GMP WG meeting 30th April 2009 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

GMP WG meeting 30th April 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[13:29] Moon Adamant: let's start
[13:29] Moon Adamant: thanks all for coming
[13:30] Moon Adamant: as you know, this meeting is going to be recorded from now on
[13:30] Moon Adamant: and later transcripted into our forums
[13:30] Sonja Strom: uh oh
[13:30] Sonja Strom: lol
[13:30] Moon Adamant: ok, back against the trees
[13:30] Moon Adamant: we have the GMP as it stands at the moment
[13:31] Moon Adamant: but we're here today to prepare these detail plans
[13:31] Moon Adamant: for the insertion of Al-Andalus
[13:31] Moon Adamant: or joining, better
[13:31] Moon Adamant: with our territory
[13:31] Moon Adamant: bear with me for a bit
[13:31] Moon Adamant: Al-andalus is composed by 6 sims
[13:32] Moon Adamant: Alhambra and Generalife are full sims
[13:32] Moon Adamant: the other four are homesteads
[13:32] Moon Adamant: Albayacin contains a nature preserve - a project by delia's
[13:32] Moon Adamant: Al garnata contains a roman library and another arab building
[13:33] Moon Adamant: the other two Sacromonte and Almunecar
[13:33] Moon Adamant: are a bit undeveloped
[13:33] Moon Adamant: specially Almunecar
[13:33] Moon Adamant: now
[13:33] Moon Adamant: what is important hhere
[13:33] Moon Adamant: is that the sims with exception of almunecar make a coherent territory
[13:34] Moon Adamant: and taht's why you see those 5 sims always in the same relative positions
[13:34] Moon Adamant: almunecar is fully terraformable
[13:34] Moon Adamant: depending on the proposal, it is also placed differently
[13:35] Moon Adamant: it is also possible that Almunecar is used to upgrade one of teh other homesteads to a full sim
[13:35] Moon Adamant: ok, so let's look at the proposals
[13:35] Moon Adamant: any question till now?
[13:35] Moon Adamant looks for typing hands
[13:35] Moon Adamant: ok...
[13:35] Moon Adamant: so
[13:36] Sonja Strom: How were these proposals arrived at?
[13:36] Moon Adamant: by moving the maps :)
[13:36] Moon Adamant: it's a great planning tool
[13:36] Sonja Strom: ok
[13:36] Moon Adamant: we have considered in all of them
[13:37] Moon Adamant: that Al Garnata is a transition sim
[13:37] Moon Adamant: since it has teh roman library
[13:37] Moon Adamant: so, it is the 'hinge' of the junction
[13:37] Moon Adamant: since Al Garnata is continuous with Alhambra and the rest of the territory
[13:37] Moon Adamant: it was quite easy to reach these three proposals
[13:38] Moon Adamant: ok
[13:38] Moon Adamant: so what is happening....
[13:38] Moon Adamant: in Proposal 1
[13:38] Moon Adamant: Al Garnata and Almunecar become transition sims
[13:38] Moon Adamant: between the roman cluster and teh arab cluster
[13:39] Moon Adamant: the arab cluster can expand northwards and eastwards
[13:39] Moon Adamant: and teh roman cluster becomes a one-sim band
[13:39] Moon Adamant: to note:
[13:39] Moon Adamant: this proposal will need
[13:39] Moon Adamant: that the pelagic sim next to Alhambra
[13:39] Moon Adamant: provides it with a coastal line
[13:40] Moon Adamant: that's the green half cylinder in top of the sim
[13:40] Moon Adamant: the connection between the clusters
[13:40] Moon Adamant: will be done by via decumanum
[13:41] Sonja Strom: decumanum?
[13:41] Moon Adamant: that will extend into almunecar and connect to Al-garnata, and from there with the arab village in Alhambra
[13:41] Moon Adamant: the N-S main road in Colonia Nova
[13:41] Sonja Strom: ok
[13:42] Moon Adamant: on proposal 2
[13:42] Moon Adamant: Al Garnata is placed directly above CN
[13:42] Moon Adamant: the decumanum will also extend and link there
[13:42] Moon Adamant: this proposal needs
[13:43] Moon Adamant: that Almunecar is placed to make the sea shore of Alhambra
[13:43] Moon Adamant: and needs another transitional sim between Almunecar and Locus anoenus
[13:43] Moon Adamant: Amoenus*
[13:44] Timo Gufler: is Al Garnata also going to be a transitional sim in this case?
