Board Guild Meeting 23rd Aug 2009 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 801
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Guild Meeting 23rd Aug 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[11:16] Moon Adamant: in any case, let's start
[11:17] Moon Adamant: please remember this meeting is transcripted
[11:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn agrees to be transcripted :)
[11:17] Brian Livingston is having a lazy sunday
[11:17] Moon Adamant: welcome, Kara
[11:17] Brian Livingston agrees to being transcripted
[11:17] Kara Spengler: nice to be here
[11:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Welcome indeed :)
[11:17] Moon Adamant: Kara, for further info about the New Guild
[11:18] Moon Adamant: please check our forum at the CDS forums
[11:18] Moon Adamant: i'd give you the link, only i am afraid to turn on yet another program in this connection :(
[11:18] Kara Spengler: have it bookmarked
[11:18] Moon Adamant: ok, great then :)
[11:19] Moon Adamant: ok... Brian
[11:19] Brian Livingston: Hiya :)
[11:19] Moon Adamant: report on info thingy, please :)
[11:19] Brian Livingston: Infothingy workgroup albeit has been a bit stalled on construction due to my own connection issues
[11:19] Moon Adamant nods
[11:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I hope those improve, brian...
[11:19] Brian Livingston: However, to my left is the most recent prototype, using the MTXserverfor distributed content distribution
[11:20] Moon Adamant: i like it
[11:20] Moon Adamant: simple and clean
[11:20] Brian Livingston: From one location, authorized persons can upload images and attached items to all connected devces
[11:20] Lilith Ivory: looks very impressing
[11:20] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh nice effects :)
[11:20] Brian Livingston: Each image can be linked to one object - LM, notecard, or whatnot to be distributed
[11:20] Brian Livingston: Without messing wiht notecards!
[11:20] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Wow excellent work, Brian!!!
[11:21] Brian Livingston: setting notecards mind you
[11:21] Moon Adamant: yay :)
[11:21] Moon Adamant: excellent indeed :))
[11:21] Sonja Strom: That looks really great!
[11:21] Brian Livingston: All that is done is in the titling of the image and givfeaway object. For example, the events ad image is listed as 01_events, and the giveaway notecard is 01_events for this week
[11:22] Brian Livingston: the shopping is 02_shopping and its notecard is 02_The shoppes of the CDS
[11:22] Brian Livingston: etc, etc.
[11:22] Moon Adamant: this is looking very good Brian :)
[11:22] Brian Livingston: So it's easy to update and change hte contet, as long as you can use the content tab of the edit tool
[11:22] Moon Adamant: can you also write documentation for it later when you have the final version?
[11:22] Moon Adamant: so that PIO team can update it at will?
[11:23] Brian Livingston: In terms of design aesthetics, this is sorta universal design. There was some debate i nthe wg about either having a universal design of individual themed designs.
[11:23] Moon Adamant: i like this simple design~
[11:23] Brian Livingston: Personally, I support a universal design across all themes to create an easily identifiable device for visiotrs and citizsens alike to increase usability and utility
[11:23] Moon Adamant: i quite agree
[11:24] Brian Livingston: I have documentation written up if anyone is interested.
[11:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I would agree too...
[11:24] Moon Adamant: good :)
[11:24] Brian Livingston: So, a few steps to go.
[11:24] Moon Adamant: well, the documentation is really for the PIO team
[11:24] Moon Adamant: and maybe Exec and Treasurer - i don't know who sets the land for sale process atm
[11:25] Brian Livingston: 1) I need to finalize the design. Any duggestions would be greatly appreciated - buttons to be added or removed, retitled, whatn ot. Colors - Good? No? Size: I'm a rabbit so it works well for me :p
[11:25] Brian Livingston: 2) Testing - I need others to try everything. Try to break the damn thing. I'll put one in my shop i nCN and one in my home in NFS
[11:25] Sonja Strom: hehee
[11:25] Brian Livingston: Try to find glithces, odd quirks, anything that should be smoothed out before it gets rolled our
[11:25] Brian Livingston: out*
[11:25] Moon Adamant: can anyone help Brian betatest?
[11:26] Sonja Strom: me
[11:26] Moon Adamant: thanks Sonja :)
[11:26] Lilith Ivory: hehe I´ll try to break it also ;-)
[11:26] Moon Adamant: i am a disgrace at betatesting things lol
[11:26] Brian Livingston: it will take everyone about a minute to do, jsut play around with it and send me a notecard with your thoughts, preferably titlede InfoCenter thoughts or something similar
[11:26] Sonja Strom: maybe between the two of us we can break it
[11:26] Moon Adamant: ok, thanks lil and Sonja
[11:26] Moon Adamant: and thanks Brian - this is looking very good :)
[11:27] Brian Livingston: 3) Formal presentation to the Guild, at which point they submit to the CDS
[11:27] Sonja Strom: It looks great.
