free wto do what you want
[9:43] You: for stuff like ceilings, dorrs etc, 200% is a bit more comfy
[9:43] Symo Kurka: these are just suggestions
[9:43] You: but i for instance, build furniture at 125%
[9:44] You: and use tricks like colours, plants, statues, paintings, etc to fill the empty space that comes from the use of two sets of proportions
[9:44] You: but as Symo says, these are suggestions
[9:44] Jon Seattle: Okay, but it does help to settle on a scale for building I find.
[9:45] You: thus we are suggesting the 200%
[9:45] You: because you need a bit of control to be able to build at smaller proportions
[9:45] Jon Seattle: yes, but that ups the floor space by 400% of course. 2x 2x for area
[9:46] You: and we don't think that the future owners inLA may all be up to that point
[9:46] You: no
[9:46] Sudane Erato: heheh... I always like 100% :)
[9:46] You: horizontal area they have limits
[9:46] Sudane Erato: small and cosy :)
[9:47] You: and you'll see that the videos focus on height
[9:47] Jon Seattle: so you make things tallker and not wider :)
[9:47] You: but they have to be so in SL
[9:47] You: so...
[9:47] Symo Kurka: i'll prepare one more video on textures |Moon
[9:47] Symo Kurka: as you requested
[9:48] You: thanks
[9:48] You: and we must study a place to have the videos here
[9:48] Symo Kurka: scale, resolution and warnings on alpha
[9:48] Symo Kurka: oh yes
[9:48] You: which links us to point 6
[9:48] Symo Kurka: youtube screens are GREAT
[9:48] Jon Seattle: Well, should we not have a process for approving videos?
[9:48] You: 6. School spaces remodelling
[9:48] Cindy Ecksol: oh my!
[9:48] Symo Kurka: Jon is right
[9:49] You: surely, when the Faculty appoints aen educative fepartment
[9:49] Symo Kurka: but to make its imple we should appriobve them here
[9:49] You: till then, we must do with what we have
[9:49] Symo Kurka: for the moment
[9:49] Symo Kurka: hmm
[9:49] Cindy Ecksol: I cannot imagine that we are going to be able to prevent people from posting videos....
[9:49] Symo Kurka: sorry Moon
[9:50] Cindy Ecksol: perhaps the faculty can put a stamp of approval on some, but beyond that I can't imagine what we would do
[9:50] Jon Seattle: Cindy, these are offical guild recommendations, not just any videos
[9:50] Symo Kurka: well Cindy
[9:50] You: so do i have a motion to approve these YOUtube videos?
[9:50] Symo Kurka: .. right Moon
[9:50] Symo Kurka: have you all got the urls?
[9:50] You: they're on the site
[9:50] Pip Torok: no
[9:51] Symo Kurka: or you better look at them and we aprove them next time
[9:51] You: http://newguild.slcds.info/
[9:51] You: there is also a 5th video which Symo made from my presentation on the principles of roman architecture
[9:51] Symo Kurka: Moon i propose for next guild meeting "video approval"
[9:52] You: but personally i don't think it results in you tube, and must be displayed here with a slideviewer
[9:52] You: ok, we will vote them at next meeting
[9:52] You: OR
[9:52] You: if the Faculty has quorum in while and appoints the Educative Head
[9:53] You: the Educative Head can approve them
[9:53] You: which would be more correct
[9:53] Jon Seattle: Ah, I thik Symo would be best for that.
[9:53] Symo Kurka: well llol i cannot approve myself
[9:53] Jon Seattle: After all he is putting in substantial effort on education materials.
[9:53] Sudane Erato: hehe... why not?
[9:54] Sudane Erato: I approve myself!! :)
[9:54] You: one sec
[9:54] Symo Kurka: LOL
[9:55] You: ok
[9:55] You: 6. School spaces remodelling
[9:55] You: as you have seen
[9:56] You: the ground floor is no an exhibit room
[9:56] You: and i also replaced the 'Neualtenburg School' stuff
[9:56] You: with our logo, etc
[9:56] You: but we need more room
[9:56] Symo Kurka: ehm my exhibit downstairs is a bit large
[9:57] You: for those videos and for the slideshow on the principles of roman architecture
[9:57] You: we have the arcade
[9:57] Jon Seattle: How about a classroom?