[13:44] Moon Adamant: The directions of expansion remain teh same
[13:44] Moon Adamant: yes, always
[13:44] Moon Adamant: Al Garnata will need a bit of terraforming
[13:44] Timo Gufler: what kind of them would it have?
[13:44] Rose Springvale: hi kids
[13:44] Moon Adamant: but only to fix borders
[13:44] Timo Gufler: hi Rose
[13:44] Sonja Strom: hi Rose!
[13:44] Moon Adamant: Hi Rosie :)
[13:44] Moon Adamant: have a seat :)
[13:44] Rose Springvale: thanks
[13:45] Rose Springvale: try not to be blinded by the fishnets :)
[13:45] Moon Adamant: i was in middle of explanation of the three proposals
[13:45] Sonja Strom: wowa, Miss Orange!
[13:45] Sonja Strom: lol
[13:45] Rose Springvale: not here to slow you down
[13:45] Rose Springvale: :)
[13:45] Moon Adamant: and sorry, Timo, i didn't get your question
[13:45] Timo Gufler: np :)
[13:46] Jamie Palisades: :)
[13:46] Moon Adamant: ok...
[13:46] Moon Adamant: 3rd proposal
[13:46] Moon Adamant: Al Garnata is placed directly East to Colonia Nova
[13:46] Moon Adamant: now the connection is made via cardo
[13:47] Moon Adamant: which extends into Al Garnata
[13:47] Moon Adamant: now
[13:47] Moon Adamant: this proposal
[13:47] Moon Adamant: doesn't really 'need' almunecar
[13:47] Moon Adamant: at the palce it is
[13:48] Moon Adamant: it can be moved to be the transition sim next to alhambra
[13:48] Moon Adamant: another interesting point
[13:48] Moon Adamant: is that the roman cluster
[13:48] Moon Adamant: becomes an L
[13:48] Moon Adamant: and starts to expand north
[13:49] Moon Adamant: i find this interesting
[13:49] Moon Adamant: because if it borders the pelagic band
[13:49] Moon Adamant: the pelagic band itself can correlate with a future nea Hora cluster in teh ocean
[13:49] Moon Adamant: and then we would have a smooth transition between roman and greek again
[13:50] Moon Adamant: the arab cluster continues to be able to expand northwards and eastwards
[13:50] Moon Adamant: and that«s it
[13:50] Moon Adamant: comments! :)
[13:50] Sonja Strom: Thank you Moon!
[13:50] Sonja Strom: Good work :-)
[13:50] Rose Springvale: smle
[13:50] Moon Adamant: ehehe, thanks to Rose who helped a good deal
[13:50] Rose Springvale: and good toys
[13:50] Rose Springvale: :)
[13:51] Sonja Strom: I would like to share my view.
[13:51] Moon Adamant: namely with establishing possibilities of terraforming and completely new suggestions :)
[13:51] Moon Adamant: ok, go for it Sonja :)
[13:51] Sonja Strom: I like suggestion 3, and think it is really clever.
[13:52] Sonja Strom: There is one change I would like to make to it though,
[13:52] Sonja Strom: which has to do with the way Al Garnata would connect with Colonia Nova.
[13:52] Moon Adamant: yes?
[13:52] Sonja Strom: I think it would work really well to move Al Garnata to where Almunecar is in this plan, and vice versa.
[13:53] Sonja Strom: Then Almunecar could be a connection between CN and AG.
[13:53] Sonja Strom: It looks to me like that would work really well.
[13:53] Rose Springvale: have you seen Garnata?
[13:53] Sonja Strom: yes, I think so
[13:53] Rose Springvale: with the roman libraries?
[13:53] Sonja Strom: yes
[13:54] Rose Springvale: i don't want you to count too much on having the empty sim.. because i really think we should upgrade them. but i'll be quiet. One of the reasons for adding the library sim was to transition here though
[13:54] Rose Springvale: it actually fits with CN better than A
[13:54] Rose Springvale: AA
[13:55] Sonja Strom: Almunecar could allow the river to open up with a mouth, and allow that to flow to Al Garnata.
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: well, for the plan to work, one need not count on having THAT sim, but only that there is a good PLACE for a sim, no?
[13:55] Moon Adamant: but mind you that Al Garnata also allows that
[13:55] Moon Adamant: we can terraform al Garnata, except where the buildings are placed
[13:55] Jamie Palisades: Moon,may i ask a process question?
