RA Partial Transcript from Chat for 7.12.2009

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:28 am

RA Partial Transcript from Chat for 7.12.2009

Post by Soro Dagostino »

Here is the partial transcript of the last RA session from when I took the chair from Brian.

[2009/07/12 10:05] Soro Dagostino: Since I have no transcrip log -- can someone tell me where the body is?
[2009/07/12 10:05] Soro Dagostino: Agenda wise.
[2009/07/12 10:05] Pip Torok: item III open discussion
[2009/07/12 10:05] Soro Dagostino: TY
[2009/07/12 10:05] Brian Livingston: We're on discussion point IV, CDS Economic Development, althoguh we are clsoing in on the end of the alloted tiem for such discussion
[2009/07/12 10:06] Patroklus Murakami: i propose that this item be a general news sharing and discussion item regarding the AA merger given that we don't have jamie to upated us under item II
[2009/07/12 10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn gave you RA meeting July 12 up to 10:05 AM SLT.
[2009/07/12 10:06] Sonja Strom: I would like to bring up something in this area.
[2009/07/12 10:06] Patroklus Murakami: and that we extend the discussion time, if needs be
[2009/07/12 10:06] Brian Livingston: Either way, we have exceeded the time alloted for points III and IV combined and then some.
[2009/07/12 10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe true... mmmh
[2009/07/12 10:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I'd still like to hear any further news on AA
[2009/07/12 10:07] Patroklus Murakami: i don't see anyone here for items V or VI....
[2009/07/12 10:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Besides 'rumours'. For instance, yesterday I was presented to Stui and someone mentioned he'd be one of the appointed representatives. It would be nice to 'show them the ropes' so to speak
[2009/07/12 10:07] Brian Livingston: If there is news to be reported, sure, but without the Chancellor or the EO or AA, or a rep from the NG, I don't see much new news persay.
[2009/07/12 10:07] Patroklus Murakami: i'd like to hear from sonja...
[2009/07/12 10:08] Pip Torok: maybe the AA reps will all come tonights party ...?
[2009/07/12 10:08] Brian Livingston: Sonja?
[2009/07/12 10:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I hope they will
[2009/07/12 10:08] Sonja Strom: Thank you.
[2009/07/12 10:09] Sonja Strom: A couple of weeks ago I sent a notecard to our Chancellor about an offer being made to the CDS by MunichSL.
[2009/07/12 10:09] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hmm... I have a stupid idea... what about turning the July 26th meeting into a 'welcome AA reps' event? We wouldn't discuss anything, just tell them *how* we discuss things, show them the rules for discussion, etc
[2009/07/12 10:09] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (sorry — I type too slowly...)
[2009/07/12 10:09] Sonja Strom: He told me he would talk about it with the RA today, but he is not here...
[2009/07/12 10:09] Sonja Strom: Gwyneth, can we talk about that after this?
[2009/07/12 10:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: my apologies, yes, of course
[2009/07/12 10:10] Pip Torok: an idea gwyn ... how about an "adopt-an-AA-rep strategy?
[2009/07/12 10:10] Brian Livingston: Sonja has the floor :)
[2009/07/12 10:10] Sonja Strom: Pip, could we talk about that in a few minutes?
[2009/07/12 10:10] Pip Torok: ok
[2009/07/12 10:11] Soro Dagostino: I see you don't need me as a gate keeper! LOL
[2009/07/12 10:11] Sonja Strom: The offer that was made was for the CDS to have a consulate exchange with Munich in SL.
[2009/07/12 10:11] Sonja Strom: MunichSL is a 3d model of RL Munich, so their buildings are like the RL ones.
[2009/07/12 10:11] Sonja Strom: They are offering us a very nice spot there,
[2009/07/12 10:12] Sonja Strom: and would like to have a Consulate in Neufreistadt.
[2009/07/12 10:12] Soro Dagostino: Who would be the consulate person
[2009/07/12 10:12] Sonja Strom: These would basically be information centers.
[2009/07/12 10:12] Soro Dagostino: Isn't that a Chancellor's job
[2009/07/12 10:13] Sonja Strom: zaphod is involved in their community as well as ours, and he has offered to help with this...
