Board Guild Meeting 25th Jan 2009 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 25th Jan 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:14] Moon Adamant: hmmm, we have full quorum, so i suggest we start
[9:15] Rose Springvale: hehe
[9:15] Sudane Erato: yes!
[9:15] Rose Springvale: we already have!
[9:15] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:15] Moon Adamant: please touch the green box for agenda
[9:15] Rose Springvale: we are half way thru item one on the agendalol
[9:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[9:15] Moon Adamant: and do remember this meeting is transcripted
[9:15] Moon Adamant: hmmm, laggy
[9:16] Symo Kurka: Hey today click on green box does not work
[9:16] Sudane Erato: yes
[9:16] Sudane Erato: it will... eventually
[9:16] Rose Springvale pours moon coffee
[9:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[9:16] Moon Adamant: lol
[9:16] Symo Kurka: ok it works now
[9:16] Symo Kurka: SL slow
[9:16] Moon Adamant: it's very slow
[9:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: it takes a huge amount of time, yes, Symo
[9:16] Symo Kurka: sugar Moon?
[9:16] Sudane Erato: its Sunday
[9:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: *sigh*
[9:16] Moon Adamant: of course :)
[9:16] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:16] Moon Adamant: point 1
[9:16] Sudane Erato: and, remember, F Linden announced they were going to fix it
[9:17] Cindy Ecksol: new client seems fine....I am not noticing any significant lag problems using it today
[9:17] Moon Adamant: .1. Election of the Secretary of the Board
[9:17] Sudane Erato: so we KNOW it will be slow
[9:17] Moon Adamant: as you know
[9:17] Moon Adamant: our charter states that the election of the Secreatry of teh board must happen within 15 days of a CDS general election
[9:18] Moon Adamant: i have called the election last week and asked runners-up to declare their intention to run
[9:18] Moon Adamant: in a special thread in our forums
[9:18] Moon Adamant: no runners-up have appeared
[9:19] Symo Kurka: ?? really??
[9:19] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:19] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :(
[9:19] Moon Adamant: but i will stil ask amongst the present if there is anyone willing to run for the role?
[9:19] Sudane Erato: besides Moon
[9:19] Cindy Ecksol: in the absence of other candidates, I move that we declare moon secy by acclamation
[9:20] Sudane Erato: second
[9:20] Moon Adamant: er
[9:20] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[9:20] Lilith Ivory smiles
[9:20] Gwyneth Llewelyn: sneaky, Cindy ;)
[9:20] Moon Adamant: i still think we must hold a vote :)
[9:20] Rose Springvale: all in favor?
[9:20] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye !
[9:20] Sudane Erato: aye!
[9:20] Rose Springvale: smile aye!
[9:20] Lilith Ivory: aye
[9:20] Symo Kurka: I have to warn you Moon, it will be a tough term
[9:20] Pip Torok: aye
[9:20] Sudane Erato: lol
[9:20] Timo Gufler: aye
[9:20] Moon Adamant: sighs
[9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn smiles
[9:21] Symo Kurka: you'll have a hostile LRA and a HUGE amount og job to do
[9:21] Sudane Erato: :)
[9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: haha
[9:21] Moon Adamant: Symo :))
[9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and we haven't seen who will be the Exec....
[9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[9:21] Moon Adamant: we can always organize a mudfight :)
[9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aha yes
[9:21] Symo Kurka: lol
[9:21] Sudane Erato: yes!! :)
[9:21] Moon Adamant: ok, anyone missing to vote?
[9:22] Rose Springvale: you
[9:22] Symo Kurka: use a bit more that arena
[9:22] Moon Adamant: ah, i abstain
[9:22] Cindy Ecksol: oooh, mudfight!
[9:22] Moon Adamant: motion carries
[9:22] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[9:22] Rose Springvale: congratulations!
[9:22] Symo Kurka: I abstain too, I did not vote
[9:22] Rose Springvale: oh
[9:22] Rose Springvale: symo you just harrassed :)
[9:22] Moon Adamant: well, you can vote Symo
[9:22] Pip Torok: congratulations!
