Board Meeting 6th November 2009 - Transcript

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Board Meeting 6th November 2009 - Transcript

Post by Moon Adamant »

[11:32] Moon Adamant: ok... let's start anyway
[11:33] Moon Adamant: please remember the meeting is transcripted
[11:33] Moon Adamant: agenda is in the blue box
[11:33] Moon Adamant: but we'll only address schloss today
[11:33] Moon Adamant: unless any other business
[11:33] Moon Adamant: to start this discussion...
[11:33] Moon Adamant: last meeting
[11:34] Moon Adamant: we agreed that this Board should place a proposal for a schloss with the Exec
[11:34] Moon Adamant: but
[11:34] Moon Adamant: it was also discussed
[11:34] Moon Adamant: that since we
[11:34] Moon Adamant: a) have to propose a new sim design
[11:35] Moon Adamant: b) we could do with a serious rethinking of the schloss in terms of functionality, including a possible expansion across sims to give more room to events
[11:36] Moon Adamant: c) it is a bit awkward to propose to rebuild parts of the schloss only, since atm the schloss has 4 builders
[11:36] Moon Adamant: one of which is no longer with us
[11:37] Sudane Erato: I am near finishing a "schloss-like" build for my office... I'd love people to come and see, and see if that style would be good for here
[11:37] Sudane Erato: i'd love to build it
[11:37] Moon Adamant: that the best way is to prepare then the expansion to NFS-East
[11:37] Moon Adamant: and present the schloss proposal inside the sim proposal
[11:37] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:37] Sonja Strom: We could make a field trip :)
[11:38] Moon Adamant: ok, Sudane lol, but we'll discuss now what we need
[11:38] Sudane Erato: yes... sorry... i got possessed :)
[11:38] Moon Adamant: because we need specs for this new build
[11:38] Moon Adamant: mind you
[11:38] Sonja Strom: lol that's SL for you ;-)
[11:38] Moon Adamant: it's not us proposing the specs
[11:38] Moon Adamant: it must be the PI Office
[11:39] Sudane Erato: well... we *might* make suggestions to get the process moving
[11:39] Moon Adamant: but we can at least discuss the structure of this particular proposal, and assign tasks for writing it
[11:39] Sudane Erato: cause if we wait for others to initiate... it might take forever
[11:39] Moon Adamant: oh yes
[11:39] Moon Adamant: that's exactly what i mean
[11:39] Sonja Strom: The PI office?
[11:39] Moon Adamant: PIO
[11:39] Sudane Erato: great
[11:39] Moon Adamant: my suggestion is
[11:40] Moon Adamant: that we ask for specs from PIO
[11:40] Moon Adamant: they're already asked, in fact
[11:40] Moon Adamant: but that we go preparing the rest of the doc
[11:40] Moon Adamant: which must include
[11:40] Moon Adamant: a rationale
[11:40] Moon Adamant: why are we taking this step?
[11:40] Moon Adamant: an analysis of current situation
[11:40] Moon Adamant: the specs
[11:40] Moon Adamant: and a proposal
[11:41] Moon Adamant: what do you think, and can we complete this better?
[11:41] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:42] Moon Adamant: :)
[11:43] Sudane Erato: Moon, was that a question to us?
[11:43] Moon Adamant: yes lol
[11:43] Sudane Erato: or part of the proposal?
[11:43] Moon Adamant: no, no
[11:43] Moon Adamant: a question to you three :)
[11:43] Moon Adamant: do we need anything else on this doc?
