RA meeting 19 April 2009 TRANSCRIPT (two parts)

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 pm

RA meeting 19 April 2009 TRANSCRIPT (two parts)

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

[9:03] Soro Dagostino: Please consent to be recorded.
[9:03] Cindy Ecksol: conset
[9:03] Sonja Strom: I consent
[9:03] Timo Gufler: conset
[9:03] Cindy Ecksol: consent to recording in chat please...
[9:04] Arria Perreault: consent
[9:04] Pip Torok: i dconsent to be recorded
[9:04] Jamie Palisades: I consent
[9:04] Rose Springvale: is the chat recorder working or do we consent in caht?
[9:04] Sigmund Leominster: I consent
[9:05] Soro Dagostino: And I consent.
[9:05] Soro Dagostino: In chat.
[9:05] Rose Springvale: smile, okay, consent
[9:05] Rose Springvale: agenda in the giver is old...
[9:05] Chat Range: Gwyneth Llewelyn [18m]
[9:05] Soro Dagostino: We have four -- I was told by Justice and Brian they would be absent.
[9:06] Soro Dagostino: Hmmmm, anyone know how to fix that?
[9:06] Cindy Ecksol: yes, I can fix i fsomeone can give me the agenda :-)
[9:06] Close Range: Gwyneth Llewelyn [24m]
[9:06] Soro Dagostino: The Agenda was announced in the forum
[9:06] Chat Range: Gwyneth Llewelyn [5m]
[9:06] Sonja Strom: Hi Gwyneth
[9:06] Cindy Ecksol: chat recorder is on, but I haven't yet rigged it to ask permission
[9:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hi hi, sorry for being late!
[9:07] Cindy Ecksol: hold on....fixing agenda
[9:07] Soro Dagostino: Hello Gwynethe -- consent to recordation in chat please?
[9:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh sure, record away :)
[9:08] Soro Dagostino: Thank you Cindy
[9:08] Cindy Ecksol: ok, fixed...
[9:08] Long Range: Leni Straaf [89m]
[9:08] Jamie Palisades: hmm that was an interesting dance by Arria - who we've just lost
[9:08] Rose Springvale: she's relogging
[9:08] Jamie Palisades: I imagine so :)
[9:08] Pip Torok: lol
[9:08] Chat Range: Arria Perreault [11m]
[9:09] Close Range: Leni Straaf [40m]
[9:09] Chat Range: Leni Straaf [15m]
[9:09] Soro Dagostino: Hello Leni
[9:09] Rose Springvale: hi Leni!
[9:09] Leni Straaf: hello!
[9:09] Sonja Strom: Hi Leni
[9:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn loves Rose's fan :)
[9:11] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:11] Soro Dagostino: Ok, Agenda is posted.
[9:11] Rose Springvale: you should see me dance ;)
[9:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'm a fan of your fan... :)
[9:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yessss
[9:11] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:11] Sonja Strom: :)
[9:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol I would love that!
[9:11] Arria Perreault: flamenco ?
[9:12] Gwyneth Llewelyn: thank you Soro :)
[9:12] Rose Springvale: Feria .. today, 3 pm... lol
[9:12] Soro Dagostino: Are there any changes.
[9:12] Rose Springvale: Soro, i've got announcements, not sure where that goes
[9:12] Rose Springvale: events
[9:12] Jamie Palisades smiles, raises eyebrow, waits for Mr LRA
[9:12] Soro Dagostino: Item 5.
[9:13] Soro Dagostino: But we will move it to 1 d. if you would like.
[9:13] Rose Springvale: it doesn't matter, i just don't want to be left out again :)
[9:14] Soro Dagostino: Your heard today.
[9:14] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:14] Rose Springvale: thanks
[9:14] Soro Dagostino: Any other changes to the Agenda?
[9:15] Cindy Ecksol: soro, I will have to leave at 10, so would like to request 7 day vote for later items
[9:15] Soro Dagostino: Any non-RA speakers on Agenda matters?
[9:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: one second, Soro...
[9:15] Soro Dagostino: Hold Cindy -- we have that.
[9:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I would like to ask if Moon'll be around...
[9:16] Soro Dagostino: I do not know.
[9:16] Rose Springvale: i'll reserve the right to speak as a non ra member
[9:16] Soro Dagostino: Noted Rose.
[9:16] Soro Dagostino: Others?
[9:16] Arria Perreault: I will speak as non ra members
[9:16] Timo Gufler: maybe me too
[9:16] Soro Dagostino: Noted Arria
[9:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (ok, Moon might attend in a bit=
[9:16] Arria Perreault: III. GENERAL MASTER PLAN
[9:16] Soro Dagostino: Timo
[9:17] Soro Dagostino: Moon is noted as having something to say :)
[9:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Just if she gets here in time :)
[9:18] Soro Dagostino: Per RA rules, there are three request for 7 day vote.
[9:18] You decline Guthrie's Amer. And Trad. Folk, Kissena Park (18, 175, 21) from A group member named Dottie Iceberg.
[9:18] Soro Dagostino: Justice, Brian and Cindy -- who must leave at 10.
[9:18] Timo Gufler: is this the only time stlot when a non- RA member can speak?
[9:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Technically, they can "sign-up" for any slot :)
[9:19] Timo Gufler: *slot
[9:19] Timo Gufler: ok :)
[9:19] Jamie Palisades: Mr. LRA? May I suggest that of the agenda items I have (my report, AA and Monastery), we push my report off until after 10, then?
[9:19] Soro Dagostino: No. Reserve the right to comment on agenda items
[9:19] Soro Dagostino: Yes Jamie.
[9:20] Timo Gufler: I would like to reserve right to comment the Monastery item when it is discussed
[9:20] Soro Dagostino: Noted Timo
[9:21] Soro Dagostino: Rose, we have a guest, Sigmund, would you introduce please?
[9:21] Rose Springvale: oh, i'd be happy to!
[9:22] Rose Springvale: As you all know, Prim Perfect Magazine is highlighting CDS as sim of the month in May
[9:22] Rose Springvale: Sigmund is the writer who is herding us all together to create a masterpiece :)
[9:22] Rose Springvale: So if he calls on you, please give time and make him feel welcome here :0
[9:22] Sigmund Leominster: thank you ;)
[9:22] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:23] Soro Dagostino: Welcome Sigmund/
[9:23] Soro Dagostino: :)
[9:23] Sigmund Leominster nods
[9:23] Soro Dagostino: Would you like to say a few words?
