ARE YOU READY TO MAKE MILLIONS FROM HOME EVERY DAY!!??

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

solomon mosely
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

ARE YOU READY TO MAKE MILLIONS FROM HOME EVERY DAY!!??

Post by solomon mosely »

hi, i'm picking up the business directory task and trying to match business with land marks for a tp board at each telehub. it will be in the style of the existing land and event boards and will be presented for approval at the end of the month with as many businesses as have responded by that time. we can add other businesses to the board as needed later.

below is the list of cds businesses as of the end of november. you can drop an lm on me in world or leave coordinates here. please be sure to tell me which business is yours, as i still don't know who owns what here and i wont necessarily know from your name.

thanks everybody for your participation in this. please let me know if you have any input. - sol

cn
dantons tool house
pip'sPrimus Inter Pares
soros mediation service
katrinna's lighthouse vendor katrinna okelly
museum shop
Guud, gwyn's utterly useless devices
cindy Ecksol Marbleld creations
satir decuirs roman outpost
outsider art
AK Creations
toga toga togas
Liliths shop and Art crypt
rains gelato cart
globetrotter tony
cascata Waterfall society
domus arriana Via Main, Colonia Nova (63, 135, 31)
justice soothsayer, colonia nova shop
cleopatra
big plywood cube Via Anaxilaus, Colonia Nova (45, 127, 31)
utarid & springvale
La
Carpe diem design Carpe Diem Design - Show houses , Locus Amoenus (196, 41, 28)
time machine P26, Locus Amoenus (84, 105, 26)
bells boutique

am
naftali torok, mexana

AM monastery
AM Unitied artists
cadijka house
Ria Bourcher Compagnie
strawberry fields?
nfs
antiquariat bookstore
perrotta cann & prieto,pc atty's
samantha fuller doors
dpu hq
eldtrich financial
commuity coop? jamie
csdf hq
MG fashion by Maria Gherardi (GL)
Kirhara Associates Slutniers
Baron Battle (FRC)
Weaponsmith, amulius Lioncort
Time Worn treasures
Constitution store
Trotsky's
Not My Tribe
zabuten, beautiful furniture from the mysterious east
ABSINTHE Neufreistadt
Uthango Bicycle Vendor
Consulate of Europa Wulfenbach
The Hat and Rabbit, assistance with Second LIfe
Night Owl Books
The Guided Tour Company
a little romance
TRANS FORM
neufreistadt center for meditation and yoga

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

YES!! SHOW ME HOW RIGHT NOW!!!

Post by Sonja Strom »

Thank you Solomon! This is great. :)

"The Hat and Rabbit ~ Assistance with Second Life" is owned by me. Its SLURL is: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Neufreistadt/205/228/174
Although, anybody using this address will arrive in the telehub of the Neufreistädter Marktplatz.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: ARE YOU READY TO MAKE MILLIONS FROM HOME EVERY DAY!!??

Post by Rose Springvale »

you hijacked my list! I'll sue!

smile

this list was compiled as of december 10 i think. These should be removed:
cn
Toga toga toga
Globetrotter tony's
cleopatra
waterfall society (i think)

LA
Bells boutique
I'm not sure if Ababrukh is selling anything from his house but there is a donation box there, so i'd add it

no change AM

NFS
the guided tour company
a little romance (mine, not in business)

add: Convivencia (Micael Khandr)

Utarid and Springvale is mine, but we sell nothing, from time to time host exhibits.

I can go through and give you names for the rest, and help you gather landmarks, but has to be next week. Check in with Brian Livingston about the actual kiosk, and we might want to ask the New Guild to revive the info center workgroup, which was active until November. While i love the idea of a business directory, and like Brians structures, i'm one of those people that gets nervous with a lot of clutter around. I'm worried that this kind of board with this many small shops might get that way fast... but maybe we could do something with streets or clusters of shops. Given the proximity to the teleport sites of many of the businesses, it might get a little odd to teleport just a few meters.

Good to be thinking.Thanks for all your energy and ideas! I hope we are able to use some of them before we frustrate you completely!

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

Great idea, and a charmingly named thread. I've sold the CN shop to Pip Torok.

solomon mosely
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by solomon mosely »

justice, sonja, thank you for playing. rose, thanks for the list. good luck with the case, i hope you know a decent lawyer.

i agree that clutter = bad in public spaces. i really like the style of brian's signs. i am wondering if there is such a system that could have a series of buttons across the bottom of a sign that when pushed, would call up a corresponding sign. NOT the vendor scroll system (i realy don't like it), but say just four simple, labeled buttons like EVENTS, LAND FOR SALE, BUSINESS DIRECTORY, POINTS OF INTEREST, YADADA..... and it can all live on one sign. i'd like this magic board to offer _customers_ a map they can leave open on their viewer as they stroll our well designed streets.

but, putting all the businesses of a sim like nfs on one map and have the names readable is not looking so easy. any great ideas?

symokurka
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by symokurka »

Solomon,

putting all the businesses of a sim like nfs on one map

Well first of all thanks for the great job.
Just a small advice, it's a known mistake trying to communicate too many things (EVENTS, LAND FOR SALE, BUSINESS DIRECTORY, POINTS OF INTEREST...) in ONE device, alas I'm afraid we have to focus, and possibly have one map for each theme...
Sounds crazy hum

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

Monastery: I am not sure that it has to be included in businesses. The Monastery sells only small items to finance its projects and has a donation box.
Domus Arriana: I am not sure that I will keep this shop or maybe I will move it down the street.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Was this project ever implemented? I always thought it was a good idea. :idea:

One of the public signs in the Neufreistadt Marktplatz has three buttons that can be chosen for "Web Portal," "Events Calendar," and "About the CDS." Maybe the two that say "Web Portal" and "About the CDS" could be combined into one, and a new button could be put there called something like "Shopping and Nightlife." 8) I also think it would be nice to have these in German as well as English, for authenticity and appeal to German-speakers in SL.

On the other side of this board is a community bulletin board. I tried to put a notice there that Annabella's Trachtenladen is now open on the Marktplatz, but I could not get it to work. :?

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”