[11:27] Moon Adamant: ok
[11:27] Moon Adamant: warn me when you have it ready so i can put in agenda, then :)
[11:27] Brian Livingston: A sub point though... the MTX server wasn't free. I was happy to fron the $L as I will use it even if the CDS decides not to go this direction, but there should be a development cost assesed to the CDS government, or a tleast considered.
[11:28] Moon Adamant: ok
[11:28] Brian Livingston: Simialr to sim building efforts
[11:28] Moon Adamant: when we do the final approving, we'll put the server cost into the bill :P
[11:28] Brian Livingston: Anywho, I think I'm done with my report. Any questions, comments, tomatoes to be hurled at me?
[11:28] Moon Adamant: lol no tomatoes
[11:29] Sonja Strom tosses a bag of carrots to Brian
[11:29] Brian Livingston: Oh, BTW, this thing is only 9 prims and is expandible to well above 100+ units
[11:29] Brian Livingston: Yea scalability
[11:29] Moon Adamant: :)
[11:29] Kara Spengler: LOL ... am eating a bag of carrots right now :)
[11:29] Brian Livingston is truely doen now ;P
[11:29] Brian Livingston: done*
[11:29] Kara Spengler: [in RL that is]
[11:29] Moon Adamant: ok
[11:29] Lilith Ivory: are you a rabbit in RL?
[11:29] Brian Livingston waves a thanks to Sonja
[11:30] Moon Adamant: any question or can we move forward?
[11:30] Moon Adamant: lol Lil
[11:30] Moon Adamant: of course he is :P
[11:30] Sonja Strom: :P
[11:30] Moon Adamant: he use dto be a koala, but that's genetic engineering for you
[11:30] Brian Livingston: Stood too close to the Microwave oven
[11:30] Junius Inaka: hello
[11:30] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[11:30] Brian Livingston: Hiya Junius
[11:30] Sonja Strom: Hi Junius
[11:30] Sonja Strom: Welcome
[11:30] Kara Spengler: Lilith: I prefer to keep healthy snacks in my apartment, if they are not available I will start snacking on the chocolate and stuff my partner keeps around
[11:30] Lilith Ivory: Hi Juius
[11:31] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[11:31] Moon Adamant: hi Junius
[11:31] Moon Adamant: please remind that this meeting is transcripted :)
[11:31] Sonja Strom is helpless in the face of available chocolate
[11:31] Moon Adamant: we have an informal agenda today
[11:31] Kara Spengler: [getting me 1) yelled at and 2) gaining wait for eating bad]
[11:31] Moon Adamant: i'll do the rest of the reports on pending work... simple there - no progress
[11:32] Sonja Strom: lol
[11:32] Moon Adamant: i am still looking for a scripter :P
[11:32] Moon Adamant: Rose is looking for one too, more on the GMP when we solve this out
[11:32] Moon Adamant: Sonja, your points, please?
[11:32] Sonja Strom: thank you
[11:33] Sonja Strom: My item 1 is, I think it would be good for there to be an Assistant Chairperson of the Guild.
[11:33] Sonja Strom: Partly this would be so they could help hold Guild meetings when the Chairperson can not be here, working together with the Chairperson of course.
[11:33] Sonja Strom: thanks
[11:33] Moon Adamant: ok, that has been suggested before
[11:33] Moon Adamant: hmmm
[11:34] Moon Adamant: it was just before the elections, so it was put on hold till the elections were gone, including the Board Secretary one
[11:34] Moon Adamant: now
[11:34] Moon Adamant: it can be discussed again, there is just the question that
[11:35] Moon Adamant: our Charter must be changed to incorporate that new role
[11:35] Moon Adamant: so, if anyone would like to suggest the wording for that
[11:35] Moon Adamant: i would gladly hold the vote on it and defend it if passed with the RA
[11:36] Moon Adamant: just a point about the wording:
[11:36] Moon Adamant: the Assistant Chair must be elected as well, i think
[11:36] Moon Adamant: since all other roles are so
[11:36] Moon Adamant: what do you think?
[11:36] Sonja Strom: I can help to come up with new wording.
[11:37] Moon Adamant: thanks :)
[11:37] Sonja Strom: I can't find the Guild Charter at the moment.
[11:37] Moon Adamant: oh
[11:37] Moon Adamant: it's a sticky on our forum
[11:37] Sonja Strom: If it would be helpful I could sponsor a bill in the RA for it too.