[9:22] Gwyneth Llewelyn applauds
[9:22] Moon Adamant: well
[9:22] Lilith Ivory: congrats :)
[9:22] Moon Adamant: thanks everyone
[9:22] Moon Adamant: once again
[9:23] Symo Kurka: i prefer not to mix up roles, i'll try to follow your meetings but i will not vote
[9:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[9:23] Moon Adamant: we will try to carry on doing our best work here at the Guild
[9:23] Timo Gufler: good
[9:23] Moon Adamant: we have ongoing projects and new work to do for this term
[9:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Aye, Ms Secretary ;)
[9:24] Moon Adamant: but i feel certain that we all can do them perfectly
[9:24] Sudane Erato: yes!
[9:24] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:24] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[9:24] Moon Adamant: point 2
[9:24] Moon Adamant: 2. Election of the Chair of Faculty
[9:24] Moon Adamant: members of teh Faculty present?
[9:24] Moon Adamant: looks around
[9:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn looks around too
[9:25] Pip Torok: (faculty?)
[9:25] Rose Springvale: symo, sudane, you, gwyn?
[9:25] Moon Adamant: Gwyn isn't
[9:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn: not me!
[9:25] Rose Springvale: then jst the thre of you
[9:25] Moon Adamant: and i don't hold a vote
[9:25] Rose Springvale: just, three *
[9:25] Sudane Erato: i wish we had a clearer definition of faculty
[9:25] Rose Springvale: um sudane?
[9:25] Symo Kurka: hmm i suppose i am in it, not sure though
[9:25] Rose Springvale: i dont' think symo can do it
[9:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn: even clearer?
[9:25] Moon Adamant: so i don't think we have quorum
[9:26] Sudane Erato: yes
[9:26] Symo Kurka: no i SURELY cannot
[9:26] Timo Gufler: isn't it defined somewhere?
[9:26] Sudane Erato: why is not everyone faculty... who wishes to be?
[9:26] Sudane Erato: and who can contribute something
[9:26] Pip Torok: what exactly _is_ faculty?
[9:27] Sudane Erato: thats my question too
[9:27] Moon Adamant: ok, let me answer Pip first
[9:27] Moon Adamant: from our charter
[9:27] Moon Adamant: 2. The Faculty

1.The Faculty is a self-appointed meritocratic body, whose members have shown competence in the development of content and/or providing education.
[9:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: example: jon, who does his Builder's Gymnasium classes
[9:28] Moon Adamant: exactly
[9:28] Pip Torok: ah!
[9:28] Rose Springvale: it used to be active and helpful
[9:28] Rose Springvale: but seems to depend on the whims of its chair
[9:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: like most things, Rose dear :)
[9:28] Moon Adamant: the Faculty has kept a very open attitude and has voted in several members due to excellence of work done
[9:28] Moon Adamant: in board projects
[9:28] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:29] Rose Springvale: who is on the faculty?
[9:29] Symo Kurka: Educational projects don't seem to be very popular in CDS
[9:29] Moon Adamant: ah, always that question lol
[9:29] Moon Adamant: let me see
[9:29] Rose Springvale: i've asked for eduational projects as pio, specifically three times and they are never done
[9:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: just Jon...
[9:30] Moon Adamant: hmmm, don't have tim eto go looking in teh forums
[9:30] Symo Kurka: how many students did Jon have?
[9:30] Sudane Erato: thats why we elect a new chairperson
[9:30] Rose Springvale: i remember brian, alexicon
[9:30] Moon Adamant: but members are Arria, symo, Jon, Sudane, Dnate, Brian, Alexicon
[9:30] Moon Adamant: i am sure i am forgetting someone here
[9:31] Sudane Erato: yes, you
[9:31] Moon Adamant: and myself, but as Secretary of the Board i hold no vote
[9:31] Moon Adamant: and thus we have a problem today
[9:31] Timo Gufler: the portal says also Samatha Fuller
[9:31] Moon Adamant: since we don't have minimal quorum
[9:31] Moon Adamant: ah, yes, Sam indeed
[9:31] Rose Springvale: wait
[9:32] Rose Springvale: do WE vote the faculty chair, or does faculty
[9:32] Sudane Erato: and Timo should be faculty, since he has contributed valuable programming
[9:32] Rose Springvale: we have a quorum
[9:32] Moon Adamant: faculty does
[9:32] Timo Gufler: eh
[9:32] Rose Springvale: then why on our agenda?
