Meeting on 2009-02-01
Those present:
Symo Kurka is in the chair.
Justice Soothsayer: hi Symo
Symo Kurka: Hello Justice :)
Symo Kurka: Did not manage to get in touch with Piblius
Symo Kurka: *Publius
Justice Soothsayer: he doesnt come to Sunday AM meetings due to church conflcit
Justice Soothsayer: uh, that is, going to church is a time conflict for him, not that his church has a conflict!
Justice Soothsayer: ooh, I like the new decor
Symo Kurka: :))
Justice Soothsayer: torch sconces coming out of the middle of the painting are a little disconcerting
Symo Kurka: Yes
Symo Kurka: Have to ask Moon if she can move them
Justice Soothsayer: but the Neufreistadt rock is very nice
Symo Kurka: I cannot
Symo Kurka: Yeah that is Magritte
Symo Kurka: I find it very similar
Symo Kurka: to NFS
Justice Soothsayer: didnt know Magritte visited us!
Symo Kurka: Lol
Symo Kurka: Hello Cindy
Cindy Ecksol: good morning all
Justice Soothsayer: hi Cindy
Cindy Ecksol: hi justice
Soro Dagostino: Hello
Cindy Ecksol: hi soro
Justice Soothsayer: Symo, since Cindy is here it reminds me that we have nominees for SC; should we add this to the agenda?
Symo Kurka: Yes
Pip Torok: yes ... hi everyone
Symo Kurka: I already added in the Agenda update
Symo Kurka: Thank you all for beeing sharp guys
Soro Dagostino: Symo, small correction
Symo Kurka: Yes Soro?
Soro Dagostino: The time is not daylight.
Soro Dagostino: It is standard.
Symo Kurka: lol Soro YOUR time is not daylight
Jamie Palisades: Good morning all. Or such time as it is, anyway.
Symo Kurka: hello Jamie
Pip Torok: hi Jamie
Symo Kurka: .. and welcome Sonja
Sonja Strom: hi everybody!
Cindy Ecksol has indicated consent to be recorded.
Soro Dagostino: Hello Sonja -- Jamie.
Sonja Strom: Hi Delia!
Delia Lake: hello everyone :)
Pip Torok: Hi Delia!
Soro Dagostino: Hello Delia
Symo Kurka: Do all new RA members have the text of our oath?
Cindy Ecksol: I have it for anyone who needs it
Soro Dagostino: No.
Pip Torok: yes ...
Lilith Ivory: hi there :)
Pip Torok: symo it IS new members who need take the oath , no?
Sonja Strom: Hi Lilith!
Pip Torok: hi Lilith
Symo Kurka: Uh nice question
Soro Dagostino: Hello Rain
Delia Lake: hi Lilith, hi Rain
Pip Torok: no matter i can always take it again
Cindy Ecksol: rain, what are you doing down there, you little cutie!
Rain Ninetails: hi :)
Rain Ninetails: meeeoo
Pip Torok: hi Rain
Cindy Ecksol: cats may take seats too I think: they are really people
Pip Torok: Sol! hi
Sonja Strom: Hi Rain!
Cindy Ecksol: whoops! we lost jamie
Rain Ninetails: hi Sonja!
Sonja Strom: Cats are people too, yes :)
Symo Kurka: Well
Cindy Ecksol: morning solomon
Lilith Ivory: Hi Sol
Sonja Strom: Hi Solomon!
Solomon Mosely: morning cindy
Sonja Strom: Hi Sudane!
Solomon Mosely: hello sonja
Sudane Erato: hi :)
Solomon Mosely: hello all
Lilith Ivory: hi Sudane
Sudane Erato: hi :)
Symo Kurka: Hello all
Symo Kurka: Please View Agenda in
http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2317
Symo Kurka: I'll get now agreements to record session, so please touch the black recorder under the table
Sudane Erato has indicated consent to be recorded.
Justice Soothsayer has indicated consent to be recorded.
Sonja Strom has indicated consent to be recorded.
Lilith Ivory has indicated consent to be recorded.
Jamie Palisades wipes cloud-poof-dust off ...sorry, more crashes than usual lately. Can't say much nice about SL stability right now,
Rain Ninetails has indicated consent to be recorded.
Jamie Palisades: I agree to being recorded.
Symo Kurka: Now first poinyt, all NEW RA members have to swear
Symo Kurka: Cindy?
Cindy Ecksol: yes, symo
Symo Kurka: will you please start?
Cindy Ecksol: actually I have to go last: I have to administer the oath on behalf of my colleagues on SC
Symo Kurka: Ok
Cindy Ecksol: technically I'm still SC....
Symo Kurka: Soro?
AO R [script:radioset]: Script run-time error
AO R [script:radioset]: Stack-Heap Collision
Soro Dagostino: ---
I, [YOUR NAME], having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Cindy Ecksol: lol!
Soro Dagostino: Soro
Symo Kurka: lol
Symo Kurka: Soro...
