Anzere out of date

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Dianne
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Anzere out of date

Post by Dianne »

I was reading some SL blogs lately and there was one about how because of the load on the system, large amounts new avatars are being spawned at infohubs. One of these is [b:vnu3b50l]Anzere[/b:vnu3b50l] where the old Neualtenburg used to be.

It seems that significant amounts of avatars are having Anzere be the very first thing they see in SL, but unfortunately, the blog in question goes on about how Anzere is a [i:vnu3b50l]"couple of crappy houses in a snowy wilderness"[/i:vnu3b50l] and how it has all this information to a place called Neualtenburg "[i:vnu3b50l]that doesn't even exist.[/i:vnu3b50l]"

!!!

I am sure I am not alone in thinking this is a giant missed opportunity here. From the description it sounds like all that is there is a couple of old Nburg era Fachwerks and some Kendra beer mugs for sale along with a lot of out of date info and landmarks. We should likely at least update the information or LL might take it away from us.

I am not sure how this piece of land works now, do we own it? Does one individual own it? How do we go about sprucing it up?

=======
insert clever signature here
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

Here's how the infohub program works, more or less. A group lays claim to a hub and is therefore responsible for maintaining that hub.

Problem in our case: the group the Anzere stuff is set to is the old Ramnutzung group, and refers to "Neualtenburg". While I can still personally make some modifications despite no longer belonging to the group (as the objects are owned by me; I was the one who built the hub - and no, there's no Kendra objects for sale) I think you can agree having to depend on me to update the infohub forevermore is a bad idea; I'm not even sure if LL will *allow* us to re-claim the hub given Kendra and Ulrika's claim on "neualtenburg".

Although if that's an issue, I could just wipe the build.

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":1qzqaw6q]Here's how the infohub program works, more or less. A group lays claim to a hub and is therefore responsible for maintaining that hub.

Problem in our case: the group the Anzere stuff is set to is the old Ramnutzung group, and refers to "Neualtenburg". While I can still personally make some modifications despite no longer belonging to the group (as the objects are owned by me; I was the one who built the hub - and no, there's no Kendra objects for sale) I think you can agree having to depend on me to update the infohub forevermore is a bad idea; I'm not even sure if LL will *allow* us to re-claim the hub given Kendra and Ulrika's claim on "neualtenburg".

Although if that's an issue, I could just wipe the build.[/quote:1qzqaw6q]

It is a difficult problem. Have you asked LL whether they would allow you to claim it? There is, after all, no harm in asking. And could you use whatever rights that you have to update the infocard at least to "Neufreistadt", and/or add a landmark dispenser for us? Although you cannot maintain it for evermore, that would at least be a temporary solution.

Why is the rest of Anzere blank? Would there be any prospect in the future of turning it into a franchulate?

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Anzere is blank and owned by Governor Linden. No idea if there's any plans to ever sell the land.

I have gone and updated what I can, and removed what I could not. I suggest getting in touch with Torley or another Linden to get the infohub set to some current Neufreistadt group; this isn't something I can handle since I'm not in any such group, not being a member of the government now.

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":3str96p6]Anzere is blank and owned by Governor Linden. No idea if there's any plans to ever sell the land.[/quote:3str96p6]

Hmm, that seems wasteful. Perhaps somebody should contact Linden Labs and ask them what their plans are for it.

[quote:3str96p6]I have gone and updated what I can, and removed what I could not.[/quote:3str96p6]

Good work; I hope that that will help us to get more visitors :-) Would it have been possible to add a landmark dispenser, though?

[quote:3str96p6]I suggest getting in touch with Torley or another Linden to get the infohub set to some current Neufreistadt group; this isn't something I can handle since I'm not in any such group, not being a member of the government now.[/quote:3str96p6]

Your suggestion is a good one :-)

Ashcroft Burnham

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Just a note about this. Before she had to unfortunately leave her role as PIO, Salzie was working on an arrangement with Kendra by which both Neufreistadt and Port Neualtenburg would be represented at the Anzere hub. I understand that Kendra was quite interested in this, but Salzie was not able to get further on the project.

At that time there was no word about what Dianne has discovered, that newbies are arriving there. Traffic was extremely low. Perhaps with this new state of affairs, someone might discuss the matter with Kendra and come up with a joint plan.

There's little doubt that this would get the quickest cooperation of LL. I'd suggest that one reason that Anzere is held public might be that LL prefers to avoid any action which might see it favoring either side of the recent "Neualtenburg conflict".

Sudane

Dianne
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Dianne »

[quote="Sudane Erato":13ip35za]... Perhaps with this new state of affairs, someone might discuss the matter with Kendra and come up with a joint plan. ...[/quote:13ip35za]I would prefer, (and I think if more proper) to remake the place as the Neufreistadt hub.

As far as I recall, at the time when the infohubs were being "given away," no one wanted to even bother about it except Aliasi, so it is Aliasi that sort of [i:13ip35za]"saved the hub"[/i:13ip35za] and she that has the tacit agreement with LL. Anything the hub has to do with the old Neualtenburg project I would think defunct at this point.

I suggest the government of Neufreistadt should give authority to it's representative and current "caretaker" of the hub (Aliasi) to ask Torley to change the group to Neufreistadt just to see if she might do it first. Torely certainly still feels guilty I think about how things went in the whole forum kafuffle.