[13:55] Sonja Strom: There might be a little bit of difficulty getting the AG road to connect well with Generalife, but I think it could be done in a way that would work.
[13:56] Moon Adamant: Jamie, after Sonja
[13:56] Jamie Palisades nods
[13:56] Sonja Strom: Moon, we could to that too -- yes.
[13:56] Sonja Strom: I mean, terraform Al Garnata so it would flow naturally to connect with Colonia Nova.
[13:57] Moon Adamant: yup, that's the idea
[13:57] Sonja Strom: ok
[13:57] Moon Adamant: it's a bit confusing atm
[13:57] Moon Adamant: because you do get very keenly the idea of relief
[13:58] Moon Adamant: and underwater relief too, for that matter
[13:58] Sonja Strom: Just to let you know, I personally don't like #1 and #2 so much, but it is interesting to see what they offer as options.
[13:58] Moon Adamant: but the plan is
[13:58] Moon Adamant: in all proposals
[13:58] Moon Adamant: to terraform AG as we need
[13:58] Moon Adamant: ok, we value your opinion
[13:58] Timo Gufler: I like #3 because it makes CDS wider in W-E direction
[13:58] Moon Adamant: i must say i also prefer #3
[13:58] Rose Springvale: smile
[13:59] Marion Diabolito: your system and the process are fascinating
[13:59] Moon Adamant: but it's not for us to express a preference
[13:59] Sonja Strom: Hi Cindy
[13:59] Marion Diabolito: off to a 2 pm _Nature_ thing
[13:59] Sonja Strom: ok Marion
[13:59] Sonja Strom: thanks for being here with us
[13:59] Moon Adamant: eheheh marion, join the CDS and you can participate in full in the planning process
[13:59] Marion Diabolito: 2nd Life behind the curtain
[13:59] Timo Gufler: hi Cindy
[13:59] Marion Diabolito: i am a "Friend of the CDS"
[13:59] Moon Adamant: bye Marion, have fun! :9
[13:59] Marion Diabolito: is that the same thing?
[13:59] Marion Diabolito: :)
[13:59] Cindy Ecksol: hi all!
[13:59] Moon Adamant: hi Cindy :)
[13:59] Rose Springvale: marion, i have land for you :)
[13:59] Sonja Strom: You could become a citizen.
[14:00] Rose Springvale: call me when you are free, you can get the inside scoop :)
[14:00] Jamie Palisades smiles
[14:00] Marion Diabolito: should i look all this up on the forum, rose and sonja?
[14:00] Sonja Strom: You should be able to follow it there,
[14:00] Marion Diabolito: tx rose that answers my questions :)
[14:00] Sonja Strom: if it interests you :-)
[14:00] Marion Diabolito: cyall later
[14:00] Rose Springvale: you certainly can, but easier to have someone to help :)
[14:00] Sonja Strom: bye Marion
[14:00] Rose Springvale: thank you :)
[14:00] Marion Diabolito: Democracy is one of my biggies, like science
[14:00] Marion Diabolito: :)
[14:00] Rose Springvale: (friends :) )
[14:00] Timo Gufler: see you marion
[14:00] Moon Adamant: ehehe i would like to have a science project in the CDS :)
[14:01] Sonja Strom: Great outfit Cindy
[14:01] Jamie Palisades folds hands in lap, then re-folds them
[14:01] Cindy Ecksol: thx! monarch butterfly....seemed appropriate for Queensday :-)
[14:01] Sonja Strom: Rose, I am interested in what you think about these proposals.
[14:01] Moon Adamant: ok Jamie, your turn
[14:01] Sonja Strom: :-)
[14:01] Moon Adamant: Jamie first lol
[14:01] Sonja Strom: oh, sorry, go ahead Jamie
[14:01] Jamie Palisades: np
[14:01] Moon Adamant: he's already twitching ;)
[14:01] Jamie Palisades: just my process question
[14:01] Jamie Palisades: here's what I *guessed* would happen
[14:02] Jamie Palisades: Guild workgroup looks at options
[14:02] Jamie Palisades: pronounces all feasible
[14:02] Jamie Palisades: or maybe only some, shrug
[14:02] Jamie Palisades: then we go to AA with it
[14:03] Jamie Palisades: is that, in fact, the plan? when does the workgroup or guild think it;s arrived at the goal? and how will we know?