Delia Lake has indicated consent to be recorded.
Cindy Ecksol: Soro, would you like to repeat after me?
Symo Kurka: Please soro repeat the oath with your name
Soro Dagostino: ---
I, Soro Dagostino, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Cindy Ecksol: thank you, soro
Pip Torok: applause!
Symo Kurka: Thank you, Sonja?
Cindy Ecksol: who is next?
Sonja Strom: I, Sonja Strom, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Justice Soothsayer: Me, I think.
Justice Soothsayer: I, Justice Soothsayer, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Symo Kurka: Thank you. Pip?
Pip Torok: I, Pip Torok, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Symo Kurka: I, Symo Kurka, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Symo Kurka: Ok,
Symo Kurka: we can start
Cindy Ecksol: thank you all
Cindy Ecksol: and I now officially resign my seat on SC
Cindy Ecksol: I, Cindy Ecksol, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Symo Kurka: Great, thank you Cindy
Jamie Palisades applauds all our new and returning senators
Symo Kurka: I'm sorry, but I have to..
Justice Soothsayer: welcome back from the Dark Side, Cindy.
Cindy Ecksol: thank you justice
Symo Kurka: LRA speech
Cindy Ecksol inserts eyelid props
Symo Kurka: Friends, citizens, guests of he CDS.
Symo Kurka: When Sonja opened the thread "What we like about the CDS" in our forum
Symo Kurka: somebody of you wrote a sentence which i liked a lot. Let me quote here:
Symo Kurka: "In CDS I like all the unsung heroes who spend hours and hours of time trying to realize a dream when we aren't even sure what the dream is."
Symo Kurka: Just a few words about dreams.
Symo Kurka: We cannot live without dreams, we would be monsters.
Symo Kurka: The Dream is Life.
Symo Kurka: And here in our community we all are following a Dream, one Dream.
Symo Kurka: his Dream belongs to all Cds citizens of past and present times
Symo Kurka: and we know it's a complex, long lasting dream: the first RA meeting was held in january 2005, exactly four years ago.
Symo Kurka: How many dreams do last four years??
Symo Kurka: We all must be grateful to oldies overall, the "unsung heros" who still believe in this dream and still work hard for it.
Symo Kurka: To them I ask to be patient with newbies if they soemtimes repeat what you already know.
Symo Kurka: Newbies are precious because they bring in new energies for the Dream.
Symo Kurka: And to CDS newbies I ask to be patient with oldies if sometimes they seem to be elitarian.
Symo Kurka: CDS Oldies are precious because they are experienced.
Symo Kurka: So let's go on alltogether building our Dream.
Symo Kurka: No hurry to know "what the dream is".
Symo Kurka: We are slowly discovering what the Dream is, like children who discover the world.
Symo Kurka: Best wishes to you all.
Cindy Ecksol: ***** APPPPPPPLLLLAAAUUUSSSSEEEEEEE***********
Symo Kurka: I'm finished
Sudane Erato: bravo Symo!!
Jamie Palisades smiles and applauds
Lilith Ivory: applause
Sonja Strom claps
Justice Soothsayer: nicely said
Sudane Erato: great!
Patroklus Murakami claps
Rose Springvale cheers for Symo
Symo Kurka: Let's go on now
Pip Torok: claps
Symo Kurka: Any suggestions for Agenda items?
Delia Lake: <claps>
Symo Kurka: anyone who wants to sign up to speak on any of the agenda items?
Symo Kurka: Next RA scheduled for 8th February
Symo Kurka: Details will follow in foreum
Sonja Strom: Do we know what time it will start?
Symo Kurka: We have now top confirm two new nominations in SC
Jamie Palisades: Symo, a quick question on that meeting>
Jamie Palisades: ?
Symo Kurka: Sorry Sonja, not yet, we'll fikx it through usual sw
Sonja Strom: ok
Symo Kurka: Yes?
Jamie Palisades: Mind was the same as sonja's, sorry. Interested in meetings that all can attend, and perhaps not taking everyone;s weekend family or church time every week :)
Jamie Palisades: I'll wait to her :)
Jamie Palisades: hear
Symo Kurka: Ok I'll have in mind
Symo Kurka: Now next point
Symo Kurka: The SC has put forward Aliasi Stonebender and Delia Lake as new SC members. T
Symo Kurka: The RA has to confirm the two nominations
Soro Dagostino: So move
Symo Kurka: And i personally would proceed to vote
Cindy Ecksol: second
Symo Kurka: For confirmation, say aye if youa agree
Justice Soothsayer: It would be nice to hear from the nominees
Pip Torok: aye
Cindy Ecksol: aye
Soro Dagostino: Aye
Justice Soothsayer: No. Not that I don't believe they would be good, just that we should hear from them first.
Symo Kurka: Justice?
Sonja Strom: I would like to hear a little bit from them, like maybe what they would like to bring to the SC --
Sonja Strom: it can be something short.
