Board Meeting 26th July 2009 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 800
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Meeting 26th July 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[9:19] Moon Adamant: ok hmmm
[9:19] Moon Adamant: first of all
[9:19] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:19] Moon Adamant: let me welcome the new citizens
[9:20] Moon Adamant: here represented by Wasp :)
[9:20] Moon Adamant: welcome to the New Guild!
[9:20] Jon Seattle: Yes welcome!
[9:20] Rose Springvale: yay Wasp :)
[9:20] Pip Torok: seconded!!!
[9:20] Wasp Thor: thank you
[9:20] Moon Adamant: i am the current Secretary of the Board
[9:20] Moon Adamant: which is this assembly
[9:20] Moon Adamant: and Jon here is the Faculty Chair
[9:21] Moon Adamant: who wishes also to present his and the Faculty's welcome
[9:21] Jon Seattle: (rather absentee faculty chair unfortunatly -- RL job has gotten out of hand..)
[9:21] Jon Seattle: Certainly welcome!
[9:21] Moon Adamant: been there myself
[9:22] Moon Adamant: and yes, i would also like to apologize
[9:22] Moon Adamant: for this being the first board meeting since June
[9:22] Moon Adamant: RL work reasons as well
[9:22] Moon Adamant: before we go on
[9:23] Moon Adamant: i'll make the usual announcement that Board meetinsg are transcripted
[9:23] Moon Adamant: into our forum
[9:23] Moon Adamant: at
[9:23] Moon Adamant: http://forums.slcds.info/viewforum.php?f=25
[9:23] Moon Adamant: also, today's agenda is as usual in the cube in front of me
[9:23] Moon Adamant: hm
[9:24] Moon Adamant: i'll make a change in the order of the works
[9:24] Moon Adamant: as is the prerogative of the Sec
[9:24] Moon Adamant: and i will call immediatley for elections
[9:24] Moon Adamant: for the Secretary of the Board
[9:24] Moon Adamant: as per our Charter
[9:24] Moon Adamant: which can be read on that link
[9:25] Moon Adamant: Board Sec elections must follow closely CDS general elections
[9:25] Moon Adamant: so i am setting the date for the next sunday
[9:25] Moon Adamant: time... i will need to appoint as soon as i know the RA meeting times
[9:25] Moon Adamant: ok?
[9:25] Moon Adamant: i'll let you know asap
[9:26] Moon Adamant: everyone wanting to run to the role of Secretary
[9:26] Rose Springvale: hi Rober
[9:26] Moon Adamant: must apply in this link
[9:26] Rober1236 Jua: Hello
[9:26] Lilith Ivory: Hi Robert
[9:26] Moon Adamant: hello Robert
[9:26] Rober1236 Jua: mind if I blog some pictures of this event?
[9:26] Moon Adamant: of course not!
[9:26] Rose Springvale: welcome :)
[9:26] Moon Adamant: and welcome to the Guild!
[9:27] Pip Torok: yes welcome Robert!
[9:27] Jon Seattle: Hi Robert Jua :)
[9:27] Moon Adamant: anyway
[9:27] Rose Springvale: good follow up to your map blog :)
[9:27] Moon Adamant: as i was saying
[9:27] Moon Adamant: runners-up to the role of Secretary of this Board
[9:28] Jamie Palisades: Moon? sorry, but, to dispose of the timing item you mentioned ...
[9:28] Moon Adamant: please apply in this thread
[9:28] Moon Adamant: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2512
[9:28] Moon Adamant: yes Jamie?
[9:28] Jamie Palisades: the RA meetins on 2 Aug at 07h000 SLT
[9:28] Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2506
[9:28] Moon Adamant: ah ok, thanks
[9:28] Rose Springvale: (she means candidates, not runners up)
[9:28] Moon Adamant: yes, sorry lol
[9:28] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:28] Moon Adamant: i am not a born english speaker
[9:28] Moon Adamant: so everyone attending these meetings
[9:29] Moon Adamant: is already used to my mistakes :)
[9:29] Moon Adamant: ok hmmm
[9:29] Moon Adamant: Rose
[9:29] Rose Springvale: we keep lists of moonisms :)
[9:29] Moon Adamant: anything previewed for after the RA meeting?
[9:29] Moon Adamant: inauguration ball, etc?
[9:29] Jon Seattle: hehe .. she finds words we should have in english but have not yet adopted them..
[9:29] Lilith Ivory smiles
[9:30] Rose Springvale: we are working on an inaugural ball, yes, but i need to get soem feedback on times and dates before ready to announce
[9:30] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:30] Moon Adamant: then i'll do this
[9:30] Moon Adamant: i'll wait for your feedback too
[9:30] Moon Adamant: but tentatively
[9:30] Moon Adamant: let's set the election for this time at next sunday
[9:30] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:30] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[9:30] Rose Springvale: i reallly like to have all the elections done before the ball so we can list names on the invitations
[9:31] Rose Springvale: this one will go out to a lot of places
[9:31] Moon Adamant nods
[9:31] Moon Adamant: ah btw
[9:31] Moon Adamant: let me also present
[9:31] Moon Adamant: the heads of the departments of this Board
[9:31] Jamie Palisades smiles, shrug, no reason the ball cannot by on the 8th or 9th, Rose; whatever you think works -- I think you and I get to do that as the outgoing government :)
[9:31] Moon Adamant: Sudane who is Head of Financial dep
[9:32] Moon Adamant: and Rose who is head of the hmmm Admin Board
[9:32] Moon Adamant: dep*
[9:32] Rose Springvale: that's what i'm thnking jamie, but need to look at travel schedules
[9:32] Rose Springvale: and fails miserably at her job lol
[9:32] Moon Adamant: not at all!
