Board Guild Meeting 23rd Nov 2008 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 23rd Nov 2008 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[11:06] You: ok... people enough, let's start
[11:06] You: this meeting will be transcripted as usual
[11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn reads the agenda
[11:06] You: though we only have one point in agenda
[11:06] You: Winter Holidays Decorations
[11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah lol just one point — sorry Moon!
[11:06] Sonja Strom: I have one small thing too.
[11:07] Jon Seattle: Hi Sonja, Sudane, Gwyn, Arria, Timo :)
[11:07] Sudane Erato: yay! :)
[11:07] You: ok Sonja
[11:07] Sonja Strom: Hi!
[11:07] Arria Perreault: Hi Jon :-)
[11:07] Sudane Erato: hi Jon :)
[11:07] Sonja Strom: There are some "Census" signs on AM.
[11:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hi :D
[11:07] You: then please speak, maybe more people will appear
[11:07] Sonja Strom: Do we still want to have them there?
[11:07] You: Census?
[11:07] You: oh
[11:07] You: no, they can be deleted
[11:07] Sonja Strom: Yes, they are maps of AM.
[11:07] Sonja Strom: ok, thanks!
[11:08] Arria Perreault: in the Monastery too?
[11:08] Sonja Strom: I'm done with that part.
[11:08] You: yes
[11:08] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:08] Sonja Strom: I did not see one in the Monastery.
[11:08] You: the results of teh census have been published already and all that
[11:08] Sonja Strom: Only along the path.
[11:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yay
[11:08] Sonja Strom: :-)
[11:08] You: ah, btw, a small announcement
[11:08] You: Brian, as you know, has been leading the Gov Spaces WG
[11:09] You: we are ready to issue a report
[11:09] You: but he has been putting out some material out of it in the praetorium gardens for public awareness
[11:09] You: so when you chance to pass by, have a look
[11:09] Sudane Erato: great!
[11:10] You: hi Ulysse
[11:10] Ulysse Alexandre: hello everybody
[11:10] You: ok, so
[11:10] Jon Seattle: Hi Ulysse :)
[11:10] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[11:10] You: Winter Decorations
[11:10] You: first of all
[11:10] You: let me remind you all to please turn your trees into winter trees
[11:11] You: in your parcels
[11:11] Sudane Erato: yes!!
[11:11] Arria Perreault: and the olive trees in LA ? ;-)
[11:11] You: also, there is something about trees that glow in the dark, i think Jamie has something to say about that too :)
[11:11] You: those can stay ;)
[11:11] Sudane Erato: turn off Fullbright!!
[11:12] Sudane Erato: that is why they glow
[11:12] You: next
[11:12] Sonja Strom: yes, when I was taking a fall bush away I saw it was glowing
[11:12] You: there will be a decoration contest involving owls
[11:12] Sonja Strom: I took off the fullbright and it looked a lot more natural.
[11:12] Sonja Strom: Sorry, next season...
[11:12] Sonja Strom: Sorry, next season...
[11:12] Sonja Strom: Sorry, next season...
[11:12] Sudane Erato: always turn off fullbright
[11:12] Sonja Strom: up, lagg
[11:12] You: but i won't say anymore becaus ei am leaving that for the Executive to launch tonight :)
[11:13] Gwyneth Llewelyn apologises but I've crashed...
[11:13] You: ok, winter decors proper now
[11:13] You: we have decided in previous meeting
[11:13] You: to have two themes
[11:13] You: stars for the alpine sims
[11:13] You: suns for the roman themes
[11:14] Timo Gufler: excuseme, what are these stars?
[11:14] You: i made a few standard decorations, which you may have seen already
[11:14] You: Timo, just... stars
[11:14] Timo Gufler: :)
[11:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[11:14] You: we decided on those two themes because they're non-confessional
[11:15] Timo Gufler: ok
[11:15] Jon Seattle: that was weird!
[11:15] You: so, we now need volunteers to help us decorate the streets of the sims
[11:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (you crashed too, Jon?)
