GMP Workgroup Meeting 16th April 2009 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 800
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

GMP Workgroup Meeting 16th April 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[13:16] Moon Adamant: everyone, you know that this meeting will be recorded from this point on
[13:16] Sonja Strom: uh oh
[13:16] Jamie Palisades: Leni, sweet, be a godo bear and go eat Caledon . Daddy's busy with us.
[13:16] Moon Adamant: i'll start by apologizing
[13:16] Sonja Strom: :-)
[13:16] Leni Straaf: :-)
[13:17] Moon Adamant: i had promised to look at terrain and i couldn't yet
[13:17] Moon Adamant: though i have found an interesting tooll
[13:17] Timo Gufler: sculptie terrain?
[13:17] Jamie Palisades makes a small recongition face at what moon chooses to rez
[13:17] Moon Adamant: this is a program that allows you to do a sculptie from a raw file
[13:18] Jamie Palisades: : very handy
[13:18] Moon Adamant: yes, it's Arria's proposal for the terrain of Monastery
[13:18] Timo Gufler: indeed
[13:18] Moon Adamant: only raw file i had at hand
[13:18] Moon Adamant: i want later to ask Sudane for teh raw files of all our sims and try to build a 3D map
[13:18] Cindy Ecksol: moon, did you see the tool rose was working with?
[13:18] Cindy Ecksol: MUCH more sophisticated....
[13:19] Moon Adamant: and also... preview the terrain of the GMP
[13:19] Moon Adamant: oh yes cindy
[13:19] Moon Adamant: but she didn't tell me teh creator
[13:19] Cindy Ecksol: loL!
[13:19] Moon Adamant: besides, i think it only works using the map?
[13:20] Cindy Ecksol: well, it generates a RAW file too....so it can probably take in a RAW file... would have to ask.
[13:20] Moon Adamant: i'll ask her too when i see her
[13:20] Cindy Ecksol: But you could certainly start with an existing sim and modify the RAW file...
[13:20] Moon Adamant: but have really been so busy that i couldn't really research a lot
[13:20] Cindy Ecksol: who knows, might be able to modify the sculpty and re-generate the RAW file:-)
[13:20] Moon Adamant: this is a side use of a tool called NOMI
[13:21] Cindy Ecksol: ask rose...she has messed with it some and I'm sure would be happy to answer your questions
[13:21] Moon Adamant: which i bought to experiment on our roman reliefs
[13:21] Moon Adamant: anyway
[13:21] Moon Adamant: so for teh moment, we are exactly at the same point tthat we were 2 weeks ago
[13:21] Jamie Palisades: :)
[13:22] Moon Adamant: but since we have Herr Chancellor with us
[13:22] Moon Adamant: i will ask him if he would like an overview of the work so far?
[13:22] Jamie Palisades: only if is not horridly boring for the rest
[13:23] Sonja Strom: lol
[13:23] Moon Adamant: ok
[13:23] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[13:23] Moon Adamant: next to Leni on the ground is the state of the GMP as Symo left it
[13:23] Moon Adamant: which was the origin of my proposal in the forums
[13:23] Jamie Palisades: the "bear continent" is new, of course
[13:24] Moon Adamant: a copist work, there was no graphic support whichever
[13:24] Moon Adamant: lol, yes
[13:24] Sonja Strom: I bet Leni likes forests
[13:24] Leni Straaf: yes!
[13:24] Sonja Strom: :-D
[13:24] Moon Adamant: after some discussion, we moved to adopt Timo's plan, now featured on teh walls
[13:24] Moon Adamant: as more economic
[13:24] Moon Adamant: and also responding to the main issues that the GMP tries to adress
[13:25] Moon Adamant: namely: cluster definition
[13:25] Moon Adamant: inclusion of mountains
[13:25] Moon Adamant: inclusion of al-andaluz and monastery
[13:25] Moon Adamant: after a somewhat hot discussion about AA
[13:26] Jamie Palisades: ?
[13:26] Moon Adamant: it was svoted at this meeting to not consider AA in the proposal
[13:26] Jamie Palisades: ah
[13:26] Moon Adamant: one of the things i had to do for today was to redo Timo's paln without it
[13:26] Jamie Palisades: i'll dave my questions :)
[13:26] Jamie Palisades: *(save
[13:26] Moon Adamant: and that's where we are
[13:26] Moon Adamant: no, i am done :)
[13:27] Sonja Strom: Thanks for the status Moon.
[13:27] Timo Gufler: it's not my plan :-)
[13:27] Timo Gufler: I just proposed a small change
[13:28] Moon Adamant: ehehe it's a very elegant plan Timo, and you should be proud of it :)
[13:28] Jamie Palisades smiles
[13:28] Jamie Palisades: a small change, Timo? namekly?
[13:28] Timo Gufler: I just moved a small mountain to a different place ;-)
[13:29] Jamie Palisades: ah :)
[13:29] Jamie Palisades: May I ask a few questions, then?
[13:29] Moon Adamant: sure
[13:29] Jamie Palisades: There was quite a chat about mountains on our forums, over time
[13:29] Jamie Palisades looks at Sonja, grins
[13:30] Sonja Strom helped to keep this chat going...
[13:32] Sonja Strom: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1854
[13:32] Moon Adamant: oh
[13:32] Moon Adamant: what happened to our chancellor?
[13:33] Cindy Ecksol: crashed?
[13:33] Sonja Strom: I think he passed out?
[13:33] Moon Adamant: ah
[13:33] Moon Adamant: wb Jamie
[13:33] Leni Straaf sniffs air
[13:33] Cindy Ecksol: whoa, clouded out...
[13:33] Moon Adamant: Jamie, you shoudl really change ISP lol
[13:33] Jamie Palisades: My apologies
[13:33] Jamie Palisades: crashed midsentence
[13:33] Jamie Palisades: it;s the sl client not ISP
[13:33] Jamie Palisades: anyway
[13:33] Jamie Palisades: :P sorry\
[13:34] Moon Adamant: ok, np :)
[13:34] Moon Adamant: we're listening
[13:34] Jamie Palisades: ok mountains
[13:34] Jamie Palisades: we had some chat about higher than NFS or not
[13:34] Jamie Palisades: and about hig cliffs for scenic looks -as we've seen elsewhere
[13:34] Jamie Palisades: does this plan, if geerally follows, answer those questions in some way?
[13:34] Moon Adamant: yes
[13:35] Jamie Palisades: (In othetr words, if people embrace it, can we put all that behind us?)
[13:35] Moon Adamant: if you look at the panels behind Leni
[13:35] Moon Adamant: you will see that we are creating a massif
[13:35] Moon Adamant: that includes NFS
[13:35] Moon Adamant: NFS being a somewhat lowish peak
[13:36] Moon Adamant: on teh sea side
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: OK thanks
[13:36] Cindy Ecksol: so that's the pink?