[9:32] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:33] Moon Adamant: the usual attendants of these meetings will now pardon me
[9:33] Moon Adamant: but i will explain what the New Guild is
[9:33] Moon Adamant: to the new citizens
[9:33] Moon Adamant: very briefly
[9:33] Moon Adamant: the Guild is a NGO of teh CDS
[9:34] Moon Adamant: which functions as a technical aid
[9:34] Moon Adamant: in terms of planning and building
[9:34] Moon Adamant: to the RA and the Executive branch
[9:35] Moon Adamant: the Guild has two bodies
[9:35] Moon Adamant: Faculty and Board
[9:35] Moon Adamant: i'll let Jon present the Faculty in a minute
[9:35] Moon Adamant: the board is this gathering
[9:35] Moon Adamant: any citizen can participate in the Board
[9:35] Moon Adamant: and vote
[9:36] Moon Adamant: we function as an adhocracy
[9:36] Moon Adamant: who is here, votes
[9:36] Moon Adamant: this has worked famously :)
[9:36] Moon Adamant: the Board, so to say, is the executive side of the Guild
[9:36] Moon Adamant: managing projects, etc
[9:37] Moon Adamant: the Faculty i now ask Jon to present
[9:37] Jon Seattle: Okay :)
[9:37] Jon Seattle: The faculty is an organization of skilled builders, designers, and planners who's mission is education and to aid guild projects.
[9:38] Jon Seattle: In generally does not have any policy-making powers, that is left to the board
[9:38] Jon Seattle: We get involved in a few other things -- such as the building approval process, though indirectly
[9:39] Jon Seattle: the basic idea is to provide a good way for non-builders to get involved in CDS building projects
[9:39] Moon Adamant: indeed
[9:39] Moon Adamant: btw
[9:39] Moon Adamant: what the whole Guild is NOT
[9:39] Moon Adamant: a political body of the CDS
[9:40] Moon Adamant: and we send all political matters that may arise in our action
[9:40] Moon Adamant: to the competent CDS political bodies
[9:40] Moon Adamant: this to say
[9:41] Moon Adamant: the current secretary gets very mad at political talk inside the Guild :9
[9:41] Sudane Erato: hehe
[9:41] Jon Seattle: :)
[9:41] Moon Adamant: but in any case
[9:41] Moon Adamant: do read our charter
[9:41] Moon Adamant: it has our mission and our abilities and responsabilities plainly written down
[9:41] Rober1236 Jua: http://thegreatslexpedition.blogspot.co ... eting.html
[9:42] Rober1236 Jua: That is my blog
[9:42] Rober1236 Jua: sorry I must run
[9:42] Moon Adamant: and please do join us here more or less every sunday :)
[9:42] Rose Springvale: nice to see you again Rober
[9:42] Moon Adamant: thanks Robert!
[9:42] Pip Torok: tks for the blog robert!
[9:42] Moon Adamant: have a lovely sunday!
[9:42] Jon Seattle: Thanks Robert :)
[9:42] Moon Adamant: oh, he's gone
[9:42] Moon Adamant: ok hmmmm
[9:42] Moon Adamant: let me also say
[9:43] Moon Adamant: personally
[9:43] Moon Adamant: i was missing these meetings :))
[9:43] Moon Adamant: so now lets look at work in hands!
[9:43] Rose Springvale: should we move jamie to the top moon, as he has to go soon?
[9:43] Moon Adamant: yes
[9:44] Moon Adamant: CN City SE corner re-deployment
[9:44] Rose Springvale: hi Delia!
[9:44] Moon Adamant: hi Delia!
[9:44] Moon Adamant: Jamie
[9:44] Sudane Erato: hi :)
[9:44] Delia Lake: good day my friends :)
[9:44] Moon Adamant: i am aware of the delay in this project
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: Yes.
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: Thanks.
[9:44] Lilith Ivory: Hi Delia :)
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2506 is the link i provided before
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: in case i am called away :)
[9:44] Moon Adamant: yes, i am there
[9:44] Jamie Palisades: Baically, om the CN project
[9:45] Jon Seattle: Hi Delia :)
[9:45] Jamie Palisades: soe work was done
[9:45] Jamie Palisades: rather elaborate stuff
[9:45] Moon Adamant: but infinished
[9:45] Moon Adamant: unfinished*
[9:45] Moon Adamant: ?
[9:45] Lilith Ivory: I apologize again for not having been able to help Sol
[9:45] Moon Adamant: hi Zaphod :)
[9:45] Moon Adamant: it's ok Lil
[9:45] Rose Springvale: hi zaphod
[9:46] Pip Torok: hi zaph (you on my lap!!:)
[9:46] Rose Springvale: and running him off? did you do that lilith? :)
[9:46] Lilith Ivory: hi zaphod
[9:46] Jamie Palisades smiles, waits
[9:46] Moon Adamant: Sol himself had major reasons that delayed him as well
[9:46] zaphod Enoch: hello everybody
[9:46] Lilith Ivory: running him off?
[9:46] Wasp Thor: Is there to be future buildings and land use in the sim
[9:46] Lilith Ivory: don´t think so hehe
[9:46] Rose Springvale sits quietly and waits for chancellor to finish
[9:46] Jon Seattle: Hi zaph
[9:46] Jamie Palisades: okay .. to complete my report from the govenment on that item ...
[9:46] Moon Adamant: yes, Jamie first
[9:47] Jamie Palisades: ... we gave the artisan several months and an extension
[9:47] Jamie Palisades: it;s not been completed and in fact there;'s been no reply for a while
[9:47] Jamie Palisades: so i'm retkaing the land and the gov't will make other arrangements
[9:47] Jamie Palisades: i.e.