Symo Kurka: This was not in the agenda, which is quite stuck and btw already late
Jamie Palisades: so there are, just as an inquiry for a poit of order, Mr. LRA, 3 votes in favor and 2 against and you have not voted?
Justice Soothsayer: We've had a lot of discussion about what the role of the SC should be in our demoncracy. I'd like to hear what the nominees have to say about that question.
Justice Soothsayer: We have 30 days to confirm.
Sonja Strom: The agenda is for us, not the other way around.
Cindy Ecksol: I agree
Pip Torok: agree
Cindy Ecksol: delia is here, I'm sure she can speak for herself
Symo Kurka: I suggest that we vorte now and we invite our dear friends to explain theur intentions in next RA meeting
Cindy Ecksol: and we should not delay confirming at least one member
Justice Soothsayer: Putting thecare before the horse, i fear.
Justice Soothsayer: *cart
Sonja Strom: I will withhold my vote until I hear something from them.
Justice Soothsayer: It is hearing the views of the nominees that should inform the vote, not the other way around.
Soro Dagostino: Point of Order?
Jamie Palisades sighs quietly. Mr Lra, is the vote pending, or withdrawn?
Pip Torok: i will withold my vote as well
Symo Kurka: Funny guys
Soro Dagostino: Is that an abstention?
Symo Kurka: We will discuss it in next RA ok?
Cindy Ecksol: symo, excuse me
Cindy Ecksol: we cannot leave hear without confirming at least one new SC member
Symo Kurka: Cindy?
Symo Kurka: Delia
Cindy Ecksol: please allow discussion in the form of a short address from delia
Cindy Ecksol: than you.
Symo Kurka: can you shortly tell us what ?your view of SC is?
Symo Kurka: Delia?
Delia Lake: yes, Symo. the SC has the specific role of certifying elections
Delia Lake: and also of hearing disputes especially related to the CDS consitution
Pip Torok: brb telephone
Justice Soothsayer: Delia, under what circumstances shoul dthe SC invalidate a law passed by the democratically elected RA?
Delia Lake: the SC should invalidate a law if it is in conflict with the constitution
Justice Soothsayer: and how do you decide that?
Symo Kurka: Delia?
Symo Kurka: I suppose somebody crashed
Symo Kurka: and .. sorry
Symo Kurka: can we go on?
Cindy Ecksol: symo, I suggest we defer the vote until after other business
Sonja Strom: hm, maybe we can move to another topic, and return to this one later.
Justice Soothsayer: good idea
Symo Kurka: ok
Symo Kurka: next topic
Symo Kurka: I agree
Symo Kurka: CHANCELLOR NOMINATION
Symo Kurka: wow
Symo Kurka: lo+
Sonja Strom: Aliasi might come along too.
Sudane Erato: :)
Justice Soothsayer: Let's have a little discussion before we vote on this one ;)
Symo Kurka: Oh sure guys
Symo Kurka: My ears are getting big, I'm anxious to hear
Sonja Strom: lol
Soro Dagostino: Nominate Jamie Palisades
Symo Kurka: But I see nobody asking to sp?eak
Justice Soothsayer: Symo, RA members don't have to ask to speak about items on the agenda.
Jamie Palisades smiles. Should I simply indicate that I accept, as a candidate? I might have posted something along those lines to the Forum , so it may not be a surprise to those present.
Justice Soothsayer: I do have one or two questions for Jamie
Jamie Palisades: Perhaps someone, say, CSDF members, have questions? :)
Symo Kurka: Justice, you said [8:35] Justice Soothsayer: Let's have a little discussion before we vote on this one ;)
Soro Dagostino: Do you pay overtime?
Jamie Palisades: ah :) Justice, Prefer a short introductory comment from me first, or questions first?
Soro Dagostino: :)
Symo Kurka: Do i have to intend this silence as an agreement to Jamie Palisades confirmation?
Justice Soothsayer: Feel free to make comments first, Jamie, if you like, though you have an excellent statement on the forum. Then I would like to ask a question.
Jamie Palisades: Thank you. Just this, then:
Jamie Palisades: My own views on items f acing us are fairly clear .. for one thing I have posted regualrly reports and ideas to the forum, where their are quite serachable .. and get a lot of replies as well :) Not all chancellors, ah, chose to use the forum that way, but following the model of my SP predecessor Aliasi, I thought it a good idea to get ideas our for pulic comment.
So if you want to know what I have in mind :) read the forums. As justice says, It's all there....
Jamie Palisades: Of course, my own most recently posting, here, reflect my most current concerns, and those which colleaguges have helped me identify:
http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2319
Jamie Palisades: I'm very pleased with our success at events programming and clearning up adminstrative matters -- the website, prims, land monitoring methods so far -- this last term.
Jamie Palisades: MOderately satisfied wit a very conservative, safe resposnse to the messes in economic and LL land rules we encountered this last six months.