I volunteer to completely re-do the hub if we can gain control of it in a legal and official way, but a "joint" hub with Port Neualtenburg would work more to our disadvantage than it would be a positive thing in my view. it would be confusing at best and I don't think the association with the "party town" of Port Neualtenburg works in our favour.

On the other hand, if negotiations fail, LL seems to be needing infohubs to dump newbies in so there is nothing stopping us from petitioning them for an infohub of our own. We could use the fact (if it turns out that way) that Torley gives the hub to Kendra as a lever to move LL to give us our own infohub. This would give us a cool advertising location and access to a fresh stream of nice juicy newbies. :)

We are certainly in that class of projects and residents that would both provide a good infohub experience and promote LL at the same time.

=======
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

[quote="Dianne":qk2mx2z2]
As far as I recall, at the time when the infohubs were being "given away," no one wanted to even bother about it except Aliasi, so it is Aliasi that sort of [i:qk2mx2z2]"saved the hub"[/i:qk2mx2z2] and she that has the tacit agreement with LL. Anything the hub has to do with the old Neualtenburg project I would think defunct at this point.
[/quote:qk2mx2z2]

That's about the size of it. Kendra's involvement was basically "hey, Kendra, can I use a bierfass and some of your fachwerks?" "Sure." I was the one who found out about it and was the primary contact with LL - I stepped down because, all things considered, it seemed the thing to do.

[quote:qk2mx2z2]
I suggest the government of Neufreistadt should give authority to it's representative and current "caretaker" of the hub (Aliasi) to ask Torley to change the group to Neufreistadt just to see if she might do it first. Torely certainly still feels guilty I think about how things went in the whole forum kafuffle.

I volunteer to completely re-do the hub if we can gain control of it in a legal and official way, but a "joint" hub with Port Neualtenburg would work more to our disadvantage than it would be a positive thing in my view. it would be confusing at best and I don't think the association with the "party town" of Port Neualtenburg works in our favour.
[/quote:qk2mx2z2]

If worst comes to worse, I have absolutely no existing agreement to leave the infohub STANDING, either. The group it is set to no longer exists (or, at least, I can't pull it up in find) (the Ramnutzung) and thus is it literally impossible to maintain; autoreturn will bounce anything I set out.

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Recent email conversation with Torley, reposted with permission.

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":27h21jbp]
Hile, Torley.

As you might recall, awhile back I renovated the Anzere infohub on
behalf of the Neualtenburg Project. Since then, the project has split
into two - the founders made a new "Port Neualtenburg" project,
whereas the original city was renamed Neufreistadt (though we consider
ourselves the direct continuation of the project, obviously, opinions
differ).

This has lead to a problem as the Anzere infohub is both terribly out
of date and literally impossible to update, since the group the
infohub is set to (Neualtenburg Ramnutzung) is no longer functional -
it may no longer exist; it doesn't show in group search.

I'd like to see if there's any possibility of (a) Neufreistadt
"re"-claiming the infohub, so we can update it, (b) officially
abandoning the hub since nobody in either group other than me seemed
to have any real interest, or even (c) just have me personally be the
one responsible and don't worry about the two projects (save whatever
is needed for the technicality of setting a group on the hub). I can
understand if LL isn't wanting to show favoritism either way, so I'm
curious as to our/mine options.
[/quote:27h21jbp]

[quote="Torley Linden":27h21jbp]
Why hallo Aliasi!

Are those options listed in order of preference? Since you're really the built the one who built the Infohub, (c) is fine with me, (a) could be doable too--I certainly haven't heard any other requests to "claim the hub". I could set it to Neufreistadt but I'd just need an invite to the group and then I'll turn off autoreturn so you can set objects to group, etc.

I'd have to update the description too, just let me know what you want the name and description to be in regards to that!

So just let me know what is most comfortable for you, and let's do it. :)
[/quote:27h21jbp]

Dianne
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Dianne »

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":1r0lccfk]Recent email conversation with Torley, reposted with permission.[/quote:1r0lccfk]If you want to do that and set it to a group I can access I can throw some of my fachwerks out and dress it up a bit. (assuming Kendras stuff goes flying back to her as there is no reason not to keep it either).

Probably be best if we coordinate closely on this however as having a totally blank snow field infohub would be really really bad.

=======
Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

[quote="Aliasi Stonebender":cwuvbb31][quote="Torley Linden":cwuvbb31]
Why hallo Aliasi!

Are those options listed in order of preference? Since you're really the built the one who built the Infohub, (c) is fine with me, (a) could be doable too--I certainly haven't heard any other requests to "claim the hub". I could set it to Neufreistadt but I'd just need an invite to the group and then I'll turn off autoreturn so you can set objects to group, etc.

I'd have to update the description too, just let me know what you want the name and description to be in regards to that!

So just let me know what is most comfortable for you, and let's do it. :)
[/quote:cwuvbb31][/quote:cwuvbb31]

This is very good news :-) With some of Dianne's lovely Faachwerks, her flag, some general rennovation, and perhaps a landmark dispenser (maybe one of my signposts could be the dispenser? I could make one saying "Neufreistadt"), we could really help to attract a lot of new people.

Thank you, Alaisi

Ashcroft Burnham

Return to “General Discussion”