[9:23] Sigmund Leominster: Only that I am here simpyl as an observer...
[9:24] Chat Range: Moon Adamant [5m]
[9:24] Moon Adamant: hello everyone :)
[9:24] Soro Dagostino: Thank you.
[9:24] Sigmund Leominster: And thank you for letting me attend
[9:24] Soro Dagostino: Hello Moon.
[9:24] Rose Springvale: until rose gets her hooks in him and sells land...
[9:24] Sigmund Leominster: ;)
[9:24] Moon Adamant: sorry i am late :)
[9:24] Cindy Ecksol wonders why rose gave sigmund the seat under that dangerous rock...
[9:24] Soro Dagostino: Moon, please consent to recording?
[9:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Welcome to the CDS, then, Sigmund :) And hi, Moon, you're just in time to tell the LRA if you're interested in talking about any of the points of the agenda
[9:24] Moon Adamant: certainly Soro, and please list me also as intending to speak
[9:25] Soro Dagostino: Noted
[9:25] Soro Dagostino: One last admin item. Next meeting is May 3, 2009 @ 0900
[9:26] Soro Dagostino: At the Chancellor's request -- his report is moved to after the discussion items in Item III
[9:26] Leni Straaf: me too constent
[9:27] Soro Dagostino: Which is the next -- thank you Leni -- item on the Agenda.
[9:27] Soro Dagostino: Point of Order . . .
[9:27] Soro Dagostino: I understand these proposals are not up for a vote today.
[9:28] Soro Dagostino: This a comment and issue discussion today.
[9:28] Jamie Palisades: is that a question directed at me?
[9:28] Jamie Palisades smiles
[9:28] Soro Dagostino: I am reporting what I was told by the Chancellor :)
[9:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Mmmmh.
[9:29] Soro Dagostino: But as a point of order, no resolution is up for vote today.
[9:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Naughty, naughty :) The Chancellor now tells the LRA what to say? Shocking, shocking :)
[9:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn *giggles*
[9:29] Jamie Palisades: I'll just volunteer that the RA can do whatever it likes, but I will proposed (in light of the 3 absentees) a straw vote on two proposals today, followed by some homework and a plan to make a final decision on 3 May.
[9:29] Soro Dagostino: And that even took a long time.
[9:30] Moon Adamant: have the absentees reequested a 7-day vote?
[9:30] Soro Dagostino: Yes, said before you arrived.
[9:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, Moon, they did.
[9:30] Soro Dagostino: And Cindy has to leave.
[9:30] Moon Adamant: sorry, mr LRA
[9:30] Moon Adamant: just clearing why no vote is expected today
[9:31] Soro Dagostino: And she has also requested a 7 day vote.
[9:31] Moon Adamant: so... in theory, you can
[9:31] Soro Dagostino: The other issue is that the Resolution to be presented are not complete.
[9:31] Jamie Palisades: Oh i expect we will leave the meeting today with quite a few thigns cleared up :) if, with all respect, we get t the business items
[9:31] Moon Adamant: vote on this thie week, righT'
[9:31] Moon Adamant: ?
[9:32] Soro Dagostino: No, unless the Motion is made in this session.
[9:32] Moon Adamant: ok ok
[9:32] Arria Perreault: for non english speakers: what is the meaning of "strw vote"?
[9:32] Soro Dagostino: No vote is expected today.
[9:32] Soro Dagostino: Jamie?
[9:33] Jamie Palisades: Yes?
[9:33] Soro Dagostino: Define Straw Vote . . . as you intend it to be.
[9:33] Timo Gufler: lol
[9:33] Arria Perreault: ty
[9:34] Moon Adamant: yes, i am not very sure of the meaning myself
[9:34] Soro Dagostino: Arria has a right to ask.
[9:34] Pip Torok: nor me
[9:34] Rose Springvale: informal vote, indicating preferences
[9:34] Jamie Palisades: That woudl be premature as we're not in te agenda item, but to be generally responsive, what I would LIKE to see is this: a generall nnbinding agreement to the outline of two transactions -- which will then allow the other side's principles to finalize them - in both cases.
[9:34] Rose Springvale: but not binding
[9:34] Jamie Palisades: :) rose said it in 7 words
[9:34] Moon Adamant: thank you
[9:34] Jamie Palisades: a third of mine
[9:34] Jamie Palisades: typical :D
[9:34] Rose Springvale: :)
[9:34] Soro Dagostino: Arria?
[9:35] Soro Dagostino: Is that adequate for you?
[9:35] Arria Perreault: yes, tahnk you
[9:35] Soro Dagostino: Lets begin.
[9:35] Soro Dagostino: The Draft Bill for the accession of AA.
[9:36] Soro Dagostino: Jamie, where is that posted?
[9:36] Rose Springvale: hmm
[9:37] Rose Springvale: isnt' this about GMP?
[9:37] Jamie Palisades: Soro, I expect (based on some chats with AA) to ...
[9:37] Pip Torok: i have a note of the forum proposal if anyone wants a copy
[9:37] Jamie Palisades: huh?
[9:37] Moon Adamant looks up
[9:37] Jamie Palisades: GMP?
[9:37] Jamie Palisades: Lost me there
[9:37] Rose Springvale: sorry, i'll be quiet
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: May I speak to AA?
[9:38] Soro Dagostino: Yes
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: thanks.
[9:38] Jamie Palisades: On both this and the Monastery project
[9:38] Soro Dagostino: Yes
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: I;d hoped to write bills, and instead am bringing bullet point proposals to you --
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: -- for which I apolgize, but I suspect will suffice to get over the main question we face --
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: which is, really, do we want to do these deals?
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: I thikn we do, by the way --\
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: but
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: the details have been constantly elusive
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: every time i sti down with the proponants, we find new twists
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: happily
[9:39] Jamie Palisades: i *think*
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: we have solid common understanding on each of them now
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: so
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: hat's what I have come here to report, disvuss amd
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: importantly
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: seeka general reaction
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: we should tell both proponents if we intend to proceed.