[9:32] Moon Adamant: no, but the election is internal to faculty, thus i asked for the faculty members present
[9:32] Moon Adamant: because Arria scheduled the election for this date as well
[9:33] Moon Adamant: and i can conduct the election process
[9:33] Rose Springvale: ah, so.. she's not here
[9:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :(
[9:33] Moon Adamant: but just can't vote
[9:33] Rose Springvale: shole we dissolve the faculty?
[9:33] Rose Springvale: should
[9:33] Sudane Erato: can we consider ammending things, to enable the chair to be a non-faculty?
[9:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: noooo
[9:33] Sudane Erato: because... the chair needs to be an organizer
[9:33] Moon Adamant: i would prefer to keep the Faculty as a check on the Secretary of teh Board
[9:34] Cindy Ecksol: but moon...if the faculty never meets.....?
[9:34] Rose Springvale: i would rather it be a subcommittee
[9:34] Rose Springvale: and keep the guild less elite
[9:34] Moon Adamant: well, hmmm
[9:34] Rose Springvale: because if I feel jilted, i'm sure others do too
[9:34] Moon Adamant: this board is sovereign
[9:34] Rose Springvale: and there appear to be no standards
[9:35] Sudane Erato: you were jilted?
[9:35] Moon Adamant: and can ammend our charter, provided it is voted again by the RA
[9:35] Rose Springvale: no, i feel jilted
[9:35] Rose Springvale: have never been invited into the club
[9:35] Moon Adamant: i have read the forums too and heard similar suggestions
[9:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: awwweee
[9:35] Sudane Erato: thats why it needs repair
[9:35] Moon Adamant: what i would suggest
[9:36] Symo Kurka does not find "jilted" in Oxford Dictinary
[9:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol
[9:36] Rose Springvale: hmm
[9:36] Sudane Erato: if the club is compsoed of people who have displayed compency... then it should include all who have contributed
[9:36] Rose Springvale: to be left out
[9:36] Moon Adamant: is that we open discussion on the role of Faculty, but elect a Chair if possible on the next meeting
[9:36] Timo Gufler: symo: jilted, rejected, spurned
[9:36] Timo Gufler: (from dictionary)
[9:37] Moon Adamant: i can open a thread on the issue at the Guild's forum
[9:37] Moon Adamant: but i maintain that i like the check and balance system
[9:37] Moon Adamant: even if the Faculty hasn't met of late
[9:38] Moon Adamant: so what do you say?
[9:38] Pip Torok: i agree with Moon
[9:38] Symo Kurka: Yes open a thread resuming Faculty's goals and seeing if we can update
[9:39] Moon Adamant: if all agree, i will then
[9:39] Moon Adamant: and i move that the election of teh Faculty Chair is adjourned to next week
[9:40] Moon Adamant: seeing we don't have quorum 40 minutes after the convocation
[9:40] Moon Adamant: anyone seconds?
[9:40] Pip Torok: second
[9:40] Sudane Erato: second
[9:40] Symo Kurka: second
[9:40] Moon Adamant: ok, all agreeing then
[9:40] Pip Torok: aye
[9:41] Sudane Erato: aye
[9:41] Rose Springvale: abstain
[9:41] Timo Gufler: aye
[9:41] Moon Adamant: in establishing a dedicated thread to the role of the Faculty and adjourning the Chair election to next week, please say aye
[9:41] Timo Gufler: aye
[9:41] Lilith Ivory: aye
[9:42] Pip Torok: aye
[9:42] Symo Kurka: i substantially agree but dio not vote
[9:42] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[9:43] Moon Adamant: Gwyn is away...
[9:43] Moon Adamant: i will vote and she can state her vote later for teh record
[9:43] Moon Adamant: aye
[9:43] Moon Adamant: motion carries
[9:44] Moon Adamant: i will also try personally by mail that we have a faculty quorum here next week
[9:44] Rose Springvale: may i say something?