[9:47] Jamie Palisades: sell it
[9:47] Jamie Palisades: any questions?
[9:48] Wasp Thor: what are the changes if any
[9:48] Pip Torok: it wont be "on sale to anybody" i hope?
[9:48] Moon Adamant: Wasp
[9:48] Wasp Thor: and why
[9:48] Moon Adamant: the land in question
[9:48] Moon Adamant: is central to the City of CN
[9:48] Moon Adamant: and so abridged by special convenants
[9:48] Moon Adamant: also
[9:49] Moon Adamant: the Exec has taken an interest in this question
[9:49] Jamie Palisades waits for moon
[9:49] Moon Adamant: because justly so of the central location
[9:49] Jamie Palisades: Pip we have two legal methods at the moment to sell
[9:49] Jamie Palisades: not to get into detail, but one is yellow map
[9:49] Jamie Palisades: and the other is the special commercial plots law\
[9:49] Jamie Palisades: plannign to use #2
[9:49] Pip Torok: tks
[9:49] Jamie Palisades: ince as Moon says, this is a strategic location
[9:49] Moon Adamant: in an effort to create a space there that complies to covenants and is also an attraction for the whole sim
[9:50] Wasp Thor: is this for commercial malls and ucch
[9:50] Wasp Thor: such
[9:50] Wasp Thor: like our souk
[9:51] Jamie Palisades: I would love it to be, Wasp, but CDS law needs to be fixed to allow it. For now the best use would be one or several tenants ho wish to do somethign commercial
[9:51] Moon Adamant: well, the land there definetely accepts a commercial use
[9:51] Moon Adamant: indeed
[9:51] Moon Adamant: well Jamie
[9:51] Moon Adamant: the best we can do
[9:51] Moon Adamant: is as always
[9:51] Wasp Thor: are we then selling it or developing it for commerce
[9:51] Moon Adamant: to be ready to discuss the matter with you
[9:52] Moon Adamant: and provide a new project if needed
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: how much detail? Wasp, we WRE developing it for commerce but that is the project which awe are disussing here as having failed when the Guild artisan did not deliver
[9:52] Jamie Palisades: sp
[9:53] Moon Adamant: yes, you see Wasp
[9:53] Jamie Palisades: now i;m going to use the government's authority, which I have for another wek or so, to get somethig else going :)
[9:53] Moon Adamant: the Guild works by volunteering
[9:53] Rose Springvale: (at least another week or so..hehe)
[9:53] Moon Adamant: the artisan volunteered to this job
[9:53] Moon Adamant: to do*
[9:53] Moon Adamant: and hasn't delivered
[9:53] Moon Adamant: so what the Guild can do
[9:53] Wasp Thor: sorry, I have a real estate mentality
[9:54] Moon Adamant: is, if so the Exec requires
[9:54] Moon Adamant: to launch the project again
[9:54] Rose Springvale: yes you do, and don't worry, we'll be using it :)
[9:54] Moon Adamant: and a new artisan to pick it
[9:54] Moon Adamant: ok... hmmmm
[9:54] Moon Adamant: building advisory committee
[9:54] zaphod Enoch: mayi ask a question
[9:55] Moon Adamant: sorry everyone, please roll the agenda down to see Jamie's post which i am now following as extraordinary points
[9:55] Moon Adamant: yes, Zaphod?
[9:55] zaphod Enoch: what is an artisian
[9:55] Moon Adamant: oh
[9:55] Moon Adamant: a hmmm
[9:55] Rose Springvale: builder
[9:55] Lilith Ivory: Künstler :)
[9:55] Moon Adamant: builder, yes
[9:55] zaphod Enoch: okay
[9:55] Moon Adamant: thanks Lil! :)
[9:55] zaphod Enoch: got it
[9:56] Moon Adamant: i don't speak german Zaph, sorry :(
[9:56] zaphod Enoch: nothing guild special ?
[9:56] Moon Adamant: no
[9:56] zaphod Enoch: okay than
[9:56] zaphod Enoch: just in the sence of meaning
[9:56] Moon Adamant: yes
[9:57] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[9:57] zaphod Enoch: go ahead than i am clered
[9:57] Moon Adamant: it's like the ecllent work you did at the biergarten
[9:57] Moon Adamant: excellent*
[9:57] zaphod Enoch: ty
[9:57] Moon Adamant: you volunteered to do it
[9:57] Moon Adamant: we accepted
[9:57] Moon Adamant: and very luckily we did!
[9:57] Moon Adamant: because it's an amazing work
[9:58] Moon Adamant: i do advise everyone to go and see it if you haven't yet
[9:58] zaphod Enoch: stop it okay
[9:58] Pip Torok: agree with Moon!
[9:58] Moon Adamant: ehehehe
[9:58] zaphod Enoch: laugh
[9:58] Moon Adamant: ok
[9:58] Moon Adamant pokes Jamie
[9:58] Delia Lake: the bottom room looks like a rl biergarten now
[9:58] Delia Lake: and an old one at that
[9:59] Rose Springvale: smile
[9:59] zaphod Enoch: its still the ones you will see in bavaria
[9:59] Lilith Ivory: I agree
[9:59] Wasp Thor: By and large is this a German based sim
[9:59] Moon Adamant: yes
[9:59] zaphod Enoch: not old traditional
[10:00] Rose Springvale: neufreistadt is german, yes
[10:00] Wasp Thor: I have a good translator hahahaha
[10:00] zaphod Enoch: not old but traditional
[10:00] Jon Seattle: Its a mix: midieval and post-modern if I remember correctly :D
[10:00] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:00] Moon Adamant: the aim of the founders was to create a hmm
[10:01] Moon Adamant: evolved urban tissue
[10:01] Lilith Ivory: isn´t it based on the city of "Rothenburg ob der Tauber"?