[9:57] Sudane Erato: or we could hollow the ground out beneath us
[9:57] You: which i suggest as immediately accessible
[9:58] You: or we can trash the info point machine
[9:58] Jon Seattle: Take over the space under the plaz :D ?
[9:58] You: and set the Youtube screen there
[9:59] Cindy Ecksol: why not use the classrooms up above?
[9:59] You: my goodness, the infopoint machine has 25 prims
[9:59] Jon Seattle: wow!
[9:59] You: because i would like that these things would be immediately visible
[9:59] Cindy Ecksol: ah, I see...
[9:59] You: and not that you'd have to be looking for them
[9:59] You: ok guys
[9:59] You: what do you say
[9:59] You: about trashing that infopoint
[10:00] Cindy Ecksol: how about that shop in NFS that's supposed to be for citizen stuff but is actually empty?
[10:00] You: and Guilda buying an youtube screen
[10:00] Sudane Erato: "removing it" :)
[10:00] Jon Seattle: go ahead please!
[10:00] You: ah Cindy
[10:00] You: there's another wg
[10:00] You: which is dealing with that question atm
[10:00] Sudane Erato: isn't a Youtube screen the same as a Freeview?
[10:00] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:00] Cindy Ecksol: I have lost track of all the wg's
[10:00] You: it's the gov spaces wg
[10:01] Cindy Ecksol: oh, ok....
[10:01] You: we sent a survey asking for the branches to tell us what spaces they need
[10:01] You: and Sudane no
[10:01] Sudane Erato: composed of Princess and Brian
[10:01] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:01] You: a youtube screen downloads directly from youtube
[10:01] Symo Kurka: yes it's been a naughty idea
[10:01] Cindy Ecksol: well, THAT one is not going to make progress anytime soon.
[10:01] Pip Torok: Me i go for greater visibility ...
[10:02] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:02] You: we can wait a bit though
[10:02] You: because Gwyn is working on her own Youtube screen :)
[10:02] You: and buy it from her :)
[10:02] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:03] Symo Kurka: sure if it's competitive with market prices
[10:03] Symo Kurka: both Naftali and me bought one
[10:03] Symo Kurka: i payed it 450 LD
[10:03] You: it will be, lol - she's developing it for Beta
[10:03] Symo Kurka: and works pretty well
[10:05] You: anyway
[10:05] You: we have spaces here on the ground floor and library floor
[10:06] You: which are immediately visible
[10:06] You: i am as Pip says, i prefer visibility
[10:06] You: But in any case Symo
[10:06] Sudane Erato: actually, across the street here is NG land... where the circular staits goes
[10:06] You: if you'd like to pass me or Sudane the LM for the place in which you bought it
[10:06] Sudane Erato: and there is lots of space there
[10:07] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:07] Symo Kurka: wait i find in inventory
[10:07] You: hmmmm
[10:08] You: but that would need a more deep intervention on the build that i was aiming for
[10:08] Sudane Erato: kk... but just to remember that the space is there
[10:08] You decline Nat Home Center from Symo Kurka.
[10:08] You: thanks, Symo, i got it
[10:08] Sudane Erato: thx Symo
[10:09] You: in any case, i'll trash the info point
[10:09] You: nobody uses it
[10:09] Sudane Erato: I hope you'll dispose of it environmentally
[10:09] You: lol
[10:09] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:09] You: i'll return it to its owner ;)
[10:09] Sudane Erato: oh...
[10:10] You: who is Gwyn :P
[10:10] Sudane Erato: you returned the Gargoyle Spawner
[10:10] Symo Kurka: oh poor Gargoil
[10:10] Jon Seattle: wow, disposing anything in SL environmentally would be amazing! (or is that un-environmentally)
[10:10] Sudane Erato: now there is no access to the classrooms :)
[10:10] You: opps
[10:10] Symo Kurka: omg
[10:10] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:10] You: i saw something there saying Neualtenburg school... :(
[10:11] Sudane Erato: i'll fix it
[10:11] You: can you put it there again?