[14:03] Jamie Palisades: :)
[14:03] Moon Adamant: well
[14:03] Moon Adamant: here's my view of the thing
[14:03] Moon Adamant: ehehehe
[14:03] Moon Adamant: i thought that we'd vote to see if we can approve the proposals
[14:03] Moon Adamant: send the,m to you and RA
[14:03] Moon Adamant: and let you do your things :)
[14:04] Moon Adamant: from the part of AA
[14:04] Moon Adamant: i believe
[14:04] Moon Adamant: these proposals are fully acceptable
[14:04] Rose Springvale: wait
[14:04] Moon Adamant: and now i pass the table to Rose
[14:04] Rose Springvale: these proposals have NOT been reviewed by the AA community
[14:04] Rose Springvale: i'm no more AA than Moon is CDS
[14:04] Moon Adamant: aaah
[14:05] Moon Adamant: well, you're the Sultana :P
[14:05] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: eh? Moon's not CDS?
[14:05] Rose Springvale: smile
[14:05] Sonja Strom: :-)
[14:05] Moon Adamant: i am not the Sultana :D
[14:05] Rose Springvale: the community is a democracy though
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: damn
[14:05] Cindy Ecksol: perhaps we could say that these proposals are all acceptable to the Guild?
[14:05] Rose Springvale: smile, we can make her one... hehe
[14:05] Cindy Ecksol: assuming we vote on that
[14:05] Jamie Palisades: :) me visually tries to put turban on Moon's head
[14:05] Moon Adamant: that's what we can say, yes
[14:05] Rose Springvale: I believe i can sell any of these to the communigy
[14:05] Rose Springvale: i think each has merit, and some problems
[14:05] Moon Adamant: and what i would like to get with this meeting
[14:05] Cindy Ecksol: ok, so then perhaps the next step would be to have Rose call an AA meeting over here to look at them
[14:06] Rose Springvale: no
[14:06] Moon Adamant: a yes or no for teh proposals
[14:06] Rose Springvale: we'll have one in AA
[14:06] Cindy Ecksol: no?
[14:06] Rose Springvale: smile
[14:06] Cindy Ecksol: ah, ok...:-)
[14:06] Rose Springvale: but you have to remember i have some people who ARE resistant to the idea
[14:06] Jamie Palisades: hmm - rose would that be facilitated by the props? or not?
[14:06] Cindy Ecksol: I keep forgetting it's not like RL where the exhibits stay where they are :-)
[14:06] Moon Adamant: I'll pass you a copy of teh maps later on then Rose
[14:06] Rose Springvale: and so need more concrete proposals .. I think moon will yes.
[14:06] Moon Adamant: though you could bring them here lol
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: rose, how you decide to take opinions or run meetings is up to you
[14:07] Rose Springvale: smile
[14:07] Rose Springvale: thanks
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: it seems to me that if CDS makes an offer to AA
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: at some point
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: we probaly should get the folks together for Q&A
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: seems civil
[14:07] Rose Springvale: indeed
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: but i have to defer to you on whether that's how AA works
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: for example
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: here in CDS
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: we have some politicans
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: who are very
[14:07] Jamie Palisades: vetry
[14:08] Jamie Palisades: resistant to referenda :D
[14:08] Rose Springvale: lol
[14:08] Jamie Palisades: :D
[14:08] Rose Springvale: i'd like to be able to tell the people in AA a story, and i'd like it to be cohesive. i've been telling them for months.. talks are ongoing. You all know i hae some problem children
[14:09] Rose Springvale: and i'd like to be able to assuage as much anxiety as i can with fact
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: ok ...
[14:09] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: would your approach to them be better
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: if yo have 1
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: or 3
[14:09] Jamie Palisades: options?
[14:09] Rose Springvale: 3
[14:09] Rose Springvale: they need to feel that their opinion matters too
[14:09] Rose Springvale: unless of course
[14:09] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:09] Rose Springvale: cds is only interested in one
[14:10] Moon Adamant: well, i think that the decision on the final proposal will have to be a political one
[14:10] Moon Adamant: specially as it also must converge with the interests of teh AA community
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: honestly? I think it's all just personal preferences
[14:10] Moon Adamant: but we are here today to say
[14:10] Rose Springvale: the thing to remember is that it is not just land. It IS a community
[14:10] Moon Adamant: 1. if teh proposals are feasible
[14:10] Jamie Palisades: any of them might work
[14:10] Moon Adamant: 2. eventually to indicate a moderate preference
[14:11] Jamie Palisades: and any of them might attract irrational dislikes :D
[14:11] Moon Adamant: based on technical thingies
[14:11] Moon Adamant: oh yes
[14:11] Moon Adamant: but then what can't? :)
[14:11] Rose Springvale: that's reasonable
[14:12] Moon Adamant: ok, Timo... comments?