[2009/07/12 10:13] Soro Dagostino: Like was done at the last exhibition
[2009/07/12 10:13] Sonja Strom: he has started work on a new building for it.
[2009/07/12 10:13] Patroklus Murakami: sounds good. great collaboration :) probably for the chancellor to take forward as soro suggests
[2009/07/12 10:13] Sonja Strom: I am very much in favour of this effort, and would like to see it go forward.
[2009/07/12 10:13] Pip Torok: agree
[2009/07/12 10:13] Sonja Strom: I gave this information to the Chancellor two weeks ago,
[2009/07/12 10:14] zaphod Enoch: may i say something to that
[2009/07/12 10:14] Soro Dagostino: You have the floor
[2009/07/12 10:14] Sonja Strom: and he told me he would talk with us here in the RA at this meeting, and asked that zaphod be here for our discussion.
[2009/07/12 10:14] zaphod Enoch: about my ideas
[2009/07/12 10:14] Sonja Strom: But, unfortunately, Jamie is not here so I am bringing it up.
[2009/07/12 10:14] Sonja Strom: Thank you.
[2009/07/12 10:14] zaphod Enoch: is it my word now
[2009/07/12 10:15] zaphod Enoch: ?
[2009/07/12 10:15] Soro Dagostino: Yes.
[2009/07/12 10:15] zaphod Enoch: thanks
[2009/07/12 10:16] Syn Short is Offline
[2009/07/12 10:16] Julia Ceres is Offline
[2009/07/12 10:17] zaphod Enoch: as a citizien of munich sl and a resident of the sl i like spots as yours and munich, because the people in both worlds share the same ides of creating worlds and the first time i set my virtual foot on nfs i was really excited
[2009/07/12 10:17] zaphod Enoch: this a sim i like very much because they are my world
[2009/07/12 10:18] You decline 'Agenda 6-28-2009' ( http://slurl.com/secondlife/Colonia%20Nova/13/164/40 ) from Agenda giver.
[2009/07/12 10:19] zaphod Enoch: after i had got in contact with sonja and rose and got the possibility to change the interieur of the biergarten, with the allowance of moon and all the others i thought it would be a good idea to have kinda gateway between the sims
[2009/07/12 10:20] zaphod Enoch: so i just made the offer after i have spoken to the munich owner
[2009/07/12 10:20] Soro Dagostino: who is?
[2009/07/12 10:21] zaphod Enoch: if so to speak i do belong to the iner circle of the town representatives, where the owner is Lislo Mensing
[2009/07/12 10:21] Soro Dagostino: ty
[2009/07/12 10:23] zaphod Enoch: the others responsible for the town are Ralfi Beaumont a one for almost everything, Annabella Biedermann organising the big events, Soscho Aeon buildings and there textures, and me doing the events and some smaller buildings
[2009/07/12 10:25] zaphod Enoch: so i thought it would be a good idea to give people the chance to exchange within the neufreistadt sims and the munich (muenchen) sl sim
[2009/07/12 10:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
[2009/07/12 10:25] Patroklus Murakami: i propose that we ask the Chancellor to get in touch with zaphod at his earliest convenient time
[2009/07/12 10:25] zaphod Enoch: finished for now
[2009/07/12 10:25] Pip Torok: seconded
[2009/07/12 10:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I certainly agree!
[2009/07/12 10:25] Sonja Strom: Thanks zaphod.
[2009/07/12 10:25] Patroklus Murakami: yes, ty zaphod
[2009/07/12 10:26] Soro Dagostino: TY zaphod.
[2009/07/12 10:26] zaphod Enoch: thanks gwyneth
[2009/07/12 10:26] Sonja Strom: Does the RA support having this exchange of Consulates?
[2009/07/12 10:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Most definitely, I do :))
[2009/07/12 10:26] zaphod Enoch: and thanks for all the support so far
[2009/07/12 10:26] Pip Torok: i so move
[2009/07/12 10:26] Gwyneth Llewelyn: If that's a motion, Sonja, I second it!
[2009/07/12 10:27] Sonja Strom: It seems to me we can simply state our preference and intention.
[2009/07/12 10:27] IM: Brian Livingston: not really, all discussion motions to mvo eto the next discussion points, no legislation or anything though
[2009/07/12 10:27] Sonja Strom: I support it fully.