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: thus the "starw vote" suggestion
[9:40] Jamie Palisades: with that as background:
[9:41] Jamie Palisades: here's what I have on the first one, Al Andalus.
[9:41] Jamie Palisades: ---
[9:41] Soro Dagostino: Yes?
[9:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (copy and pasting takes a bit of time, Soro :) )
[9:41] Jamie Palisades: It's SL :) it takes some typing. ... Sudane was good enough to review the
Al-Andalus estate rent rolls. Here's what we have confirmed with her help --
though I would like to ask her to report
to you directly before final action is
[9:42] Jamie Palisades: 1. There are two "main" sims, AA Alhambra and AA Generalife. They stay *approximately* fully rented, over time, in the same sort of 80-95% range we think of as normal for our mature NFS or AM sims. As most of you know, there are a lot of gorgeous builds there in the common area -- what this means economically is that there's some resemblance to NFS: a large number of very small lots, and swaths of public space.
[9:43] Jamie Palisades: These two do better than break-even consistently, but on a different basis than CDS. Al-Andalaus estate operates as a nonprofit, meaning they get a significantly reduced per-sim cost from Linden Labs, about HALF of the standard rate. So their rent rates amount to an averaged price per prim of around L$3/m2/month, lower than ours.
[9:43] Jamie Palisades: that's significant
[9:43] Jamie Palisades: We could not harmonise CDS-wide rent rates after an AA merger without a rent raise in AA that we think would lose tenants, based on practice. So the first question must be, would CDS be
willing to take into its administration:
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: (a) a region with lower cost and lower rates?
(b) a region where the estate owner of record must be affiliated with some nonprofit organization shell (which Sudane, by the way, cannot do)?
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: Personally I believe both these are feasible, but they must be generally acceptable to you if we are to proceed.
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: As to (a): It seems to me that ALL of CDS, as a self-owned government with no profit taker, should be elgible for the Linden nonprofit rate. Our own Linden rates are likely to go UP. SO if we can qualify for them to go DOWN, cut in half or more, we should, period, and benefit from the increased revenue or decrease our rents CDS-wide, or both.
[9:45] Jamie Palisades: As to (b): In the SHORT term, everythign we do in CDS is based in tryst anyway. We try Sudane to pay tier on time, not run with the Linden bank account to Ibiza. We trust Aliasi to actually *keep* our unreplaceble backups. Amnd so on. So I am not troubled by an arrangement where Rose's AA people would persist with a nonprofit, probably with a couple of our CDS and their AA people as the ceremonical incorporators, and then that structure would simply take instruction from the government in the same way Sudane does now. Basically we'd have a second, subsidiary estate owner for some sims.
[9:45] Jamie Palisades: In the LONG term, While we've talked some times in the past about a corporate shell for CDS, there hasn't ever really been a complelling benefit. Halving our costs, in a recession, is one, So I would like us to re-rexamine the possibility of a shell nonprofit for all of CDS. Persaonlly I think if we do a second bigger shell it should not be a US organization -- but let me stress, ths larger question is NOT a part of an AA merger transaction.
[9:45] Jamie Palisades: ...
[9:46] Jamie Palisades: I have more, but let's stop there first. Basic idea: works only at DIFFERENT rates and if we take on the nonprofit structure. Any general questions about that? I note that the AA estate owner, Rose, is here also.
[9:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I do have a ton... I'll sign up with the LRA to add me to the queue
[9:47] Moon Adamant: i have one, very specific
[9:47] Soro Dagostino: Noted Gwyn
[9:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Moon first, lol
[9:47] Soro Dagostino: Jamie are you finished.
[9:48] Jamie Palisades: As I said, no, but the issues of the voids, and merged governance, and simpler. I thn the REAL issue is this big one: will we accept nonharmonized rent and the nonprofit? So let's do that first.
[9:49] Soro Dagostino: That will be the order of the day.
[9:49] Soro Dagostino: Questions on the nonharmonized rent?
[9:49] Soro Dagostino: Comments?
[9:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn: mmmh, yes, which order are you taking?
[9:50] Soro Dagostino: Nonharmonized rents.
[9:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, well, I'll grab the floor then — lol
[9:50] Soro Dagostino: It is the subject on the floor.
[9:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Jamie... you said something which made my ears tingle...
[9:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: " It seems to me that ALL of CDS, as a self-owned government with no profit taker, should be elgible for the Linden nonprofit rate. "
[9:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: How? :D
[9:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Do you mean —" "let's lobby for it to LL"?
[9:51] Jamie Palisades smiles
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: no
[9:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Aww
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: here is what I mean
[9:51] Moon Adamant: i don't think that would work... they're a tad deaf
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: LL HAS a nonprofit rate
[9:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh yes.
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: but you have to have an org to get it - it;s a very LIGHT requirement but a solid one
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: so
[9:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (and indeed, LL is deaf and dumb, thus my question :) )
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: we have TWO pieces there Gwyn
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: long term
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: does CDS want to try and halve its own tier?
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: NOT today's issue
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: just noting it
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: and short term
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: today's issue
[9:52] Soro Dagostino: I was going to rule
[9:52] Moon Adamant: yes
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: will be take o AA if its ownership stays within a new nonprofit that we contorl?
[9:52] Moon Adamant: but on the short term
[9:52] Moon Adamant: a question is naturally raised
[9:52] Soro Dagostino: The topic is non-harmonized rents.
[9:52] Jamie Palisades smiles and waits for the LRA to direct order of speaking
[9:53] Soro Dagostino: Next on that topic?
[9:53] Jamie Palisades raises hus hand on the rent thing
[9:53] Moon Adamant: are you suggesting that the whole CDS to go under the umbrella of AA's non-profit?
[9:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: That would be my question #2
[9:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Even if "for the time being".
[9:53] Sonja Strom: I think it would be great if we could establish a way for nonprofit sims to join the CDS community.
[9:53] Soro Dagostino: Moon, I am sorry that is out of order.
[9:53] Sonja Strom: Right now all CDS sims are self-supporting, each with different rates of land fees. This would not seem much different from how it is now. The only difference would be the nonprofit factor, which I think is going in a good direction.
