RA Meeting 1st March TRANSCRIPT missing part

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:14 am

RA Meeting 1st March TRANSCRIPT missing part

Post by symokurka »

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks Jamie for providing this missing (and precious) part

[2009/03/01 9:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (and hi jamie)
[2009/03/01 9:19] Jamie Palisades: but Justice';s new rules would constrint it somewhat
[2009/03/01 9:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, they would
[2009/03/01 9:19] Jamie Palisades: :D
[2009/03/01 9:19] Jamie Palisades: Gosh what a shock
[2009/03/01 9:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Which we will just vote on point II :D
[2009/03/01 9:20] Symo Kurka: Ok the first poin is just an info
[2009/03/01 9:20] Justice Soothsayer: sorry to be late
[2009/03/01 9:20] Jamie Palisades: Gwyn, Symo tries to work by consensus - i find it admirable - and rather new wave for CDS :)
[2009/03/01 9:20] Soro Dagostino: Move Approval
[2009/03/01 9:20] Sonja Strom: No problem Justice, we are just talking about the agenda for today.
[2009/03/01 9:20] Pip Torok: seconded
[2009/03/01 9:20] Symo Kurka: I quote a msg i received from SC
[2009/03/01 9:20] Soro Dagostino: Call the question
[2009/03/01 9:20] Symo Kurka: Since the Stonebender nomination was communicated to you and posted on 28 January, my read of 4-8 is that the RA has a deadline of 27 February to act on the nomination or it is automatically ratified.
[2009/03/01 9:21] Cindy Ecksol: true
[2009/03/01 9:21] Symo Kurka: If there is any objection to Aliasi, a special meeting may be necessary.
[2009/03/01 9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Indeed. Welcome, Aliasi :D
[2009/03/01 9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Too late for tha now, Symo hehe
[2009/03/01 9:21] Sonja Strom: Is she here?
[2009/03/01 9:21] Symo Kurka: So if anybody has objections speak now or never
[2009/03/01 9:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (no, but I hope she reads the transcripts, Sonja ;) )
[2009/03/01 9:21] Sonja Strom: I have only one real objection,
[2009/03/01 9:22] Sonja Strom: which is that I do not want to appoint her to the SC if she can not come to accept the nomination.
[2009/03/01 9:22] Symo Kurka: well sonja
[2009/03/01 9:22] Symo Kurka: please read
[2009/03/01 9:22] Cindy Ecksol raises hand
[2009/03/01 9:23] Symo Kurka: http://portal.slcds.info/index.php?id=149 .
[2009/03/01 9:23] Symo Kurka: Yes cindy
[2009/03/01 9:23] Sonja Strom: Oh, ok - - well, then I guess she can get in automatically.
[2009/03/01 9:23] Symo Kurka: Yes Sonja
[2009/03/01 9:24] Soro Dagostino: Raises hand.
[2009/03/01 9:24] Sonja Strom: But not with my vote.
[2009/03/01 9:24] Symo Kurka: we can ask her anyway by courtesy to attend one of our next meetings ok??
[2009/03/01 9:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Attend, yes.
[2009/03/01 9:24] Symo Kurka: Soro
[2009/03/01 9:24] Cindy Ecksol: my question, symo, is whether anyone asked her specifically to be here at this meeting
[2009/03/01 9:24] Soro Dagostino: I think we ought to show that we support the nomination
[2009/03/01 9:24] Symo Kurka: No Cindy alas nobody did
[2009/03/01 9:24] Sonja Strom: For me it depends on if she wants us to vote to support her - if she does not care about that then there is no real reason for her to come to one of our meetings.
[2009/03/01 9:25] Symo Kurka: Of course i suppose we all do except sonja?
[2009/03/01 9:25] Cindy Ecksol: well, I will just point out that it is unreasonable to hold her to Sonja's standard if no one asked her to attend
[2009/03/01 9:25] Justice Soothsayer: I would have preferred to have a discussion with her first, but I think it's our fault we didn't keep track of the timing.
[2009/03/01 9:25] Cindy Ecksol: she may not even know that her nomination is up for approval today
[2009/03/01 9:25] Sonja Strom: Did Aliasi not know that we might want to talk with her before we vote her in?
[2009/03/01 9:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well it's a procedural thingy really... the RA 'forgot' to confirm her appointment, so, well, there is no turning back the clock.
[2009/03/01 9:25] Symo Kurka: I jst move to propose the following
[2009/03/01 9:26] Symo Kurka: Nomination is obviously ratified but we would love to meet her in RA
[2009/03/01 9:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn notices that she has only echoed what Justice already said. Sorry.
[2009/03/01 9:26] Soro Dagostino: Raises hand
[2009/03/01 9:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hmm I'm sorry, Symo, but what purpose would that have? She's a SC member now, she isn't answerable to the RA anymore...