[9:44] Moon Adamant: of course
[9:44] Rose Springvale: there used to be clear standards on what was expected of and required to be faculty
[9:44] Rose Springvale: i remember a service requirement
[9:44] Moon Adamant: exactly
[9:44] Rose Springvale: i encourage that to be reinstated if there is to be a faculty
[9:45] Rose Springvale: because it does not look good
[9:45] Moon Adamant: hmmmm
[9:45] Rose Springvale: for the New Guild to harbor elitism
[9:45] Rose Springvale: and if there are not standards
[9:45] Moon Adamant: i understand what you say
[9:45] Rose Springvale: okay
[9:45] Moon Adamant: but i think that the new Chair must be consulted about that
[9:46] Moon Adamant: because of the difficulty in enforcing that requirement
[9:46] Moon Adamant: in any case, it is surely a point to be discussed
[9:46] Rose Springvale: but you see
[9:46] Moon Adamant: if we considered the service requirement alone
[9:46] Rose Springvale: by putting it over tothe facutly
[9:46] Moon Adamant: i think only Jon has met it
[9:46] Rose Springvale: and taking it off the guild agenda
[9:47] Rose Springvale: no, i'd say that Lilith has
[9:47] Moon Adamant: and Symo
[9:47] Rose Springvale: and cindy
[9:47] Rose Springvale: and timo
[9:47] Moon Adamant: ah, i see what you mean
[9:47] Sudane Erato: yes... the definition of faculty is quite unrealistic
[9:47] Rose Springvale: but no one knows
[9:47] Moon Adamant: indeed, that's unfair
[9:47] Moon Adamant: we must certainly discuss this point over
[9:47] Rose Springvale: the chari has faild in my opinion
[9:48] Rose Springvale: and we should recover that responsibility to the guild
[9:48] Timo Gufler: I think there should be more "talent hunting"
[9:48] Rose Springvale: we have TONs of talent
[9:48] Moon Adamant: in my personal opinion
[9:48] Rose Springvale: Cadence
[9:48] Rose Springvale: too
[9:48] Rose Springvale: Satir
[9:48] Moon Adamant: i think that Faculty should be simplified
[9:49] Moon Adamant: and mind you, i wrote the drat charter :)
[9:49] Moon Adamant: based on the previious one
[9:49] Rose Springvale: then lets form a workgroup to revisit the faculty
[9:49] Sudane Erato: hehe... Jon claims that he did :)
[9:49] Moon Adamant: but i think now that Fac must be more simple
[9:49] Moon Adamant: he did write the first charter of teh New guild
[9:50] Sudane Erato: ahh... i see
[9:50] Moon Adamant: and i am sorry that he isn't here today to discuss this with us
[9:50] Sudane Erato: yes
[9:50] Moon Adamant: since the primordial vision of the NG was his
[9:50] Rose Springvale: i think the facutly as originally iterated and executed was great
[9:51] Moon Adamant: thus i prefer to send this to the forums
[9:51] Rose Springvale: i think it's leadership has failed.
[9:51] Cindy Ecksol loves being part of a group that has a "primordial vision"
[9:51] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:51] Moon Adamant: lol cindy
[9:51] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[9:51] Rose Springvale: i move that we have an inworld work group as well
[9:51] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:51] Moon Adamant: hmmmm, ok, anyone seconds?
[9:51] Cindy Ecksol: second
[9:51] Rose Springvale: as the forums are not always the best place for real discussion
[9:52] Cindy Ecksol: I agree with rose -- forums arena't always the best place to get stuff done
[9:52] Cindy Ecksol: I agree with rose -- forums arena't always the best place to get stuff done
[9:52] Moon Adamant: ok, then all agreeing in holding a inworld discussion group about the Fac roles, please say Aye
[9:52] Sudane Erato: aye
[9:52] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[9:52] Lilith Ivory: aye
[9:52] Timo Gufler: aye
[9:52] Pip Torok: aye
[9:52] Rose Springvale: aye
[9:52] Moon Adamant: Gwyn is still away....
[9:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye
[9:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol
[9:52] Moon Adamant: oh
[9:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: sorry
[9:52] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[9:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :))))
[9:53] Moon Adamant: do you know what we are voting? :P
[9:53] Rose Springvale: i'd love for jon to chair it. can we nominate him?
[9:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Moon Adamant: ok, then all agreeing in holding a inworld discussion group about the Fac roles, please say Aye :)
[9:53] Moon Adamant: i say aye as well
[9:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (don't you love chat logs? :) :)
[9:53] Moon Adamant: motion carries
[9:53] Lilith Ivory smiles
[9:54] Moon Adamant: volunteer to chair this discussion group?