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: so
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: that ALSO solves
[13:36] Moon Adamant: we are planning to go smoothly
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: the desire for more eventual winter trails :)
[13:36] Moon Adamant: ewven if the sims get to hang over the sea for a while
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: as they do now
[13:36] Moon Adamant: that will need the terrain study which i must do
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: near SOnja;s house
[13:36] Jamie Palisades: Cheers SUltana
[13:36] Moon Adamant: and yes jamie
[13:37] Cindy Ecksol: hi rose!
[13:37] Moon Adamant: hi rosie :)
[13:37] Sonja Strom: hi Rose
[13:37] Timo Gufler: hi Rose
[13:37] Rose Springvale: hi kids
[13:37] Rose Springvale: sorry, not rezzed
[13:37] Moon Adamant: have you met Leni?
[13:37] Rose Springvale: actually, we've traded emails :)
[13:37] Rose Springvale: or ims
[13:37] Leni Straaf: Rose
[13:37] Leni Straaf: hello
[13:37] Rose Springvale: hi Leni, i'm a big fan of your work as you know :)
[13:38] Leni Straaf: hmm...
[13:38] Jamie Palisades: so
[13:38] Rose Springvale: i've literally got 5 minutes
[13:38] Leni Straaf: maybe you confuse me with someone else...
[13:38] Leni Straaf: :-)
[13:38] Rose Springvale: perhaps. either way, hello :)
[13:38] Jamie Palisades: anything Rose wants? let's put me on hold
[13:38] Moon Adamant: yes Rose
[13:38] Moon Adamant: you have the table
[13:38] Cindy Ecksol: or maybe the floor....
[13:38] Rose Springvale: no no, i just came to tell you i have an empty sim if you need to test raw files and the land sculptor
[13:39] Moon Adamant: oh cool
[13:39] Rose Springvale: and to ask if you wanted my sim sculpts?
[13:39] Moon Adamant: btw, mail me later on the name of teh creator of that terrain sculpt thingy?
[13:39] Jamie Palisades: ewll I want them if there people don;t :D
[13:39] Rose Springvale: oh sure!
[13:39] Moon Adamant: yes, we do
[13:39] Cindy Ecksol: yes, me too...
[13:39] Moon Adamant: it's not NOMI, is it?
[13:40] Rose Springvale: okay, i've got them set up above my land, just forgot to bring them earlier. ..
[13:40] Rose Springvale: let me check
[13:40] Moon Adamant: NOMI is outside world tool
[13:40] Jamie Palisades smiles
[13:40] Rose Springvale: emma nowhere
[13:40] Rose Springvale: landsculptor 1.02
[13:40] Moon Adamant: ok thanks
[13:40] Moon Adamant: makes a note
[13:41] Jamie Palisades: what a great outfit, by the way, Rose. How's Feria today?
[13:41] Rose Springvale: kk, i don't want to disrup you all.. feria today is tonight.. today rose makes peace with all the people she ignored to do taxes...
[13:41] Jamie Palisades: hahaha
[13:41] Jamie Palisades: yikes
[13:41] Rose Springvale: i'll just go and send you all the copy version of what i did...
[13:41] Jamie Palisades: i should be caught up with that my, oh, august
[13:41] Moon Adamant: thanks :)
[13:42] Rose Springvale: they you can play. um Jamie, you have to DO your taxes first :)
[13:42] Jamie Palisades: ole!
[13:42] Jamie Palisades: i did!
[13:42] Moon Adamant: here we are doing that hmmm now, more or less
[13:42] Moon Adamant: i have an accountant
[13:42] Rose Springvale: i'll go drop the sculpts on you... will you post minutes?
[13:42] Moon Adamant: because i am completely illiterate about tax forms
[13:42] Cindy Ecksol: I have a husband who our accountant keeps threatening to hire :-)
[13:42] Moon Adamant: yes, meeting is transcripted
[13:42] Moon Adamant: lol Cindy
[13:43] Rose Springvale: moon, you and cindy and jamie all have mod rights. i dont' know if it will work with this or not, but i'll leave it if you can play with it
[13:43] Moon Adamant: ok, thank you :)
[13:43] Jamie Palisades: :) thanks
[13:43] Rose Springvale: :) later then, be good!
[13:43] Moon Adamant: be good too! :)
[13:43] Jamie Palisades: see Leni?
[13:43] Rose Springvale: nice to meet you Leni :)
[13:43] Jamie Palisades: You have to be good.
[13:43] Jamie Palisades: So no eating people.
[13:43] Moon Adamant: if eating people
[13:44] Moon Adamant: consider that our chancellor has the most to eat in himself ,)
[13:44] Moon Adamant: the rest of us is very skinny ,)
[13:44] Leni Straaf: I don't eat people usually
[13:44] Sonja Strom: She is a brown bear, right?
[13:44] Sonja Strom: vegetarian
[13:44] Moon Adamant: anyway
[13:44] Leni Straaf: brown bears eat also meat ;)
[13:45] Moon Adamant: Jamie, as regarding paths and ski tracks
[13:45] Sonja Strom: ah, ok
[13:45] Jamie Palisades smiles, says nothing, burps, spits into his hand a small bone from ThePrincess Parisi delicately ...
[13:45] Moon Adamant: yes, we'll have tons of space for those
[13:45] Moon Adamant: ahahahaha
[13:45] Jamie Palisades: sorry? were you implying something?
[13:45] Moon Adamant: just thinking it was a slow digestive process :)
[13:45] Jamie Palisades: cincin :) can you do whatever that toy is tempting in a way that we can continue?
[13:45] Leni Straaf: :-)
[13:46] Jamie Palisades: Timo: does that terrain plan bar creting more city to the east of NFS?
[13:46] Jamie Palisades: *creating
[13:46] Cindy Ecksol: been trying....doesnt' seem to work for me....
[13:46] Jamie Palisades: I;d naively assumed that it was an option
[13:46] Timo Gufler: I think there is no problem expanding NFS to east if you mean that
[13:46] Moon Adamant: answering too
[13:47] Moon Adamant: the slot for NFS-East is considered high density
[13:47] Moon Adamant: but personally
[13:47] Moon Adamant: i am against doing another city of 90 plots
[13:47] Jamie Palisades: heh heh
[13:47] Moon Adamant: i think we should do a sensibly plot-sized city
[13:47] Jamie Palisades: yes
[13:47] Timo Gufler: I agree with Moon
[13:48] Jamie Palisades: and yet SOME of our high density alpine land sells very well
[13:48] Timo Gufler: there are so few prims per plot in NFS
[13:48] Jamie Palisades: and a double prim arrangement woudl change things
[13:48] Jamie Palisades: less than halg of NFS is the city, after all
[13:48] Jamie Palisades: *half
[13:48] Moon Adamant: yes... but 144 m2 would then hold 70 prims... it's not enough yet
[13:48] Cindy Ecksol: yes, tiny....