[11:43] Moon Adamant: well, the estimate lol
[11:44] Sudane Erato: well, I agree complete... we should offer a draft proposal
[11:44] Sudane Erato: and then the appropriate groups should change it to suit them, and approve it
[11:44] Moon Adamant: yup
[11:44] Moon Adamant: at least, that's what i think
[11:44] Moon Adamant: i must impress the need for the rationale
[11:45] Cindy Ecksol waves to all
[11:45] Moon Adamant: since we are reversing the usual process
[11:45] Sudane Erato: well, the rationale is pretty clear to many of us
[11:45] Moon Adamant: hey Cindy :)
[11:45] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[11:45] Lilith Ivory: hi Cindy :)
[11:46] Moon Adamant: i am thinking here if the proposal should include also the team for the build
[11:46] Moon Adamant: but i am in two minds about that
[11:46] Sudane Erato: well... that *would* be our decision
[11:46] Moon Adamant: oh yes lol
[11:46] Sudane Erato: so we should keep their decisions separate from our decisions
[11:46] Moon Adamant: we are discussing the scheme of the draft of the proposal for a new schloss, Cindy
[11:47] Moon Adamant: to go with the proposal for NFS-East
[11:47] Sudane Erato: i hope the schloss can be re-built with or whthout NFS-East
[11:47] Moon Adamant: well
[11:47] Moon Adamant: ideally, yes
[11:48] Moon Adamant: but hmmm
[11:48] Moon Adamant: tactfully, presenting the proposal along with the sim proposal is a better way
[11:48] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:48] Moon Adamant: and it can save work
[11:48] Lilith Ivory smiles
[11:48] Moon Adamant: THOUGH
[11:48] Moon Adamant: we could study a two-modules schloss
[11:49] Moon Adamant: module A to start asap
[11:49] Cindy Ecksol: sounds like fun :-)
[11:49] Moon Adamant: and to link to module B when NFS-East goes live
[11:49] Sudane Erato: yes, thats a concept i would like... in case other reasons delay NFS-East
[11:49] Moon Adamant: oh, yes! modularity is a great planning exercise, Cindy :)
[11:49] Moon Adamant: i will tend to agree with you, Sudane
[11:50] Moon Adamant: what do you all think?
[11:50] Lilith Ivory: oh sorry I´ve to leave
[11:50] Lilith Ivory: will be back asap
[11:50] Moon Adamant: ok, Lil :)
[11:51] Sonja Strom: I am wondering how the decision was made that the Schloss would be the office for the PIO.
[11:51] Moon Adamant: oh, it's not the office see
[11:51] Josef Zapatero: ☆+:;;;;;:+☆ Servus ! ☆+:;;;;;:+☆
[11:51] Josef Zapatero: ☆ ☆ +:;;;;;:+ Keep in touch! +:;;;;;:+ ☆ ☆
[11:52] Moon Adamant: but what happened is
[11:52] Sonja Strom: Also, who is the PIO at the moment actually?
[11:52] Moon Adamant: Rose, but it's irrelevant
[11:52] Moon Adamant: if we do a good job
[11:52] Sonja Strom: please excuse me,
[11:52] Moon Adamant: the space can be used by any PIO
[11:52] Sonja Strom shouts: Servus Josef!
[11:52] Moon Adamant: but Sonja
[11:52] Josef Zapatero: hallo sonja :-)
[11:52] Josef Zapatero: Hi Sonia :-)
[11:52] Josef Zapatero: die welt ist klein
[11:52] Josef Zapatero: The world is small
[11:53] Josef Zapatero: lach
[11:53] Josef Zapatero: stör ich?
[11:53] Josef Zapatero: disturb me?
[11:53] Moon Adamant: Josef, kindly be seated - this is a meeting which is transcripted
[11:53] Sonja Strom: gruezi Josef
[11:53] Josef Zapatero: ich setz mich mal hin und bin ganz brav
[11:53] Josef Zapatero: I sit me down time and am quite well-behaved
[11:53] Sonja Strom: kannst dich gerne hier mit uns hinsetzen wenn du willst
[11:53] Moon Adamant: if you are a citizen of the CDS, you are welcome to participate
[11:54] Moon Adamant: if not, you are welcome to listen :)
[11:54] Josef Zapatero: ähhhh, nein
[11:54] Josef Zapatero: ähhhh, no
[11:54] Sonja Strom: He is not, but a visitor
[11:54] Josef Zapatero: ich bin über arosa hier hergekommen
[11:54] Josef Zapatero: I came over here arosa
[11:54] Sonja Strom: :-)
[11:54] Timo Gufler: hello
[11:54] Sudane Erato: hi Timo :)
[11:54] Sonja Strom: hi Timo
[11:54] Josef Zapatero: ☆+:;;;;;:+☆ Servus ! ☆+:;;;;;:+☆
[11:54] Josef Zapatero: timo
[11:54] Moon Adamant: hi Timo :)
[11:55] Moon Adamant: ok...
