A plea to those submitting legislation

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

A plea to those submitting legislation

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

I am assembling the agenda for tomorrow and am already in a pickle. Looking in the Legislative Discussion thread, there are 10 proposals posted. I only have notecards for six of them. Three issues arise:

1. Do the authors of those for which I have no notecards wish their items to be on agenda Saturday, or are they to be seen as 'public trial balloons'?

2. RA Procedures say that items [b:2tmgmhge]should [/b:2tmgmhge]be submitted on notecard and that [b:2tmgmhge]it is suggested[/b:2tmgmhge] they be posted to forums. Last term, there was a controversy about which, if any forum, had official status. At the time I made a decision in my capacity as LRA that the dropping of a notecard was what constituted official submission of an item.

3. I work on the Linux client. It as yet has no cut and paste. Retyping my own bills is a hassle. Retyping everyone's is a hardship, especially when the submissions reach double digits.

Please put your proposals on notecards :)

Thanks.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

OK. We need to find procedures that are workable :)

I put both of my proposals (constitutional change regarding referenda and bill authorising fundraising for expansion) on notecards and gave them to a member of the RA, Jon Seattle. I think that means they should be in time to be debated at the next RA meeting.

I will try to get inworld to drop them on you too :)

Can we have a proposal for how you would like proposals to be submitted, then we're all clear about what is expected?

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

What you did was fine, Patroklus. I need the cards from the other members of the RA by the agenda deadline so I have time to put the agenda together and set up the notecard distributer.

Return to “Legislative Discussion”