far more than one.

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by Kendra Bancroft »

[quote="Patroklus Murakami":3jlop3rh]Can we stop fighting now and look forward to the Ball? :)[/quote:3jlop3rh]

After you, Gwyn and Moon apologize to me. sure.

BTW --you 3 are Government officials of Neufreistadt.

Ulrika is a merchant and a citizen of Port Neualtenburg. Nothing she says can be even remotely regarded as an official stance of PN.

You'll find I have never yet instigated any mud-slinging --but when I get some thrown at me --expect it thrown right back.

As far as forum posts go? When I have something to post --I will --we Neualtenburgers tend to concentrate on IW activity over forum activity, and we have as I've stated been involved in a rather large 5 sim project over this last month.

But thanks for your concern over the health of Neualtenburg. We are more than fine.

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Ball Invitations

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

Err, :oops: Ball invitations.

Sudane and I finished the inworld invitatation last night - Sudane has been dropping them on folks this morning. I have yet to start sending out the ones via email.

I don't think any of the citizens have received theirs as of yet.

Kendra, you were on top on the list - and should have yours soon, if not already.

And - you can separate out the fizzing champaign bottle for use in other ways. :wink:

Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Re: Ball Invitations

[quote="Salzie Sachertorte":2feq0ju8]Err, :oops: Ball invitations.

Sudane and I finished the inworld invitatation last night - Sudane has been dropping them on folks this morning. I have yet to start sending out the ones via email.

I don't think any of the citizens have received theirs as of yet.

Kendra, you were on top on the list - and should have yours soon, if not already.

And - you can separate out the fizzing champaign bottle for use in other ways. :wink:[/quote:2feq0ju8]

I'll be there wearing my rotten vegetable proof gown.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

[quote="Kendra Bancroft":3gmx8cnv]After you, Gwyn and Moon apologize to me. sure.

Ulrika is a merchant and a citizen of Port Neualtenburg. Nothing she says can be even remotely regarded as an official stance of PN.[/quote:3gmx8cnv]

I'm not a government official, I'm Secretary-General of the Citizens' Social Democratic Faction. It's not a government post.

Moon is a CSDF rep on the RA, Gwyn is Dean of the SC (as you will be aware). Both were attending the CSDF meeting as members of the CSDF not as government officials.

None of our statements could be taken as 'official' statements of the government of Neufreistadt by any reasonable person.

Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

[quote="Patroklus Murakami":1siglqsk][quote="Kendra Bancroft":1siglqsk]After you, Gwyn and Moon apologize to me. sure.

Ulrika is a merchant and a citizen of Port Neualtenburg. Nothing she says can be even remotely regarded as an official stance of PN.[/quote:1siglqsk]

I'm not a government official, I'm Secretary-General of the Citizens' Social Democratic Faction. It's not a government post.

Moon is a CSDF rep on the RA, Gwyn is Dean of the SC (as you will be aware). Both were attending the CSDF meeting as members of the CSDF not as government officials.

None of our statements could be taken as 'official' statements of the government of Neufreistadt by any reasonable person.[/quote:1siglqsk]

It became official as soon as it was published by the Dean of the SC on your official forum.

No reasonable person (let alone Government Spokesman) would have made the comment to begin with.

I suggest the three of you issue me an apology both here and on the LL forums.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

[quote="Kendra Bancroft":28xyu6yr]It became official as soon as it was published by the Dean of the SC on your official forum.

No reasonable person (let alone Government Spokesman) would have made the comment to begin with.[/quote:28xyu6yr]

That's a ridiculous proposition, Kendra. Are you saying that every word of every transcript of every meeting that takes place in Neufreistadt (and presumably Neualtenburg before it) is 'official'? What does that mean anyway? That it is a statement of government policy? It was a throwaway remark at the end of a meeting. Nobody would have noticed it if you hadn't drawn attention to it. (And it was published by me, not Gwyn by the way).

I explained in an earlier post why it was a reasonable conclusion to make. We have free speech in N'stadt, you can't censor people's comments because you disagree with them or are offended by them.

Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

[quote="Patroklus Murakami":35do69o8][quote="Kendra Bancroft":35do69o8]It became official as soon as it was published by the Dean of the SC on your official forum.