[11:55] Moon Adamant: matter is schloss
[11:55] Moon Adamant: we are discussing the scheme for the draft of a proposal to build a new schloss
[11:55] Moon Adamant: Sonja
[11:55] Timo Gufler: wow
[11:56] Moon Adamant: last meeting we discussed briefly what would be the function of the schloss
[11:56] Moon Adamant: we pinpointed two
[11:56] Moon Adamant: events - not only balls, but exhibits, etc - these are coodinated by the PIO
[11:57] Moon Adamant: seat of the SC - but this was proposed to be held instead at one of the many spaces avaliable at AA
[11:57] Sudane Erato: we could rent for weddings
[11:57] Moon Adamant: ehehehe it still is the province of the PIO :)
[11:57] Moon Adamant: atm, the space as it is makes it almost ipossible to hold events
[11:58] Moon Adamant: i can say that at the last ball i was almost going crazy trying to take good pics there....
[11:58] Moon Adamant: so
[11:58] Moon Adamant: we reached the conclusion that it would be the PIO to tell us what spaces are needed for events
[11:58] Moon Adamant: not only balls
[11:58] Moon Adamant: but also other events
[11:58] Moon Adamant: for example
[11:59] Moon Adamant: atm
[11:59] Moon Adamant: you almost can't put an exhibit there either
[11:59] Moon Adamant: so, we are pushing this task to PIO: to tell us what is NEEDED
[12:00] Moon Adamant: then we will write down what is the SOLUTION :)
[12:00] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[12:00] Moon Adamant: what do you think? :)
[12:00] Cindy Ecksol: I have a suggestion
[12:00] Moon Adamant: yes, Cindy?
[12:00] Sudane Erato: i think that with AA and Garnata, she will tell us nothing is needed
[12:00] Moon Adamant: not at all
[12:00] Cindy Ecksol: how about if this group draws up a list of possible functions and passes it along to Rose for comment?
[12:01] Moon Adamant: she welcomed the idea last meeting
[12:01] Sudane Erato: Cindy, yes
[12:01] Moon Adamant: ok, we can do that as well
[12:01] Sudane Erato: thats a good idea
[12:01] Cindy Ecksol: we DO need space here -- it is a VERY nice place to bring people!
[12:01] Moon Adamant: indeed
[12:01] Moon Adamant: i agree with that, and i think Rose also agrees
[12:01] Cindy Ecksol: but the question really goes beyond "what should the schloss be"?
[12:01] Cindy Ecksol: it really is a questino about pulic space in general in NFS
[12:02] Cindy Ecksol: for example, we havea beautiful kirche...that is hardly ever used
[12:02] Moon Adamant: she understands the - we can call it 'historical' already - importance of neufreistadt
[12:02] Moon Adamant: oh yes, Cindy
[12:02] Moon Adamant: but you see
[12:02] Cindy Ecksol: loved it when we had classical music concerts there the first year I was in CDS
[12:02] Cindy Ecksol: I don't think we've used it since
[12:02] Moon Adamant: this is my take on this
[12:03] Moon Adamant: since much of the community work in teh CDS is done by volunteers
[12:03] Cindy Ecksol: (oh, except for Gwyn's "church" sessions)
[12:03] Moon Adamant: we can't order people about
[12:03] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[12:03] Moon Adamant: but we can for sure create the conditions for people to deploy ideas in the spaces
[12:03] Moon Adamant: for instance, and to take your example
[12:03] Moon Adamant: with a schloss terrace or room that spans two sims
[12:04] Moon Adamant: classic concerts are easier to be done
[12:04] Moon Adamant: atm, if you try to bang a quartet and 4 people in the audience on this sim, you get lag and more lag
[12:04] Josef Zapatero: ich sehe, ich bin da nicht richtig am platz
[12:04] Josef Zapatero: I see I'm not there at the right place
[12:05] Josef Zapatero: wünsche euch noch ein frohes schaffen und gutes gelingen
[12:05] Josef Zapatero: wish you still manage to create one happy and good
[12:05] Josef Zapatero: guten abend :-)
[12:05] Josef Zapatero: good evening :-)
[12:05] Moon Adamant: auf wiedersehen, Josef :)
[12:05] Josef Zapatero: ☆+:;;;;;:+☆ Servus ! ☆+:;;;;;:+☆
[12:05] Josef Zapatero: ☆ ☆ +:;;;;;:+ Keep in touch! +:;;;;;:+ ☆ ☆
[12:05] Moon Adamant: so...
