Board Guild Meeting 27th July 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 27th July 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:12] You: ok guys, let's start
[9:12] Rose Springvale: just so ya'll know lol
[9:12] Sudane Erato: yeah Moon! :)
[9:12] Jon Seattle: yay Moon!
[9:12] Symo Kurka: ok Sudane we'll chat about our stories one day
[9:12] You: please remind that the meeting is transcripted
[9:12] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[9:12] Cindy Ecksol also assents to recording and wonders why rose is voting for moon...
[9:12] You: and the agenda can be read clicking on the blue box
[9:12] Jon Seattle: assents
[9:12] You: point one
[9:13] You: Election of the Secretary of the Board
[9:13] Sudane Erato: i vote for Moon
[9:13] Jon Seattle: me too! :)
[9:13] Rose Springvale thinks moon is amazing and perfect for the job and will vote for her as long as she can get away with it
[9:13] You: as you know, per our charter, the election of the secretary of the board must take place no later than 15 days after a general election of the CDS
[9:13] Symo Kurka: i vote for Moon
[9:14] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:14] You: lol, just a moment , let me do my thing!
[9:14] Rose Springvale: i think we have a winner
[9:14] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:14] Rose Springvale: next item please :)
[9:14] Symo Kurka: unanimously
[9:14] Sudane Erato: no... Cindy diidn't vote yet]
[9:14] You: the election was duly called by me last week and a notice posted on on the Guild forums, asking for candidates to declare their intention to run
[9:14] Rose Springvale giggles becasue moon gets flustered when we mess with her process
[9:14] You: (btw, let me check if tehre were answers)
[9:14] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:15] You: none, as you can check in:
[9:15] You: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1980
[9:15] Cindy Ecksol: ok, then I vote for moon too :-)
[9:15] Sudane Erato: yay!
[9:15] Sudane Erato: Moon by a landslide!
[9:15] Rose Springvale: congrats moon!
[9:16] You: i will ask therefore, today being the eadline, if there any citizens present willing to run for the role
[9:16] Jon Seattle: yay Moon!
[9:16] Symo Kurka: congrats Moon !!!
[9:16] Symo Kurka: lol
[9:16] You: lol
[9:16] You: ok, let's vote formally
[9:16] Cindy Ecksol: we love you because you're so focused that you can't even look up to see that we all agree with you :-)
[9:16] Jon Seattle: poor Moon, unruly supporters :)
[9:16] Sudane Erato: hehe... yes
[9:17] You: all agreeing that Moon Adamant, current Secretary of the Board, continues in that role, say Aye
[9:17] Sudane Erato: aye!!!
[9:17] Rose Springvale: ay yi yi!
[9:17] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[9:17] Jon Seattle: aye :)
[9:17] Symo Kurka: aaaaye
[9:17] You: and i abstain
[9:17] You: passed
[9:17] You: thank you all :))
[9:17] Symo Kurka: applause
[9:17] Rose Springvale: thank YOU!
[9:18] Rose Springvale: going back to work now but sitting quietly here :)
[9:18] Jon Seattle: quite welcome, and thanks very much for all the good work you do.
[9:18] You: this tem we will have some interesting work to do, including one new sim and most possibly the preparation of plans to another
[9:18] Rose Springvale: will check back momentarily
[9:18] You: at the same time, this term will also see hopefully the total applying of the Private Sim Development Act
[9:19] You: which will be a challenge to the Guild, no doubt
[9:19] You: but we grow through challenges
[9:19] Symo Kurka: (already heard that lol)
[9:19] You: so, we have tons of stuff to do - let's head on to business
[9:20] You: i take this opportunity to confirm my nomination of Sudane for the role of Head of teh Finantial Department and of Rose to the role of the Admin/Agent department
[9:21] You: and i'll ask you also to confirm both by an Aye too
[9:21] You: hello Bjerkel
[9:21] Jon Seattle: aye
[9:21] Bjerkel Eerie: hello
[9:21] Sudane Erato: aye to Rose
[9:21] Cindy Ecksol: hi, bjerkel!
[9:21] Jon Seattle: Hi Bjerkel
[9:21] You: Bjerkel, remind the meeting is transcripted
[9:21] You: the agenda is in the blu box
[9:21] Symo Kurka: aye
[9:21] You: we are atm in middle of a vote
[9:21] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[9:22] You: Jon?
[9:22] You: and Rose?
[9:22] Jon Seattle: already voted :)
[9:22] You: oh, sorry
[9:22] Cindy Ecksol: rose is afk...
[9:22] You: ok
[9:22] Jon Seattle: aye (2)
[9:22] You: aye to both
[9:22] Rose Springvale: let me look quick
[9:22] You: passed
[9:22] You: ok
[9:22] Moon Adamant waits
[9:23] Rose Springvale: okay aye :)
[9:23] You: passed
[9:23] You: congrats to the two victims :)
[9:23] You: ok
[9:23] Sudane Erato: *sigh*
[9:23] Rose Springvale: lol
[9:23] You: 2. Textures and texture content theft.
[9:24] Rose Springvale: i thought i was voting for sudane. that will teach me to read too fast :)
[9:24] Rose Springvale: thanks :)
[9:24] You: Rose, did you manage to find the infor from Satir as we discussed last week?
[9:24] Rose Springvale: ah, not yet. i'm sorry.
[9:24] You: on digitally marking the textures?
[9:24] You: ok
[9:24] You: no progress either from my side, so let's table this
[9:25] You: 3. General regulations draft for new sim buildings.
[9:25] Rose Springvale: crazy week. down to 35 minutes... so i'll back afk ..sorry