Jamie Palisades: Not so satisfied with our responses so far to Arria's proposal and the AL Andalaus opportunity.
Jamie Palisades: I expect those will be active topics for the RA this term
Jamie Palisades: and I except us to approach them, as all things, more in the spirit of Symo's comments this morning ...
Jamie Palisades: .. how to facilitate a diversity of dreams and creativity ... and in a fair, safe way ....
Jamie Palisades: .. not was a not-onvented-here game of blocking each other's ideas ni favor of stasis, or in favor of one's own.
Justice Soothsayer raises hand
Jamie Palisades: Horse traduign does not refeolect well on us. I look forward to CDS continuing to leave that old style behind. And reqritign ourselves as faciltators, not political gamers. ,.
Jamie Palisades: Thanks :)
Jamie Palisades: Justice?
Sonja Strom claps
Justice Soothsayer: Jamie, first let me say that you have done an outstanding job as Chancellor.
Justice Soothsayer: These have been very challenging times, both for CDS and the outside world (linden and RL) and you have balanced things well.
Delia Lake apologizes for crashing
Justice Soothsayer: I just want to follow up on your comment about Al Andalus.
Justice Soothsayer: What are your thoughts on how we should approach AA? Should we consider this as a one-off opportunity, or engage in some structural changes to accommodate the opportunity for closer ties? Should this be a legislative initiative, or an executive one?
Jamie Palisades: Justice, I think we need to make it safe for the to come here, Which has three parts. and then there are two considerations on our side.
Jamie Palisades: let's leave legisl-exec for last and concentrate on the substance first
Jamie Palisades: thigns they need as I see it:
Jamie Palisades: -- an answer to whether we'd affiliate only in a physical move, or leaving both estates wher ethey are
Jamie Palisades: -- a genuine comfort level with the stavility, maturity, and commitment ot diversity from our government, so that they can happiyl be subject to our laws without concern about disruption to their own "life", which is trundling around just fine.
Jamie Palisades: (in otehr words, if they join us, do we start doing all sorts if thigns that mess them up?)
Jamie Palisades: :) the right answer would be "no" by the way
Jamie Palisades: and third, from their end, a structure to allow them to continue doing their programming
Jamie Palisades: in other words
Jamie Palisades: if they estate adds to our balacne sheet, theyd probably lilke some basis for believing that all the combined event money does not go to accordionsm beer and togas :)
Jamie Palisades: that's THEIR three issues as I see it
Jamie Palisades: after months of meeting and thinking - GENTLY, not in the triumphalist conquistdor tone I have seen from a few of the overenthusiastic
Jamie Palisades: now
Jamie Palisades: CDS, WE, have some concerns too
Jamie Palisades: I see two
Jamie Palisades: one is whetehr they are fiscally stable in a manner that would make them a good addition for us, and not degrade out position
Jamie Palisades: that's math
Jamie Palisades: the answer appears to be yes, but i expect to bring a case to the RA on that
Jamie Palisades: the second is the subjective one :D
Jamie Palisades: does CDS want to do this?
Jamie Palisades: well
Jamie Palisades: heh
Jamie Palisades: many of my dear friends here feel strongly that CDS is a representative democracythrough its allpowerful factions
Jamie Palisades: so I guess we find our if CDS wants to do this first by inforaml postings of plans to the forum, and citizern feedback'...
Jamie Palisades: and then with an RA vote :)
Jamie Palisades: which leads me to my final point, your question about who ACTS here
Jamie Palisades: it works in my view exactly like a native sim additionb
Jamie Palisades: some financial feasibility details must be developed and brought to RA
Jamie Palisades: that's my jon
Jamie Palisades: job - assume you reappoint me to it
Jamie Palisades: and the RA must approve maps and land acqusitions and covenants
Jamie Palisades: as lways
Jamie Palisades: abasically, a theme and L$ feasibility decision
Jamie Palisades: done, thanks. Did I answer ?
Symo Kurka: Ahhhh lawyers.... Jamie the subject is important but we are monopolizing here the attention on AA ... while we just have to confirm (or not) our efficient chancellor...
Justice Soothsayer: Thanks for a thoughtful answer to a complicated question.
Symo Kurka: Great
Jamie Palisades: oh, yes, and also, I talk too much :D it;s the transparency thing
Soro Dagostino: Call the question
Symo Kurka: any other (short) question???
Sonja Strom: Yes
Sonja Strom: Jamie, you said "Horse traduign does not refeolect well on us. I look forward to CDS continuing to leave that old style behind." On the surface this sounds good, but I am curious what you actually mean by it.
Sonja Strom: First, how do you define "horse trading"?
Symo Kurka smiles
Justice Soothsayer: Symo understanding the chancello'rs view of the proper executive-legislative balance is important in deciding whether to hire a candidate for the job.
Sonja Strom: Second, could you give a specific example?