[2009/03/01 9:26] Justice Soothsayer is always willing to be echoed by the lovely Gwyn
[2009/03/01 9:26] Pip Torok: thats the best glos upon this imo
[2009/03/01 9:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol
[2009/03/01 9:27] Symo Kurka: Soro?
[2009/03/01 9:27] Soro Dagostino: Never mind.
[2009/03/01 9:27] Symo Kurka: Ok
[2009/03/01 9:27] Sonja Strom: I do not dislike Aliasi - I just think for us to vote on her nomination it would be best for her to be at the meeting.
[2009/03/01 9:27] Symo Kurka: So i propose TO INVITE her, just to invite her by courtesy
[2009/03/01 9:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, but we aren't allowed to do "a posteriori" invitations :D
[2009/03/01 9:28] Symo Kurka: Gwyn COURTESY is not compulsoruy
[2009/03/01 9:28] Sonja Strom: She does not need to come to our meeting or to be voted in by us to become a member of the SC.
[2009/03/01 9:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: well, or not explicitly allowed
[2009/03/01 9:28] Symo Kurka: Ok
[2009/03/01 9:28] Symo Kurka: guys
[2009/03/01 9:28] Symo Kurka: we cannot waste our time on this
[2009/03/01 9:28] Soro Dagostino: We have
[2009/03/01 9:28] Justice Soothsayer: indeed
[2009/03/01 9:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: agreed :)
[2009/03/01 9:29] Symo Kurka: So i personally invite Aliasi for courtesy
[2009/03/01 9:29] Symo Kurka: to meet us if she can
[2009/03/01 9:29] Justice Soothsayer: Ali is on SC; future nominees should be scheduled for a discussion w/RA before we vote, or we vote 'em down.
[2009/03/01 9:29] Symo Kurka: AND we go on on second point
[2009/03/01 9:29] Pip Torok: (agree)
[2009/03/01 9:29] Symo Kurka: SECOND POINT
[2009/03/01 9:29] Sonja Strom: OK, I agree with that also.
[2009/03/01 9:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: heeh Justice. yes, that would actually make more sense ;) Was that a motion? :-)
[2009/03/01 9:30] Symo Kurka: III. RA RULES OF PROCEDURE (9:20 to 9:30)
Second draft bill from Justice Soothsayer
[2009/03/01 9:30] Justice Soothsayer: revised after input at last meeting
[2009/03/01 9:30] Symo Kurka: Yes justice to you
[2009/03/01 9:30] Soro Dagostino: I looked for it this morning . . . couldn't find it.
[2009/03/01 9:31] Symo Kurka: No discussion?
[2009/03/01 9:31] Justice Soothsayer loking for link
[2009/03/01 9:32] Justice Soothsayer: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1701
[2009/03/01 9:32] Justice Soothsayer: I'll move adoption.
[2009/03/01 9:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Seconded :)
[2009/03/01 9:33] Symo Kurka: Ok for all?
[2009/03/01 9:33] Cindy Ecksol: discussion?
[2009/03/01 9:33] Jamie Palisades raises hand
[2009/03/01 9:33] Symo Kurka: Jamie?
[2009/03/01 9:33] Jamie Palisades: I note that sometimes RAs have gone well ove or under those 10 and 15 minute limits
[2009/03/01 9:33] Jamie Palisades: it seems harmless
[2009/03/01 9:34] Jamie Palisades: but I just wamnted to comment, well, it;s my hope that RA members have a bit of flexibility in regular practice
[2009/03/01 9:34] Symo Kurka: any amendment proposal Jamie?
[2009/03/01 9:34] Jamie Palisades: the limits give you a rule of thumb to cut off fdebates
[2009/03/01 9:34] Jamie Palisades: Symo -
[2009/03/01 9:34] Justice Soothsayer: The RA can always vote to extend time when needed
[2009/03/01 9:34] Jamie Palisades: not needed if it;s understood that the RA can agree to extend debate
[2009/03/01 9:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Quoting Justice: "The RA majority can always extend the time for debate under Rule 2(B) if needed."
[2009/03/01 9:35] Jamie Palisades: right - what he said :)
[2009/03/01 9:35] Jamie Palisades: good
[2009/03/01 9:35] Jamie Palisades: thx'
[2009/03/01 9:35] Symo Kurka: Can i comment that if RA members have NOT a bit of flexibility in regular practice they SHOULD NOT be here?
[2009/03/01 9:35] Justice Soothsayer is ready to vote
[2009/03/01 9:35] Symo Kurka: lol
[2009/03/01 9:36] Jamie Palisades: :D one hopes the electorate has that wisdom
[2009/03/01 9:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn smiles :D
[2009/03/01 9:36] Pip Torok: dont forget rules are ALWAYS used with discretion ...
[2009/03/01 9:36] Symo Kurka: Ok
[2009/03/01 9:36] Symo Kurka: any amendment proposed?