[13:48] Moon Adamant: 144 m2 being the standard size of NFS inner city plots
[13:48] Jamie Palisades: that depends on yhow you use primn lots :)
[13:49] Moon Adamant: surely
[13:49] Moon Adamant: but that's why also
[13:49] Moon Adamant: i mentioned at some post
[13:49] Timo Gufler: there could be fields around the city as prim farms :)
[13:49] Moon Adamant: that the planning of NFS-East would have to be done very carefully indeed
[13:49] Jamie Palisades: so shoudl i generalize that as a =nanswer by Moon to my question posed here on 8 Feb?
[13:49] Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2330
[13:49] Jamie Palisades: which was, should we do an NFS East?
[13:50] Moon Adamant: depends on how quick you want to expand
[13:50] Moon Adamant: my opinion
[13:50] Jamie Palisades: well :)
[13:50] Moon Adamant: i would advise a VERY carefiul planning for NFS-east
[13:51] Moon Adamant: so if you want to expand next month, say
[13:51] Moon Adamant: it's not possible
[13:51] Jamie Palisades: some of our citizens have decided that our next new unoccupied build should be a seven lot mountain
[13:51] Jamie Palisades: so, i guess if THAT sells
[13:51] Jamie Palisades: we have a good market indication about Alpine :)
[13:51] Moon Adamant: indeed
[13:51] Jamie Palisades: I owuld *so* like to move one major feature off NFS
[13:51] Jamie Palisades: sigh
[13:51] Jamie Palisades: prims
[13:51] Cindy Ecksol: schloss??
[13:52] Timo Gufler: rathaus?
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: eh, too complex a disvussion if we want to get to the other stuf more immediately pertient
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: but my point was not WHICH one
[13:52] Moon Adamant: yes guys
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: jus that we wil need to move one or two of them
[13:52] Moon Adamant hasn't had dinner yet
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: right
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: so before Moon starts gnawing on Haunch of Leni
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: ...
[13:52] Jamie Palisades: Timo
[13:53] Cindy Ecksol pokes timo
[13:53] Timo Gufler: yes?
[13:53] Jamie Palisades: do your changed to the plan dictate anything about where we can put new estates?d?er
[13:53] Jamie Palisades: because we formerly (old plan) had three "places" for new clusters
[13:53] Jamie Palisades: now .. what? we have two?
[13:54] Moon Adamant: 6
[13:54] Jamie Palisades listens before saying more
[13:54] Timo Gufler: the plan shouldn't dictate anything...
[13:54] Moon Adamant: yes, for the moment it is a suggestion
[13:54] Jamie Palisades: Oh? there are three white squares up there lablled "AA" ... what are those?
[13:54] Moon Adamant: which will have to be voted
[13:55] Cindy Ecksol: voted by guild? or by RA?
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: can we talk plan, not law, for a bit?
[13:55] Moon Adamant: ok, those were the previous location of AA in the plan
[13:55] Moon Adamant: Cindy, by both
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: perhaps :)
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: but Ilm bnot here to talk about law
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: let me try again
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: in Suymo;s plan
[13:56] Jamie Palisades: ther were three designated areas in the map generalyl suitable for new larg clusters
[13:56] Jamie Palisades: *large
[13:56] Jamie Palisades: this is important because
[13:56] Jamie Palisades: our plan has to balance three goals
[13:56] Jamie Palisades: at least
[13:56] Moon Adamant: AA as was featured here, was featured taking into account only Generalife and Alhambra, and a mandatory third sim to amke a coastal area
[13:56] Jamie Palisades smiles and waits
[13:56] Moon Adamant: done, sorry
[13:57] Timo Gufler: I don't get your point, Jamie...
[13:57] Jamie Palisades: the plan must balance growth space for current themes, with places for new themes to take hold
[13:57] Timo Gufler: I think you can expand the proposed plan to any direction you like
[13:57] Jamie Palisades: In SYmo;s plan I knew where the new ones would get plunked down
[13:57] Timo Gufler: with new themes
[13:57] Jamie Palisades: yes
[13:57] Jamie Palisades: so for example
[13:57] Timo Gufler: I think in this theme it can be let open
[13:57] Jamie Palisades: i look at your NH space
[13:57] Jamie Palisades: and think
[13:57] Timo Gufler: and new themes placed when needed
[13:58] Jamie Palisades: is it likely we will have that kid of demand for a nea hore theme?
[13:58] Jamie Palisades: i look at the pelagic land
[13:58] Jamie Palisades: and think
[13:58] Jamie Palisades: what we do with, or use to pay for, all that water
[13:58] Cindy Ecksol nods
[13:58] Moon Adamant: well
[13:58] Jamie Palisades: I am asking becaue it seems there are assumptions built it
[13:59] Jamie Palisades: maybe good ones - but I can;t tease them out by myself
[13:59] Timo Gufler looks at Moon
[13:59] Moon Adamant: Nea Hora was a theme that a previous RA decided to keep in the sleeve
[13:59] Moon Adamant: for a future theme expansion
[13:59] Moon Adamant: personally, i think it would be a pleasant theme
[13:59] Moon Adamant: since everytime i go to a so called 'greek' sim
[14:00] Jamie Palisades: the food's good :D
[14:00] Moon Adamant: i get with 'FREE MAKEDONIA!' propaganda :D
[14:00] Sonja Strom: I have one thing I could say about the water, which is it would only be open ocean until there were new sims on the other side of it - then there could be some water to cross between them, for various purposes
[14:00] Cindy Ecksol: and free toga :-)
[14:00] Moon Adamant: and i think that perhaps a not-so-politized greek ambiance would be nice
[14:00] Moon Adamant: don't forget also that Nea Hora isn't classical
[14:01] Sonja Strom: scenic, cultural, interest, uses for the water...
[14:01] Moon Adamant: but it's more middle age themed
[14:01] Moon Adamant: as for the pelagic band
[14:01] Moon Adamant: we are there copying shamelessly SLNE
[14:01] Moon Adamant: i mean, it's not water
[14:01] Jamie Palisades: which pays for island how?
[14:01] Moon Adamant: it's water with luxury land in it
[14:01] Jamie Palisades: and has lost how many islands, last 6 months?
[14:01] Jamie Palisades: so that business plans relies on void pricing?
[14:02] Timo Gufler: in Symo's relief there are islands on the sea
[14:02] Cindy Ecksol: dk, but they've sure got a lot that are still going...
[14:02] Moon Adamant: she had to revamp it because a lot of it were voids... the LL decision picked us all
[14:02] Moon Adamant: what i think it must be said
[14:02] Moon Adamant: is
[14:02] Moon Adamant: this is a working plan
[14:02] Jamie Palisades nods
[14:02] Moon Adamant: we are making decisions over it
[14:02] Moon Adamant: saving some sims
[14:03] Jamie Palisades: :/
[14:03] Moon Adamant: where the decisions are immediately taken
[14:03] Jamie Palisades: and those would be what?