Jamie Palisades: well, Sonja, I have seen a lot of energy in CDS that SHOUDL go to promoting and assisting citizens with their creative projects diverted instead to plots on how to stop projects :)
Pip Torok: (back now)
Jamie Palisades: or , takign good projects and making of them games -- and ingoring the projects themelves.
Jamie Palisades: And no, I decline to name bad actors, I do not think that promotes our efforts at collaboration. but let me give an illustratin of something badly handled by us all.
Cindy Ecksol: here here!!
Sonja Strom: I think I see that, like not helping to make things better, but only being critical?
Jamie Palisades: Yes
Jamie Palisades: exactly so
Jamie Palisades: people with a critique should bring alternatives, not just attacks
Jamie Palisades: or else we lose our creatives :)
Sonja Strom: An illustration of what your are talking about would be helpful for the understanding of all of us, I think.
Jamie Palisades: Well let me mnake a short comment then, and see if in obediance to Symo I can make it compact.
Jamie Palisades: Arria brought us a cool idea regading the monastery.
Sonja Strom: Sure, but the question was posed to you by a member of the RA ;).
Jamie Palisades: Only a fool owuld miss the fact that this was a genuine, positive attempt to contribute somethign substantial to CDS.
Jamie Palisades grins at sonja - me? speak briefly? me? heh
Jamie Palisades: Arrisa's proposla got tied up in our economic and void pricing mess
Jamie Palisades: but
Jamie Palisades: even before that
Jamie Palisades: it was rushed to the RA in sort of a half-formed, undefined plan
Jamie Palisades: so it did NOT get the kind of attention up front that would have given it the best chance of success
Jamie Palisades: we are a community
Jamie Palisades: we need to compromise, listen and bend -- all of us
Jamie Palisades: instead, it became a rigid take it or leave it
Jamie Palisades: not our best way to encouarge contributios :)
Jamie Palisades: done
Sonja Strom: ok, thanks
Symo Kurka: Other questions folks?
Cindy Ecksol: I move we vote
Justice Soothsayer: Not from me. OK to vote.
Sonja Strom: Second
Pip Torok: what motion are we voting for?
Symo Kurka: Does Ra confirm Jamie >Palisades as Chancellor for this term?
Pip Torok: ah
Cindy Ecksol: I move we vote to affirm Jamie as chancellor by affirmation
Symo Kurka: say aye if you want him
Justice Soothsayer votes Aye
Sonja Strom: aye
Soro Dagostino: Aye
Symo Kurka: and aye
Pip Torok: applause ....
Patroklus Murakami applauds
Symo Kurka: Delia are yous till here?
Sudane Erato: yay!
Rose Springvale: bravo!
Delia Lake: yes
Sonja Strom claps
Justice Soothsayer: Congrats Jamie
Symo Kurka applauds
Pip Torok: all the best Jamie!
Jamie Palisades: Thank you, ladies & gentlemen & I will settle happily for five votes from those awake.
Soro Dagostino: Yay!
Sudane Erato: hehe
Symo Kurka: Is Ms Delia Lake awake?
Delia Lake: yes :)
Symo Kurka: i give five minutes to fulfill the previous subject
Jamie Palisades: Six votes, thanks, my correction.
Sonja Strom: All RA members present.
Justice Soothsayer: where we left off was the question of the role of the SC in invalidating laws that conflict with the constitution. I'd like to know whether Dalia would be reluctant to do so, and how she would determine whether a law conflicts with the constitution.
Symo Kurka: No more questions for Delia?
Soro Dagostino: Relogging -- so much lag
Delia Lake: Justice, I would not be reluctant to flag a law that seemed to me to be in violation of the Constitution
Cindy Ecksol notices 70,183 in world
Delia Lake: the process as I understand it is one of review, public notice, and discussion before the SC votes on a matter of conflict
Delia Lake: It seems to me that is a good process as it should be transparent
Justice Soothsayer: Thanks, Dalia.
Justice Soothsayer: sorry, Delia.
Sonja Strom: I move we vote to confirm Delia as a new member of the Scientific Council.
Pip Torok: seconded
Symo Kurka: Ok vote aye for Delia's confirmation in SC
Justice Soothsayer: Aye
Symo Kurka: aye and best wishes Delia
Delia Lake: thank you
Pip Torok: and mine too, Delia!!
Sudane Erato: yay!
Patroklus Murakami: congratulations delia
Symo Kurka claps
Sonja Strom claps
Rose Springvale: wow, great team we are getting here!
Pip Torok: quite right, Rose
Symo Kurka: Now
Symo Kurka: Next Item
Justice Soothsayer: worth of a press release, Rose ;)
Rose Springvale has indicated consent to be recorded.
Rose Springvale: smile
Symo Kurka: i know it's very unusual
Rose Springvale: up to the pio :)
Symo Kurka: discussing about priorities
Symo Kurka: but
Symo Kurka: it might be an interesting new approach
Symo Kurka: so
Symo Kurka: i invite faction members to proceed
Symo Kurka: with their point of views on this term's priorities
Sonja Strom: Hi Gwyneth!