[9:25] You: Symo
[9:25] You: how are we in terms of this?
[9:26] You: i know you've been busy, so i don't expect anything
[9:26] You: just don't forget to pass me the links of any more videos you make so i can put them in the blog
[9:27] Symo Kurka: I still have to prepare a movie on textures i suppose
[9:27] You: ok
[9:27] You: we have time, so no stress
[9:27] You: ok? :)
[9:27] Symo Kurka: ok ty
[9:27] You: 4. School spaces remodelling
[9:28] You: Again, i left this point to remind you all to see the splendid exhibit below us
[9:28] You: done by Symo
[9:28] You: on roman architecture, featuring digital images from models on Pompeii
[9:29] You: 5. Altenstadt conclusion
[9:29] You: Sudane, as per your request
[9:29] You: i linked and fixed teh textures of all the roads bits
[9:29] Sudane Erato: great
[9:29] You: and also i wrote to both Chancellor and RA to ask for formal permission to start selling the plots
[9:30] You: i sent you a copy of that mail
[9:30] Sudane Erato: yes
[9:30] You: i didn't have any answer
[9:30] You: :)
[9:30] Jon Seattle: Nice to see you all -- have to run to RL work (very unfortunatly)
[9:30] You: oh, what a pity
[9:30] Sudane Erato: bye Jon :)
[9:30] Jon Seattle: Bye :)
[9:30] You: giood work!
[9:30] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[9:30] Symo Kurka: bye jon
[9:30] Jon Seattle hugs Moon
[9:30] Cindy Ecksol: bye jon
[9:31] You: in any case
[9:31] You: the issue is now in the hands of those responsible for it
[9:31] You: but there's only one point left
[9:31] You: Cindy
[9:31] Sudane Erato: ahh... yes
[9:31] Sudane Erato: access to fachwerks
[9:31] You: Rudeen will need the list you made of fachwerk builders
[9:32] Sudane Erato: Rudeen?
[9:32] You: or you
[9:32] Sudane Erato: I don't let her out
[9:32] You: lol
[9:32] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:32] You: you can send her a telegram with the list then
[9:32] You: :)
[9:33] Sudane Erato: hmm... well... where will we publicize it... perhaps make a sign there
[9:33] Sudane Erato: so when people buy
[9:33] Sudane Erato: its right there
[9:34] Cindy Ecksol: ah....
[9:34] Cindy Ecksol: I'm back...sorrry
[9:34] You: np
[9:34] Cindy Ecksol: I only found ONE previously unidentified source of fachwerken
[9:34] Sudane Erato: oh!
[9:34] Cindy Ecksol: at least good ones...there were some really lame ones
[9:34] Sudane Erato: we have Mizou
[9:35] Cindy Ecksol: yes....and I think cadence theas might also build -- have not caught her yet to ask
[9:35] You: i am extremely sorry to say that untill sep 15th i will have absolutely no time at all to build custom fachwerks
[9:35] Cindy Ecksol: but other than that, nothing.
[9:36] Sudane Erato: kk... let's see about cadence
[9:36] Cindy Ecksol: moon, did you think about that proposal I made to you regarding your stuff?
[9:36] Sudane Erato: so that would make 3
[9:36] You: Cindy, sorry, no... too much on my mind this week
[9:36] Cindy Ecksol: ok...when you get a chance.
[9:36] You: let me think a few more on that
[9:36] You: a bit*
[9:36] Cindy Ecksol: in the meantime, what are we going to do with the two that we've firmly identified (and any others that we scare up)?
[9:37] You: well, we can ask them if they would like to be listed as fachwerk builders for a start
[9:37] You: if they agree, i think Sudane's suggestion is the best
[9:38] Cindy Ecksol: sorry -- missed that -- let me scroll back
[9:38] You: we'll make a discreet sign saying X and Y are available to build custom fachwerks
[9:38] You: because you see, thse plots aren't standard
[9:38] You: they're bigger and they have odd shapes
[9:38] You: i think they should be hmmm
[9:38] Cindy Ecksol: ok, sudane, will send you the landmark for what I found. not a custom builder -- says clearly that he/she doesn't have time for that. but the sets look pretty flexible.
[9:39] Sudane Erato: great :)
[9:39] You: well,a good builder could use that to the advantage of the build and consequently of the urban space
[9:39] You: ok
[9:40] You: reports now
[9:40] You: 6. Lapis Niger cerimony
[9:40] Symo Kurka: Hmmm Ceremony.... i'm sorry but i leave for holidays next week, and i'll be back the 17th. So i cannot participate to preparations any more (i'm very busy in RL this week). I therefore gave the Caeremony draft script to Rose and Moon, and i'm sure they will manage ...:)
[9:40] Cindy Ecksol: I will specifically ask mizou and cadence if they want to be listed
[9:40] You: Symo has sent a very nice script
[9:40] You: oh, ok Symo
[9:41] You: we will also have to coord with the new executive and PIO
[9:41] Symo Kurka: by the way..
[9:41] You: since Arria is now a Rep
[9:41] You: yes?
[9:41] Symo Kurka: when will be the new PIO nominated?
[9:41] You: well, new chancellor will be voted next week
[9:41] You: i hope that the candidates have already taken pains to secure PIOs
[9:42] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:42] You: if they have, they can appoint them immediately
[9:42] You: which i hope they do
[9:42] You: but if necessary, we'll adapt the script in that point
[9:43] Symo Kurka: kk
[9:43] You: btw
[9:43] You: let me stress to everyone that atm the cerimony is predicted to occur around the 19th
[9:44] You: as you know, we will ask everyone present to drop in the mundus hole an object of good augury
[9:44] You: so you can start to think on that and on the clothes :)
