Discussion of Public Spaces WG Draft Report

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Discussion of Public Spaces WG Draft Report

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Instead of emailing comments to Brian, I thought I'd post them.

I was wondering what the recommendations are suggesting for the Rathaus. Is the WG suggesting to demolish and replace it, an inside retrofit, or something in between?

The basis for the question is historical. Although the Rathaus is not the original (and even the first Rathaus replaced an earlier Senate building, I think) It is one of the oldest builds in CDS. In addition to hosting most of the legislative back and forth of the last several years, It was the location of the public meeting at which a name change was essentially agreed to.

I'm probably just being nostalgic, but I'd like there to be some builds to point to when talking about the history of our community.

On a second note. I read the report as recommending that the RA move permanently to the CN Praetorium, along with the exec. I certainly pick up the vibe that this would make CN the de facto center of CDS government.

As a long time NFS resident, I worry that in our brave new world of double prim lots, NFS will become, especially with most official meetings moving out, the "abandoned inner city" of CDS. Of course that may be inevitable given the SL penchant for the novel and that things become old and staid long before they become old and quaint.

Your resident curmudgeon.

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Discussion of Public Spaces WG Draft Report

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

I happen to agree with you, Claude. I myself moved out of NFS, but that was more due to 'supporting the new sim' (as well as 'I'd like to be able to build whatever I like', admittedly), but NFS is still of sentimental importance to me.

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

I am also fond of NFS, but if the Rathaus can be rebuilt to have the same look and feel with fewer prims and correctly set permissions, as Martha Steward would say: "it's a good thing".

The RA has been alternating meetings between Rathaus and the Praetorium, in part to ensure that citizens in both sims would not feel slighted. Maybe we need a meeting in the Monastery once in a while.

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

if the Rathaus can be rebuilt to have the same look and feel with fewer prims and correctly set permissions, as Martha Steward would say: "it's a good thing".

Of course. That's one reason I was hoping for some clarification on what "rebuild" meant in the draft report. While, on the whole, I think it's good to move meetings among sims, At some point putting a meeting space big enough to handle the RA in every sim we build becomes unnecessary duplication

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

for what its worth: the RA in fact did meet in the monestary one time and its size made it difficult to cam around and be comfortable with the number of people we needed in there so we didnt ever meet there again. Maybe we need a nice public space in Alpine Meadow that is large enough for meetings with many people.

Cleo

Return to “General Discussion”