[14:03] Moon Adamant: such as NFS-east expanding BFS
[14:03] Moon Adamant: NFS
[14:03] Jamie Palisades: ah
[14:03] Sonja Strom: I hope LL will improve the void sim issue somehow
[14:03] Moon Adamant: and CN-East being Roman
[14:03] Jamie Palisades: sonja we ought to plan for that now happened to be cautious
[14:03] Jamie Palisades nods
[14:03] Moon Adamant: we can play around with clusters as if teh clusters were lego pieces
[14:04] Jamie Palisades: well, shall i explain the immediate problem I see?
[14:04] Moon Adamant: please
[14:04] Jamie Palisades: there are three
[14:04] Jamie Palisades: 1. generically this seems to plan well for a 30 sim 6 theme futuer but not too clearly for, say, the NEXT 5
[14:04] Jamie Palisades: which is more my planning hosrison :)
[14:04] Jamie Palisades: in fact
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: some of the make-it-oretty-at-30 choices
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: seem to get in the way of the next 5
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: for example
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: pelagic?
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: Greeks on the OTHER side from Suadnae's existing LA build?
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: AA out in the ocean?
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: (which will kill the deal, by the way)
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: now
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: tjhose are all political issues, not "land"
[14:06] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: "planning"
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: but the govt still has to deal with them somehow
[14:06] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: so what would help ME
[14:06] Moon Adamant: so you tell us
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: most
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: FWIW
[14:06] Moon Adamant: what do we need to look at immediately
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: is for you to know that we're going to (as posted) talk about Virtus and AL Andalaus first
[14:06] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: and that we ned orientations for them that look nice at THAT stage
[14:06] Moon Adamant: so let's talk about Virtus and AA
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: before we add a lot of other stuff
[14:07] Sonja Strom: Has AA expressed an interest in joining with us?
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: so for example I need to know if Arris' desierd place for Virtus is consistent with the orograpohy
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: SOnja yes.
[14:07] Moon Adamant: yes Jamie, but you must understand that this is a framework
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: a topc for this weekend;s RA meting.
[14:07] Moon Adamant: but
[14:07] Moon Adamant: as said
[14:07] Sonja Strom: ok
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: mm hmm?
[14:08] Moon Adamant: we can focus straight away in problematic issue
[14:08] Moon Adamant: let's look at AA
[14:08] Cindy Ecksol woudl like to hear the rest of what Jamie has to say
[14:08] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: cindy, I'm good for now. If this plan is voted by the Guild I expect the next step wll BE this kind of question, so it doesn;t all need to be resolved today
[14:09] Moon Adamant: no
[14:09] Moon Adamant: it will be a good time befor ethis plan is voted by the Guild
[14:09] Moon Adamant: at least a month
[14:09] Moon Adamant: let's look at issues today
[14:09] Moon Adamant: for instance
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: now, in the case of virtus, i just need to know that the location does NOT significantly screw up your general plan
[14:09] Moon Adamant: you mentioned the terrain issue
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: and since you and building a bigger mounttain there
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: isn;t probably going to work
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: SO LONG AS
[14:10] Moon Adamant: Arria redid the terrain
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: we can get a thoughfare
[14:10] Moon Adamant: with this plan as a background
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: (since Virtus is a low avatar sim)
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: ever seen one of rose's horse parades?
[14:10] Moon Adamant: ok, it may need a bit of sewing at the edges
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: (can;t do that in a void with relaibility)
[14:10] Moon Adamant: but then all sims do
[14:11] Jamie Palisades: so Moon I am hearing you say that Arria;'s latest terrain/raod/plan will fit OK with the revised gmp.
[14:11] Moon Adamant: yes, but why shoudl we hold a horse parade in monastery?
[14:11] Moon Adamant: at first sight, yes
[14:11] Moon Adamant: i have to calculate terrain and send her data for retrofitting
[14:11] Jamie Palisades: :) Moon, that's a lobng one, but the short versi ism we should make sure our main throughfares are naviagble in my view
[14:12] Moon Adamant: yes, but monastery is not a main throughfare
[14:12] Jamie Palisades: OK, what abvout AA then?
[14:12] Moon Adamant: the main routes are N-S (CN- NFS)
[14:12] Jamie Palisades: (Virtus as proposed is near the dead center of the larger cluster)
[14:12] Moon Adamant: and E-W along the river
[14:12] Jamie Palisades: yes
[14:12] Jamie Palisades: the river
[14:12] Jamie Palisades: which is on the Virtus border
[14:13] Moon Adamant: no
[14:13] Moon Adamant: that's just the LA stream~
[14:13] Moon Adamant: the Rhein river goes through LA
[14:13] Jamie Palisades: ah :)
[14:14] Moon Adamant: and the inclusion of pelagic at that corner
[14:14] Moon Adamant: is to assure
[14:14] Moon Adamant: that there is a watyer connection between all clusters
[14:14] Moon Adamant: linked to the Rhein
[14:14] Moon Adamant: so that it can be used as a waterway too for fact
[14:14] Jamie Palisades smiles. I expect we'll get a proposal to or from AA that will tell us what our optios woud be for placement of those sims alongside outs somehow.
[14:14] Moon Adamant: but anyway
[14:14] Moon Adamant: AA
[14:15] Moon Adamant: AA is atm composed
[14:15] Moon Adamant: by 2 full sims
[14:15] Moon Adamant: Alhambra na d generalife
[14:15] Jamie Palisades: so, when we know that -- is the government suppsoed to ask the Guild how to terraform to fit the two?
[14:15] Moon Adamant: what?
[14:16] Jamie Palisades smiles they have fully rented voids, you know
[14:16] Moon Adamant: i was getting there
[14:16] Moon Adamant: and 4 voids
[14:16] Moon Adamant: so, for all that matters
[14:16] Moon Adamant: AA is already a cluster
[14:17] Moon Adamant: now, the position of AA was ... hazardous
[14:17] Moon Adamant: an inheritance
[14:17] Jamie Palisades: position?
[14:17] Moon Adamant: i think
[14:17] Moon Adamant: location´
[14:17] Moon Adamant: well, i look at the map
[14:17] Moon Adamant: and it's obvious that AA can't be placed at the Middle-Europe slots
[14:18] Moon Adamant: terrain doesn't fit
[14:18] Moon Adamant: themes don't swe
[14:18] Moon Adamant: sew
[14:18] Jamie Palisades: mm hmm? that's a hazardous place? why? lowlands? man eating sharks?
[14:18] Moon Adamant: i meant
[14:18] Timo Gufler: I think the sea cluster removes the compatibility problems
[14:18] Moon Adamant: by chance
[14:18] Moon Adamant: don't do the lawyer thing on someone who hasn't had dinner yet please :)
[14:18] Cindy Ecksol wonders what "compatability problems" timo is thinking about....
[14:19] Moon Adamant: but for instance
[14:19] Timo Gufler: the problem of compatiblity of two different themes
[14:19] Jamie Palisades: um
[14:19] Jamie Palisades: ok
[14:19] Moon Adamant: it's possible
[14:19] Jamie Palisades: practial question
[14:19] Timo Gufler: like German and AA
[14:19] Moon Adamant: that with transittional terrain
[14:19] Jamie Palisades: i see two different "compatibilities"
[14:19] Sonja Strom: There are major stylistic and cultural differences
[14:19] Moon Adamant: AA switches with Nea Hora, say
[14:19] Moon Adamant: flattish terrain both
[14:20] Jamie Palisades: :0 ever look at aliasi's house?