[9:54] Rose Springvale: i nominate Jon lol
[9:54] Sudane Erato: second
[9:54] Rose Springvale: primordial vision needed
[9:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (I *knew* there was going to be a bad thing after the vote)
[9:54] Moon Adamant: lol, finest CDS tradition, i see....
[9:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Jon's perfect thouh, specially because he can't object here and now!
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: *though
[9:55] Moon Adamant: Guys, we can't throw this on his back
[9:55] Moon Adamant: i propose that we ASK him first of all
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: poor Jon
[9:55] Rose Springvale: we can ask him can't we?
[9:55] Pip Torok: agree that we ask first
[9:55] Rose Springvale: he can decline the nomination. lets table the vote
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: In that case, it's more legitimate to ask him first
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes,
[9:55] Symo Kurka: ofcourse
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I second Rose
[9:55] Moon Adamant: i do as well
[9:56] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:56] Rose Springvale: i want to pu tin the record that it honors the spirit of the guild to go back to its roots
[9:56] Moon Adamant: please do!
[9:56] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[9:56] Rose Springvale: it was never meant to be political, at least as far as i've seen
[9:56] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:57] Moon Adamant: no, strictly apolitical
[9:57] Moon Adamant: i do insist on that :)
[9:57] Rose Springvale: done
[9:57] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:57] Moon Adamant: let's move to point 3
[9:58] Moon Adamant: but before that
[9:58] Moon Adamant: since we held elections
[9:58] Moon Adamant: may i ask you Rose
[9:58] Moon Adamant: please to post a summary of the votes?
[9:58] Rose Springvale: yes
[9:58] Moon Adamant: thank you :)
[9:58] Rose Springvale: do we need to re elect the rest of the board?
[9:58] Moon Adamant: ok, point 3
[9:58] Moon Adamant: no
[9:59] Moon Adamant: the rest of teh board is nominated by me
[9:59] Rose Springvale: ah
[9:59] Moon Adamant: and i reconfirm you and Sudane
[9:59] Rose Springvale: um
[9:59] Moon Adamant: of course, if you insist, we can hold a vote
[9:59] Sudane Erato: i thought that the board is every citizen who shows up
[9:59] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[9:59] Moon Adamant: no, Rose means teh heads of departments
[9:59] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[9:59] Rose Springvale: depending on what happens in the next couple of weeks, i may have to quit, but for now, okay.
[10:00] Sudane Erato: i see
[10:00] Moon Adamant: let me read the charter, just a sec
[10:01] Moon Adamant: ah, we have to vote you
[10:01] Moon Adamant: 14.Officers of both departments are nominated by the Secretary of the Board, with the approval of a simple majority of the Board.
[10:01] Moon Adamant: ok, motion to vote
[10:01] Rose Springvale: that's what i thought
[10:01] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hmm
[10:01] Rose Springvale: can we wait for this vote
[10:01] Rose Springvale: ?
[10:01] Moon Adamant: yes, it's a long text
[10:01] Rose Springvale: i'd like to disuss it
[10:01] Moon Adamant: surely
[10:01] Rose Springvale: discuss
[10:01] Moon Adamant: ok, you have the table
[10:01] Rose Springvale: no, not today lol
[10:01] Moon Adamant: ah ok
[10:02] Moon Adamant: we can postpone this vote then for next week
[10:02] Rose Springvale: okay
[10:02] Rose Springvale: thank you
[10:02] Moon Adamant: all agreeing?
[10:02] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[10:02] Pip Torok: agree
[10:02] Timo Gufler: abstain
[10:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: abstain too.... mmh I don't understand, why can't we discuss today?
[10:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah because Rose needs to prepare something?
[10:03] Rose Springvale: no
[10:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oh?
[10:03] Pip Torok: ?
[10:03] Sudane Erato: because Rose proposed we discuss it... but said she wasn't ready to do so
[10:03] Moon Adamant: like Sudane said
[10:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: like I said too lol
[10:04] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: but Rose said "no".... I guess that was her vote?
[10:04] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn is very confused
[10:04] Rose Springvale: gwyn
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes?