[10:11] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:11] You: please just set a stone texture
[10:11] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:11] You: ok
[10:11] Sudane Erato: just one prim... it could even be invisible
[10:11] You: next point is
[10:12] You: 7. Altenstadt conclusion
[10:12] You: as you know~
[10:12] You: streets, garden, pool, arch are laid out
[10:12] You: the only thing needed to finish is the garden
[10:12] You: when we arrange that, there's no reason why those parcels can't be set to sale
[10:13] Sudane Erato: well... we really *should* publish a list...
[10:13] Cindy Ecksol: yes...
[10:13] Sudane Erato: of approved Fackwerk builders
[10:13] You: hmmmm
[10:13] Sudane Erato: or where you can buy acceptable fachwerks
[10:13] You: ~those are rare
[10:13] Sudane Erato: its very hard for must people to look at a blank parcel of land
[10:14] Cindy Ecksol: so is this a restriction in the covenant for these properties?
[10:14] You: can someone please research fachwerk makers for that list?
[10:14] Sudane Erato: i think there is some restriction
[10:14] You: and i would be eternally grateful?
[10:14] Sudane Erato: i hope so... or
[10:14] Sudane Erato: we will have very "out of theme" builds
[10:15] Jon Seattle: it should be city zone I think
[10:15] Sudane Erato: yes, it is
[10:15] You: yes, i suppose so
[10:15] Moon Adamant looks around for a victim
[10:15] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:16] You: the only thing you have to do
[10:16] You: is to use search
[10:16] You: write fachwerk
[10:16] You: hav a look at the picture
[10:16] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:16] You: see if it's good
[10:16] You: and note it down
[10:16] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:16] You: voluntaries?
[10:16] Sudane Erato: *sigh*
[10:16] Sudane Erato: I will
[10:16] Cindy Ecksol: what I think is "good" may not be what YOU think is "good"
[10:17] Symo Kurka: there is only ONE resulkt in search
[10:17] Sudane Erato: it has to be done... or we will have a mishmash
[10:17] Cindy Ecksol: I am happy to do a search and make a list though
[10:17] You: look also for "german cottage"
[10:17] You: ok, thank you Cindy
[10:17] Symo Kurka: just a question
[10:17] You: yes?
[10:18] Symo Kurka: are "fachwerke" all the buildings in town?
[10:18] You: hmmm no
[10:18] Sudane Erato: loosely speaking, yes
[10:18] Sudane Erato: very loosely :)
[10:18] Symo Kurka: can't we see who the creators are?
[10:18] Sudane Erato: the creators are Moon, Dianne, me..
[10:18] You: well, there a few which don't have the beams and stuff
[10:18] You: yes
[10:19] You: but Moon is reluctant in adding more fachwerks of her own to the city
[10:19] Sudane Erato: and Sudane is too
[10:19] Symo Kurka: ... and stick the bloody fachwerke in slexchange?
[10:19] You: and has almost no time to do custom jobs
[10:19] Sudane Erato: and Dianne is gone
[10:19] You: Symo, my problem is that i don't have the time to pay the tech assistance clients sometimes require
[10:20] You: that said, i removed my fachwerks from sale
[10:20] You: also, there's too many of mine around
[10:20] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:20] Sudane Erato: partly my fault
[10:20] Cindy Ecksol wonders if there are so many of moon's because they're good...
[10:20] Jon Seattle: My hope is that if we go outside we find something that will be good..
[10:20] Symo Kurka: so what we need is "new" fachwerke from the market??
[10:20] Sudane Erato: they ARE good!
[10:21] Sudane Erato: Symo, yes
[10:21] You: lol, thank you
[10:21] Sudane Erato: I think they do exist
[10:21] You: the problem about fachwerk
[10:21] Sudane Erato: but hard to find
[10:21] Cindy Ecksol: ok, I will research and we'll see what comes up
[10:21] You: is that it requires good texturing abilities
[10:21] You: or dozens of prims
[10:21] Sudane Erato: only one of mine is *really* a fachwerk
[10:21] Jon Seattle: Perhaps long term develop a new builder into a fachwerk maker?
[10:22] Sudane Erato: so I think we should be loose in the interpretation
[10:22] You: i am trying to convince Satir to dedicate herself to fachwerk lol
[10:22] Cindy Ecksol: hey, if someone wants to teach me about building big builds, I'm available :-)
[10:22] Sudane Erato: great!