[14:20] Jamie Palisades: or Bromo's?
[14:20] Moon Adamant: Nea Hora can be well linked to pelagic
[14:20] Moon Adamant: test test
[14:20] Moon Adamant: but my question is
[14:20] Moon Adamant: sorry
[14:20] Moon Adamant: lag
[14:20] Jamie Palisades: :)
[14:20] Sonja Strom: not that they can't be included in the same area, but a transition zone would be helpful to keep them working aesthetically
[14:21] Moon Adamant: do we have the political will to create if needed a transitional band between the roman cluster and the arab cluster?
[14:21] Jamie Palisades: sonja? is AM a transition zone?
[14:21] Timo Gufler: exactly, Sonja
[14:21] Sonja Strom: yes, very much so -
[14:21] Jamie Palisades: does a transition szone need to be a sim wide?
[14:21] Sonja Strom: from NFS to CN, and it allows a mixture of germanic and latin styles
[14:21] Timo Gufler: it can be both transitional and major theme same time
[14:21] Moon Adamant: well Jamie
[14:22] Moon Adamant: that is hard to answer
[14:22] Moon Adamant: two examples
[14:22] Moon Adamant: CN river plots
[14:22] Sonja Strom: Aliasi's house is a bit out of character, for sure...
[14:22] Jamie Palisades: :) yes
[14:22] Moon Adamant: don't have a theme by covenant
[14:22] Sonja Strom: but it is cute :-)
[14:22] Moon Adamant: but everyone built roman
[14:22] Moon Adamant: AM's hamlet
[14:22] Sonja Strom: I'm not really familiar with Bromo's
[14:22] Cindy Ecksol wonders if anyone beside herself and Jamie have actually walked through those AA sims we're talking about...
[14:22] Moon Adamant: covenant says that houses can include classic elements
[14:22] Moon Adamant: it's completely alpine
[14:22] Jamie Palisades: it's in the NFS valley
[14:23] Timo Gufler: (Cindy, I have)
[14:23] Sonja Strom: I have Cindy, and to me they look middle eastern in character
[14:23] Moon Adamant: well, Cindy, i confess that i haven't
[14:23] Jamie Palisades: "the Vale of Abomination"
[14:23] Moon Adamant: so that's why i am asking
[14:23] Moon Adamant: if there is political will
[14:23] Sonja Strom: I like them, but to me they don't look germanic or latin.
[14:23] Jamie Palisades: :/ you keep speaking of will Moon
[14:23] Moon Adamant: to create transitional space if need be?
[14:23] Jamie Palisades: will to do, or forbear from doing, *what*?
[14:23] Moon Adamant: of course
[14:24] Moon Adamant: these are political issues, not technical
[14:24] Cindy Ecksol: personally I don't think it's going to take much "transitional space."
[14:24] Moon Adamant: if tehy were technical, they would have been solved already
[14:24] Cindy Ecksol: any of those sims could easily hook to AM or a Roman space and look just fine...
[14:24] Moon Adamant: Cindy, maybe not
[14:24] Jamie Palisades: sporry?
[14:24] Jamie Palisades: hahaha
[14:24] Sonja Strom: What is "much" space?
[14:24] Moon Adamant: if a sim is less arab... more classical
[14:24] Moon Adamant: or more mediterranean
[14:25] Jamie Palisades: see - here I am listenign to two of yo sauy "I think they look good next to each other" and "I don;t"
[14:25] Cindy Ecksol: exactly my point...
[14:25] Moon Adamant: then perhaps we can use it as transitional space
[14:25] Jamie Palisades: is there somethign to all this other than just various personal taste opinions?
[14:25] Moon Adamant: it's not a taste opinion in my case
[14:25] Moon Adamant: in my case it's justthe knowledge
[14:26] Jamie Palisades: Moon, "transitional space" is not a first class good, itl; just a means to achieve a goal. What goal?
[14:26] Moon Adamant: that people tend to build in theme
[14:26] Moon Adamant: the goal maybe of solving the AA expansion
[14:26] Moon Adamant: by placing it where NH is
[14:26] Moon Adamant: and creating NH near the pelagic band
[14:26] Jamie Palisades: um if there ever is an NH
[14:27] Moon Adamant: i am sure we can create an unity between pelagic and NH
[14:27] Sonja Strom: I am happy to express my opinion here :-)
[14:27] Jamie Palisades: i will jyst take that to mean "the next theme we undertake"
[14:27] Moon Adamant: i want to create that unity as well between roman and arab
[14:27] Jamie Palisades: ok? love to hear *how* - and what theat tells us about position issues
[14:28] Moon Adamant: well
[14:28] Jamie Palisades: becaue I only see a few acual options if we move forward, and not too much that might guide us, so far
[14:28] Moon Adamant: how is a question that needs data
[14:28] Sonja Strom wonders if there is or was a RL transition zone between latin and arab areas...
[14:28] Moon Adamant: as Cindy pointed out
[14:28] Sonja Strom: like maybe Turkey?
[14:29] Moon Adamant: Syria, Sonja
[14:29] Sonja Strom: ah, very good!
[14:29] Moon Adamant: i, for one
[14:29] Sonja Strom: I have heard parts of Damascus are beautiful.
[14:29] Moon Adamant: don't have the slightest idea what happens in the AA sims
[14:29] Jamie Palisades: ... well if I get to sing the "Istanbul not Constantinople" song, I love it....
[14:29] Cindy Ecksol remembers riding the train from Rotterdam to Koln and noticing the sudden change as borders were crossed
[14:29] Jamie Palisades: haircuts short and the cheese was worse?
[14:30] Moon Adamant: lol
[14:30] Sonja Strom: lol
[14:30] Cindy Ecksol: no, dear, geography and architecture :-)
[14:30] Sonja Strom remembers seeing dykes and windmills on the German side of the border
[14:30] Jamie Palisades: and the train magically became *clean*
[14:30] Cindy Ecksol: lol! now THAT did not happen....
[14:30] Cindy Ecksol: same old train...
[14:30] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[14:30] Jamie Palisades: must be Schwabia. smile
[14:31] Moon Adamant: it's getting on 1h30 of meeting
[14:31] Jamie Palisades: :)
[14:31] Moon Adamant: i would like to ask this meeting two things
[14:31] Moon Adamant: 1. about Virtus
[14:31] Moon Adamant: are we comfy with Virtus where it is and with the proposed terrain (even if needs to have a tweak later on)?
[14:31] Moon Adamant: all agreeing , say aye
[14:32] Timo Gufler: aye
[14:32] Moon Adamant: incoming Arria
[14:32] Moon Adamant: i will delay this vote then
[14:32] Cindy Ecksol: ?