[11:38] Moon Adamant: ok, thanks - i don't know if a bill is needed but i would surely appreciate your presentation of the revised Charter at the RA
[11:38] Sonja Strom: I see, yes, thanks, it is here
[11:38] Sonja Strom: Sure I can do that.
[11:38] Moon Adamant: in fact i would be glad to shed a bit of the load
[11:38] Moon Adamant: specially as professional life is a bit tricky atm
[11:39] Moon Adamant: and i don't know how will it go in the next trimester :(
[11:39] Sonja Strom: I understand completely -
[11:39] Sonja Strom: there is no reason for anyone here to have to do everything by themselves.
[11:40] Moon Adamant: ok
[11:40] Moon Adamant: thanks then
[11:41] Moon Adamant: if you need help with the text, send me an email and will gladly help
[11:41] Moon Adamant: now, you said you had two points
[11:41] Sonja Strom: How about this addition to the Charter: "16b. An Assistant Secretary is also elected to help the Secretary." ?
[11:42] Moon Adamant: well, i think it will have to describe the functions too
[11:43] Sonja Strom: ok, maybe "16b. An Assistant Secretary is also elected to help the Secretary with all the same functions of the role of Secretary. ?
[11:43] Moon Adamant: fine by me
[11:43] Brian Livingston: All the same functions? Are there any functions that should be restricted to the Secretary?
[11:43] Moon Adamant: i only don't vote it today because i want it discussed a bit
[11:43] Brian Livingston: I would limit the Assistant's role to calling meetings, determining Quorurm, and holding votes within the meeting
[11:44] Moon Adamant: hmmm, i don't have an opinion on that Brian
[11:44] Moon Adamant: maybe we should call a forum discussion on this?
[11:44] Sonja Strom: I could see that, yes
[11:44] Brian Livingston: And all decisions/actions of hte Assistant should be subject to the override of the Secretary
[11:44] Sonja Strom: ok
[11:44] Sonja Strom: I can start a thread if there is not one.
[11:44] Sonja Strom: Good idea :-)
[11:44] Moon Adamant: thanks Sonja
[11:44] Moon Adamant: i would really like that
[11:45] Sonja Strom: I think there should be something in point 19 too,
[11:45] Moon Adamant: because though we have quorum for voting today
[11:45] Sonja Strom: about being able to recall them.
[11:45] Moon Adamant: we don't have enough representativity for deciding such a matter - my opinion
[11:45] Moon Adamant: maybe we should review the quorums as well
[11:45] Sonja Strom: I can see that, yes
[11:45] Sonja Strom: Makes sense
[11:46] Sonja Strom: ok, actually I have 3 items for today, if we have time for them.
[11:46] Brian Livingston: And if you recall the Secretary, is the assistant automatically recalled or automtaically moved up to the Secretary spot or simply stays put? Are the elections seperate for Secretary and Assistant or is it determined by 1st and 2nd place in votes, or is a pltform based system (not suggested in this context).
[11:46] Moon Adamant: THOUGH it is always risky to re-define forums, because you may have trouble reaching quorum later
[11:46] Brian Livingston: I really like hte idea, just a few questions for thoughts
[11:46] Sonja Strom: Good points, all.
[11:47] Moon Adamant: hmmm, Brian is right
[11:47] Moon Adamant: those are GOOD points
[11:47] Sonja Strom: I think let's move this discussion to the CDS Forum.
[11:47] Sonja Strom: For now.
[11:47] Brian Livingston: *nods* Certainly
[11:47] Sonja Strom: Thanks!
[11:47] Moon Adamant: i would say that the Secreatry would move to interim Secretary, but i think the elections should be separate
[11:47] Moon Adamant: ok, agree with Sonja
[11:47] Sonja Strom: thanks
[11:47] Moon Adamant: assistant*
[11:47] Sonja Strom: My item 2 is, some of zaphod's work in the Biergarten was returned to him, to his Lost and Found folder.
[11:48] Moon Adamant: oh?
[11:48] Moon Adamant: when?
[11:48] Sonja Strom: He was away on business,
[11:48] Sonja Strom: and came back 2 days ago, and found it that way.
[11:48] Sonja Strom: He asked me for help with it. We have not been able figure out how this happened.
[11:48] Moon Adamant: :(
[11:48] Sonja Strom: yes :(
[11:48] Sonja Strom: It has been a little bit difficult to put them back, but I have helped him with it and slowly we are getting it back to how he had it before.