[2009/07/12 10:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I support it fully as well.
[2009/07/12 10:27] zaphod Enoch: thanks sonja
[2009/07/12 10:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (and yes, I've been to SL Munich, mostly to watch the architecture ;) )
[2009/07/12 10:28] Patroklus Murakami: i support an exchange of consulates, as an individual citizen, but i think it's up to the Exec branch to deal with :)
[2009/07/12 10:28] Sonja Strom: Is there any RA member who has reservations about it?
[2009/07/12 10:28] Brian Livingston: I'd be interested in seeign the proposal before really comittign either way
[2009/07/12 10:28] Soro Dagostino: I agree with Pat and Brian.
[2009/07/12 10:28] Patroklus Murakami: and i have every confidence that jamie will attend to this as soon as he is able to
[2009/07/12 10:28] Sonja Strom: Patroklus, I agree with you, but our Executive told me he wanted to bring this topic to the RA today.
[2009/07/12 10:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Yes, very likely. It might also be a model for further consulates....
[2009/07/12 10:28] Pip Torok: just one ... can we request the visiting consulates to respect the theme of the sim in which the consulate resides?
[2009/07/12 10:29] Sonja Strom: Then he himself did not come, but zaphod did...
[2009/07/12 10:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah, good point, Pip
[2009/07/12 10:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: again, preserving the theme (and noting exceptions) is up to the Exec...
[2009/07/12 10:29] Sonja Strom: The building being made for this consulate by zaphod is in the sandbox on CN if you would like to see it.
[2009/07/12 10:29] Soro Dagostino: I think we need his thoughts and analysis.
[2009/07/12 10:29] Sonja Strom: It is a fachwerk house.
[2009/07/12 10:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh.... nice lol
[2009/07/12 10:30] Patroklus Murakami: it's a shame jamie couldn't be here but... he may have had difficulties logging in. lots of ppl have had today
[2009/07/12 10:30] Pip Torok: yes ... but a delicate inter-regional matter dont you think?
[2009/07/12 10:30] Soro Dagostino: I did.
[2009/07/12 10:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I don't foresee any problems with SLMunich hehe
[2009/07/12 10:30] Brian Livingston: But do they have a football club?
[2009/07/12 10:30] Brian Livingston: ;)
[2009/07/12 10:30] zaphod Enoch: i do have the full responsibility of the owner to talk here for munich sl
[2009/07/12 10:30] Soro Dagostino: I do not either. But, I think we need to hear the Chancellor.
[2009/07/12 10:30] Patroklus Murakami: LOL! i should hope so brian
[2009/07/12 10:31] Pip Torok: mmm a fachwek on the CN sandbox?
[2009/07/12 10:31] zaphod Enoch: nope we do noot have
[2009/07/12 10:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2009/07/12 10:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn would like to ask how the football league is doing, but, alas, that would be part of the Chancellor report, not up to the RA to look into it ;)
[2009/07/12 10:31] Sonja Strom: I would like to make it clear I am not saying anything at all bad about our Chancellor, only that he told me he wanted to bring this issue up here and asked that zaphod be here for the discussion, and now he is not here so I am bringing it up for him.
[2009/07/12 10:32] Soro Dagostino: Gwyn & Sonja -- would you put the topic on the forums and ask for a response from the chancellor?
[2009/07/12 10:32] Brian Livingston: Folks, it is 10:30 and I must take my leave (really tight schedule today).
[2009/07/12 10:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I understand, Sonja. My point was just manifesting interest. I understand that the Executive will deal with the details. But we could today strictly forbid — or encourage — the Chancellor to go ahead
[2009/07/12 10:32] Soro Dagostino: Post something about the discussions and lets read them before we take action
[2009/07/12 10:32] Brian Livingston: One quick point: Rose asked me to remind everyone of the "Meet the Candidates" party taking place in LA today at noon!
[2009/07/12 10:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yes :)
[2009/07/12 10:33] Sonja Strom: It seems to me we could simply say what our feeling about this is,
[2009/07/12 10:33] Patroklus Murakami hopes to be there
[2009/07/12 10:33] zaphod Enoch: on the other hand i am about to design your building in munich, means the place you will have there because munich is build as the real munich so there is no chance to build anything new
[2009/07/12 10:33] Soro Dagostino: Is there any further business before the Body?