[2009/03/01 9:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn remains silent :)
[2009/03/01 9:37] Symo Kurka: Ok we vote aye for Justice' new Bill
[2009/03/01 9:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Aye :)
[2009/03/01 9:37] Symo Kurka: or nay if we do not agree
[2009/03/01 9:37] Justice Soothsayer votes Aye
[2009/03/01 9:37] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[2009/03/01 9:37] Soro Dagostino: aye
[2009/03/01 9:38] Pip Torok: aye
[2009/03/01 9:38] Symo Kurka: great
[2009/03/01 9:38] Symo Kurka: unanimous, aye
[2009/03/01 9:38] Symo Kurka: POINT 4
[2009/03/01 9:38] Pip Torok: sonja (did she vote?)
[2009/03/01 9:38] Sonja Strom: aye, sorry IMs
[2009/03/01 9:38] Symo Kurka: sorry sonja???
[2009/03/01 9:38] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2009/03/01 9:39] Symo Kurka: point IV
[2009/03/01 9:39] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Go Jamie go :)
[2009/03/01 9:39] Symo Kurka: CHANCELLOR's monthly report
[2009/03/01 9:39] Symo Kurka: i invite Jamie to speak
[2009/03/01 9:39] Jamie Palisades: Thanks :)
[2009/03/01 9:39] Jamie Palisades: First, on APPOINTMENTS:
[2009/03/01 9:39] Sonja Strom: I would like to thank everybody who put in so much work on arriving at these RA procedures.
[2009/03/01 9:39] Jamie Palisades waits, no problem, let me know
[2009/03/01 9:40] Sonja Strom: That was all, but I wanted to say thank you for all of this work :-).
[2009/03/01 9:40] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :))
[2009/03/01 9:40] Jamie Palisades: OK
[2009/03/01 9:40] Symo Kurka: Ok thank you all let's go on please, Jamie...
[2009/03/01 9:40] Jamie Palisades: appointments :)
[2009/03/01 9:41] Jamie Palisades: We have the benefit of our usual kind volunteers, thank heaven
[2009/03/01 9:41] Jamie Palisades: all such announcements go to the forums
[2009/03/01 9:41] Jamie Palisades: but I have not yet announced the reappointment of Brian and Rose as co-PIOs.
[2009/03/01 9:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hooray :D
[2009/03/01 9:41] Jamie Palisades: There's a reason :) they are (again, thank god) willing to continue to serve as well
[2009/03/01 9:41] Jamie Palisades: but
[2009/03/01 9:41] Jamie Palisades: I plan to implement a title change and in one case a duties change
[2009/03/01 9:42] Jamie Palisades: so this is your notification, and we will post it to the forums as well for comments
[2009/03/01 9:42] Jamie Palisades: in that way
[2009/03/01 9:42] Jamie Palisades: :) while the RA need not act to confirm it, it gives you a chance if you think we're doing something dumb
[2009/03/01 9:42] Jamie Palisades grins - perish the thought
[2009/03/01 9:42] Symo Kurka smiles
[2009/03/01 9:42] Jamie Palisades: 1. I plan to change Brians' title slightly from PIO to CIO
[2009/03/01 9:43] Pip Torok: <grim chuckle>
[2009/03/01 9:43] Jamie Palisades: that is, Chief Information Officer
[2009/03/01 9:43] Jamie Palisades: which has a slightly broader meaning in business
[2009/03/01 9:43] Jamie Palisades: and seems better to suit his role
[2009/03/01 9:43] Jamie Palisades: again :) two weeks to comment or stop us
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: Rose, again, thank heaven, continues to be willign to serve in her many roles assisting CDS
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: I've asked her to take on a new one as well
[2009/03/01 9:44] Symo Kurka thinks it sounds nuance to non english language natives
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: she is increaingly finding assistance to run events
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: :)
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: then you won't mind it, Symo
[2009/03/01 9:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hah!
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: "CIO" is meaningful in a US business context - a nice title to have
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: ahem :)
[2009/03/01 9:44] Symo Kurka: kkkk
[2009/03/01 9:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: There is indeed a subtle difference; but Rose's title first, please...