[10:01] Moon Adamant: yews, it is
[10:01] Moon Adamant: but the original idea
[10:01] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:01] Rose Springvale: oh my, i've been there lol. didn't recognize lol
[10:01] Moon Adamant: was that city tissues are alive
[10:01] Moon Adamant: LOL
[10:01] Wasp Thor: that was a middle age city
[10:01] zaphod Enoch: well.......................in a far,.......................yes
[10:01] Moon Adamant: never been there, so can't comment
[10:02] Moon Adamant: i am just the builder of possibly very unmatching fachwerks :)
[10:02] Wasp Thor: so like AA ity has building codes
[10:02] Moon Adamant: oh yes indeed
[10:02] Moon Adamant: all the CDS sims have detailed covenants
[10:02] Wasp Thor: good
[10:02] zaphod Enoch: its a pretty nice and very well designed and developed mediavel citty in germany
[10:03] zaphod Enoch: that is the reason i love it
[10:03] Moon Adamant: wb Jamie
[10:03] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[10:03] Moon Adamant: back to hmm tarck
[10:03] Moon Adamant: track*
[10:03] Moon Adamant: Jamie
[10:03] zaphod Enoch: yes
[10:03] Moon Adamant: building advisory committee
[10:03] Moon Adamant: i am not sure atm
[10:03] Jamie Palisades: Nothing to say really :)
[10:03] Jamie Palisades: Nice idea
[10:03] Moon Adamant: who is in there
[10:04] Jamie Palisades: requires avaulability
[10:04] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:04] Jamie Palisades: Alexi, period
[10:04] Moon Adamant: ok...
[10:04] Jamie Palisades: :) so i see no reason to change the laws
[10:04] Moon Adamant: he has been busy in RL as well
[10:04] Jon Seattle: who is on it?
[10:04] Moon Adamant: what i suggest
[10:04] Moon Adamant: Alex, Jon
[10:04] Moon Adamant: only
[10:04] Jamie Palisades: but will suggest that in future terms the government only use them when they exist
[10:04] Moon Adamant: is that we recruit
[10:04] Moon Adamant: more members
[10:05] Moon Adamant: so that we can provide at any time the two advisors that it requires
[10:05] Jamie Palisades: really? Jon, i am not sure i was notified of your being on the panel. In any case it;s a limited consultative function, mostly invoked by some sim covenants
[10:05] Moon Adamant: and yes Jamie
[10:05] Moon Adamant: no lol
[10:06] Moon Adamant: i was answering 'Alex' to Jon lol
[10:06] Jamie Palisades chuckles & nods
[10:06] Jon Seattle: hehe.. no I am not on it :)
[10:06] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:06] Moon Adamant: AA and CDS land masses and textures
[10:06] Moon Adamant: i am glad that my textures helped
[10:07] Moon Adamant: let me know if more are needed
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: again, being handled
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: and thanks
[10:07] Moon Adamant: also, very good analysis done by Timo on that
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: and in the new term there may be some questions to put to the guild for advice
[10:07] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:07] Moon Adamant: we will be here
[10:07] Jamie Palisades: yes, Timo was helpful in sorting out how to reconcile LA and the Monastery
[10:08] Jamie Palisades: and acts for the guild in that capacity, i think
[10:08] Moon Adamant: oh, he does lol
[10:08] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:08] Moon Adamant: now this seams nicely into
[10:08] Moon Adamant: possibly the Guild's biggest project
[10:08] Moon Adamant: which is the General Master Plan od the CDS
[10:08] Moon Adamant: or GMP
[10:09] Moon Adamant: and which brings us back into the ordinary points of the agenda
[10:09] Moon Adamant: i am head of the GMP workgroup
[10:09] Moon Adamant: as you may reckon, work hasn't been done of late
[10:09] Moon Adamant: my fault only
[10:10] Moon Adamant: last work done was the study of the merger between AA and the CDS in terms of land
[10:10] Moon Adamant: nowe
[10:10] Moon Adamant: now*
[10:10] Moon Adamant: i intend that work carries on this
[10:10] Moon Adamant: with completion of the plans
[10:10] Moon Adamant: we are atm
[10:11] Moon Adamant: at the phase of developing the terrain hmmm
[10:11] Moon Adamant: i wouldn't say shape
[10:11] Moon Adamant: because that will be defined for each sim
[10:11] Moon Adamant: in due time
[10:11] Moon Adamant: but max and min heights
[10:11] Moon Adamant: for that
[10:12] Moon Adamant: i need that someone programs us something
[10:12] Rose Springvale: moon, i'm lost
[10:12] Moon Adamant: i'll prod the usual victims :)
[10:12] Moon Adamant: oh Rose
[10:12] Moon Adamant: where?
[10:12] Rose Springvale: what terrain are we devloping?
[10:12] Moon Adamant: well, not developing
[10:12] Jon Seattle: what needs programming?