[2009/07/12 10:33] Sonja Strom: which would take about 45 seconds, and most of us have.
[2009/07/12 10:33] zaphod Enoch: you will reside in a building which exists real in munich sl
[2009/07/12 10:33] Sonja Strom: Maybe I should make it an official bill...
[2009/07/12 10:34] Sonja Strom: a clear yes or no.
[2009/07/12 10:34] Soro Dagostino: I think we need the chancellor's input before RA can consider all the details.
[2009/07/12 10:34] Brian Livingston: Agreed, Soro.
[2009/07/12 10:34] Pip Torok: agreed
[2009/07/12 10:34] Sonja Strom: ok
[2009/07/12 10:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: My feeling is that we can talk about our feelings, with or without the chancellor ;)
[2009/07/12 10:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2009/07/12 10:35] Soro Dagostino: As a point, please know I am in support of the proposition -- but I want the Chancellor's input.
[2009/07/12 10:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And in this case, I'm personally all for it — leaving, of course, the details for the Exec to figure out.
[2009/07/12 10:35] Pip Torok: certainly gwyn but his impurt wd be valuable imho
[2009/07/12 10:35] zaphod Enoch: well i do not have a hurry
[2009/07/12 10:35] Soro Dagostino: Good.
[2009/07/12 10:36] Soro Dagostino: Let's build a fire under Jamie.
[2009/07/12 10:36] Sonja Strom laughs
[2009/07/12 10:36] Patroklus Murakami: indeed gwyn :) we don't *need* the chancellor's input in order to reach a decision but, this is within the Exec branch perview so, i'd like the Chancellor to take it forward
[2009/07/12 10:36] Soro Dagostino: Make him do the hurrying
[2009/07/12 10:36] Sonja Strom: For now we can move on to the next topic I think.
[2009/07/12 10:36] Soro Dagostino: Are there more?
[2009/07/12 10:36] Sonja Strom: Thank you everybody.
[2009/07/12 10:37] Brian Livingston: The last point was SC interviews, but there are no candidates before us
[2009/07/12 10:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: *sigh*
[2009/07/12 10:37] Soro Dagostino: From what I can see -- we have reached the end of the Agenda.
[2009/07/12 10:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Can we somehow talk to Claude about this?
[2009/07/12 10:38] Patroklus Murakami: who were the latest candidates?
[2009/07/12 10:38] Gwyneth Llewelyn: The issue he wishes to bring up is pertinent
[2009/07/12 10:38] Pip Torok: agree gwyn
[2009/07/12 10:38] Soro Dagostino: Delia
[2009/07/12 10:38] Soro Dagostino: Stanton
[2009/07/12 10:38] Soro Dagostino: They were here last week.
[2009/07/12 10:38] Patroklus Murakami: ty soro :)
[2009/07/12 10:38] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
[2009/07/12 10:38] Pip Torok: and getting more pertinent each week ... :|
[2009/07/12 10:38] Patroklus Murakami: they were? when we didn't have a meeting?
[2009/07/12 10:38] Soro Dagostino: No . . . week before.
[2009/07/12 10:38] Patroklus Murakami: ah, i see :)
[2009/07/12 10:39] Soro Dagostino: Last RA Session.
[2009/07/12 10:39] Soro Dagostino: SC had not met -- I think.
[2009/07/12 10:39] Soro Dagostino: And Claude didn't make the announcement by then
[2009/07/12 10:39] Patroklus Murakami: (Stanton or Danton?)
[2009/07/12 10:39] Pip Torok: does anyone know whether Danton is now an SC member?
[2009/07/12 10:39] Soro Dagostino: Ah, er.
[2009/07/12 10:39] Patroklus Murakami: they won't be SC members until we ratify them, i think
[2009/07/12 10:40] Soro Dagostino: My memory is poor this morning.
[2009/07/12 10:40] IM: Brian Livingston: I have the transcipt up to 10:39, please grab the rest and I'll fwd waht i have to you.
[2009/07/12 10:40] Gwyneth Llewelyn: If we haven't after a month, they're automatically ratified
[2009/07/12 10:40] Pip Torok: sorry a recomendee ...