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 8and that yes wasn't a vote ;) )
[10:04] Rose Springvale: i am not ready to be confirmed in a postition today
[10:04] Rose Springvale: and i want to discuss it with Moon
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok... because... you need to prepare something first?
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well, Moon's here :D
[10:04] Moon Adamant: fair enough
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Transparency, dear, transparency!
[10:04] Rose Springvale: but it isn't apropriate to take up board time for personal isues
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aaah
[10:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn is slow today
[10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok then :)
[10:05] Moon Adamant: :)
[10:05] Rose Springvale: so if we need to do it today, i will decline the nomination
[10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, ok
[10:05] Kattie Belgar: hallo
[10:05] Moon Adamant: no, i prefer to hold it next week, if you all do not mind
[10:05] Cindy Ecksol thinks we just agreed to do it next week....
[10:05] Moon Adamant: hello Kattie
[10:05] Lilith Ivory: hi Kattie
[10:05] Rose Springvale: hey Kattie! welcome!
[10:05] Timo Gufler: hi Kattie
[10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Cindy, yes, more than enough votes for that
[10:05] Moon Adamant: this is a New guild board meeting, which is transcripted
[10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and hi Kattie
[10:05] Pip Torok: hi kattie
[10:06] Kattie Belgar: its difficult to see where is free :-)
[10:06] Moon Adamant: feel free to join us if you're a citizen, agenda on the green box
[10:06] Rose Springvale: shes' not quite.. yet...
[10:06] Rose Springvale: but i'm getting her closer
[10:06] Sudane Erato: :)
[10:06] Timo Gufler: hehe
[10:06] Rose Springvale: so she can observe but not vote :)
[10:06] Moon Adamant: if you're not a citizen, we welcome you, but please abstain from voting
[10:06] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:06] Moon Adamant: point 3
[10:07] Moon Adamant: 3. Colonia Nova City SE Quadrant Re-deployment
[10:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yay :)
[10:07] Moon Adamant: in the normal process of Guild work
[10:07] Moon Adamant: we have approved a plan for this re-deployment
[10:08] Moon Adamant: which is up the wall behind Timo
[10:08] Timo Gufler: :)
[10:08] Moon Adamant: this plan is the result of an iterative process, that joined two proposals, Solomon's and mine
[10:09] Moon Adamant: we now have prepared a budget to propose to the Executive for the building of parcels C12, C13 and garden/alley, as also a tiny bit of terraforming
[10:09] Moon Adamant: Sudane, would you care to comment?
[10:10] Moon Adamant: while i publish the spreadsheet
[10:10] Sudane Erato: i've looked at the budget... and it seems very reasonable to me
[10:10] Pip Torok: "on the wall behind Timo" ?
[10:10] Sudane Erato: its really a very small project
[10:10] Moon Adamant: between timo and Sudane, Pip
[10:10] Pip Torok: ah
[10:11] Timo Gufler: yes, Pip,I am so small
[10:11] Moon Adamant: the budget previews
[10:11] Moon Adamant: just a sec
[10:11] Moon Adamant: 1 hour of terraforming
[10:12] Moon Adamant: 4 hours for the garden
[10:12] Cindy Ecksol: this looks nice!
[10:12] Moon Adamant: and 6 hours for each of the two parcels
[10:12] Cindy Ecksol: love the idea of the garden in the alley there....
[10:12] Moon Adamant: that was Solomon's idea :))
[10:12] Moon Adamant: i love it too
[10:12] Lilith Ivory: I like it also
[10:12] Moon Adamant: that quarter was a bit cramped and this will create a very nice urban space
[10:13] Moon Adamant: but still about the budget
[10:13] Moon Adamant: the garden will become public land
[10:13] Moon Adamant: but the two parcels are private land
[10:13] Timo Gufler: may I ask who are we paying to?
[10:13] Moon Adamant: we propose that they're built no mod/ no copy, transfer
[10:13] Gwyneth Llewelyn seconds Timo's question ;)
[10:13] Rose Springvale: why?
[10:13] Moon Adamant: ah, that's the next point
[10:14] Timo Gufler: I have heard about volunteers by this far...