[2009/03/01 9:44] Symo Kurka: lol
[2009/03/01 9:44] Jamie Palisades: Rose is getting help with events
[2009/03/01 9:45] Jamie Palisades: and I have asked her to take a bigger role in new citizen development
[2009/03/01 9:45] Jamie Palisades: which actually relates strongly to events
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: So essentially this is a "development" job
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: I might add
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: it does not include sim expansion
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: for one thing
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: that's my job
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: for another
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: she owns AA
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: so in MY view - unlike that of some of our friends here - that's a conflict of interest
[2009/03/01 9:46] Jamie Palisades: so Rose could not be involved properly in any CDS decision about AA
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: um, that is, for those of us who believe there is such a thing as a conflict of interest (smile)
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: AA being Al Andalus
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: now
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: that also means that, between Rose and I,
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: we woudl be able to lift from Sudane a burden she's long found annoying
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: *found
[2009/03/01 9:47] Jamie Palisades: which is being our real estate seller, as well as treasurer
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: I belideve you all know that I find it VERY important
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: that we have a fair
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: transparent
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: real estate market
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: so, getting some more hands on deck there will matter
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: ... also, as a sheer practical matter
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: Rose and I are involved in most new citizen touches
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: and if we have the land handy, well, that will help
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: also
[2009/03/01 9:48] Jamie Palisades: as you know hah hah
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: Justice will recall my promise from last term on this
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: I have been too darn slow to get the land software issue resolved
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: so help there, as well, would be a gooooood thing
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: now :) Gwyn's focus
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: title
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: :D I don't know
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: I see three options
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: and plan to get feedback on this as well via the forums, and come back to it in two weeks
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: one is Director of Development
[2009/03/01 9:49] Jamie Palisades: (a little corporate, for us)
[2009/03/01 9:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
[2009/03/01 9:50] Jamie Palisades: one is Chief Development Officeer
[2009/03/01 9:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Minister for Development? :-D
[2009/03/01 9:50] Jamie Palisades: (or chief SOMETHING officer)
[2009/03/01 9:50] Jamie Palisades: could be
[2009/03/01 9:50] Jamie Palisades: at present we do not have ministers, so there's a parallellism Q
[2009/03/01 9:50] Jamie Palisades: but :) honestly? not too concerned
[2009/03/01 9:50] Jamie Palisades: as long as
[2009/03/01 9:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (true, it was meant as a joke, sorry to interrupt)
[2009/03/01 9:51] Justice Soothsayer: what is latin for "Realtor"?
[2009/03/01 9:51] Soro Dagostino: brb
[2009/03/01 9:51] Jamie Palisades: it does not get a goofy embarrassing science fiction name :)
[2009/03/01 9:51] Sonja Strom: Chief Internal Affairs Officer = CIAO, lol
[2009/03/01 9:51] Jamie Palisades: there's another option, grin
[2009/03/01 9:51] Jamie Palisades: designed to make the teeth of political opponents fall out
[2009/03/01 9:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: LOL Sonja!!!
[2009/03/01 9:51] Justice Soothsayer: lol Sonja
[2009/03/01 9:51] Sonja Strom: :-)
[2009/03/01 9:51] Jamie Palisades: ick sonja sounds ilke the secret police :D
[2009/03/01 9:51] Sonja Strom: lol
[2009/03/01 9:51] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[2009/03/01 9:52] Cindy Ecksol loves sonja's acronym!!!
[2009/03/01 9:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: me too hehe
[2009/03/01 9:52] Jamie Palisades: ther better title for us from a sales point of view, of course, would be deputy chancellor for development, smile
[2009/03/01 9:52] Jamie Palisades: so
[2009/03/01 9:52] Jamie Palisades: we will take comments for two weeks and see
[2009/03/01 9:52] Jamie Palisades: done with that topic
[2009/03/01 9:52] Jamie Palisades: ... LAND
[2009/03/01 9:53] Jamie Palisades: You may have noticed that Locus Amoenus is almost fully sold; once again, our residential space is near capacity, except for some tough-to-sell space in Colonia Nova and a few random turnovers each month. As we've discussed, practically each new event brings prospects and often new citizens.
[2009/03/01 9:53] Jamie Palisades: You will see that I announced and opened the bid process for our open commercial land this weekend as well; we'll see how the reduced-price plan enacted by the last RA for commercial land works, now that the SL "real estate market" has calmed down a little. I note that a number of estate sims now do deep discounts or in some cases sell new land for free, just to ensure that their monthly tier keeps coming in, So we will see how that market develops.
[2009/03/01 9:53] Jamie Palisades: here's that link
[2009/03/01 9:53] Jamie Palisades: for process ->
[2009/03/01 9:53] Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2359
[2009/03/01 9:54] Jamie Palisades: and for the first three parcels ->
[2009/03/01 9:54] Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2360
[2009/03/01 9:54] Jamie Palisades: in case you are wondering
[2009/03/01 9:54] Jamie Palisades: that's is Pelanor's old corner Marktplatz lot
[2009/03/01 9:54] Jamie Palisades: in NFS
[2009/03/01 9:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: uh-huh
[2009/03/01 9:54] Jamie Palisades: and Bruno's two Corda lots in CN
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: I do not plan to announce on the website plans to offer other parcels in advance
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: because, well, that discourages bids
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: but
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: FYI
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: I expect the lots being re-done by Solomon and Lilith now
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: (in the SE corner of CN city, under Guild auspices)
[2009/03/01 9:55] Jamie Palisades: to be added to those, as soon as they are done.