[9:53] Moon Adamant: sorry mr LRA
[9:53] Jamie Palisades: (no, Moon, but i think you're out of order tecnically. Let's let Soro run the meeting, if you will.)
[9:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I object, Mr LRA. I cannot "vote" on a direction we should take about non-harmonised rates, unless I know what choices we are being offered here today.
[9:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Bad choices are made by lack of information :)
[9:54] Jamie Palisades: (s a point of order I note no vot has yet been sought)
[9:54] Soro Dagostino: That is a Motion to overule the chair?
[9:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: haha Soro. No, just an objection :)
[9:54] Soro Dagostino: Thank you.
[9:55] Soro Dagostino: Can we live with nonharmonized rents?
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'd prefer as a goal to have harmonised ones.
[9:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Within what we can do.
[9:55] Pip Torok: I say we can if only for the short/medium term
[9:55] Jamie Palisades raises his hand on the rent issue .. again
[9:55] Soro Dagostino: Jamie
[9:55] Jamie Palisades: thanks. Here's the raw calculations:
[9:56] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I agree with Pip.... ys, for the short term, to get anything actually going forward...
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: sigh,
[9:56] Soro Dagostino: Jamie
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: when you;d done.
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: Gwyn dear I am goign to type several lines in a row now, OK?
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: NFS............. Hi: 3.13 Lo: 1.77
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: CN............... Hi: 2.98 Lo: 2.13
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: AM............... Double prims: 5.12
if it were single prims: 2.56
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: LA................ Double prims: 4.35
if it were single prims: 2.17
[9:56] Jamie Palisades: AA Alhambra...................... 1.99
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: AA Generalife...................... 2.06
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: and thanks to Sudane for those.
[9:57] You decline MOON FEVER/MOONTAGE (60, 138, 38) from A group member named Kourosh Eusebio.
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: what you should see is this
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: we do not have harmonized rents today
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: we may get there over time
[9:57] Soro Dagostino: Are there questions about this information?
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: we woudl be bringing in AA at a lower *average* rate
[9:57] Jamie Palisades: but not radically so. Done
[9:58] Long Range: Tusitala Enoch [68m]
[9:58] Soro Dagostino: Do you all understand the figures presneted?
[9:58] Jamie Palisades: when it;s convenient, Mr LRA, I will suggest that I next repsond to the Moon/Gwyn Qs about nonprofits.
[9:59] Cindy Ecksol nods understanding
[9:59] Soro Dagostino: Yes Jamie -- but lets get this down.
[9:59] Jamie Palisades nods
[9:59] Gwyneth Llewelyn understands the figrues too — thank you to you and Sudane for the work in presenting them
[9:59] Close Range: Tusitala Enoch [38m]
[9:59] Long Range: Tusitala Enoch [46m]
[9:59] Soro Dagostino: Is there a "rule of Thumb Ratio?
[10:00] Jamie Palisades: yikes :D
[10:00] Jamie Palisades: meaning?
[10:00] Soro Dagostino: Your average difference?
[10:00] Gwyneth Llewelyn notices that the difference is not HUGE anyway — so I'd be fine in following Pip's suggestion: short-term, different rates are ok (mostly to speed up the process), if the goal is, mid/long-term to strive to harmonise them.
[10:01] Soro Dagostino: Is that the consensus of the house?
[10:01] Sonja Strom: I think so.
[10:01] Pip Torok for the record concurs with Gwyn
[10:01] Jamie Palisades: I agree withGwyn there - and Soro, every time we try to essay an avarega CDS number we get a diff answer (chuckle, sigh)
[10:01] Soro Dagostino: Cidy?
[10:01] Soro Dagostino: Cindy?
[10:01] Soro Dagostino: sry.
[10:03] Soro Dagostino: I think she went RL at 10
[10:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, if not a consensus, a majority... :)
[10:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And yes, I think so too, Soro
[10:03] Pip Torok: i think so too
[10:03] Soro Dagostino: Ok, next question
[10:03] Cindy Ecksol: sorry...
[10:04] Cindy Ecksol: I'm ok with gwyn's statement.
[10:04] Cindy Ecksol: and I do need to leave....so will pick this up in the transcript
[10:04] Soro Dagostino: Noted, Jamie -- state the issue please?
[10:04] Jamie Palisades: thank you
[10:05] Soro Dagostino: Hmmmm -- :)) Drumming fingers on the rostrum.
[10:05] Jamie Palisades: we cannot do the AA deal without the AA basis in their sim tier price. Thus, we need *a* nonprofit entity of some kind -- not their current one -- to continue to own those sims asn estate owner of record. So this deal onl works if we are happy having a second-tier EO and leaving a simple nonprofit inplace. That creates 3 subissues
[10:06] Jamie Palisades: (a) a handful of ceremonial incorporators -- easy, I think
[10:06] Jamie Palisades: (b) someone who is willing to be the second EO, but subject to the same control by the gov't that Sudane is today
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: and (c) us being as comfortable with that person as we are with Sudane
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: done thanks
[10:07] Arria Perreault: I have a question
[10:07] Soro Dagostino: kk
[10:07] Soro Dagostino: Yes
[10:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn also has one question after Arria
[10:08] Soro Dagostino: Noted
[10:08] Arria Perreault: A technical question: in case of non-profit, who is the estate ownwer: the rl organisation or an individual?
[10:09] Arria Perreault: for LL
[10:09] Jamie Palisades: the indvidual
[10:09] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (from LL's PoV: an individual avatar)
[10:09] Soro Dagostino: Jamie?
[10:09] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods* @ Jamie
[10:09] Jamie Palisades: the indviidual must TELL LL that they HAVE a nonprofit
[10:09] Jamie Palisades: but LL does not inquire much into its nature
[10:10] Arria Perreault: thank you
[10:10] Soro Dagostino: Gwyn -- your question?
[10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Just to clarify 1) The "we need *a* nonprofit to continue to own those sims" means: we would have to change the EO of the AA sims to someone who owns a non-profit, is that it? 2) The reverse issue is possible, e.g. the CDS sims be under the AA's not-for-profit? [NOTE: I'm not actually suggesting this idea, I'm just ASKING if that would be a possibility at all] 3) Can we use "any" not-for-profit? OTOH, I know about half a dozen... I'm even president of one or two... hehe
[10:10] Jamie Palisades: may I?