[9:44] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[9:44] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:44] You: i have secured a maker of a fading bull and cow
[9:44] Symo Kurka: Arria talked about clothes..
[9:44] You: Arria makes peplos
[9:45] Symo Kurka: do we have to find them on our own?
[9:45] Symo Kurka: Hi Brian
[9:45] You: which in the lack of historical clothing in the CDS, are a good choice for ladies
[9:45] Sudane Erato: hey :)
[9:45] You: hi Brian :)
[9:45] Brian Livingston: Hi all :)
[9:45] You: for men, i am afraid you'll have to look for them
[9:45] Symo Kurka: ok
[9:46] Sudane Erato: well... at least some of the women are priestesses
[9:46] Sudane Erato: and... each priestess is a priestess of some tradition
[9:46] You: yes, it's admittable that the garb of priestesses could have been a bit more archaic
[9:46] Sudane Erato: maybe different
[9:47] Cindy Ecksol: isn't peplos kind of early period-wise for LA?
[9:47] You: for men, a toga is of the essence
[9:47] Sudane Erato: if i am a priestess of Artemis... someone else may be a priestess of Minerva
[9:47] You: unfortunately, priests used to cover their heads with the toga, as we can see in that famous statue of Octavian
[9:47] Sudane Erato: (sorry, Diana)
[9:47] You: but i think that's asking too much
[9:47] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:48] Symo Kurka: to refresh have a look at http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1936
[9:48] You: thanks :)
[9:48] Symo Kurka: we also need flyin birds rememner
[9:48] You: that Sudane can manage, right?
[9:49] You: and i can make the mundus, altar (it's done, actually) and pedestal
[9:49] Symo Kurka: ... the lapis niger
[9:49] You: and pole (also done)
[9:49] Cindy Ecksol: ah, here's some good stuff.... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... image&cd=1
[9:49] Sudane Erato: I should bring the birds??... sure
[9:49] You: and the lapis niger, quite right
[9:50] Symo Kurka: and cow and bull
[9:50] You: those the Guild will buy
[9:51] You: i have secured a modeller
[9:51] You: that will throw in the fade-to-alpha script
[9:52] Symo Kurka: Ok after the ceremony we can keep the animals in some temple
[9:52] You: the bull and cow are prim, not sculpty
[9:52] Cindy Ecksol: wow! pretty fun stuff...
[9:52] You: hmmm, the only temple we'll have will be the musaeon
[9:52] You: let's think about that later
[9:53] You: or we can reuse them every year as we open the mundus :)
[9:53] Cindy Ecksol thinks that in medieval times they kept the animals in the church.....
[9:53] Brian Livingston: Unless stalls were built on the docks or in the praertorium.
[9:53] Symo Kurka: well these are SACRED aniumals
[9:53] Cindy Ecksol: yes, exactly :-)
[9:53] Symo Kurka: indians they do keep elephants in the temples
[9:54] You: and rats
[9:54] Sudane Erato: they *might* be appropriate for the Dianna temple
[9:54] You: ok
[9:54] Sudane Erato: although she liked wild animals
[9:54] Symo Kurka: yea but sooner or later we need a Zeus temple
[9:54] Sudane Erato: Jupiter! :)
[9:54] Symo Kurka: or Jupiter if you prefer
[9:54] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:55] You: yes, we were supposed to have one in the forum, but i never had time to built it
[9:55] You: mix of jupiter' imperial cult
[9:55] You: but maybe that's an option
[9:55] You: next sim on the cluster: preview a temple to Jupiter
[9:55] You: with a sacred hmmmm word....
[9:56] Sudane Erato: by that sim it may be one to Zeus :)
[9:56] You: yes lol
[9:56] You: we can also make that in the future Nea Hora cluster
[9:56] Symo Kurka: we should prepare a list of temples to be done
[9:56] Symo Kurka: gods are jealous
[9:56] You: oh, we had one
[9:56] Sudane Erato: hehe... yes!
[9:57] You: CN was supposed to have a Diana Temple, a Minerva temple
[9:57] You: a Jupiter/Imperial cult temple
[9:57] Sudane Erato: it does!!
[9:57] You: and a mithraist temple in the underground
[9:57] You: unfortunately the two male deities temple were assigned to me and i never had the time to make them
[9:57] Symo Kurka: uh and Neptine? and Aphrodite???? be aware...
[9:57] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:58] Symo Kurka: and Mars oh my god
[9:58] Bjerkel Eerie: I think I need to go,, all this god stuf f is starthing to scare me
[9:58] You: ehehe
[9:58] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:58] Sudane Erato: bye now :)
[9:58] You: we'll have plenty of sims to spread the whole pantheon around
[9:58] You: bye Bjerkel
[9:58] You: and the gods will understand our mortal limitations
[9:59] You: ok, next point
[9:59] You: 7. Building Approval Committee WG.
[9:59] You: still pending the Faculty meeting... tabled
[9:59] Sudane Erato: Moon, question
[9:59] You: yes?
[9:59] Sudane Erato: about that subject
[9:59] Sudane Erato: when we get the new sim
[10:00] Sudane Erato: can we start building without the functioning Build approv committee
[10:00] Sudane Erato: ?
[10:00] You: yes
[10:00] You: the Guild is hmmm
[10:00] You: sort of automatically approved
[10:00] Sudane Erato: i see
[10:00] You: hi Pat :)
[10:00] Sudane Erato: hi Pat :)
[10:00] Patroklus Murakami: hi everyone :)
[10:01] You: welcome, remember the meeting is transcripted
[10:01] You: agenda in the blue box
[10:01] Patroklus Murakami: ty :)