[12:05] Timo Gufler: Guten Abend, Josef :)
[12:05] Sonja Strom: guten abend Josef
[12:05] Moon Adamant: let's get organized lol
[12:05] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[12:05] Moon Adamant: who wants to be in this workgroup?
[12:06] Moon Adamant: besides Sudane :)
[12:06] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:06] Cindy Ecksol: back to your point moon -- yes, I understand about the lag. so we need to revise the schloss :-)
[12:06] Cindy Ecksol: and maybe send Rose a list of possible uses :-)
[12:06] Moon Adamant: ok, i think we can make an enqury like you are suggesting
[12:07] Moon Adamant: 'Should we consider these functions for the schloss?....'
[12:07] Sudane Erato: maybe we can make a google doc that everyone can share?
[12:07] Moon Adamant: surely
[12:07] Moon Adamant: then i propose this
[12:07] Moon Adamant: i'll start the doc
[12:08] Moon Adamant: everyone wanting to participate, send me a mail adress by IM
[12:08] Moon Adamant: and pass the word around :)
[12:08] Sudane Erato: great
[12:08] Timo Gufler: :)
[12:09] Moon Adamant: ok
[12:09] Moon Adamant: i'll put the structure in place to make it easier
[12:09] Sudane Erato: amybe post it on the forum, to invite others
[12:09] Moon Adamant: and now i'll ask for any other business :)
[12:09] Moon Adamant: ok, agree and noted :)
[12:10] Sonja Strom: I have a very small question (I think...)
[12:10] Moon Adamant: yes?
[12:10] Sonja Strom: about the area in Colonia Nova that was to be rebuilt.
[12:10] Moon Adamant: ah yes
[12:10] Sonja Strom: Do we know the status of this?
[12:11] Moon Adamant: hmmmm
[12:11] Moon Adamant: well, i'll be frank
[12:11] Moon Adamant: i think we lost a bit of cred there :)
[12:11] Moon Adamant: i have tried to bring the subject with those competent to decide
[12:11] Moon Adamant: and it's... undecided
[12:12] Moon Adamant: so... i don't quite know what to do
[12:12] Moon Adamant: i would like to hear your opinion, actually
[12:12] Moon Adamant: mind that
[12:12] Moon Adamant: if we are to come back with another proposal
[12:12] Moon Adamant: this time it will be expected
[12:13] Moon Adamant: -and actually i'll insist myself -
[12:13] Moon Adamant: that we lay it down more carefully
[12:13] Moon Adamant: in what respects completion schedules, etc
[12:14] Sudane Erato: I find it very frustrating that previously there was huge complaint that Moon and I did all the building... no one else had a chance... but now we have a section of CN that somehow cannot get built
[12:14] Sudane Erato: for lack of volunteers
[12:14] Sonja Strom: undersand
[12:14] Moon Adamant: that's the big issue with volunteer work
[12:15] Moon Adamant: we can't press people, really
[12:15] Moon Adamant: but i would recommend
[12:15] Moon Adamant: to anyone wishing to take this through
[12:15] Sudane Erato: but then why is there the companit?... how is the complaint credible?
[12:15] Moon Adamant: beats me :P
[12:15] Moon Adamant: hmmmm
[12:16] Sudane Erato: i'd be happy to do it... but it would only open us to this compaint again
[12:16] Moon Adamant: well... i can only do a recommendation i find useful for my own private life and projects
[12:16] Sonja Strom: I don't remember that complaint being made, but I believe you and understand the potential for frustration.