Symo Kurka: Hi Gwyn
Gwyneth Llewelyn: sorry :P
Lilith Ivory: Hi Gwyn
Gwyneth Llewelyn: Better late than never, they say... :)
Symo Kurka: I know we all discussed about priorities
Symo Kurka: we can go on on Forum if you prefer
Symo Kurka: or just announce the list of priorities here in RA
Symo Kurka: +and go on in discussions in Forum
Cindy Ecksol: speaking for myself, symo, I am perfectly comfortable with the priorities that jamie has outlines
Cindy Ecksol: outlined
Cindy Ecksol: last term was very productive, and I'm looking forward to this term being even more interesting
Symo Kurka: CSDF?
Gwyneth Llewelyn: one second, we have 5 priorities
Symo Kurka: kk :)
Gwyneth Llewelyn: copying and pasting :)
Justice Soothsayer: I think it is a fine to do list as well, but would want to put in a special word endorsing encouraging creativity.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: ok mmmh
Gwyneth Llewelyn: here it goes....
Gwyneth Llewelyn: 1. Cooperation with other communities.
Moon Adamant: hello all
Lilith Ivory: hi moon
Gwyneth Llewelyn: 2. Culture and the Arts.
Delia Lake: hi Moon
Moon Adamant is so sorry for being late :(
Pip Torok: hi Moon!
Gwyneth Llewelyn: 3. More Citizen Participation
Gwyneth Llewelyn: 4. Electoral Reform (oh yes, we haven't forgotten :) )
Gwyneth Llewelyn: and 5. Redevelopment
Justice Soothsayer: btw, we should make Gwyn swear
Gwyneth Llewelyn: Good point!
Pip Torok: true Justice!
Justice Soothsayer: and I don't mean curse.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol
Symo Kurka: Lol
Justice Soothsayer: That comes later. ;)
Sudane Erato: hehe
Rose Springvale: i can make gwyn swear...
Rose Springvale: :)
Gwyneth Llewelyn: I, Gwyneth Llewelyn, having been elected as a Member of the Representative Assembly of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators.
Symo Kurka: Ok thank you Gwyn
Gwyneth Llewelyn: :D
Free Radar HUD v1.1 by Crystal Gadgets
Gwyneth Llewelyn smiles at Rose too
Pip Torok: applause!!
Jamie Palisades smiles, applauds the Senator from FIC
Jamie Palisades: heh
Symo Kurka: Is there any place where we can read details on your priorities doc?
Gwyneth Llewelyn: pfft
Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes, Symo
Moon Adamant has indicated consent to be recorded.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'm looking for a link
Gwyneth Llewelyn: and I should also say that we're really preparing some bills for all these points
Symo Kurka: Sonja is there any doc on priorities from your faction?
Sonja Strom: Not that I know of as such, but our party platform is posted in the CDS Forum.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: More details here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2249 ("Our goals for 2009")
Symo Kurka: Thank you Gwyn
Gwyneth Llewelyn: (the bills are 'under writing', as soon as we have some of them finished for open discussion, they'll be posted on the forums as usual)
Symo Kurka: So we have two detailed priorities docs, from SP and from CSDF
Sonja Strom: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2252
Sonja Strom: This platform was approved by a vote of the DPU membership.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: Same here for the CSDF actually....
Symo Kurka: I invite evrybody to read them and we'll get back on this subject next week
Sonja Strom: However, we have arrived at a short list of our five main priorities that we can share with the community here.
Sonja Strom: Review of General Master Plan, especially with regard to addition of new sim(s) that would expand the mountain-oriented Alpine theme.
Symo Kurka: Ok Sonja go on
Sonja Strom: ok, thanks
Sonja Strom: Clarification of the role of the New Guild in the community, including its structure and its relationship to the CDS government.
Sonja Strom: Continuing the work of the Election Commission.
Sonja Strom: Referendum Voting allowed, where the RA could place yes/no questions on the ballot for the citizens to vote on.
Sonja Strom: Making the CDS a more interesting and fun place to be.
Sonja Strom: Thanks :-)
Jamie Palisades: /Me listens to Sonja, raises his hand for afterwards
Sonja Strom: Jamie?
Jamie Palisades: Let me just say, with affection for all factions including my own, that I am a skeptic of platforms. Some hold them in great esteem. But to quote my mother, of sainted memory ... action talks, bombast walks :) Well. It was SOME word with a "b" anyway. So let us all strive to impress our colleagues with well-drafted adopted legislation and effective acts, not plans :)
Symo Kurka: You can speak Jamie
Gwyneth Llewelyn *chuckles*
Jamie Palisades: I have read a lot of creat CDS faction platforms :D
Jamie Palisades: perhaps we could pave the road to sim 5 with them :)
Jamie Palisades: done
Moon Adamant: :)
Symo Kurka: We are not speaking about platforms, we are speaking about goals and priorities
Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, goals and priorities.