[10:12] Moon Adamant: but previewing
[10:13] Moon Adamant: the rest of the GMP
[10:13] Moon Adamant: south and west bits
[10:13] Rose Springvale: oh, ok, i thought you were talking about the AA sims
[10:13] Moon Adamant: no no no
[10:13] Moon Adamant: what needs programming? asks one of teh usual victims :)
[10:13] Jon Seattle: hehe
[10:13] Moon Adamant: i need a program
[10:13] Moon Adamant: that converts a .raw file
[10:14] Moon Adamant: into isolevels
[10:14] Moon Adamant: preferrably
[10:14] Moon Adamant: letting me define
[10:14] Moon Adamant: what is the difference between isolevels
[10:14] Moon Adamant: ex: 25 m, 50 m
[10:14] Moon Adamant: the reason for this
[10:14] Pip Torok: moon imo its an idea to point AA citizens to any GMP presentation currently "up"
[10:14] Jon Seattle: nods.. the breakpoints
[10:14] Moon Adamant: is that NFS terrain is VERY tricky
[10:15] Moon Adamant: and we need to know it well
[10:15] Moon Adamant: so we can plan the sims around it
[10:15] Moon Adamant: Pip, that is a very good idea
[10:15] Moon Adamant: untill a few days ago
[10:16] Moon Adamant: such an exhibition was available at the CN sandbox
[10:16] Moon Adamant: but it was requested that the sandbox was freed
[10:16] Moon Adamant: so i'll put it somewhere else
[10:16] Moon Adamant: and will announce it
[10:16] Jamie Palisades: hmmmmm Moon, a question?
[10:16] Moon Adamant makes a note
[10:16] Moon Adamant: yes?
[10:16] Pip Torok: the Schloss perhaps?
[10:17] Moon Adamant: dunno Pip, have to see
[10:17] Moon Adamant: yes, Jamie?
[10:17] zaphod Enoch: change it inot a castle and it will fit
[10:17] zaphod Enoch: laugh
[10:17] Moon Adamant: ehehehe
[10:17] Jamie Palisades: how much detail are you planning? I aske because as it, the GMP sets somne paramters for new sim slots but does not actually dictate terraforming - nor do I think it should actually
[10:18] Jamie Palisades: rather, we have a general shape and elevation for a map coordinate
[10:18] Moon Adamant: just max and min heights~
[10:18] Jamie Palisades: and then a plan like arri's fulfills it and adds detail
[10:18] Moon Adamant: ´specially at corners
[10:18] Moon Adamant: oh, yes, i agree
[10:18] Pip Torok: agree with Jamie
[10:18] Moon Adamant: i totally agree
[10:19] Moon Adamant: each sim must have its own terrain in detail
[10:19] Jon Seattle: just to avoid those sudden 100m jumps :)
[10:19] Moon Adamant: when it is planned
[10:19] Moon Adamant: yes, Jon
[10:19] Moon Adamant: that's the reason
[10:19] Moon Adamant: to feel more or less how the mountains are resolved down into plains at south
[10:19] Moon Adamant: and mainly
[10:20] Delia Lake: yes, it's very strange to be on one sim and be looking at the underside of another sim
[10:20] Moon Adamant: to see how exactly NFS-East and West
[10:20] Moon Adamant: fit in with NFS
[10:20] Moon Adamant: because NFS
[10:20] Moon Adamant: has a very tricky terrain
[10:20] Moon Adamant: and that's the more hmmm
[10:20] Moon Adamant: constraining points
[10:21] Moon Adamant: the design of NFS-East
[10:21] Moon Adamant: specially
[10:21] Moon Adamant: will require a very good understanding of the terrain
[10:22] Moon Adamant: since it is previewed that we expand the city in that direction
[10:22] Moon Adamant: anyway
[10:22] Moon Adamant: i need a programming victim er volunteer :9
[10:22] zaphod Enoch: village
[10:22] zaphod Enoch: not city yet
[10:23] zaphod Enoch: smile
[10:23] Moon Adamant: city= usual name for NFS :)
[10:23] zaphod Enoch: okay
[10:23] Moon Adamant: back from the times when we were just the City of Neufreistadt
[10:23] Pip Torok: the walls give nfs that extra "cachet" ,,, L)
[10:23] Moon Adamant: :)
[10:23] zaphod Enoch: but its a village
[10:23] zaphod Enoch: in my opinion
[10:24] Moon Adamant: lol, possibly
[10:24] zaphod Enoch: true
[10:24] Moon Adamant: but use makes rule, you know :)
[10:24] zaphod Enoch: with the walls it has the rights to be called like that
[10:24] Jon Seattle: hehe .. I am told in the UK the definition of a city is any location with a catedral .. some are very small!
[10:25] Moon Adamant: interesting
[10:25] Moon Adamant: i am thinking
[10:25] Pip Torok: there you are then ... QED! ;)
[10:25] Moon Adamant: here it may have been the rule too for centuries
[10:25] zaphod Enoch: in germany the walls was the main thing
[10:25] Moon Adamant: oh, here almost everything bigger than a hamlet has walls
[10:26] zaphod Enoch: if a settlement was called a city it had to build walls
[10:26] Moon Adamant: but in Middle Ages and until quite recently we had very few cities
[10:26] Moon Adamant: and maybe that's the reason
[10:26] Moon Adamant: anyway
[10:26] Sudane Erato: sorry... must go to another meeting :(
[10:26] zaphod Enoch: and was under the cover of the castle owner
[10:26] Moon Adamant: ok, dear, np :)
[10:26] Moon Adamant: have fun!
[10:26] Sudane Erato: bye all :)
[10:26] Moon Adamant: bye :)
[10:26] Delia Lake: bye Sudane
[10:26] Pip Torok: bye Sudane
[10:27] Moon Adamant: back to agenda
[10:27] Moon Adamant: last point
[10:27] Moon Adamant: Info centre: business directory
[10:27] Moon Adamant: now, anyone here who can inform about this?
[10:27] Jon Seattle: Bye Sudane :)
[10:27] Moon Adamant: because i am completely in the dark in this matter
[10:27] Moon Adamant: Rose?
