Resident Infohub Association

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Resident Infohub Association

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

Prokofy Neva, whom a few of you probably know or know of, has started a group to represent the "owners" of infohubs, since under the current LL regime it's something of an orphaned program. As you also already know, I claimed Anzere as a representative of the CDS (I believe this was during my term as Chancellor, so it was appropriate). I am still the 'official' rep of record so far as LL is concerned, so I was invited to this group - I have not been able to attend the meetings as I work nights.

Is this something we should be a part of? Should the Chancellor appoint someone to deal with it, or (given LL is hard pressed to keep to multi-year schedules, let alone our electoral ones) shall I just keep tabs? I have a notecard transcript of the first meeting Prok distributed I can post here, and I have invite ability to invite more appropriate reps from our government. (Being a member of the SC is better than just being a random citizen, admittedly, from our point of view, but still!)

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Resident Infohub Association

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Thanks for advising us. If you have the time, you are part of our government and certainly well informed, so why don't you do the liaising? As long as you are able to keep us regularly informed as it progresses (and particularly of any communications with the Lab), that should work our very well. Otherwise, let me know, and I will fill in if you can't. As you know, we have put in estate/concierge support tickets about this as well. CDS will reserve judgment on whether to join in a specific political movement or petition, if the group decides to start one (I would expect a decision like that to be brought back to the RA for a look), but we can at least converse and consider options. Thanks and regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”