[10:14] Moon Adamant: Rose, so that the parcels can be transferred while keeping the urban facades
[10:14] Rose Springvale: i oppose that
[10:14] Moon Adamant: also, by our general CDS legislation, a full perm copy must be handed down to our Content Archivist
[10:14] Rose Springvale: for so many reasons
[10:15] Moon Adamant: Rose, the owner can trash it
[10:15] Rose Springvale: but one is that one of the reasons i supported this plan was tat it leaves the option to join those two parcels
[10:15] Moon Adamant: and build a new one
[10:15] Rose Springvale: why not make it like the cardo lots?
[10:15] Moon Adamant: we just keep the backup
[10:16] Rose Springvale: oh
[10:16] Rose Springvale: i see
[10:16] Rose Springvale: though .. hmm
[10:16] Rose Springvale: its an all or nothing choice
[10:16] Symo Kurka raises hand
[10:16] Moon Adamant: well, mind you that this will be exteriors and interior paint only
[10:16] Moon Adamant: yes, Symo?
[10:16] Rose Springvale: and walls in the center
[10:17] Symo Kurka: I would add one point
[10:17] Symo Kurka: As i said many times before I think we also need fresh ideas for a texture renewal of CN centre. So I suggest we call for a competition for roman urban textures.
[10:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: interesting proposal!....
[10:17] Symo Kurka: Creators and builders should compete with:
[10:17] Symo Kurka: - at least three textures for external walls/facades
- at least one texture for roofs
- one for ceilings
- two for internal walls
- two for pavements
- one for external pavements
[10:17] Symo Kurka: Guild could select the best ones and there could be six LD prizes (tbd the amount in exec budget).
[10:17] Moon Adamant: hmmm interesting
[10:18] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:18] Moon Adamant: here's what i propose
[10:18] Moon Adamant: the immediate creation of the CN Redeployment group
[10:18] Moon Adamant: Workgroup
[10:18] Rose Springvale: Moon?
[10:19] Moon Adamant: that will include the people willing to build these things
[10:19] Moon Adamant: yes?
[10:19] Rose Springvale: we need a prim budget too
[10:19] Moon Adamant: single-prim
[10:19] Rose Springvale: and i'd like to ask that we give solomon the (i mean for the builds)
[10:19] Rose Springvale: option on the garden
[10:20] Rose Springvale: he's been wanting to add green stuff
[10:20] Moon Adamant: ok, we can do that
[10:20] Rose Springvale: since he joined. if he doesn't want it, np
[10:20] Moon Adamant: but i propose that we deal with all that inside the Workgroup
[10:20] Rose Springvale: oh sorry. kay
[10:20] Moon Adamant: all that being:
[10:20] Moon Adamant: Symo's competition
[10:21] Moon Adamant: Option on the garden to Solomon
[10:21] Moon Adamant: actual building
[10:21] Moon Adamant: so i am calling that WG right away
[10:22] Moon Adamant: and will do that in the forums as well, after i publish the budget
[10:22] Moon Adamant: all interested to join in, please do
[10:22] Moon Adamant: we will pick a WG chair next week :)
[10:22] Gwyneth Llewelyn: so the WG will manage Symo's competition ?
[10:23] Rose Springvale: we need a meeting time next week
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: or just the CN SE redeployment?
[10:23] Cindy Ecksol lost the thread on what competition we're talking about
[10:23] Rose Springvale: getting to be a long meeting
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn *giggles*
[10:23] Moon Adamant: the WG will manage the two things
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ok, Moon
[10:23] Moon Adamant: integrate one inside the other
[10:23] Symo Kurka: Ye sboth could be coherent
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: just to be clear, if we vote on its creation, to have an idea on what role it will have.
[10:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn: wait, WGs can be called without a vote lol
[10:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn *slaps her forehead*
[10:24] Moon Adamant: yes, dear :)
[10:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn: sorry Moon :(
[10:24] Moon Adamant: ok.... lots of posting to be done....
[10:25] Moon Adamant: now i will ask for any other businees?
[10:25] Rose Springvale: we do need to discuss times for meeting
[10:25] Moon Adamant: business*
[10:25] Moon Adamant: ah, sorry Rose
[10:25] Rose Springvale: next week RA is scheduled for this time
[10:25] Symo Kurka: Just have in mind ..