[10:01] You: but the BAC will have to be in place and working when the new citizens arrive
[10:01] Sudane Erato: ok
[10:01] Rose Springvale: back now. phew
[10:01] Rose Springvale: sorry all
[10:01] You: i will write to Arria and stress the urgency of this matter
[10:01] Sudane Erato: wb Rose :)
[10:02] You: also of the Educative Dep
[10:02] Rose Springvale: sent at 11 59 lol
[10:02] Symo Kurka: Hello Pat :)
[10:02] You: so that new citizens can learn how to build their own houses
[10:02] You: ok
[10:03] You: 9. Roman Textures WG - discussion point: texture shop in LA
[10:03] You: last week
[10:03] You: i introduced this question of the guild buying a small plot in LA and selling textures
[10:03] Sudane Erato: pros and cons
[10:03] You: we didn't reach any conclusion back then
[10:03] You: as compared to ther possibilities
[10:04] You: like giving the citizens a non-transfer pack of textures
[10:04] You: etc
[10:04] You: this question is important because of a technical issue
[10:05] You: IF we are going to sell Guild textures to everyone, then the textures must not be uploaded in locus amoenus
[10:05] You: but on a gov linden sim
[10:05] You: or with time, we'll get a lot of lag
[10:05] You: IF the textures are to be given non-transfer to citizens, then they must be uploaded in Locus Amoenus, since then they will be in the sim cache and rezz quicker
[10:06] Sudane Erato: i don't like the no transfer option
[10:06] Symo Kurka: and what happens if we sell them in slexchange?
[10:06] You: Symo, same thing
[10:07] You: they will have to be uploaded somewhere
[10:07] Rose Springvale: why don't you like no transfer symo?
[10:07] You: if you sell them in slexchange
[10:07] You: you run the risk of having multiple copies of the same door, say, in locus amoenus
[10:07] You: consuming cache and resources
[10:07] Sudane Erato: its me that doesn't like no trans
[10:07] Rose Springvale: oh, sorry,
[10:07] Rose Springvale: why not?
[10:07] Sudane Erato: you can't download them for photoshop work
[10:08] Sudane Erato: and you can't put them in texture pickers
[10:08] You: well, download them for photoshop work is easily bendable
[10:08] Rose Springvale: hmm
[10:08] You: you just do a print screen of the texture... analogue hole
[10:08] Rose Springvale: u
[10:08] Rose Springvale: um
[10:08] Sudane Erato: but that would convert them to "transfer"
[10:09] Rose Springvale: as a lawyer...
[10:09] Rose Springvale: i must caustion the guild from such .. um...
[10:09] Rose Springvale: percieveed bending of the rules :)
[10:09] Rose Springvale: and suggest that it's a copyright violation :)
[10:09] You: look at my point of view
[10:09] Sudane Erato: who bends the rules??? :)
[10:09] You: i have done already dozens of textures for LA
[10:09] You: but i did them for LA and for the Guild
[10:10] You: not to enter the ever-grpowing world of freebies
[10:10] Sudane Erato: well, if you go to a texture store
[10:10] You: i am sorry, but try to understand my position
[10:10] Sudane Erato: all texs are transfer/Copy/mod
[10:10] You: i am a professional texturizer
[10:11] Sudane Erato: i understand moon... but
[10:11] Sudane Erato: this is the filed out there
[10:11] Sudane Erato: *field
[10:11] Sudane Erato: all textures foor sale are transfer
[10:11] You: if only we could digimark them
[10:11] Rose Springvale: that's why a lot of people don't sell their textrues though. let me see if i can get satir here
[10:11] You: i could be a bit more happy about it
[10:12] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:12] You: but you know how much a texture i create is charged to a professional client
[10:12] Sudane Erato: TRU is absolutely frantic about copyright issues
[10:12] Sudane Erato: but every tex there is transfer
[10:12] You: well, what do they expect?
[10:12] Rose Springvale: hey Satir!
[10:12] Satir DeCuir: hii rooose
[10:13] You: if you allow people to transform your product into a freebie, and alter it slightly
[10:13] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[10:13] You: hi Satir welcome :)
[10:13] Rose Springvale: i just coped the last bit of our conversation to you Satir
[10:13] Rose Springvale: talking about creating textures for the new sim
[10:13] You: this meeting is transcripted and touch the blue box for agenda
[10:13] Rose Springvale: though your expertise would be helpful.. :)
[10:13] Rose Springvale: thought*
[10:14] Rose Springvale: and you can even sit down :)
[10:14] You: i'll try to explain very briefly our issue
[10:14] You: our issue is that to ensure a certain quality in our new sim
[10:14] You: three people are making textures
[10:14] You: which are 'official' textures
[10:14] You: our problem is one of distribution
[10:14] You: shall we make a shop?
[10:15] You: shall we give them to each citizen?
[10:15] You: and there's a side issue too
[10:15] You: which i am raising as aprofessional texturizer
[10:15] Satir DeCuir: who are making textuuures?
[10:15] Rose Springvale: CDS people
[10:15] You: which is, i don't want my textures to become freebies
[10:15] Satir DeCuir: I know
[10:15] You: and would prefer a solution no-transfer
[10:16] Satir DeCuir: but someone said 3 people were making no?
[10:16] Rose Springvale: other people too.. Jon, Arria, etc
[10:16] You: yes, myself, Jon and Arria
[10:16] Satir DeCuir: so they are making and doesnt know what perms they will be asked to give later