[14:32] Jamie Palisades: I'll just comment in passing that it seems to move the center of the CDS to the west, whereas formerly NFS was goign to be near the center, and I'm still trying to adart to that idea
[14:33] Jamie Palisades: *adapt
[14:33] Cindy Ecksol nods
[14:33] Jamie Palisades: the remodeled massif now pulls our map to the west
[14:33] Arria Perreault: Hi
[14:33] Moon Adamant: but Jamie
[14:33] Jamie Palisades: Hi arria
[14:33] Sonja Strom: one issue there, Jamie, is that in the SL world there is currently a lot more open area to the west than to the east
[14:33] Jamie Palisades: the bear is friendly.
[14:33] Moon Adamant: ypou won't have a territory this big with just one centre
[14:33] Timo Gufler: hi Arria
[14:33] Sonja Strom: hi Arria
[14:33] Arria Perreault: Hi all
[14:33] Moon Adamant: hi Arria
[14:33] Jamie Palisades nods
[14:33] Moon Adamant: first of all
[14:33] Leni Straaf: Arria :-)
[14:34] Moon Adamant: and secondly, centres can be off centre
[14:34] Arria Perreault: is it my model?
[14:34] Sonja Strom: lol Leni :)
[14:34] Jamie Palisades: :D
[14:34] Moon Adamant: llook at Washington DC... NY, LA...
[14:34] Timo Gufler: I think we will expend to east in future
[14:34] Jamie Palisades: arria we are atlking abuot confirming that the proposed location of Virtus' sim works for the larger plan
[14:34] Timo Gufler: that makes NFS to be in the center again
[14:34] Moon Adamant: yes Timo, precisely
[14:34] Moon Adamant: the first panel shows that thera are routes for expansion south and east
[14:35] Cindy Ecksol wonders how a GMP that only has stuff defined to the west can forsee expansion to the east....
[14:35] Moon Adamant: so in the long run... NFS can be in the centre again
[14:35] Arria Perreault: great
[14:35] Moon Adamant: but mind you
[14:35] Timo Gufler: the GMP is not complete
[14:35] Moon Adamant: SL's geography is not like RL geography
[14:35] Jamie Palisades: indeed :D
[14:35] Moon Adamant: a much more active centre these days seems to be AM
[14:36] Moon Adamant: since it holds the majority of events
[14:36] Moon Adamant: see what i mean?
[14:36] Jamie Palisades says nothing for the moment, smiling, a topic for later maybe
[14:36] Sonja Strom: NFS has too big of a prim problem
[14:36] Cindy Ecksol: my point is that if our intent is to help NFS and AM stay at the center, we ought to be thinking "east" as we develop this GMP, not so much west
[14:36] Jamie Palisades: moon why did you stop that vpte? I thought we were goign to get a consensus on something :D
[14:36] Jamie Palisades: and yes, I agree wit cindy there
[14:36] Moon Adamant: because Arria was coming
[14:37] Jamie Palisades: ah :D
[14:37] Sonja Strom: I'm having trouble bringing in some friends of mine to play on the Platz because of the prim shortage
[14:37] Cindy Ecksol: so IS it our intent to keep NFS/AM/CN at the center?
[14:37] Moon Adamant: so i wanted to give you all and her a chance to discuss more about Monastery if need be
[14:37] Jamie Palisades: sonja my answer to that's been out for months
[14:37] Sonja Strom: oh?
[14:37] Sonja Strom: And that is?
[14:37] Jamie Palisades: moon? a little guidance please? which topic?
[14:37] Sonja Strom: Also, NFS is always foggy ~
[14:37] Moon Adamant: ok, let's focus, people
[14:38] Moon Adamant: i had called a vote about Virtus
[14:38] Moon Adamant: Monastery*
[14:38] Moon Adamant: behind Arria is the relief for the sim, which may need some tweaks but it's basically that
[14:39] Arria Perreault: some tweaks: what do you mean?
[14:39] Jamie Palisades sighs - i would love to conclude thai this is all ready to go and we have reamining only the financiasl feaibility issues .. but um, no?
[14:39] Moon Adamant: well, generally when you load a raw file you always need to do some adjusting at the borders
[14:39] Arria Perreault: yes, I know
[14:40] Moon Adamant: also, i will study the terrain of the GMP and send you back some data for the west slope.... maybe some slight adjustment is required
[14:40] Moon Adamant: but basically
[14:40] Arria Perreault: ok, np
[14:40] Moon Adamant: the relief is correct at 95%
[14:40] Moon Adamant: ok?
[14:40] Moon Adamant: so my vote was
[14:41] Moon Adamant: do we all agree in teh location of Monastery and on the relief sketched here?
[14:41] Sonja Strom: I like the changes that have recently been made to the design of this sim.
[14:41] Sonja Strom: Much more than before it reflects more the concept I have in my mind for how I would like the terrain to go toward its south side.
[14:41] Moon Adamant: please all agreeing say Aye
[14:41] Timo Gufler: aye
[14:41] Sonja Strom: aye
[14:41] Jamie Palisades: (understand, I am the recipient, so on all this, I will abstain)
[14:41] Moon Adamant: Leni, Cindy, Jamie
[14:41] Moon Adamant: ok Jamie
[14:41] Moon Adamant: and Arria
[14:42] Timo Gufler: Leni won't vote ;)
[14:42] Arria Perreault: can I vote?
[14:42] Moon Adamant: ok leni :)
[14:42] Jamie Palisades smiles, throws Leni a salmon
[14:42] Moon Adamant: of course, you're part of teh WG
[14:42] Sonja Strom: Jamie is just scared to go on record ;-)
[14:42] Sonja Strom: lol
[14:42] Jamie Palisades: say that to me again in 3 days :D
[14:42] Sonja Strom is kidding
[14:42] Sonja Strom: :D
[14:42] Cindy Ecksol: abstain. I do not yet feel as though I understand enough about Arria's proposal to vote knowledgeably
[14:42] Leni Straaf sniffs the salmon and eats it
[14:42] Jamie Palisades chuckles
[14:42] Sonja Strom: lol
[14:43] Moon Adamant: ok, i vote Aye
[14:43] Moon Adamant: motion is carried
[14:43] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:43] Moon Adamant: second motion
[14:43] Jamie Palisades: you said you had two votes to propose?
[14:44] Moon Adamant: do we agree with swapping the location of Nea Hora and Al Andaluz, with the provision of studying the transitional terrain, as soon as we have the data for it?
[14:44] Moon Adamant: all agreeing, say Aye
[14:44] Jamie Palisades: hmm
[14:44] Jamie Palisades: was that proposed and discussed today?
[14:44] Moon Adamant: want to make a friendly?
[14:44] Cindy Ecksol: whoa!!!
[14:44] Jamie Palisades: i must have missed a few stpes :)
[14:44] Moon Adamant: goodness
[14:44] Cindy Ecksol: we have not yet discussed this....
