Proposed Procedures for Chancellor Selection

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Proposed Procedures for Chancellor Selection

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

1. Candidates are invited to make a public posting related to their qualifications and are invited to attend the RA meeting so as to be available for questions.

2. Voting shall consist of one or more ballots. After each ballot:

a. If any candidate receives votes equal to or greater than a simple majority of RA seats, he or she is elected.

b. any candidate receiving zero votes is dropped from subsequent ballots.

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

Sounds good to me.

White smoke coming out of the building will signal selection of the new Chancellor, uh, wait a minute --- that's just the clouds!

Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Regarding the proposed selection process...

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

How do citizens, especially those who are intentionally unaffiliated with a faction, indicate their desires regarding the candidates to the RA? Seems to be a rather closed selection process for such an important position.

Claude Desmoulins
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Claude Desmoulins »

One of my intentions in creating a thread for citizens to declare their candidacy was to make the discussion portion of the process more open and available to all interested citizens. I hope that those who wish an open process will make public comment on the candidates here in the forums.

If one does not wish one's comments to be public, I suppose the other option is to express opinions privately to members of the RA, though I don't personally believe that this approach would contribute to openness.

Return to “Legislative Discussion”