[10:16] Rose Springvale: that's the question we are talking over
[10:16] Satir DeCuir: sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
[10:16] Sudane Erato: we are trying to decide which perms
[10:16] You: yes
[10:16] Satir DeCuir: lol
[10:16] Rose Springvale: satir
[10:16] You: not to mention that
[10:16] Rose Springvale: you mark some of yours with copyright.. how do you do that?
[10:17] Satir DeCuir: well some I wrote on it
[10:17] Satir DeCuir: lol
[10:17] You: i am using some commercial galleries i own which forbid the re-distribution of the original samples
[10:17] You: i generally, as a matter of routine, always do derivative work over a texture
[10:17] Rose Springvale: ah, so it's not a digimark system? just part of the texture?
[10:17] Satir DeCuir: and offset the texture on the prim, some have like watermark, more efficient, it can be any mark u put , "invisible" to people that doesnt know but u can show it somehow if u need
[10:17] Symo Kurka: as far as i know atm you have legal protection but you do NOT have any reliable technical protection
[10:18] You: ah, but Satir
[10:18] You: you do that because you sell the houses ready
[10:18] Sudane Erato: a watermark on the edge you can slice off
[10:18] Satir DeCuir: yes
[10:18] You: so you rely on the fact
[10:18] Rose Springvale thinks sudane knows lots of tricks....
[10:18] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:18] You: that people won't go offseting the margins to see if there's anything there
[10:18] Satir DeCuir: too many !
[10:18] Satir DeCuir: lol
[10:18] You: while we will be selling THE texture
[10:18] Sudane Erato: no... I am a PS dummy :)
[10:19] You: and if all perms, well, people just photoshop the mark away
[10:19] Satir DeCuir: ok , now, maybe a solution
[10:19] Satir DeCuir: "public" textures will be used for...? roads, walls?
[10:19] Sudane Erato: also houses
[10:19] Satir DeCuir: poo
[10:19] You: yes, but those are in possession of teh Guild builders, so no problem there
[10:19] You: the issue is that each dweller will build his/her house
[10:20] Satir DeCuir: Id say to , like, give prims with the textures applied already, copy/mod, but....for houses would make it difficult
[10:20] You: or hire builders to do so
[10:20] You: hmmm
[10:21] You: that would need a duplication of prims when building
[10:21] Rose Springvale: copy mod prims though.. hmmm
[10:21] Satir DeCuir: yes but with copy/mod of the prims could work
[10:21] Sudane Erato: so maybe the texture bank will just have to be privately distributed
[10:21] Rose Springvale: we set up a prim store instead of texture store?
[10:21] You: yes, but you'd have to have outside walls and inside walls, etc
[10:21] Symo Kurka: textured walls...
[10:22] Sudane Erato: yeah... a waste
[10:22] Satir DeCuir: yes for complex houses would be more complicated
[10:22] You: yes Sudane
[10:22] You: but what guarantees to me
[10:22] Sudane Erato: so we don't hand them out
[10:22] You: that the citizen to whom i give a pack of all-perms textures
[10:22] Satir DeCuir: but well depending, if it was a city wall for exemple? I guess most people would even like a copy/mod already built slice of wall to "mount" like lego lol
[10:22] Satir DeCuir: or roads
[10:22] You: doesn't go spreading them around, or even worse, selling them?!
[10:22] Rose Springvale: how about
[10:23] Rose Springvale: no transfer packs to citizens
[10:23] Symo Kurka: there is NO yechnical guarantee
[10:23] Rose Springvale: sigh
[10:23] Symo Kurka: *technical
[10:23] Rose Springvale: you ar right
[10:23] You: none without a true digimarking system
[10:23] Satir DeCuir: and u will never know cause he will use an alt, and also LL will say its full perm and its in your name as creator so "why did u give full perm"
[10:23] Cindy Ecksol: how about a contract? still no guarantee, but the fact that we ask for a contract might work for most.
[10:23] Satir DeCuir: then in that case digimark would only worth if u go legal in rl... that no one will anyway :\
[10:24] Symo Kurka: or just a WARNIBG to make ppl know which are the law restrictions
[10:24] You: no Satir
[10:24] You: you can fill a DMCA
[10:24] Symo Kurka: *Warning
[10:24] You: and they will have to remove content
[10:24] Cindy Ecksol: sure, something like that would work moon....
[10:24] You: i am sorry
[10:24] You: but i am just not willing that my work
[10:24] You: which is valuable
[10:25] Symo Kurka: Moon
[10:25] You: become freebie or sold by other people
[10:25] Cindy Ecksol: at least partly: if would not stop those textures from getting out or retrieve them (except via DMCA) if they did....but might be a deterrent
[10:25] Symo Kurka: all publishers are facing this problem
[10:25] You: and i don't care a fig if people can't put the textures in texture pickers, sorry Sudane
[10:25] Symo Kurka: and the only solution is
[10:25] Rose Springvale: dmca is not a great solution for anyone
[10:25] Symo Kurka: 1. respect laws,
[10:25] Sudane Erato: Moon... then we should not have a "give-away" pack
[10:25] Symo Kurka: 2. track ppl to see if they do respect law
[10:26] Sudane Erato: just share with specific builders
[10:26] You: but we can't do that
[10:26] Cindy Ecksol: lol! well, CDS IS an experiment to see if people are willing to abide by soemthing other than what the code will allow them to do....