[10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: or should we create one not-for-profit specifically for the CDS?
[10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (sure!)
[10:11] Jamie Palisades: this will take a minute :)
[10:11] Soro Dagostino: Jamie
[10:11] Jamie Palisades: (1) yes, unless we use the current EO, who is Rose.
[10:11] Jamie Palisades: (2) I don't think so.
[10:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (works for me <winky, winky> ;)
[10:12] Jamie Palisades: it woudl be possible (#@) but I thikn not wise.
[10:12] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Rose's the non-profit president?
[10:12] Jamie Palisades: well she is an office rof the OLD one, but for us she woudl hve to be an oficer of the NEW one.
[10:12] Jamie Palisades: may I continue?
[10:12] Soro Dagostino: Jamie
[10:12] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Sorry, I'll ask that again later hehe
[10:13] Jamie Palisades: 3
[10:13] Jamie Palisades: there's some flexibility in what kidn of nonprofit is used, but if we pursue this plan, the simlest course seesm to me to be this:
[10:13] Jamie Palisades: (a) use a new. single purpose nonporfit in a form with whih rose is comfortable, for AA
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: that probably means a US entity by the way
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: and
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: (b) AFTER we evaluate it,. IF we want to try ...
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: a second NP (that maybe ownes the first, dunno) for the rest of CDS to get the lower rate ...
[10:14] Jamie Palisades: .. which i do NOT think shoud be US based
[10:15] Moon Adamant npods in assent
[10:15] Jamie Palisades: done responding to Gywn's Qs
[10:15] Soro Dagostino: Moon. Your next.
[10:15] Sonja Strom: The CDS is not really in existence to make anybody a profit.
[10:15] Jamie Palisades: ( :D god knows)
[10:15] Moon Adamant: Soro, my question has been fully answered already, thank you
[10:15] Soro Dagostino: Thank you.
[10:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I still have some questions... or rather... a hypothetical scenario.
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: Soro, a point or order?
[10:16] Soro Dagostino: On the nonprofit issue?
[10:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
[10:16] Soro Dagostino: Yes Jamie.
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: I have a practical suggetsion.
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: time limits,
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: How about 5 more mins of Q,s then 10 more on AA total, then at 1030 we move to Monastery?
[10:16] Soro Dagostino: Yes, I was about to do that.
[10:17] Jamie Palisades: (which will be easier, but we must get to it)
[10:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: It means we have to write faster :)
[10:17] Soro Dagostino: Yes.
[10:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, my hypothetical scenario is hypothetical, because I haven't asked Rose's opinion :) (so, Rose, feel free to yell NO)
[10:17] Jamie Palisades: I have every confidence in you Gwyn :D
[10:17] Soro Dagostino: Gwyn your issue?
[10:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Not an issue, a question/suggestion.
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Let's imagine that we wish to deal with AA this term still.
[10:18] Soro Dagostino: So state.
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And ask Rose, as representative/owner/president of the not-for-profit that runs AA,
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: to become the EO of the CDS as well
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: *temporarily* so
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: since that would neatly deal with the issue — again, short-term
[10:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: While we figure out a permanent solution.
[10:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Rose, would that be acceptable to you?
[10:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And then, of course, would that be acceptable to the RA?
[10:19] Jamie Palisades: :/ all of CDS? or just the AA thing?
[10:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: That's it.
[10:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: All of the CDS to make things easier :D
[10:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Or rather, all of the CDS PLUS AA.
[10:19] Rose Springvale smiles at Gwyneth.. do i answer?
[10:19] Soro Dagostino: Comments?
[10:19] Soro Dagostino: Rose
[10:19] Jamie Palisades: soryr, i object even to the question as rude to Sudane, without consulting her first.
[10:20] Jamie Palisades: but hey :) carry on. Rudness is not a law in CDS
[10:20] Gwyneth Llewelyn: That would be scenario #2, and the reverse question to Rose, e.g. if that would be acceptable to Rose to have Sudane own the whole of AA + CDS
[10:20] Soro Dagostino: I would suggest it is but a proposal
[10:20] Jamie Palisades smiles and shrugs
[10:20] Rose Springvale: not sure about the formalities here... do i reply or no?
[10:20] Soro Dagostino: Rose
[10:21] Soro Dagostino: You have the floor.
[10:21] Rose Springvale: First, while it may seem more simple that way Gwyneth, it actually only complicates things,
[10:21] Rose Springvale: changes of EO are transfers of sims for LL purposes
[10:21] Rose Springvale: needless cost
[10:22] Rose Springvale: so while i am i'm sure sudane are flattered in your confidence
[10:22] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Aha. True.
[10:22] Rose Springvale: i think it better to deal with the substantive issues and not worry about those details
[10:22] Jamie Palisades: ((onbe pays a chunk of money to LL for each EO transfer))
[10:22] Rose Springvale: okay?
[10:22] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, yes, I forgot about that...
[10:22] Soro Dagostino: Any more comments?
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So the third scenario is, we "flash" LL a ready-made not-for-profit on Sudane's behalf? ;)
[10:23] Soro Dagostino: Questions?
[10:23] Jamie Palisades: Mr LRA with 7 minuts left I will suggest that I briefly provide the REST of the points, then we see if more questions arise
[10:23] Soro Dagostino: Yes Jamie.
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn *shrugs*
[10:23] Jamie Palisades: *Gwyn, ask me later)
[10:23] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Right, I will :D
[10:24] Jamie Palisades: to finish up on the AA deal possibility:
[10:24] Soro Dagostino: Type fast Jamie
[10:24] Soro Dagostino: :)
[10:24] Jamie Palisades: 2. AA has four "homestead" voids. Albaycin, Sacramonte, Garnata and Almunecar. Each has a break-even tenant (though one is being paid by donations). Those tenants all would be willing to work with us on terraforming to serve as the "transition" simes between the main two AA sims and the body of CDS. The Guild;'s old GMP and more recent proposed amendments so not yet officially "siet" AA somewhere, but the principles make it clear that there should be some visual and topologic transition between themes -- consider how our Alpine Meadows sim helps the Alpine NFS theme flow into CN. Over on the other (North and East) sidea of CN we have city walls; to the West of LA we have water; to there are multiple options for transition.
