Regarding land values

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Regarding land values

Post by Rose Springvale »

As a person particularly interested in land values in SL, I watch the trends on the secondary market. For those who don't understand the term, this is a market where people who own sims sell them, full transfer, to new estate owners. Linden labs charges 1000 USD for a new full prim sim, and with that sale, the purchaser gets one month with no tier payments. So the actual value of the new sim from linden labs is $705, with tier at $295 beginning a month after purchase.

This week the secondary market for sims hit new lows. i've seen full prim sims selling for as little as $400 usd, with tier for several days already paid. The seller is also responsible for a $100 usd transfer fee.

I think you should consider these issues when you are voting on our land sales pricing policy.

Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Regarding land values

Post by Timo Gufler »

Rose Springvale wrote:

This week the secondary market for sims hit new lows. i've seen full prim sims selling for as little as $400 usd, with tier for several days already paid. The seller is also responsible for a $100 usd transfer fee.

Thanks, Rose, for your interesting report. It sounds like the CDS should buy its next sim from the secondary markets instead of LL. :) Buying a sim for US$400 would probably mean, that the initial land prices were roughly 15% .. 55% ( (400-295)/(1000-295) .. 400/(1000-295) ) of the "base prices" of LL sims? But who cares... I know people, who find land prices greater than L$0 as robbery, and others who are ready to pay more than L$40 per prim for a parcel in an environment they like. Maybe there isn't a single answer to the question about the right level of the land prices...

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

That math escapes me Timo :) I think, taking out tier prepayments, it is safe to say the land values decreased to 40% of original cost to about 60% of original cost. Some products have lost 100% of value.. particularly openspace sims (the 750 prim product, not the homesteads) Sometimes sellers can get the $100 transfer fee, but more often they are simply abandoned.

I've also heard that even Linden Labs has given mainland for no cost after its been abandoned. There are citizens in CDS who have obtained land that way.

Just information. :)

Keila Forager
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Keila Forager »

Very disheartening the way the land values have decreased. And as for mainland at no cost , I got some of mine from them at $1L per sqm. For mainland that is almost like no cost ;)

Ranma Tardis

Caledon too

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Caledon is feeling the falling prices as well. I received my last 3 lots at no cost. I need to think up some ways to use prims! I have so many excess. Think the reason I keep the lots is out of loyalty to my friend Desmond and really it does not cost me a lot. Need to make a Tarn perch ;) maybe add some extra Tarns :)

Return to “General Discussion”