[2009/03/01 9:56] Jamie Palisades: and we think that will help make that space more attractive as well.
[2009/03/01 9:56] Jamie Palisades: It continues to be a very important issue to me that CDS offer new or reclaimed land in a fair way, so all interested parties have a chance. I have asked Rose to help with this in two stages -- one to develop a broker-like system so that we always have a visible queue for land opportunities, and the other in the final selection and installation of appropriate neutral software for self-help land purchases. See my comments about her proposed job responsibilities.
[2009/03/01 9:56] Jamie Palisades: I'm done with land issues.
[2009/03/01 9:56] Jamie Palisades: EVENTS
[2009/03/01 9:56] Jamie Palisades: Our first attempt at an inaugural ball was right on the heels of a Neufreistadt sim crash ... as the bumper sticker says, "stuff happens." So we had a fine but informal event, and invited people to come back for the Colonia Nova grand tour.
We enjoyed a successful return of the inter-estate Grand Tour in February. Our Alpine sims hosted a ski event, as the tour's first stop, and many CDS citizens and visitors enjoyed a new ski run -- which we'll talk about again later in this report. A second Grand Tour event, which also served as our inaugural ball mark 2, was hosted in the space renovated by Solomon Mosely on the old commercial site in Colonia Nova, very nicely decorated (thanks Sol). And thanks always to Rose for her matchless help with event administration.
[2009/03/01 9:56] Jamie Palisades: The ski event, well, rocked.
[2009/03/01 9:57] Jamie Palisades: We have made some official and unoffical improvements to facilitate it.
[2009/03/01 9:57] Jamie Palisades: I expect to finalize our ski routes for further use in future winter seasons ...
[2009/03/01 9:57] Cindy Ecksol: /me cheers for great ski runs
[2009/03/01 9:57] Jamie Palisades: and will post that map as well. Note that snow is "expected" to leave on 15 March
[2009/03/01 9:57] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2009/03/01 9:58] Jamie Palisades: this is the Alps, not Caledon :)
[2009/03/01 9:58] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aww
[2009/03/01 9:58] Jamie Palisades: and between now and then, we can have rousing chats about stuff like
[2009/03/01 9:58] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[2009/03/01 9:58] Jamie Palisades: - is the hill above cindy's AM house a death jump?
[2009/03/01 9:58] Symo Kurka: lol
[2009/03/01 9:58] Cindy Ecksol: hee hee!
[2009/03/01 9:58] Cindy Ecksol: I LOVE that jump!!!
[2009/03/01 9:58] Jamie Palisades: - should we keep a run over Pip's amphitheatre land?
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: - are you all appalled by the temporary bridge I put on one AM path? :D
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: etc
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: should be fun
[2009/03/01 9:59] Pip Torok: id be happy if the theatre itself isn't touched
[2009/03/01 9:59] Cindy Ecksol loves the bridge too....although it surprised her at first
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades nods
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: but we have a lot of ski fans, so let's get the public feedback
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: ... last item ...
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: EVENTS BUDGET AND PROGRAM
[2009/03/01 9:59] Jamie Palisades: By way of reminder
[2009/03/01 10:00] Jamie Palisades: last term we were extremely conservative
[2009/03/01 10:00] Jamie Palisades: spending only 1/4 of our operating monthly surplus AFTER expenses
[2009/03/01 10:00] Jamie Palisades: and I told the RA then that I expected to do more this term
[2009/03/01 10:00] Jamie Palisades: I do, and let me elaborate.
[2009/03/01 10:01] Jamie Palisades: We spend (per the Sept 2008 RA chats) an average of about L$11000/month on event and culture programming
[2009/03/01 10:01] Jamie Palisades: is is about a fourth of the funds available AFTER reserving at the level Sudane recommended
[2009/03/01 10:01] Jamie Palisades: so I plan to double or triple that :)
[2009/03/01 10:01] Jamie Palisades: but
[2009/03/01 10:01] Jamie Palisades: actually :) I plan to have CDS citizens double or triple it
[2009/03/01 10:01] Jamie Palisades: as follows
[2009/03/01 10:02] Jamie Palisades: 1. I will recommend that we appoint a standing Culture and Art panel -- a commission, perhaps, but not under the temporary-project rules now used -- of at least 3 members, who will allocate event funds for cultural and art activities in CDS.
[2009/03/01 10:02] Jamie Palisades: Let some interested citizens (with appriopriate conflict of interest rules) bring us the stuff they thik suited, let's see if they can out do Rose and I :D
[2009/03/01 10:02] Jamie Palisades: which would be great - and I think they can
[2009/03/01 10:03] Jamie Palisades: I will suggest names shortly - but a moment's thought will tell you that we have a number of creatives here who would do a fine jobn
[2009/03/01 10:03] Jamie Palisades: 2.