[10:22] Jon Seattle: lol, or more accurate :D
[10:22] Sudane Erato: Mizou could create them, too!
[10:22] You: drop her a note on that
[10:22] Sudane Erato: kk... i will
[10:23] Sudane Erato: Cindy, if you can make small builds, you can make big ones
[10:23] Sudane Erato: no difference, except the size
[10:23] You: actually, when you get the trick, they're easy to do
[10:23] Sudane Erato: yes... its all in the texs
[10:23] Cindy Ecksol: yes...I just don't understand enough about design to be able to put them together.
[10:23] You: and there's always Kendra
[10:24] Sudane Erato: no!!!
[10:24] You: Port Neualtenburg
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:24] You: lol
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: history strikes again....
[10:24] Sudane Erato: I have worked with her since in SLNE
[10:24] You: but people can go THERE and buy a fachwerk to put HERE
[10:24] Sudane Erato: and she can be a problem
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: ah, good point....
[10:25] You: but if an owner privately contracts herto make a fachwerk, i don't see any issue
[10:25] Sudane Erato: if she has prefabs for sale, that would be great
[10:25] You: she must have, i think
[10:25] Sudane Erato: well... just to warn them, that Kendra builds whatever Kendra wishes to build
[10:26] Sudane Erato: and pays not much attention to any input
[10:26] You: ok
[10:26] You: ok, guys
[10:26] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[10:26] You: i had tempatively assigned 10.30 for the faculty meeting
[10:27] Symo Kurka: just a mom
[10:27] You: so let's try and see if we can do the rest of agenda quickly
[10:27] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:27] You: 8. Masterplan WG and GMP blog
[10:27] You: Ad you have seen, the survey machines are working
[10:27] Symo Kurka: Jon...
[10:27] Symo Kurka: how many do we have now?
[10:27] You: Jon, how many answers have we got now?
[10:28] Jon Seattle: Ah, one moment.. I will check
[10:29] Jon Seattle: 29 so far :)
[10:29] Symo Kurka: not bad
[10:29] Symo Kurka: Moon, Jon can i ask
[10:30] Cindy Ecksol: post one more time in the forum maybe symo?
[10:30] You: yes, 1/3 of population, more
[10:30] Symo Kurka: Jon could you extract an xls file
[10:30] Jon Seattle: I will forward you the data. nods.
[10:30] Symo Kurka: send it to me and Cindy too and any other volunteer
[10:30] Jon Seattle: well, its comma delimited, but any spreadsheet should take it.
[10:30] Symo Kurka: ok
[10:31] You: thanks Jon :)
[10:31] You: 9. Building Approval Committee WG.
[10:31] You: waiting for faculty meeting... tabled
[10:31] You: 10. CDS Information Centre WG.
[10:31] Jon Seattle: very welcome :)
[10:31] You: nothing to report... my fault mainly i think
[10:32] You: Cindy, let's try and see if we can meet next week to kick this off again
[10:32] Cindy Ecksol: sounds like a plan.
[10:33] You: ok
[10:33] Cindy Ecksol: I will be around most of ths week, pretty flexible time
[10:33] You: so will i, and i hope Rose and Alex too
[10:33] You: 11. Roman Textures WG
[10:33] You: from what i gather, everyone in this wg is working steadily on
[10:34] Symo Kurka: well WG can also get inspiration from the exhibit downstairs
[10:34] You: exactly
[10:35] You: Arria mainly, as she is doing the frescos and mosaics
[10:35] You: but for instance, this week i have done stuccos.... monoshorme but also these deep reds, yellows and blues
[10:35] Cindy Ecksol: ah, nice!
[10:35] You: monochrome*
[10:36] You: main challenge will be doors and windows lol
[10:36] You: those have to be built in photoshop :)
[10:36] You: anyway
[10:36] You: give me a moment to check the input on last point
[10:36] Cindy Ecksol doesn't know where you all find the time for this!
[10:37] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:37] Symo Kurka: virtual passion Cindy
[10:37] Sudane Erato: lol
[10:37] You: no progress, since Legislative and Scientific branches ghaven't answered our survey yet :(
[10:37] Cindy Ecksol thinks maybe "virtual hours" in your days....