[10:25] Jamie Palisades: AA wants us to take on the rented break-even sims as a condition to the deal. If we have the right to reposition and gently modify terraforming on them, I think we should, solving both our transition issue ... and the plan we were disussing to buy some voids ANYWAY to improve the scenic flow.
[10:25] Jamie Palisades: 3. The position of AA on the CDS map is an issue. Some GUild folks spontanrously suggested that we plunk AA down several sims to the West on the other side of a new Ocean, with noncontiguous land. That did not go over well in AA; I think they want to be PART of our community if they are here, which includes being ably to easily traverse from theme to theme.
[10:25] Moon Adamant raises her hand
[10:26] Soro Dagostino: Wait please
[10:26] Jamie Palisades: :) almost done
[10:26] Jamie Palisades: I would like to invite the Guild .. with a time deadline .. to take available data, including such land data as AA has (which I am not sure includes RAW fiels, but can be modelled from tools applied to the land) to suggest at least TWO positions for the 2 main sims and four voids, on land continguous to our current land mass. If the deadlines passes, I propose to commission for the work to be done instead.
[10:26] Jamie Palisades: finally,
[10:27] Jamie Palisades: 4. , as to politics, you saw my suggestions about bringing AA into the current RA/citizenship structure, market stalls and all, in my last report. After some thought, and chats, I believe that the AA folks find those proposals acceptable, So I don't have anything to add there.
[10:27] Jamie Palisades: thanks.
[10:27] Soro Dagostino: Moon you have the floor.
[10:27] Jamie Palisades: summary - yes, the voids are in the deal; we need to find a map position; and yes, AA would be part of CDS, not re-do anythign constitutuional
[10:27] Moon Adamant: Thank you
[10:28] Long Range: Conny Halsey [47m]
[10:28] Moon Adamant: The Guild has constityued a workgroup to deal with the formulation of our General Master Plan
[10:28] Moon Adamant: in order to encompass several subjects
[10:28] Moon Adamant: of which the location of AA aas regards the overall CDS territory is one.
[10:29] Moon Adamant: Sadly, the process has been a bit rough
[10:29] Soro Dagostino: The result?
[10:29] Moon Adamant: and atm, the WG has decided not to contemplate the AA territory into the plan
[10:29] Soro Dagostino: Time is approaching.
[10:29] Moon Adamant: I ask the RA now
[10:29] Moon Adamant: and teh Chacellor
[10:30] Moon Adamant: if this is a formal request to teh workgroup to re-include AA in our study
[10:30] Moon Adamant: thank you
[10:30] Soro Dagostino: Jamie?
[10:30] Jamie Palisades: I suggest 30 days: [10:26] Jamie Palisades: I would like to invite the Guild .. with a time deadline .. to take available data, including such land data as AA has (which I am not sure includes RAW fiels, but can be modelled from tools applied to the land) to suggest at least TWO positions for the 2 main sims and four voids, on land continguous to our current land mass
[10:30] Pip Torok: moon when you say not are yo meaning "never"?
[10:31] Jamie Palisades: and let me ask both Moon and Rose if that is sensible?
[10:31] Moon Adamant: Pip, for the moment being
[10:31] Soro Dagostino: I have a comment
[10:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn has a positive comment too :)
[10:31] Jamie Palisades: (Pip, she just meant that the Guild voted not to officially find a place for AA YET)
[10:31] Pip Torok: understood
[10:31] Jamie Palisades: (they were waiting for RA i think, thus this meeting)
[10:31] Moon Adamant: i would gladly, as chair of that wg, have a formal request for re-introducing the AA question
[10:32] Sonja Strom: I think if the citizens of AA want to join with the CDS, they will want to work together with us on how to plan.
[10:32] Soro Dagostino: It seems to me, that keeping AA away from CDS is a deal breaker.
[10:32] Moon Adamant: uh, Sonja, by representation, i hope
[10:32] Jamie Palisades nods at Soro
[10:32] Rose Springvale: when it's my turn
[10:32] Rose Springvale: i'll reply
[10:32] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:32] Soro Dagostino: Rose
[10:33] Rose Springvale: thanks.
[10:33] Sonja Strom: If they don't want to work together with us on it, then that is their decision to make.
[10:33] Rose Springvale: Al Andalus is ready, willing and able to work with CDS.
[10:33] Pip Torok: but do we know that for a fact?
[10:33] Rose Springvale: the sooner the better
[10:33] Rose Springvale: yes we do Pip
[10:33] Soro Dagostino: Thank you Rose.
[10:34] Pip Torok: (my Q was directed to sonja for the record:)
[10:34] Moon Adamant: can i ask you then if tyou would officially represent AA in the GMP workgroup, then, Rose?
[10:34] Soro Dagostino: Is it the consensus of house to adopt the suggestion of Jamie on planning out 30 days?
[10:34] Rose Springvale: and yes, all estate owners have raw files. Yes of course moon, but not thursdays at 1 pm :(
[10:34] Pip Torok: i would consent ...
[10:35] Soro Dagostino: I think that is an issue that is not on the floor.
[10:35] Soro Dagostino: Set it out 30 days for study?
[10:35] Moon Adamant: a bit tight, but i think the Wg can make it
[10:35] Sonja Strom: The AA sims could join together with the CDS right now, and then the planning issues could be considered together as a community.
[10:36] Jamie Palisades: Rose? 30 days fast enough? Moon? 30 days or we go outside Guild? Works for me.
[10:36] Moon Adamant: er no Sonja, i object to that
[10:36] Rose Springvale: 30 days stretches me
[10:36] Rose Springvale: as too long. but i'm okay
[10:36] Soro Dagostino: 45?
[10:36] Rose Springvale: no 15 :)
[10:36] Sonja Strom: I am not saying it would have to be that way, but it could be.
[10:36] Moon Adamant: the GMP is a framework and all adittions to the territory must be made in accordance to it
[10:36] Soro Dagostino: Oh! kk
[10:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: My only comment was really to congratulate the Chancellor's proposal — politically, I totally agree with it, although I understand there will be some technical issues (for the Guild) and financial ones (for the treasury). But politically, aye, this was the kind of proposal this noble and august house has been expecting, and I thank the Chancellor for it :)
[10:36] Jamie Palisades: well, rose if 15-20 days in there is no action, I will start to take steps so we get an answer in 30 days either way, then..