[2009/03/01 10:03] Jamie Palisades: I will recommend that EACH sim (note we have four) be given, through a simple consensus panel of landowners in that sim, a budget for LOCAL in-theme events.
[2009/03/01 10:04] Jamie Palisades: If CN and LA want more saturnalias, well, Godspeed
[2009/03/01 10:04] Cindy Ecksol claps
[2009/03/01 10:04] Jamie Palisades: While both of these methods will be essentially selfgovernance
[2009/03/01 10:04] Jamie Palisades: and NOT a big rules to do :)
[2009/03/01 10:04] Jamie Palisades: They still would be subject to administrative supervision (sudane and I still get involve in signoffs like we do today - a check on people paying themselves )
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: We still have a current budget for CDS-wide events
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: but some of the concerts and fun stuff can be "downstreamed".
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: I might add that a local-control fund also would
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: coincidentally
[2009/03/01 10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn shouts: Ok, I do have a few questions, and I do apologise in advance if there are answers on the forums. Links would be mostly appreciated if there are any answers already.
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: probably solve the biggest single current concern of Al Andalaus residents
[2009/03/01 10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oops
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: :)
[2009/03/01 10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: sorry
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: :D
[2009/03/01 10:05] Jamie Palisades: Done
[2009/03/01 10:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: wrong key :P
[2009/03/01 10:06] Jamie Palisades smiles at the excited Senator
[2009/03/01 10:06] Symo Kurka: Now we all know Gwyn has a Third Life
[2009/03/01 10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: More like the silly Senator who doesn't know the difference between Ctrl and Cmd :O
[2009/03/01 10:06] Jamie Palisades: .. command and control is dead, we all know that :D ..)
[2009/03/01 10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: haha
[2009/03/01 10:06] Symo Kurka: Well it seems that our friend Jamie did not sleep much in the last weeks.
[2009/03/01 10:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, anyhow, I'll put myself in the queue for some questions, Symo...
[2009/03/01 10:07] Symo Kurka: Ok please try to be concise with questions, we all will need a few days to get through all that reading in forums
[2009/03/01 10:07] Symo Kurka: And a personal thank to Jamie
[2009/03/01 10:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, so I suppose most of it will be in the forums anyway....
[2009/03/01 10:08] Symo Kurka: Ok Gwyn..questions??
[2009/03/01 10:08] Jamie Palisades: sure - but if there are top-of-the-head questions now, shoot :)
[2009/03/01 10:08] Jamie Palisades: so to speak
[2009/03/01 10:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So yes, first: THANKS! :D
[2009/03/01 10:08] Pip Torok: i have one question jamie ... there are citizens (like me) who are members of AA ie have property and go to their meetings ... should "we" desist from certain discussions because of conflict of interest?
[2009/03/01 10:08] Jamie Palisades: :/ i do not think so Pip - Rose OWNS it and would be a seller and us a buyer, basically
[2009/03/01 10:08] Symo Kurka: First was Gwyn
[2009/03/01 10:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh, Pip can go first :))
[2009/03/01 10:08] Jamie Palisades oops - carry on
[2009/03/01 10:09] Soro Dagostino: Raises hand.
[2009/03/01 10:09] Jamie Palisades: (not that it's a "purchase" technically - but the basic idea is the same. LOTS of people overlap as citizens, though.
[2009/03/01 10:09] Symo Kurka: The line is Gwyn, Pip, Soro
[2009/03/01 10:09] Jamie Palisades: Pip, were you answered?
[2009/03/01 10:09] Pip Torok: yes!
[2009/03/01 10:09] Symo Kurka: kk
[2009/03/01 10:09] Jamie Palisades: Gwyn?
[2009/03/01 10:09] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, the first one is about clarifying the role of Treasurer and Estate Owner under the new executive. If I understand it, Sudane will focus on treasury; others (Rose, yourself) will mostly manage parcel allocation to citizens etc.
[2009/03/01 10:10] Jamie Palisades: that's the concept
[2009/03/01 10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (note: I do agree this is an awesome concept!)
[2009/03/01 10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok :)
[2009/03/01 10:10] Jamie Palisades: we get a LOT of work from Sudane already
[2009/03/01 10:10] Jamie Palisades: and
[2009/03/01 10:10] Jamie Palisades: the hope is that automation will simply radically
[2009/03/01 10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Next, I *totally* agree with MORE spending in events!!
[2009/03/01 10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ah yes G€” I understand that a new land management tool is propsoed for development
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ok, I'm sure we'll know more about that, once it's done :)
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Event funding G€” by all means, increase the fundiing :)))
[2009/03/01 10:11] Jamie Palisades: (software on which I am horridly late, gwyn :D ... was discussed at end of 9th RA)
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'm quite intrigued about this "Arts Committee" though
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (yes, that's fine)
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: What will be the legal status of that body,
[2009/03/01 10:11] Jamie Palisades: well
[2009/03/01 10:11] Jamie Palisades: as of now
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: Chancellor does it
[2009/03/01 10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ie. is it an advisory NGO to the Chancellor?