[11:15] Timo Gufler: (I too)
[11:15] Sonja Strom: I had bad lagg at that same moment.
[11:15] You: there are two main types
[11:16] Arria Perreault: I will decorate the fountain in our house in LA with solar them and I would like to gave the wonderful lamps
[11:16] Arria Perreault: I will also decorate the Monastery with stars
[11:16] You: vertical decorations to be used with lamp poles (the Sun-themed one has its own pole as the roman sims don't have public illumination)
[11:16] Jon Seattle: yes, suddenly crashed, and when I logged back in it sent me to another place!
[11:17] You: and horizontal bands to be passed along the streets
[11:17] You: so i am going to hand around the pack now to whoever is interested
[11:17] Sudane Erato: great!..
[11:17] Sudane Erato: i am
[11:18] Sudane Erato accepted your inventory offer.
[11:18] You: also
[11:18] You: these aren't exclusive
[11:18] You: if you feel like creating your own decorations around the two themes, please do
[11:19] You: it will only make the sims richer
[11:19] You: these are just a leg up
[11:19] You: er
[11:19] You: why do we keep losing public?
[11:19] Sudane Erato: Timo crashed again
[11:20] Ulysse Alexandre: Seems that there's some problem with SL
[11:20] Sudane Erato: yeah
[11:20] Jon Seattle: Yes, I get that impression
[11:20] Ulysse Alexandre: Arria can't come back
[11:20] Sudane Erato: Moon.... its Sunday!
[11:20] You: ok, i'll send Arria the pack
[11:20] You: wb Timo and Gwyn
[11:20] Timo Gufler: thanks, another crash...
[11:21] Sudane Erato: Timo, you are still showing off line :(
[11:21] Arria Perreault accepted your inventory offer.
[11:21] Sudane Erato: are you really here? :)
[11:21] Timo Gufler: hmm
[11:21] You: Sudane, did you get the pack?
[11:21] Timo Gufler: I think so ;)
[11:21] Sudane Erato: yes... thx
[11:21] Jon Seattle: Hi Arria :)
[11:21] You: ok, thanks, because it's not showing me if people are getting it
[11:21] Ulysse Alexandre: wb Arria
[11:21] You: wb Arria
[11:21] Arria Perreault: Hi Jon :-)
[11:21] Arria Perreault: ty
[11:21] You: Arria, got the pack?
[11:21] Arria Perreault: what happens in SL?
[11:21] Ulysse Alexandre: wb Sonja
[11:22] Arria Perreault: yes, I got it
[11:22] You: wb Sonja
[11:22] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hmpf, SL is so bad today...
[11:22] Sonja Strom: thx
[11:22] Arria Perreault: are the textures inside too?
[11:22] You: no, just the objects
[11:22] You: but they're mod/copy
[11:22] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:22] Sudane Erato: great :)
[11:22] Arria Perreault: they are beautiful
[11:22] You: seeing for instance that i already did a good bit of talenstrasse
[11:23] Arria Perreault: I will change the mosaic of the fountain with Helios
[11:23] You: and the bands need to be adjusted
[11:23] You: mind that the roman lamp pole is a bit prim-heavy
[11:23] Arria Perreault: btu beautiful ;-)
[11:23] Arria Perreault: but*
[11:24] You: ok, anyone else wants to volunteer?
[11:24] Sudane Erato: i'll do my best to fill in places
[11:24] You: if not, please look to your trees in your parcels - and that's already a great thing!
[11:24] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:25] Sudane Erato: and also trees in the public lands
[11:25] You: i can help you with that after the 2nd, dear
[11:27] You: ok
[11:27] You: any other business?
[11:27] Arria Perreault: I have a point for varia: the RA has asked the Guild and the Ex to make calculations to see if we can base our fees based on prims. The RA did not give a date. I have started to make some calculation myself (to make the project starting) and I have published my results in the forum: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2210
[11:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well... there was some mention of some reports for the Guild today
[11:27] Sonja Strom: I volunteer
[11:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ha.... yes, like Arria just said
[11:28] Arria Perreault: :-)
[11:28] Sonja Strom accepted your inventory offer.