[10:37] Soro Dagostino: Is it the consensus to move it to committee?
[10:37] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes on the technical issues, Soro
[10:37] Sonja Strom: But Moon, right now AA does not fit into the GMP framework at all.
[10:37] Pip Torok: yes as far as im concerned
[10:37] Soro Dagostino: Hold please . . .
[10:37] Moon Adamant: that's why we are studying it
[10:37] Soro Dagostino: That goes to the committee.
[10:37] Jamie Palisades looks around at the noble and august murals ,, and the clock
[10:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[10:38] Soro Dagostino: That is the order of the chair -- unless you oppose.
[10:38] Jamie Palisades: and they bring back two options on continguous land to the RA - and AA :)
[10:38] Soro Dagostino: Included.
[10:38] Soro Dagostino: Monastery
[10:38] Pip Torok breathes sigh of relief
[10:39] Soro Dagostino: Proposal?
[10:39] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Clarification — are we talking about the current Guild Workgroup on the GMP, or a new Committee (from the RA) to study the AA/CDS merger?
[10:39] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah sorry, Soro
[10:39] Soro Dagostino: Jamie?

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Re: RA meeting 19 April 2009 TRANSCRIPT (two parts)

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Soro Dagostino:I think it is in Jamies proposal
Jamie Palisades:i thought (per my text aboev) we were asking guild to propose two locations, with certain constraints, to be brought back here in four weeks
Gwyneth Llewelyn:Ok, Jamie, that's clear then. thank you :)
Soro Dagostino:As to AA/CDS.
Soro Dagostino:Moving to Monastery
Soro Dagostino:Proposal?
Jamie Palisades::)
Jamie Palisades:shorter, happily
Jamie Palisades:let me just lead off by sharing with you this correspondence from the proposers.
Jamie Palisades:Dear Mr. Chancellor,
As Curator of the Monastery, I confirm you my interest in the opening of a homestead sim to install the Monastery. I confirm also that the selling of the current Monastery plot in Alpine Meadow can be used to finance this project. Doing that, I don't have to buy the plot for the Monastery on the new sim, but only pay fees like now. The plot of the Monastery on the new sim will have almost the same number of prims than on the current sim (1404). 6 other plots of 234 prims will be available for sale and future owners will get the CDS citizenship. The rest of prims will be used for landscape, infrastructure and also as public reserve for special projects, like exhibitions or events. Their use is managed by the executif branch of CDS.

The Curator of the Monastery and the CDS have to make an agreement about the way the current plot of the Monastery on Alpine Meadow will be set for sale. I would suggest an exchange of land, as the CDS maybe intends to redesign the plot of Alpine Meadow

Jamie Palisades:... Monastery on Alpine Meadow will be set for sale. I would suggest an exchange of land, as the CDS maybe intends to redesign the plot of Alpine Meadow and to transform it in several small plots.

I also confirm that I am ready to pay the fees (based on CDS average prim price) of the 6 other plots for 4 months since the opening of the new sim, if they don't have an owner in this period of time. I will pay them at my own expense and not with the money of Virtus.

My proposal for fees on the new sim is here (based on prim price)
Jamie Palisades:...My offer is valid if:
- the new sim is an homestead sim
- the new sim is situated south to Locus Amoenus and west to Alpine Meadow. I have already contacted people working on GMP in order to make the proposal compatible.[
- the name of the new sim includes the term Monastery. As definitive name, I suggest "Second Monastery"
Arria Perreault
Curator of the Monastery
Alpine Meadow, April 6th 2009

Jamie Palisades:---
Jamie Palisades:done
Soro Dagostino:Any discussion?
Jamie Palisades:I propose, essentially, that we accept. To be specific:
Jamie Palisades:1. CDS would buy the homestead sim, south to Locus Amoenus. On our account, but knowing that we have a tenant guarantee already lined up.
2. Double prim land with 7 seven plots, using the design that has been posted for some time now.

Jamie Palisades:Exact covenant to be written, but fairly close to the spirit of the AM covenant.
3. Virtus will do the terraforming and amenities for us, subject to our usual government signoffs, without cost. CDS will carry one month of tier without tenant rent.

Jamie Palisades:4. CDS will swap the current (AM) Monastery land for the new plot, and CDS will sell the old Monastery land on AM. We will seek consultation with Guild for 30 days on whether to re-zone that AM plot.
Jamie Palisades:...
Jamie Palisades:.. and done, except to note that I believethat the Monastery and AA proposals shouel not be done at different times.
Jamie Palisades:s a courtesy to both of our long-suffering proposers.
Pip Torok:i second jamies proposal
Soro Dagostino:So you want a postponement for 30 days?
Rose Springvale:/me raises hand
Soro Dagostino:Referral to the Guild for consulatation?
Soro Dagostino:Rose.
Jamie Palisades:i think we shoujld giveb Arria the couresty of a statement of intent now, but yes Soro.
Moon Adamant:ready if needed
Soro Dagostino:Pip -- you are the member of the RA
Soro Dagostino:Jamie cannnot make motions.
Pip Torok:understood
Jamie Palisades:/me nods
Rose Springvale:/me waits :)
Soro Dagostino:Is it the consesus of the house to move the proposal to the committee for consulatation?
Soro Dagostino:Wait . . . sorry -- Rose?
Sonja Strom:I am in favour of the proposal.
Pip Torok:it is
Gwyneth Llewelyn:(the committee being the Guild Workgroup, right? )
Rose Springvale:actually, that's better. wanted to comment on homesteads
Gwyneth Llewelyn:If so, yes, I vote aye
Jamie Palisades:/me mulls this over - I think Guild already has done their job on this one, but ask them)
Pip Torok:aye
Rose Springvale:ah, if that's the case, i've a coment
Soro Dagostino:Yes Rose.
Rose Springvale:As you all know, homestead sims have 1/4 of the prims of a regular sim
Rose Springvale:they also have a 20 avatar limit
Rose Springvale:and will eventually have script limits
Soro Dagostino:Hmmmm, that might be changed.