[10:26] You: that means building the WHOLE sim
[10:26] Rose Springvale: or
[10:26] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:26] Cindy Ecksol: perhaps we should include this discussion in the concept too...
[10:26] Rose Springvale: they get their textures elsewhere
[10:26] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:26] Rose Springvale: which is really how most do it
[10:26] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:26] Rose Springvale: i don't know about CN
[10:27] Rose Springvale: but i didn't use anything distributed
[10:27] You: but then we can't control quality from the beginning
[10:27] Sudane Erato: well... sure, we have the BAC
[10:27] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:27] Sudane Erato: or we will have...
[10:27] You: of course we can't be fundamentalist and say' thou shalt only use Official textures'
[10:27] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:27] Symo Kurka: quality control si not (only) a technical matter
[10:28] You: but we were hoping that with the existence of an official pack, people would be more keen to use high quality textures and less freebie ones, which also lag the sim a lot
[10:28] Sudane Erato: yeah
[10:28] Rose Springvale: sigh, looks like we have to make soem decisions
[10:28] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:29] Sudane Erato: well... then go with Moon's suggestions
[10:29] Satir DeCuir: why would it be so important to have free for cizitens textures?
[10:29] Rose Springvale: so they would use them Satir
[10:29] Rose Springvale: and make the sim prettier?
[10:29] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:29] You: because this sim will be built by the owners of the plots
[10:29] Cindy Ecksol: yes..dn lelagg-y
[10:29] Cindy Ecksol: less lagg-y
[10:29] You: soto try and control a bit the chaos, we felt it important to have a choice of good textures at hand
[10:30] You: hi Jamie :)
[10:30] Rose Springvale: well
[10:30] Sudane Erato: maybe require citizenship before we give away a n transfer parck of texs
[10:30] Satir DeCuir: each land owner will build his correspondent public piece?
[10:30] Rose Springvale: here is my thought
[10:30] Brian Livingston: Hmm, If the textures are free or subsidized in any way, I don't see an issue in havign them no transfer. It seems a fair compromise. OR are we considering sellign them at full rpice?
[10:30] Jamie Palisades: Hi all,just stopping in for a sec
[10:30] Patroklus Murakami: hi jamie :)
[10:30] Rose Springvale: if someone gets a no transfer texture
[10:30] Brian Livingston waves to Jamie
[10:30] You: no
[10:30] Rose Springvale: they are probably not looking to adapt in psp
[10:30] Rose Springvale: so i'd rather do no tran
[10:31] Rose Springvale: and if they have the skill for more, they will make their own?
[10:31] You: the price would be symbolic, with 1L or so reverting to the Guild and the rest to the builder
[10:31] Brian Livingston: And if they were, chances are they have thjeir own sources for base textures
[10:31] You: they can't be sold by their real price, at least mine
[10:31] Cindy Ecksol: can't stay away from us, eh Jamie
[10:31] You decline Procedure for Objects in Langauge Lab - from A group member named Ami Champion.
[10:32] Cindy Ecksol: I like the no transfer idea too....
[10:32] You: i tend to agree with Rose and Brian
[10:33] You: i suggest this
[10:33] You: let's give it a week more for thinking on this
[10:33] You: and vote the issue next meeting
[10:33] Sudane Erato: kk
[10:34] You: what do you say?
[10:34] Patroklus Murakami: sound sensible
[10:34] Patroklus Murakami: *sounds
[10:34] Rose Springvale: i think i can wait that long....
[10:34] You: :)
[10:34] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:34] You: lol
[10:34] You: ok
[10:34] You: next point
[10:35] You: 10. Governmental Spaces Re-organization WG.
[10:35] You: Brian
[10:35] Brian Livingston: Hi :)
[10:35] Brian Livingston: First off: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcjmkdmz_13gjs6vxcm
[10:35] You: oops, sorry Cindy, i skipped your point, we will do it next
[10:35] Brian Livingston: That is a hmm... tentative copy of the report the workgroup is working on
[10:35] Cindy Ecksol: np
[10:35] Rose Springvale: wow brian, nice!
[10:36] You decline Procedure for Objects in Langauge Lab - from A group member named Ami Champion.
[10:36] Brian Livingston: If you look through it, the first section is asurvey of the public spaces i nteh CDS
[10:36] Brian Livingston: Second section is a copy of the survey we crafted and the responses we've gotten back so far (nudge nudge Jamie)
[10:37] Brian Livingston: And the third section si the part that the citizens at large will write, or at least shape.
[10:37] Brian Livingston: That is where we sythesize this information and the thoughts and desires of the communtiy into a workable set of recommendations
[10:37] Brian Livingston: Something I hope to gather in a least one, but preferably two publci meetings
[10:38] Sudane Erato: great survey
[10:38] Sudane Erato: and good suggestions
[10:39] Brian Livingston: Hmmm, so that is where the workgroup stands presently. I am thinkign that at least oen meetign will be this week. There is a decent cahnce i will be out of town i nthe later half of the week, but I'll ahve a time by the end of today on the forums