[11:28] You: thanks Sonja :)
[11:28] Arria Perreault: (I will plant some trees around the Monastery)
[11:29] You: and yes Arria, i read your post on the forums and passed the link to Sudane also
[11:29] Arria Perreault: great
[11:29] You: from my experience, i must say that sometimes it's a great help to think in prims than in m2 of land
[11:30] You: i don't know though how our pay sis will deal with that
[11:30] You: sys*
[11:30] Arria Perreault: we need more homogeneity
[11:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well the point, I think, is to change it so hat the cost is related to prims...
[11:30] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:31] Timo Gufler: that sounds good
[11:31] You: not knowing how the pay sys has been programmed
[11:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[11:31] Arria Perreault: who made it?
[11:31] You: (only that it has been excellently programmed for sure by Eloise Pasteur :)
[11:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Eloise Pasteur, Arria :)
[11:31] You: i don't know how it works :)
[11:31] Sudane Erato: yes... Eloise and I developed it
[11:32] Sudane Erato: she did the code
[11:32] Timo Gufler: does anyone know if there are still those cheaper class-4(?) sims here?
[11:32] Arria Perreault: which values do you have to enter?
[11:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Sudane did the 'consulting' hehe
[11:32] Sudane Erato: Timo, yes... NFS and CN are class 4
[11:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: still???
[11:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ^^
[11:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn gasps.
[11:32] Timo Gufler: or was class-4 cheaper
[11:32] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:32] Timo Gufler: *3
[11:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: There are no class-3 anymore....
[11:33] Sudane Erato: yes... class 4 are 195/month
[11:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: just 4 and 5
[11:33] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:33] Timo Gufler: exactly
[11:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 6 to be launched 'soon'
[11:33] You: but soon to be released, class 6
[11:33] Sudane Erato: they upgraded to class 4 for free
[11:33] Arria Perreault: and the fees will change?
[11:33] You: there's a chance they may be upgraded to class 5 for free too, i hope
[11:33] Timo Gufler: does "for free" mean 195->295? :)
[11:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[11:34] You: no, Timo, means that LL didn't charge us extra to change servers
[11:34] Timo Gufler: but shall the monthly pricing change as a result of the upgrade?
[11:34] You: almost for sure,yes
[11:35] Timo Gufler: then "for free" means here increase of price :)
[11:35] You: yes, but no hmmm investment cost
[11:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah, it means, no setup costs
[11:35] Sudane Erato: what is for free?
[11:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes, no iknvestment.
[11:35] Sudane Erato: sorry
[11:35] Timo Gufler: so upgrade is free
[11:36] Arria Perreault: we just get more performance
[11:36] You: Sudane, we are discussing the possibility that LL will upgrade us to class5 when class 6 are launched
[11:36] Sudane Erato: the upgrade from 3 to 4 was for free... and there was no increase in tier
[11:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[11:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: allegedly, class-4 sims are to be 'discontinued'
[11:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: until Jan 1
[11:36] Timo Gufler: what do you expect to happen for pricing when class-6 is out?
[11:36] Sudane Erato: then we will go to the 295
[11:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn expects prices to fall again ;)
[11:36] You: yes, most surely
[11:36] Timo Gufler: but what will be price of class-6?
[11:37] Sudane Erato: so our tier will be 200 more per month
[11:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: unless Class 6 *only* have 4 CPUs/cores and not the 16 cores
[11:37] Sudane Erato: i don't know
[11:37] You: we don't know yet
[11:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: nobody knows, probably not even LL
[11:37] Sudane Erato: sorry... must go :(
[11:37] Timo Gufler: let's hope it won't be $395...
[11:37] You: thanks Sudane :)
[11:37] Sudane Erato: see you all :)
[11:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: see you later, Sudane!!!
[11:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Bye bye!