Justice Soothsayer: Indeed, the platforms DO pa ve the role to our next sims(s).
Symo Kurka: which makes some difference
Symo Kurka: anyway
Symo Kurka: I'll try to summarize all your documents for next week
Gwyneth Llewelyn: thank you Mr LRA
Jamie Palisades: (nice turn of phrase, Justice :D )
Symo Kurka: and we'll go on with this discussion
Symo Kurka: Yw Ms Gwyn
Symo Kurka: Sorry if my inexperience brought us late
Rose Springvale giggles... cds meeting running late? never happens....
Jamie Palisades: Symo, a point of order, if this agenda item is done?
Pip Torok: (now now Rose!:)
Symo Kurka: Yes this pagenda item is done and will be repeated in next RA...I'll postpone
Symo Kurka: I'll postpone to next RA discussion on possible new RA organization
Danton Sideways has indicated consent to be recorded.
Jamie Palisades: Havign been appointed, shall I take the oath, Symo? :)
Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
Symo Kurka: Oh yes JaMie sorry
Rose Springvale can make jamie sweart too!
Cindy Ecksol smiles
Sonja Strom: Does the SP have any priorities?
Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe Rose
Lilith Ivory: hehe
Justice Soothsayer: Symo, I'll note under that item that we should appoint an RA Archivist and a LRA pro temporte.
Symo Kurka: Yes Sonja
Gwyneth Llewelyn seconds Sonja's questioN!
Jamie Palisades: I had the impression ther were mentioned by Cindy and myself earlier :)
Symo Kurka: Jamie
Cindy Ecksol: Sonja, Jamie's priorites (linked early) are ours....
Symo Kurka: it was not so clear
Jamie Palisades: shall we repeat? Is there a preference for text chat over web URI's?
Sonja Strom: oh, hm
Symo Kurka: Jamie
Symo Kurka: 1) LINK
Symo Kurka: 2) swear
Jamie Palisades: very well
Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2319
Jamie Palisades: was my short form - and the longer one for the faction is here =>
Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2318
Jamie Palisades: .. and ...
Symo Kurka: Ok now swear please
Jamie Palisades: I, Jamie Palisades, having been appointed as Chancellor of the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, do solemnly affirm ...
Jamie Palisades: ... that I will faithfully discharge my duties as such to the best of my ability, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Confederation of Democratic Simulators, and that I will preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Confederation of Democratic Simulators. Thank you.
Symo Kurka applauds
Cindy Ecksol: ***** APPPPPPPLLLLAAAUUUSSSSEEEEEEE***********
Lilith Ivory: applauds
Moon Adamant applauds :)
Soro Dagostino: Wooot!
Gwyneth Llewelyn claps
Pip Torok: applauds
Sonja Strom claps
Solomon Mosely applauds!
Rose Springvale: bravo.
Sudane Erato: yay boss... congradulations!! :)
Rose Springvale: :)
Symo Kurka: Point b) possible new RA organization
Symo Kurka: it's postponed
Symo Kurka: but i just want you to know
Symo Kurka: My personal opinion is that RA members should work in "commissions", involving non RA citizens.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: uh-huh
Jamie Palisades raises hand for question
Symo Kurka: Commissions' subjects could be, for instance:
Cindy Ecksol: symo, perhaps you could put some details on what you have in mind on the forum this week
Symo Kurka: 1- CDS economy - commerce - business
2- Territorial policy
3- Culture, education, sports
4- Foreign affairs
But I am open to other suggestions.
Jamie Palisades: (it will wait)
Symo Kurka: We will not discuss this today
Symo Kurka: just have in mind
Symo Kurka: Sure Cindy
Symo Kurka: All governments have ministries and paRLIAMENT commissions
Symo Kurka: ..
Symo Kurka: as I was saying this item is postponed to discussion in next RA
Symo Kurka: next III. ITEMS TO BE CONTINUED FROM PRIOR RA
Jamie Palisades: Symo
Jamie Palisades: sory, still have question
Symo Kurka: I ask Gwyn or Justice
Symo Kurka: kk
Symo Kurka: yes Jamie?
Justice Soothsayer waits for Jamie
Jamie Palisades: Justice, did RA not inherit form last term a need to designate a deputy RA for continuity purposes? I do not feel a rush - something for Symo to consult with you all about -- but just wanted to confirm that the post still now exists?
Symo Kurka: well
Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, Justice mentioned that before.
Symo Kurka: yes
Jamie Palisades: OK good thx, sorry if I missed it
Justice Soothsayer: Yes, we have the LRA pro tempore position to fill
Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
Gwyneth Llewelyn has indicated consent to be recorded.
Symo Kurka: So will Justice or Gwyn briefly report on this subject?