[12:16] Moon Adamant: which is: diiigence and commitment... are above technical expertise, really
[12:17] Moon Adamant: the reason being... dilligence and commitment will bring the technical expertiose along
[12:17] Sudane Erato: Sonja, "the priviledged insiders get to do all the work, and exclude all the enthusiastic others from participating..."... a major theme some months ago
[12:17] Moon Adamant: and the contrary isn't true :)
[12:18] Moon Adamant: enhance... a better word
[12:18] Sonja Strom: I just realised, the plans on the wall behind me are for that project in CN - -
[12:18] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[12:18] Moon Adamant: oh yes
[12:18] Moon Adamant: mind you, the thing is this really
[12:18] Moon Adamant: either Sudane or myself could offer to build this area
[12:18] Moon Adamant: thus saving tyhe Guild's face lol
[12:18] Moon Adamant: but
[12:19] Sudane Erato: yes, but hurting us in thos other way
[12:19] Moon Adamant: I at least would like to see more hands in the building of the CDS
[12:19] Moon Adamant: and i think Sudane agrees too
[12:19] Sudane Erato: yes!
[12:19] Moon Adamant: so that's why it's undecided lol
[12:20] Moon Adamant: actually, i don't mind the complaints much
[12:20] Moon Adamant: having being blessed with a self-assurance you can bounce rocks off lol
[12:20] Moon Adamant: BUT
[12:20] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[12:20] Moon Adamant: i do mind that in the end, in the long run
[12:21] Moon Adamant: the CDS isn't built in a sense by everyone
[12:21] Moon Adamant: that's what being a community is
[12:21] Moon Adamant: you can't build, maybe - it's not an issue, help us think!
[12:21] Moon Adamant: everyone can think :)
[12:21] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:22] Moon Adamant: and as you see by this meeting
[12:22] Cindy Ecksol: well, I would have loved to build months ago...but now have to build my parcel in AM :-)
[12:22] Moon Adamant: it may be a defect of mine, in which case i do ask you to please vote on somebody else for this role lol
[12:22] Moon Adamant: but i think that the building process needs a lot of thinking beforehand :)
[12:22] Sudane Erato: not a chance :)
[12:23] Sonja Strom: I'm kind of busy with Arosa now too.
[12:23] Sonja Strom: I don't know how great I would be for that Roman style anyway...
[12:23] Sonja Strom: I like seeing it, but I don't think it is my natural expression.
[12:24] Moon Adamant: it can happen... we all have favourite languages
[12:24] Moon Adamant: myself, for instance, have an issue with ornamentation
[12:24] Moon Adamant: that's why you have such a bare praetorium lol
[12:24] Sonja Strom: :-)
[12:24] Sudane Erato: well, I'm pretty ancient... so I like ancient forms :)
[12:25] Cindy Ecksol: :-)
[12:25] Sonja Strom: lol Sudane
[12:25] Sudane Erato: hehe
[12:25] Moon Adamant: but mind you... you CAN go and supplement my lacking in ornamentation
[12:25] Moon Adamant: and that's also why this Guild exists :)
[12:25] Moon Adamant: so we can complement each other :)
[12:25] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:25] Moon Adamant: ok
[12:26] Moon Adamant: any other business?
[12:26] Sudane Erato: move me adjourn
[12:26] Sudane Erato: *we
[12:26] Moon Adamant: seconds?
[12:26] Sonja Strom: second
[12:27] Moon Adamant: eheheh :)
[12:27] Moon Adamant: ok all agreeing say Aye
[12:27] Cindy Ecksol: aye
[12:27] Sudane Erato: aye
[12:27] Sonja Strom: aye
[12:27] Moon Adamant: and i'll take silence as Aye!
[12:27] Sudane Erato: bye all :)...
[12:27] Sonja Strom: hehe
[12:27] Timo Gufler: yae
[12:27] Moon Adamant: lol, it wasn't needed this time :)
[12:27] Sonja Strom: Thanks everybody!
[12:27] Cindy Ecksol: gosh, all paying attention...
[12:27] Moon Adamant: thank you all :)) It was a great meeting, we cleared some very important issues here
[12:27] Timo Gufler: thanks Moon :)
[12:27] Moon Adamant: not project issues, but very important

Eudaimonia now!
Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”