Chancellor Position

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Chancellor Position

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

Per a constitutional amendment approved by the RA at its most recent meeting (pending SC approval of course) the RA will select a Chancellor within the next couple of weeks.

Per the amendment (see Proposed Amendment establishing an executive in Legislative Discussion) the Chancellor will be chose from those indicating to the RA their desire to stand for the office within 10 days.

The exact manner in which one expresses one's interest is unspecified. In the interests of maximum transparency, I would suggest that interested citizens publicly declare their intent to stand as a candidate. Perhaps by posting in an appropriate forum thread :)

Note there is no [i:1nc431e2]official[/i:1nc431e2] procedure at the moment and this is only my suggestion.

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

Then, unofficially, let me be one of the first to publically throw my hat into the ring. I don't know if I have a lot to offer, save my extensive experience in the currently-existing three branches of government and with cat-herding in other projects, such as the sim of Suffugium. I suspect the Chancellor will be doing a lot of cat-herding.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

I would like to expres my interest in standing for the office of Chancellor. I would be grateful if the RA would consider me for this position and I would be happy to attend the RA meeting to discuss what I would do for the City and the CDS if selected.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Congratulations to Aliasi!

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Can I be the first to congratulate Aliasi on becoming the first Chancellor of the CDS?

I think this position is very important for the future development of Neufreistadt/CDS and I wish Aliasi well. I look forward to working with her to drive forward the work that both of us recognised was necessary during the election campaign. I am sure that she will do an excellent job.

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Likewise. Perhaps the worst part of being elected is I now must contrive to [i:4p1m29ep]do[/i:4p1m29ep] all of these things. :)

While I seem to have been elected largely because everyone was voting along party lines (how exciting :P) I should like to repeat my earlier committment to being as non-partisan as I can. I don't expect much of the job itself to matter at that level - as we all seem to have a good grasp as to WHAT needs to be done; what is important is getting it done - but my statement remains.

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

Aliasi, congratulations :) Now you're the first green ogre ever holding an executive position in Second Life :)

I wish you a peaceful term, and one that allows you to [i:1yirrg1d]do[/i:1yirrg1d] things! Let's get this old oxen wagon rolling on the cobbled street :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Ashcroft Burnham
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Ashcroft Burnham »

Indeed, congratulations to Aliasi, our new chancellor. I am rather hoping that, now that we have a proper executive, far more things will be done. Colonia Nova, anybody?

Ashcroft Burnham

Where reason fails, all hope is lost.
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

[quote="Gwyneth Llewelyn":2m6nmixq]Aliasi, congratulations :) Now you're the first green ogre ever holding an executive position in Second Life :)
[/quote:2m6nmixq]

Ah-ah-ah, dragon, if you please. I figured I'd save any knight-errants time and combine the roles of that and fair maiden. ;)

Jon Seattle
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Jon Seattle »

A sincere congratulations Aliasi! I look forward to working with you on new and ongoing projects.

Fernando Book
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Fernando Book »

Congratulations to our new Chancellor![/img]

Return to “General Discussion”