Inaugural Ball and Grand Tour II

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Inaugural Ball and Grand Tour II

Post by Rose Springvale »

1. We will hold the traditional Inaugural Ball at the Schloss on Feb 1, 2009, in the early slt afternoon. Count on 1 or 2 pm. Our own Rudo Gynoid has agreed to provide the music. Let us know if there is something special you want to hear... we will be playing the "Anthem" (unofficially unless the new RA adopts it that day!) and "edelweiss" by request. Others?

2. The organizers of the original Grand Tour were so happy with the event that they want to do it more often. The next weekend long party will be on February 14 and 15. I've requested two time slots for CDS, the "first" spot on Feb 14... we wont' know how early that is until the schedule is closer to completion, and noon on February 14. I would love to have input on what kind of parties/performances/events would best show off our sims. I'd love to do a ski party.. smile... and something related to Aphrodite perhaps? There will be many traditional "St Valentines Day" balls, but I think we can be more creative than that. Send me your thoughts and ideas! Events will run 90 minutes this time.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Inaugural Ball and Grand Tour II

Post by Arria Perreault »

The Monastery intends to open a small exhibition, for the time a bigger one is in preparation. It will be only in the Chapel. I will let you know the theme soon.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Thanks Arria, your exhibition on love last year was really well done. Look forward to more!
Are you suggesting the monastery as a locale for the Grand Tour stop?

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

of course :-)

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Rose did a spectacular job supporting the first Grand Tour this last autumn. We're very excited about the repeat -- it brought us publicity and good relationships with other key micro-nation estates in SL. And got us some new citizen prospects. And was tremendously fun.

Those of you who like coming to in-world events (which, I am delighted to say, includes most of our newer neighbors) should watch for this announcement. GREAT set of parties guaranteed.

Rose and I are required to make the CDS commitments this week, due to the event planning, though we are officeholders in the outgoing government. We'll keep it consistent with past practice, and in fairly good shape to turn over to the new appointees.

Regards Jamie

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

I am pleased to announce that the Monastery will open a new exhibition the 14th February, Valentine's day, with the following title:

ROMANTIC

The designer of the exhibition is Ulysse Alexandre, CSD citizen and Senator of Roma SPQR.

We hope to surprise you !

(This means also that in one or two weeks, I'll begin to clean the Monastery. If you did not yet visit the current exhibition "Second Mirror" and try some authentic SL mirrors, you have few time to do it)

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

moving this to a new thread of its own.

Return to “Events in CDS”