[14:44] Moon Adamant: what have we been talking about for the last 30 minutes?!
[14:44] Cindy Ecksol: and at the last meeting we agreed to remove AA from the plan....
[14:45] Sonja Strom: Personally, I don't want to include AA in this planning process until the negotiations with AA have come further.
[14:45] Cindy Ecksol: as I reminded you in IM and you agreed that it was an oversight that it is still on the proposed map!
[14:45] Moon Adamant: yes, it is
[14:45] Arria Perreault: may I add a remark about Nea Hora?
[14:45] Jamie Palisades: *(my answer, Moon, is that i asked if there were other options, and I think you went from that question to a single answer in about 30 seconds)
[14:45] Moon Adamant: but our chancellor has come here today with this urgent problem of AA
[14:45] Jamie Palisades: my urgent p[roblem is whether I have otgher options :)
[14:45] Moon Adamant: in the sea, yes
[14:45] Jamie Palisades: SEVERAl other options, ideally
[14:45] Jamie Palisades: hahaha
[14:46] Jamie Palisades: what is it with you and throwing people into the ocean, Miss Architect? :D
[14:46] Moon Adamant: well, i am seriously tempted
[14:46] Sonja Strom: If AA wants to work together with us, then I think they can work together with us.
[14:46] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:46] Moon Adamant: then i will rephrase my vote
[14:47] Moon Adamant: do you all agree to re-insert AA in the GMP if AA
[14:47] Moon Adamant: 1. expresses the intention of working with us
[14:47] Moon Adamant: 2. confirms that expression by giving us data that we need to make decisions?
[14:47] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[14:47] Jamie Palisades: /m e smiles at the word decision
[14:47] Cindy Ecksol: in other words "NOT TODAY"
[14:47] Sonja Strom: hm,
[14:48] Jamie Palisades: Moon ,dear, the GUild did not put Virtus in the square West of AM
[14:48] Sonja Strom: I believe I understand your intention is to try to plan effectively (?)
[14:48] Moon Adamant: yes sonja
[14:48] Moon Adamant: i need data
[14:48] Jamie Palisades: it has helped us figure out how, once Virtus made that suggestion :)
[14:48] Moon Adamant: sighs
[14:48] Sonja Strom: but I think the AA conversations are too tentative for such planning
[14:49] Moon Adamant: i need data, i need decisions by the political power
[14:49] Cindy Ecksol agrees with sonja
[14:49] Moon Adamant: otherwise, bugger this for a game of soldiers
[14:49] Timo Gufler: I agree also
[14:49] Cindy Ecksol: moon, we just need to be patient
[14:49] Jamie Palisades: May I ask, Moon, what data specifically you want? Forgive me if it;s already been written somewhere
[14:49] Cindy Ecksol: everyone involved with the AA project is aware of the GMP
[14:49] Moon Adamant: well, i am losing patience fast
[14:49] Sonja Strom: That's good to know Cindy.
[14:49] Jamie Palisades: if we do this, we;ll have to ask for something specific :)
[14:49] Cindy Ecksol: any proposal jamie brings forward will, I'm sure, take that into account
[14:50] Cindy Ecksol: we just need to wait, and hopefully they will propose....just as Arria did
[14:50] Sonja Strom: Maybe they could have a planning conversation together with us?
[14:50] Cindy Ecksol: of course, sonja....once some kind of a proposal is on the table tha twould be good
[14:50] Sonja Strom: Somehow looking at what might eventually be desired, or something like that?
[14:50] Cindy Ecksol: I believe that is how it has worked iwth Arria's project
[14:51] Cindy Ecksol: she conceived it, then brought it to Guild
[14:51] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[14:51] Jamie Palisades: we'er talking "process" again
[14:51] Moon Adamant: then i will rephrase my vote again
[14:51] Jamie Palisades: :)
[14:52] Moon Adamant: do you all agree
[14:52] Moon Adamant: that for the AA to be re-introduced into the GMP
[14:52] Moon Adamant: they themselves must propose a solution?
[14:52] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[14:52] Cindy Ecksol: Moon, we have taken AA out of the map....
[14:52] Moon Adamant: yes Cindy
[14:53] Cindy Ecksol: if and when they are ready to come in with a proposal, that will be soon enough for us to talk about voting on where and when they should be in the map
[14:53] Moon Adamant: but on late posts bby herr chancellor here next to me
[14:53] Jamie Palisades smiles, sighs. here is what I was sor of hoping for today - and perhaps am not having much luck ....
[14:53] Cindy Ecksol: let's just not vote at all today on AA....
[14:53] Moon Adamant: apparently AA is back into the discussion again
[14:53] Sonja Strom: Moon, with all respect to your intention, I don't want to vote on anything in relation to AA right now.
[14:53] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:53] Cindy Ecksol: Jamie has been clear: he needs to know that we are open to whatever is proposed and will work with AA to figure out a way to make it work....
[14:53] Moon Adamant: then what do you want me to do?
[14:53] Moon Adamant: hi Sam :)
[14:53] Samantha Fuller: hello
[14:54] Cindy Ecksol: can we just say "yes, jamie, we will look forward to seeing what you propose"?
[14:54] Jamie Palisades: I really thnk the Guild wikll add more value if you treat AA's possibility as you did the Virtus one - START with a place assumption, and then advise on how to do it best
[14:54] Jamie Palisades: and we ought to have an assumption shortly
[14:54] Moon Adamant rolls eyes
[14:54] Jamie Palisades: Hi Sami
[14:54] Sonja Strom: Hi Samantha
[14:54] Moon Adamant: Cindy
[14:54] Arria Perreault: Hi Samantha :-)
[14:54] Moon Adamant: i am ok with your proposal
[14:54] Timo Gufler: hi Sam
[14:55] Moon Adamant: are we all agreeable with Cindy's proposal?
[14:55] Sonja Strom: We could maybe have a statement like "If AA wants to work together with the CDS on future planning, we will be open to such conversations."
[14:55] Sonja Strom: Is this the sort of thing you mean?
[14:55] Moon Adamant: yes!
[14:55] Jamie Palisades: sigh that almost sounds hostile to my ears
[14:55] Moon Adamant: guys
[14:55] Cindy Ecksol: sounds German :-)
[14:55] Moon Adamant: please understand ONE thing
[14:55] Sonja Strom: Jamie, are you wanting something from us?
[14:55] Samantha Fuller: sounds just impatient
[14:55] Sonja Strom: oh, sorry! LOL
[14:55] Moon Adamant: i can't plan the merging of two territories
[14:56] Moon Adamant: if teh territories keep turning the back on one another
[14:56] Jamie Palisades chuckles. SOnjoa peonlly I have four hopes
[14:56] Moon Adamant: i need data, i need political decisions
[14:56] Jamie Palisades: - An answer on AA which can be taken here for advice
[14:56] Moon Adamant: otherwise, i am here waiting my time
[14:56] Cindy Ecksol: patience! politics takes a LOT of time....