[2009/07/12 10:40] Patroklus Murakami: perhaps we could do that without the formality of questions?
[2009/07/12 10:40] IM: Brian Livingston: Or fwd your part to me and I';ll scrub and post it
[2009/07/12 10:40] Pip Torok: id support that, pat
[2009/07/12 10:40] Brian Livingston is Offline
[2009/07/12 10:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: In the case of either, I'd be happy to forfeit the questions too. We know them well, and how they stand
[2009/07/12 10:41] Soro Dagostino: I think both folk are really fine people.
[2009/07/12 10:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I have definitely the same opinion, Soro :)
[2009/07/12 10:41] Patroklus Murakami: i move we approve the appointment of Delia Lake and Danton Sideways to the SC
[2009/07/12 10:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok!
[2009/07/12 10:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: seconded!
[2009/07/12 10:41] Soro Dagostino: All in favor?
[2009/07/12 10:41] Patroklus Murakami: aye
[2009/07/12 10:41] Pip Torok: aye
[2009/07/12 10:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye :)
[2009/07/12 10:41] Soro Dagostino: Opposed?
[2009/07/12 10:42] Soro Dagostino: Carried.
[2009/07/12 10:42] Soro Dagostino: I will so advise Claude.
[2009/07/12 10:42] Patroklus Murakami: hurrah, progress :)
[2009/07/12 10:42] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Thanks! Remind him that we eagerly await his presentation too
[2009/07/12 10:42] Soro Dagostino: Any further business?
[2009/07/12 10:42] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oh, I have a better idea...
[2009/07/12 10:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Sonja, you suggested we talked about an introduction 'session' for the AA reps
[2009/07/12 10:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: we might get Claude to do his presentation at the same time!
[2009/07/12 10:43] Soro Dagostino: Whoo hoo!!
[2009/07/12 10:43] Pip Torok: sounds good ...
[2009/07/12 10:43] Soro Dagostino: Won't they learn in the trenches!
[2009/07/12 10:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: They will, of course, but it's also nice of us to give them a hand...
[2009/07/12 10:44] Soro Dagostino: I think the material is extremely controversial.
[2009/07/12 10:44] Pip Torok: itll be a kindness!! ;-)
[2009/07/12 10:44] Patroklus Murakami: welcome to the CDS.... obey our laws, or else? !!!!
[2009/07/12 10:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: lol Pat
[2009/07/12 10:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ok, Soro, you might be right... :)
[2009/07/12 10:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: It might just be too much of a culture shock hehe
[2009/07/12 10:45] Soro Dagostino: Do I hear a motion to adjourn?
[2009/07/12 10:45] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Perhaps we could have it as a public session?
[2009/07/12 10:45] Patroklus Murakami: i was hoping this idea about making compliance with laws (or else) would just disappear
[2009/07/12 10:45] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe Pat
[2009/07/12 10:45] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ok... so let's not flog the dead horse then ;)
[2009/07/12 10:45] Patroklus Murakami: can we take it off the agenda? since it is plainly not that great an idea?
[2009/07/12 10:45] Gwyneth Llewelyn makes a motion to adjourn
[2009/07/12 10:45] Pip Torok: sweconded
[2009/07/12 10:45] Soro Dagostino: All in favor?
[2009/07/12 10:45] Patroklus Murakami: aye
[2009/07/12 10:45] Pip Torok: aye
[2009/07/12 10:46] Soro Dagostino: Opposed?
[2009/07/12 10:46] Gwyneth Llewelyn does not oppose and votes in favour
[2009/07/12 10:46] Soro Dagostino: Thanks.
[2009/07/12 10:46] Soro Dagostino: Carrie.
[2009/07/12 10:46] Soro Dagostino: d8
[2009/07/12 10:46] Soro Dagostino: d*
[2009/07/12 10:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2009/07/12 10:47] Patroklus Murakami: was this our last session then?
[2009/07/12 10:47] Pip Torok: the last session this term ...
[2009/07/12 10:47] Soro Dagostino: I will ask Claude to make a presentation in the Forum.
[2009/07/12 10:47] Pip Torok: yup ...
[2009/07/12 10:47] Soro Dagostino: YAY!

See you when we next meet, be that next week or at 0700 8.2.2009.


Bottle Washer
Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”