[10:27] Rose Springvale: hmmhmm
[10:28] Rose Springvale: brians project i think
[10:28] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:28] Rose Springvale: i think brian is going to be very busy .. with grad school
[10:28] Moon Adamant: ah yes
[10:28] Moon Adamant: end of semester
[10:28] Moon Adamant: i'll ask him, np
[10:28] Rose Springvale: and we might want to see what cindy comes up with for tools she is using for RA
[10:29] Pip Torok: presumably brians job-descritption will have widened somewhat ...
[10:29] Rose Springvale: she's got a bunch of new things
[10:29] Moon Adamant: yes, she has talked to me already
[10:29] Rose Springvale: good
[10:29] Rose Springvale: brians job description?
[10:29] Moon Adamant: i am going to meet with her tomorrow
[10:29] Pip Torok: to include AA now, rose
[10:30] Moon Adamant: mainly hmm adjusting the Praetorium layout and furnishing
[10:30] Rose Springvale: oh, well we have things in AA that should be reviewed, of course, but i don't see how the job descriptions change
[10:30] Pip Torok: i stand corrected ...
[10:30] Moon Adamant: well, the info tool is suppose dto be versatile enough to adjust
[10:31] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:31] Rose Springvale: of course all the Exec team will be subject to change after the chancellor election
[10:31] Moon Adamant: eheheh
[10:31] Moon Adamant: and maybe also the Board of the Guild!
[10:31] Moon Adamant: :)
[10:31] Moon Adamant: i mean, the Secretary :)
[10:31] Rose Springvale: :)
[10:32] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[10:32] Moon Adamant: we are done with agenda
[10:32] Moon Adamant: i would just like to apologize again
[10:32] Rose Springvale: moon?
[10:32] Moon Adamant: for my recent unavailability
[10:32] Moon Adamant: yes?
[10:32] Rose Springvale: i've got one thing if i can?
[10:32] Moon Adamant: of course!
[10:32] Moon Adamant listens
[10:32] Wasp Thor: I want to tank you all for the lovely meeting....I just got out of the hospital and I have to take my meds and lie down
[10:33] Wasp Thor: thank you all
[10:33] Moon Adamant: oh Wasp, take care!
[10:33] Rose Springvale: yes wasp, thanks for being here
[10:33] Rose Springvale: you were a trooper!
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: was nice to meet you Wasp :)
[10:33] Moon Adamant: thank you, please come back again
[10:33] Wasp Thor: thank you
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: hope to see you soon
[10:33] Moon Adamant: and feel better!
[10:33] Wasp Thor: I learned a lot
[10:33] Jon Seattle: Thanks Wasp :)
[10:34] Wasp Thor: bye for now
[10:34] Moon Adamant: bye :)
[10:34] Lilith Ivory: bye
[10:34] Rose Springvale: okay
[10:34] Moon Adamant: Rosie :)
[10:34] Rose Springvale: a few weeks ago i had a preliminatry meeting on Oktoberfest
[10:34] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:34] Rose Springvale: ASSUMING we don't have a new sim to hold it in...
[10:34] Rose Springvale: we need to be very cognizant of prims
[10:34] Moon Adamant: hmm, seems unlikely, yes
[10:34] Moon Adamant: yes, i DO know
[10:34] Rose Springvale: one of the things we looked at was our market tables. well, we COULD moon...hehe
[10:35] Moon Adamant: ok lol
[10:35] Moon Adamant: you want new tables? :)
[10:35] Rose Springvale: what i want
[10:35] Rose Springvale: is a CDS design that is ours
[10:35] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:35] Rose Springvale: we have used Kendras
[10:35] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:35] Rose Springvale: i have some from the Orange day
[10:35] Rose Springvale: but they all have more prims than they need to
[10:35] Moon Adamant: it can be done easily with sculpts
[10:35] Rose Springvale: Sonja found a cart, yes
[10:35] Rose Springvale: so i thought maybe the guild could help?
[10:35] Moon Adamant: which can reduce the prim load considerably
[10:35] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:36] Moon Adamant: i can possibly help personally
[10:36] Rose Springvale: okay, just wanted to get my request in early
[10:36] Moon Adamant: send me one of Kendra's tent, please?
[10:36] Moon Adamant: tents*
[10:36] Rose Springvale: we run out of time in september. i can rez it moon, but it's no transfer
[10:36] Rose Springvale: you have my mod rights
[10:36] Moon Adamant: ah, ok
[10:36] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[10:36] Rose Springvale: that's why we need a cds build
[10:36] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:37] Moon Adamant: let's do this
[10:37] Moon Adamant: the sandbox in CN is taken atm, i think
[10:37] Rose Springvale: we've got lots of land
[10:37] Moon Adamant: please rez it on a schoolroom
[10:37] Rose Springvale: AA has room
[10:37] Rose Springvale: ah
[10:37] Rose Springvale: okay
[10:37] Moon Adamant: so i can look at it
[10:37] Moon Adamant: i mean, i have SEEN them lol
[10:37] Rose Springvale: i'll put the three i have up there than
[10:37] Rose Springvale: then
[10:38] Moon Adamant: but not maybe with full atention
[10:38] Rose Springvale: and you can see what works best
[10:38] Moon Adamant: ok, thanks
[10:38] Pip Torok: ive just im'd danton ... he has attchment reading probs and wonders if anytone else has ...
[10:38] Moon Adamant: hmmm, no
[10:38] Moon Adamant: at least, not some hours ago
[10:38] Rose Springvale: i'm just laggy
[10:39] Lilith Ivory: I´ve problems with wearing clothes since two week
[10:39] Rose Springvale accepted your inventory offer.
[10:39] Pip Torok: thats what i said (hed downloaded the latest SL reader on a relatives PC ... "say no more!" ...
