First RA Meeting of the 11th session, 2 August 2009, 7am SLT

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

First RA Meeting of the 11th session, 2 August 2009, 7am SLT

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

With the consent of the newly-elected RA members, I'd like to hold the first RA meeting of the new term on Sunday 2 August at 7am SLT. Please note that our meetings are usually at 9am on Sundays, but I'm going to ask your indulgence for this week to move it to 7am as we really need to have a meeting, as LRA I'd hate to miss that first meeting, and unfortunately I'm going to be traveling that day and will have to stop meeting and leave my house in RL not later than 9:30am.

At a minimum the agenda will include swearing in of the new RA and election of a Chancellor for the term. I have one more item in mind and am open to other suggestions, but my thought is to keep this meeting relatively short. We'll also be testing out some new technology that may help us keep our meetings of 13 productive, so we'll also need some time to get used to those tools.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend. I will post this notice to the AA and CDS groups tomorrow when I get better internet access.

Thanks!

Cindy

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: First RA Meeting of the 11th session, 2 August 2009, 7am SLT

Post by Sonja Strom »

I am able to attend a meeting at that time.

Pip Torok
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Pip Torok »

Cindy Ecksol wrote:

With the consent of the newly-elected RA members, I'd like to hold the first RA meeting of the new term on Sunday 2 August at 7am SLT. Please note that our meetings are usually at 9am on Sundays, but I'm going to ask your indulgence for this week to move it to 7am as we really need to have a meeting, as LRA I'd hate to miss that first meeting, and unfortunately I'm going to be traveling that day and will have to stop meeting and leave my house in RL not later than 9:30am.

[ .... ]

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can attend. I will post this notice to the AA and CDS groups tomorrow when I get better internet access.

Thanks!

Cindy

I will be able to attend the meeting at that time, Cindy.

See you

Pip Torok

Robert Galland
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Robert Galland »

Sunday, August 2 at 7 a.m. should be fine for me.

Thanks.

Rob

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

It is my understanding there are now four requests from other communities to establish Consulates in the CDS. I request the topic "Update on all Consulates" be added to the RA agenda.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Sonja Strom wrote:

It is my understanding there are now four requests from other communities to establish Consulates in the CDS. I request the topic "Update on all Consulates" be added to the RA agenda.

Sonja, this is definitely on my list for the upcoming term, but since the first meeting is already going to run at least two hours, I'm going to ask your indulgence to defer it to the second meeting. And since it will need an advocate, could I ask you to take on that role? If we're going to have it on the agenda, it would be good if someone is prepared to present the subject, list the opportunities, and perhaps ensure that appropriate speakers (either CDS players or potential ambassadors) join us that day? Some ideas about what followup might be appropriate after the meeting would be helpful too.

Thanks!

Cindy

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Would you need an advocate at this point? While I could see the RA possibly needing to approve land exchanges at some point, much of the early stage work seems to fall under the Chancellor's authority to function diplomatically on behalf of the CDS. It might be that there need be nothing more than a report at this stage, which could even be submitted to the RA in writing, if meeting time constraints made that preferable.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

I am able to participate to the first RA meeting of this term. I would appreciate to see published a complete agenda on this forum before the meeting.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

I think I may have to miss this inauguration as I doubt I'll be home in time for the ceremony and the first session. Congratulations to all the reps from both the 'old' CDS and Al Andalus. I hope it's a productive term. This is a very exciting time to be in the CDS and an opportunity for renewal and reinvigoration as we forge a new community from the two that have decided to merge.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

During this meeting 9 members of the new RA were sworn in.

From the "old" CDS sims:
1. Cindy Ecksol (Leader of the RA)
2. Arria Perreault
3. Gwyneth Llewelyn
4. Pip Torok
5. Robert Galland
6. Sonja Strom (me)
7. Soro Dagostino

From the "new" CDS sims of Al Andalus:
8. Carolyn Saarinen
9. Micael Khandr

Apparently not there were:
10. StuiChicanne Darkstone
11. Wasp Thor

Is this list correct? Since there are to be 13 RA members this term, do we know who is missing from this list?

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Perhaps Rose could clarify as to the full list of RA reps from the Al Andalus sims.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

The Reps from Al Andalus are:
Micael Khandr
Carolyn Saarinen
Wasp Thor
StuiChicanne Darkstone (7 day requested)
Joaquin Gustav
Naftali Torok

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Thank you Rose. It is good to know who will be in the RA with me. :)

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Rose Springvale wrote:

The Reps from Al Andalus are:
Micael Khandr
Carolyn Saarinen
Wasp Thor
StuiChicanne Darkstone (7 day requested)
Joaquin Gustav
Naftali Torok

I have two questions here.

1. Article V sec. 2 says....

Citizens may not serve simultaneously in the Representative and Philosophic branch

Isn't Naftali on the SC?

2 . The merger act states, in part

In calculating that number, (a) each new CDS citizen from AA will be counted, plus (b) any "converting dual citizens." A "converting dual citizen" is a current CDS citizen who wishes to designate AA's sims as their primary residence within CDS; who does so by informing the CDS chancellor in writing within a reasonably set deadline; and who does not currently serve on the CDS RA.

The additional vacant RA positions will be filled by a process designated by AA management, consistent with AA law, from among persons who are (a) new CDS citizens from AA will be counted and (b) any "converting dual citizens." The newly selected RA members shall serve either (a)] the remainder of the current RA term [or (b), if they are selected less than one month prior to the closing date for RA candidacy in the next RA general election, for the remainder of the current term plus the next term.

Was Naftali a "converting dual citizen"? (Looks in the direction of the Chancellor)

Naftali Torok
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Naftali Torok »

Dear fellowcitizens,

In the very last moment and on "urgent request", I have put myself candidate for RA as a rep for the AA (there was still one missing)
I realize that i am just shortly in SC but I ask friendly to be "dismissed"' from that task to be able to serve the term in RA as a rep for AA, cause I think AA need me more as SC this very moment.
I am waiting for more information how to proceed from here...

yours Naftali

Return to “Events in CDS”