Request to Flag Legislation For SC Review

Announcements by the Dean of the Scientific Council

Moderator: SC Moderators

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Request to Flag Legislation For SC Review

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Article III Section 6 of the Constitution states: Chairs of the SC will ratify bills passed by the Representative Assembly by simple majority vote and may resubmit the bill with modifications for vote.

According to the Code of Ordinary Procedure for the Scientific Council A.4. Legislation passed by the RA can only form the basis of an agenda
item for an SC meeting provided that it is 'flagged' by a member of the SC within 48 hours of the act being archived and published

A citizen has requested that the removal of the Chancellor enacted by the RA at its 12 Jul 2008 meeting be flagged by the SC for review. The action taken by the RA was published at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1960 on Sun 13 Jul , 2008 12:57 pm.

The Code of Ordinary Procedure A.5. states: A member of the SC may flag legislation by posting a notice to the effect that an SC review is desired with a brief justification in the SC announcements forum and notifying the Dean, who will in turn notify the LRA and other members of the SC.

Under this section of the Code, I would like to flag the action taken by the RA to remove the Chancellor for review by the SC. I have direct personal knowledge that at least one of the allegations against the Chancellor used to justify his removal was demonstrably false at the time that the RA* took action and believe that it is important for the SC to review it.

Cindy Ecksol

* corrected from "SC"

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request to Flag Legislation For SC Review

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Cindy Ecksol wrote:

I have direct personal knowledge that at least one of the allegations against the Chancellor used to justify his removal was demonstrably false at the time that the SC took action and believe that it is important for the SC to review it.

Cindy Ecksol

Cindy,

Do you mean RA here instead of SC? I'm unaware of the SC having taken action on this issue.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Request to Flag Legislation For SC Review

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Claude Desmoulins wrote:
Cindy Ecksol wrote:

I have direct personal knowledge that at least one of the allegations against the Chancellor used to justify his removal was demonstrably false at the time that the SC took action and believe that it is important for the SC to review it.

Cindy Ecksol

Cindy,

Do you mean RA here instead of SC? I'm unaware of the SC having taken action on this issue.

Sorry -- yes. Have corrected it above....

Cindy

Return to “Scientific Council Announcements”