[10:37] You: oh, i can sleep in bits
[10:37] Sudane Erato: or just move out of RL and move to SL :)
[10:38] Symo Kurka: well Sudane sooner or later i'll do
[10:38] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:38] You: my trick is that i sleep during my less productive hours
[10:38] You: like dinner hour
[10:38] Sudane Erato: haha
[10:38] You: then i am all fresh again for the productive period till 3 AM
[10:39] Symo Kurka: Moon you'll get SLcoholic
[10:39] You: eheheh no
[10:39] You: i am workaholic by nature :)
[10:39] Symo Kurka: green fluorescent eyes in RL
[10:39] You: ok
[10:39] Sudane Erato: better slcoholic than alcoholic
[10:39] You: agenda is all covered
[10:39] Symo Kurka: and i''ll get someday a tail in RL
[10:39] You: any other business?
[10:40] Sudane Erato: adjourn!
[10:40] Cindy Ecksol: second!
[10:40] You: only a second
[10:40] Pip Torok: time for one agenda item?
[10:40] You: let me see if Arria posted an hour for teh Faculty meeting
[10:40] You: Pip, yes?
[10:40] Symo Kurka: yes she did but she's not here
[10:41] You: she didn't post an hour
[10:41] You: only' after the board meeting'
[10:41] Pip Torok: OKL this theres a SERIOUS mismatch of themes in the radio s of the various streets in nd fs nfs eg telnstrasse and the square ... what can "we" do?
[10:41] Symo Kurka: have to leave 11:25
[10:42] Sudane Erato: turn off all the radios
[10:42] Symo Kurka: ah
[10:42] Sudane Erato: that makes them all the same :)
[10:42] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:42] Symo Kurka: and all the Teleport systems too
[10:42] You: that's chancellor's department
[10:42] Pip Torok: ah!!!
[10:42] Cindy Ecksol: hey, I like walking down the street and hearing different music all the time....
[10:42] Symo Kurka: can we set a point on teleprt for next meeting?
[10:42] You: hmmmm
[10:43] Pip Torok: eben the mismatch cindy?
[10:43] Cindy Ecksol: yep!
[10:43] You: if you area talking about the fact that when you teleport into NFS you get stuck behind Gwynethstrasse
[10:43] Pip Torok: fair enough ...
[10:43] Cindy Ecksol: makes it feel more like people really live there....
[10:43] You: that's a known bug
[10:43] You: i mean
[10:43] Symo Kurka: no Moon i'm noticing that SCHOOL is not accessible if you do not know where it is
[10:44] You: ah
[10:44] You: hmmmm
[10:44] Cindy Ecksol: I thought we did not have direct TP in NFS...?
[10:44] You: i can publish the SLURL in the NG blog
[10:44] Symo Kurka: i always get TP in the chcenral square
[10:44] You: and we don't
[10:44] Symo Kurka: *central
[10:44] You: i haven't got a tp on the platz for months now
[10:45] You: what i generally do now is tp to AM and then fly
[10:45] Sudane Erato: I think the TP restrictions really do not work
[10:45] Sudane Erato: yes, me neither Moon
[10:45] You: when i tp to CN, i generally end up inside one of Princess' toga selles....
[10:46] Symo Kurka: i think we should have in thje platz a teleport system for main NFS places
[10:46] You: vendors*
[10:46] Symo Kurka: aah
[10:46] You: well, Symo, the infocentre will have that
[10:46] Symo Kurka: Toga Teleport System = TTP
[10:46] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[10:46] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:46] You: lol
[10:46] Jon Seattle: Is that a feature or a bug?
[10:46] Cindy Ecksol: well, on that note, I must run....
[10:46] Sudane Erato: organized by Princess for more business :)
[10:46] You: thanks Cindy :)
[10:47] Symo Kurka: kk Cindy see you soon i hope
[10:47] Sudane Erato: bye Cindy :)
[10:47] You: ok, faculty members
[10:47] Cindy Ecksol: talk to you all later....I will do the fachwerk thing later today and post a list...
[10:47] You: i will ask you to wait till 11 at least
[10:47] You: so that the Chair logs in

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”