Monastery Land

Forum to discuss business matters, commerce and the economy of the CDS

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Monastery Land

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Just noticed that parcel Seaview 2 is owned by Rudeen, but it is not listed for sale and a building is being constructed. The foundation is named St. Patrick Monastery. Probably the name is only a name given to the object from an earlier build. The site seems too small for a monastery.

I would seem however that this parcel should be shown for sale. A person looking for land in CDS would not know of this parcel and its availability might influence one's decision to buy or even the price paid for other parcels of land in the same sim or CDS.

I noted that this would mean three parcels are for sale in monastery. Two owned by CDS, or Rudeen. One by a citizen. Two of the three are shown in yellow on the map.

Given the recent concern over our finances, we should ensure that all parcels are posted on the map for sale.

Tor Karlsvalt.

Citizen
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Monastery Land

Post by Sonja Strom »

This parcel is now taken care of. :)

So far as I know all of the land that can be purchased in the CDS is set for sale. The SL map shows all of these parcels in yellow except for one of them on the river in Colonia Nova, and I think it will show up in yellow too after LL updates it on the map.

Tor made a good point when we were there looking at the parcel, which is that maybe the original purchase price is too high for the current market.

Soro Dagostino
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Soro Dagostino »

Hmmmm, that's interesting. Haven't we been here before? Then the folk were screaming that the land was undervalued when sold, and was impinging on their view of the value of their own lands. Now it is no better in price, and not making tier. Good business heads seem to be missing.

Bottle Washer
CDS SC
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

Hehee Soro, you are so clever. :wink:

One thing about my post is, I was passing on a statement made to me by another citizen. I felt like it was good to bring his comments to the Forum.

Another thing about my post is, it brings up the topic of what we might think about lowering the price of the land that is for sale. To me this is different than saying we should give this land all away for free - and that is the concept I did not completely support. Although, I did support the concept of selling the land for the price of two months of its tier and then allowing the new owners to not pay tier for two months, which had the end effect of the cost being the same as free. :D So, I was flexible... and I am still.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Arria Perreault »

Hamlet 4 was bought on saturday by a citizen who intent to make an interesting building. The Monastery bought the parcel Seaview 2, to host its animals (2 hens and 3 rabbits) and also to get some prims. A public bench is available in this parcel to admire the view on the Lake.
There is only one available parcel on the sim now, sold by a citizen.

NB: does anyone
know about foxes in the area Alpine Meadow Monastery? ;-)

Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Timo Gufler »

The last parcel, sold by the citizen, was bought yesterday, that means the land sold very quickly in the Monastery. Is this sign of recovering land markets in SL, result of a rush of land buyers in the CDS, or just coincidence? Whatever, but very nice... :)

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

It is good to see the parcel ins Monastery sell. Those were small parcels. I wonder if there is any market for the large parcel in AM. It costs $380.00 USD! Granted it is double prim. But it has been vacant for months, even when it cost nothing to buy and only tier. I know it was vacant last Christmas when I was considering buying into CDS. Thus it seems that that parcel is just too big and nobody wants to take on the tier. Also, the AM covenant limits holdings to 4096. So current AM residents cannot consider buying it.

Citizen
Timo Gufler
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Timo Gufler »

It's hard to predict how much some people are ready to spend for land. I read about a guy, who owned nine homesteads in the old United Sailing Sims area before the Openspace/Homestead drama, and also sailed many times around this his huge island there. As far as I know, he didn't get any income of the area. So, if a right person person visited in the CDS and he/she was interested to buy a big parcel there... Anyway, the parcel was owned by someone earlier.

Of course one possibility could be to use the parcel as a "prim reserve", where people could rent more prim capacity for their existing parcels in Alpine Meadow. Most of people, who buy parcels think, they never need any more prims or are not ready to pay for more. Still, on course of time they usually notice, raising the prim limit would be very nice after all...

Return to “Business, Commerce and the Economy”