No reasonable person (let alone Government Spokesman) would have made the comment to begin with.[/quote:35do69o8]

That's a ridiculous proposition, Kendra. Are you saying that every word of every transcript of every meeting that takes place in Neufreistadt (and presumably Neualtenburg before it) is 'official'? What does that mean anyway? That it is a statement of government policy? It was a throwaway remark at the end of a meeting. Nobody would have noticed it if you hadn't drawn attention to it. (And it was published by me, not Gwyn by the way).

I explained in an earlier post why it was a reasonable conclusion to make. We have free speech in N'stadt, you can't censor people's comments because you disagree with them or are offended by them.[/quote:35do69o8]

It is not a reasonable conclusion to make at all.
Even a casual tour of Port Neualtenburg will reveal merchants other than myself.

Chance Abattoir
Logan Bauer
Karsten Rutledge
Amelie Brissot
Sven Enfield
Ulrika Zugzwang
Solivar Scarbourough
Daequix Scarborough
all of whom have a say in the environment in Port Neualtenburg

Karsten's clipper ship and Logan's Blimp, Solivar's Gypsy wagon and Ulrika's fachwerh being among the attractions contributed to the City.

All citizens further have the right to change and alter any of their stores to their liking.

Furthermore proactive development and collaboration is encouraged. A prime example being our national pastime (Chicken Racer Bumper Cars) which has been developed by Ulrika, Solivar, Daequix and myself with participation from Lucifer Baphomet who will be joining the merchant class sometime next month.

In addition, due to our success this last month I am finally able to move our capital into the development of our next phase "Colonial Neualtenburg" (which will be our Representative Branch of our micronation) on a 20km island in the mainland Valerian Sim and will be built completely democratically as a group effort.

Lastly, if it had not been noticable, I would not have found out about it thru upset PN citizens and outsiders who alerted me to it's presence --would I?

Your forums are managed by your SC. The moment something appears on your official forums it becomes a matter of official record. The comment was made by the head of the very branch of Gov't that is responsable for the content.

It is not a matter of censor at this point. It is a matter of Neufreistadt integrity.
Leave what you will as posted. I care not.

Apologize for the slight. And publish a retraction --or I fail to see how I can consider the actions of your Government with any seriousness I would attach to an organization run by adults.

Chicago Kipling
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Chicago Kipling »

Sometimes we apologize for a feeling of hurt regardless of the nature of the request for that apology because we seek to express care for even those we disagree with. And sometimes we extend grace and bear pain for the sake of a connection we value. In any case, forgiveness, humility and grace seem essential to any lasting resolution of a disagreement like this.

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

[quote="Kendra Bancroft":235fdsss]
I'll be there wearing my rotten vegetable proof gown.[/quote:235fdsss]

Bah. You know I, for one, never throw rotten vegetables.

Lousy misuse of perfectly good compost!

I prefer my Dwellget Taco Launcher.

Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":1sui8t58][quote="Kendra Bancroft":1sui8t58]
I'll be there wearing my rotten vegetable proof gown.[/quote:1sui8t58]

I prefer my Dwellget Taco Launcher.[/quote:1sui8t58]

Does Mr. Rubio know about this?

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

[quote="Kendra Bancroft":3bmqs67y][quote="Aliasi Stonebender":3bmqs67y][quote="Kendra Bancroft":3bmqs67y]
I'll be there wearing my rotten vegetable proof gown.[/quote:3bmqs67y]

I prefer my Dwellget Taco Launcher.[/quote:3bmqs67y]

Does Mr. Rubio know about this?[/quote:3bmqs67y]

Know about it, hell, where did you think the ammo CAME from?

Kendra Bancroft
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":1f4ez15g][quote="Kendra Bancroft":1f4ez15g][quote="Aliasi Stonebender":1f4ez15g][quote="Kendra Bancroft":1f4ez15g]
I'll be there wearing my rotten vegetable proof gown.[/quote:1f4ez15g]

I prefer my Dwellget Taco Launcher.[/quote:1f4ez15g]

Does Mr. Rubio know about this?[/quote:1f4ez15g]

Know about it, hell, where did you think the ammo CAME from?[/quote:1f4ez15g]

I'm happy we're laughing together again, Aliasi --I missed that.

Return to “General Discussion”