[10:39] Moon Adamant: btw Rose... i was sent this, but this is events-related
[10:39] Rose Springvale: okay, thanks
[10:39] Moon Adamant: maybe it's more use to you than to me
[10:39] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:39] Moon Adamant: ok guys
[10:39] Moon Adamant: any other business?
[10:40] zaphod Enoch: may i say something
[10:40] Moon Adamant: of course
[10:40] Moon Adamant listens
[10:40] zaphod Enoch: okay the locaation for the the nfs cis ready
[10:41] Rose Springvale: cis?
[10:41] zaphod Enoch: consulate
[10:41] Jamie Palisades: consulate :)
[10:41] zaphod Enoch: i meant
[10:41] Moon Adamant: oh
[10:41] Moon Adamant: where, btw?
[10:41] Moon Adamant: <--- ignorant woman
[10:41] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[10:41] zaphod Enoch: now i have to fill it with life therefore i do need your help
[10:42] zaphod Enoch: in munichsl
[10:42] Moon Adamant: ah, ok
[10:42] Rose Springvale: zaphod, i will help .. just need to get back home where my connection is better
[10:42] Moon Adamant: yes, that's Rose's speciality :)
[10:43] zaphod Enoch: it is us to fill it but i am pretty new and do not know what to fill it with
[10:43] Jamie Palisades: i expect that handling consulates will be an early issue for our new RA and government after their first meeting.
[10:43] Moon Adamant: yes jamie
[10:43] zaphod Enoch: okay thanks rose
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: I can help you Rose
[10:43] Rose Springvale: great Lilith :)
[10:43] Lilith Ivory: should have building rights in MunichSL already
[10:43] Rose Springvale: lets chat first of the week?
[10:43] zaphod Enoch: you all figure it it out and than let me know okay ?!
[10:44] Moon Adamant: :)
[10:44] Rose Springvale: smile, send us the landmark ?
[10:44] zaphod Enoch: okay
[10:44] zaphod Enoch: i will do tomorow
[10:44] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:44] Moon Adamant: ah btw
[10:44] Moon Adamant: before i forget
[10:45] Moon Adamant: during these two last weeks
[10:45] Moon Adamant: i have been giving an intensive course on SL building iRL
[10:45] Moon Adamant: which means that *at last*
[10:45] Moon Adamant: i have the stuff structured
[10:45] Pip Torok getting interested
[10:45] Moon Adamant: so i am planning
[10:45] Moon Adamant: when i can
[10:46] Moon Adamant: to give building lessons for the guild
[10:46] Jon Seattle: (hehe .. is trying to figure out how to give a course on SL building in RL :) )
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: :)
[10:46] Moon Adamant: ehehe some of it was hard :P
[10:46] Pip Torok: now now! :)
[10:46] Moon Adamant: specially scripts
[10:46] zaphod Enoch: we do have a school for that in munichsl giving courses
[10:46] Moon Adamant: well, yes Zaph
[10:47] Moon Adamant: but it is also a Guild's mission
[10:47] Moon Adamant: to provide that within the CDS
[10:47] zaphod Enoch: should be done here
[10:47] Jon Seattle: yes
[10:47] Moon Adamant: i am going to review the manuals now heavily
[10:47] Lilith Ivory: hi Sonja :)
[10:47] Pip Torok: hi sonie!
[10:47] Moon Adamant: and will let you know
[10:47] Jon Seattle: Well, moon is putting together an amazing amount of material for the course she is teaching..
[10:47] Sonja Strom: hi everybody :-)
[10:47] Moon Adamant: hi Sonja :)
[10:48] Moon Adamant: bad luck though
[10:48] Jon Seattle: Hi Sonja :)
[10:48] Moon Adamant: we are just finishing
[10:48] zaphod Enoch: hallo sonja
[10:48] Rose Springvale: bad luck .. or good timing... hehe
[10:48] Rose Springvale: depending on how one feels about meetings!
[10:48] Moon Adamant: i was going to call for adjournment now
[10:48] Rose Springvale: smile
[10:48] Moon Adamant: any issue, Sonja?
[10:48] Rose Springvale: i just got a new dog, maybe i'll name it adjournment...
[10:48] zaphod Enoch: the school idea is a great idea
[10:49] Jamie Palisades smles, nods, waves
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: heheh Rose
[10:49] Sonja Strom: oh sorry, I thought the meeting would start at 11 a.m. SLT
[10:49] Moon Adamant: bye Jamie, thanks!
[10:49] Jamie Palisades smiles and waves
[10:49] Pip Torok: or "procrastination" ... <mischievous>
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: bye Jamie :)
[10:49] Jon Seattle: Bye Jamie :)
[10:49] Rose Springvale: bye jamie :) busy guy
[10:49] Delia Lake: bye Jamie
[10:49] Moon Adamant: i took advantage of no RA today
[10:49] Pip Torok: bye jamie
[10:49] Sonja Strom: bye Jamie
[10:49] Moon Adamant: to hold it a bit earlier
[10:49] Sonja Strom: ok
[10:49] zaphod Enoch: it will bring a lot of people
[10:49] Rose Springvale: it would be great if RA keeps 7 am as their time,
[10:50] zaphod Enoch: and traffic
[10:50] Rose Springvale: and we could have 9
[10:50] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:50] Moon Adamant: it would be great for me
[10:50] Sonja Strom: ah, I see that time at the bottom of Moon's forum post now.
[10:50] Pip Torok: wd suit the europeans!
[10:50] Rose Springvale: and we could be done before noon!