[10:39] Sudane Erato: although, i think the Schloss should have its own separate study
[10:39] You: how so?
[10:39] Brian Livingston: And I would certainly encourage anyone to either coem to the meeting with their suggestions or feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
[10:40] Brian Livingston: Of that, did we have a study from the work Tan was doing with the Schloss?
[10:41] Sudane Erato: ok?
[10:41] You: yhe work was published in a wiki
[10:41] You: but i don't have the link
[10:41] You: IM Arria on that, because she helped on that too
[10:41] Brian Livingston: Will do.
[10:42] Brian Livingston: Anyways, that's all I have at this point. I'd be happy to address any questions if there are any, otherwise, thanks for your time
[10:42] Rose Springvale: great work Brian
[10:42] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:42] You: well, this is a very well done work Brian
[10:42] Jamie Palisades: go bunnyman! :)
[10:42] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:43] You: i think from here we can prepare the said meetings
[10:43] Brian Livingston: Well, Moon, don't be shy. You did help out a *lot* as well :p
[10:43] You: in the sense that people will be able to discuss the matter in an informed way
[10:43] Cindy Ecksol: sorry, all but I must go....RL calls!
[10:43] Brian Livingston: Bye Cindy
[10:43] Rose Springvale: bye cindy!
[10:43] You: ehehe, i just counted some prims here and there
[10:44] Satir DeCuir: bye cindyyy
[10:44] You: bye Cindy , and thanks :)
[10:44] You: but i agree withe the public discussion now of the options
[10:44] You: with*
[10:44] Jamie Palisades smiles, waves at Her Honourableness
[10:44] You: and i agree that one or two meetings will suffice
[10:45] Brian Livingston: Tenetively, I am thinking Tuesday mid-afternoon SLT, perhaps 4 pm?
[10:45] You: ok by me
[10:45] You: please post it on the forum
[10:45] Sudane Erato: Moon, also, we will need a diff time for NG mtgs
[10:45] Brian Livingston: Will do.
[10:45] Symo Kurka: Guys have to go too
[10:45] You: and if you send me an IM with due notice i'll send a notice to the CDS group
[10:46] You: ok Symo, thanks for showing by
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: oh can I mention something regarding textures thing back?
[10:46] You: sure Satir
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: ok
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: well I dont know if u noticed, but after the new viewer update
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: if u apply a texture no mod no transf to a prim
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: u can
[10:46] Satir DeCuir: it just goes to the content of the prim
[10:47] Satir DeCuir: and if u delete the content, the prim goes back to plywood
[10:47] Satir DeCuir: I think before u couldnt even aply no mod right?
[10:47] You: i think so, but i seldom use textures not made by me
[10:47] You: myself*
[10:47] Satir DeCuir: yes , thats why I asked rose to give me one with those perms off lol
[10:48] Satir DeCuir: so wouldnt it be ok for people have no mod/no transf?
[10:48] Sudane Erato: kk... must go... bye all :)
[10:48] Satir DeCuir: byeee
[10:48] You: i think i'll have to run tests on that Satir
[10:48] Rose Springvale: by sudane
[10:48] You: bye and thanks Sudane :)
[10:48] Satir DeCuir: yes do some test,
[10:48] Jamie Palisades: Ta Su
[10:48] You: i will
[10:48] Jamie Palisades: says you
[10:48] You: during this week
[10:49] Jamie Palisades: :)
[10:49] You: and will report the tests next week
[10:49] You: ok
[10:49] You: 8. CDS Information Centre WG.
[10:49] You: This group is now chaired by Cindy
[10:49] You: and she has asked me to propose to you
[10:50] You: that this group meets in the 8 AM slot on sundays, that is, one hour before Guild
[10:50] Rose Springvale: i replied on the wg notes
[10:50] You: work has been lagging a bit on that wg
[10:51] Rose Springvale: i dont' mind so much in september.. but i dont' really think we'll get a lot more paricipation in august.. with the schedules we all have
[10:51] Jamie Palisades: sorry for the dumd questino - but that is the physical Platz space?
[10:51] You: and she feels - and i concur - that a scheduled event will help the project along
[10:51] You: no Jamie
[10:51] You: the Infocentre will be something similar to that Locus Amoenus Ad booth
[10:52] You: that will have a link to the calendar, to the portal, place for people to post signs in it, etc
[10:52] You: it will replace the Tourism centre
[10:52] You: and can be used not only at all our sims
[10:52] You: but also at things like SL5B, etc
[10:52] You: only place it can't be used is at Anzere
[10:53] You: because of teh no-script limitation
[10:53] Jamie Palisades: ahhh
[10:53] You: and later on, in the fall
[10:53] Jamie Palisades: thx
[10:53] Satir DeCuir: ugh im sorry people , need to go :(
[10:53] You: we will look more closely at that Anzere question
[10:53] Rose Springvale: thanks for coming over satir.
[10:53] You: ok, thanks Satir!
[10:53] Satir DeCuir: yw! bybye all!
[10:53] You: bye!
[10:53] Jamie Palisades: ta :)
[10:54] You: ok
[10:54] You: only thing left
[10:54] You: any other business?
[10:55] You: then i move to adjourn
[10:55] Rose Springvale: thanks moon
[10:55] Rose Springvale: congrats again :)
[10:55] You: thank you all :)