[2009/03/01 10:12] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes.
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: so power devolves from executive if at all, legally speaking
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: hmm - an NGO seems like overkill
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: I see it as an executive advisory panel
[2009/03/01 10:12] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So is it "part" of the executive, like, say, the Janitors?
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: but like any executive activities
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: subject to oversight
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: and
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: realistically
[2009/03/01 10:12] Jamie Palisades: a way to push more decision making on citizens :D
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: get some more minds in here
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: a little empowerment
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: like I said, though, same fiscal supervision loop as always
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: just not ALL instigated by Rose and me anymore
[2009/03/01 10:13] Gwyneth Llewelyn: That's where my question was... will this be an appointed body by the Executive? (mind you, this is a neutral question; the Executive has full power to do that)
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: I expect so, yes
[2009/03/01 10:13] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok :)
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: take a look at the commercial land bid process, BTW
[2009/03/01 10:13] Jamie Palisades: another instance of an executive panel
[2009/03/01 10:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ah good point. Yes.
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: but there I am asking factions to nominate people
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: here
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: the art thing
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: we're looking for artists :D
[2009/03/01 10:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Following that.... the same will apply to the "local" event groups, ie. the Chancellor will appoint a group of people on each sim to deal with local events?
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: i do not think so
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: though I have given myself two weeks
[2009/03/01 10:14] Soro Dagostino: zzzzzzzz
[2009/03/01 10:14] Jamie Palisades: I think we need to have any land owner eligible to come chat about what -- locus ameonus -- wants
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: i expect that I will end up going to a bunch of horrid town meetings :D
[2009/03/01 10:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, so like "Local Town Halls"
[2009/03/01 10:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: With Executive oversight,
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: but our role is to facilitate what makes the locals happy
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: and give them a budget
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: yup
[2009/03/01 10:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and referring to the "Arts Committee"?
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: oh - sorry if that was unclear
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: nio
[2009/03/01 10:15] Cindy Ecksol thinks this has interesting implications for future development of CDS government as we grow
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: two budgets
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: three really
[2009/03/01 10:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn seconds Cindy's thinking hehe
[2009/03/01 10:15] Jamie Palisades: 1. existing - managed by executive/PIO people
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: 2. arts council
[2009/03/01 10:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ahhh
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: 3. local councils
[2009/03/01 10:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: All right, all right
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: :D thus the word "triple"
[2009/03/01 10:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Got it! I'm slow, I know...
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: and
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: honestly
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: I am trying to suggest somethimg simple, that does not require us to grapple with big-picture local-government puzzles
[2009/03/01 10:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, I wasn't understanding the relation hehe G€” so overall funding will triple *because* there will be two new event funding sinks :)
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: :) not trying to mess with RA structure etcetcetc
[2009/03/01 10:16] Jamie Palisades: yes
[2009/03/01 10:17] Jamie Palisades: if you guys want local GOVERNMENTS, not just local event kitties, well, that's for someone else's drafting pen, for now :D
[2009/03/01 10:17] Symo Kurka thinks "structure"???
[2009/03/01 10:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, I won't ask more questions :) ty so much! I find this a very intriguing idea actually, and one that might solve, in the future, the issue about the AA merger ;)
[2009/03/01 10:17] Jamie Palisades: kitty = colloquial for "small pot of money"
[2009/03/01 10:17] Jamie Palisades: there was a third questioner?
[2009/03/01 10:17] Symo Kurka: Ok there was Soro too??
[2009/03/01 10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, not from me, Soro's next
[2009/03/01 10:18] Soro Dagostino: Actually a comment on conflicts.
[2009/03/01 10:18] Jamie Palisades: :)
[2009/03/01 10:18] Soro Dagostino: If I remember.
[2009/03/01 10:18] Soro Dagostino: The requirement should be disclosure.
[2009/03/01 10:18] Soro Dagostino: Not that they have to stop speaking.
[2009/03/01 10:19] Jamie Palisades nods - Soro I think my concern is that we not have a panel of two people who vote to give themselves all the money
[2009/03/01 10:19] Soro Dagostino: So long as its on the agenda item.
[2009/03/01 10:19] Jamie Palisades: :)
[2009/03/01 10:20] Jamie Palisades: :) so if there are votes - as seems inevitable in the Arts Council case - I'd expect some abstensions by people who have a proposal on the table
[2009/03/01 10:20] Soro Dagostino: Agreed
[2009/03/01 10:20] Symo Kurka: Other questions?
[2009/03/01 10:21] Jamie Palisades: thanks very much then
[2009/03/01 10:21] Symo Kurka: /
[2009/03/01 10:21] Justice Soothsayer: Jamie, did you ge tthe word that we were looking for a report on AA?