[14:12] Moon Adamant: and Cindy?
[14:12] Cindy Ecksol: I'm ok with any of the three proposals.
[14:12] Cindy Ecksol: I think the key is, as Jmaie and Rose are saying, process.
[14:13] Timo Gufler: as I said I like most #3 because it makes CDS wide
[14:13] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:13] Moon Adamant: then
[14:13] Cindy Ecksol: we need to give AA something to look at, options
[14:13] Moon Adamant: to comply at least with our part of the process
[14:13] Cindy Ecksol: let Rose help them come to consensus
[14:13] Moon Adamant: i am going to call a vote
[14:13] Moon Adamant: on the feasibility of the proposals
[14:14] Moon Adamant: if you think the 3 proposals are feasible, please say Aye
[14:14] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[14:14] Jamie Palisades: aye
[14:14] Timo Gufler: aye
[14:15] Moon Adamant: Sonja and Rose?
[14:15] Rose Springvale: i'm abstaining, sorry
[14:15] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:15] Sonja Strom: aye
[14:15] Moon Adamant: and aye as well
[14:15] Moon Adamant: thanks
[14:16] Moon Adamant: this will allow us to send these proposals immediately to RA and Exec
[14:16] Moon Adamant: and to AA
[14:16] Sonja Strom: with the understanding some changes would need to be made to existing sims.
[14:16] Jamie Palisades: :) yup
[14:16] Moon Adamant: yes, of course
[14:16] Sonja Strom: ok
[14:16] Timo Gufler: yes
[14:16] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:16] Cindy Ecksol: ummmm.....is it time to send to RA yet? or do we need AA to look first?
[14:16] Jamie Palisades: thanks so much, to all of you.
[14:16] Moon Adamant: i now move
[14:16] Moon Adamant: oh cindy
[14:16] Rose Springvale: proces cindy :)
[14:17] Moon Adamant: we could send the three of them to RA
[14:17] Jamie Palisades: Cindy, I think we can show them and should but the need to be ready to hold their breath to get feedback from both sides
[14:17] Cindy Ecksol nods
[14:17] Moon Adamant: and let RA organise the liasion pprocess
[14:17] Cindy Ecksol: yes, that sounds better :-)
[14:17] Jamie Palisades: it;s too early to ask them to choose one, but not to early to show them, I think
[14:17] Cindy Ecksol: what Jamie said that is....
[14:17] Sonja Strom: My perspective is, AA will have whatever process it will have, and we can't control that.
[14:17] Jamie Palisades nods
[14:17] Moon Adamant: of course
[14:17] Cindy Ecksol: kidn of a "committee report" rather than a call for a vote
[14:17] Sonja Strom: Our own process is what we should follow on our side of the matter.
[14:18] Rose Springvale: actually
[14:18] Moon Adamant: but we as guild can make technical analysis and recommendations
[14:18] Rose Springvale: i think the guild was chaged with a question, i think you are answering it
[14:18] Moon Adamant: and should, and must
[14:18] Cindy Ecksol: yes, important to separate roles
[14:19] Sonja Strom: If we want to, we can hold a combination CDS/AA meeting to talk about what we might like.
[14:19] Cindy Ecksol: perhaps after AA meeting reviews these?
[14:19] Jamie Palisades: Sonja, I exoect we will talk at the RA meeting about how to do that.
[14:19] Moon Adamant: if AA and teh RA so agree
[14:19] Moon Adamant: in any case, Rose
[14:19] Sonja Strom: ok
[14:19] Moon Adamant: i am available
[14:19] Moon Adamant: if decent hours
[14:19] Moon Adamant: to go to your meeting and explain technical matters
[14:20] Rose Springvale: thanks Moon, i'll probably have satir represent this perspective from our side
[14:20] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:20] Moon Adamant: if you want me to brief Satir, i am available as well
[14:20] Rose Springvale: thanks.
