Portal updates?

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Portal updates?

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

As we prepare to begin the 11th RA I took a moment to look at the code of laws and noticed that there have been no updates to the code of laws since NL 9-3 passed in early January. NuCARE is still listed on the faction pages with no indication that it is currently inactive. Who's maintaining the code of laws on the portal? Until last fall the RA published summaries of action. Now one has to reference the draft bills in Legislative discussion and then pull any amendments out of the transcripts. This makes it difficult to discern the state of the CDS code. especially given the lack of updates to the portal.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Portal updates?

Post by Sonja Strom »

It would also be good for Monastery to be added to the linked sim names at the top of the portal page (at http://portal.slcds.info).

That design looks nice, but perhaps we could think about changing it some too, since soon there will be six other names to be added there for the Andalusian sims.

Jamie Palisades
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jamie Palisades »

Thanks, that's good feedback. Brian, who assisted us this term with taking over the portal and other info-devices projects from Arria, is stepping down as co-PIO; we will need to find a new volunteer into that (stipended) position. After the RA selects a chancellor for next term, I expect there will need to be a number of re-appointments and new solicitations for volunteers and officials. However, I seek to get all essential updates done by the time my term ends, on about 1 August. For now, we slowly are making the various changes, which promulgate through a set of notecards, websites and the like, using spare cycles from otherwise burdened staff, for now. Regards JP

== My Second Life home is CDS. Retired after three terms
== as chancellor of the oldest self-governing sims in SL.
Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Thanks for the information. I used to do most of the RA transcript posting and code of law maintenance myself, back when we used Aliasi's donated wiki space, so I know it is a hassle to keep everything up to date, especially when done in everyone's spare time.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Maybe we could have a Webmaster, or a Webportal Group. There was a group that put together the web portal when Alexicon was Chancellor, but I have not heard anything about it since then.

I would be willing to take that on or help with it.

Return to “General Discussion”