Eudaimonia now!
Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:29 am

27th July 2008 Summary of Board Guild Meeting

Post by Rose Springvale »

Meeting Summary, July 27 2008 9:12 am

1. Election of Guild Secretary. Moon Adamant was nominated and unanimously elected as Secretary of the Guild.

2 Confirmation of nominations of Sudane Erato as Head of Financial Department and Rose Springvale as head of Admin/Agent Department. Unanimously confirmed.

3. Texture and Content Theft (discussion tabled but revisited later in meeting under Roman Textures)

4. School spaces remodeling. Members reminded to see the exhibit on roman architecture on display.

5. Altenstadt conclusion. Textures repaired and linked on roads, and request delivered to Chancellor and RA for permission to begin sales. No reply at meeting time. Discussion availability of fachwerk designers and publicity re same. Decision to provide a sign with names at location.

6. Lapis Niger Ceremony. Presently planned for August 19. Members encouraged to think about costumes and objects to place in the mundus hole. (should be something from your "country") Further discusson of temples to be built.

7. Building Approval Committee WG. Tabled pending Faculty approval.

8. Roman Textures WG Discussion of texture shop and permissions. Lengthy discussion to be continued next week.

9. Governmental Spaces Re-organization WG. Report. Link to the preliminary report given (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcjmkdmz_13gjs6vxcm). Brian announced that public meetings will be held to complete survey. Members encouraged to attend.

10. CDS Information Centre WG. Proposed meeting of group, time to be announced.

Meeting adjourned, 10:55 am

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”