[2009/03/01 10:21] Jamie Palisades: Justice, shall I give you a short answer now?
[2009/03/01 10:22] Justice Soothsayer: sure
[2009/03/01 10:22] Jamie Palisades: Or better in writing? Symo?
[2009/03/01 10:22] Justice Soothsayer: I the LRA permits
[2009/03/01 10:22] Justice Soothsayer: *If the LRA permits
[2009/03/01 10:22] Symo Kurka: Hum
[2009/03/01 10:22] Justice Soothsayer: But the short question was whether you knew we wanted a report, not what is your report.
[2009/03/01 10:22] Symo Kurka: i think on this complex matter we cannot fix time terms
[2009/03/01 10:22] Jamie Palisades: ah
[2009/03/01 10:22] Jamie Palisades: :) yes
[2009/03/01 10:22] Jamie Palisades: The LRA informed me
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: so what's your wish? also - hm - the date on that was not today
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: but still
[2009/03/01 10:23] Justice Soothsayer: Any likely time frame from your perspective?
[2009/03/01 10:23] Justice Soothsayer: For the report, that is.
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: want the four sentence version now, with more detail by the orgin deadline?
[2009/03/01 10:23] Justice Soothsayer: aye
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: which I thought was 15 march, but not looking at the msg
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: right then
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: :) we have five issues as I see it with AA
[2009/03/01 10:23] Jamie Palisades: 1. Do we want to do it? :D
[2009/03/01 10:24] Jamie Palisades: (RA will get to vote - and decide who else gets a say)
[2009/03/01 10:24] Jamie Palisades: 2. Is it fiscally sound?
[2009/03/01 10:24] Jamie Palisades: (apparently yes, very, and I need to give you numbers to prove that, which are proving a confidentiality issue, but working on it.)
[2009/03/01 10:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
[2009/03/01 10:24] Jamie Palisades: 3. Can they safely come to us without our "eating" their separate cultural life?
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: (which is important to them)
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: (thus the local programs idea :D )
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: 4. Can they safely come to us without our razing all their gorgeous community structures?
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: (I suspect so - our theme laws actually make it damn hard)
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: (but if they require any other assurance, that will be a topic for RA and law)
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: and finally
[2009/03/01 10:25] Jamie Palisades: 5.
[2009/03/01 10:26] Jamie Palisades: Do they want to come to us?
[2009/03/01 10:26] Jamie Palisades: (we want to get the full sims, not empty ones)
[2009/03/01 10:26] Jamie Palisades: (apparently so, but it will depend on 1-4).
[2009/03/01 10:26] Jamie Palisades: Now
[2009/03/01 10:26] Jamie Palisades: There are other expansion projects posibilities
[2009/03/01 10:26] Jamie Palisades: but you asked about AA :) done
[2009/03/01 10:26] Symo Kurka thinks very clear sumup
[2009/03/01 10:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes, thank you for that!
[2009/03/01 10:27] Jamie Palisades: oo - and I have a RL issue, so may have to leave shortly
[2009/03/01 10:27] Symo Kurka: yes we all are late her
[2009/03/01 10:27] Symo Kurka: +so can i propose
[2009/03/01 10:27] Symo Kurka: we postpone some items
[2009/03/01 10:27] Symo Kurka: cindy/gwyn commission and sonja's bill
[2009/03/01 10:28] Symo Kurka: and we have a quick look at texture contest?
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol raises habd
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: hdn
[2009/03/01 10:28] Symo Kurka: Cindy
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: hand...that is
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: Symo, this report has already been postponed
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: and there are some things that we need to get on with
[2009/03/01 10:28] Symo Kurka: Ok
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: do I have th efloor?
[2009/03/01 10:28] Symo Kurka: yes
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: ok
[2009/03/01 10:28] Cindy Ecksol: Two meetings ago, Gwyn and I volunteered to look into what was already in the Code regarding GMP with an eye towards opening a discussion of whether/what additional legislation might be needed to properly maintain and utilize the GMP.
[2009/03/01 10:28] Soro Dagostino: Point of Information?
[2009/03/01 10:29] Cindy Ecksol: yes soro?
[2009/03/01 10:29] Soro Dagostino: Has the report been published?
[2009/03/01 10:29] Cindy Ecksol: o report
[2009/03/01 10:29] Cindy Ecksol: this is it....so listen up :-)
[2009/03/01 10:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2009/03/01 10:29] Jamie Palisades: Apologies, I have to excuse myself, ... but I understood from Cindy that no RA action on her almost-started commission is to be taken today, so I guess I can wish them good luck and attend the future meeting when announced.
[2009/03/01 10:29] Jamie Palisades: :)
[2009/03/01 10:29] Jamie Palisades bows graciously
[2009/03/01 10:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: bye, jamie, and thank you again
[2009/03/01 10:30] Jamie Palisades: Thank you all!

Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”