[11:37] Timo Gufler: suu you :)
[11:37] Sudane Erato: bye :)
[11:38] Ulysse Alexandre: bye Sudane
[11:38] Arria Perreault: bye bye
[11:38] You: Timo, they will upgrade us to class 5 only
[11:38] Sonja Strom: byebye
[11:38] Timo Gufler: yes
[11:38] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes, the question is really what price they'll charge us
[11:38] Timo Gufler: but if we buy new sims they will likely be class-6
[11:38] Jon Seattle: bye
[11:38] Gwyneth Llewelyn: mmmh possibly.
[11:38] You: for sure, unless we go for the used sims market
[11:38] You: BUT
[11:39] You: used class 5 will raise their price in that market
[11:39] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes...
[11:39] Arria Perreault: how much is a used sim?
[11:39] You: we have seen that happen with the changes from 3 to 4 and from 4 to 5
[11:40] You: Arria, i dunno, but the market is vvery volatile
[11:40] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:40] You: if i recall correctly
[11:40] You: on the last change
[11:41] You: second hand sims of the previous class reached 150% of their nominal value
[11:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah yes
[11:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: because of the lower tier costs!
[11:41] Timo Gufler: oh
[11:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[11:41] Arria Perreault: I will just add a remark about my proposal for calculation
[11:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ok.
[11:42] Arria Perreault: I think that for our community, it is important to have a system which allow citizen to calculate themselves the fees of their plots
[11:42] Arria Perreault: for transparency
[11:42] Timo Gufler: my opinion is that every plots for sale should have the tier fee clearly visible
[11:43] Arria Perreault: you multiply the number of your prims with the official prim price
[11:43] You: Timo, i don't know if that is technically possible
[11:43] Timo Gufler: it is
[11:43] Timo Gufler: just write it in the description of the parcel :)
[11:43] You: yes, but you see
[11:43] Jon Seattle: hmmm.. perhaps a standard CDS for-sale sign?
[11:43] You: not all land sales are centralized on Rudeen Edo
[11:44] Arria Perreault: a easy system for calculation ;-)
[11:44] Arria Perreault: so people can calculate
[11:44] Timo Gufler: so they must have calculator available...
[11:44] You: yes, using Arria's system would only imply the use of a calculator by the buyer :)
[11:45] Timo Gufler: but many buyers are lazy
[11:45] You: Timo, then it become4s a TP
[11:45] You: Their Problem
[11:46] Timo Gufler: I would say it's lose-lose situation ;)
[11:46] Timo Gufler: they lose and we lose
[11:46] You: if we move to a prim-based price system, then i would really stand up for the publication of tier per prim
[11:46] You: but i don't think we should do extra efforts for people who don't bother to get their calculator
[11:47] You: specially, when said, not all land sales are centralized on Rudeen anymore
[11:47] You: and therefore, we can't guarantee that the SELLERS publish that info
[11:47] Timo Gufler: then it's problem of the seller, not of CDS
[11:48] Arria Perreault: we can only improve the information
[11:48] Timo Gufler: since the seller continues to pay tier
[11:48] You: while we CAN publish the tier/sim on our portal
[11:48] Arria Perreault: portal, kiosks, ....
[11:48] You: in big letters
[11:48] You: exactly
[11:49] Timo Gufler: do you have ever checked how the commercial land sellers make the prices visible?
[11:49] You: i, never
[11:49] You: not my department :)
[11:50] Timo Gufler: they place tier in parcel name, in covenant, in boards, ...
[11:50] Timo Gufler: to just make it simple for the buyer
[11:50] You: well, Timo
[11:50] Arria Perreault: Timo, this would imply that each owner do that
[11:51] Arria Perreault: in CDS we don't have a unique landowner, but 70 different owners
[11:51] You: i suggest that you propose to the RA that legislation be enacted in that sense then, as part of a Better Business strategy
[11:51] You: and now, i am sorry
[11:51] You: but i must leave, i already stayed longer than i was planning
[11:51] You: so thank you all for showing by :)

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”