[10:50] Moon Adamant: because i am SUPPOSED to do a 40 min walk every day
[10:51] Sonja Strom: walking is good :)
[10:51] Rose Springvale: well the only ones it would be tough on are the pacific people
[10:51] Moon Adamant: and you can't walk in Portugal at this time of the year except at early morning and sunset
[10:51] Rose Springvale: doubt we'd get xinoxi
[10:51] Pip Torok feels suddenly guilty ... L(
[10:51] Rose Springvale: she's in hawaii!
[10:51] zaphod Enoch: thanks for supporting the europeans
[10:52] Sonja Strom: I could mention one small thing, and if anybody wants to they can talk with me about it after the meeting...
[10:52] Moon Adamant: ok, shoot
[10:52] zaphod Enoch: thanks for the meeting
[10:52] Moon Adamant: thank you Zaph :)
[10:52] Sonja Strom: The Rathaus in NFS has parts of it coming off.
[10:52] Jon Seattle: perhaps we could all adopt global civilization time (GCT) and forget about the actual position of the sun :)
[10:52] Pip Torok: ??!
[10:52] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:53] Moon Adamant: it also has excess primmage
[10:53] Sonja Strom: I think it would be good to talk about what to do with it.
[10:53] Moon Adamant: indeed
[10:53] Moon Adamant: it has long been
[10:53] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[10:53] Delia Lake: some of us are already on a functional GCT time it seems
[10:53] Moon Adamant: my intention
[10:53] Sonja Strom: But that conversation doesn't have to be right now.
[10:53] Moon Adamant: to ask for a Rathaus rebuild
[10:53] zaphod Enoch: well we could but not about our normal lifestyle when to go to bed and when to be awake
[10:53] Moon Adamant: yes
[10:53] Moon Adamant: Sonja
[10:54] zaphod Enoch: and we do have a global time with gmc
[10:54] Moon Adamant: let's get the new RA, Exec and Secretary of the Board settled down
[10:54] zaphod Enoch: alredy
[10:54] Moon Adamant: and we will see about that
[10:54] Sonja Strom: ok, sounds good.
[10:54] Rose Springvale: i'm going to push for a change in election dates, i'll warn you all now!
[10:54] Moon Adamant: oh?
[10:54] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:54] Pip Torok hopes there'll still be one then!
[10:54] Moon Adamant: which elections and what dates?
[10:54] Rose Springvale: we have our elections at really inconvenient rl times
[10:54] Sonja Strom: I think that could be a good idea.
[10:54] Moon Adamant: ah
[10:55] Rose Springvale: i'd like to move them all forward a quarter
[10:55] Moon Adamant: yes, Xmas time is not very good for campaigning...
[10:55] Rose Springvale: get away from christmas and summer holidays
[10:55] Moon Adamant: mind elsewhere...
[10:55] Lilith Ivory: great idea Rose
[10:55] Rose Springvale: we only had 39 people vote i think in this election
[10:55] Jon Seattle: I had better run.. very nice to see everyone :)
[10:55] Pip Torok: on the equinoxes maybe?
[10:55] Moon Adamant: thank you Jon!
[10:55] Sonja Strom: bye Jon
[10:55] Lilith Ivory: bye Jon :)
[10:56] zaphod Enoch: see you jon
[10:56] Pip Torok: bye jon ..
[10:56] Moon Adamant: ivoted!
[10:56] Rose Springvale: well, i didn't of course, but that' was unusal
[10:56] Moon Adamant: LOL
[10:56] Rose Springvale: i just dont' understand why people are in a virtual democracy and don't lol. so i am convinced it is the time
[10:57] Moon Adamant: maybe we should arrange a method of e-mail voting as well
[10:57] Rose Springvale: well,
[10:57] Moon Adamant: for extraordinary circunstances
[10:57] Pip Torok: imo for some avatars we are just yellow spots on a map!
[10:57] Sonja Strom: It seems like the CDS forum is slower at Christmastime and mid-summer.
[10:57] Rose Springvale: i think they have that
[10:57] Rose Springvale: absentee ballot moon
[10:57] Moon Adamant: yes, exactly
[10:57] Rose Springvale: yes sonja, i agree
[10:57] Moon Adamant: my english is terrible today
[10:57] Rose Springvale: so if we move forward three months, all else the same...
[10:58] Rose Springvale: we get better turnout and more people running i think
[10:58] Moon Adamant: well, do bug them :)
[10:58] Moon Adamant: they like it, you know :)
[10:58] Moon Adamant: ok
[10:58] Rose Springvale: lol
[10:58] zaphod Enoch: my agreement
[10:58] Moon Adamant: move to adjourn
[10:58] Pip Torok: equinoxes then ... good reasons to celebrate btw ...
[10:59] Pip Torok: seconded
[10:59] zaphod Enoch: party pip
[10:59] Moon Adamant: ok, motion to adjourn on the table... say aye if you agree with adjourning
[10:59] Pip Torok: aye
[10:59] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:59] Sonja Strom: aye
[10:59] zaphod Enoch: aye
[11:00] Moon Adamant: Delia, Rose?
[11:00] Delia Lake: aye
[11:00] Rose Springvale: aye
[11:00] Rose Springvale: sorry
[11:00] Rose Springvale: arguing
[11:00] Rose Springvale: lol
[11:00] Rose Springvale: in im
[11:00] Moon Adamant: and aye as well
[11:00] Rose Springvale: my life
[11:00] Moon Adamant: LOL
[11:00] Sonja Strom: lol
[11:00] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[11:00] Moon Adamant: thank you everyone
[11:00] Moon Adamant: it's good to be back :)
[11:00] Rose Springvale: thanks Moon
[11:00] Sonja Strom: welcome back Moon :)
[11:01] Pip Torok: yes wb
[11:01] Moon Adamant: afk while transcripting
[11:01] Moon Adamant: thanks! :)

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”