Justice Soothsayer: We could do that now, if you'd like. Under RA organization we should also fill RA Archivist and decide on RA rules for the term,
Gwyneth Llewelyn: Exactly.
Justice Soothsayer: symo, I'm not sure what you are looking for as a report for last term, but I'll just mention that Jamie has already highlighted two....
Justice Soothsayer: items left undone from last term, the Monastery proposal and continuing discussions re Al Anadlus. I would also add that
Justice Soothsayer: we still have the Electoral Commission, though it did not garner much attention last term.
Gwyneth Llewelyn: as well as the Ethics comission (also little attended)
Justice Soothsayer: We also have continuing concerns over vacancy rates and redevelopment of CN and sales in LA.
Justice Soothsayer: Yes, Jamie, Ethics Commission too. Makes me wonder about effectiveness of the Commission model of government, but we'll save that for another time.
Symo Kurka: Ok Thank you Justice
Symo Kurka: Any other items or proposals before we adjourn?
Gwyneth Llewelyn: vote on the deputy LRA first?
Justice Soothsayer: I'll also move to adopt last terms RA rules for this term, unless you would like to make that the first item of business next time.
Gwyneth Llewelyn seconds Justice of course
Symo Kurka: Justice please where can i read about it?
Cindy Ecksol thinks it sounds like we should defer rules discussion to next week
Symo Kurka agrees with Cindy
Justice Soothsayer: the rules? looking for link in forums
Soro Dagostino: Move Postponment
Jamie Palisades: it;s in each meeting notice
Jamie Palisades: like this
Jamie Palisades: "The CDS Representative Assembly will meet on 1st February 2009 at 8:00 am SLT (US Pacific Daylight Time) = 17:00 CEU at the Praetorium in Colonia Nova. Yes this location si confirmed. The meeting is expected to last up to 1.30 hours. Please see the following link regarding applicable procedural rules, which constrain some of our agenda and speaking time-limit practices: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1701"
Symo Kurka: ah ok
Symo Kurka: ok
Soro Dagostino: Motion is non-debateble
Justice Soothsayer: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1701
Jamie Palisades: but yeah, give everyone a week, on that and deputy LR, woudl be my advice :D not to debate
Soro Dagostino: It is on the floor
Justice Soothsayer: OK with postponing rules and LRA pro temport to next week.
Symo Kurka: That would be kind for new members
Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'm fine too...
Cindy Ecksol: whoever put it there can withdraw
Symo Kurka: I move to adjourn guys
Justice Soothsayer: sounds like we have a consensus to table
Justice Soothsayer: But Symo, rules also require a period of open discussion.
Justice Soothsayer: Not that I have anything, but perhaps someone else does.
Soro Dagostino: I am sorry, but there is a motion of precedence before the body.
Cindy Ecksol: who proposed the vote on rules? must be withdrawn.....
Soro Dagostino: It is a simple vote to postpone.
Justice Soothsayer: Cindy, I raised the rules issue and said it was OK to postpone to next time.
Cindy Ecksol: justice, you moved -- please withdraw
Cindy Ecksol: ok :-)
Cindy Ecksol: ok, soro?
Soro Dagostino: Yes.
Jamie Palisades smiles -the adjounement or the postponment? Ladie and gentlemen, the quickest way out here is EITHERr for justice to withdraw OR better for symo to ackowledgement that Soro's priovilieged postposement motion passes with out objection
Justice Soothsayer: I then suggested Symo hold on his motion to adjourn until we have complied with the rules calling for a period of open discussion in case anyone else has anything to add.
Gwyneth Llewelyn *giggles*
Jamie Palisades: then you have symo's privileged adjounrment motion :)
Cindy Ecksol: justice has withdrawn
Symo Kurka: Justice has withdrawn, the discussion is postponed to next RA, we are moving to adjourn
Soro Dagostino: Yay!
Cindy Ecksol is waiting to see if anyone has any open discussion items
Justice Soothsayer: Not that anyone seems to be bursting with comments, I just thought it would be helpful to afford the chance.
Gwyneth Llewelyn seconds the motion to adjourn
Soro Dagostino: aye
Rose Springvale: would like to sneak in an annoucement to remember the ball today
Cindy Ecksol: yes!
Symo Kurka: and aye
Lilith Ivory smiles
Rose Springvale: totally out f order of course
Justice Soothsayer votes aye since Rose snuck in her announcement.
Cindy Ecksol: music, dance, and scintillating conversation....
Moon Adamant: oh, can i do an announcement after Rose?
Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye aye aye
Symo Kurka: Hmm justice you did not vote
Symo Kurka: ah ok
Rose Springvale: yes he did ol
Cindy Ecksol: don't forget to wear your Pittsburgh Steelers clothing!
Rose Springvale: lag lag lag
Justice Soothsayer: "[9:50] Justice Soothsayer votes aye since Rose snuck in her announcement."
Symo Kurka: THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PATIENCE
Moon Adamant: thank you Symo
Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”