[11:48] Brian Livingston: That may've been my fault when I was clearing my plot. I think I only returned a sign though, it was one priom
[11:49] Moon Adamant: well, i went to the Biergarten plot to relink the terrace so that it didn't fall on Brian's plot
[11:49] Sonja Strom: One thing he said was there was some kind of notice about Gonta's parcel.
[11:49] Brian Livingston: Maybe it was auto return?
[11:49] Sonja Strom: maybe - -
[11:49] Moon Adamant: i don't remeber returning anything, but if i did it i sincerely apologize
[11:49] Brian Livingston: Oh, Moon , Irelinked the stairs too ,as those were still on my plot
[11:49] Moon Adamant: hmm
[11:49] Moon Adamant: oh thanks!
[11:49] Moon Adamant: i forgot them
[11:50] Moon Adamant: or better, i remebered and then forgot :P
[11:50] Brian Livingston: lol, I'm quite good at doing that
[11:50] Sonja Strom: Also, I have done some work on finding better sit animations for the biergarten than he put there, but have not gotten very far with it.
[11:50] Moon Adamant: well, in any case Sonja
[11:50] Moon Adamant: ah, thanks!
[11:50] Sonja Strom: ready for item 3?
[11:51] Moon Adamant: yes
[11:51] Sonja Strom: It is something I would like to share with you that I also let the RA know.
[11:51] Moon Adamant: ok, i am listening
[11:51] Sonja Strom: I am founding a village at the base of the largest mountains on the original mainland, on the snow sims.
[11:51] Sonja Strom: It is called Arosa.
[11:51] Moon Adamant: :)
[11:51] Sonja Strom: That area has the best skiing I have found in the SL world.
[11:51] Sonja Strom: I would be happy to work together with the CDS and the Guild on this project if it would like, possibly for the village to become a franchulate of the CDS - that is, a part of the Confederation on the mainland.
[11:52] Sonja Strom: As you might imagine with it being mainland area, at the moment it is disorganized.
[11:52] Moon Adamant: ok :)
[11:52] Sonja Strom: But there are already several nice houses there and a pretty good feeling overall, with scenic mountains in the background.
[11:52] Moon Adamant: ah yes
[11:52] Moon Adamant: well hmmm
[11:52] Moon Adamant: i amnot sure atm how the franchulate question is
[11:52] Sonja Strom: I would be happy to let you know more of the details if you are interested in them.
[11:52] Sonja Strom: Thanks.
[11:52] Moon Adamant: meaning, i know RA has voted it
[11:53] Moon Adamant: but i don't know if all the legislation package is complete
[11:53] Moon Adamant: the whole*
[11:53] Sonja Strom: I don't know either.
[11:53] Moon Adamant: i will mention it to Jamie
[11:53] Moon Adamant: i have to talk with him still
[11:53] Sonja Strom: There are laws about it, but I haven't gotten to where I understand all of them, or how it would work.
[11:54] Moon Adamant: and see if the Exec has sufficient tools for organising franchulates atm
[11:54] Sonja Strom: Thanks Moon.
[11:54] Moon Adamant: well, i myself have to read them again
[11:54] Moon Adamant: in any case
[11:54] Moon Adamant: the Guild will be happy to help with planning and what we can
[11:54] Sonja Strom: Thanks for your interest :-)
[11:55] Sonja Strom: I think it is a worthy area.
[11:55] Moon Adamant: ah, the planning processes is what interests me more always lol - personally speaking :)
[11:55] Sonja Strom: :)
[11:55] Moon Adamant: ok,
[11:55] Moon Adamant: any other issue?
[11:55] Sonja Strom: Those are my 3 items, thank you.
[11:55] Moon Adamant: thanks Sonja :)
[11:56] Sonja Strom: :)
[11:56] Moon Adamant: motion to adjourn, then
[11:56] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye :)
[11:56] Sonja Strom: second
[11:56] Moon Adamant: (the fair is also getting more busy here!)
[11:56] Moon Adamant: ok... all agreeing say Aye
[11:56] Sonja Strom: Thanks for being here with us Moon.
[11:56] Lilith Ivory: aye
[11:56] Sonja Strom: aye
[11:56] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye...
[11:56] Junius Inaka: aye
[11:56] Moon Adamant: thank you all :)
[11:56] Moon Adamant: aye as well :)
[11:57] Sonja Strom: Thanks everybody!
[11:57] Moon Adamant: Lil, no need to take the transcript
[11:57] Brian Livingston: Thanks everyone!
[11:57] Lilith Ivory: ok :)
[11:57] Moon Adamant: i didn't crash, which was a miracle!
[11:57] Sonja Strom: yes!
[11:57] Lilith Ivory: hehe
[11:57] Moon Adamant: thank you all and see you next week :)

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”