[14:20] Moon Adamant: i would like now to to move
[14:21] Moon Adamant: towards an expression of preference
[14:21] Moon Adamant: with
[14:21] Moon Adamant: the understanding that it is not binding
[14:21] Moon Adamant: the ultimate decision is not ours
[14:21] Rose Springvale: is that appropriate?
[14:21] Cindy Ecksol: I'm not sure that it is appropriate
[14:21] Moon Adamant: but maybe it can help to know the recommendation of teh Guild
[14:21] Rose Springvale: moon?
[14:21] Moon Adamant: i don't know either
[14:21] Moon Adamant: debate .)
[14:21] Cindy Ecksol: if the ultimate decision isn't ours, we shouldn't meddle
[14:22] Sonja Strom: What would be inappropriate about it?
[14:22] Cindy Ecksol: I think we need to listen to what AA has to say about all of this before we start expressing preferences
[14:22] Rose Springvale: how will you feel when AA comes back and says.. well if you terraform CN it might work..
[14:22] Moon Adamant: lol
[14:22] Cindy Ecksol: they may have perceptions and ideas that we haven't thought of...because we're not them :-)
[14:22] Sonja Strom: It seems to me a workgroup can say what it thinks...
[14:22] Rose Springvale: without having had an oppportunity to see
[14:23] Moon Adamant: i tend to agree more with Rose and Cindy
[14:23] Jamie Palisades smiles. It's also possibel for individuals to post their views.
[14:23] Moon Adamant: so i withdraw my motion
[14:23] Moon Adamant: until we are asked for it
[14:23] Sonja Strom: I think maybe see, so you think this should be an informational meeting only?
[14:23] Cindy Ecksol nods
[14:23] Moon Adamant: well, we made a technical analysis
[14:24] Moon Adamant: and responded to the RA and Exec request
[14:24] Rose Springvale: do you have the charge from the RA meeting? i think it was just.. is it feasible, and show us two options
[14:24] Cindy Ecksol: we've done our technical thing...now time to listen to reactions
[14:24] Moon Adamant: that's not little!
[14:24] Moon Adamant: yup, they're getting three for the price of two
[14:24] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[14:24] Moon Adamant: a bargain :))
[14:24] Rose Springvale: hehe
[14:24] Jamie Palisades: Honestly i donl;t thikn a naked statemetn "I like 2" is much help .. but a comment like "I think the traffic would flow better, and the cliff would not look bad, if we use 3" ... would be helpful. So I'd strongly encouarge individuals to post their views
[14:24] Moon Adamant: indeed
[14:25] Moon Adamant: let me look the link for you guys
[14:25] Rose Springvale: okay
[14:25] Moon Adamant: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2411
[14:26] Rose Springvale: My favorite is option 1
[14:26] Rose Springvale: :)
[14:26] Rose Springvale: because it works without the extra sims
[14:26] Rose Springvale: and it has a natural flow from cn to garnata
[14:26] Rose Springvale: and lets the AA community balance the NFS community.. with the roman sims the center valley
[14:27] Rose Springvale: historically
[14:27] Rose Springvale: though i don't want to go into it, it flows.
[14:27] Rose Springvale: connetions are easy
[14:27] Rose Springvale: done
[14:27] Cindy Ecksol: yes, seems like ti would be nice to walk through
[14:28] Moon Adamant: ok, i have set a box that links to the thread for comments
[14:28] Sonja Strom: I like Proposal 1 better now that I know we could terraform to make for better connections between the sims.
[14:28] Cindy Ecksol: the one on the other end seems to have too many extra sims needed, and practically demands an additional roman sim
[14:28] Moon Adamant: Proposal 1 is very economic
[14:28] Sonja Strom: My main concern about it would be limiting the ability of the Roman area to expand naturally.
[14:29] Moon Adamant: it would become a band
[14:29] Cindy Ecksol: on the other hand, I DO like the fact that #3 has a nice connection from CN to Al Garnata....that seems like a good fit to me
[14:29] Rose Springvale: 2 does that as well
[14:30] Cindy Ecksol: yes....I just don't like that one quite so much because it seems kind of strung-out
[14:30] Rose Springvale: remember the walls of the city stop and you go into a rural look in CN
[14:30] Cindy Ecksol: ah, true...