Rose Springvale:in June, the tier cost for homesteads increases from 95 to 125, which arria has accounted for
Rose Springvale:i dont' think so
Rose Springvale:but what i wanted to say
Rose Springvale:is this... i've had occasion this week to hold what we expected to be a minor event on a homestead sim
Rose Springvale:and had avatars get that nasty "region full " message
Jamie Palisades:this was Xinoxi's new AA Library?
Arria Perreault:can I answer?
Rose Springvale:I'm of the opinion that this project, and CDS, would be better served by placing it on a full prim sim
Rose Springvale:yes
Pip Torok:it was
Soro Dagostino:Arria
Jamie Palisades:/me raises hand but AFTER Arria and Rose
Moon Adamant:raises hand fater Jamie
Moon Adamant:after* .)
Arria Perreault:ty
Arria Perreault:about events first: the Monastery doesnt organise many events and works with regular traffic. I know the limits of a homestead.
Arria Perreault:about fees: I know also that fact. Jamie asked me to calculate rates on the basis of the CDS average prims-price
Arria Perreault:that's what I did
Rose Springvale:/me raises hand again :)
Arria Perreault:I have also set another price in my spreadsheet
Soro Dagostino:Thank you Arria --
Arria Perreault:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key
Soro Dagostino:Rose.
Arria Perreault:so we can have a balance
Soro Dagostino:Time folk . . .
Arria Perreault:I have a last remark about homestead
Soro Dagostino:Brief?
Arria Perreault:they have to be seen in the GMP
Moon Adamant:/me raises hand again
Arria Perreault:I have shown last year thhat CDS can finance some homestead in the GMP
Soro Dagostino:Time
Soro Dagostino:Rose
Arria Perreault:done
Rose Springvale:i'm not questioning calculations at all.. only that i think, given costs.,. CDS would be better served by having that sim be afull sim.. it is strategically located between two full prim high uses sims. even if CDS keps the extras as public
Arria Perreault:all is in the forums
Soro Dagostino:Can that be discussed in committee?
Soro Dagostino:Jamie?
Jamie Palisades:I was in queue but maybe we take this to guild for the 30 days?
Soro Dagostino:Then Moon.
Moon Adamant:i would like nevertheless to make a technical remark for teh record
Soro Dagostino:Be brief
Moon Adamant:ok
Jamie Palisades:then I'll put my question our, maybe for later resolution.
Moon Adamant:The Guild is aware of the Monastery proposal in all its detail
Moon Adamant:as To Rose's objection
Moon Adamant:i would like to comment
Moon Adamant:that in a consolidated, organized territory
Soro Dagostino:It can be done during the committee discussions?
Moon Adamant:not all sims need necessarily tio have exact characteristics
Soro Dagostino:We are off topic.
Moon Adamant:for instance, AM was planned without a public gathering space
Moon Adamant:no, we aren't
Soro Dagostino:The issue is to go to committee
Soro Dagostino:That is what was asked.
Jamie Palisades:/me nods. Soro, I'll save mine for a Guild posting -- but plan to back here for resolution in 30 days regardless.
Moon Adamant:/me bows and shuts up
Soro Dagostino:Thank you.
Soro Dagostino:That ends the Agenda .
Soro Dagostino:Motion to Adjourn?
Rose Springvale:excetp.. ahem
Rose Springvale:noooooo
Rose Springvale:lol
Jamie Palisades:what? anouncements?
Sonja Strom:lol
Rose Springvale:as i stated in the beginning!
Soro Dagostino:Ahhhh -- ok Rose.
Rose Springvale:smile
Soro Dagostino:Sorry.
Rose Springvale:Two GREAT things coming up
Rose Springvale:NEXT week, on Sunday, the To Limani greek project opens in LA
Gwyneth Llewelyn::)
Moon Adamant:yay :)
Rose Springvale:That group has a full day of live music planned
Rose Springvale:and i want to encourage everyone to go support it. they've worked very hard, and its gorgeous!
Rose Springvale:Second!
Rose Springvale:on April 30, there will be a Queens day celebration in AM
Jamie Palisades:Ahem - Queen's Birthday?
Jamie Palisades::D
Gwyneth Llewelyn:A Queens day?....
Rose Springvale:sponsoreed by Rudo, Ria, Naftali
Gwyneth Llewelyn:/me *scratches head*
Rose Springvale:for the netherlands
Gwyneth Llewelyn:AH :D
Arria Perreault:which Queen?
Moon Adamant:ahhhh
Gwyneth Llewelyn:hehe
Rose Springvale:as part of that
Jamie Palisades:Queen of the Nederlands
Rose Springvale:they wil have a "flea market"
Jamie Palisades:not Queen of Pundits, dear, sorry
Rose Springvale:so you can sell old things on tables on the streets of LA
Gwyneth Llewelyn:Don't tell me Her Majesty created an avatar...
Rose Springvale:smile
Rose Springvale:w/e
Gwyneth Llewelyn:/me smiles @ Jamie
Rose Springvale:its music and drinking the way i've got it lol
Soro Dagostino:Is there more Rose?
Rose Springvale:i've a poster here, i'll rez, but again please support
Jamie Palisades:well Nafi told me she'd invite HRH Juliana; we'll see :D
Rose Springvale:and one last thing
Soro Dagostino:Yes.
Sonja Strom:What about ThePrincess?
Gwyneth Llewelyn:Sonja !!!!
Jamie Palisades:Beatrix? :D
Rose Springvale:Today is the last day of the Al Andalus Feria, and we've set up a welcome tent for the CDS
Moon Adamant: :D
Soro Dagostino:Rose?
Rose Springvale:so please join us if you can for horses, bull riding, flamenco, and fireworks :)
Rose Springvale:yes?
Soro Dagostino:Done?
Rose Springvale:now i am, yes, thanks
Soro Dagostino:A motion to adjourn is in order.
Gwyneth Llewelyn:I second that...
Pip Torok:the queen is Juliana btw jamie (not the present one!)
Soro Dagostino:Is there is a second?
Jamie Palisades:/me smiles
Soro Dagostino:Pip?
Pip Torok:seconded
Soro Dagostino:All in favor?
Pip Torok:aye
Gwyneth Llewelyn:aye
Soro Dagostino:aye
Sonja Strom:aye
Soro Dagostino:We are adjourned.

Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”