[10:25] Lilith Ivory: hi Sol
[10:25] Rose Springvale: and i'm waiting to schedule the ball time
[10:25] Pip Torok: hi Sol
[10:25] Moon Adamant: oh
[10:25] Solomon Mosely: hey all
[10:25] Timo Gufler: hi Solomon
[10:25] Rose Springvale: though have announced 2 pm
[10:25] Moon Adamant: hi Solomon :)
[10:25] Moon Adamant: so let me think
[10:25] Moon Adamant: RA is scheduled for what hour?
[10:25] Moon Adamant: 10 AM?
[10:25] Rose Springvale: 9 atm
[10:26] Moon Adamant: then we will meet at 11 am
[10:26] Symo Kurka: Yes 9:00 Am
[10:26] Moon Adamant: all agree?
[10:26] Rose Springvale: fine with me
[10:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye :)
[10:26] Pip Torok: aye
[10:26] Timo Gufler: aye
[10:26] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:27] Moon Adamant: i am taking silence as assent on this one :)
[10:27] Rose Springvale: Inaugural ball will be at 2 then
[10:27] Rose Springvale: so everyon has time tochange :)
[10:28] Moon Adamant: i agree with 11 myself
[10:28] Timo Gufler: is 11 the time always or only when there are RA meetings?
[10:28] Rose Springvale: symo, will RA meet weekly?
[10:28] Cindy Ecksol: ah, good....I can make the ball, butu sadly not the RA meeting and probably not the guild mtg
[10:28] Moon Adamant: i don't know yet Timo
[10:29] Timo Gufler: np :)
[10:29] Rose Springvale: oh dear
[10:29] Symo Kurka: In my intentions yes, at least at he beginning, but I have to verify with other RA members
[10:29] Moon Adamant: so let's do this
[10:29] Moon Adamant: officially we meet at 11
[10:30] Symo Kurka: we can deal on time slots
[10:30] Moon Adamant: we will see later on how that goes, if we need to hold meetings a bit sooner when teh RA is not meeting to accomodate people better
[10:30] Symo Kurka: but it's not easy guys
[10:30] Moon Adamant: and of course, sometimes teh Guild may have to not meet to give space to important events
[10:31] Moon Adamant: i think that's teh best plan for the moment
[10:31] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:31] Moon Adamant: well, if no other business, motion to adjourn?
[10:31] Pip Torok: seconded
[10:32] Moon Adamant: lol
[10:32] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:32] Timo Gufler: :)
[10:32] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[10:32] Rose Springvale: will you post the transcript and i post the summary moon?
[10:32] Pip Torok: (as if we would :-)
[10:32] Moon Adamant: yes Rose
[10:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[10:32] Symo Kurka: and open to public, no secrets
[10:32] Moon Adamant: and Symo, are you serious? i was going to have a nap :)
[10:32] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:32] Symo Kurka: Moon you can go have a nap
[10:33] Rose Springvale: i have to go make breakfast. they are just going to talk about times
[10:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: pfft
[10:33] Moon Adamant: ah ok
[10:33] Moon Adamant: thank you all then
[10:33] Moon Adamant: we are adjourned :)

Eudaimonia now!
User avatar
Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: Guild Meeting 25th Jan ... CN space plans?

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Hi Guild. A quick policy question. Your government has not taken any steps to put the SE quadrant of the CN city space on sale, because we were told about a month ago that a guild plan to re-plat it was coming, I have seen postings, and though maybe the plan was done .. but now I have today's minutes. I cannot quite tell: but apparently there is more proposed work to come. Is it the NGO Guild's proposal to CDS that we wait longer? Until when or what? Or should I change boundaries and set for sale now?

Or is it possible to offer SOME of the parcels for sale immediately (like possible garden or expansion parcels), and delay only those where the Guild plans to build something?

Could I get a short answer here, which gives Sudane and I the advice of the Guild on whether to put those parcels for sale now, or not, and which? Thanks JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Re: Board Guild Meeting 25th Jan 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

Sorry Jamie,

We took a bit of time to assemble a budghet that could be presented to the Executive, and which is posted here: ... VwsA1e2Ddw

Our opinion, of course, is that the Guild should build the two new insulae and the garden, but of course you can accept the budget or not, or accept it partially.

Looking forward to discuss the matter with you.

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”