[14:30] Rose Springvale: much like this area where we are sitting
[14:30] Moon Adamant: yes
[14:30] Moon Adamant: this villa is a very good example of a good transition space
[14:31] Rose Springvale: the space to the south of LA could evolve as eithe roman or spanish
[14:31] Rose Springvale: or greek for that matter
[14:31] Rose Springvale: (is south right? )
[14:31] Moon Adamant: no lol
[14:31] Jamie Palisades: :)
[14:31] Cindy Ecksol: I think CN is north and NFS is south
[14:31] Rose Springvale: see why i do people? :) and not numbers :)
[14:31] Moon Adamant: yes
[14:31] Sonja Strom: There are mountains in Greece.
[14:31] Cindy Ecksol: so south of LA would be the monastery
[14:31] Moon Adamant: yup
[14:32] Rose Springvale: okay, you all know what i mean lol
[14:32] Moon Adamant: which btw
[14:32] Moon Adamant: as you can see
[14:32] Rose Springvale: looks for her big red N's
[14:32] Cindy Ecksol: yes, that north area....
[14:32] Moon Adamant: is already there as well
[14:32] Cindy Ecksol: lots of potential in 2 and 3
[14:32] Sonja Strom: In all three of these plans AA would go in toward the north.
[14:32] Moon Adamant: yes
[14:33] Moon Adamant: and be able to expand north and eastwards
[14:33] Rose Springvale: away from siberia....
[14:33] Rose Springvale: ;)
[14:33] Moon Adamant: while CDS can expand in all other directions
[14:33] Moon Adamant: and including north through the pelagic band
[14:34] Jamie Palisades: siberia?
[14:34] Moon Adamant: i actually think any of the three can work
[14:34] Rose Springvale: up in the cold mountains ;)
[14:34] Moon Adamant: eheheh
[14:34] Jamie Palisades: DO you think som edrection or another has a bigger separateness or stigma?
[14:34] Moon Adamant: btw guys
[14:34] Moon Adamant: hmmmm
[14:34] Moon Adamant: no
[14:34] Jamie Palisades: anyway that massif was Timo;s plan
[14:34] Jamie Palisades: so it;s Mount Guffer
[14:34] Moon Adamant: we'll have a very flowing territory southwards with the middle europe cluster
[14:34] Timo Gufler: hehe
[14:35] Moon Adamant: and westwards
[14:35] Rose Springvale: the third one is more separate
[14:35] Jamie Palisades: we will send Salzie uip there to plant the flag :D
[14:35] Moon Adamant: we can link the pelagic band to nea hora cluster seamlessly
[14:35] Rose Springvale: but i don't think so much so that it is a bad option
[14:35] Jamie Palisades: (sorry)
[14:35] Moon Adamant: ok
[14:36] Moon Adamant: we're here for 1h30
[14:36] Rose Springvale: yes, i need to go back and make sure the party is okay
[14:36] Moon Adamant: we have made the Vote That Mattered
[14:36] Moon Adamant: Jamie
[14:36] Rose Springvale: i don't think you need me anyway
[14:36] Moon Adamant: and Rose
[14:36] Moon Adamant: wait, wait
[14:36] Rose Springvale: wait waiting
[14:36] Moon Adamant: when are you going to meet with AA?
[14:36] Rose Springvale: smile
[14:37] Moon Adamant: soon?
[14:37] Moon Adamant: just so that i organize worjk in the GMP
[14:37] Rose Springvale: we have a regular meeting scheduled wednesday... but i'm not sure you can do anything with GMP can you?
[14:37] Moon Adamant: no, what i mean is
[14:37] Moon Adamant: after a proposal is picked
[14:38] Moon Adamant: it must be inserted in the GMP
[14:38] Moon Adamant: we also have to send this to RA
[14:38] Rose Springvale: but there is still work to be done from the RA before its ready for that, no?
[14:38] Moon Adamant: so i think this will give us some time
[14:38] Jamie Palisades: hm
[14:38] Moon Adamant: to do the terrain in the alp sector
[14:38] Moon Adamant: no, Rose
[14:38] Moon Adamant: these go as detail plans
[14:38] Rose Springvale: no mean
[14:38] Moon Adamant: as they are
[14:38] Rose Springvale: moon
[14:38] Rose Springvale: i mean
[14:39] Rose Springvale: there are many issues still on the RA plate before we are ready to say.. this is a done deal
[14:39] Jamie Palisades: Moon an aupdate to the GMP is a good ting -- but it would be an extra step to assume that the GMP will be given the force of law :)
[14:39] Moon Adamant: wait guys
[14:39] Moon Adamant: lol
[14:39] Moon Adamant: you are not understanding the process
[14:39] Moon Adamant: what we have here
[14:39] Moon Adamant: are detail plan (or area) proposals
[14:40] Moon Adamant: to kick to RA
[14:40] Moon Adamant: which will pick one, after laising with AA
[14:40] Rose Springvale: if they choose to pursue merging
[14:40] Moon Adamant: then RA kicks back the proposal to us
[14:40] Jamie Palisades: :) the scope and rules of which, of coursem this group of current and former RA members has no idea about? :D
[14:40] Moon Adamant: and we insert it on the GMP
[14:40] Moon Adamant: sorry jamie?