[14:56] Jamie Palisades: - Moon to tell us WHAT data she wishes
[14:56] Jamie Palisades: - Samantha to chat about NFS prims
[14:56] Cindy Ecksol: we have much other work to do...like tweaking the Monastery sim to fit :-)
[14:57] Jamie Palisades: and - Moon to eat dinner
[14:57] Moon Adamant: we need geographic data about Al Andaluz
[14:57] Cindy Ecksol: ah, yes...those RL things....
[14:57] Jamie Palisades: RAWs?
[14:57] Cindy Ecksol: and I have a rehearsal to run in one hour and need to eat first...
[14:57] Moon Adamant: that data must be similar in format to the panels behind Sam
[14:57] Cindy Ecksol: jamie, how about those nice models Rose made??
[14:57] Jamie Palisades: :)
[14:57] Moon Adamant: we need maps, we need altimetries, we need demographics
[14:58] Cindy Ecksol: patience! we do not yet even have a proposal!
[14:58] Cindy Ecksol: lol!
[14:58] Jamie Palisades: s I recall, assembling that first set for CDS's then-3 sims took - um - about monthd
[14:58] Sonja Strom: I thought we had a proposal, but took it away (?)
[14:58] Jamie Palisades: 3 months
[14:59] Moon Adamant: yes, and this will take as long, for the looks of it
[14:59] Moon Adamant: but Jamie
[14:59] Jamie Palisades smiles
[14:59] Moon Adamant: expansion must not be done outside a framework
[14:59] Moon Adamant: otherwise you will get thar old mainland feel in no time
[14:59] Jamie Palisades: and frameworks must not outgrow being a means to en end
[14:59] Jamie Palisades: for example
[14:59] Jamie Palisades: a metarule might be
[15:00] Jamie Palisades: no two themed simes can attach to each other difrectly without either a transitions sim or a buig obcuring feature like a mountain
[15:00] Jamie Palisades: but
[15:00] Jamie Palisades: sigh
[15:00] Jamie Palisades: no one is talking in those term,s
[15:00] Jamie Palisades: so far as I can tell
[15:00] Jamie Palisades: .. i DI ask if it;s possible to do a transition in less that a sim;s width
[15:01] Moon Adamant: i seem to recall 15 minutes of conversation about transitional spaces....
[15:01] Jamie Palisades: i:) and no rle
[15:01] Jamie Palisades: rule
[15:01] Sonja Strom: I would like that as a general concept - it would not need to be a whole sim width, but having it in mind.
[15:01] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[15:01] Sonja Strom: It would not need to be written as a law, only kept in mind.
[15:01] Moon Adamant: it's midnight for CET
[15:02] Moon Adamant: eleven PM for me
[15:02] Timo Gufler: 1:00 EET
[15:02] Jamie Palisades: McDonalds closes soon!
[15:02] Sonja Strom: EET!
[15:02] Sonja Strom: hahaa
[15:02] Timo Gufler: :-)
[15:02] Moon Adamant: we are at two hours meeting almost
[15:02] Moon Adamant: so i propose we adjourn
[15:02] Leni Straaf snores
[15:02] Sonja Strom: Does Jamie have what he needs to continue his conversations with AA?
[15:03] Sonja Strom: Leni ;)
[15:03] Jamie Palisades: wanna betr she;s not really asleep? watch ... Jamie throws another salmon to Leni .. and tries to answer Sonja ...
[15:03] Sonja Strom: lol
[15:03] Jamie Palisades: SOnja, I think we have a better understanding of what questions Do need to be asked
[15:03] Jamie Palisades: that does help
[15:03] Leni Straaf catches the salman and...
[15:04] Sonja Strom: Leni will smell it for sure, and it will wake her
[15:04] Sonja Strom: see!
[15:04] Moon Adamant: ok
[15:04] Jamie Palisades: and we have settled that the locatio of Virtus proposal works
[15:04] Arria Perreault: :-)
[15:04] Jamie Palisades: it;s like sleep walking
[15:04] Leni Straaf shallows it and continues sleeping
[15:04] Jamie Palisades: sleep-fish-catching
[15:04] Sonja Strom: hehee
[15:04] Jamie Palisades: talented girl!
[15:04] Moon Adamant: before i adjourn
[15:04] Jamie Palisades: Moon, let's see if in a few days we do not have some siple constraints from a real AA proposal.
[15:04] Jamie Palisades: *simple
[15:05] Moon Adamant: i must warn you all that next week i won't be available to chair this meeting
[15:05] Jamie Palisades: thurday or sunday?
[15:05] Moon Adamant: both, in fact
[15:05] Sonja Strom: Is this understanding enough, or do you need a decision voted-upon?
[15:05] Moon Adamant: i am attending a hmmm
[15:05] Moon Adamant: budhhist hmmm
[15:05] Moon Adamant: lacking word here
[15:05] Cindy Ecksol: ?
[15:05] Jamie Palisades: (i think it;s enough personally) (i hope this is GODO news Moon)
[15:05] Jamie Palisades: conga line
[15:05] Sonja Strom: retreat
[15:05] Moon Adamant: no lol
[15:05] Moon Adamant: retreat!
[15:05] Cindy Ecksol: with the hmmmms sounds like it might be a chanting session :-)
[15:06] Jamie Palisades: too bad - i'd like to get pictures of you in a Buddhist Conga line.
[15:06] Moon Adamant: so that will give lots of time to put up a proposal to be studied here at teh next meeting
[15:06] Sonja Strom: I hope it is a good experience for you :-)
[15:06] Moon Adamant: thanks Sonja, i am sure it will be :)
[15:06] Moon Adamant: ok
[15:06] Moon Adamant: any other business?
[15:06] Jamie Palisades: I wonder if it;s possible to chat wit Samantha for a second after adjounrment?
[15:07] Moon Adamant: of course
[15:07] Moon Adamant: but i will stop the transcript now if you all agree
[15:07] Sonja Strom: agree
[15:07] Jamie Palisades: Thanks,not for long
[15:07] Timo Gufler: aye
[15:07] Moon Adamant: ok
[15:07] Moon Adamant: thank you all
[15:07] Samantha Fuller: for a 2 minuets but i need to check on a building
[15:07] Arria Perreault: ty Moon
[15:07] Timo Gufler: thank you Moon
[15:07] Jamie Palisades: OK :)
[15:07] Moon Adamant: afk while i log this

Eudaimonia now!
Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:29 am

Re: GMP Workgroup Meeting 16th April 2009 - Transcript

Post by Rose Springvale »

this would have been the workgroup meeting wherein the revised terrain was discussed. Please note that the meeting begins with an apology to the group that the terrain had not been reviewed. The GMP wg only met one other time after this, and the terrain was not discussed. No GMP has been voted by the guild since Symos, as best i can tell.

Just for the record.

User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 800
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Re: GMP Workgroup Meeting 16th April 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

The terrain which has not been reviewed is the OVERALL GMP terrain, which i am still lacking to do.

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”