[14:40] Jamie Palisades: hehe
[14:40] Jamie Palisades: Moon, i take your comments to mean this
[14:40] Jamie Palisades: once a decision is made
[14:41] Jamie Palisades: that decision needs to be reintegrated
[14:41] Moon Adamant: yes
[14:41] Jamie Palisades: back into an updated GMP
[14:41] Jamie Palisades: riht, no problem
[14:41] Jamie Palisades: :D
[14:41] Moon Adamant: yes
[14:41] Moon Adamant: but as we have to look at other bits of the GMP
[14:41] Moon Adamant: we can do that meanwhile
[14:41] Cindy Ecksol: well...
[14:42] Cindy Ecksol: I'm thinking that with so much in flux here, perhaps we ought to wait for the conclusion of this process and restart after the GMP is update with the final approved AA proposal
[14:42] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[14:42] Moon Adamant: not necessarily
[14:42] Cindy Ecksol: now that we see this all laid out, we can see there's a lot in flux
[14:42] Moon Adamant: we can go studying the mountains
[14:42] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[14:43] Cindy Ecksol: well, I suppose...
[14:43] Moon Adamant: there's lots of work in that
[14:43] Cindy Ecksol: but that's not going to happen too....
[14:43] Cindy Ecksol: um...soon, not too
[14:43] Moon Adamant: maybe not
[14:43] Moon Adamant: but it's useful to have a plan when we want to go there
[14:44] Moon Adamant: mind you, the terrain thing is simple
[14:44] Rose Springvale: do you have what you need from me moon?
[14:44] Cindy Ecksol shrugs. I guess so
[14:44] Moon Adamant: yes, Rose, thanks
[14:44] Moon Adamant: i'll send these maps later on, or tomorrow
[14:44] Rose Springvale: please drop me copies of the models if you would..
[14:44] Rose Springvale: thanks
[14:44] Moon Adamant: yw :)
[14:44] Rose Springvale: i'm going to go back to queens day. come up and shop!
[14:44] Moon Adamant: but as i was saying
[14:45] Moon Adamant: terrain is basically defining max and min altitudes
[14:45] Moon Adamant: because the TRUE terrains won't be decided at this phase
[14:45] Moon Adamant: biut only when a sim is planned
[14:45] Moon Adamant: but we want to know right awa
[14:45] Moon Adamant: away
[14:46] Moon Adamant: what is the max altitude in sim 23, say
[14:46] Cindy Ecksol: well, I guess that's ok....we're really talking about the southeast then, and that wil be the same under all three proposals
[14:46] Moon Adamant: yes
[14:46] Moon Adamant: AA doesn't change that
[14:46] Jamie Palisades: thanks again, and excuse me :)
[14:46] Moon Adamant: it only changes the roman cluster and pelagic band
[14:46] Sonja Strom: see you Jamie
[14:47] Moon Adamant: bye jamie, thanks
[14:47] Cindy Ecksol: bye jamie
[14:47] Moon Adamant: ah btw
[14:47] Timo Gufler: bye..
[14:47] Moon Adamant: we will start to meet here always
[14:47] Moon Adamant: since it's predictable that we will need room to work with sculpt maps
[14:47] Cindy Ecksol: yes, it IS good with the physical models!
[14:47] Moon Adamant: yup
[14:48] Moon Adamant: very easy to understand
[14:48] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[14:48] Moon Adamant: any other business?
[14:49] Moon Adamant: then i suggest we adjourn :)
[14:49] Sonja Strom: ok
[14:49] Cindy Ecksol: sounds good to me
[14:49] Timo Gufler: yes
[14:49] Sonja Strom: See you later -
[14:49] Moon Adamant: thanks everyone :)

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”